Subject: RFC Errata

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 15:43:14 -0800

Greetings,

The RFC Editor has transitioned to a new errata system, which has
been updated to include all reports from the pending file 
(ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/pending-errata/pending-errata.msgs).

This new system allows users to report errata online.

   http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata.php

For more information, please see:

   How to Report Errata
   http://www.rfc-editor.org/how_to_report.html

Reporting errata online triggers the following:

1) The errata are marked "Reported" (i.e., the errata have not yet
been verified), and are publicly posted for review and verification.    

2) Email is sent to the authors of the RFC and the verifying party,   
as determined by the stream that produced the RFC:

Stream          -->    SSP (stream specific party)       
-----------------------------------------------------------
IAB             -->    IAB
IETF            -->    IESG
IRTF            -->    IRSG
Independent     -->    RFC Editor & the RFC Editorial Board
Submission

3) SSPs can edit, verify, or reject posted errata using the errata
verification system that is now available.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Feedback is encouraged, as your feedback is important to shaping the
system.  Please send comments to the RFC-Interest list:

   [email-masked]

Thank you.

The RFC Editor Team

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce