Subject: Protocol Action: 'IANA Allocation Guidelines for the Protocol Field' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 23:17:02 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IANA Allocation Guidelines for the Protocol Field '
   <draft-arkko-rfc2780-proto-update-02.txt> as a BCP

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arkko-rfc2780-proto-update-02.txt

Technical Summary

  This document revises the IANA guidelines for allocating new Protocol
  field values in IPv4, as well as new Next Header field values in IPv6.
  It modifies the rules specified in RFC 2780 by removing the Expert
  Review option.

Working Group Summary

  This document is not the product of an IETF Working Group.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce