Subject: RFC 5195 on BGP-Based Auto-Discovery for Layer-1 VPNs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 17:03:08 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5195

        Title:      BGP-Based Auto-Discovery for Layer-1 VPNs 
        Author:     H. Ould-Brahim, D. Fedyk,
                    Y. Rekhter
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 21480
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l1vpn-bgp-auto-discovery-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5195.txt

The purpose of this document is to define a BGP-based auto-discovery
mechanism for Layer-1 VPNs (L1VPNs).  The
auto-discovery mechanism for L1VPNs allows the provider network
devices to dynamically discover the set of Provider Edges (PEs) having
ports attached to Customer Edge (CE) members of the same VPN.  That
information is necessary for completing the signaling phase of L1VPN
connections.  One main objective of a L1VPN auto-discovery mechanism is
to support the "single-end provisioning" model, where addition of a
new port to a given L1VPN would involve configuration changes only on
the PE that has this port and on the CE that is connected to the PE
via this port.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Layer 1 Virtual Private Networks Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce