Subject: Protocol Action: 'The PIM Join Attribute Format' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 15:27:33 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The PIM Join Attribute Format '
   <draft-ietf-pim-join-attributes-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Protocol Independent Multicast 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are David Ward and Ross Callon.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-join-attributes-06.txt

Technical Summary

   It is sometimes convenient to add additional information to PIM join
   messages.  The generic PIM encoding format is not always optimal to
   do this.  This document defines a new field in the PIM Join message
   that allows it to use TLVs, hereby called the attribute field.  The
   content and purpose of this attribute field is outside the scope of
   this document, only the generic encoding format is described here.

Working Group Summary

   This transitioned to being a PS document after re-lastcalling w/ the
WG and IETF.

Document Quality

 There are multiple implementations of TLVs in PIM joins.

Personnel

   Dave Ward

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce