Subject: Nomcom 2007-8 Chair's Report

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 15:05:04 -0800

Folks,

A report on the nomcom's activities is available at 
https://www.tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/07/nomcom-report.  Please direct 
any comments to [email-masked].  I will make a brief presentation at the 
IESG plenary.

Abstract

    This document reports on the work of Nomcom 2007-8.  The topics of
    discussion include the experiences in starting the nomcom process
    early enough to facilitate the nomcom to do their work at 2 face-to-
    face meetings, the various logistical challenges involved in the
    nomcom process and the differing interpretations of RFC 3777 by
    different people and organizations involved in the process.  This
    document also discusses the challenges in the interaction between the
    nomcom and the confirmation bodies.

regards,
Lakshminath
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 07:44:50 +0100

Lakshminath Dondeti skrev:
> IETF mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf
>
>   
Laksminath,

thank you very much for providing the report - and thank you for trying 
to defend people's expectations of confidentiality!

I do agree with Scott that the process needs clarification - unlike him, 
I think it can be done without reopening 3777 on this point.

I'll have more to say when that discussion opens up.

              Harald