Subject: RFC 5445 on Basic Forward Error Correction (FEC) Schemes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 16:01:22 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5445

        Title:      Basic Forward Error Correction (FEC) 
                    Schemes 
        Author:     M. Watson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 41713
        Obsoletes:  RFC3452, RFC3695

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-basic-schemes-revised-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5445.txt

This document provides Forward Error Correction (FEC) Scheme
specifications according to the Reliable Multicast Transport (RMT)
FEC building block for the Compact No-Code FEC Scheme, the Small
Block, Large Block, and Expandable FEC Scheme, the Small Block
Systematic FEC Scheme, and the Compact FEC Scheme.  This document
obsoletes RFC 3695 and assumes responsibility for the FEC Schemes
defined in RFC 3452.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute