Subject: Document Action: 'Media Server Control Protocol Requirements' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:52:35 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Media Server Control Protocol Requirements '
   <draft-ietf-mediactrl-requirements-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Media Server Control Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mediactrl-requirements-04.txt

Technical Summary

This document specifies requirements for a media server control protocol
(MCP) that enables an application server to use a media server. It
addresses the aspects of announcements, interactive voice response (IVR),
and conferencing media services.

Working Group Summary

The mediactrl WG supports the advancement of this specification. The
working group combined two fairly mature drafts, and there was very little
controversy about the resulting draft, either on the mailing list or in
MEDIACTRL IETF meetings.

Document Quality

Gen-ART review was provided by Scott Brim.

Personnel

Jon Peterson reviewed this draft for the IESG. The document shepherd is
Spencer Dawkins.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce