Subject: IETF Secretariat Services RFP

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:12:51 -0400

AMS Announcement   

The IAOC is pleased to announce that it has signed a Letter of Intent
with Association Management Solutions LLC (www.amsl.com) to negotiate an
agreement for IETF Secretariat Services. Assuming an agreement on contract
terms and conditions can be reached, the contract would run for two years,
with an option for up to an additional two years. It is anticipated that
contract will be executed in November. Transition planning has already
begun and we expect to provide progress updates as it advances.

The IAOC began this process in March with an RFI stating that we intend
to "fundamentally review the support structure for IETF's standards
development process, including possible new operational models, with a
view towards improving operational efficiency, support and management."
[http://iaoc.ietf.org/announcements/ann5.html]

In June we issued an RFP [http://iaoc.ietf.org/announcements/ann8.html]
inviting bidders to perform one or more of the following Secretariat
services:
1. Meeting Services
2. Clerical Support Services
3. IT Support Services
and said at the time that it was the intent of the IAOC to obtain the best
combination of performance and cost for the benefit of the IETF.

The IAOC received six bids by July 30th in response to the RFP.  The IAOC
thoroughly reviewed the competing proposals including, responses to
questions, conference calls with all the respondents, references,
technology demonstrations, consideration of the strengths and weaknesses
of the respondents in terms of the many tasks laid out in the RFP SOW, and
finally, pricing.  The IAOC was assisted in its review by Leslie Daigle,
and the technology review by Bill Fenner, Lisa Dusseault, Dave Thaler and
Danny McPherson.

The IAOC determined that AMS offers the best partnership and value going
forward for the IETF.  Once the contract is signed, the IAOC and AMS will
review the support structure for IETF standards development, considering
the possibility of new operational models, with a view towards improving
operational efficiency, support and management.  

Over the coming year, the IAOC will be working with the community and AMS
  in the furtherance of improvements in our operating processes. Your
participation in this effort will be appreciated. 

We want to thank NeuStar Secretariat Services led by Jon Lindberg for its
dedication, hard work, and professionalism.  We especially want to thank
Mark Foster, the CTO of NeuStar, for his leadership, perseverance and
commitment to the IETF throughout NeuStar's acquisition of Foretec and
continuing service to the community.  Tomorrow's opportunities are only
possible because of the efforts and commitment of Mark and his team.

Kurtis Lindqvist
Chair, IAOC

Ray Pelletier
IAD

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce