Subject: Document Action: 'Applicability Statement for Layer 1 Virtual Private Networks (L1VPNs) Basic Mode' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 11:03:31 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Applicability Statement for Layer 1 Virtual Private Networks (L1VPNs) 
   Basic Mode '
   <draft-ietf-l1vpn-applicability-basic-mode-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Layer 1 Virtual Private Networks 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are David Ward and Ross Callon.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l1vpn-applicability-basic-mode-05.txt

       Technical Summary

This document provides an applicability statement on the use of
Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) protocols and
mechanisms to support Basic Mode Layer 1 Virtual Private Networks
(L1VPNs).

L1VPNs provide customer services and connectivity at layer 1 over
layer 1 networks. The operation of L1VPNs is divided into the Basic
Mode and the Enhanced Mode where the Basic Mode of operation does not
feature any exchange of routing information between the layer 1
network and the customer domain. This document examines how GMPLS
protocols can be used to satisfy the requirements of a Basic Mode
L1VPN.

       Document Quality

This is an Informational I-D with no protocol specifications.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce