Subject: RFC 5427 on Textual Conventions for Syslog Management

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:09:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5427

        Title:      Textual Conventions for Syslog Management 
        Author:     G. Keeni
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 17829
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-syslog-tc-mib-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5427.txt

This MIB module defines textual conventions to represent
Facility and Severity information commonly used in syslog messages.
The intent is that these textual conventions will be imported and
used in MIB modules that would otherwise define their own
representations.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Security Issues in Network Event Logging Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute