Subject: Nomcom nominations

From: NomCom Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 14:20:48 -0700 (PDT)

Since there were some tools issues, I am sending out an additional call
for nominees.  The nomcom needs your participation as a candidate, or as a
proposer of candidates.
The list of open positions can be found at:
    http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/08
That site includes tools for providing both nominations and feedback.

I apologize to those who tried to use the tools there and had
difficulties.  The links have been fixed.
Also, the notice to nominees was wrong.  It omitted a necessary request
for confirmation of willingness to serve, and suggested that the
questionnaire currently available should be filled out.
We need to know if folks are willing to serve.
And the questionnaires on the web site are last years.  We are in the
process of updating those, and will let everyone know when the correct
questionnaire is available.
the correct response message is reproduced below so everyone knows what we
are syaing to folks who are nominated.

Again, my apology for the confusion,
Joel M. Halpern
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

You have been nominated for the position of _(position)s.

The NomCom would appreciate receiving an acknowledgment from
you, confirming that you have been made aware of this nomination,
and also an indication of whether or not you accept to stand as
a candidate for this position.

If you accept, you will need to fill out a questionnaire.  The
questionnaire is still being finalized.  You will be notified when it is
available.  The deadline for responding will be Oct 10, 2008.
Thank you.

Best regards,

	Joel M. Halpern
	for the NomCom 2008-9
        [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce