Subject: Document Action: 'A Uniform Resource Name (URN) namespace for the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 11:59:55 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'A Uniform Resource Name (URN) namespace for the Open Geospatial 
   Consortium (OGC) '
   <draft-creed-ogc-urn-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Lisa Dusseault.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-creed-ogc-urn-03.txt

Technical Summary
 
 The Open Geospatial Consortium requests the "urn:ogc" namespace for
further delegation for its specifications, service types, data formats,
etc.  This specification documents how they generally intend to ensure the
uniqueness, persistence and community benefit with the namespace
delegations.
 
Working Group Summary
 
 Not a WG document.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 Lisa Dusseault reviewed this document for the IESG.  Joel Halpern and
Stefan Santesson were the genart and secdir reviewers, and we believe both
of them had their issues resolved (Joel confirmed this).

Note to RFC Editor
 
  Please change to " http://www.opengeospatial.org/ogcUrnPolicy" as the
permanent URL for the OGC URN policy.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce