Subject: Document Action: 'Downgrading mechanism for Email Address Internationalization' to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 09:46:07 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Downgrading mechanism for Email Address Internationalization '
   <draft-ietf-eai-downgrade-12.txt> as an Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Email Address Internationalization 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Chris Newman and Lisa Dusseault.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eai-downgrade-12.txt

Technical Summary

    This document specifies a downgrading procedure for
    messages that are extended according to the EAI UTF8SMTP
    extension, when these are being sent to a recipient MTA
    that does not support the UTF8SMTP extension.

Working Group Summary

    The WG came to consensus on this document.

Document Quality

    The document has been reviewed in the WG.