Subject: RFC 5026 on Mobile IPv6 Bootstrapping in Split Scenario

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:52:27 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5026

        Title:      Mobile IPv6 Bootstrapping in Split 
                    Scenario 
        Author:     G. Giaretta, Ed.,
                    J. Kempf, V. Devarapalli, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 63138
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mip6-bootstrapping-split-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5026.txt

A Mobile IPv6 node requires a Home Agent address, a home address, and
IPsec security associations with its Home Agent before it can start
utilizing Mobile IPv6 service.  RFC 3775 requires that some or all of
these are statically configured.  This document defines how a Mobile
IPv6 node can bootstrap this information from non-topological
information and security credentials pre-configured on the Mobile
Node.  The solution defined in this document solves the split
scenario described in the Mobile IPv6 bootstrapping problem statement
in RFC 4640.  The split scenario refers to the case where the Mobile
Node's mobility service is authorized by a different service provider
than basic network access.  The solution described in this document
is also generically applicable to any bootstrapping case, since other
scenarios are more specific realizations of the split scenario.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Mobility for IPv6
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce