Subject: Document Action: 'NFS RDMA Problem Statement' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 07:45:38 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'NFS RDMA Problem Statement '
   <draft-ietf-nfsv4-nfs-rdma-problem-statement-08.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Network File System Version 4 Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Lars Eggert and Magnus Westerlund.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-nfs-rdma-problem-statement-08.txt

Technical Summary
 
   Motivation for the application of Remote Direct Memory Access
   to the NFS protocols is described. NFS implementations
   historically incur significant overhead due to data copies on
   end-host systems, as well as other processing overhead. The
   potential benefits of RDMA to these implementations are
   explored, and the reasons why RDMA is especially well-suited to
   NFS and network file protocols in general are evaluated.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   There is consensus in the WG to publish this document.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   As the Informative References demonstrate, this work has drawn
   on a variety of work in academia and industry and
   appropriately motivates the appropriate use of RDMA
   technologies for protocols such as NFS.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd: Spencer Shepler ([email-masked])
   Responsible AD: Lars Eggert ([email-masked])

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce