Subject: Protocol Action: 'Sieve Email Filtering: Body Extension' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 06:37:00 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Sieve Email Filtering: Body Extension '
   <draft-ietf-sieve-body-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Sieve Mail Filtering Language Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Lisa Dusseault and Chris Newman.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-body-09.txt

Technical Summary
 
The SIEVE body extension adds tests for the occurrence of one or more
strings in the body of an email message.

The draft has a detailed description of how interactions with other
SIEVE extensions/actions are handled.

The security considerations section covers several identified security
concerns.

Working Group Summary

This document has been discussed and reviewed in the SIEVE Working Group.
There is strong consensus in the Working Group to publish this document
as a Proposed Standard.

Document Quality

A number of implementations of this extension have already been
developed and in some cases deployed. Most participants are eager to see
this specification published as an RFC.

Lisa Dusseault reviewed this spec for the IESG.

Document Shepherd: Cyrus Daboo <mailto:[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce