Subject: Please comment on IAOC candidates for IAB selection

From: IAB Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 11:25:47 -0800 (PST)

As described in BCP 101 (RFC 4071) and BCP 113 (RFC 4333), the IESG and
the IAB each select one person for a two-year IAOC term in alternate
years. This year, the IAB will select one person for a term beginning in
March 2009. 

Following the call for nominations, which ran from 3 November 2008
through 26 November 2008, the IAB contacted each person that was
nominated, asking them to accept or reject the nomination by 30 November
2008.  At this point, three people have indicated a willingness to serve.
They are:

       Bob Hinden
       Scott Bradner
       Henk Uijterwaal
        
The IAB is actively soliciting confidential comments on these people and
their ability to serve on the IAOC. The IAB needs to receive these
comments by 6 January 2009 in order to make a selection on or before 15
January 2009. Please send comments to [email-masked].

Note that the NomCom will also be selecting a person to serve on the IAOC
for a two year term. This process is orthogonal, the IAB is not privy to
comments you might have submitted to the NomCom.

On Behalf of the IAB,

-- Olaf Kolkman
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce