Subject: RFC 5372 on Payload Format for JPEG 2000 Video: Extensions for Scalability and Main Header Recovery

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 09:47:26 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5372

        Title:      Payload Format for JPEG 2000 
                    Video: Extensions for Scalability and Main 
                    Header Recovery 
        Author:     A. Leung, S. Futemma, E. Itakura
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 53150
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rtp-jpeg2000-beam-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5372.txt

This memo describes extended uses for the payload header in "RTP
Payload Format for JPEG 2000 Video Streams" as specified in RFC 5371,
for better support of JPEG 2000 features such as scalability and main
header recovery.

This memo must be accompanied with a complete implementation of "RTP
Payload Format for JPEG 2000 Video Streams".  That document is a
complete description of the payload header and signaling, this
document only describes additional processing for the payload header.
There is an additional media type and Session Description Protocol
(SDP) marker signaling for implementations of this document.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce