Subject: Protocol Action: 'The RPF Vector TLV' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 08:08:32 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The RPF Vector TLV '
   <draft-ietf-pim-rpf-vector-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Protocol Independent Multicast 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are David Ward and Ross Callon.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-rpf-vector-08.txt

Technical Summary
This document describes a use of the PIM Join Attribute which enables PIM
to build multicast trees through an MPLS-enabled network, even if that
network's IGP does not have a route to the source of the  tree.

Working Group Summary

   No issues.

Document Quality

 There are multiple known implementations.

Personnel

   Dave Ward is shepherd.