Subject: RFC 5440 on Path Computation Element (PCE) Communication Protocol (PCEP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 15:45:35 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5440

        Title:      Path Computation Element (PCE) Communication 
                    Protocol (PCEP) 
        Author:     JP. Vasseur, Ed.,
                    JL. Le Roux, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      87
        Characters: 190529
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-pcep-19.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5440.txt

This document specifies the Path Computation Element (PCE)
Communication Protocol (PCEP) for communications between a Path
Computation Client (PCC) and a PCE, or between two PCEs.  Such
interactions include path computation requests and path computation
replies as well as notifications of specific states related to the
use of a PCE in the context of Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Traffic Engineering.  PCEP is designed
to be flexible and extensible so as to easily allow for the addition
of further messages and objects, should further requirements be
expressed in the future.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute