Subject: RFC 5347 on Media Gateway Control Protocol Fax Package

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 15:00:10 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5347

        Title:      Media Gateway Control Protocol Fax 
                    Package 
        Author:     F. Andreasen, D. Hancock
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      46
        Characters: 86532
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-andreasen-mgcp-fax-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5347.txt

This document defines a Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP)
package to support fax calls.  The package allows for fax calls to
be supported in two different ways.  The first one utilizes ITU-T
Recommendation T.38 for fax relay under the control of the Call
Agent.  The second one lets the gateway decide upon a method for fax
transmission as well as handle the details of the fax call without
Call Agent involvement.  This memo provides information for the Internet 
community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce