Subject: RFC 5177 on Network Mobility (NEMO) Extensions for Mobile IPv4

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 16:47:21 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5177

        Title:      Network Mobility (NEMO) Extensions for 
                    Mobile IPv4 
        Author:     K. Leung, G. Dommety,
                    V. Narayanan, A. Petrescu
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 56094
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mip4-nemo-v4-base-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5177.txt

This document describes a protocol for supporting Mobile Networks
between a Mobile Router and a Home Agent by extending the Mobile IPv4
protocol.  A Mobile Router is responsible for the mobility of one or
more network segments or subnets moving together.  The Mobile Router
hides its mobility from the nodes on the Mobile Network.  The nodes
on the Mobile Network may be fixed in relationship to the Mobile
Router and may not have any mobility function.

Extensions to Mobile IPv4 are introduced to support Mobile Networks.
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Mobility for IPv4 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce