Subject: Document Action: 'Aggregation of DiffServ Service Classes' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 11:13:20 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Aggregation of DiffServ Service Classes '
   <draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-class-aggr-07.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Transport Area Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Magnus Westerlund and Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-class-aggr-07.txt

Technical Summary
 
  In the core of a high capacity network, service differentiation may
   still be needed to support applications' utilization of the network.
   Applications with similar traffic characteristics and performance
   requirements are mapped into diffserv service classes based on end-
   to-end behavior requirements of the applications as indicated by
   Diffserv Service Classes [5].  However, some network segments may be
   configured in such a way that a single forwarding treatment may
   satisfy the traffic characteristics and performance requirements of
   two or more service classes.  In these cases, it may be desirable to
   aggregate two or more Diffserv Service Classes [5] into a single
   forwarding treatment.  This document provides guidelines for the
   aggregation of Diffserv Service Classes [5] into forwarding
   treatments.
 
Working Group Summary
 
There are consensus in the WG to publish this document.
 
Protocol Quality
 
There has been review from interested parties, including some with
relation to ISPs. 

Personnel

Responsible document shepherd and AD was Magnus Westerlund.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce