Subject: Call for Comments: On RFC Streams, Headers, and Boilerplates

From: IAB Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 03:00:26 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Colleagues,

The IAB intends to publish the following document and invites any
comments you might have:

  "On RFC Streams, Headers, and Boilerplates"
   draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates-03 [1]

Abstract

RFC documents contain a number of fixed elements such as the title
page header, standard boilerplates and copyright/IPR statements. This
document describes them and introduces some updates to reflect current
usage and requirements of RFC publication. In particular, this updated
structure is intended to communicate clearly the source of RFC
creation and review.

Note that with the clear indication of the source of an RFC eliminates
the need for a mandatory IESG note on all Independent Submission and
IRTF Stream documents disappears. The implications of this are
addressed by 'IESG Procedures for Handling of Independent and IRTF
Stream Submissions ' (<draft-housley-iesg-rfc3932bis-04.txt>[2]) which is
in "IETF last call" currently.

Please provide your feedback before November 14, 2008

For the IAB,

--Olaf Kolkman

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates
[2] http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-housley-iesg-rfc3932bis
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce