Subject: Last Call: rfc3852 (Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)) to Draft Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 07:12:26 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has received a request from the smime WG (smime) to consider 
the following document:

- 'Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) '
  RFC 3852 as a Draft Standard

Note that the implementation report was prepared according to the
guidelines
in the following internet draft
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dusseault-impl-reports-01.txt

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2009-04-22. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3852.txt

Implementation Report can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/IESG/implementation.html

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=3852&rfc_flag=1