Subject: RFC 5147 on URI Fragment Identifiers for the text/plain Media Type

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 14:46:19 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5147

        Title:      URI Fragment Identifiers for the 
                    text/plain Media Type 
        Author:     E. Wilde, M. Duerst
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 37422
        Updates:    RFC2046

        I-D Tag:    draft-wilde-text-fragment-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5147.txt

This memo defines URI fragment identifiers for text/plain MIME
entities.  These fragment identifiers make it possible to refer to
parts of a text/plain MIME entity, either identified by character
position or range, or by line position or range.  Fragment
identifiers may also contain information for integrity checks to make
them more robust.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce