Subject: Second Last Call: draft-ietf-smime-sha2 (Using SHA2 Algorithms

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 08:55:38 -0800 (PST)

with  Cryptographic Message Syntax) to Proposed Standard 
Reply-to: [email-masked]
CC: <[email-masked]>

The IESG has received a request from the S/MIME Mail Security WG (smime)
to consider the following document:

- 'Using SHA2 Algorithms with Cryptographic Message Syntax '
   <draft-ietf-smime-sha2-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2008-11-27. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

This is the second Last Call for this specification.  After completion of
IETF Last Call, the working group decided to simplify the encoding of
parameters which changes the bits on the wire.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-sha2-09.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=16033&rfc_flag=0

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce