Subject: RFC 5239 on A Framework for Centralized Conferencing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 15:16:48 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5239

        Title:      A Framework for Centralized Conferencing 
        Author:     M. Barnes, C. Boulton, O. Levin
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      57
        Characters: 146927
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-xcon-framework-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5239.txt

This document defines the framework for Centralized Conferencing.
The framework allows participants using various call signaling
protocols, such as SIP, H.323, Jabber, Q.931 or ISDN User Part
(ISUP), to exchange media in a centralized unicast conference.  The
Centralized Conferencing Framework defines logical entities and
naming conventions.  The framework also outlines a set of
conferencing protocols, which are complementary to the call signaling
protocols, for building advanced conferencing applications.  The
framework binds all the defined components together for the benefit
of builders of conferencing systems.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Centralized Conferencing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce