Subject: Protocol Action: 'Revised Civic Location Format for PIDF-LO' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 16:22:43 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Revised Civic Location Format for PIDF-LO '
   <draft-ietf-geopriv-revised-civic-lo-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-revised-civic-lo-07.txt

Technical Summary

This document defines an XML format for the representation of civic
location. This format is designed for use with PIDF Location Object
(PIDF-LO) documents. The format is based on the civic address
definition in PIDF-LO, but adds several new elements based on the
civic types defined for DHCP, and adds a hierarchy to address complex
road identity schemes. The format also includes support for the
xml:lang language tag and restricts the types of elements where
appropriate.

Working Group Summary

This document was reviewed by the GEOPRIV working group, where it
has reached consensus for publication as an IETF RFC.

Document Quality

    The XML Schema contained within this document has been checked
    against Xerces-J 2.6.2.

    In addition to updating RFC 4119, this document is also a normative
    reference in draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-05.txt.

    There are three known implementations of this specification.

Personnel

    The Document Shepherd is Robert Sparks.
    The Responsible Area Director is Cullen Jennings.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce