Subject: RFC 5381 on Experience of Implementing NETCONF over SOAP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 15:25:20 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5381

        Title:      Experience of Implementing NETCONF over 
                    SOAP 
        Author:     T. Iijima, Y. Atarashi,
                    H. Kimura, M. Kitani,
                    H. Okita
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 47724
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iijima-netconf-soap-implementation-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5381.txt

This document describes how the authors developed a SOAP (Simple
Object Access Protocol)-based NETCONF (Network Configuration
Protocol) client and server.  It describes an alternative SOAP
binding for NETCONF that does not interoperate with an RFC 4743
conformant implementation making use of cookies on top of the
persistent transport connections of HTTP.  When SOAP is used as a
transport protocol for NETCONF, various kinds of development tools
are available.  By making full use of these tools, developers can
significantly reduce their workload.  The authors developed an NMS
(Network Management System) and network equipment that can deal with
NETCONF messages sent over SOAP.  This document aims to provide
NETCONF development guidelines gained from the experience of
implementing a SOAP-based NETCONF client and server.  This memo 
provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce