Subject: RFC 5241 on Naming Rights in IETF Protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 09:58:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5241

        Title:      Naming Rights in IETF Protocols 
        Author:     A. Falk, S. Bradner
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       1 April 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 25304
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5241.txt

This document proposes a new revenue source for the IETF to support
standardization activities: protocol field naming rights, i.e., the 
association of commercial brands with protocol fields.  This memo 
describes a process for assignment of rights and explores some of the 
issues associated with the process.  Individuals or organizations that 
wish to purchase naming rights for one or more protocol fields are 
expected to follow this process.  This memo provides information for the 
Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce