Subject: RFC 5421 on Basic Password Exchange within the Flexible Authentication via Secure Tunneling Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP-FAST)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 13:27:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5421

        Title:      Basic Password Exchange within the 
                    Flexible Authentication via Secure Tunneling 
                    Extensible 
                    Authentication Protocol (EAP-FAST) 
        Author:     N. Cam-Winget, H. Zhou
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 22345
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-zhou-emu-fast-gtc-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5421.txt

The Flexible Authentication via Secure Tunneling Extensible
Authentication Protocol (EAP-FAST) method enables secure
communication between a peer and a server by using Transport Layer
Security (TLS) to establish a mutually authenticated tunnel.  Within
this tunnel, a basic password exchange, based on the Generic Token
Card method (EAP-GTC), may be executed to authenticate the peer.  This 
memo provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute