Subject: Document Action: 'Private Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Proxy-to-Proxy Extensions for Supporting the PacketCable Distributed Call Signaling Architecture' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 09:33:34 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Private Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Proxy-to-Proxy Extensions 
   for Supporting the PacketCable Distributed Call Signaling Architecture '
   <draft-andreasen-sipping-rfc3603bis-07.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-andreasen-sipping-rfc3603bis-07.txt

Technical Summary

In order to deploy a residential telephone service at very large
scale across different domains, it is necessary for trusted elements
owned by different service providers to exchange trusted information
that conveys customer-specific information and expectations about the
parties involved in the call.  This document describes private
extensions to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) [RFC3261] for
supporting the exchange of customer information and billing
information between trusted entities in the PacketCable Distributed
Call Signaling Architecture.  These extensions provide mechanisms for
access network coordination to prevent theft of service, customer
originated trace of harassing calls, support for operator services
and emergency services, and support for various other regulatory
issues.  The use of the extensions is only applicable within closed
administrative domains, or among federations of administrative
domains with previously agreed-upon policies where coordination of
charging and other functions is required.

Working Group Summary

  None

Document Quality

   This is a minor update to RFC 3603 which is a P-Header. 

Personnel

   Proto Document Shepherd is Mary Barnes. Expert Review
   was done by Miguel A. Garcia. 

RFC Editor Note

  Please consider comments in tracker.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce