Subject: Protocol Action: 'Remote Direct Memory Access Transport for Remote Procedure Call' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 07:24:25 -0800 (PST)

- 'Remote Direct Memory Access Transport for Remote Procedure Call '
   <draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpcrdma-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network File System Version 4 Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Lars Eggert and Magnus Westerlund.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpcrdma-09.txt

Technical Summary
 
   This documents specifies a protocol for ONC RPC operation over
   RDMA transports (such as RDDP).
   
   The RPC/RDMA protocol supports RDMA as a new transport for ONC
   RPC. The RDMA transport binding conveys the benefits of
   efficient, bulk data transport over high speed networks, while
   providing for minimal change to RPC applications and with no
   required revision of the application RPC protocol (such as
   NFS), or the RPC protocol itself.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   There is consensus in the WG to publish this documents.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   In support of this protocol definition, a variety of
   prototyping efforts have occurred in both Linux and
   OpenSolaris operating environments. At this point, there
   exist interoperable NFS client and server implementations for
   both Linux and OpenSolaris.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd: Spencer Shepler ([email-masked])
   Responsible AD: Lars Eggert ([email-masked])

Note to RFC Editor
 
   In the normative references, make this change:

   OLD:
     [RFC1831bis]
          R. Thurlow, Ed., "RPC: Remote Procedure Call Protocol
          Specification Version 2", Standards Track RFC

   NEW:
     [RFC1831bis]
          R. Thurlow, Ed., "RPC: Remote Procedure Call Protocol
          Specification Version 2", draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc1831bis-09
          (work in progress), June 2008.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce