Subject: Document Action: 'Improved Extensible Authentication Protocol Method for 3rd Generation Authentication and Key Agreement (EAP-AKA')' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 12:24:00 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Improved Extensible Authentication Protocol Method for 3rd Generation 
   Authentication and Key Agreement (EAP-AKA') '
   <draft-arkko-eap-aka-kdf-10.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arkko-eap-aka-kdf-10.txt

Technical Summary

  This specification defines a new EAP method, EAP-AKA', a small
  revision of the EAP-AKA method.  The change is a new key derivation
  function that binds the keys derived within the method to the name of
  the access network.  The new key derivation mechanism has been defined
  in 3GPP.  This specification allows its use in EAP in an interoperable
  manner.  In addition, EAP-AKA' employs SHA-256 instead of SHA-1.

Working Group Summary

  This document is not the product of any IETF WG.  However, it has been
  discussed in 3GPP SA3 group.

Protocol Quality

  Several reviews have been obtained.

  The document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce