Subject: RFC 5309 on Point-to-Point Operation over LAN in Link State Routing Protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 13:34:16 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5309

        Title:      Point-to-Point Operation over LAN in 
                    Link State Routing Protocols 
        Author:     N. Shen, Ed.,
                    A. Zinin, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 21287
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-igp-p2p-over-lan-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5309.txt

The two predominant circuit types used by link state routing
protocols are point-to-point and broadcast.  It is important to
identify the correct circuit type when forming adjacencies,
flooding link state database packets, and representing the circuit
topologically.  This document describes a simple mechanism to treat
the broadcast network as a point-to-point connection from the
standpoint of IP routing.  This memo provides information for the 
Internet community.

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce