Subject: RFC 5485 on Digital Signatures on Internet-Draft Documents

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 16:02:26 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5485

        Title:      Digital Signatures on Internet-Draft Documents 
        Author:     R. Housley
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 29582
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-housley-internet-draft-sig-file-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5485.txt

This document specifies the conventions for digital signatures on
Internet-Drafts.  The Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) is used to
create a detached signature, which is stored in a separate companion
file so that no existing utilities are impacted by the addition of
the digital signature.  This memo provides information for the 
Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute