Subject: RFC 5270 on Mobile IPv6 Fast Handovers over IEEE 802.16e Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 16:27:24 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5270

        Title:      Mobile IPv6 Fast Handovers over 
                    IEEE 802.16e Networks 
        Author:     H. Jang, J. Jee, Y. Han, S. Park, J. Cha
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       June 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 42358
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mipshop-fh80216e-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5270.txt

This document describes how a Mobile IPv6 Fast Handover can be
implemented on link layers conforming to the IEEE 802.16e suite of
specifications.  The proposed scheme tries to achieve seamless
handover by exploiting the link-layer handover indicators and thereby
synchronizing the IEEE 802.16e handover procedures with the Mobile
IPv6 fast handover procedures efficiently.  This memo provides information 
for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Mobility for IP: Performance, Signaling and Handoff Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce