Subject: RFC 5322 on Internet Message Format

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 16:15:50 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5322

        Title:      Internet Message Format 
        Author:     P. Resnick, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      57
        Characters: 122322
        Obsoletes:  RFC2822
        Updates:    RFC4021

        I-D Tag:    draft-resnick-2822upd-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5322.txt

This document specifies the Internet Message Format (IMF), a syntax
for text messages that are sent between computer users, within the
framework of "electronic mail" messages.  This specification is a
revision of Request For Comments (RFC) 2822, which itself superseded
Request For Comments (RFC) 822, "Standard for the Format of ARPA
Internet Text Messages", updating it to reflect current practice and
incorporating incremental changes that were specified in other RFCs. 
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Draft Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce