Subject: Protocol Action: 'IANA Allocation Guidelines for the Address Resolution Protocol (ARP)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 08:10:05 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IANA Allocation Guidelines for the Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) '
   <draft-arkko-arp-iana-rules-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arkko-arp-iana-rules-06.txt

Technical Summary

  This document specifies the IANA guidelines for allocating new values
  in the Address Resolution Protocol (ARP).  This document also reserves
  some numbers for experimentation purposes.

Working Group Summary

  This document is not the product of any IETF WG.

Protocol Quality

  This document specifies only the IANA rules associated with various
  fields in ARP, and does not make any other changes in the operation of
  the protocol itself.

  The documents were reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.