Subject: Protocol Action: 'IANA Considerations for RPC Net Identifiers and Universal Address Formats' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 08:32:01 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IANA Considerations for RPC Net Identifiers and Universal Address 
   Formats '
   <draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpc-netid-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network File System Version 4 Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Lars Eggert and Magnus Westerlund.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpc-netid-06.txt

Technical Summary

This Internet-Draft lists IANA Considerations for RPC Network
Identifiers (netids) and RPC Universal Network Addresses
(uaddrs). This Internet-Draft updates, but does not replace,
RFC1833.

Working Group Summary

In support of the RDMA Transport for ONC RPC Internet Draft
and other users of ONC RPC based protocols, registries of
netids and universal network addresses are described and the
procedure established for future registration. This is a
step forward in the support of varying transport types and
protocol extensions.

Document Quality

This document captures current registrations and allows for
equitable future extension such that established
implementations are protected in an environment of
integrating new transport types.

Personnel

Spencer Shepler ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd.
Lars Eggert ([email-masked]) reviewed the document for the IESG.

RFC Editor Note

Please make the following replacements to the document references:

  RFC1831 -> draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc1831bis

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce