Subject: RFC 5221 on Requirements for Address Selection Mechanisms

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:06:24 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5221

        Title:      Requirements for Address Selection Mechanisms 
        Author:     A. Matsumoto, T. Fujisaki,
                    R. Hiromi, K. Kanayama
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       July 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 13732
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-addr-select-req-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5221.txt

There are some problematic cases when using the default address
selection mechanism that RFC 3484 defines.  This document describes
additional requirements that operate with RFC 3484 to solve the
problems.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce