Subject: RFC 5496 on The Reverse Path Forwarding (RPF) Vector TLV

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 15:01:15 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5496

        Title:      The Reverse Path Forwarding (RPF) 
                    Vector TLV 
        Author:     IJ. Wijnands, A. Boers,
                    E. Rosen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 16754
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pim-rpf-vector-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5496.txt

This document describes a use of the Protocol Independent Multicast
(PIM) Join Attribute as defined in RFC 5384, which enables PIM to
build multicast trees through an MPLS-enabled network, even if that
network's IGP does not have a route to the source of the tree.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Protocol Independent Multicast Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute