Subject: Last Call: draft-ietf-sip-session-policy-framework (A Framework for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Session Policies) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 07:00:52 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has received a request from the Session Initiation Protocol WG 
(sip) to consider the following document:

- 'A Framework for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Session Policies '
   <draft-ietf-sip-session-policy-framework-05.txt> 
   as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. The framework described in this
specification is designed such that SIP call control elements, including
proxies and SBCs, can assert policy to control session policies such as
what codecs an UA is allowed to use for a given session, amount of
bandwidth allowed, and to "steer" the media through particular relay
points. If people feel this draft is not an appropriate framework to solve
theses problems for SIP sessions, or feel that alternative mechanisms 
other than the types contemplated in this framework need to be 
developed, the IESG would like to receive comments on that. Please send
substantive comments to the [email-masked] mailing lists by 2008-12-05. 
Exceptionally, comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either
case, please retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated 
sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-session-policy-framework-05.txt
IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=15389&rfc_flag=0

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce