Subject: Document Action: 'Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) Access Line Information Attribute Value Pair (AVP) Extensions' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 10:16:12 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) Access Line Information Attribute 
   Value Pair (AVP) Extensions '
   <draft-mammoliti-l2tp-accessline-avp-06.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mammoliti-l2tp-accessline-avp-06.txt

Technical Summary

   Intended status: Informational

   This document describes a set of Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP)
   Attribute Value Pair (AVP) extensions designed to carry the
   subscriber Access Line identification and characterization
   information that arrives at the Broadband Remote Access Server (BRAS)
   with LAC functionality.  It also describes a mechanism to report
   connection speed changes, after the initial connection speeds are
   sent during session establishment.  The primary purpose of this
   document is to provide a reference for DSL equipment vendors wishing
   to interoperate with other vendors' products.  The L2TP AVPs defined
   in this document are applicable to both L2TPv2 and L2TPv3.

Working Group Summary

   This document encodes information specific to the DSL Broadband
   community, and documented in DSL Forum (now Broadband Forum)
   documents. As with other PPPoE, DHCP, and RADIUS specifications
   that carry similar information, this document is being shephered
   individually rather than being a WG document.

   Feedback on this document was requested on the Ancp and L2tpext
   WG mailing lists.
   <http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/l2tpext/current/msg01169.html>
   <http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ancp/current/msg00537.html>

Document Quality

   The document was reviewed by the l2tpext and ANCP WG. There is at
   least one known plus two planned implementations of the protocol.

Personnel

   Mark Townsley is the Sponsoring AD.