Subject: RFC 5396 on Textual Representation of Autonomous System (AS) Numbers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 15:59:46 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5396

        Title:      Textual Representation of Autonomous System 
                    (AS) Numbers 
        Author:     G. Huston, G. Michaelson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       December 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      3
        Characters: 5373
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-as-representation-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5396.txt

A textual representation for Autonomous System (AS) numbers is
defined as the decimal value of the AS number.  This textual
representation is to be used by all documents, systems, and user
interfaces referring to AS numbers.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce