Subject: RFC 5460 on DHCPv6 Bulk Leasequery

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 15:29:50 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5460

        Title:      DHCPv6 Bulk Leasequery 
        Author:     M. Stapp
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 40629
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-bulk-leasequery-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5460.txt

The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) has been
extended with a Leasequery capability that allows a client to request
information about DHCPv6 bindings.  That mechanism is limited to
queries for individual bindings.  In some situations individual
binding queries may not be efficient, or even possible.  This
document expands on the Leasequery protocol, adding new query types
and allowing for bulk transfer of DHCPv6 binding data via TCP.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute