Subject: RFC 5476 on Packet Sampling (PSAMP) Protocol Specifications

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:58:01 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5476

        Title:      Packet Sampling (PSAMP) Protocol Specifications 
        Author:     B. Claise, Ed.,
                    A. Johnson, J. Quittek
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      45
        Characters: 101620
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-psamp-protocol-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5476.txt

This document specifies the export of packet information from a
Packet SAMPling (PSAMP) Exporting Process to a PSAMP Collecting Process.  
For export of packet information, the IP Flow Information eXport (IPFIX)
protocol is used, as both the IPFIX and PSAMP architecture match
very well, and the means provided by the IPFIX protocol are
sufficient.  The document specifies in detail how the IPFIX protocol
is used for PSAMP export of packet information.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Packet Sampling Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute