Subject: RFC 5146 on Interworking Requirements to Support Operation of MPLS-TE over GMPLS Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 16:33:25 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5146

        Title:      Interworking Requirements to Support Operation 
                    of MPLS-TE over GMPLS Networks 
        Author:     K. Kumaki, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 31624
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-gmpls-interwork-reqts-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5146.txt

Operation of a Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) traffic
engineering (TE) network as a client network to a Generalized MPLS
(GMPLS) network has enhanced operational capabilities compared to
those provided by a coexistent protocol model (i.e., operation of
MPLS-TE over an independently managed transport layer).

The GMPLS network may be a packet or a non-packet network, and may
itself be a multi-layer network supporting both packet and non-packet
technologies.  An MPLS-TE Label Switched Path (LSP) originates and
terminates on an MPLS Label Switching Router (LSR).  The GMPLS network
provides transparent transport for the end-to-end MPLS-TE LSP.

This document describes a framework and Service Provider requirements
for operating MPLS-TE networks over GMPLS networks.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce