Subject: RFC 5374 on Multicast Extensions to the Security Architecture for the Internet Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 14:17:16 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5374

        Title:      Multicast Extensions to the Security 
                    Architecture for the Internet Protocol 
        Author:     B. Weis, G. Gross, D. Ignjatic
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       November 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      38
        Characters: 87729
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-msec-ipsec-extensions-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5374.txt

The Security Architecture for the Internet Protocol describes
security services for traffic at the IP layer.  That architecture
primarily defines services for Internet Protocol (IP) unicast
packets.  This document describes how the IPsec security services
are applied to IP multicast packets.  These extensions are relevant
only for an IPsec implementation that supports multicast.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multicast Security Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce