Subject: Document Action: 'Presence & Instant Messaging Peering Use Cases' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:33:35 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Presence & Instant Messaging Peering Use Cases '
   <draft-ietf-speermint-consolidated-presence-im-usecases-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Session PEERing for Multimedia 
INTerconnect Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-speermint-consolidated-presence-im-usecases-05.txt

Technical Summary

The document describes several use cases of peering of non-VoIP services
between two or more Service Providers (SP). These Service Providers
create a peering relationship between themselves thus enabling their
users to collaborate with users on the other Service Provider network.
The target of the document is to drive requirements for peering between
domains that provide the non-VoIP based collaboration services and
presence and Instant Messaging (IM) in particular.

Working Group Summary

There is consensus in the WG to publish this document. WGLC was opened
on 21 May 2007, and closed on 5 June 2007. All changes suggested by the
WG have been made to this draft. A NITS review has also been performed
by our secretary, and those changes made as well. 

Document Quality

This document describes IM and Presence use cases for session peering.
They are intended to provide the basis for session peering requirements,
as well as a recommended best current practice architecture for session
peering.

Personnel

This document was reviewed for the IESG by Jon Peterson. The document
shepherd is Jason Livingood.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce