Subject: RFC 5302 on Domain-Wide Prefix Distribution with Two-Level IS-IS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 13:31:38 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5302

        Title:      Domain-Wide Prefix Distribution with Two-Level 
                    IS-IS 
        Author:     T. Li, H. Smit,
                    T. Przygienda
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 36742
        Obsoletes:  RFC2966
        Updates:    RFC1195

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-rfc2966bis-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5302.txt

This document describes extensions to the Intermediate System to
Intermediate System (IS-IS) protocol to support optimal routing
within a two-level domain.  The IS-IS protocol is specified in ISO
10589, with extensions for supporting IPv4 (Internet Protocol)
specified in RFC 1195.  This document replaces RFC 2966.

This document extends the semantics presented in RFC 1195 so that a
routing domain running with both level 1 and level 2 Intermediate
Systems (IS) (routers) can distribute IP prefixes between level 1 and
level 2, and vice versa.  This distribution requires certain
restrictions to ensure that persistent forwarding loops do not form.
The goal of this domain-wide prefix distribution is to increase the
granularity of the routing information within the domain.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce