Subject: Protocol Action: 'Using SHA2 Algorithms with Cryptographic Message Syntax' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 06:37:34 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Using SHA2 Algorithms with Cryptographic Message Syntax '
   <draft-ietf-smime-sha2-11.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Tim Polk and Pasi Eronen.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-sha2-11.txt

Technical Summary

This ID contains algorithm identifiers for use with CMS. It includes
the OIDs for the following digest algorithms: SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384,
and SHA-512.  It also includes the OIDs for the following signature
algorithms: DSA with SHA-224 and SHA-256; RSA with SHA-224, SHA-256,
SHA-384, and SHA-512; RSA-KEM; ECDSA with SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384,
and SHA-512.

Working Group Summary

This ID was lightly discussed on the mailing list. It basically just
lists OIDs so there's not much to discuss.

Document Quality

Some of the OIDs in this ID have been implemented by many. Some of the
other OIDs are included for completeness.

Personnel

Blake Ramsdell is the document Shepherd.  Tim Polk is the responsible
Security Area AD.

RFC Editor Note

Please make the following substitution in section 2.1:

OLD
   The parameters are as specified in Section 2. 
NEW
   The parameters are as specified in the beginning of Section 2.