Subject: WG Review: Recharter of Dynamic Host Configuration WG (dhc)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 15:15:01 -0400

A modified charter has been submitted for the Dynamic Host Configuration
(dhc) working group in the Internet Area of the IETF. The IESG has not
made any determination as yet.  The modified charter is provided below 
for informational purposes only.  Please send your comments to the IESG 
mailing list ([email-masked]) by October 16.

Dynamic Host Configuration (dhc)
================================

Current Status: Active Working Group

Chair(s):
Ralph Droms <[email-masked]> 
Stig Venaas <[email-masked]> 

Internet Area Director(s):
Jari Arkko <[email-masked]> 
Mark Townsley <[email-masked]> 

Internet Area Advisor:
Jari Arkko <[email-masked]> 

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: hties in the ONC RPC and XDR protocols currently specified
by RFCs 1831, 1833 and 2203. In conjunction with the advancement
of the NFSv4 specification along the standards track, the WG will
also advance the ONC RPC and XDR dependencies. The WG will also
update the ONC RPC specification for compatibility with IPv6.
Additionally, it will create an IANA registry for RPC program numbers
and seed it with a registry Sun has been maintaining.

Goals and Milestones [replaces all current not "DONE" milestones]:

DONE Request publication of "NFS RDMA Problem Statement"
(draft-ietf-nfsv4-nfs-rdma-problem-statement) as Informational

DONE Request publication of "DMA Transport for ONC RPC"
(draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpcrdma) as Proposed Standard

DONE Request publication of "NFS Direct Data Placement"
(draft-ietf-nfsv4-nfsdirect) as Proposed Standard

Dec 2007 Request publication of "RPC: Remote Procedure Call Protocol
Specification Version 2" (draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc1831bis) as
Proposed Standard

Mar 2008 Request publication of "NFSv4 Minor Version 1"
(draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion1) as Proposed Standard

Mar 2008 Request publication of "Object-based pNFS Operations"
(draft-ietf-nfsv4-pnfs-obj) as Proposed Standard

Mar 2008 Request publication of "pNFS Block/Volume Layout"
(draft-ietf-nfsv4-pnfs-block) as Proposed Standard

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce