Subject: RFC 5282 on Using Authenticated Encryption Algorithms with the Encrypted Payload of the Internet Key Exchange version 2 (IKEv2) Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 11:45:28 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5282

        Title:      Using Authenticated Encryption Algorithms with 
                    the Encrypted Payload of the Internet 
                    Key Exchange version 2 (IKEv2) Protocol 
        Author:     D. Black, D. McGrew
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 42137
        Updates:    RFC4306

        I-D Tag:    draft-black-ipsec-ikev2-aead-modes-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5282.txt

An authenticated encryption algorithm combines encryption and
integrity into a single operation; such algorithms may also be
referred to as combined modes of an encryption cipher or as combined
mode algorithms.  This document describes the use of authenticated
encryption algorithms with the Encrypted Payload of the Internet Key
Exchange version 2 (IKEv2) protocol.

The use of two specific authenticated encryption algorithms with the
IKEv2 Encrypted Payload is also described; these two algorithms are
the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) in Galois/Counter Mode (AES
GCM) and AES in Counter with CBC-MAC Mode (AES CCM).  Additional
documents may describe the use of other authenticated encryption
algorithms with the IKEv2 Encrypted Payload.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce