Subject: RFC 4880 on OpenPGP Message Format

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 18:29:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4880

        Title:      OpenPGP Message Format 
        Author:     J. Callas, L. Donnerhacke,
                    H. Finney, D. Shaw,
                    R. Thayer
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       November 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      90
        Characters: 203706
        Obsoletes:  RFC1991, RFC2440
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-openpgp-rfc2440bis-22.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4880.txt

This document is maintained in order to publish all necessary
information needed to develop interoperable applications based on
the OpenPGP format.  It is not a step-by-step cookbook for writing an
application.  It describes only the format and methods needed to
read, check, generate, and write conforming packets crossing any
network.  It does not deal with storage and implementation questions.
It does, however, discuss implementation issues necessary to avoid
security flaws.

OpenPGP software uses a combination of strong public-key and
symmetric cryptography to provide security services for electronic
communications and data storage.  These services include
confidentiality, key management, authentication, and digital
signatures.  This document specifies the message formats used in
OpenPGP.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the An Open Specification for Pretty Good 
Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] [email-masked] Fri Nov 02 21:33:07 2007
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri,  2 Nov 2007 18:29:56 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 4880 on OpenPGP Message Format

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4880

        Title:      OpenPGP Message Format 
        Author:     J. Callas, L. Donnerhacke,
                    H. Finney, D. Shaw,
                    R. Thayer
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       November 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      90
        Characters: 203706
        Obsoletes:  RFC1991, RFC2440
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-openpgp-rfc2440bis-22.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4880.txt

This document is maintained in order to publish all necessary
information needed to develop interoperable applications based on
the OpenPGP format.  It is not a step-by-step cookbook for writing an
application.  It describes only the format and methods needed to
read, check, generate, and write conforming packets crossing any
network.  It does not deal with storage and implementation questions.
It does, however, discuss implementation issues necessary to avoid
security flaws.

OpenPGP software uses a combination of strong public-key and
symmetric cryptography to provide security services for electronic
communications and data storage.  These services include
confidentiality, key management, authentication, and digital
signatures.  This document specifies the message formats used in
OpenPGP.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the An Open Specification for Pretty Good 
Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce