Subject: RFC 5078 on IAB and IESG Selection, Confirmation, and Recall Process: Revision of the Nominating and Recall Committees Timeline

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 18:07:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5078

        Title:      IAB and IESG Selection, Confirmation, 
                    and Recall Process: Revision of the 
                    Nominating and Recall Committees Timeline 
        Author:     S. Dawkins
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 19870
        Updates:    RFC3777
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-dawkins-nomcom-start-earlier-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5078.txt

RFC 3777 defines the Nominations and Recall Committee's (NomCom's)
operation, and includes a sample timeline for major steps in the
NomCom process that meets the minimum normative requirements for the
process.  Recent NomComs have been scheduling based on the sample
timeline, and the chairs of the last three NomComs -- Danny McPherson
(2004-2005), Ralph Droms (2005-2006), and Andrew Lange (2006-2007) --
have all reported that this timeline is very aggressive and suggested
starting earlier.  This document restructures the sample timeline,
but makes no normative process changes.  This memo provides information 
for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce