Subject: Protocol Action: 'Diameter Mobile IPv6: Support for Network Access Server to Diameter Server Interaction' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:23:55 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Diameter Mobile IPv6: Support for Network Access Server to Diameter 
   Server Interaction '
   <draft-ietf-dime-mip6-integrated-12.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-mip6-integrated-12.txt

Technical Summary

  A Mobile IPv6 node requires a Home Agent address, a home address, and
  a security association with its Home Agent before it can start
  utilizing Mobile IPv6.  RFC 3775 requires that some or all of these
  parameters are statically configured.  Mobile IPv6 bootstrapping work
  aims to make this information dynamically available to the Mobile
  Node.  An important aspect of the Mobile IPv6 bootstrapping solution
  is to support interworking with existing authentication,
  authorization and accounting infrastructure.  This document describes
  the MIPv6 bootstrapping using the Diameter Network Access Server
  (NAS) to home Authentication, Authorization and Accounting server
  (HAAA) interface.

Working Group Summary

    There is consensus in the WG to publish this document.

Document Quality

     The document has received extensive reviews from DIME and MIP6 
     working group members. This document is a building block in the 
     Mobile IPv6 bootstrapping architecture. Area review was performed by

     Dan Romascanu, and GenART review by Vijay Gurbani. 

Personnel

    David Frascone is the document shepherd, Dan Romascanu is the 
    responsible Area Director.  

RFC Editor Note

    RFC Editor, before publication please make the following change: 

    Section 4.2.1, first line:
    s/type of Grouped/of type Grouped/

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce