Subject: RFC 5167 on Media Server Control Protocol Requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:41:28 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5167

        Title:      Media Server Control Protocol Requirements 
        Author:     M. Dolly, R. Even
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 17147
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mediactrl-requirements-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5167.txt

This document addresses the communication between an application
server and media server.  The current work in IETF working groups
shows these logical entities, but it does not address the physical
decomposition and the protocol between the entities.

This document presents the requirements for a Media Server Control
Protocol (MCP) that enables an application server to use a media
server.  It will address the aspects of announcements, Interactive
Voice Response, and conferencing media services.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Media Server Control Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce