Subject: Protocol Action: 'TEI Query Request Number Change' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:10:53 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'TEI Query Request Number Change '
   <draft-ietf-sigtran-rfc4233update-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Signaling Transport Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sigtran-rfc4233update-02.txt

Technical Summary
 
This document updates RFC 4233 to remove a number assignment
conflict with RFC 4129 in the message type assigned to TEI
Query Request messages.
 
Working Group Summary
 
This document is a product of the Sigtran Working Group.  It has had
appropriate review and reflects the consensus of that group.
 
Protocol Quality
 
This document was reviewed for the IESG by Jon Peterson. Lyndon Ong is the
document shepherd. Gen-ART review was provided by Christian Vogt.

Note to RFC Editor

Section 4 IANA Considerations:

OLD:

  IANA should reserve the message type 8 of Management Messages for
  Terminal Endpoint Identifier (TEI) Query Request messages.

NEW:

  In the "Message Types" section of the "Signaling User Adaptation
  Layer Assignments" registry, IANA should reserve the message type
  8 of Management Messages for Terminal Endpoint Identifier (TEI)
  Query Request messages.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce