Subject: IETF Nomination Committee Chair - 2008 - 2009

From: "Lynn St.Amour" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 19:49:18 -0400

One of the roles of the Internet Society (ISOC) President is to 
appoint the IETF Nominations Committee chair.   This is done through 
consultation with members of the IETF community.

It gives me great pleasure to announce  that Joel Halpern has agreed 
to serve as the 2008 IETF Nominations Committee chair.   Joel can be 
reached at  <[email-masked]>.

A Call for Nominations for this committee will be sent shortly to the 
IETF Announcement list; and a list of the IESG, IAB and IAOC seats to 
be filled will also be published.   Please give serious consideration 
to volunteering for the Nominations Committee as well as to possible 
candidates for the open positions.  In the interim, feel free to make 
your suggestions known to Joel, who will share them with the 
committee when it is seated.

Thank you in advance for your support and a sincere thank you to Joel 
for agreeing to take on this responsibility.   The NomCom process is 
an important undertaking for the IETF, and it is important that it 
have the support of the IETF community.

Regards,

Lynn St. Amour

President & CEO
Internet Society (ISOC)

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce