Subject: Protocol Action: 'Network Address Translation (NAT) Behavioral Requirements for the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 06:33:05 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Network Address Translation (NAT) Behavioral Requirements for the 
   Datagram Congestion Control Protocol '
   <draft-ietf-behave-dccp-05.txt> as a BCP

This document is the product of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance 
Avoidance Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Magnus Westerlund and Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-dccp-05.txt

Technical Summary

   This document defines a set of requirements for DCCP-capable NATs
   that would allow certain applications, such as streaming applications
   to operate consistently.

Working Group Summary

   There is consensus in the working group to publish this document. 

Document Quality

   There are no known implementations. This was WG last called and
   reviewed by the DCCP WG. There are two normative reference to 
   documents (draft-ietf-behave-nat-icmp and 
   draft-ietf-dccp-simul-open) not yet published but that doesn't 
   preclude progressing this document until it ends up in the 
   RFC-editor's queue.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce