Subject: Protocol Action: 'G.729.1 RTP Payload Format update: DTX support' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 09:52:51 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'G.729.1 RTP Payload Format update: DTX support '
   <draft-ietf-avt-rfc4749-dtx-update-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Jon Peterson.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rfc4749-dtx-update-03.txt

Technical Summary

This document updates the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) payload
format to be used for the International Telecommunication Union
(ITU-T) Recommendation G.729.1 audio codec. It adds Discontinuous
Transmission (DTX) support to the RFC 4749 specification, in a
backward-compatible way. An updated media type registration is
included for this payload format.

Working Group Summary

There was a simple addition of a new parameter to an existing format,
to reflect recent work on the codec in ITU-T.

Document Quality

Media type review was requested on 4th June 2008; no comments were
received. Several implementations are expected.

Personnel

Cullen Jennings is the responsible AD.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce