Subject: RFC 5416 on Control and Provisioning of Wireless Access Points (CAPWAP) Protocol Binding for IEEE 802.11

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 16:55:14 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5416

        Title:      Control and Provisioning of Wireless 
                    Access Points (CAPWAP) Protocol Binding for 
                    IEEE 802.11 
        Author:     P. Calhoun, Ed.,
                    M. Montemurro, Ed.,
                    D. Stanley, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      76
        Characters: 175870
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-capwap-protocol-binding-ieee80211-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5416.txt

Wireless LAN product architectures have evolved from single
autonomous access points to systems consisting of a centralized
Access Controller (AC) and Wireless Termination Points (WTPs).  The
general goal of centralized control architectures is to move access
control, including user authentication and authorization, mobility
management, and radio management from the single access point to a
centralized controller.

This specification defines the Control And Provisioning of Wireless
Access Points (CAPWAP) Protocol Binding Specification for use with
the IEEE 802.11 Wireless Local Area Network protocol.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Control And Provisioning of Wireless Access Points Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute