Subject: RFC 5253 on Applicability Statement for Layer 1 Virtual Private Network (L1VPN) Basic Mode

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 14:20:03 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5253

        Title:      Applicability Statement for Layer 1 
                    Virtual Private Network (L1VPN) Basic Mode 
        Author:     T. Takeda, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       July 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 42675
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l1vpn-applicability-basic-mode-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5253.txt

This document provides an applicability statement on the use of
Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) protocols and
mechanisms to support Basic Mode Layer 1 Virtual Private Networks
(L1VPNs).

L1VPNs provide customer services and connectivity at Layer 1 over
Layer 1 networks.  The operation of L1VPNs is divided into the Basic
Mode and the Enhanced Mode, where the Basic Mode of operation does not
feature any exchange of routing information between the Layer 1
network and the customer domain.  This document examines how GMPLS
protocols can be used to satisfy the requirements of a Basic Mode
L1VPN.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Layer 1 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce