Subject: Re: Informational RFC to be: draft-guy-iax-04.txt

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 11:16:42 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'IAX: Inter-Asterisk 
eXchange Version 2' <draft-guy-iax-04.txt> as an Informational RFC. 

The IESG would also like the RFC-Editor to review the comments in the 
datatracker 
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=14030&rfc_flag=0) 
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit 
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot 
and the comment log. 

The IESG contact person is Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-guy-iax-04.txt

The process for such documents is described at http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html.

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   This document describes the IAX protocol used by Asterix PBX. 

Working Group Summary

   This is an RFC Ed. Publication.

IESG Note

      This RFC is not a candidate for any level of Internet Standard.
      The IETF disclaims any knowledge of the fitness of this RFC for
      any purpose and in particular notes that the decision to publish
      is not based on IETF review for such things as security,
      congestion control, or inappropriate interaction with deployed
      protocols.  The RFC Editor has chosen to publish this document at
      its discretion.  Readers of this document should exercise caution
      in evaluating its value for implementation and deployment.  See
      RFC 3932 for more information.

RFC Ed Note

    The IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in SIP,
MMUSIC, and AVT WGs, but this does not prevent publishing.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce