Subject: Protocol Action: 'RTP payload format for Enhanced Variable Rate Wideband Codec (EVRC-WB) and media subtype updates for EVRC-B codec' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 16:11:11 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'RTP payload format for Enhanced Variable Rate Wideband Codec 
  (EVRC-WB) and media subtype updates for EVRC-B codec '
   <draft-ietf-avt-rtp-evrc-wb-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group.

The IESG contact persons is Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-evrc-wb-09.txt

Technical Summary

This document specifies real-time transport protocol (RTP) payload
formats to be used for the EVRC wideband codec (EVRC-WB) and updates the
media type registrations for EVRC-B codec (RFC 4788). Several media type
registrations are included for EVRC-WB RTP payload formats. In addition, a
file format is specified for transport of EVRC-WB speech data in storage
mode applications such as e-mail.

Working Group Summary

The document has been reviewed by the AVT working group to ensure 
consistency with RFC 4788 media type registration, and meets the necessary
requirements to for payload type specification.

Document Quality

The draft has existing implementation and is required for 3GPP2. The
request for review of the media type in the ietf-type list was posted on
May 24, 2007.

Personnel

Roni Even is the document shepherd.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce