Subject: IAOC Selection Announcement

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 15:01:44 -0500

The IESG is responsible for selecting one IETF Administrative
Oversight Committee (IAOC) member for a two-year term starting
in March 2008.  The selection was made in accordance with
BCP 101 and BCP 113.

A call for nominations was issued on 2007-10-24. Eleven nominations
were received, and four of the people that were nominated were
willing to serve.  All four people that accepted the nomination were
very strong candidates, and these names were announced on 2007-12-04.
I am pleased to say that we heard from more people in this process
than we did two years ago; however, hearing from more of the
community would have been helpful.

After obtaining written input from all nominees, several telephone
interviews were conducted.  After significant discussion, the IESG
decided to appoint Ole J. Jacobsen to this position.

The IESG thanks all four nominees for their willingness to serve the
IETF community.  The three nominees that were not selected are
encouraged to get involved with the subcommittees of the IAOC.
These subcommittees include IAOC members as well as others.

   Russ Housley
   for the IESG

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce