Subject: Document Action: 'IPv6 Unicast Address Assignment Considerations' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 09:40:25 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IPv6 Unicast Address Assignment Considerations '
   <draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon-10.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ron Bonica and Dan Romascanu.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon-10.txt

Technical Summary: 
 the abstract reads:

 One fundamental aspect of any IP communications infrastructure is its
 addressing plan. With its new address architecture and allocation
 policies, the introduction of IPv6 into a network means that network
 designers and operators need to reconsider their existing
 approaches to network addressing. Lack of guidelines on handling this
 aspect of network design could slow down the deployment and 
 integration of IPv6. This document aims to provide the information and
 recommendations relevant to planning the addressing aspects of IPv6
 deployments. The document also provides IPv6 addressing case
 studies for both an enterprise and an ISP network.

Working Group Summary: 

Working group consensus behind this document was strong. The document
cleared a WG last call in late 2007.

Document Quality: 

 This is not a protocol. However, its recommendations are indeed
 widely implemented; it documents practice.

Personnel

Fred Baker is WG chair.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce