Subject: RFC 5375 on IPv6 Unicast Address Assignment Considerations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 16:20:00 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5375

        Title:      IPv6 Unicast Address Assignment Considerations 
        Author:     G. Van de Velde, C. Popoviciu, T. Chown,
                    O. Bonness, C. Hahn
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       December 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 83809
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5375.txt

One fundamental aspect of any IP communications infrastructure is its
addressing plan.  With its new address architecture and allocation
policies, the introduction of IPv6 into a network means that network
designers and operators need to reconsider their existing approaches
to network addressing.  Lack of guidelines on handling this aspect of
network design could slow down the deployment and integration of
IPv6.  This document aims to provide the information and
recommendations relevant to planning the addressing aspects of IPv6
deployments.  The document also provides IPv6 addressing case studies
for both an enterprise and an ISP network.  This memo provides information
for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce