Subject: RFC 5114 on Additional Diffie-Hellman Groups for Use with IETF Standards

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:35:40 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5114

        Title:      Additional Diffie-Hellman Groups for Use 
                    with IETF Standards 
        Author:     M. Lepinski, S. Kent
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       January 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 49565
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-lepinski-dh-groups-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5114.txt

This document describes eight Diffie-Hellman groups that can be used
in conjunction with IETF protocols to provide security for Internet
communications.  The groups allow implementers to use the same groups
with a variety of security protocols, e.g., SMIME, Secure SHell (SSH),
Transport Layer Security (TLS), and Internet Key Exchange (IKE).

All of these groups comply in form and structure with relevant
standards from ISO, ANSI, NIST, and the IEEE.  These groups are
compatible with all IETF standards that make use of Diffie-Hellman or
Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman cryptography.

These groups and the associated test data are defined by NIST on
their web site [EX80056A], but have not yet (as of this writing) been
published in a formal NIST document.  Publication of these groups and
associated test data, as well as describing how to use Diffie-Hellman
and Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman for key agreement in all of the
protocols cited below, in one RFC, will facilitate development of
interoperable implementations and support the Federal Information
Processing Standard (FIPS) validation of
implementations that make use of these groups.  This memo provides 
information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce