Subject: Document Action: 'Camellia Counter mode and Camellia Counter with CBC Mac mode algorithms' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 17:08:28 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Camellia Counter mode and Camellia Counter with CBC Mac mode 
   algorithms '
   <draft-kato-camellia-ctrccm-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kato-camellia-ctrccm-05.txt

Technical Summary

   This document describes the algorithms and test vectors of Camellia
   block cipher algorithm in Counter (CTR) mode and Counter with Cipher
   Block Chaining MAC (CCM) Mode.  The purpose of this document is to
   make the Camellia-CTR and Camellia-CCM algorithm conveniently
   available to the Internet Community.

Working Group Summary

   This is individual submission.  A request for comments was submitted
   to the email list associated with the concluded ipsec working group,
   and comments from Tero Kvinen were received and resolved.  An
   invitation to review the document was also submitted to the IRTF's
   Crypto Forum Research Group mailing list, no significant issues were
   raised. The authors also worked with Alfred  Hines to enhance the
   clarity of their document.

Document Quality

   There are at least two independent implementations of this 
    Internet-Draft.  The implementations were used to generate and 
    verify the test vectors.

Personnel

   The Document Shepherd for this document is Akihiro KATO, and
   the Responsible Area Director is Tim Polk.