Subject: Protocol Action: 'User-Defined Errors for RSVP' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:40:09 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'User-Defined Errors for RSVP '
   <draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-user-error-spec-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Transport Area Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Magnus Westerlund and Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-user-error-spec-08.txt

Technical Summary            
             
   The Resource ReserVation Protocol (RSVP) [RFC2205] defines an
   ERROR_SPEC object for communicating errors.  That object has a
   defined format that permits the definition of 256 error codes.  As
   RSVP has been developed and extended, the convention has been to be
   conservative in communicating errors.  Further no provision for user
   defined errors exists in RSVP. This document defines such an extension
   that allows user or manufacturer specific error indications in 
   addition to the regular code.             

Working Group Summary

   This document was WG last called in TSVWG, CCAMP and MPLS to cover 
   all WG that works with RSVP. The consensus was not disputed but not 
   particular large. 

Document Quality

   This document has gotten descent review. No known implementations. 

Personnel

   The responsible WG shepherd and AD is Magnus Westerlund.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce