Subject: Document Action: 'Identity-Based Cryptography Standard (IBCS) #1: Supersingular Curve Implementations of the BF and BB1 Cryptosystems' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:17:07 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Identity-Based Cryptography Standard (IBCS) #1: Supersingular Curve 
   Implementations of the BF and BB1 Cryptosystems '
   <draft-martin-ibcs-07.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-martin-ibcs-07.txt

Technical Summary

This document provides a set of specifications for implementing
identity-based encryption (IBE) systems based on  bilinear pairings.
Two cryptosystems are described: the IBE  system proposed by Boneh
and Franklin, and the IBE  system proposed by Boneh and Boyen. This
document is based on IBCS #1 v2 of Voltage Security's Identity-based
Cryptography Standards (IBCS) documents, but the scope is limited to
the cryptographic algorithms specified in IBCS #1 v2.  Specifically,
encoding guidelines and wrapper methods specified in IBCS #1 v2
are omitted from this document.

Working Group Summary
 
This document is a independent submission, and is not the product
of any working group.
 
Protocol Quality
 
Russ Housley reviewed this specification for the IESG.

Note to RFC Editor
 
The IESG observes that the technology specified in this document is
unique, and believes the IETF review was less rigorous than for most
Informational RFCs.  As a result, the IESG requests that the RFC Editor
place the IESG note below  either in or immediately following the
"Status of this Memo" section of the finished RFC.

IESG Note

This document specifies two mathematical algorithms for identity based
encryption (IBE).  Due to its specialized nature, this document
experienced limited review within the IETF.  Readers of this
RFC should carefully evaluate its value for implementation and
deployment.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce