Subject: RFC 5267 on Contexts for IMAP4

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:41:55 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5267

        Title:      Contexts for IMAP4 
        Author:     D. Cridland, C. King
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       July 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 36709
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-cridland-imap-context-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5267.txt

The IMAP4rev1 protocol has powerful search facilities as part of the
core protocol, but lacks the ability to create live, updated results
that can be easily handled.  This memo provides such an extension,
and shows how it can be used to provide a facility similar to virtual
mailboxes.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce