Subject: RFC 5246 on The Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol Version 1.2

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 13:54:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5246

        Title:      The Transport Layer Security (TLS) 
                    Protocol Version 1.2 
        Author:     T. Dierks, E. Rescorla
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      104
        Characters: 222395
        Obsoletes:  RFC3268, RFC4346, RFC4366
        Updates:    RFC4492

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tls-rfc4346-bis-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5246.txt

This document specifies Version 1.2 of the Transport Layer Security
(TLS) protocol.  The TLS protocol provides communications security
over the Internet.  The protocol allows client/server applications to
communicate in a way that is designed to prevent eavesdropping,
tampering, or message forgery.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce