Subject: RFC 5371 on RTP Payload Format for JPEG 2000 Video Streams

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 09:47:03 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5371

        Title:      RTP Payload Format for JPEG 
                    2000 Video Streams 
        Author:     S. Futemma, E. Itakura, A. Leung
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 62655
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rtp-jpeg2000-20.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5371.txt

This memo describes an RTP payload format for the ISO/IEC
International Standard 15444-1 | ITU-T Rec. T.800, better known as
JPEG 2000.  JPEG 2000 features are considered in the design of this
payload format.  JPEG 2000 is a truly scalable compression technology
allowing applications to encode once and decode many different ways.
The JPEG 2000 video stream is formed by extending from a single image
to a series of JPEG 2000 images.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce