Subject: RFC 5056 on On the Use of Channel Bindings to Secure Channels

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 19:10:11 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5056

        Title:      On the Use of Channel 
                    Bindings to Secure Channels 
        Author:     N. Williams
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       November 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 49995
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-williams-on-channel-binding-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5056.txt

The concept of channel binding allows applications to establish that
the two end-points of a secure channel at one network layer are the
same as at a higher layer by binding authentication at the higher
layer to the channel at the lower layer.  This allows applications to
delegate session protection to lower layers, which has various
performance benefits.

This document discusses and formalizes the concept of channel binding
to secure channels.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce