Subject: RFC 5317 on Joint Working Team (JWT) Report on MPLS Architectural Considerations for a Transport Profile

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 16:14:17 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5317

        Title:      Joint Working Team (JWT) Report 
                    on MPLS Architectural Considerations for a 
                    Transport Profile 
        Author:     S. Bryant, Ed.,
                    L. Andersson, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10, 68
        Characters: 18367, 1411313
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-bryant-mpls-tp-jwt-report-00.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5317.txt

This RFC archives the report of the IETF - ITU-T Joint Working Team
(JWT) on the application of MPLS to transport networks.  The JWT
recommended of Option 1: The IETF and the ITU-T jointly agree to work
together and bring transport requirements into the IETF and extend
IETF MPLS forwarding, OAM (Operations, Administration, and
Management), survivability, network management and control plane
protocols to meet those requirements through the IETF Standards
Process.  This RFC is available in ASCII (which contains a summary of
the slides) and in PDF (which contains the summary and a copy of the
slides).  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute