Subject: RFC 5218 on What Makes For a Successful Protocol?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 16:39:57 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5218

        Title:      What Makes For a Successful 
                    Protocol? 
        Author:     D. Thaler, B. Aboba
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       July 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 58409
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-protocol-success-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5218.txt

The Internet community has specified a large number of protocols to
date, and these protocols have achieved varying degrees of success.
Based on case studies, this document attempts to ascertain factors
that contribute to or hinder a protocol's success.  It is hoped that
these observations can serve as guidance for future protocol work.
This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce