Subject: Document Action: 'An Overview of Reliable Server Pooling Protocols' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:35:45 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'An Overview of Reliable Server Pooling Protocols '
   <draft-ietf-rserpool-overview-06.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Reliable Server Pooling Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Magnus Westerlund and Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rserpool-overview-06.txt

Technical Summary

This draft provides a high level overview of the Rserpool protocols.

Working Group Summary

The Working Group process was constrained by the relatively small number
of people actively involved (although those involved were committed to
doing implementations of the protocols).  Otherwise there was little
controversy within the group.

Document Quality

There are multiple implementations of both ENRP and ASAP protocols,
thanks to participants.  However, there are no vendors that have indicated
plans for implementation.  Based on this and the limited number of
participants, Experimental track seems appropriate.  We received detailed
comments and review from Scott Bradner and his help was greatly
appreciated.

Personnel

Document Shepherding is being provided by the Working Group chairs,
Maureen Stillman and Lyndon Ong.  Responsible Area Director is Magnus
Westerlund.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce