Subject: WG Action: Conclusion of Middlebox Communication (midcom)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 06:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

The Middlebox Communication working group (midcom) in the Transport Area
has concluded.

The IESG contact persons are Magnus Westerlund and Lars Eggert.

The mailing list will remain active.

The MIDCOM WG has completed its chartered tasks, which primarily
regards control of middlebox such as firewalls and NAT. The WG has
produced documents that:

- Describe the architecture and framework (RFC 3303)

- Evaluate existing IETF protocols for usage for
middlebox control (RFC 4097)

- Specify a middlebox communication protocol
(RFC 5189 and RFC 5190)

This concludes the WG with a big thanks to the WG chair and the authors
and WG participants. The mailing list will be kept open for some
additional time.

Magnus Westerlund
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce