Subject: RFC 5089 on IS-IS Protocol Extensions for Path Computation Element (PCE) Discovery

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 17:15:06 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5089

        Title:      IS-IS Protocol Extensions for Path 
                    Computation Element (PCE) Discovery 
        Author:     JL. Le Roux, Ed.,
                    JP. Vasseur, Ed.,
                    Y. Ikejiri, R. Zhang
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 34257
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-disco-proto-isis-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5089.txt

There are various circumstances where it is highly desirable for a
Path Computation Client (PCC) to be able to dynamically and
automatically discover a set of Path Computation Elements (PCEs),
along with information that can be used by the PCC for PCE selection.
When the PCE is a Label Switching Router (LSR) participating in the
Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP), or even a server participating
passively in the IGP, a simple and efficient way to announce PCEs
consists of using IGP flooding.  For that purpose, this document
defines extensions to the Intermediate System to Intermediate System
(IS-IS) routing protocol for the advertisement of PCE Discovery
information within an IS-IS area or within the entire IS-IS routing
domain.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to bimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce