Subject: RFC 5310 on IS-IS Generic Cryptographic Authentication

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 16:15:27 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5310

        Title:      IS-IS Generic Cryptographic Authentication 
        Author:     M. Bhatia, V. Manral,
                    T. Li, R. Atkinson,
                    R. White, M. Fanto
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 24521
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-hmac-sha-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5310.txt

This document proposes an extension to Intermediate System to
Intermediate System (IS-IS) to allow the use of any cryptographic
authentication algorithm in addition to the already-documented
authentication schemes, described in the base specification and RFC
5304.  IS-IS is specified in International Standards Organization
(ISO) 10589, with extensions to support Internet Protocol version 4
(IPv4) described in RFC 1195.

Although this document has been written specifically for using the
Hashed Message Authentication Code (HMAC) construct along with the
Secure Hash Algorithm (SHA) family of cryptographic hash functions,
the method described in this document is generic and can be used to
extend IS-IS to support any cryptographic hash function in the
future.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute