Subject: RFC 5209 on Network Endpoint Assessment (NEA): Overview and Requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:43:46 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5209

        Title:      Network Endpoint Assessment (NEA): Overview 
                    and Requirements 
        Author:     P. Sangster, H. Khosravi,
                    M. Mani, K. Narayan,
                    J. Tardo
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       June 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      53
        Characters: 132227
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nea-requirements-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5209.txt

This document defines the problem statement, scope, and protocol
requirements between the components of the NEA (Network Endpoint
Assessment) reference model.  NEA provides owners of networks (e.g.,
an enterprise offering remote access) a mechanism to evaluate the
posture of a system.  This may take place during the request for
network access and/or subsequently at any time while connected to the
network.  The learned posture information can then be applied to a
variety of compliance-oriented decisions.  The posture information is
frequently useful for detecting systems that are lacking or have
out-of-date security protection mechanisms such as: anti-virus and
host-based firewall software.  In order to provide context for the
requirements, a reference model and terminology are introduced.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Network Endpoint Assessment Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce