Subject: BCP 37, RFC 5237 on IANA Allocation Guidelines for the Protocol Field

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 16:32:02 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 37        
        RFC 5237

        Title:      IANA Allocation Guidelines for the 
                    Protocol Field 
        Author:     J. Arkko, S. Bradner
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       February 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 9303
        Updates:    RFC2780
        See Also:   BCP0037

        I-D Tag:    draft-arkko-rfc2780-proto-update-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5237.txt

This document revises the IANA guidelines for allocating new Protocol
field values in IPv4 header.  It modifies the rules specified in RFC
2780 by removing the Expert Review option.  The change will also
affect the allocation of Next Header field values in IPv6.  This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements. 

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce