Subject: RFC 5242 on A Generalized Unified Character Code: Western European and CJK Sections

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 09:58:08 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5242

        Title:      A Generalized Unified Character Code: 
                    Western European and CJK Sections 
        Author:     J. Klensin, H. Alvestrand
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       1 April 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 31314
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5242.txt

Many issues have been identified with the use of general-purpose
character sets for internationalized domain names and similar
purposes.  This memo describes a fully unified coded character set
for scripts based on Latin, Greek, Cyrillic, and Chinese (CJK)
characters.  It is not a complete specification of that character
set.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce