Subject: RFC 5278 on IANA Registration of Enumservices for Voice and Video Messaging

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:54:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5278

        Title:      IANA Registration of Enumservices for 
                    Voice and Video Messaging 
        Author:     J. Livingood, D. Troshynski
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       July 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 39745
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-enum-vmsg-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5278.txt

This document registers the Enumservice named "vmsg", which is used
to facilitate the real-time routing of voice, video, and unified
communications to a messaging system.  This vmsg Enumservice
registers three Enumservice types: "voicemsg", "videomsg", and
"unifmsg".  Each type also registers the subtypes "sip", "sips",
"http", and "https", as well as the subtype "tel" for the "voicemsg"
type.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Telephone Number Mapping Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce