Subject: Protocol Action: 'Management Event Management Information Base (MIB) for PacketCable- and IPCablecom-Compliant Devices' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 15:14:18 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Management Event Management Information Base (MIB) for PacketCable- 
   and IPCablecom-Compliant Devices '
   <draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-eventmess-14.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP over Cable Data Network Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-eventmess-14.txt

Technical Summary
 
This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB) 
for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.  
In particular, it defines a basic set of managed objects for Simple 
Network Management Protocol (SNMP)-based management of events that 
can be generated by PacketCable- and IPCablecom-compliant Multimedia 
Terminal Adapter devices. 
 
Working Group Summary
 
This document represents the WG consensus as a whole: the WG as a whole
understands and agrees with it.
 
Protocol Quality
 
Dan Romascanu reviewed the document for the IESG. David Harrington
reviewed it as MIB Doctors, and the MIB Doctor team debated some of the
aspects of his review. Pasi Eronen performed the GenART review. 

The MIB module defined in this document is based on the original
PacketCable 1.5 Management Event MIB. The WG expectation is that CableLabs
will require implementation of the final (RFC) version of this
internet-draft for PacketCable 2.0 certified user equipment.

The ETSI "AT Working Group Digital" has also indicated their interest in
publication of this internet-draft as an RFC.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce