Subject: Re: Informational RFC to be: draft-touch-msword-template-v2.0-07.txt

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 09:57:48 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'Version 2.0 Microsoft 
Word Template for Creating Internet Drafts and RFCs' 
<draft-touch-msword-template-v2.0-07.txt> as an Informational RFC. 

The IESG would also like the RFC-Editor to review the comments in the 
datatracker 
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=12581&rfc_flag=0)
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit 
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot 
and the comment log. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-touch-msword-template-v2.0-07.txt

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html.

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

  This document describes the properties and use of a revised Microsoft
  Word template (.dot) for writing Internet Drafts and RFCs. It updates
  the initial template described in RFC 3285 to more fully support
  Word's outline modes and to be easier to use. This template can be
  direct-printed and direct-viewed, where either is line-for-line
  identical with RFC Editor-compliant ASCII output. This version is
  intended as an update to RFC3285.

Working Group Summary

  This document is not the product of any IETF WG.

Protocol Quality

  The documents were reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

RFC Editor Note

  The IESG has not found any conflict between this document and IETF
  work.

  The IESG believes that this document will obsolete RFC 3285, instead
  of updating it.

IESG Note

  This RFC is not a candidate for any level of Internet Standard.
  The IETF disclaims any knowledge of the fitness of this RFC for
  any purpose and notes that the decision to publish is not based on
  IETF review apart from IESG review for conflict with IETF work.
  The RFC Editor has chosen to publish this document at its
  discretion.  See RFC 3932 for more information.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce