Subject: Document Action: 'Digital Signatures on Internet-Draft Documents' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 11:29:49 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Digital Signatures on Internet-Draft Documents '
   <draft-housley-internet-draft-sig-file-08.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-housley-internet-draft-sig-file-08.txt

Technical Summary

     This document  specifies the conventions for digital signatures on
     Internet-Drafts.  The Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) is used
     to create a detached signature, which is stored in a separate
     companion file so that no existing utilities are impacted by the
     addition of the digital signature.

Working Group Summary

     This document is not the product of any IETF working group.
     However, the S/MIME Working Group was asked to comment, and the
     comments that were received were all resolved.

Document Quality

     OpenSSL was used to generate a sample signature file.  OpenSSL and
     at least one other CMS implementation were able to validate the
     signature.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce