Subject: Document Action: 'Using the Host Identity Protocol with Legacy Applications' to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 02:47:25 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Using the Host Identity Protocol with Legacy Applications '
   <draft-ietf-hip-applications-04.txt> as an Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Mark Townsley and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-applications-04.txt

Technical Summary

The Host Identity Protocol (HIP) and architecture proposes to add a
cryptographic name space for network stack names. From an
application viewpoint, HIP-enabled systems support a new address
family of host identifiers, but it may be a long time until such HIP-
aware applications are widely deployed even if host systems are
upgraded. This informational document discusses implementation and
API issues relating to using HIP in situations in which the system is
HIP-aware but the applications are not.

Working Group Summary

Was there anything in WG process that is worth noting? For
example, was there controversy about particular points or
were there decisions where the consensus was particularly
rough?

No.

Document Quality

This document is based on the experiences of several HIP implementors.

The Document PROTO Shepherd is Gonzalo Camarillo

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce