Subject: RFC 5305 on IS-IS Extensions for Traffic Engineering

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 13:32:44 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5305

        Title:      IS-IS Extensions for Traffic Engineering 
        Author:     T. Li, H. Smit
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 35313
        Obsoletes:  RFC3784

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-te-bis-00.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5305.txt

This document describes extensions to the Intermediate System to
Intermediate System (IS-IS) protocol to support Traffic Engineering
(TE).  This document extends the IS-IS protocol by specifying new
information that an Intermediate System (router) can place in Link
State Protocol Data Units (LSP).  This information describes
additional details regarding the state of the network that are useful
for traffic engineering computations.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce