Subject: RFC 5411 on A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 15:34:09 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5411

        Title:      A Hitchhiker's Guide to the 
                    Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     J. Rosenberg
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      39
        Characters: 96538
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sip-hitchhikers-guide-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5411.txt

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is the subject of numerous
specifications that have been produced by the IETF.  It can be
difficult to locate the right document, or even to determine the set
of Request for Comments (RFC) about SIP.  This specification serves
as a guide to the SIP RFC series.  It lists a current snapshot of the
specifications under the SIP umbrella, briefly summarizes each, and
groups them into categories.  This memo provides information for the 
Internet community.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute