Subject: RFC 5143 on Synchronous Optical Network/Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SONET/SDH) Circuit Emulation Service over MPLS (CEM) Encapsulation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:12:41 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5143

        Title:      Synchronous Optical Network/Synchronous Digital 
                    Hierarchy (SONET/SDH) Circuit Emulation Service 
                    over MPLS (CEM) Encapsulation 
        Author:     A. Malis, J. Brayley,
                    J. Shirron, L. Martini,
                    S. Vogelsang
        Status:     Historic
        Date:       February 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 52534
        Obsoleted by: RFC4842

        I-D Tag:    draft-malis-sonet-ces-mpls-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5143.txt

This document describes a historical method for encapsulating
Synchronous Optical Network/Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SONET/SDH)
Path signals for transport across packet-switched networks (PSNs).
The PSNs explicitly supported by this document include MPLS and
IP.  Note that RFC 4842 describes the standards-track protocol for
this functionality, and new implementations must use RFC 4842 rather
than this document except when interoperability with older
implementations is desired.  This memo defines a Historic 
Document for the Internet community.

HISTORIC: This memo defines a Historic Document for the Internet
community. It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce