Subject: Protocol Action: 'Conference Establishment Using Request-Contained Lists in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:07:07 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Conference Establishment Using Request-Contained Lists in the Session 
   Initiation Protocol (SIP) '
   <draft-ietf-sip-uri-list-conferencing-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Jon Peterson.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-uri-list-conferencing-02.txt

Technical Summary 

This document describes how to create a conference using SIP URI-list 
services. In particular, it describes a mechanism that allows a client to
provide a conference server with the initial list of participants using an
INVITE-contained URI-list. 

Working Group Summary 

The document was originally produced by the SIPPING working group, 
but was transferred to the SIP working group due to the need to define 
a new option tag, in conformance with RFC 3427. 

Document Quality 

There is a strong requirement from OMA and 3GPP for a SIP 
solution in this area. 

Personnel 

Keith Drage is the document shepherd for this document. 
Cullen Jennings is the responsible Area Director.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce