Subject: IETF 74 - Update for Travelers from Visa Waiver Program Countries

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 09:32:12 -0800 (PST)

Please be informed that effective January 12, 2009, eligible citizens or
nationals from all Visa Waiver Program countries must obtain approval
through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) prior to
traveling to the United States.  

Eligible nationals of the Visa Waiver Program countries are able to
travel without a visa for tourist and business travel of 90 days or less
provided they possess an e-passport and an approved authorization through
ESTA.

The ESTA approval form and additional information can be found at:
https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov

The following countries participate in the Visa Waiver Program (as of
December 30, 2008):
Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Czech Republic, Denmark,
Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy,
Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the
Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore,
Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the
United Kingdom

Applications may be submitted at any time prior to travel to the United
States.  The Department of Homeland Security recommends that travel
authorization applications be submitted at least 72 hours prior to travel.
Unless revoked, travel authorizations are valid for two years from the
date of authorization, or until your passport expires, whichever comes
first.

You can update the following information at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov once
you have received approval:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Airline and flight number
- City where you are boarding
- Address while in the United States

Online registration for the IETF meeting is at: 
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/74/
To request a letter of invitation for the IETF 74 meeting in San
Francisco, go to: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/74/LOI.html

Only 72 days until the San Francisco IETF! 

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce