Subject: RFC 5138 on A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for the Commission for the Management and Application of Geoscience Information (CGI)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:11:49 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5138

        Title:      A Uniform Resource Name (URN) 
                    Namespace for the Commission for the 
                    Management and Application of Geoscience Information 
                    (CGI) 
        Author:     S. Cox
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 15005
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-sjdcox-cgi-urn-00.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5138.txt

This document describes a URN (Uniform Resource Name) namespace that
is engineered by the Commission for the Management and Application of
Geoscience Information (CGI) for naming (i) persistent resources
published by the CGI and (ii) resources published by organizations
that wish them to be used in the context of services conforming to
protocols and agreements issued by CGI.  The formal Namespace
Identifier (NID) is "cgi".  This memo provides information for the 
Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce