Subject: Protocol Action: 'The OSPF Opaque LSA Option' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 13:02:07 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The OSPF Opaque LSA Option '
   <draft-ietf-ospf-rfc2370bis-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are David Ward and Ross Callon.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-rfc2370bis-05.txt

Technical Summary

   This document defines enhancements to the OSPF protocol to support a
   new class of link-state advertisements (LSA) called Opaque LSAs.
   Opaque LSAs provide a generalized mechanism to allow for the future
   extensibility of OSPF. Opaque LSAs consist of a standard LSA header
   followed by application-specific information.  The information field
   may be used directly by OSPF or by other applications.  Standard OSPF
   link-state database flooding mechanisms are used to distribute Opaque
   LSAs to all or some limited portion of the OSPF topology.

   This document replaces RFC 2370 and adds to it a mechanism to enable
   an OSPF router to validate AS-scope opaque LSAs originated outside of
   the router's OSPF area.

Working Group Summary

   No dissent reported (see PROTO writeup by Acee Linden). This 
   document provides clarifications to RFC2370, with the one 
   technical change (see immediate paragraph above) having been
   discussed in the WG. 

Document Quality

   2370 is widely implemented and deployed and in use. 

Personnel

   Acee Lindem is document shepherd. Dave Ward is responsible
   AD. IANA issues are unchanged from 2370.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce