Subject: Nomcom 2007-8: IAB Selection Announcement

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:06:48 -0500

Folks,

The nomcom has finished the IAB member selection process.  The ISOC
Board of Trustees has confirmed the nomcom's selection of the
following  individuals for a two-year term as IAB members.

Gonzalo Camarillo
Stuart Cheshire
Olaf Kolkman
Gregory Lebovitz
Andy Malis
David Oran

The nomcom reviewed the IAB's requirements, nominees' questionnaire
responses and community feedback on the nominees, and after careful
deliberations, and some interviews, selected the candidates.  We
thank  all the nominees who agreed to be considered for the
position.  We  understand that the nomcom process takes a long time
and we appreciate  everyone's patience from the nominations to
selections phase.

About Gonzalo:

Gonzalo Camarillo is the head of the Multimedia Research Laboratory
in  Ericsson Finland.  He is the IETF liaison manager to 3GPP and
currently  cochairs the SIPPING and HIP working groups. His
research interests  include signaling, multimedia applications,
transport protocols, and  networking architectures.  He has
authored a number of RFCs, books, and  papers on these areas.
Gonzalo received M.Sc. degrees in electrical  engineering from the
Stockholm (Sweden) Royal Institute of Technology  and from
Universidad Politecnica de Madrid (Spain).  He is originally  from
Spain.

About Stuart:

Stuart Cheshire is currently a Senior Scientist with Apple
Computer,  Cupertino, CA, specializing in Internet Protocols. He
previously worked  on IBM Token Ring with Madge Networks, Little
Chalfont, U.K.  He has  previously published papers in the areas of
wireless and networking, and  Mobile IP.

Stuart is the architect of Apple's "Bonjour" family of
technologies,  including Multicast DNS, DNS-based Service
Discovery, etc., co-chair of  the ZEROCONF working group and author
of several RFCs.

Stuart received the B.A. and M.A. degrees from Sidney Sussex
College,  Cambridge, U.K., in June 1989 and June 1992, and the
M.Sc. and Ph.D.  degrees from Stanford University, Stanford, CA, in
June 1996 and April 1998.

About Olaf:

  Olaf Kolkman was born and raised in the Netherlands. He was
trained as  an astronomer but his interest in Internet technology
took hold of his  career path around 1996. He joined the RIPE NCC
around 1997 where he got  involved in the test-traffic project.
That project brought him in  contact with the IETF and he attended
his first meeting in Munich.

After acting as operations manager for a while he became systems
architect, responsible for DNSSEC deployment at the NCC, in 2000.

 From that time on he has been active in the DNS community for
instance  as co-chair of the DNSEXT working group. In 2005 he
joined NLnet Labs, a  R&D foundation, as chief executive. He is an
IAB member since March 2006.

About Gregory:

Gregory Lebovitz is Sr. Technical Director and Solutions Architect
for  the Security Products Group of Juniper Networks. He leads both
advanced  technology development initiatives as well as Enterprise
Solutions  Engineering. Prior to it's acquisition by Juniper,
Gregory worked in the  office of the CTO at NetScreen Technologies.
He has been with  Juniper/NetScreen for over nine years, almost
since NetScreen's inception.

He has been an active contributor to the IETF for several years,
having  been an RFC author, working group chair (PKI4IPSEC), and
Security Area  Directorate member; contributed to IAB's "Unwanted
Traffic Workshop" in  2006.

Gregory graduated from UC Santa Cruz, with a double major in
Economics  (w/ Honors) and Psychology; he received the Dean's Award
for Outstanding  Research in Economics.

About Andy:

Andy is currently Principal Member of the Technical Staff, Packet
Network Architecture at Verizon Communications.  He has been active
in  wide-area data networking and telecommunications for over 30
years,  beginning with the ARPANET (he wrote IMP code and supported
network  operations; of special mention is his work in managing the
cutover from  NCP to TCP in the network). He has held senior
engineering positions at  Bolt, Beranek, and Newman; Ascom Nexion;
Cascade Communications; Ascend Communications; Lucent Technologies;
Vivace Networks; and Tellabs.  Andy  has been to just about every
IETF meeting since IETF 19 in Boulder, CO,  chaired several working
groups including iplpdn, ipatm, and frnetmib,  and authored
numerous RFCs starting from RFC 802 to RFC 4901.  In  addition he
holds senior leadership positions in various other standards
organizations.

Andy received a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science and
Applied Mathematics from Brown University, and a Master of Science
degree, also in Computer Science and Applied Mathematics, from
Harvard  University.

About David:

David Oran is a Fellow at Cisco Systems. His technical interests
lie in  the areas of Quality of Service, Internet multimedia,
routing, and  security. He was part of the original team that
started Cisco's Voice-  over-IP business in 1996 and worked on a
number of aspects, including  the development SIP, and SRTP. He is
currently working on architectures  for next-generation IP-based
video delivery over broadband access  networks. Prior to joining
Cisco, Dave worked in the network  architecture group at Digital
Equipment, where he designed routing  algorithms and a distributed
directory system. He currently serves as  co-chair of the IETF
SPEECHSC working group in addition to his IAB  duties. He is a
board member of the SIP Forum and also serves on the  technical
advisory boards of a number of venture-backed firms in the
networking and telecommunication sectors. Dave has a B.A. in
English  from Haverford College.

Many thanks to Gonzalo, Stuart, Olaf, Gregory, Andy, and David for
agreeing to serve as IAB members for the next two years.

best regards,
Lakshminath
Nomcom 2007-8 Chair

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce