Subject: RFC 5170 on Low Density Parity Check (LDPC) Staircase and Triangle Forward Error Correction (FEC) Schemes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 16:43:13 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5170

        Title:      Low Density Parity Check (LDPC) 
                    Staircase and Triangle Forward Error Correction 
                    (FEC) Schemes 
        Author:     V. Roca, C. Neumann, D. Furodet
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      33
        Characters: 68567
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-ldpc-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5170.txt

This document describes two Fully-Specified Forward Error Correction
(FEC) Schemes, Low Density Parity Check (LDPC) Staircase and LDPC
Triangle, and their application to the reliable delivery of data
objects on the packet erasure channel (i.e., a communication path
where packets are either received without any corruption or discarded
during transmission).  These systematic FEC codes belong to the well-
known class of "Low Density Parity Check" codes, and are large block
FEC codes in the sense of RFC 3453.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce