Subject: RFC 5388 on Information Model and XML Data Model for Traceroute Measurements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 15:12:49 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5388

        Title:      Information Model and XML Data 
                    Model for Traceroute Measurements 
        Author:     S. Niccolini, S. Tartarelli,
                    J. Quittek, T. Dietz, M. Swany
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       December 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      75
        Characters: 156801
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ippm-storetraceroutes-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5388.txt

This document describes a standard way to store the configuration and
the results of traceroute measurements.  This document first
describes the terminology used in this document and the traceroute
tool itself; afterwards, the common information model is defined,
dividing the information elements into two semantically separated
groups (configuration elements and results elements).  Moreover, an
additional element is defined to relate configuration elements and
results elements by means of a common unique identifier.  On the
basis of the information model, a data model based on XML is defined
to store the results of traceroute measurements.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce