Subject: Dublin Host Announced

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 15:33:15 -0800 (PST)

The IAOC and the Internet Society are very pleased to announce that
Alcatel-Lucent will be be the Host for IETF 72 in Dublin and has agreed to
be the Welcome Reception Sponsor as well.  [www.alcatel-lucent.com]

"Alcatel-Lucent is pleased to host the 72nd meeting of the IETF in
Dublin, Ireland.  We're committed to supporting the important work of the
IETF on new standards as networks, services and applications all converge
on IP." said Kevin Macaluso, VP/GM Service Router Product Group,
Alcatel-Lucent.

Alcatel also had stepped up to host the IETF at IETF 61 in Washington DC
in 2004, while Lucent hosted IETF 50 in Minneapolis in 2001.

We want to thank our benefactors.  The IETF cannot support its technical
standards efforts, including the Secretariat and RFC Editor, without the
generous support of its hosts and sponsors.

While we look forward to seeing you all in July in Dublin, we are just
weeks away from IETF 71 in Philadelphia 9 - 14 March hosted by Comcast. 
Registrations are open and operators are standing by (so to speak). Visit
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/71-IETF.html and join the 450 who have
already registered.

Been thinking about hosting or sponsoring a future meeting?  The meetings
calendar through 2013 [www.ietf.org/meetings/0mtg-sites.txt] shows some of
the possibilities. Specific opportunities available include IETF 74 in
North America in March 2009.  Just send Terry Monroe an email at
[email-masked] and he can walk you through the opportunity. 

Thanks again Alcatel-Lucent!  We couldn't do it without you.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce