Subject: RFC 5529 on Modes of Operation for Camellia for Use with IPsec

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 16:48:54 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5529

        Title:      Modes of Operation for Camellia 
                    for Use with IPsec 
        Author:     A. Kato, M. Kanda, S. Kanno
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 13030
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-kato-ipsec-camellia-modes-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5529.txt

This document describes the use of the Camellia block cipher
algorithm in Cipher Block Chaining (CBC) mode, Counter (CTR) mode,
and Counter with CBC-MAC (CCM) mode as additional, optional-to-
implement Internet Key Exchange Protocol version 2 (IKEv2) and
Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) mechanisms to provide
confidentiality, data origin authentication, and connectionless
integrity.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute