Subject: Document Action: 'PKCS #8: Private-Key Information Syntax Standard Version 1.2' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 12:39:11 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'PKCS #8: Private-Key Information Syntax Standard Version 1.2 '
   <draft-kaliski-pkcs8-00.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kaliski-pkcs8-00.txt

Technical Summary

  This document represents a republication of PKCS #8 v1.2 from RSA
  Laboratories' Public Key Cryptography Standard (PKCS) series.

Working Group Summary

  This document is not the product of an IETF Working Group.

  The main reason for publication is this sentence: "Change control is
  transferred to the IETF."

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

IESG Note

  The IESG thanks RSA Laboratories for transferring change control
  to the IETF.  Enhancements to this specification that preserve
  backward compatibility are expected in an upcoming IETF standards
  track document.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce