Subject: RFC 5417 on Control And Provisioning of Wireless Access Points (CAPWAP) Access Controller DHCP Option

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 16:55:29 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5417

        Title:      Control And Provisioning of Wireless 
                    Access Points (CAPWAP) Access Controller DHCP 
                    Option 
        Author:     P. Calhoun
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11551
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-capwap-dhc-ac-option-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5417.txt

The Control And Provisioning of Wireless Access Points Protocol
allows a Wireless Termination Point to use DHCP to discover the
Access Controllers to which it is to connect.  This document
describes the DHCP options to be used by the CAPWAP Protocol.
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Control And Provisioning of Wireless Access Points Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute