Subject: RFC 5472 on IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) Applicability

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:57:22 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5472

        Title:      IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) 
                    Applicability 
        Author:     T. Zseby, E. Boschi,
                    N. Brownlee, B. Claise
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 71379
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipfix-as-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5472.txt

In this document, we describe the applicability of the IP Flow
Information eXport (IPFIX) protocol for a variety of
applications.  We show how applications can use IPFIX, describe
the relevant Information Elements (IEs) for those applications,
and present opportunities and limitations of the protocol.  Furthermore,
we describe relations of the IPFIX framework to other
architectures and frameworks.  This memo provides information for 
the Internet community.

This document is a product of the IP Flow Information Export Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute