Subject: WG Action: Conclusion of Signaling Transport (sigtran)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 12:30:04 -0700 (PDT)

The Signaling Transport (sigtran) working group in the Real-time
Applications and Infrastructure Area has concluded.

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Cullen Jennings.

The mailing list will remain active.

The  SIGTRAN WG has completed its chartered tasks, which primarily
regarded carrying telephone network signaling over the Internet. The WG
has produced documents that:

- Described a new transport protocol (the Stream Control Transport
Protocol, SCTP)

- Developed adaptation layers for existing tunneling lower-layer
telephone network protocols

- Provided an architecture for migrating telephony signaling into an
Internet Protocol environment

This concludes the working group. The Area Directors would like to thank
Lyndon Ong, the WG chair, and the authors and WG participants. The mailing
list will be kept open indefinitely.

Jon Peterson
Cullen Jennings
RAI Co-ADs