Subject: RFC 5145 on Framework for MPLS-TE to GMPLS Migration

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 16:33:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5145

        Title:      Framework for MPLS-TE to GMPLS 
                    Migration 
        Author:     K. Shiomoto, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 44646
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-gmpls-interwork-fmwk-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5145.txt

The migration from Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Traffic
Engineering (TE) to Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) is the process of
evolving an MPLS-TE control plane to a GMPLS control plane.  An
appropriate migration strategy will be selected based on various
factors including the service provider's network deployment plan,
customer demand, and operational policy.

This document presents several migration models and strategies for
migrating from MPLS-TE to GMPLS.  In the course of migration, MPLS-TE
and GMPLS devices, or networks, may coexist that may require
interworking between MPLS-TE and GMPLS protocols.  Aspects of the
required interworking are discussed as it will influence the choice
of a migration strategy.  This framework document provides a migration
toolkit to aid the operator in selection of an appropriate strategy.

This framework document also lists a set of solutions that may aid in
interworking, and highlights a set of potential issues.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce