Subject: Protocol Action: 'ForCES Protocol Specification' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 07:05:41 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'ForCES Protocol Specification '
   <draft-ietf-forces-protocol-22.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Forwarding and Control Element 
Separation Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and David Ward.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-forces-protocol-22.txt

Technical Summary
 
  This document specifies the Forwarding and Control Element Separation
  (ForCES) protocol.  ForCES protocol is used for communications
  between Control Elements(CEs) and Forwarding Elements (FEs) in a
  ForCES Network Element (ForCES NE).  This specification is intended
  to meet the ForCES protocol requirements defined in RFC3654.  Besides
  the ForCES protocol, this specification also defines the requirements
  for the Transport Mapping Layer (TML).
 
Working Group Summary
 
  No dissent reported. This document is the result of a merger of 
  several proposals from competing design teams and represents a 
  good WG consensus.
 
Protocol Quality
 
  There are at least four different implementations of this protocol
  (see the PROTO writeup in the tracker). This specification has been
  extensively reviewed, and has been updated based on these reviews
  including routing directorate reviews by Sue Hares and Alia Atlas, 
  Gen-Art review by Eric Gray, Sec-Dir review by Uri Blumenthal, and
  IESG review. 

IANA Note

   Jamal Hadi Salim [[email-masked]] has volunteered to be the designated
   IANA expert for this document.