Subject: Document Action: 'Service Selection for Mobile IPv4' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 09:59:36 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Service Selection for Mobile IPv4 '
   <draft-korhonen-mip4-service-08.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-korhonen-mip4-service-08.txt

Technical Summary

This document describes a Service Selection extension for both
conventional Mobile IPv4 and Proxy Mobile IPv4 that is intended to assist
home agents to make a specific service selection for the mobility service
subscription during the binding update procedure. The service selection
may affect home agent routing decisions, Qos and policy treatment of
service related IP flows in the home agent and also Home Address
assignment policies.

Working Group Summary

This document is an individual submission. The document was presented in
MIP4 WG meetings. The document was proposed to be a WG work item. However,
the decision of adoption as a WG work item got postponed due time schedule
challenges with the current MIP4 WG charter and dependencies with external
Standardization Development Organizations.

Document Quality

There are no publicly known implementations yet. There is certain level
of interest from 3GPP Release-8 Evolved Packet Core work. The document has
been used in 3GPP TS 24.304 as a part of their MIP4 based trusted non-3GPP
access interworking solution.

Personnel

   The responsible Area Director is Jari Arkko.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce