Subject: Last Call: draft-ietf-6man-reserved-iids (Reserved IPv6 Interface Identifiers) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 06:37:57 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to 
consider the following document:

- 'Reserved IPv6 Interface Identifiers '
   <draft-ietf-6man-reserved-iids-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2008-11-20. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-reserved-iids-01.txt

Note the following minor edits from AD review that cannot be submitted
while the I-D submissions are closed at this time:

  Please change in Section 2: "e.g.  An IPv6 node" to "For instance,
  an IPv6 node". And remove this text from Section 3.1: "e.g. Reserving
  certain identifiers may be useful in certain protocols such
  as PMIP in order to avoid duplicate address detection on point to
  point links, but PMIP will be at a lower standardization level than
  the address sutoconfiguration standards and hence not referable from
  them."

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=16920&rfc_flag=0

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce