Subject: RFC 5152 on A Per-Domain Path Computation Method for Establishing Inter-Domain Traffic Engineering (TE) Label Switched Paths (LSPs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 16:31:58 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5152

        Title:      A Per-Domain Path Computation Method 
                    for Establishing Inter-Domain Traffic Engineering (TE) 
                    Label Switched Paths (LSPs) 
        Author:     JP. Vasseur, Ed.,
                    A. Ayyangar, Ed.,
                      R. Zhang
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 50563
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-inter-domain-pd-path-comp-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5152.txt

This document specifies a per-domain path computation technique for
establishing inter-domain Traffic Engineering (TE) Multiprotocol
Label Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Label Switched
Paths (LSPs).  In this document, a domain refers to a collection of
network elements within a common sphere of address management or path
computational responsibility such as Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP)
areas and Autonomous Systems.

Per-domain computation applies where the full path of an inter-domain
TE LSP cannot be or is not determined at the ingress node of the TE
LSP, and is not signaled across domain boundaries.  This is most
likely to arise owing to TE visibility limitations.  The signaling
message indicates the destination and nodes up to the next domain
boundary.  It may also indicate further domain boundaries or domain
identifiers.  The path through each domain, possibly including the
choice of exit point from the domain, must be determined within the
domain.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce