Subject: RFC 5127 on Aggregation of DiffServ Service Classes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:11:38 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5127

        Title:      Aggregation of DiffServ Service Classes 
        Author:     K. Chan, J. Babiarz,
                    F. Baker
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 43751
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-class-aggr-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5127.txt

In the core of a high-capacity network, service differentiation may
still be needed to support applications' utilization of the network.
Applications with similar traffic characteristics and performance
requirements are mapped into Diffserv service classes based on end-
to-end behavior requirements of the applications.  However, some
network segments may be configured in such a way that a single
forwarding treatment may satisfy the traffic characteristics and
performance requirements of two or more service classes.  In these
cases, it may be desirable to aggregate two or more Diffserv service
classes into a single forwarding treatment.  This document provides
guidelines for the aggregation of Diffserv service classes into
forwarding treatments.  This memo provides information for the Internet 
community.

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce