Subject: RFC 5149 on Service Selection for Mobile IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:39:34 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5149

        Title:      Service Selection for Mobile IPv6 
        Author:     J. Korhonen, U. Nilsson,
                    V. Devarapalli
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 18746
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-korhonen-mip6-service-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5149.txt

In some Mobile IPv6 deployments, identifying the mobile node or the
mobility service subscriber is not enough to distinguish between
multiple services possibly provisioned to the said mobile node and
its mobility service subscription.  A capability to specify different
services in addition to the mobile node identity can be leveraged to
provide flexibility for mobility service providers on provisioning
multiple services to one mobility service subscription.  This
document describes a Service Selection Mobility Option for both
conventional Mobile IPv6 and Proxy Mobile IPv6 that is intended to
assist home agents to make a specific service selection for the
mobility service subscription during the binding registration
procedure.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce