Subject: RFC 5464 on The IMAP METADATA Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 16:16:51 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5464

        Title:      The IMAP METADATA Extension 
        Author:     C. Daboo
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 39425
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-daboo-imap-annotatemore-17.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5464.txt

The METADATA extension to the Internet Message Access Protocol
permits clients and servers to maintain "annotations" or "metadata"
on IMAP servers.  It is possible to have annotations on a per-mailbox
basis or on the server as a whole.  For example, this would allow
comments about the purpose of a particular mailbox to be "attached"
to that mailbox, or a "message of the day" containing server status
information to be made available to anyone logging in to the server.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute