Subject: Protocol Action: 'Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs) and Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs) for the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 15:47:28 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs) and Uniform Resource 
   Identifiers (URIs) for the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol 
   (XMPP) '
   <draft-saintandre-rfc4622bis-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Lisa Dusseault.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-rfc4622bis-01.txt

Technical Summary
 
 This update to RFC4622 is just about compliance with RFC3986 (URI 
 Syntax) and fixing the ABNF.  It shouldn't require any implementation
changes.
 
Working Group Summary
 
 Although there's no XMPP WG active this was announced on the lists
 and reviewed by a few people (Graham Klyne, Vijay Gurbani, Derek
 Atkins)
 
Protocol Quality
 
 Lisa Dusseault reviewed this spec for the IESG.  There are many 
 implementations.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce