Subject: Document Action: 'Description of the RSVP-TE Graceful Restart Procedures' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 08:58:11 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Description of the RSVP-TE Graceful Restart Procedures '
   <draft-ietf-ccamp-gr-description-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and David Ward.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gr-description-04.txt

Technical Summary

   This document provides an informational clarification of the 
   control plane procedures for a Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) network
   when there are multiple node failures, and describes how full
   control plane state can be recovered in different scenarios where
   the order in which the nodes restart is different. 

Working Group Summary

   There were no problems with consensus for this document (see PROTO
   writeup by Deborah Brungard). There was some debate about the need
   for this work. It was suggested that all of the necessary explanation
   of the operation of graceful restart was included in RFC 5063.
   However, repeated questions about how to use the protocol extensions
   in corner cases and double faliure scenarios makes this work valuable.

Document Quality

   This document has been reviewed by the CCAMP working group and 
   received some comments at IETF meetings and on the mailing list. 
   Most importantly it has had input from the authors of RFC 5063
   that documents the protocol procedures. It has also been updated
   in response to Gen-Art review. There are several implementations 
   of the graceful restart processes described in RFC 5063. Experience
   from these implementations has provided valuable input to this
   document.

Personnel

   Deborah Brungard is the Document Shepherd for this document. Ross
   Callon is the Responsible Area Director. There are no IANA actions.