Subject: Re: Informational RFC to be: draft-jcurran-v6transitionplan-03.txt

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:41:50 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'An Internet Transition 
Plan' <draft-jcurran-v6transitionplan-03.txt> as an Informational RFC. 

The IESG would also like the RFC-Editor to review the comments in the 
datatracker 
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=16331&rfc_flag=0)
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit 
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot 
and the comment log. 

The IESG contact person is Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jcurran-v6transitionplan-03.txt

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html.

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

  This memo provides one possible plan for transitioning the Internet 
  from a predominantly IPv4-based connectivity model to a predominantly 
  IPv6-based connectivity model.

Working Group Summary

This memo is an independant submission via the RFC editor. It does not
represent the output of any IETF WG.

Document Quality
 
The IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in the v6ops
WG, but this does not prevent publishing.

Personnel

 Ron Bonica is shepard for this memo.

IESG Note

 Please add the following text:

This RFC is not a candidate for any level of Internet Standard.
The IETF disclaims any knowledge of the fitness of this RFC for
any purpose and notes that the decision to publish is not based on
IETF review apart from IESG review for conflict with IETF work. RFC
Editor has chosen to publish this document at its
discretion.  See RFC 3932 for more information.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce