Subject: Protocol Action: 'Extension Formats for Unidirectional Lightweight Encapsulation (ULE) and the Generic Stream Encapsulation (GSE)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 07:57:16 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Extension Formats for Unidirectional Lightweight Encapsulation (ULE) 
   and the Generic Stream Encapsulation (GSE) '
   <draft-ietf-ipdvb-ule-ext-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP over DVB Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Mark Townsley and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-ule-ext-07.txt

 Technical Summary

This document describes a set of Extension Headers for the 
Unidirectional Lightweight Encapsulation (ULE), RFC4326. The 
Unidirectional Lightweight Encapsulation (ULE) mechanism for the 
transport of IPv4 and IPv6 Datagrams
and other network protocol packets directly over the ISO MPEG-2
Transport Stream as TS Private Data. ULE specifies a base
encapsulation format and supports an extension format that allows it
to carry additional header information to assist in network/Receiver
processing.

The Extension Header formats specified in this document define
extensions appropriate to both ULE and the Generic Stream
Encapsulation (GSE) defined to support the second generation framing
structure defined by Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB) family of
specifications.

- Working Group Summary
There has been one WGLC on the document, raising a single issue that has 
been solved completely.

- Protocol Quality 
This document was reviewed by the working group secretary as well as the
WG

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce