Subject: RFC 5156 on Special-Use IPv6 Addresses

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:29:57 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5156

        Title:      Special-Use IPv6 Addresses 
        Author:     M. Blanchet
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       April 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 11931
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-rfc3330-for-ipv6-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5156.txt

This document is a compilation of special IPv6 addresses defined in
other RFCs.  It can be used as a checklist of invalid routing
prefixes for developing filtering policies for routes and IP packets.
It does not discuss addresses that are assigned to operators and
users through the Regional Internet Registries.  This memo provides 
information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce