Subject: TMDA on Mailing Lists

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 13:18:23 -0700

At the request of the WG Chairs, as well as many other members of the IETF
community, we we will be implementing TDMA in front of all ietf.org mailing
lists. We plan to put this in place tomorrow, Tuesday May 6th, at
approximately 17:00 GMT / 1pm ET.

The setup will use one common whitelist for all the lists. The whitelist
will be pre-seeded with all the current regular subscribers to any of the
mailing lists on ietf.org.  People who aren't subscribed to any list will be
required to confirm their first posting. In order to both keep the size of
the whitelist reasonable, and to regularly clean out entries for robots, we
plan to let non-subscriber entries on the whitelist time out after 6 months,
which will mean that non-subscribers will need to acknowledge a posting
every 6 months or so.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Regards,
Alexa

-----------
Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: [email-masked]

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/> 

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce