Subject: RFC 5205 on Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Domain Name System (DNS) Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:03:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5205

        Title:      Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Domain 
                    Name System (DNS) Extensions 
        Author:     P. Nikander, J. Laganier
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       April 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 34799
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-hip-dns-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5205.txt

This document specifies a new resource record (RR) for the Domain
Name System (DNS), and how to use it with the Host Identity Protocol
(HIP).  This RR allows a HIP node to store in the DNS its Host
Identity (HI, the public component of the node public-private key
pair), Host Identity Tag (HIT, a truncated hash of its public key),
and the Domain Names of its rendezvous servers (RVSs).  This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce