Subject: Document Action: 'Requirements for Multicast Support in Virtual Private LAN Services' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 08:59:54 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Requirements for Multicast Support in Virtual Private LAN Services '
   <draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-reqts-07.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Mark Townsley and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-reqts-07.txt

Technical Summary 
This document provides functional requirements for network solutions 
that support multicast over Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS). It 
specifies requirements both from the end user and service provider 
standpoints. It is intended that potential solutions will use these 
requirements as guidelines. 

Working Group Summary 

This document has been reviewed by carriers and experts in the L2VPN WG
and there are no outstanding issues. 

Document Quality 
This document was reviewed by the l2vpn chairs and Mark Townsley.

Personnel 
Who is the Document Shepherd for this document? 
Shane Amante ([email-masked]) 

Who is the Responsible Area Director? 
Mark Townsley ([email-masked])