Subject: Protocol Action: 'Restart Signaling for Intermediate System to Intermediate System (IS-IS)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 08:10:28 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Restart Signaling for Intermediate System to Intermediate System 
   (IS-IS) '
   <draft-ietf-isis-rfc3847bis-00.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and David Ward.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-rfc3847bis-00.txt

Technical Summary

   This document describes a mechanism for a restarting router to signal
   to its neighbors that it is restarting, allowing them to reestablish
   their adjacencies without cycling through the down state, while still
   correctly initiating database synchronization.

   This document additionally describes a mechanism for a restarting
   router to determine when it has achieved LSP database synchronization
   with its neighbors and a mechanism to optimize LSP database
   synchronization, while minimizing transient routing disruption when a
   router starts.

Working Group Summary

   This is one in a series of seven IS-IS documents that was originally
   published as informational for historic reasons, that are being 
   updated to proposed standard. There is broad WG consensus for this
   upgrade. 

Document Quality

   There are multiple implementations and some deployment. 

Personnel

   Chris Hopps and Dave Ward are jointly acting as shepherds for 
   the series of seven documents. Ross Callon is responsible AD. 

RFC Editor Note

   In the header on the first page, please change:

   OLD
     Updates: 3847 (if approved)

   NEW
     Obsoletes: 3847

   In the abstract, add a new sentence to the end of the abstract:

     This document obsoletes RFC3847. 

   Please change all references to [RFC3373] to instead reference
   [draft-ietf-isis-rfc3373bis].

   Please change the reference to [RFC3567] to instead reference
   [draft-ietf-isis-rfc3567bis].

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce