Subject: RFC 5501 on Requirements for Multicast Support in Virtual Private LAN Services

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:59:47 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5501

        Title:      Requirements for Multicast Support in 
                    Virtual Private LAN Services 
        Author:     Y. Kamite, Ed.,
                    Y. Wada, Y. Serbest,
                    T. Morin, L. Fang
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 71507
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-reqts-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5501.txt

This document provides functional requirements for network solutions
that support multicast over Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS).  It
specifies requirements both from the end user and service provider
standpoints.  It is intended that potential solutions will use these
requirements as guidelines.  This memo provides information for the 
Internet community.

This document is a product of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute