Subject: Re: Historic to be: draft-irtf-routing-reqs-11.txt

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 10:54:12 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'A Set of Possible 
Requirements for a Future Routing Architecture' 
<draft-irtf-routing-reqs-11.txt> as a Historic RFC. 

The IESG would also like the IRSG to review the comments in 
the datatracker 
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=10743&rfc_flag=0)
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit 
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot 
and the comment log. 

The IESG contact person is Ross Callon.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-routing-reqs-11.txt

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html.

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   The requirements for routing architectures described in this document
   were produced by two sub-groups under the IRTF Routing Research Group
   in 2001, with some editorial updates up to 2006.  The two sub-groups
   worked independently, and the resulting requirements represent two
   separate views of the problem and of what is required to fix the
   problem.  This document may usefully serve as part of the recommended
   reading for anyone who works on routing architecture designs for the
   Internet in the future.

   The document is published with the support of the IRTF RRG as a
   record of the work completed at that time, but with the understanding
   that it does not necessarily represent either the latest technical
   understanding or the technical consensus of the research group at the
   date of publication.

Working Group Summary

   This is an IRTF output, and is being considered by the IESG only 
   to consider whether there is any overlap or conflict with IETF work. 

Document Quality

   This is an informational document which is not subject to
   implementation. It has been carefully reviewed in the IRTF. 

Personnel

   Ross Callon has agreed to shepherd this through IESG review. 

RFC Editor Note

   This work does not conflict with IETF work, and we recommend that 
   the RFC editor publish this document.