Subject: RFC 5311 on Simplified Extension of Link State PDU (LSP) Space for IS-IS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 15:33:51 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5311

        Title:      Simplified Extension of Link State 
                    PDU (LSP) Space for IS-IS 
        Author:     D. McPherson, Ed.,
                    L. Ginsberg, S. Previdi,
                    M. Shand
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 23886
        Obsoletes:  RFC3786

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-wg-extlsp-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5311.txt

This document describes a simplified method for extending the Link
State PDU (LSP) space beyond the 256 LSP limit.  This method is
intended as a preferred replacement for the method defined in RFC
3786.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute