Subject: RFC 5446 on Service Selection for Mobile IPv4

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 16:16:14 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5446

        Title:      Service Selection for Mobile IPv4 
        Author:     J. Korhonen, U. Nilsson
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 19089
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-korhonen-mip4-service-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5446.txt

In some Mobile IPv4 deployments, identifying the mobile node or the
mobility service subscriber is not enough to distinguish among the
multiple services possibly provisioned to the mobile node.  The
capability to specify different services in addition to the mobile
node's identity can be leveraged to provide flexibility for mobility
service providers to provide multiple services within a single
mobility service subscription.  This document describes a Service
Selection extension for Mobile IPv4 that is intended to assist home
agents to make specific service selections for their mobility service
subscriptions during the registration procedure.  This memo provides 
information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute