Subject: Document Action: 'Threats Introduced by RSerPool and Requirements for Security in Response to Threats' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 05:50:06 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Threats Introduced by RSerPool and Requirements for Security in 
   Response to Threats '
   <draft-ietf-rserpool-threats-15.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Reliable Server Pooling Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Magnus Westerlund and Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rserpool-threats-15.txt

Technical Summary

This draft provides an analysis of security threats to the Rserpool
architecture and defines requirements for countering these threats. It
provides additional information supporting the security sections of the
Rserpool protocol documents.

Working Group Summary

The Working Group process was constrained by the relatively small number
of people actively involved (although those involved were committed to
doing implementations of the protocols). Otherwise there was little
controversy within the group.

Document Quality

There are multiple implementations of the Rserpool protocols, ENRP and
ASAP. However, there are no vendors that have indicated plans for
implementation, and the protocols are being proposed as Experimental. This
particular draft is Informational only, as it defines no new protocol.

Personnel

Document Shepherding is being provided by the non-author Working Group
chair, Lyndon Ong. Responsible Area Director is Magnus Westerlund.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce