Subject: Protocol Action: 'A Telephony Gateway REgistration Protocol (TGREP)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 12:22:58 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'A Telephony Gateway REgistration Protocol (TGREP) '
   <draft-ietf-iptel-tgrep-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Telephony Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Jon Peterson.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iptel-tgrep-09.txt

Technical Summary

Telephony Gateway Registration Protocol (TGREP) is a companion
protocol to Telephony Routing over IP (TRIP, RFC 3219). TRIP itself is
a variation on BGP used to distribute routes to telephony gateways
between administrative domains. TGREP is an intra-domain protocol that
allows a gateway to feed its routes to a TRIP entity, which can then
distribute them inter-domain via TRIP. TGREP is identical to TRIP
itself in terms of state machinery and protocol messages. However, it
adds additional processing steps not needed in TRIP, and adds
attributes that are unique to intra-domain route propagation (such as
available capacity). 

Working Group Summary

The draft is a charter item of the IP Telephony (iptel) working group,
and is targeted for Proposed Standard. Work began in March of
2000. The document was adopted as a working group item in December
2002. Work progressed steadily over the next few years. A first WGLC
was issued in March of 2004 and again in Feburary of 2006. 

Protocol Quality

The specification has been reviewed by many participants over the
years, most recently by the chair, who did a detailed review of the
document. 

RFC Ed. Note
Please add a normative reference to RFC 4306  

Please add a normative reference to RFC 4385

Remove the  informative reference to RFC 4305 

In section 8 where it says
    Implementations SHOULD use IKEv2 [7] to permit more robust keying
    options.
change the the [7] to instead point at RFC 4306.

In section 8 where it says
   Implementations of the protocol defined in this document employing
   the ESP header SHALL comply with section 3.1.1 of [13], which defines
   a minimum set of algorithms for integrity checking and encryption.
   Similarly, implementations employing the AH header SHALL comply with
   section 3.2 of [13], which defines a minimum set of algorithms for
   integrity checking.
change the two references to [13] to point at RFC 4285. 

In section 9.1 the value in type code for Carrier should be 20 not 19 and
the reference is wrong
OLD
     | 19     TrunkGroup                          [RFCXXXX]
     | 19     Carrier                             [5]
NEW
     | 19     Carrier                             [RFCXXXX]
     | 20     TrunkGroup                          [RFCXXXX]

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce