Subject: RFC 5256 on Internet Message Access Protocol - SORT and THREAD Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 15:16:50 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5256

        Title:      Internet Message Access Protocol - 
                    SORT and THREAD Extensions 
        Author:     M. Crispin, K. Murchison
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 40779
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-imapext-sort-20.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5256.txt

This document describes the base-level server-based sorting and
threading extensions to the IMAP protocol.  These extensions
provide substantial performance improvements for IMAP clients that
offer sorted and threaded views.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Internet Message Access Protocol Extension Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce