Subject: RFC 5398 on Autonomous System (AS) Number Reservation for Documentation Use

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 15:13:28 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5398

        Title:      Autonomous System (AS) Number Reservation 
                    for Documentation Use 
        Author:     G. Huston
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       December 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 5433
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-as-documentation-reservation-00.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5398.txt

To reduce the likelihood of conflict and confusion when relating
documented examples to deployed systems, two blocks of Autonomous
System numbers (ASNs) are reserved for use in examples in RFCs,
books, documentation, and the like.  This document describes the
reservation of two blocks of ASNs as reserved numbers for use in
documentation.  This memo provides information for the Internet 
community.

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce