Subject: Document Action: 'Using the Boneh-Franklin and Boneh-Boyen identity-based Encryption Algorithms with the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:03:31 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Using the Boneh-Franklin and Boneh-Boyen identity-based Encryption 
   Algorithms with the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) '
   <draft-ietf-smime-bfibecms-10.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Tim Polk and Pasi Eronen.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-bfibecms-10.txt

Technical Summary
 
This document describes the conventions for using the Boneh-Franklin (BF)
and Boneh-Boyen (BB1) identity-based encryption algorithms in the
Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) to encrypt content-encryption keys.
Object identifiers and the convention for encoding a recipient's identity
are also defined.
 
Working Group Summary
 
This document is a product of the S/MIME Working Group.  There was
very little public discussion about this draft. During WG last call
comments were raised and addressed, and after last call some nits
were addressed.
 
Protocol Quality
 
Tim Polk reviewed this document for the IESG.  At least one
implementation of this protocol exists; additional vendors have not
expressed an intention to implement this protocol.

Note to RFC Editor
 
  Please note that Intended Status should be Informational, not Standards
Track.
  (The document header asserted Standards track.)

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce