Subject: Document Action: 'A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 12:17:00 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) '
   <draft-ietf-sip-hitchhikers-guide-06.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Jon Peterson.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-hitchhikers-guide-06.txt

Technical summary.

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is the subject of numerous
specifications that  have been produced by the IETF.  It can be
difficult to locate the right document, or  even to determine the
set of Request for Comments (RFC) about SIP.  This specification 
serves as a guide to the SIP RFC series.  It lists the specifications
under the SIP umbrella, briefly summarizes each, and groups 
them into categories.

Working group summary.

There is strong consensus in the working group to publish this document.

Document Quality

This document is a summary or compendium of the IETF publications
relating to SIP, and  as such, contains no requirements or RFC 2119 
language, and as such there is no  requirement for implementation 
of this document. The document underwent thorough review by a 
number of experts in both working group last call, and through the
RAI area review process.

It should be noted that once published as an RFC, this is a document that
will need to be regularly revised, as and when sufficient new SIP material
is published to justify a new version.

Personnel

The document shepherd for this document was Keith Drage. The responsible
Area Director was Douglas Adams with some procedural mistakes  from 
Cullen Jennings.

RFC Editor Note

OLD
   Core:  The essential SIP specifications that are expected to be
      utilized for every session or registration.
NEW
   Core:  The SIP specifications that are expected to be
      utilized for a wide variety of sessions or registrations.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce