Subject: RFC 5292 on Address-Prefix-Based Outbound Route Filter for BGP-4

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 15:48:14 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5292

        Title:      Address-Prefix-Based Outbound Route Filter for 
                    BGP-4 
        Author:     E. Chen, S. Sangli
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 10429
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-orf-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5292.txt

This document defines a new Outbound Router Filter (ORF) type for
BGP, termed "Address Prefix Outbound Route Filter", that can be used
to perform address-prefix-based route filtering.  This ORF-type
supports prefix-length- or range-based matching, wild-card-based
address prefix matching, as well as the exact address prefix matching
for address families.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce