Subject: RFC 5168 on XML Schema for Media Control

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:41:30 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5168

        Title:      XML Schema for Media Control 
        Author:     O. Levin, R. Even,
                    P. Hagendorf
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 17845
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-levin-mmusic-xml-media-control-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5168.txt

This document defines an Extensible Markup Language (XML) Schema for
video fast update in a tightly controlled environment, developed by
Microsoft, Polycom, Radvision and used by multiple vendors.  This
document describes a method that has been deployed in Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP) based systems over the last three years
and is being used across real-time interactive applications from
different vendors in an interoperable manner.  New implementations are
discouraged from using the method described except for
backward compatibility purposes.  New implementations are required to
use the new Full Intra Request command in the RTP Control Protocol
(RTCP) channel.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce