Subject: Document Action: 'Mobility Services Transport: Problem Statement' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 16:33:55 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Mobility Services Transport: Problem Statement '
   <draft-ietf-mipshop-mis-ps-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Mobility for IP: Performance, 
Signaling and Handoff Optimization Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-mis-ps-05.txt

Technical Summary
 
  The document provides a problem statement for the exchange of
  information to support handover in heterogeneous link environments.
  This mobility support service allows more sophisticated handover
  operations by making available information about network 
  characteristics, neighboring networks and associated characteristics,
  indications that a handover should take place, and suggestions for
  suitable target networks to which to handover. The mobility support
  services work complementarily with IP mobility mechanisms to enhance
  the overall performance and usability perception. 
 
Working Group Summary
 
  This is a product of the MIPSHOP WG.
 
Protocol Quality
 
  The draft has been reviewed by numerous folks, including folks 
  who are proficient in transport and mobility. This document went 
  through a WG last call in the MIPSHOP WG. The document captures 
  the issues to be addressed in the MIPSHOP WG work for implementing
  a transport for the IEEE 802.21 services. As such, the document 
  has also been reviewed by the IEEE 802.21 liaison and many of 
  their members.

  Jari Arkko has reviewed this specification for the IESG. Gorry
  Fairhurst provided a transport review.

Note to RFC Editor

  Remove annex and adding the following sentence in
  Section 1:

    Requirements to support 802.21 by L3 and above transport are 
    described in [1] (work in progress).

  Please change in Section 5.2:
  OLD:
    A common security association negotiation method, independent
    of any specific MSTP user, should be implemented.
  NEW:
    A common security association negotiation method, independent
    of any specific MSTP user, should be implemented between the endpoints

    of the MSTP.

  Please correct the following: On page 8:
  /other standards bodies other than the IETF/
  ^^^^^
  - remove "other"

  On page 11
  /arrive at a rate of hundreds of milliseconds/
  - It should be "at an interval of hundreds of milliseconds".

  On page 11
  / to around 65000 bytes/
              ^^^^^^
  - Should be: to be normally less than 64KB, but may be greater than 64
KB

  On page 15
  /TR2.The transport protocol shall be capable to support both IPv4
      and IPv6 versions/
  /TR2.The transport protocol shall be able to operate over both the IPv4
      and IPv6 network layer/

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce