Subject: RFC 5162 on IMAP4 Extensions for Quick Mailbox Resynchronization

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 07:09:11 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5162

        Title:      IMAP4 Extensions for Quick Mailbox 
                    Resynchronization 
        Author:     A. Melnikov, D. Cridland,
                    C. Wilson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 51620
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lemonade-reconnect-client-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5162.txt

This document defines an IMAP4 extension, which gives an IMAP client
the ability to quickly resynchronize any previously opened mailbox as
part of the SELECT command, without the need for server-side state or
additional client round-trips.  This extension also introduces a new
response that allows for a more compact representation of a list of
expunged messages (and always includes the Unique Identifiers (UIDs)
expunged).  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Enhancements to Internet email to support diverse service environments Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce