Subject: Protocol Action: 'Multicast Extensions to the Security Architecture for the Internet Protocol' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 10:49:00 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Multicast Extensions to the Security Architecture for the Internet 
   Protocol '
   <draft-ietf-msec-ipsec-extensions-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multicast Security Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Tim Polk and Pasi Eronen.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-msec-ipsec-extensions-09.txt

Technical Summary
 
  This document describes extensions to RFC 4301 that further define
   the IPsec security architecture for groups of IPsec devices to
   share SAs. In particular, it supports SAs with traffic selectors
   that include a multicast address in the IP destination field, and
   results in an IPsec packet with an IP multicast address in the IP
   destination field. It also describes additional semantics for IPsec
   Group Key Management (GKM) subsystems. Note that this document uses
   the term "GKM protocol" generically and therefore it does not
   assume a particular GKM protocol.
 
Working Group Summary
 
  This document is a product of the Multicast Security Working Group.  
  The specification was not controversial.
 
Protocol Quality
 
  This specification was reviewed for the IESG by Tim Polk.  The WG
  solicited and received reviews from active participants from the
  IPSEC WG.  The WG is not aware of any existing implementations.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce