Subject: Protocol Action: 'Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Context EngineID Discovery' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 15:12:15 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Context EngineID Discovery '
   <draft-ietf-opsawg-snmp-engineid-discovery-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Operations and Management Area 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsawg-snmp-engineid-discovery-03.txt

Technical Summary

This document introduces a discovery mechanism which can be used to learn
the snmpEngineID of a remote SNMP protocol engine. The proposed mechanism
is independent of the features provided by SNMP security models. The
mechanism has been designed to co-exist with discovery mechanisms that may
exist in SNMP security models, such as the authoritative engine identifier
discovery of the User-based Security
Model (USM) of SNMP [RFC3414].

Working Group Summary

A number of issues were brought up during WGLC and have been
resolved.

Document Quality

The document was reviewed and received a number of comments during WGLC
and IETF LC from Bert Wijnen, Randy Presuhn, David Harrington and Bob
Natale. Brian Carpenter performed the GenART review. 

Personnel

Scott Bradner is the document shepherd, Dan Romascanu is the responsible
Area Director.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce