Subject: Protocol Action: 'WebDAV Current Principal Extension' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 09:20:21 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'WebDAV Current Principal Extension '
   <draft-sanchez-webdav-current-principal-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Lisa Dusseault.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sanchez-webdav-current-principal-02.txt

Technical Summary

   This specification defines a new WebDAV property that allows clients
   to quickly determine the principal corresponding to the current
   authenticated user.  The specification is a small 
   extension to WebDAV, but needed for CalDAV and CardDAV use cases.

Working Group Summary
   
   The document is an individual submission.

Document Quality

   There are likely to be several early implementations by CalDAV and
   CardDAV implementors.  Julian Reschke did a thorough review.

Personnel

   Lisa Dusseault is the Responsible Area Director.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce