Subject: Protocol Action: 'Guidelines for Specifying the Use of IPsec Version 2' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 13:54:13 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Guidelines for Specifying the Use of IPsec Version 2 '
   <draft-bellovin-useipsec-10.txt> as a BCP

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bellovin-useipsec-10.txt

Technical Summary

  The Security Considerations sections of many Internet Drafts say, in
  effect, "just use IPsec".  While this is sometimes correct, more often
  it will leave users without real, interoperable security mechanisms.
  This document offers some guidance on when IPsec should and should not
  be specified.

Working Group Summary

  This is an individual contribution, but it was posted to the SAAG mail
  list to obtain some review.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce