Subject: Document Action: 'Security requirements for the Unidirectional Lightweight Encapsulation (ULE) protocol' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 07:48:51 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Security requirements for the Unidirectional Lightweight Encapsulation 
   (ULE) protocol '
   <draft-ietf-ipdvb-sec-req-09.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the IP over DVB Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Mark Townsley and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-sec-req-09.txt

Technical Summary

This document provides a threat analysis and derives the security
requirements when using the Transport Stream, TS, to support an Internet
network-layer using the Unidirectional Lightweight Encapsulation
(ULE) defined in RFC4326. The document also provides the
motivation for link-layer security for a ULE Stream. A ULE Stream
may be used to send IPv4 packets, IPv6 packets, and other
Protocol Data Units (PDUs) to an arbitrarily large number of
Receivers supporting unicast and/or multicast transmission.

Working Group Summary

This document builds on RFC 4326, and identifies a set of
security-related topics that impact IP operation over a range of
broadcast links supporting IP.

Document Quality

The IPDVB WG has reached consensus that this document is ready for
publication as an informational RFC. This document does not define a
protocol or new mechanism.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce