Subject: Outage Update

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 14:36:02 -0700

Last night, an extreme spam run caused TMDA to overflow the IETF server and
as a result, we experienced an outage for approximately an hour and a half.
Unfortunately, two mailing lists were damaged by this outage - the IETF
Discussion list, and the SIP list. The databases have been rebuilt from
recent backups; however, at your convenience, you should check your
subscriptions to those lists.

Fortunately, there is some good news. The TMDA replacement system, which has
been under development since the first server outage, was installed
yesterday. Testing is underway and, within the next day or so, the
replacement system will be activated and TMDA will be removed. This should
finally put the ongoing stability issues to rest.

In addition, we are still moving forward with the split of web and email
services on a multiple-server structure; we expect to switch over to the new
setup right after IETF 72 in Dublin.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any question or concerns.

Regards,
Alexa

-----------
Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: [email-masked]

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce