Subject: Call for IAOC Scribes

From: The IAOC <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 14:17:01 -0700 (PDT)

Since the days of the IASA transition team, Marshall Eubanks has acted as
the scribe for the IAOC and IETF Trust.  Since he was selected by the
NOMCOM for membership on the IAOC he can no longer serve as scribe.  The
IAOC needs new scribes.

Serving as the IAOC scribe is great way to learn about the interworking
of the IAOC and IETF trust, and to serve the community.  As noted above
the previous scribe, Marshall Eubanks, was appointed by the NOMCOM to
serve on the IAOC and IETF Trust and is now the chair of the IETF trust.

The general guidelines are:

- At least one scribe attends the regular IAOC and IETF Trust telechats
(currently 10:00-11:30 US ET on 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month).

- The scribe(s) will record narrative minutes of the discussions, but
they will not take part in the discussions except to ask for
clarifications.

- Minutes are expected to be approved by the IAOC at the next scheduled
meeting.

- The IAOC has at least one retreat per year, and also meets in person at
least once during each IETF week.

The total effort will average out to a few hours per week, with some
periods of higher activity.

If you are interested, please write to [email-masked] by April 23, 2009. 
We'll keep names confidential, unless people choose to volunteer in
public.  Include why you would like to do this job.  While candidates
should forward their resumes if possible, selection will be primarily
based on the results of a "trial run" scribing for a real IAOC or IETF
Trust meeting.

Thanks,

Bob Hinden
IAOC Chair