Subject: RFC 5475 on Sampling and Filtering Techniques for IP Packet Selection

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:57:54 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5475

        Title:      Sampling and Filtering Techniques for 
                    IP Packet Selection 
        Author:     T. Zseby, M. Molina,
                    N. Duffield, S. Niccolini,
                    F. Raspall
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],   
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      46
        Characters: 101260
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-psamp-sample-tech-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5475.txt

This document describes Sampling and Filtering techniques for IP
packet selection.  It provides a categorization of schemes and
defines what parameters are needed to describe the most common
selection schemes.  Furthermore, it shows how techniques can be
combined to build more elaborate packet Selectors.  The document
provides the basis for the definition of information models for
configuring selection techniques in Metering Processes and for
reporting the technique in use to a Collector.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Packet Sampling Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute