Subject: ML-DNS Appeal Response

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 10:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has received an appeal from JFC Morfin. The title of this
appeal is "Appeal to the IESG Concerning the Way At Large Internet Lead
Users Are Not Permitted to Adequately Contribute to the IETF
Deliverables". The text of this appeal can be found at the following URL:

http://www.ietf.org/IESG/APPEALS/appeal-morfin-ml-dns.pdf

The claim presented in Section 4.1 of the appeal is rejected. It is
rejected because it does not identify a specific WG decision or
action that the appellant wishes to have reversed or remedied.
Therefore, the claim is not actionable.

The claim presented in Section 4.2 of the appeal is rejected. It is
rejected because it does not identify a specific WG decision or
action that the appellant wishes to have reversed or remedied.
Therefore, the claim is not actionable.

The claim presented in Section 4.3 of the appeal is rejected. It is
rejected because it does not identify a specific WG decision or
action that the appellant wishes to have reversed or remedied.
Therefore, the claim is not actionable.

Although the appeal does not specifically recommend any remedial action,
it strongly encourages the IETF to initiate some work. The appellant is
directed to RFC 2418 for instructions on how to initiate work in the IETF.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce