Subject: RFC 5158 on 6to4 Reverse DNS Delegation Specification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 13:57:27 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5158

        Title:      6to4 Reverse DNS Delegation Specification 
        Author:     G. Huston
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 25536
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-huston-6to4-reverse-dns-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5158.txt

This memo describes the service mechanism for entering a delegation
of DNS servers that provide reverse lookup of 6to4 IPv6 addresses
into the 6to4 reverse zone file.  The mechanism is based on a
conventional DNS delegation service interface, allowing the service
client to enter the details of a number of DNS servers for the
delegated domain.  In the context of a 6to4 reverse delegation, the
client is primarily authenticated by its source address used in the
delegation request, and is authorized to use the function if its IPv6
address prefix corresponds to an address from within the requested
6to4 delegation address block.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce