Subject: Protocol Action: 'LDP Capabilities' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 06:24:40 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'LDP Capabilities '
   <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-capabilities-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-capabilities-04.txt

Technical Summary

   A number of enhancements to the Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) 
   have been proposed. Some have been implemented, and some are 
   advancing toward standardization.  It is likely that additional 
   enhancements will be proposed in the future.  At present, LDP has
   no mechanism for advertising such enhancements at LDP session 
   initialization time.  There is also no mechanism to enable and 
   disable enhancements after the session is established. This
   document defines a mechanism for advertising LDP enhancements at
   session initialization time, as well as a mechanism to enable and
   disable enhancements after LDP session establishment. 

Working Group Summary

   This document represents the WG consensus as a whole: the WG as 
   a whole understands and agrees with it. The document has been 
   through wg last call with good and constructive comments, it has
   also been reviewed by subject-matter experts who are WG members.
   No controvery reported (see PROTO writeup by Loa Andersson in 
   the tracker)

Document Quality

   There is at least one known implementation. The document has been 
   well reviewed in the WG and updated based on Gen-Art comments. 

Personnel

   Loa Andersson is the Document Shepherd for this document.  Ross
   Callon is the Responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

   The address and corporate affiliation for Bob Thomas should be 
   double checked. He can be contacted at: [email-masked].