Subject: RFC 5232 on Sieve Email Filtering: Imap4flags Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:52:02 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5232

        Title:      Sieve Email Filtering: Imap4flags Extension 
        Author:     A. Melnikov
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 21964
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sieve-imapflags-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5232.txt

Recent discussions have shown that it is desirable to set different
IMAP (RFC 3501) flags on message delivery.  This can be done, for
example, by a Sieve interpreter that works as a part of a Mail
Delivery Agent.

This document describes an extension to the Sieve mail filtering
language for setting IMAP flags.  The extension allows setting of both
IMAP system flags and IMAP keywords.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Sieve Mail Filtering Language
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce