Subject: RFC 5155 on DNS Security (DNSSEC) Hashed Authenticated Denial of Existence

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 13:57:29 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5155

        Title:      DNS Security (DNSSEC) Hashed Authenticated 
                    Denial of Existence 
        Author:     B. Laurie, G. Sisson,
                    R. Arends, D. Blacka
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      52
        Characters: 112338
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsext-nsec3-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5155.txt

The Domain Name System Security (DNSSEC) Extensions introduced the
NSEC resource record (RR) for authenticated denial of existence.
This document introduces an alternative resource record, NSEC3, which
similarly provides authenticated denial of existence.  However, it
also provides measures against zone enumeration and permits gradual
expansion of delegation-centric zones.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce