Subject: Last Call: draft-ietf-tls-des-idea (DES and IDEA Cipher Suites for Transport Layer Security (TLS)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 09:31:44 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Layer Security WG 
(tls) to consider the following document:

- 'DES and IDEA Cipher Suites for Transport Layer Security (TLS) '
   <draft-ietf-tls-des-idea-02.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document deprecates the use of DES (when used in single-DES mode)
and IDEA ciphers in TLS.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2008-11-17. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tls-des-idea-02.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=16947&rfc_flag=0

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce