Subject: RFC 5289 on TLS Elliptic Curve Cipher Suites with SHA-256/384 and AES Galois Counter Mode (GCM)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 11:46:14 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5289

        Title:      TLS Elliptic Curve Cipher Suites 
                    with SHA-256/384 and AES Galois Counter 
                    Mode (GCM) 
        Author:     E. Rescorla
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       August 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 12195
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tls-ecc-new-mac-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5289.txt

RFC 4492 describes elliptic curve cipher suites for Transport Layer
Security (TLS).  However, all those cipher suites use HMAC-SHA-1 as
their Message Authentication Code (MAC) algorithm.  This document
describes sixteen new cipher suites for TLS that specify stronger MAC
algorithms.  Eight use Hashed Message Authentication Code (HMAC) with
SHA-256 or SHA-384, and eight use AES in Galois Counter Mode (GCM).  
This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce