Subject: RFC 5263 on Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Extension for Partial Notification of Presence Information

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:57:47 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5263

        Title:      Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Extension 
                    for Partial Notification of Presence Information 
        Author:     M. Lonnfors, J. Costa-Requena,
                    E. Leppanen, H. Khartabil
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 32556
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-simple-partial-notify-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5263.txt

By default, presence delivered using the presence event package for
the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is represented in the Presence
Information Data Format (PIDF).  A PIDF document contains a set of
elements, each representing a different aspect of the presence being
reported.  When any subset of the elements change, even just a single
element, a new document containing the full set of elements is
delivered.  This memo defines an extension allowing delivery of only
the presence data that has actually changed.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce