Subject: RFC 5346 on Operational Requirements for ENUM-Based Softswitch Use

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 13:34:30 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5346

        Title:      Operational Requirements for ENUM-Based Softswitch 
                    Use 
        Author:     J. Lim, W. Kim,
                    C. Park, L. Conroy
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 31050
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-enum-softswitch-req-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5346.txt

This document describes experiences of operational requirements and
several considerations for ENUM-based softswitches concerning call
routing between two Korean Voice over IP (VoIP) carriers, gained
during the ENUM pre-commercial trial hosted by the National Internet
Development Agency of Korea (NIDA) in 2006.

These experiences show that an interim solution can maintain the
stability of ongoing commercial softswitch system operations during
the initial stage of ENUM service, where the DNS does not have
sufficient data for the majority of calls.  This memo provides 
information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Telephone Number Mapping Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce