Subject: Re: Experimental RFCs to be: draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-10.txt, draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-motivation-07.txt, draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-extensions-08.txt

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:24:13 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 
- 'Licklider Transmission Protocol - Motivation '
   <draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-motivation-07.txt> as an Experimental RFC
- 'Licklider Transmission Protocol - Specification '
   <draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-10.txt> as an Experimental RFC
- 'Licklider Transmission Protocol - Security Extensions '
   <draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-extensions-08.txt> as an Experimental RFC

The IESG would also like the RFC-Editor to review the comments in the 
datatracker 
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=11799&rfc_flag=0)
related to these documents and determine whether or not they merit 
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot 
and the comment log. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-10.txt
A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-extensions-08.txt
A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-motivation-07.txt

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html.

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   This series of three documents are about the Licklider Transmission
   Protocol developed in the DTNRG.

   <draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-10.txt>
      serves as the main protocol specification of LTP.

   <draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-extensions-08.txt>
      defines two security extensions.

   <draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-motivation-07.txt>
      provides motivation for the protocol.

Working Group Summary

   No IETF WG was involved. This protocol was developed in the IRTF.

Document Quality

   The document reached consensus in the DTNRG.

   The document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

Personnel

   Kevin Fall <[email-masked]> is the document shepherd.

IESG Notes

For draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-motivation-07.txt:

  This RFC is not a candidate for any level of Internet Standard.
  It represents the consensus of the Delay Tolerant Networking (DTN)
  Research Group of the Internet Research Task Force (IRTF).  See
  RFC 3932 for more information.

For draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-10.txt:

  This RFC is not a candidate for any level of Internet Standard.
  It represents the consensus of the Delay Tolerant Networking (DTN)
  Research Group of the Internet Research Task Force (IRTF).  It may
  be considered for standardization by the IETF in the future, but the
  IETF disclaims any knowledge of the fitness of this RFC for any
  purpose and in particular notes that the decision to publish is not
  based on IETF review for such things as security, congestion control,
  or inappropriate interaction with deployed protocols.  See RFC 3932
  for more information.

For draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-extensions-08.txt:

  This RFC is not a candidate for any level of Internet Standard.
  It represents the consensus of the Delay Tolerant Networking (DTN)
  Research Group of the Internet Research Task Force (IRTF).  It may
  be considered for standardization by the IETF in the future, but the
  IETF disclaims any knowledge of the fitness of this RFC for any
  purpose and in particular notes that the decision to publish is not
  based on IETF review for such things as security, congestion control,
  or inappropriate interaction with deployed protocols.  See RFC 3932
  for more information.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce