Subject: Protocol Action: 'IANA Allocations for MANET Protocols' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 10:58:53 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IANA Allocations for MANET Protocols '
   <draft-ietf-manet-iana-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and David Ward.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-iana-07.txt

Technical Summary
 
  This document requests IANA allocate a UDP port and link-local 
  multicast addresses (IPv4 & IPv6) for communication between MANET 
  routers.
 
Working Group Summary
 
  Strong WG agreement is reported (see PROTO writeup).  Several other
  WG documents contain normative references to this draft.
 
Protocol Quality
 
  Ross Callon has reviewed this for the IESG (Bill Fenner has also   
  reviewed the draft). Because this draft only requests IANA 
  assignments, this draft per se doesn't get implemented (although the
  associated code points, when assigned, will be used by other drafts).

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce