Subject: RFC 5126 on CMS Advanced Electronic Signatures (CAdES)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 13:57:23 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5126

        Title:      CMS Advanced Electronic Signatures (CAdES) 
        Author:     D. Pinkas, N. Pope, J. Ross
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      141
        Characters: 309173
        Obsoletes:  RFC3126

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-smime-cades-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5126.txt

This document defines the format of an electronic signature that can
remain valid over long periods.  This includes evidence as to its
validity even if the signer or verifying party later attempts to deny
(i.e., repudiates) the validity of the signature.

The format can be considered as an extension to RFC 3852 and
RFC 2634, where, when appropriate, additional signed and
unsigned attributes have been defined.

The contents of this Informational RFC amount to a
transposition of the ETSI Technical Specification (TS) 101 733 V.1.7.4
(CMS Advanced Electronic Signatures -- CAdES) and is technically
equivalent to it.

The technical contents of this specification are maintained by ETSI.
The ETSI TS and further updates are available free of charge at:
http://www.etsi.org/WebSite/Standards/StandardsDownload.aspx 
This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group 
of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce