Subject: BCP 138, RFC 5248 on A Registry for SMTP Enhanced Mail System Status Codes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 18:06:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 138        
        RFC 5248

        Title:      A Registry for SMTP Enhanced 
                    Mail System Status Codes 
        Author:     T. Hansen, J. Klensin
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       June 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 23845
        Updates:    RFC3463, RFC4468, RFC4954
        See Also:   BCP0138

        I-D Tag:    draft-hansen-4468upd-mailesc-registry-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5248.txt

The specification for enhanced mail system status codes, RFC 3463,
establishes a new code model and lists a collection of status codes.
While it anticipated that more codes would be added over time, it did
not provide an explicit mechanism for registering and tracking those
codes.  This document specifies an IANA registry for mail system
enhanced status codes, and initializes that registry with the codes
so far established in published standards-track documents, as well as
other codes that have become established in the industry.  This document 
specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce