Subject: RFC 5259 on Internet Message Access Protocol - CONVERT Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:39:15 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5259

        Title:      Internet Message Access Protocol - 
                    CONVERT Extension 
        Author:     A. Melnikov, Ed.,
                    P. Coates, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       July 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 63831
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lemonade-convert-20.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5259.txt

CONVERT defines extensions to IMAP allowing clients to request
adaptation and/or transcoding of attachments.  Clients can specify
the conversion details or allow servers to decide based on knowledge
of client capabilities, on user or administrator preferences, or on
server settings.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Enhancements to Internet email to support diverse service environments Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce