Subject: Protocol Action: 'The 'news' and 'nntp' URI Schemes' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 07:11:23 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The 'news' and 'nntp' URI Schemes '
   <draft-ellermann-news-nntp-uri-11.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Lisa Dusseault.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ellermann-news-nntp-uri-11.txt

Technical Summary

   This document separates the definition of NNTP and news URIs
   out from RFC1738.  The move allows RFC1738 to be reclassified
   as obsolete. 

Working Group Summary

   No WG

Document Quality

   This is mostly a document reorganization.  The implementation
   and deployment of the URIs in question are what they are now.

Personnel

   Lisa Dusseault reviewed this document for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce