Subject: Re: Informational RFC to be: draft-floyd-tsvwg-besteffort-04.txt

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:43:00 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'Comments on the 
Usefulness of Simple Best-Effort Traffic' 
<draft-floyd-tsvwg-besteffort-04.txt> as an Informational RFC. 

The IESG would also like the RFC-Editor to review the comments in the 
datatracker 
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=16214&rfc_flag=0) 
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit 
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot 
and the comment log. 

The IESG contact person is Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-floyd-tsvwg-besteffort-04.txt

The process for such documents is described at http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html.

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   This document presents some observations on "simple best-effort"
   traffic, defined loosely for the purposes of this document as
   Internet traffic that is not covered by Quality of Service
   mechanisms, congestion-based pricing, cost-based fairness, admissions
   control, or the like. 

Working Group Summary

   This document was discussed in TSVWG, but is now published as
   an individual submission to the RFC Editor.

Document Quality

Personnel

   Lars Eggert ([email-masked]) has reviewed this document for
   the IESG.

IESG Note

   [RFC3932, Section 4, Note 3; added 1st paragraph due to discussion in
TSVWG]

      The content of this RFC was at one time considered by the IETF,
      and therefore it may resemble a current IETF work in progress or a
      published IETF work.
      This RFC is not a candidate for any level of Internet Standard.
      The IETF disclaims any knowledge of the fitness of this RFC for
      any purpose and notes that the decision to publish is not based on
      IETF review apart from IESG review for conflict with IETF work.
      The RFC Editor has chosen to publish this document at its
      discretion.  See RFC 3932 for more information.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce