Subject: Last Call: draft-ietf-nfsv4-nfs-rdma-problem-statement (NFS RDMA Problem Statement) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:12:11 -0400

The IESG has received a request from the Network File System Version 4 
WG (nfsv4) to consider the following document:

- 'NFS RDMA Problem Statement '
   <draft-ietf-nfsv4-nfs-rdma-problem-statement-07.txt> as an
Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2007-10-30. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

It has come to the attention of the IESG that the current
NFSv4 charter gates approval to develop NFSv4 extensions for
the operation over Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) /
Direct Data Placement (DDP) on established consensus on the
requirements for such work. The IESG will determine this
consensus based on the last call comments received for
draft-ietf-nfsv4-nfs-rdma-problem-statement.

To give all parties sufficient time to evaluate
draft-ietf-nfsv4-nfs-rdma-problem-statement, the IETF last
call for the document is extended by two weeks. The IETF
last call for the two documents that describe protocol
extensions for NFSv4 operation over Remote Direct Memory
Access (RDMA) / Direct Data Placement (DDP), namely,
draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpcrdma and draft-ietf-nfsv4-nfsdirect,
will be repeated.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-nfs-rdma-problem-statement-07.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=11589&rfc_flag=0

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce