Subject: Protocol Action: 'Control Protocol Extensions for Setup of TDM Pseudowires in MPLS Networks' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:33:25 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Control Protocol Extensions for Setup of TDM Pseudowires in MPLS 
   Networks '
   <draft-ietf-pwe3-tdm-control-protocol-extensi-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Mark Townsley and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-tdm-control-protocol-extensi-07.txt

          Technical Summary

This document defines extension to the PWE3 control protocol [RFC4447]
and PWE3 IANA allocations [RFC4446] required for setup of TDM (RFC4553,
RFC5086 and RFC5087) pseudowires in MPLS networks.

Working Group Summary

This document has been reviewed by the experts in the PWE3 WG and there
are no outstanding issues.

Protocol Quality

This is a simple extension to RFC4447 to allow the provisioning of some
additional (well known) PW types using the already established rules and
procedures.

Personnel
              
Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?

Stewart Bryant ([email-masked])

Who is the Responsible Area Director?

Mark Townsley ([email-masked])

RFC Editor Note

In the diagram in Section 3.6, please change the value 0x0F to 0x11

OLD:
     0                   1                   2                   3
     0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |    0x0F       |    Length     | V |      ENCODING             |
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |                      Maximum Duration                         |
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |                      CID mapping bases                        |
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

NEW:

     0                   1                   2                   3
     0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |    0x11       |    Length     | V |      ENCODING             |
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |                      Maximum Duration                         |
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |                      CID mapping bases                        |
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce