Subject: Document Action: 'State of Peer-to-Peer(P2P) Communication Across Network Address Translators(NATs)' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 12:16:36 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'State of Peer-to-Peer(P2P) Communication Across Network Address 
   Translators(NATs) '
   <draft-ietf-behave-p2p-state-06.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance 
Avoidance Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Magnus Westerlund and Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-p2p-state-06.txt

Technical Summary

This memo documents the various methods known to be in use by
applications to establish direct UDP or TCP communication in the
presence of Network Address Translators (NATs).

Working Group Summary

Agreeing on RFC3489 terminology (which is well known) versus
RFC4787 terminology (which is more accurate but longer) involved some
controversy. Consensus was to use RFC4787 terminology.

Document Quality

This document have had descent review in the WG. The techniques in this
document are implemented in various software that traverses NATs. 

Personnel

Document shepherd: Dan Wing, [email-masked]
Responsible AD: Magnus Westerlund, [email-masked]

Note to RFC Editor
 
Please update the reference to RFC 3041 to RFC 4941.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce