Subject: Document Action: 'A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 07:23:28 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) '
   <draft-ietf-sip-hitchhikers-guide-06.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Jon Peterson.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-hitchhikers-guide-06.txt

Technical Summary

   Relevant content can frequently be found in the abstract
   and/or introduction of the document.  If not, this may be 
   an indication that there are deficiencies in the abstract
   or introduction.

Working Group Summary

   Was there anything in the WG process that is worth noting?
   For example, was there controversy about particular points 
   or were there decisions where the consensus was
   particularly rough? 

Document Quality

   Are there existing implementations of the protocol?  Have a 
   significant number of vendors indicated their plan to
   implement the specification?  Are there any reviewers that
   merit special mention as having done a thorough review,
   e.g., one that resulted in important changes or a
   conclusion that the document had no substantive issues?  If
   there was a MIB Doctor, Media Type, or other Expert Review,
   what was its course (briefly)?  In the case of a Media Type
   Review, on what date was the request posted?

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Who is the 
   Responsible Area Director?  If the document requires IANA
   experts(s), insert 'The IANA Expert(s) for the registries
   in this document are <TO BE ADDED BY THE AD>.'

RFC Editor Note

OLD
   Core:  The essential SIP specifications that are expected to be
      utilized for every session or registration.
NEW
   Core:  The SIP specifications that are expected to be
      utilized for a wide variety of sessions or registrations.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce