Subject: Document Action: 'Media Gateway Control Protocol Fax Package' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 09:27:42 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Media Gateway Control Protocol Fax Package '
   <draft-andreasen-mgcp-fax-08.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-andreasen-mgcp-fax-08.txt

Technical Summary

   This document defines a Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) 
   package to support fax calls.  The package allows for fax calls to 
   be supported in two different ways.  The first one utilizes ITU-T 
   Recommendation T.38 for fax relay under the control of the Call 
   Agent.  The second one lets the gateway decide upon a method for fax 
   transmission as well as handle the details of the fax call without 
   Call Agent involvement.

Working Group Summary

   Not WG Document. 

Document Quality

   Joe Stone provided expert review.

Personnel

   Cullen Jennings is AD for this document. 

RFC Editor Note

Please change all occurrences of "whatever.net" to "example.net"

Section 2.5.2
OLD 
   The attribute "T38MaxBitRate" is incorrectly registered with IANA as
NEW
   The attribute "T38MaxBitRate" was once incorrectly registered with IANA
as

Section 2.1.2, 1st paragraph
OLD:
  However, in order to use any special fax
    handling, support for it MUST be negotiated with the other side by
    passing and recognizing relevant parameters via the
    LocalConnectionDescriptor and RemoteConnectionDescriptor.
NEW:
  However, in order to use any special fax
    handling, support for it MUST be negotiated with the other side by
    passing and recognizing relevant parameters via the
    LocalConnectionDescriptor and RemoteConnectionDescriptor (this
includes the use of RTP-based T.38).
                                                            
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Section 2.1.3, 1st paragraph
OLD:
  However, the gateway
 may still adjust local echo cancellation and/or switch to an
 alternative codec as needed (in particular, this does not preclude the
use of RTP-based T.38).
                           
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
NEW:
  However, the gateway
 may still adjust local echo cancellation and/or switch to an
 alternative codec as needed.

Section 6, beginning:
ADD:
  Changes since -08
     * RTP-based T.38 disassociated with the Off procedure and
       re-associated with the Gateway procedure. WARNING: This may
       impact existing Call Agent and Gateway RTP-based T.38
       implementations.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce