Subject: Re: Informational RFC to be: draft-munakata-sip-privacy-guideline-04.txt

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 15:27:58 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'Guidelines for Using the 
Privacy Mechanism for SIP' <draft-munakata-sip-privacy-guideline-04.txt> 
as an Informational RFC. 

The IESG would also like the IRSG or RFC-Editor to review the comments in 
the datatracker 
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=16132&rfc_flag=0) 
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit 
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot 
and the comment log. 

The IESG contact person is Jon Peterson.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-munakata-sip-privacy-guideline-04.txt

The process for such documents is described at http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html.

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

This document provides guidelines for the use of the privacy mechanisms
in RFC3233 in light of subsequent protocol developments, such as the
addition of new SIP headers that might expose private information. 

Working Group Summary

This document received review and discussion in the SIP WG, but in order
to lighten the workload of that group it was advanced as an individual
submission.

Document Quality

This document was reviewed for RFC3932 conflicts by Jon Peterson. Mary
Barnes reviewed this document for the SIP WG prior to submission via
RFC-Editor. Joel Halpern reviewed the document for the RFC-Editor. David
Black reviewed this document for Gen-ART.

Personnel

Jon Peterson is the document shepherd.

RFC Editor Note

The IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in the SIP
WG, but this does not prevent publishing.

IESG Note

  This RFC is not a candidate for any level of Internet Standard.
  The IETF disclaims any knowledge of the fitness of this RFC for
  any purpose and in particular notes that the decision to publish
  is not based on IETF review for such things as security,
  congestion control, or inappropriate interaction with deployed
  protocols.  The RFC Editor has chosen to publish this document at
  its discretion.  Readers of this document should exercise caution
  in evaluating its value for implementation and deployment.  See
  RFC 3932 for more information.

IANA Note

  (Insert IANA Note here or remove section)

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce