Subject: BCP 147, RFC 5407 on Example Call Flows of Race Conditions in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 14:57:01 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 147        
        RFC 5407

        Title:      Example Call Flows of Race Conditions 
                    in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     M. Hasebe, J. Koshiko,
                    Y. Suzuki, T. Yoshikawa,
                    P. Kyzivat
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       December 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      60
        Characters: 120005
        See Also:   BCP0147

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipping-race-examples-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5407.txt

This document gives example call flows of race conditions in the
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).  Race conditions are inherently
confusing and difficult to thwart; this document shows the best
practices to handle them.  The elements in these call flows include
SIP User Agents and SIP Proxy Servers.  Call flow diagrams and
message details are given.  This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the Internet Community, and requests discussion 
and suggestions for improvements.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce