Subject: Protocol Action: 'Subscriptions to Request-Contained Resource Lists in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:05:46 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Subscriptions to Request-Contained Resource Lists in the Session 
   Initiation Protocol (SIP) '
   <draft-ietf-sip-uri-list-subscribe-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Jon Peterson.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-uri-list-subscribe-02.txt

Technical Summary 

This document specifies a way to create subscription to a list of
resources in SIP. This is achieved by including the list of resources in
the body of a SUBSCRIBE. Instead of having a subscriber send a SUBSCRIBE
for each resource individually, the subscriber defines the resource list,
subscribes to it, and gets notifications about changes in the resources'
state using a single SUBSCRIBE dialog. 

Working Group Summary 

The document was originally produced by the SIPPING working group, but
was transferred to the SIP working group due to the need to define a new
option tag, in conformance with RFC 3427. There is consensus in the WG to
publish this document. 

Document Quality 

There is a strong requirement from OMA for a SIP solution in this area. 

Personnel 

Keith Drage is the document shepherd for this document. Cullen Jennings
is the responsible Area Director.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce