Subject: RFC 5337 on Internationalized Delivery Status and Disposition Notifications

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 17:07:46 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5337

        Title:      Internationalized Delivery Status and Disposition 
                    Notifications 
        Author:     C. Newman, A. Melnikov, Ed.
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       September 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 36324
        Updates:    RFC3461, RFC3464, RFC3798

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-eai-dsn-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5337.txt

Delivery status notifications (DSNs) are critical to the correct
operation of an email system.  However, the existing Draft Standards
(RFC 3461, RFC 3462, RFC 3464) are presently limited to US-ASCII text
in the machine-readable portions of the protocol.  This specification
adds a new address type for international email addresses so an
original recipient address with non-US-ASCII characters can be
correctly preserved even after downgrading.  This also provides
updated content return media types for delivery status notifications
and message disposition notifications to support use of the new
address type.

This document experimentally extends RFC 3461, RFC 3464, and RFC
3798.  This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet
community.

This document is a product of the Email Address Internationalization Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce