Subject: RFC 5210 on A Source Address Validation Architecture (SAVA) Testbed and Deployment Experience

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 16:27:15 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5210

        Title:      A Source Address Validation Architecture 
                    (SAVA) Testbed and Deployment Experience 
        Author:     J. Wu, J. Bi,
                    X. Li, G. Ren,
                    K. Xu, M. Williams
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       June 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 58363
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-wu-sava-testbed-experience-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5210.txt

Because the Internet forwards packets according to the IP destination
address, packet forwarding typically takes place without inspection
of the source address and malicious attacks have been launched using
spoofed source addresses.  In an effort to enhance the Internet with
IP source address validation, a prototype implementation of the IP
Source Address Validation Architecture (SAVA) was created and an
evaluation was conducted on an IPv6 network.  This document reports
on the prototype implementation and the test results, as well as the
lessons and insights gained from experimentation.  This memo defines an 
Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce