Subject: Re: Informational RFC to be: draft-levis-provider-qos-agreement-04.txt

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 23:07:51 -0500

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'Considerations of 
provider-to-provider agreements for Internet-scale QoS' 
<draft-levis-provider-qos-agreement-04.txt> as an Informational RFC. 

The IESG would also like the RFC-Editor to review the comments in the 
datatracker 
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=15695&rfc_flag=0) 
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit 
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot 
and the comment log. 

The IESG contact person is Magnus Westerlund.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-levis-provider-qos-agreement-04.txt

The process for such documents is described at http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html.

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   This memo analyzes provider-to-provider QoS agreements suitable for a
   global QoS-enabled Internet.  It defines terminology relevant to
   inter-domain QoS models.  It proposes a new concept denoted by Meta-
   QoS-Class (MQC).  This concept could potentially drive and federate
   the way QoS inter-domain relationships are built between providers.
   It opens up new perspectives for a QoS-enabled Internet that retains,
   as much as possible, the openness of the existing best-effort
   Internet.

Working Group Summary

   RFC-editor publication.

Document Quality

  RFC-editor publication. No signs of it having been commented or
reviewed
  anywhere within IETF.   

Personnel

   RFC 3932 review responsible AD is Magnus Westerlund. 

RFC Editor Note

  1. The IESG has not found any conflict between this document and IETF
      work.

IESG Note:

      This RFC is not a candidate for any level of Internet Standard.
      The IETF disclaims any knowledge of the fitness of this RFC for
      any purpose and notes that the decision to publish is not based on
      IETF review apart from IESG review for conflict with IETF work.
      The RFC Editor has chosen to publish this document at its
      discretion.  See RFC 3932 for more information.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce