Subject: Document Action: 'A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE)' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 13:47:14 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for the Society of Motion 
   Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) '
   <draft-edwards-urn-smpte-02.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Chris Newman.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-edwards-urn-smpte-02.txt

Technical Summary
 
   This document describes a Uniform Resource Name (URN) namespace for
   the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) for
   naming persistent resources that SMPTE produces or manages.  A
   sub-namespace for Universal Labels is specifically described.

Working Group Summary
 
   This is a request from an individual submitter.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   This specification has been reviewed for the IESG by Chris Newman.
   During last call, one of the normative references (SMPTE 2029) was
   not yet published by SMTPE.  It is now available for purchase.
   This document includes a normative excerpt from SMPTE 2029 that
   addresses IETF stability requirements for URNs that was accepted
   during urn-nid list review. The document has passed idnits 2.04.09
   except for the intended status (which is informational).  Review
   comments were provided by Tobias Gondrom, Leslie Daigle and
   Eric Gray.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce