Subject: RFC 5422 on Dynamic Provisioning Using Flexible Authentication via Secure Tunneling Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP-FAST)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 13:27:57 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5422

        Title:      Dynamic Provisioning Using Flexible Authentication 
                    via Secure Tunneling Extensible Authentication 
                    Protocol 
                    (EAP-FAST) 
        Author:     N. Cam-Winget, D. McGrew,
                    J. Salowey, H. Zhou
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      39
        Characters: 85200
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-cam-winget-eap-fast-provisioning-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5422.txt

The Flexible Authentication via Secure Tunneling Extensible
Authentication Protocol (EAP-FAST) method enables secure
communication between a peer and a server by using Transport Layer
Security (TLS) to establish a mutually authenticated tunnel.  EAP-
FAST also enables the provisioning credentials or other information
through this protected tunnel.  This document describes the use of
EAP-FAST for dynamic provisioning.  This memo provides information 
for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute