Subject: Protocol Action: 'Multicast Group Membership Discovery MIB' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 06:49:29 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Multicast Group Membership Discovery MIB '
   <draft-ietf-magma-mgmd-mib-15.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multicast & Anycast Group Membership 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-magma-mgmd-mib-15.txt

Technical Summary

  This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
  for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
  In particular, it describes objects used for managing the Internet
  Group Management Protocol (IGMP) and the Multicast Listener
  Discovery (MLD) protocol.

Working Group Summary
 
  The document has been reviewed by key WG members and the chairs
  have no concerns with those reviews.

Protocol Quality

  Jari Arkko has reviewed this specification for the IESG,
  and Dave Thaler has reviewed this specification as a part
  of a MIB Doctor review.

  It took from April 2006 to August 2007 for the MIB Doctor
  Review and AD review issues to be addressed.

  This revision addresses all the comments made by David McWalter and 
  Dave Thaler.  Even though the I-D editor posted the draft, the 
  id-nits tool run automatically on tools.ietf.org says there are 
  4 errors with a boilerplate mismatch and long lines being the biggest
  issues. The reference to RFC 2119 in the Introduction still uses 
  [KEYWORDS] which doesn't exist in the Reference section. These
  issues will be corrected in AUTH48, or in the next revision,
  if a need to revise arises in IESG.