Subject: Protocol Action: 'Middlebox Communications (MIDCOM) Protocol Semantics' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 17:50:32 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Middlebox Communications (MIDCOM) Protocol Semantics '
   <draft-ietf-midcom-rfc3989-bis-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Middlebox Communication Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Magnus Westerlund and Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-midcom-rfc3989-bis-02.txt

Technical Summary
 
   This memo specifies semantics for a Middlebox Communication (MIDCOM)
   protocol to be used by MIDCOM agents for interacting with middleboxes
   such as firewalls and Network Address Translators (NATs).  The
   semantics discussion does not include any specification of a concrete
   syntax or a transport protocol. However the implementation of the 
   sematics in draft-ietf-midcom-mib does require the sematics 
   description as normative reference. Therefore the semantics 
   declaration is reclassified from informational to proposed standard.

Working Group Summary
 
   There is consensus in the WG to reclassify this document to proposed 
   standard to provide the necessary normative language for 
   draft-ietf-midcom-mib. 
 
Protocol Quality
 
   Magnus Westerlund reveiwed the document for IESG. The memo was 
   published as RFC 3989 with informational status and has then been 
   somewhat modified to make it more suitable as proposed standard.

Note to RFC Editor

OLD:
   Tom Taylor
   Nortel
   1852 Lorraine Ave.
   Ottawa, Ontario
   Canada  K1H 6Z8

   Phone: +1 613 763 1496
   EMail: [email-masked]

NEW:
   Tom Taylor
   Nortel
   1852 Lorraine Ave.
   Ottawa, Ontario
   Canada  K1H 6Z8

   Phone: +1 613 763 1496
   EMail: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce