Subject: RFC 5161 on The IMAP ENABLE Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 07:08:42 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5161

        Title:      The IMAP ENABLE Extension 
        Author:     A. Gulbrandsen, Ed.,
                    A. Melnikov, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 12220
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-gulbrandsen-imap-enable-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5161.txt

Most IMAP extensions are used by the client when it wants to and the
server supports it.  However, a few extensions require the server to
know whether a client supports that extension.  The ENABLE extension
allows an IMAP client to say which extensions it supports.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce