Subject: RFC 5077 on Transport Layer Security (TLS) Session Resumption without Server-Side State

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:35:12 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5077

        Title:      Transport Layer Security (TLS) Session 
                    Resumption without Server-Side State 
        Author:     J. Salowey, H. Zhou,
                    P. Eronen, H. Tschofenig
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 41989
        Obsoletes:  RFC4507
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-salowey-tls-rfc4507bis-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5077.txt

This document describes a mechanism that enables the Transport Layer
Security (TLS) server to resume sessions and avoid keeping per-client
session state.  The TLS server encapsulates the session state into a
ticket and forwards it to the client.  The client can subsequently
resume a session using the obtained ticket.  This document obsoletes
RFC 4507.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce