Subject: Protocol Action: 'EAP Generalized Pre-Shared Key (EAP-GPSK) Method' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 09:20:06 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'EAP Generalized Pre-Shared Key (EAP-GPSK) Method '
   <draft-ietf-emu-eap-gpsk-17.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the EAP Method Update Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Pasi Eronen and Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-emu-eap-gpsk-17.txt

Technical Summary

   This document defines an Extensible Authentication Protocol method
   called EAP Generalized Pre-Shared Key (EAP-GPSK). This method is a
   lightweight shared-key authentication protocol supporting mutual
   authentication and key derivation. The method should be able to
   support any future EAP channel binding requirements.

Working Group Summary

   The base document for EAP-GPSK was originally created by a design
   team. There was working group consensus to accept the document to
   meet the Pre-Shared-Key EAP method on the working group charter.

Document Quality

   There is an existing implementation of the protocol. NIST was
   consulted and participated in the review of the document resulting
   in some modifications to the key derivation function. The document
   has been reviewed by external researchers and their feedback has
   been incorporated. EAP experts within the EMU working group have
   reviewed the document. This document meets requirements set forth
   in RFC 3748, RFC 4017, and RFC 5247.

Personnel

   Joe Salowey is the document shepherd. The responsible
   Area Director is Pasi Eronen.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce