Subject: Protocol Action: 'Applying Signaling Compression (SigComp) to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 12:21:32 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Applying Signaling Compression (SigComp) to the Session Initiation 
   Protocol (SIP) '
   <draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-sip-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Robust Header Compression Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Magnus Westerlund and Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-sip-08.txt

Technical Summary

  This document describes some specifics that apply when Signaling
  Compression (SigComp) is applied to the Session Initiation Protocol
  (SIP), such as default minimum values of SigComp parameters,
  compartment and state management, and a few issues on SigComp over
  TCP.  Any implementation of SigComp for use with SIP must conform to
  this document, in addition to SigComp and support of the SIP and
  Session Description Protocol (SDP) static dictionary.

Working Group Summary

  This document has been in the workings for several years, and it has
  been given the time needed to make it mature. The document has
  been carefully reviewed by both the WG and various other SIP and
  SigComp experts, and there is WG consensus that the document
  should now be published as an RFC.

Document Quality

  There are several independent implementers of SigComp, and they
  have collectively developed the content of this specification, based
  on running code experience.

Personnel
       
  Document Sheperd for this document is Lars-Erik Jonsson, and Magnus
  Westerlund is the Responsible Area Director.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce