Subject: RFC 5116 on An Interface and Algorithms for Authenticated Encryption

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:23:48 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5116

        Title:      An Interface and Algorithms for 
                    Authenticated Encryption 
        Author:     D. McGrew
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 50539
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-mcgrew-auth-enc-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5116.txt

This document defines algorithms for Authenticated Encryption with
Associated Data (AEAD), and defines a uniform interface and a
registry for such algorithms.  The interface and registry can be used
as an application-independent set of cryptoalgorithm suites.  This
approach provides advantages in efficiency and security, and promotes
the reuse of crypto implementations.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce