Subject: Protocol Action: 'Textual Representation of AS Numbers' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:08:47 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Textual Representation of AS Numbers '
   <draft-ietf-idr-as-representation-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are David Ward and Ross Callon.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-as-representation-01.txt

Technical Summary

 A textual representation for Autonomous System (AS) numbers is
   defined as the decimal value of the AS Number.  This textual
   representation is to be used by all documents, systems and user
   interfaces referring to AS numbers.

  asplain
      refers to a syntax scheme of representing all AS numbers using
      decimal integer notation.  Using asplain notation an AS number of
      value 65526 would be represented as the string "65526" and an AS
      number of value 65546 would be represented as the string "65546".

Working Group Summary

   It was readily accepted.

Document Quality

  No issues

Personnel

   Dave Ward

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce