Subject: Protocol Action: 'BGP IPsec Tunnel Encapsulation Attribute' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 13:09:07 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'BGP IPsec Tunnel Encapsulation Attribute '
   <draft-ietf-softwire-encaps-ipsec-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Softwires Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-softwire-encaps-ipsec-03.txt

Technical Summary

The BGP Encapsulation Subsequence Address Family Identifiers (SAFI)
provides a method for the dynamic exchange of encapsulation
information, and the indication of encapsulation protocol types
to be used for different next hops. Currently support for GRE and L2TPv3
tunnel types are defined. This document defines support for IPsec
tunnel types.

Working Group Summary

The SOFTWIRE WG supports the development and advancement of this
document.

Protocol Quality

This document was thoroughly reviewed by WG chairs and WG members,
including those with expertise in IPv4 to IPv6 transitions and
interworking.

Dave Ward is the WG chair shepherd. Ralph Droms is the
responsible Area director.