Subject: RFC 5296 on EAP Extensions for EAP Re-authentication Protocol (ERP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:28:08 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5296

        Title:      EAP Extensions for EAP Re-authentication 
                    Protocol (ERP) 
        Author:     V. Narayanan, L. Dondeti
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      43
        Characters: 98264
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-hokey-erx-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5296.txt

The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) is a generic framework
supporting multiple types of authentication methods.  In systems
where EAP is used for authentication, it is desirable to not repeat
the entire EAP exchange with another authenticator.  This document
specifies extensions to EAP and the EAP keying hierarchy to support
an EAP method-independent protocol for efficient re-authentication
between the peer and an EAP re-authentication server through any
authenticator.  The re-authentication server may be in the home
network or in the local network to which the peer is connecting.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Handover Keying Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce