Subject: RFC 5160 on Considerations of Provider-to-Provider Agreements for Internet-Scale Quality of Service (QoS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:11:39 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5160

        Title:      Considerations of Provider-to-Provider Agreements for 
                    Internet-Scale Quality of Service (QoS) 
        Author:     P. Levis, M. Boucadair
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 44317
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-levis-provider-qos-agreement-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5160.txt

This memo analyzes provider-to-provider Quality of Service (QoS)
agreements suitable for a global QoS-enabled Internet.  It defines
terminology relevant to inter-domain QoS models.  It proposes a new
concept denoted by Meta-QoS-Class (MQC).  This concept could
potentially drive and federate the way QoS inter-domain relationships
are built between providers.  It opens up new perspectives for a QoS-
enabled Internet that retains, as much as possible, the openness of
the existing best-effort Internet.  This memo provides information for 
the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce