Subject: RFC 5284 on User-Defined Errors for RSVP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:27:28 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5284

        Title:      User-Defined Errors for RSVP 
        Author:     G. Swallow, A. Farrel
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 17452
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-user-error-spec-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5284.txt

The Resource ReserVation Protocol (RSVP) defines an ERROR_SPEC object
for communicating errors.  That object has a defined format that
permits the definition of 256 error codes.  As RSVP has been
developed and extended, the convention has been to be conservative in
defining new error codes.  Further, no provision for user-defined
errors exists in RSVP.

This document defines a USER_ERROR_SPEC to be used in addition to the
ERROR_SPEC to carry additional user information related to errors.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce