Subject: Last Call: draft-ietf-nfsv4-nfsdirect (NFS Direct Data Placement) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 07:47:10 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has received a request from the Network File System Version 4 
WG (nfsv4) to consider the following document:

- 'NFS Direct Data Placement '
   <draft-ietf-nfsv4-nfsdirect-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

It has come to the attention of the IESG that the current
NFSv4 charter gates approval to develop NFSv4 extensions for
the operation over Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) /
Direct Data Placement (DDP) on established consensus on the
requirements for such work. The IESG has determined this
consensus based on the last call comments received for
draft-ietf-nfsv4-nfs-rdma-problem-statement, and has
subsequently approved this document for publication. 

The IETF last call for the two documents that describe protocol
extensions for NFSv4 operation over Remote Direct Memory
Access (RDMA) / Direct Data Placement (DDP), namely,
draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpcrdma and draft-ietf-nfsv4-nfsdirect,
will now be repeated, in order to give all interested parties
sufficient time to evaluate these documents.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2008-03-26. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

This document contains two downward references ("downrefs"). As required
by RFC 3967, the last call message for this document needs to bring these
to the attention of the community. The downrefs are to specifications of
earlier versions of the NFS protocol, which were published as
Informational, because they had been developed outside the IETF:

  [RFC1094]
     "NFS: Network File System Protocol Specification",
     (NFS version 2) Informational RFC, 1989.

  [RFC1813]
     B. Callaghan, B. Pawlowski, P. Staubach, "NFS Version 3 Protocol
     Specification", Informational RFC, 1995.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-nfsdirect-07.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=11949&rfc_flag=0

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce