Subject: RFC 5463 on Sieve Email Filtering: Ihave Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 11:12:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5463

        Title:      Sieve Email Filtering: Ihave Extension 
        Author:     N. Freed
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 12481
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-freed-sieve-ihave-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5463.txt

This document describes the "ihave" extension to the Sieve email
filtering language.  The "ihave" extension provides a means to write
scripts that can take advantage of optional Sieve features but can
still run when those optional features are not available.  The
extension also defines a new error control command intended to be
used to report situations where no combination of available
extensions satisfies the needs of the script.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Sieve Mail Filtering Language Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute