Subject: RFC 5115 on Telephony Routing over IP (TRIP) Attribute for Resource Priority

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:51:03 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5115

        Title:      Telephony Routing over IP (TRIP) 
                    Attribute for Resource Priority 
        Author:     K. Carlberg, P. O'Hanlon
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 17194
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-carlberg-trip-attribute-rp-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5115.txt

This document defines a new attribute for the Telephony Routing over
IP (TRIP) protocol.  The attribute associates protocols/services in
the PSTN offering authorized prioritization during call setup that are
reachable through a TRIP gateway.  Current examples of preferential
service in the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) are Government
Emergency Telecommunications Service (GETS) in the U.S. and Government
Telephone Preference Scheme (GTPS) in the U.K.  The proposed attribute
for TRIP is based on the NameSpace.Value tuple defined for the SIP
Resource-Priority field.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce