Subject: Document Action: 'The E.164 to Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI) Dynamic Delegation Discovery System (DDDS) Application for Infrastructure ENUM' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 06:20:15 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The E.164 to Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI) Dynamic Delegation 
   Discovery System (DDDS) Application for Infrastructure ENUM '
   <draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure-07.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Telephone Number Mapping Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure-07.txt

Technical Summary

This document motivates the existence of a parallel namespace for
"Infrastructure ENUM" outside of the so-called "User" namespace defined in
RFC3761. In particular, this parallel namespace might be used by carriers
who want to provision DNS records for telephone numbers independently of
the records provisioned by end users (number assignees).

Working Group Summary

The ENUM WG supports the advancement of this memo to an Informational RFC
to document its proposal.

Document Quality

The IAB provided valuable Last Call comments on this document.

Personnel

Jon Peterson is the responsible Area Director. Richard Shockey is the
document shepherd.

RFC Editor Note

Please change the "Intended Status" in the header of this memo to
"Informational".