Subject: RFC 5151 on Inter-Domain MPLS and GMPLS Traffic Engineering -- Resource Reservation Protocol-Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 16:36:49 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5151

        Title:      Inter-Domain MPLS and GMPLS Traffic 
                    Engineering -- Resource Reservation Protocol-Traffic
                    Engineering (RSVP-TE) Extensions 
        Author:     A. Farrel, Ed.,
                    A. Ayyangar, JP. Vasseur
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 56663
        Updates:    RFC3209, RFC3473

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-inter-domain-rsvp-te-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5151.txt

This document describes procedures and protocol extensions for the
use of Resource Reservation Protocol-Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE)
signaling in Multiprotocol Label Switching-Traffic Engineering
(MPLS-TE) packet networks and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) packet and
non-packet networks to support the establishment and maintenance of
Label Switched Paths that cross domain boundaries.

For the purpose of this document, a domain is considered to be any
collection of network elements within a common realm of address space
or path computation responsibility.  Examples of such domains include
Autonomous Systems, Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP) routing areas, and
GMPLS overlay networks.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce