Subject: RFC 5196 on Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) User Agent Capability Extension to Presence Information Data Format (PIDF)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:56:52 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5196

        Title:      Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) User 
                    Agent Capability Extension to Presence Information 
                    Data Format (PIDF) 
        Author:     M. Lonnfors, K. Kiss
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 58488
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-simple-prescaps-ext-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5196.txt

Presence Information Data Format (PIDF) defines a common presence
data format for Common Profile for Presence (CPP) compliant presence
protocols.  This memo defines a PIDF extension to represent SIP User
Agent capabilities.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce