Subject: RFC 5212 on Requirements for GMPLS-Based Multi-Region and Multi-Layer Networks (MRN/MLN)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 16:37:12 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5212

        Title:      Requirements for GMPLS-Based Multi-Region and 
                    Multi-Layer Networks (MRN/MLN) 
        Author:     K. Shiomoto, D. Papadimitriou,
                    JL. Le Roux, M. Vigoureux,
                    D. Brungard
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       July 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 70286
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mln-reqs-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5212.txt

Most of the initial efforts to utilize Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) have
been related to environments hosting devices with a single switching
capability.  The complexity raised by the control of such data planes
is similar to that seen in classical IP/MPLS networks.  By extending
MPLS to support multiple switching technologies, GMPLS provides a
comprehensive framework for the control of a multi-layered network of
either a single switching technology or multiple switching
technologies.

In GMPLS, a switching technology domain defines a region, and a
network of multiple switching types is referred to in this document as
a multi-region network (MRN).  When referring in general to a layered
network, which may consist of either single or multiple regions, this
document uses the term multi-layer network (MLN).  This document
defines a framework for GMPLS based multi-region / multi-layer
networks and lists a set of functional requirements.  This memo 
provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce