Subject: Final Transition Reminder

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:36:49 -0500

This is the final reminder that all IETF IT services will be down
starting at 2000 UTC today, 31 January 2008.  We do not expect the
downtime to last more than 4 hours.

Neustar Secretariat Services and Association Management Solutions 
will be coordinating the hand-offduring the cut-over to make sure that 
everything is moved in the final RSYNC.  When services are restored 
the IETF will have cut-over from NSS to AMS.

We will send a notice when services are restored and provide a
status update.  We do appreciate your patience and support during
this time and during the first few weeks after the cut-over.

Bear in mind that the AMS setup is not the same as the NSS setup.
Some changes were necessary as part of the transition.  It is
possible there will be some issues that need attention as the
community begins to use the services in their new production
environment.

After the cut-over we would appreciate if IETF participants examine
web pages or services of importance to them and report any
discrepancies or problems immediately to [email-masked].  AMS
will address all concerns as quickly as they can.

Thank you for your patience and support.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 13:46:23 -0800
From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Subject: Nomcom 2007-8: IAOC Selection Announcement
Sender: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

Folks,

The nomcom has finished the IAOC member selection process.  The IESG has 
confirmed the nomcom's selection of Ed Juskevicius for a two-year term 
as an IAOC member.

The nomcom reviewed the IAOC's requirements, candidates' questionnaire 
responses and community feedback on the candidates, and after careful 
deliberations, selected Ed for the position.  We thank all the 
candidates who agreed to be considered for the position.  We understand 
that the nomcom process takes a long time and we appreciate everyone's 
patience from the nominations to selections phase.

About Ed:

Ed Juskevicius has been an IAOC member for the past three years.  Ed's 
first IETF meeting was IETF-23 (San Diego, 1992), and he has been at 19 
more meetings since then.  Ed was local host for the IETF-64 held in 
Vancouver.  Outside of IETF and IAOC, Ed has been volunteering some of 
his time to the ISOC Advisory Council since 2002.

Many thanks to Ed for agreeing to take on this position for another 
2-year term.

best regards,
Lakshminath
Nomcom 2007-8 Chair
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce