Subject: RFC 5238 on Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) over the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 16:31:03 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5238

        Title:      Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) 
                    over the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol 
                    (DCCP) 
        Author:     T. Phelan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 24394
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dccp-dtls-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5238.txt

This document specifies the use of Datagram Transport Layer
Security (DTLS) over the Datagram Congestion Control
Protocol (DCCP).  DTLS provides communications privacy for
applications that use datagram transport protocols and
allows client/server applications to communicate in a way
that is designed to prevent eavesdropping and detect
tampering or message forgery.  DCCP is a transport protocol
that provides a congestion-controlled unreliable datagram
service.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce