Subject: Protocol Action: 'INTERNET MESSAGE ACCESS PROTOCOL - SORT AND THREAD EXTENSIONS' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 12:03:23 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'INTERNET MESSAGE ACCESS PROTOCOL - SORT AND THREAD EXTENSIONS '
   <draft-ietf-imapext-sort-20.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Internet Message Access Protocol 
Extension Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Lisa Dusseault and Chris Newman.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-imapext-sort-20.txt

Technical Summary
 
   This document describes the base-level server-based sorting and
   threading extensions to the IMAP protocol.  These extensions
   provide substantial performance improvements for IMAP clients which
   offer sorted and threaded views.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   This document is a product of the IMAPEXT working group.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   This has gone completely back through the system due to the long time
delay while the standards around a comparator registry and IMAP i18n 
were written.  The proposal has not changed much in approach, but the 
context has changed. 

   Ned Freed (first pass) and Lisa Dusseault (second pass) reviewed the
specification for the IESG.

Note to RFC Editor

Two simple/optional improvements:
Add a normative reference to STD 63 (RFC3629) for UTF-8.
Instead of allowing any 8-bit in BLOBCHAR and NONWSP, reference the rules
in RFC 3629 for well-formed UTF-8 (UTF8-2, UTF8-3, UTF8-4).

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce