Subject: Protocol Action: 'URI Fragment Identifiers for the text/plain Media Type' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 12:52:32 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'URI Fragment Identifiers for the text/plain Media Type '
   <draft-wilde-text-fragment-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Chris Newman.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wilde-text-fragment-09.txt

Technical Summary
 
   This memo defines URI fragment identifiers for text/plain MIME
   entities.  These fragment identifiers make it possible to refer to
   parts of a text/plain MIME entity, either identified by character
   position or range, or by line position or range.  Fragment
   identifiers may also contain hash information to make them more
   robust.
 
Working Group Summary
 
 This was the product of an individual submitter.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 This was reviewed for the IESG by Chris Newman.  Substantive review
 comments were provided by many contributors.  Secdir review was
 provided by Jeffrey Hutzelman.  This has been discussed for some time
 in the URI community.  During IETF last call, there were some strong
 feelings that the regular expression feature was too complex so the
 feature was removed from the specification (and this removal was
 verified on the IETF mailing list).

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce