Subject: RFC 5430 on Suite B Profile for Transport Layer Security (TLS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 11:40:39 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5430

        Title:      Suite B Profile for Transport 
                    Layer Security (TLS) 
        Author:     M. Salter, E. Rescorla,
                    R. Housley
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 27586
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-rescorla-tls-suiteb-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5430.txt

The United States government has published guidelines for "NSA Suite
B Cryptography", which defines cryptographic algorithm policy for
national security applications.  This document defines a profile of
Transport Layer Security (TLS) version 1.2 that is fully conformant
with Suite B.  This document also defines a transitional profile for
use with TLS version 1.0 and TLS version 1.1 which employs Suite B
algorithms to the greatest extent possible.  This memo provides 
information for the Internet community. 

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute