Subject: RFC 5409 on Using the Boneh-Franklin and Boneh-Boyen Identity-Based Encryption Algorithms with the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 16:09:13 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5409

        Title:      Using the Boneh-Franklin and Boneh-Boyen 
                    Identity-Based Encryption Algorithms with the Cryptographic 
                    Message Syntax (CMS) 
        Author:     L. Martin, M. Schertler
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       January 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 25481
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-smime-bfibecms-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5409.txt

This document describes the conventions for using the Boneh-Franklin
(BF) and Boneh-Boyen (BB1) identity-based encryption algorithms in the
Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) to encrypt content-encryption keys.
Object identifiers and the convention for encoding a recipient's
identity are also defined.  This memo provides information for the 
Internet community.

This document is a product of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce