Subject: Protocol Action: 'Routing IPv6 with IS-IS' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:37:59 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Routing IPv6 with IS-IS '
   <draft-ietf-isis-ipv6-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and David Ward.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-ipv6-07.txt

Technical Summary
 
   This draft specifies a method for exchanging IPv6 routing information
   using the IS-IS routing protocol.  The described method utilizes 2
   new TLVs, a reachability TLV and an interface address TLV to
   distribute the necessary IPv6 information throughout a routing
   domain.  Using this method one can route IPv6 along with IPv4 and OSI
   using a single intra-domain routing protocol.
 
Working Group Summary
 
 The document is a product of substantial discussion and review within
 the WG, which had strong consensus for putting this document on STD track.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 The specification has been reviewed for IESG by Alex Zinin and Bill Fenner.
 There are multiple interoperable implementations of this document.

 The implementation report for this specification is available at
 http://www.ietf.org/IESG/Implementations/isis-ipv6-imp.txt

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce