Subject: RFC 5251 on Layer 1 VPN Basic Mode

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 14:18:40 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5251

        Title:      Layer 1 VPN Basic Mode 
        Author:     D. Fedyk, Ed.,
                    Y. Rekhter, Ed.,
                    D. Papadimitriou, 
                    R. Rabbat,
                    L. Berger
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       July 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 57599
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l1vpn-basic-mode-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5251.txt

This document describes the Basic Mode of Layer 1 VPNs (L1VPNs).  L1VPN Basic Mode (L1VPN BM) is a port-based VPN.  In L1VPN Basic Mode, the
basic unit of service is a Label Switched Path (LSP) between a pair
of customer ports within a given VPN port topology.  This document
defines the operational model using either provisioning or a VPN
auto-discovery mechanism, and the signaling extensions for the L1VPN
BM.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Layer 1 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce