Subject: RFC 5046 on Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) Extensions for Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:54:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5046

        Title:      Internet Small Computer System Interface 
                    (iSCSI) Extensions for Remote Direct Memory 
                    Access (RDMA) 
        Author:     M. Ko, M. Chadalapaka,
                    J. Hufferd, U. Elzur,
                    H. Shah, P. Thaler
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      85
        Characters: 202216
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ips-iser-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5046.txt

Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) Extensions for Remote
Direct Memory Access (RDMA) provides the RDMA data transfer capability
to iSCSI by layering iSCSI on top of an RDMA-Capable Protocol, such
as the iWARP protocol suite.  An RDMA-Capable Protocol provides RDMA
Read and Write services, which enable data to be transferred
directly into SCSI I/O Buffers without intermediate data copies.
This document describes the extensions to the iSCSI protocol to
support RDMA services as provided by an RDMA-Capable Protocol, such
as the iWARP protocol suite.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP Storage
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce