Subject: Protocol Action: 'Indicating Support for Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 13:49:25 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Indicating Support for Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) in
 
   the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) '
   <draft-ietf-sip-ice-option-tag-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Jon Peterson.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-ice-option-tag-02.txt

Technical summary. 

This specification defines a media feature tag and an option tag for use
with the 
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP). The media feature tag allows a UA to
communicate to 
its registrar that it supports ICE. The option tag allows a User Agent
(UA) to require 
support for ICE in order for a call to proceed. 

Working group summary. 

There is consensus in the working group to publish this document. The
document came 
about as a result of discussions in the IETF MMUSIC working group to
progress draft- 
ietf-mmusic-ice. 

Document Quality 

There has been no indication of implementation of this specific draft.
There are known 
implementations of earlier versions of draft-ietf-mmusic-ice. 

Personnel 

The document shepherd for this document was Keith Drage. The responsible
Area Director 
was Cullen Jennings.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce