Subject: Protocol Action: 'IMAP4 Extensions for Quick Mailbox Resynchronization' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 13:30:05 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IMAP4 Extensions for Quick Mailbox Resynchronization '
   <draft-ietf-lemonade-reconnect-client-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Enhancements to Internet email to 
Support Diverse Service Environments Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Chris Newman and Lisa Dusseault.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lemonade-reconnect-client-06.txt

Technical Summary

This document defines an IMAP4 extension, which gives an IMAP client the
ability to quickly resynchronize any previously opened mailbox as part
of the SELECT command, without the need for server-side state or
additional client round-trips. This extension also introduces a new
response with a more compact representation for a list of expunged
messages.

Working Group Summary

There is consensus in the WG to publish this document. There are three
client implementations and four server implementations by work group
members.

Protocol Quality

Virtually all members of the Lemonade WG have reviewed the document.

The document has been checked manually and using idnits 2.04.01, and
passed both checks.

Eric Burger shepherds this document, has reviewed this document, and
believes that this version is ready for publication.  This document has
been reviewed for the IESG by Chris Newman.  Gen-ART review was
performed by Brian E Carpenter.

Note to RFC Editor

OLD:
   This document defines the X-DRAFT-W05-QRESYNC [[anchor22: The final
                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
   capability name will be chosen during AUTH48]] IMAP capability.
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
NEW:
   This document defines the QRESYNC IMAP capability.
                             ^^^^^^^

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce