Subject: RFC 5468 on Performance Analysis of Inter-Domain Path Computation Methodologies

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 16:53:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5468

        Title:      Performance Analysis of Inter-Domain Path 
                    Computation Methodologies 
        Author:     S. Dasgupta, J. de Oliveira,
                    JP. Vasseur
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       April 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 24151
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-dasgupta-ccamp-path-comp-analysis-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5468.txt

This document presents a performance comparison between the per-domain
path computation method and the Path Computation Element (PCE)
Architecture-based Backward Recursive Path Computation (BRPC)
procedure.  Metrics to capture the significant performance aspects are
identified, and detailed simulations are carried out on realistic
scenarios.  A performance analysis for each of the path computation
methods is then undertaken.  This memo provides information for the 
Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute