Subject: RFC 5119 on A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 18:10:49 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5119

        Title:      A Uniform Resource Name (URN) 
                    Namespace for the Society of Motion 
                    Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) 
        Author:     T. Edwards
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 17024
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-edwards-urn-smpte-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5119.txt

This document describes a Uniform Resource Name (URN) namespace for
the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) for
naming persistent resources that SMPTE produces or manages.  A
subnamespace for Universal Labels is specifically described.  This memo 
provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce