Subject: Protocol Action: 'Sieve Email Filtering: Date and Index Extensions' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 13:02:51 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Sieve Email Filtering: Date and Index Extensions '
   <draft-freed-sieve-date-index-12.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Lisa Dusseault.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-freed-sieve-date-index-12.txt

Technical Summary
   This document describes the "date" and "index" extensions to the
   Sieve email filtering language.  The "date" extension gives Sieve the
   ability to test date and time values in various ways.  The "index"
   extension provides a means to limit header and address tests to
   specific instances of header fields when header fields are repeated.

Working Group Summary

This is an individual submission. It was informally last called in the
Sieve WG and there was strong support for publishing the document.

Document Quality

There is at least 2 server implementations (Sun, Oryx) of this document.
At least 2 more implementors (Isode, libsieve) are interested in
implementing it.

At least 4 people have reviewed the document. Posted comments were
addressed in the latest revision.

Personnel

Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]> is the document shepherd for
this document.

Lisa Dusseault is the sponsor and reviewed this for the IESG.

RFC Editor Note

OLD:
"year", "month", "day", "date", "hour", "minute", "second" and
                        ^^^^^^^
"weekday" all use fixed-width string representations of integers,  and
can therefore be compared with "i;octet", "i;ascii-casemap", and
"i;ascii-numeric" with equivalent results.

NEW:
"year", "month", "day", "hour", "minute", "second" and
"weekday" all use fixed-width string representations of integers,  and
can therefore be compared with "i;octet", "i;ascii-casemap", and
"i;ascii-numeric" with equivalent results.
"date" also uses fixed-width string representations of integers,  and
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
can therefore be compared with "i;octet", "i;ascii-casemap", however
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"i;ascii-numeric" can't be used with it, as "i;ascii-numeric" doesn't
allow
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
for non digit characters.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce