Subject: RFC 5466 on IMAP4 Extension for Named Searches (Filters)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 11:43:34 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5466

        Title:      IMAP4 Extension for Named Searches 
                    (Filters) 
        Author:     A. Melnikov, C. King
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 19415
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-melnikov-imapext-filters-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5466.txt

The document defines a way to persistently store named IMAP (RFC
3501) searches on the server.  Such named searches can be
subsequently referenced in a SEARCH or any other command that accepts
a search criterion as a parameter.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Enhancements to Internet email to support diverse service environments Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute