Subject: RFC 5272 on Certificate Management over CMS (CMC)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 16:43:24 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5272

        Title:      Certificate Management over CMS (CMC) 
        Author:     J. Schaad, M. Myers
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      83
        Characters: 167138
        Obsoletes:  RFC2797

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-2797-bis-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5272.txt

This document defines the base syntax for CMC, a Certificate
Management protocol using the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS).
This protocol addresses two immediate needs within the Internet
Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) community:

1.  The need for an interface to public key certification products
and services based on CMS and PKCS #10 (Public Key Cryptography
Standard), and

2.  The need for a PKI enrollment protocol for encryption only keys
due to algorithm or hardware design.

CMC also requires the use of the transport document and the
requirements usage document along with this document for a full
definition.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce