Subject: Protocol Action: 'Contexts for IMAP4' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 13:03:50 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Contexts for IMAP4 '
   <draft-cridland-imap-context-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Chris Newman.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cridland-imap-context-05.txt

Technical Summary
 
   The IMAP4rev1 protocol has powerful search facilities as part of the
   core protocol, but lacks the ability to create live, updated results
   which can be easily handled.  This memo provides such an extension,
   and shows how it can be used to provide a facility similar to virtual
   mailboxes.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   This is an individual submission but was discussed by the Lemonade
   WG and has been added to the Lemonade WG profile bis specification.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   This was reviewed for the IESG by Chris Newman.  The document
   received at least 5 positive reviews. All issues raised
   so far were fixed.  At least 2 server implementors and 1 client
   implementor are working on implementations.  One more client
   implementor is thinking about implementing this extension.

Note to RFC Editor

   Please ask for approval from the document shepherd,
   [email-masked] during AUTH48.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce