Subject: Document Action: 'BT's eXtended Network Quality RTP Control Protocol Extended Reports (RTCP XR XNQ)' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 10:51:40 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'BT's eXtended Network Quality RTP Control Protocol Extended Reports 
   (RTCP XR XNQ) '
   <draft-hunt-avt-rtcpxnq-01.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hunt-avt-rtcpxnq-01.txt

Technical Summary

This document describes an RTCP XR report block which reports packet 
transport parameters. The report block was developed by BT for pre- 
standards use in BT's next generation network. This document has 
been produced to describe the report block in sufficient detail to 
register the block type with IANA, rather than with the intention of 
standardizing the report block for use outside BT's network.

Working Group Summary

This is an individual submission documenting a proprietary extension 
to RTCP XR. It has been reviewed by the AVT working group to ensure 
consistency with RFC 3611, and meets the necessary requirements to 
extend that protocol.

Document Quality

The draft documents a proprietary protocol with existing 
implementations.

Personnel

Colin Perkins is the document shepherd

IESG Note

 The IESG has concerns about vendor code points 
 allocation in this small namespace and might 
 not approve similar documents in the future.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce