Subject: RFC 5376 on Inter-AS Requirements for the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCECP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 13:41:34 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5376

        Title:      Inter-AS Requirements for the Path 
                    Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCECP) 
        Author:     N. Bitar, R. Zhang, K. Kumaki
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       November 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 33114
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-interas-pcecp-reqs-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5376.txt

Multiprotocol Label Switching Traffic Engineered (MPLS TE) Label
Switched Paths (LSPs) may be established wholly within an Autonomous
System (AS) or may cross AS boundaries.

The Path Computation Element (PCE) is a component that is capable of
computing constrained paths for (G)MPLS TE LSPs.  The PCE Communication Protocol (PCECP) is defined to allow communication between Path Computation Clients (PCCs) and PCEs, as well as between PCEs.
The PCECP is used to request constrained paths and to supply computed
paths in response.  Generic requirements for the PCECP are set out in
"Path Computation Element (PCE) Communication Protocol Generic
Requirements", RFC 4657.  This document extends those requirements to
cover the use of PCECP in support of inter-AS MPLS TE.  This memo provides 
information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce