Subject: RFC 5128 on State of Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Communication across Network Address Translators (NATs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:10:43 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5128

        Title:      State of Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Communication 
                    across Network Address Translators (NATs) 
        Author:     P. Srisuresh, B. Ford, D. Kegel
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 81008
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-behave-p2p-state-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5128.txt

This memo documents the various methods known to be in use by
applications to establish direct communication in the presence
of Network Address Translators (NATs) at the current time.  Although
this memo is intended to be mainly descriptive, the Security
Considerations section makes some purely advisory recommendations
about how to deal with security vulnerabilities the applications
could inadvertently create when using the methods described.  This
memo covers NAT traversal approaches used by both TCP- and UDP-based
applications.  This memo is not an endorsement of the methods
described, but merely an attempt to capture them in a document.
This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce