Subject: Protocol Action: 'Diff-Serv Aware Class Type Object for Path Computation Element Communication Protocol' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 07:47:17 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Diff-Serv Aware Class Type Object for Path Computation Element 
   Communication Protocol '
   <draft-ietf-pce-dste-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Path Computation Element Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and David Ward.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-dste-02.txt

Technical Summary

   This document specifies a CLASSTYPE object to support Diff-Serve 
   Aware Traffic Engineering (DS-TE) where path computation is performed 
   with an aid of Path Computation Element (PCE). 

Working Group Summary

   Good consensus reported (see PROTO writeup by JP Vasseur). The  
   document specifies fairly straightforward protocol extensions to
   support diff serve when using PCE. 

Document Quality

   No known implementation of the I-D but several mentioned that they
   were planning to implement the protocol extensions specifies in the
   document. Furthermore, the protocol extensions are very
   straightforward.

Personnel

   JP Vasseur is the Document Shepherd for this document.  Ross
   Callon is the Responsible Area Director.  

RFC Editor Note

   The title and abstract spell diff-serv differently (Diff-Serv
   versus Diff-Serve). Please change these to be "Diff-Serv".

   Section 3.3, paragraph 6 please reword as follows:

   OLD

     A PCE that recognizes the CLASSTYPE object finds that P flag is
     not set in the CLASSTYPE object, it MUST send PCE error message
     towards the sender with the with the error type and error value
     specified in [PCEP-ID].

   NEW

     A PCE that recognizes the CLASSTYPE object, but finds that the
     P flag is not set in the CLASSTYPE object, MUST send a PCE error
     message towards the sender with the error type and error value
     specified in [PCEP-ID].

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce