Subject: RFC 5255 on Internet Message Access Protocol Internationalization

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 15:16:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5255

        Title:      Internet Message Access Protocol Internationalization 
        Author:     C. Newman, A. Gulbrandsen, A. Melnikov
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 41403
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-imapext-i18n-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5255.txt

Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) version 4rev1 has basic
support for non-ASCII characters in mailbox names and search
substrings.  It also supports non-ASCII message headers and content
encoded as specified by Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions
(MIME).  This specification defines a collection of IMAP extensions
that improve international support including language negotiation for 
international error text, translations for namespace prefixes, and 
comparator negotiation for search, sort, and thread.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Internet Message Access Protocol Extension Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce