Subject: Document Action: 'Service Selection for Mobile IPv6' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 16:35:40 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Service Selection for Mobile IPv6 '
   <draft-korhonen-mip6-service-06.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-korhonen-mip6-service-06.txt

Technical Summary

  This document describes a Service Selection Mobility Option for both
  conventional Mobile IPv6 and Proxy Mobile IPv6 that is intended to
  assist home agents to make a specific service selection for the
  mobility service subscription during the binding update procedure.
  introduction. The service selection may affect home agent routing
  decisions, Qos and policy treatment of service related IP flows in the
  home agent and also Home Address or Home Network Prefix assignment
  policies.

Working Group Summary

  This document is an individual submission. The document was
  presented in MIP6 WG meetings and interest raised especially 
  from Proxy Mobile IPv6 deployment scenarios. The document was 
  proposed to be a WG work item. However, the decision of adoption
  as a WG work item got postponed due time schedule challenges
  with the current MIP6 WG charter.
 
Document Quality

  There are  no publicly known implementations yet. There is certain
  level of interest from 3GPP SAE work to adopt the document as a
  part of their architecture.

  Jari Arkko has reviewed this specification for the IESG. Based
  on the AD review, a revised document was submitted.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce