Subject: RFC 5471 on Guidelines for IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) Testing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:57:07 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5471

        Title:      Guidelines for IP Flow Information 
                    Export (IPFIX) Testing 
        Author:     C. Schmoll, P. Aitken,
                    B. Claise
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 69313
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipfix-testing-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5471.txt

This document presents a list of tests for implementers of IP Flow
Information eXport (IPFIX) compliant Exporting Processes and
Collecting Processes.  This document specifies guidelines for a
series of tests that can be run on the IPFIX Exporting Process and
Collecting Process in order to probe the conformity and robustness of
the IPFIX protocol implementations.  These tests cover all important
functions, in order to gain a level of confidence in the IPFIX
implementation.  Therefore, they allow the implementer to perform
interoperability or plug tests with other IPFIX Exporting Processes
and Collecting Processes.  This memo provides information for the
Internet community.

This document is a product of the IP Flow Information Export Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute