Subject: Re: Experimental RFC to be: draft-blanchet-v6ops-tunnelbroker-tsp-03.txt

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 07:55:47 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG recommends that 'IPv6 Tunnel Broker with the Tunnel Setup 
Protocol (TSP)' <draft-blanchet-v6ops-tunnelbroker-tsp-03.txt> NOT be 
published as an an Experimental RFC. 

The IESG contact person is Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-blanchet-v6ops-tunnelbroker-tsp-03.txt

The process for such documents is described at http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html.

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary
 
 A tunnel broker with the Tunnel Setup Protocol (TSP) enables the
 establishment of tunnels of various inner protocols, such as IPv6 or
 IPv4, inside various outer protocols packets, such as IPv4, IPv6 or
 UDP over IPv4 for IPv4 NAT traversal.  The control protocol (TSP) is
 used by the tunnel client to negotiate the tunnel with the broker.  A
 mobile node implementing TSP can be connected to both IPv4 and IPv6
 networks whether it is on IPv4 only, IPv4 behind a NAT or on IPv6
 only.  A tunnel broker may terminate the tunnels on remote tunnel
 servers or on itself.  This document describes the TSP protocol
 within the model of the tunnel broker model.
 
Working Group Summary
 
 This is an independent submission via RFC Editor.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 David Kessens reviewed this document for the IESG using the
 guidelines of RFC 3932.

IESG Note 

  3. The IESG thinks that publication is harmful to the IETF work done
     in the softwire WG and recommends not publishing the document at this

     time.

Once draft-ietf-softwire-hs-framework-l2tpv2 is published as an RFC,
publication of this document will no longer be considered harmful. When
publishing, please include the following IESG Note:

   1. For documents that specify a protocol or other technology, and
      that have been considered in the IETF at one time:

      The content of this RFC was at one time considered by the IETF,
      and therefore it may resemble a current IETF work in progress or a
      published IETF work.  This RFC is not a candidate for any level of
      Internet Standard.  The IETF disclaims any knowledge of the
      fitness of this RFC for any purpose and in particular notes that
      the decision to publish is not based on IETF review for such
      things as security, congestion control, or inappropriate
      interaction with deployed protocols.  The RFC Editor has chosen to
      publish this document at its discretion.  Readers of this RFC
      should exercise caution in evaluating its value for implementation
      and deployment.  See RFC 3932 for more information.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce