Subject: RFC 5518 on Vouch By Reference

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 16:53:46 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5518

        Title:      Vouch By Reference 
        Author:     P. Hoffman, J. Levine,
                    A. Hathcock
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 23730
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-hoffman-dac-vbr-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5518.txt

This document describes the Vouch By Reference (VBR) protocol.  VBR
is a protocol for adding third-party certification to email.  It
permits independent third parties to certify the owner of a domain
name that is associated with received mail.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute