Subject: RFC 5081 on Using OpenPGP Keys for Transport Layer Security (TLS) Authentication

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 18:29:58 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5081

        Title:      Using OpenPGP Keys for Transport 
                    Layer Security (TLS) Authentication 
        Author:     N. Mavrogiannopoulos
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       November 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 15300
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tls-openpgp-keys-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5081.txt

This memo proposes extensions to the Transport Layer Security (TLS)
protocol to support the OpenPGP key format.  The extensions discussed
here include a certificate type negotiation mechanism, and the
required modifications to the TLS Handshake Protocol.  This memo defines 
an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Transport Layer Security
Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet 
community. It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Discussion
and suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo 
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

C-EDITOR.ORG
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce