Subject: RFC 5178 on Generic Security Service Application Program Interface (GSS-API) Internationalization and Domain-Based Service Names and Name Type

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 14:38:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5178

        Title:      Generic Security Service Application Program 
                    Interface (GSS-API) Internationalization and
                    Domain-Based Service 
                    Names and Name Type 
        Author:     N. Williams, A. Melnikov
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 17262
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-domain-based-names-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5178.txt

This document describes domain-name-based service principal names and
the corresponding name type for the Generic Security Service
Application Programming Interface (GSS-API).  Internationalization of
the GSS-API is also covered.

Domain-based service names are similar to host-based service names,
but using a domain name (not necessarily an Internet domain name) in
addition to a hostname.  The primary purpose of domain-based names is
to provide a measure of protection to applications that utilize
insecure service discovery protocols.  This is achieved by providing
a way to name clustered services after the "domain" which they
service, thereby allowing their clients to authorize the service's
servers based on authentication of their service names.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Kitten (GSS-API Next Generation) Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce