Subject: RFC 5327 on Licklider Transmission Protocol - Security Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 14:07:38 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5327

        Title:      Licklider Transmission Protocol - Security 
                    Extensions 
        Author:     S. Farrell, M. Ramadas,
                    S. Burleigh
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       September 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 23269
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-extensions-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5327.txt

The Licklider Transmission Protocol (LTP) is intended to serve as a
reliable convergence layer over single-hop deep-space radio frequency
(RF) links.  LTP does Automatic Repeat reQuest (ARQ) of data
transmissions by soliciting selective-acknowledgment reception
reports.  It is stateful and has no negotiation or handshakes.  This
document describes security extensions to LTP, and is part of a
series of related documents describing LTP.

This document is a product of the Delay Tolerant Networking Research
Group and has been reviewed by that group.  No objections to its
publication as an RFC were raised.  This memo defines an Experimental 
Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the IRTF Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce