Subject: Protocol Action: 'Proxy Mobile IPv6' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 07:47:24 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Proxy Mobile IPv6 '
   <draft-ietf-netlmm-proxymip6-18.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network-based Localized Mobility 
Management Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netlmm-proxymip6-18.txt

Technical Summary

   Proxy Mobile IPv6 enables IP mobility for a host without
   requiring its participation in any mobility related
   signaling. Instead, the Network is responsible for managing
   IP mobility on behalf of the host.

Working Group Summary

   There is a consensus in Netlmm WG that this specification is ready
   to be published as a proposed standard.

   This protocol is expected to match the problem statement,
   requirements, and threats defined in RFCs 4830, 4831, and
   4832.

   Note that earlier/other efforts in the NETLMM WG included a different
   design for this protocol. The current specification is based on
   a new direction (reuse of Mobile IPv6 protocol mechanisms) that
   was chosen in 2006/2007.

Document Quality

   The document has gone through various reviews and a successful WGLC.

   This specification is expected to find use in 3GPP's new architecture
   as one of the mechanisms needed to support mobility in the so called
   SAE/LTE network.

Personnel

   Responsible AD is Jari Arkko and the document shepherd is
   Jonne Soininen.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce