Subject: Protocol Action: 'NETCONF Event Notifications' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 12:41:52 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'NETCONF Event Notifications '
   <draft-ietf-netconf-notification-14.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network Configuration Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netconf-notification-14.txt

Technical Summary

   This document defines mechanisms that provide an asynchronous message
   notification delivery service for the NETCONF protocol.  This is an
   optional capability built on top of the base NETCONF definition.
   This document defines the capabilities and operations necessary to
   support this service.

Working Group Summary

   This document completes the initial charter of the NETCONF WG. It was

   longly debated and discussed in the Working Group, including two Last
   Calls. The current version reflects the consensus of the Working
   Group. 

Document Quality

    There are several implementations of NETCONF which implement or plan

    to implement the notifications option. Suresh Krishnan reviewed the
    document for the Gen-ART team. 

Personnel

   Bert Wijnen is the document shepherd and Dan Romascanu is the   
   responsible Area Director. 

RFC Editor Note

Please add at the end of Section 7 - Security Considerations the
following: 

   If a malicious or buggy NETCONF client sends a number of
   <create-subscription> requests, then these subscriptions accumulate
   and may use up system resources. In such a situation, subscriptions
   can be terminated by terminating the suspect underlying NETCONF
   sessions using the <kill-session> operation.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce