Subject: RFC 5110 on Overview of the Internet Multicast Routing Architecture

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 16:32:23 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5110

        Title:      Overview of the Internet Multicast 
                    Routing Architecture 
        Author:     P. Savola
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       January 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 56217
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mboned-routingarch-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5110.txt

This document describes multicast routing architectures that are
currently deployed on the Internet.  This document briefly describes
those protocols and references their specifications.

This memo also reclassifies several older RFCs to Historic.  These
RFCs describe multicast routing protocols that were never widely
deployed or have fallen into disuse.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the MBONE Deployment
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce