Subject: RFC 5484 on Associating Time-Codes with RTP Streams

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 16:02:13 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5484

        Title:      Associating Time-Codes with RTP Streams 
        Author:     D. Singer
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 25408
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-smpte-rtp-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5484.txt

This document describes a mechanism for associating %time-codes, as
defined by the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers
(SMPTE), with media streams in a way that is independent of the RTP
payload format of the media stream itself.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute