Subject: Last Call: draft-housley-iesg-rfc3932bis (IESG Procedures for Handling of Independent and IRTF Stream Submissions) to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 08:02:00 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:

- 'IESG Procedures for Handling of Independent and IRTF Stream 
   Submissions '
   <draft-housley-iesg-rfc3932bis-04.txt> as a BCP

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2008-11-18. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

We would also like to draw your attention to two documents that are
referenced normatively. The first one, RFC 4844, defines the current RFC
streams, and it was felt that this RFC should be a normative reference
despite its classification as Informational.

The second reference, draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates, is a
document that the IAB will shortly send for public review and eventual
publication as an RFC. It is a companion document to draft-housley;
the clear indication of the source of an RFC eliminates the need for a
mandatory IESG note on all Independent Submission and IRTF Stream
documents.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-housley-iesg-rfc3932bis-04.txt

Differences to RFC 3932 can be found here:
http://www.arkko.com/ietf/iesg/rfc3932bisdiff.html

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=17615&rfc_flag=0

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce