Subject: Document Action: 'Suite B Profile for Transport Layer Security (TLS)' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 14:52:27 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Suite B Profile for Transport Layer Security (TLS) '
   <draft-rescorla-tls-suiteb-11.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rescorla-tls-suiteb-11.txt

Technical Summary

   The United States Government has published guidelines for
    "NSA Suite B Cryptography", which defines cryptographic
    algorithm policy for national security applications. This
    document defines a profile of TLS which is conformant with
    Suite B.

Working Group Summary

    This document is not the product of any IETF working group.

Document Quality

    This document explains the requirements for a TLS implementation
    to be considered "Suite B conformant". There is strong consensus
    from the people that are defining that term.

Personnel

   Russ Housley is the Document Shepherd.  Tim Polk is the 
   Responsible Area Director.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce