Subject: RFC 5474 on A Framework for Packet Selection and Reporting

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:57:44 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5474

        Title:      A Framework for Packet Selection 
                    and Reporting 
        Author:     N. Duffield, Ed.,
                    D. Chiou, B. Claise,
                    A. Greenberg, M. Grossglauser,
                    J. Rexford
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      38
        Characters: 86080
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-psamp-framework-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5474.txt

This document specifies a framework for the PSAMP (Packet
SAMPling) protocol.  The functions of this protocol are to select
packets from a stream according to a set of standardized
Selectors, to form a stream of reports on the selected packets,
and to export the reports to a Collector.  This framework details
the components of this architecture, then describes some generic
requirements, motivated by the dual aims of ubiquitous deployment
and utility of the reports for applications.  Detailed
requirements for selection, reporting, and exporting are
described, along with configuration requirements of the PSAMP
functions.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Packet Sampling Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute