Subject: Protocol Action: 'Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) for Route Exclusions' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 17:04:10 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol 
   (PCEP) for Route Exclusions '
   <draft-ietf-pce-pcep-xro-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Path Computation Element Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and David Ward.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-xro-06.txt

Technical Summary

   The PCE Communication Protocol (PCEP) is designed as a communication
   protocol between PCCs and PCEs. This document presents PCEP
   extensions for route exclusions.

   The Path Computation Element (PCE) provides functions of path
   computation in support of traffic engineering in Multi-Protocol
   Label Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks.

   When a Path Computation Client (PCC) requests a PCE for a route, it
   may be useful for the PCC to specify, as constraints to the path
   computation, abstract nodes, resources, and Shared Risk Link Groups
   (SRLGs) that are to be explicitly excluded from the computed route.
   Such constraints are termed route exclusions.

Working Group Summary

   The document has been discussed and reviewed by several key WG
   members. Good consensus reported within the WG. No review by non
   WG members that has been considered necessary. The solution 
   specified in this document has a good support in the WG, and
   satisfies a well specified requirement for the PCEP protocol   
   (RFC4657).

Document Quality

   There is one known implementation of this document with several  
   other unknown implementations. An interoperability event (ISOCRE)
   with multiple implementations is planned.

Personnel

   JP Vasseur is the document shepherd. Ross Callon is the responsible
   AD.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce