Subject: Appeal of DNSOP WG Decision of September 13, 2008

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:00:02 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has received an appeal from Dean Anderson. The title of this
appeal is "Appeal of DNSOP WG Decision of September 13, 2008".
The text of this appeal can be found at the following URL:

http://www.ietf.org/IESG/APPEALS/appeal-anderson-2008-11-14.html

Both Ron Bonica and Russ Housley recused from considering this appeal.

The IESG considered the technical issues raised in the appeal. The IESG
considered the various arguments on the extent of deployment of BCP38,
and the likelihood of attacks, and concluded that it is not
unreasonable for
the IETF to make further recommendations to avoid such attacks.

The IESG also considered the procedural issues raised in the appeal. We
did not find evidence of wrong-doing on the part of the WG chairs or
from
the Area Director. There are many considerations in determining
consensus
and approving a document, and we found that the WG Chairs and Area
Director made these decisions reasonably. We also believe that Dean
Anderson's concerns were adequately considered by the Working Group.

Article 3 of the appeal does not appear to claim any violations of
IETF process.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce