Subject: RFC 5459 on G.729.1 RTP Payload Format Update: Discontinuous Transmission (DTX) Support

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 16:13:20 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5459

        Title:      G.729.1 RTP Payload Format Update: 
                    Discontinuous Transmission (DTX) Support 
        Author:     A. Sollaud
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14671
        Updates:    RFC4749

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rfc4749-dtx-update-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5459.txt

This document updates the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) payload
format to be used for the International Telecommunication Union
(ITU-T) Recommendation G.729.1 audio codec.  It adds Discontinuous
Transmission (DTX) support to the RFC 4749 specification, in a
backward-compatible way.  An updated media type registration is
included for this payload format.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce