Subject: Protocol Action: 'BGP Traffic Engineering Attribute' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 10:29:27 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'BGP Traffic Engineering Attribute '
   <draft-ietf-softwire-bgp-te-attribute-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Softwires Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Mark Townsley and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-softwire-bgp-te-attribute-04.txt

Technical Summary

This document defines a new BGP attribute, Traffic Engineering
attribute, than enables BGP to carry Traffic Engineering
information.

The scope and applicability of this attribute currently excludes its
use for non-VPN reachability information.

Working Group Summary

The SOFTWIRE WG supports the development and advancement of this
document.

Protocol Quality

This document was thoroughly reviewed by WG chairs and WG members,
including those with expertise in IPv4 to IPv6 transitions and
interworking.

Dave Ward is the WG chair shepherd. Mark Townsley is the
responsible Area