Subject: Protocol Action: 'A Framework for Centralized Conferencing' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 13:42:50 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'A Framework for Centralized Conferencing '
   <draft-ietf-xcon-framework-11.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Centralized Conferencing Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Jon Peterson.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xcon-framework-11.txt

          Technical Summary

	     This document defines the framework for Centralized
	     Conferencing.  The framework allows participants using
	     various call signaling protocols, such as SIP, H.323,
	     Jabber and various protocols used in the PSTN, to
	     exchange media in a centralized unicast conference.
	     The Centralized Conferencing Framework defines logical
	     entities and naming conventions, along with a high
	     level conferencing data model.  The framework also
	     outlines a set of conferencing protocols, which are
	     complementary to the call signaling protocols, for
	     building advanced conferencing applications.  The
	     framework binds all the defined components together
	     for the benefit of builders of conferencing systems.

          Working Group Summary

             This document is a product of the XCON working group.
             It captures some of the most important consensus decisions
             in the working group's history, and forms the foundation
             of the conference control protocol that XCON will ultimately
             publish.

          Document Quality

             The document has been reviewed for technical quality
             by Adam Roach.

             The document specifies a framework and important
             concepts, but does not define an implementable protocol
             (which is a separate deliverable of the XCON working
             group). A group of students at Universita' di Napoli
             Federico II (Naples University) have implemented their
             own protocol based on the concepts in the XCON framework;
             however, because no protocol has been formally defined
             by XCON yet, interoperability isn't possible.  See
             https://sourceforge.net/projects/confiance/ for details.

             The document itself underwent a detailed review by assigned
             reviewers in September of 2005. Detailed reviewers included
             David Morgan, Oscar Novo, Roni Even, and Umesh Chandra.

Note to RFC Editor

OLD
Today, users often have passwords containing up to 30 bits
NEW
Today, users often have passwords containing up to 30 bits of entropy 

OLD
 users' visibility (including "anonymous" and "hidden") may be
NEW
 users' identity (including "anonymous" and "hidden") may be

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce