Subject: RFC 5186 on Internet Group Management Protocol Version 3 (IGMPv3) / Multicast Listener Discovery Version 2 (MLDv2) and Multicast Routing Protocol Interaction

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 10:40:17 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5186

        Title:      Internet Group Management Protocol Version 
                    3 (IGMPv3) / Multicast Listener Discovery 
                    Version 2 (MLDv2) and Multicast Routing 
                    Protocol Interaction 
        Author:     B. Haberman, J. Martin
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       UNKNOWN 
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 12403
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-magma-igmpv3-and-routing-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5186.txt

The definitions of the Internet Group Management Protocol Version 3
(IGMPv3) and Multicast Listener Discovery Version 2 (MLDv2) require
new behavior within the multicast routing protocols.  The additional
source information contained in IGMPv3 and MLDv2 messages necessitates
that multicast routing protocols manage and utilize the information. 
This document describes how multicast routing protocols will interact
with these source-filtering group management protocols.  This memo 
provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Multicast & Anycast Group Membership Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce