Subject: RFC 5262 on Presence Information Data Format (PIDF) Extension for Partial Presence

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:57:31 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5262

        Title:      Presence Information Data Format (PIDF) 
                    Extension for Partial Presence 
        Author:     M. Lonnfors, E. Leppanen,
                    H. Khartabil, J. Urpalainen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 28527
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-simple-partial-pidf-format-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5262.txt

The Presence Information Document Format (PIDF) specifies the
baseline XML-based format for describing presence information.  One
of the characteristics of the PIDF is that the document always needs
to carry all presence information available for the presentity.  In
some environments where low bandwidth and high latency links can
exist, it is often beneficial to limit the amount of transported
information over the network.  This document introduces a new MIME
type that enables transporting of either only the changed parts or
the full PIDF-based presence information.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce