Subject: RFC 5154 on IP over IEEE 802.16 Problem Statement and Goals

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 14:46:26 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5154

        Title:      IP over IEEE 802.16 Problem 
                    Statement and Goals 
        Author:     J. Jee, Ed., S. Madanapalli, J. Mandin
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       April 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 29853
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-16ng-ps-goals-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5154.txt

This document specifies problems in running IP over IEEE 802.16
networks by identifying specific gaps in the IEEE 802.16 Media Access
Control (MAC) for IPv4 and IPv6 support.  This document also provides
an overview of IEEE 802.16 network characteristics and convergence
sublayers.  Common terminology used for the base guideline while
defining the solution framework is also presented.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the IP over IEEE 802.16 Networks Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce