Subject: RFC 5107 on DHCP Server Identifier Override Suboption

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 15:33:43 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5107

        Title:      DHCP Server Identifier Override Suboption 
        Author:     R. Johnson, J. Jumarasamy,
                    K. Kinnear, M. Stapp
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14837
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-server-override-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5107.txt

This memo defines a new suboption of the DHCP relay information
option that allows the DHCP relay to specify a new value for the
Server Identifier option, which is inserted by the DHCP Server.  This
allows the DHCP relay to act as the actual DHCP server such that
RENEW DHCPREQUESTs will come to the relay instead of going to the
server directly.  This gives the relay the opportunity to include the
Relay Agent option with appropriate suboptions even on DHCP RENEW
messages.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce