Subject: Protocol Action: 'OSPFv3 Graceful Restart' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 13:28:02 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'OSPFv3 Graceful Restart '
   <draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-graceful-restart-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are David Ward and Ross Callon.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-graceful-restart-08.txt

Technical Summary

   This document describes the OSPFv3 graceful restart.  The OSPFv3
   graceful restart is identical to OSPFv2 except for the differences
   described in this document.  These differences include the format of
   the grace Link State Advertisements (LSA) and other considerations.

Working Group Summary

   Broad consent with no dissent reported. This is very similar to the
   graceful restart mechanism used with OSPFv2 (which is already an RFC
   and is implemented and deployed). 

Document Quality

   I (Ross) think that there are implementations, but Dave or I will
   double-check prior to the telechat. 

Personnel

   Abhay Roy is the document shepherd. Dave Ward is the responsible
   AD. The IANA assignments share the same IANA registry as used by 
   the existing OSPFv2 graceful restart RFC.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce