Subject: Protocol Action: 'Augmented BNF for Syntax Specifications: ABNF' to Full Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 15:12:00 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Augmented BNF for Syntax Specifications: ABNF '
   <draft-crocker-rfc4234bis-01.txt> as a Full Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Lisa Dusseault.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crocker-rfc4234bis-01.txt

Technical Summary
 
 This is ABNF.  We use it in our RFCs.  

 The implementation report is here: 
 http://ietf.org/IESG/Implementations/RFC4234_implem.txt
 
Working Group Summary
 
 This was not done in a WG although it was reviewed by several   
 individuals: Bill Fenner, Frank Ellerman, Julian Reschke, Steven
 Legg, Alexey Melnikov.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 Lisa Dusseault reviewed this for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce