Subject: RFC 5175 on IPv6 Router Advertisement Flags Option

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 16:01:17 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5175

        Title:      IPv6 Router Advertisement Flags Option 
        Author:     B. Haberman, Ed.,
                    R. Hinden
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 12463
        Obsoletes:  RFC5075

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5175.txt

The IPv6 Neighbor Discovery's Router Advertisement message contains
an 8-bit field reserved for single-bit flags.  Several protocols have
reserved flags in this field and others are preparing to reserve a
sufficient number of flags to exhaust the field.  This document
defines an option to the Router Advertisement message that expands
the number of flag bits available.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP Version 6 Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce