Subject: Third Call for Nominations: IETF-Selected ISOC Trustee

From: IAB Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 02:00:51 -0800 (PST)

The IAB has decided to extend the nomination period for ISOC Trustee
candidates from February 24 to March 7. Hence, this is the third call
for candidates. The first call was posted to this list January 14
2008, the second on February 6 2008.

The Internet Society (ISOC) provides organizational and financial
support for the IETF. As part of the arrangements between ISOC and the
IETF, the IETF is called upon to name 3 Trustees to its Board (BoT),
with staggered 3 year terms. This requires that the IETF select one
Trustee each year.

A description of the IAB's process for selecting the Trustee each year
can be found in RFC3677.

* Jan 14           : Open nomination period

* March 7          : Close of the nomination period (extended)

* April 7 or before: IAB selection delivered to IESG for confirmation

* May 18  or before: Delivery of final confirmed selection to the ISOC
                   Elections Committee for announcement with the rest
                   of the new ISOC BoT slate.

Nominations
-----------

Nominations (including self-nominations) should be sent to the IAB --
[email-masked]. Please include e-mail contact details with the nomination.

Nomination Details
-----------------

Nominees should be aware that ISOC Trustees are elected to three
year terms with approximately one third of the Board of Trustees
elected each year. The responsibilities of a Trustee include fiscal
management of the Internet Society, fundraising, and participation
in 3 physical Board meetings plus 3 conference-call meetings per
year.  The desirable characteristics of a candidate that are specific
to the IETF-selected ISOC BoT member are outlined in section 2 of
RFC 3677.

Nominees will be asked to provide to the IAB:

 1. Confirmation of their willingness to be considered within this
    process.

 2. Full name and contact information.

 3. A statement confirming willingness and ability to devote an
    appropriate level of time to activities associated with the
    position of Trustee.

 4. A brief biography outlining experience and background.

 5. A statement of interests, concerns about the Internet Society,
    goals as a Trustee and motivation to serve as a Trustee.

 6. Any further information that is relevant to the work of the IAB
    in considering your nomination.

Care of Personal Information
----------------------------

The following procedures will be used by the IAB in managing this
process:

 - The candidate's name will be published, with all other
   candidate names, at the close of the nominations period

 - Excerpts of the information provided to the IAB by the
   nominated candidate will be passed to the IESG as part of the
   confirmation process. The IESG will be requested to maintain
   confidentiality of the candidate's information

 - Except as noted above, all information provided to the IAB
   during this process will be kept confidential to the IAB.

Current IETF-Selected Trustees
-------------------------------

The current IETF-Selected ISOC Trustees and their term of
appointment are:

-  Fred Baker             2005 - 2008 (*)

-  Patrik Faltstrom       2006 - 2009

-  Ted Hardie             2007 - 2010

 (*) Current term expires in 2008

-- Olaf Kolkman
    IAB Chair.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce