Subject: RFC 5139 on Revised Civic Location Format for Presence Information Data Format Location Object (PIDF-LO)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:13:57 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5139

        Title:      Revised Civic Location Format for 
                    Presence Information Data Format Location Object 
                    (PIDF-LO) 
        Author:     M. Thomson, J. Winterbottom
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 27470
        Updates:    RFC4119

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-geopriv-revised-civic-lo-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5139.txt

This document defines an XML format for the representation of civic
location.  This format is designed for use with Presence Information
Data Format Location Object (PIDF-LO) documents and replaces the
civic location format in RFC 4119.  The format is based on the civic
address definition in PIDF-LO, but adds several new elements based on
the civic types defined for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
(DHCP), and adds a hierarchy to address complex road identity
schemes.  The format also includes support for the xml:lang language
tag and restricts the types of elements where appropriate.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements .Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce