Subject: Protocol Action: 'Simplified Extension of LSP Space for IS-IS' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 08:22:02 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Simplified Extension of LSP Space for IS-IS '
   <draft-ietf-isis-wg-extlsp-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and David Ward.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-wg-extlsp-05.txt

Technical Summary

   This draft describes a simplified method for extending the LSP space
   beyond the 256 Link State PDU (LSP) limit defined in [IS-IS]. This
   method is intended as a preferred replacement for the method defined
   in [RFC 3786]. This draft obsoletes RFC3786. 

Working Group Summary

   Strong WG consensus is reported. There were no objections during 
   WG and IETF last calls. While this document obsoletes a previously
   published alternate approach, there is no known implementation of 
   the previous approach. 

Document Quality

   There are no current existing implementations, but there are
   plans to implement the approach in this draft. There are no 
   known implementations of RFC 3786 (that this draft obsoletes), 
   and no known plans to implement RFC3786. 

Personnel

   Chris Hopps is the Document Shepherd for this document.  Ross
   Callon is the Responsible Area Director.  

RFC Editor Note

   In three places in the text the document references [M-IS-IS], 
   which references RFC5210. It would be more consistent with other
   references to change all occurrences of "[M-IS-IS]" to be 
   "[RFC5210]".  Also, RFC5120 should be moved from the informative
   references section to the normative references section. 

   Section 7 (Security Considerations). Please append the following
   sentence to the end of the one existing paragraph in this section:

        For general security considerations for IS-IS see [RFC5304].

   Section 9.2, Please add an informative reference to RFC 5304. 

   Section 1, first sentence, Please replace "LSP" with 
   "Link State PDU (LSP)".

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce