Subject: RFC 5480 on Elliptic Curve Cryptography Subject Public Key Information

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 11:12:19 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5480

        Title:      Elliptic Curve Cryptography Subject Public 
                    Key Information 
        Author:     S. Turner, D. Brown,
                    K. Yiu, R. Housley,
                    T. Polk
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 36209
        Updates:    RFC3279

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-ecc-subpubkeyinfo-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5480.txt

This document specifies the syntax and semantics for the Subject
Public Key Information field in certificates that support Elliptic
Curve Cryptography.  This document updates Sections 2.3.5 and 5, and
the ASN.1 module of "Algorithms and Identifiers for the Internet X.509
Public Key Infrastructure Certificate and Certificate Revocation List
(CRL) Profile", RFC 3279.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute