Subject: Document Action: 'XML Schema for Media Control' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:54:54 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'XML Schema for Media Control '
   <draft-levin-mmusic-xml-media-control-13.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-levin-mmusic-xml-media-control-13.txt

Technical Summary

This document defines an XML Schema for video fast update in a
tightly controlled environment, developed by Microsoft, Polycom,
Radvision and used by multiple vendors. This document describes a
method that has been deployed in SIP based systems for over the last
three years and being used across real-time interactive applications
from different vendors in interoperable manner. New implementations
are discouraged from using the described method described except for
backward compatibility purposes. New Implementations are 
required to use the new full intra request command in the RTCP channel.

Working Group Summary

This is an individual submission, but has been reviewed by the 
MMUSIC working group.

Document Quality

This draft documents existing pre-standards practice. A
media type review was conducted in June 2007, and minor changes were
made as a result.

Personnel

Colin Perkins in the document shepherd. Cullen Jennings is the 
responsible area director.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce