Subject: RFC 5509 on Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Registration of Instant Messaging and Presence DNS SRV RRs for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 16:46:47 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5509

        Title:      Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) 
                    Registration of Instant Messaging and Presence 
                    DNS SRV RRs for the Session 
                    Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     S. Loreto
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 10053
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-loreto-simple-im-srv-label-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5509.txt

This document registers with IANA two new DNS SRV protocol labels for
resolving Instant Messaging and Presence services with SIP.  [STANDARDS
TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute