Subject: Document Action: 'Analysis of Inter-domain Label Switched Path (LSP) Recovery' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 09:39:23 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Analysis of Inter-domain Label Switched Path (LSP) Recovery '
   <draft-ietf-ccamp-inter-domain-recovery-analysis-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and David Ward.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-inter-domain-recovery-analysis-05.txt

Technical Summary

   Protection and recovery are important features of service offerings
   in Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS)
   networks. Increasingly, MPLS and GMPLS networks are being extended
   from single domain scope to multi-domain environments.

   Various schemes and processes have been developed to establish Label
   Switched Paths (LSPs) in multi-domain environments. These are
   discussed in RFC 4726: A Framework for Inter-Domain Multiprotocol
   Label Switching Traffic Engineering.

   This document analyzes the application of these techniques to
   protection and recovery in multi-domain networks. The main focus for
   this document is on establishing end-to-end diverse Traffic
   Engineering (TE) LSPs in multi-domain networks.

Working Group Summary

   I-D had good review and discussion in the CCAMP working group 
   doing its development. It has not had review in any wider forums,
   but none was deemed necessary or appropriate. Good consensus 
   within CCAMP reported. 

Document Quality

   This is an informational document that does not specify a protocol. 
   As such it is not subject to implementation. 

Personnel

   Deborah Brungard is the document shepherd. Ross Callon is the
   responsible AD.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce