Subject: RFC 5217 on Memorandum for Multi-Domain Public Key Infrastructure Interoperability

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 14:17:27 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5217

        Title:      Memorandum for Multi-Domain Public Key 
                    Infrastructure Interoperability 
        Author:     M. Shimaoka, Ed.,
                    N. Hastings, R. Nielsen
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       July 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 64814
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-shimaoka-multidomain-pki-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5217.txt

The objective of this document is to establish a terminology
framework and to suggest the operational requirements of Public Key
Infrastructure (PKI) domain for interoperability of multi-domain
Public Key Infrastructure, where each PKI domain is operated under a
distinct policy.  This document describes the relationships between
Certification Authorities (CAs), provides the definition and
requirements for PKI domains, and discusses typical models of
multi-domain PKI.  This memo provides information for the 
Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce