Subject: RFC 5250 on The OSPF Opaque LSA Option

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 14:18:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5250

        Title:      The OSPF Opaque LSA Option 
        Author:     L. Berger, I. Bryskin,
                    A. Zinin, R. Coltun
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       July 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 37657
        Obsoletes:  RFC2370

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-rfc2370bis-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5250.txt

This document defines enhancements to the OSPF protocol to support a new
class of link state advertisements (LSAs) called Opaque LSAs.  Opaque
LSAs provide a generalized mechanism to allow for the future
extensibility of OSPF.  Opaque LSAs consist of a standard LSA header
followed by application-specific information.  The information field
may be used directly by OSPF or by other applications.  Standard OSPF
link-state database flooding mechanisms are used to distribute Opaque
LSAs to all or some limited portion of the OSPF topology.

This document replaces RFC 2370 and adds to it a mechanism to
enable an OSPF router to validate Autonomous System (AS)-scope Opaque
LSAs originated outside of the router's OSPF area.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce