Subject: Document Action: 'Experiment in Exploratory Group Formation within the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)' to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 11:55:01 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Experiment in Exploratory Group Formation within the Internet 
   Engineering Task Force (IETF) '
   <draft-aboba-sg-experiment-04.txt> as an Experimental RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aboba-sg-experiment-04.txt

Technical Summary
 
  This document describes an RFC 3933 experiment in the Working Group
  formation process, known as the Study Group.  Study Groups may be
  created as the first step toward Working Group formation, or as an
  intermediate step between a Birds of a Feather (BOF) session and
  Working Group creation.  Study Groups are focused on completion of
  prerequisites for Working Group formation, and as a result they have
  a short life-time, with limited opportunities for milestone
  extension.
 
Working Group Summary
 
  No working group. This proposal comes from discussion
  of IETF processing delays and BOF formation problem
  on the IETF discussion list.
 
Protocol Quality
 
  This document has been reviewed by Jari Arkko for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce