Subject: New Letter of Invitation Request Tool

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 09:11:59 -0700

It is now possible to request a letter of invitation (LOI) to attend  
any published future IETF meeting. This has been put into place in  
order to give potential attendees a longer lead time for their visa  
application to be processed. In order to receive a LOI using the  
automated system, you must meet one of the following criteria:

• Author of a -01 or above version Internet Draft
• Author of an RFC
• Attended an IETF meeting since IETF 65

The multi-LOI Request Tool is available on the main meetings page and  
a direct link is provided here:

https://www.ietf.org/registration/letterofinvite/letterofinvite.py

The LOI tool will ask for your email address for validation purposes.  
If you provide a different email address than the one we have on file  
for you, the system will not be able to generate a LOI and you will  
need to contact [email-masked] so that we can update your email  
address in the database.

Currently the LOI system is providing letters of invitation for IETF  
75, 76 and 77.  Please note that IETF 76 will be in Hiroshima, Japan  
and because Japan's visa requirements are somewhat unique, the IETF  
letter of invitation alone will not be sufficient for visa application  
purposes. When IETF 76 gets a bit closer, we will be working closely  
with WIDE, the host of IETF 76, to provide additional assistance with  
visa applications.

Coming soon:
We are configuring the system to allow authors of -00 version working  
group drafts to request a LOI via the system as well, and we will have  
this available shortly. In the meantime, if you don't meet the  
criteria to obtain an LOI via the automated system, you are encouraged  
to contact the IETF Registrar at [email-masked] for assistance.

Regards,
Alexa

-----------
Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: [email-masked]

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>