Subject: RFC 5097 on MIB for the UDP-Lite protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:35:21 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5097

        Title:      MIB for the UDP-Lite protocol 
        Author:     G. Renker, G. Fairhurst
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 48944
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-udplite-mib-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5097.txt

This document specifies a Management Information Base (MIB) module
for the Lightweight User Datagram Protocol (UDP-Lite).  It defines 
a set of new MIB objects to characterise the behaviour and performance 
of transport layer endpoints deploying UDP-Lite.  UDP-Lite resembles
UDP, but differs from the semantics of UDP by the addition of a
single option.  This adds the capability for variable-length data
checksum coverage, which can benefit a class of applications that
prefer delivery of (partially) corrupted datagram payload data in
preference to discarding the datagram.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce