Subject: Second Last Call: rfc3852 (Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)) to Draft Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 06:58:42 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has received a request from the smime WG (smime) to consider 
the following document:

- 'Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) '
  RFC 3852 as a Draft Standard

No technical issues were raised during the first Last Call.  However, the
Last Call failed to highlight two normative references to standards track
documents of lower maturity:  RFCs 3280 and 3281.

This abbreviated Last Call is focused solely on whether downrefs to these
Proposed Standards are appropriate in the context of RFC 3852.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2009-05-06.   Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3852.txt

Implementation Report can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/IESG/implementation.html

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=3852&rfc_flag=1