Subject: BCP 141, RFC 5342 on IANA Considerations and IETF Protocol Usage for IEEE 802 Parameters

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:58:52 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 141        
        RFC 5342

        Title:      IANA Considerations and IETF Protocol 
                    Usage for IEEE 802 Parameters 
        Author:     D. Eastlake 3rd.
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       September 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 42800
        Updates:    RFC2153
        See Also:   BCP0141

        I-D Tag:    draft-eastlake-ethernet-iana-considerations-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5342.txt

Some IETF protocols make use of Ethernet frame formats and IEEE 802
parameters.  This document discusses some use of such parameters in
IETF protocols and specifies IANA considerations for allocation of
code points under the IANA OUI (Organizationally Unique Identifier).
This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce