Subject: Document Action: 'IPv6 Benchmarking Methodology for Network Interconnect Devices' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 08:48:18 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IPv6 Benchmarking Methodology for Network Interconnect Devices '
   <draft-ietf-bmwg-ipv6-meth-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Benchmarking Methodology Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ron Bonica and Dan Romascanu.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-ipv6-meth-05.txt

Technical Summary

The Benchmarking Methodologies defined in RFC2544 [8] are IP version
independent. However, RFC 2544 does not address some of the
specificities of IPv6. This document provides additional
benchmarking guidelines, which in conjunction with RFC2544, lead to a
more complete and realistic evaluation of the IPv6 performance of
network interconnect devices. IPv6 transition mechanisms are outside
the scope of this document.

Working Group Summary

The Working Group consensus behind this document is very strong.
The document benefits from extensive comments provided by many WG members
during three WG Last Calls. Comment resolutions have been tracked and may
be reviewed here:
http://home.comcast.net/~acmacm/BMWG/IPv6-meth-comment-resolution.pdf
http://home.comcast.net/~acmacm/BMWG/IPv6-Meth-Last-Call-resolution2.pdf
Scott Bradner, Bill Cerveny, and Rajiv Asati completed the BMWG review
template
(see http://home.comcast.net/~acmacm/BMWG/LastCallTemplate.txt ).
David Newman and Dan Romascanu (as a participant) also provided comments
and participated in discussions. The third WG Last call was relatively
silent
with only two minor comments that were easily resolved.

Document Quality

At least one test equipment vendor has already implemented this
specification.

Personnel

Al Morton is the Document Shepherd.
Ron Bonica is the AD responsible for the BMWG

RFC Editor Note

Please change the following author address:

OLD

   Diego Dugatkin
   IXIA
   26601 West Agoura Rd
   Calabasas  91302
   USA
   Phone: 818 444 3124
   Email: [email-masked]

NEW

   Diego Dugatkin
   FastSoft Inc.
   602 E Huntington Dr.
   Suite C
   Monrovia, CA 91016
   USA
   Phone: +1-626-357-7012  x115
   Email: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce