Subject: Protocol Action: 'MIB for the UDP-Lite protocol' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 15:23:29 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'MIB for the UDP-Lite protocol '
   <draft-ietf-tsvwg-udplite-mib-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Transport Area Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Magnus Westerlund and Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-udplite-mib-03.txt

Technical Summary
 
  This document specifies a Management Information Base (MIB) for the
  Lightweight User Datagram Protocol (UDP-Lite, RFC 3828).  It defines
  a set of new MIB entities to characterise the behaviour and
  performance of transport layer endpoints deploying UDP-Lite.  UDP-
  Lite resembles UDP (RFC 768), but differs from the semantics of UDP
  by the addition of a single (socket) option.  This adds the
  capability for variable-length data checksum coverage, which can
  benefit a class of applications that prefer delivery of (partially)
  corrupted datagram payload data in preference to discarding the
  datagram.
 
Working Group Summary

  There is consensus in the WG to publish this document.
 
Document Quality
 
  The document has so far been reviewed by key WG members. MIB doctor
  review happened during IETF last call and was performed by Dave Thaler.
 
Personnel

  WG Shepherd and responsible AD was Magnus Westerlund

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce