Subject: RFC 5113 on Network Discovery and Selection Problem

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:36:04 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5113

        Title:      Network Discovery and Selection Problem 
        Author:     J. Arkko, B. Aboba,
                    J. Korhonen, Ed.,
                    F. Bari
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       January 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      39
        Characters: 93250
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-eap-netsel-problem-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5113.txt

When multiple access networks are available, users may have
difficulty in selecting which network to connect to and how to
authenticate with that network.  This document defines the network
discovery and selection problem, dividing it into multiple sub-
problems.  Some constraints on potential solutions are outlined, and
the limitations of several solutions (including existing ones) are
discussed.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Extensible Authentication Protocol
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce