Subject: Protocol Action: 'LoST: A Location-to-Service Translation Protocol' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 06:10:59 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'LoST: A Location-to-Service Translation Protocol '
   <draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Emergency Context Resolution with 
Internet Technologies Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-10.txt

Technical Summary
 
This document describes an XML-based protocol for mapping service
identifiers and geodetic or civic location information to service
contact URIs. In particular, it can be used to determine the
location-appropriate PSAP for emergency services.
 
Working Group Summary
 
There is consensus in the WG to publish this document.
 
Protocol Quality
 
The LoST protocol has been implemented during the
development of the specification. Two public implementations 
are available and other company-internal implementations
have been reported to the chairs. Tests have been performed
between two public implementations and useful feedback was 
provided to the working group. 

The LoST specification has experienced extensive review, 
including reviews by other SDOs. The protocol is an important 
building block in the NENA i3 architecture.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce