Subject: RFC 5024 on ODETTE File Transfer Protocol 2.0

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 17:44:45 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5024

        Title:      ODETTE File Transfer Protocol 2.0 
        Author:     I. Friend
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       November 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      135
        Characters: 276953
        Obsoletes:  RFC2204
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-friend-oftp2-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5024.txt

This memo updates the ODETTE File Transfer Protocol, an established
file transfer protocol facilitating electronic data interchange
of business data between trading partners, to version 2.

The protocol now supports secure and authenticated communication
over the Internet using Transport Layer Security, provides file
encryption, signing, and compression using Cryptographic Message
Syntax, and provides signed receipts for the acknowledgement of
received files.

The protocol supports both direct peer-to-peer communication and
indirect communication via a Value Added Network and may be used
with TCP/IP, X.25, and ISDN-based networks.  This memo provides 
information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce