Subject: Protocol Action: 'Codec Control Messages in the RTP Audio-Visual Profile with Feedback (AVPF)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 15:41:24 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Codec Control Messages in the RTP Audio-Visual Profile with Feedback 
   (AVPF) '
   <draft-ietf-avt-avpf-ccm-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Jon Peterson.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-avpf-ccm-10.txt

Technical Summary

This document specifies a few extensions to the messages defined in the
Audio-Visual Profile with Feedback (AVPF). They are helpful primarily in
conversational multimedia scenarios where centralized multipoint
functionalities are in use. However, some are also usable in smaller
multicast environments and point-to-point calls.

The extensions discussed are messages related to the ITU-T H.271 Video
Back Channel, Full Intra Request, Temporary Maximum Media Stream Bit Rate
and Temporal Spatial Trade-off.

Working Group Summary

The document has been reviewed by the AVT working group to ensure
consistency the AVPF profile and there was consensus on using RTCP
feedback for scenarios described in the draft.

Document Quality

There are no current implementations but many vendors expressed their
desire to implement these mechanisms.

Personnel

Roni Even is the document shepherd.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce