Subject: BCP 148, RFC 5508 on NAT Behavioral Requirements for ICMP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 16:53:45 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 148        
        RFC 5508

        Title:      NAT Behavioral Requirements for ICMP 
        Author:     P. Srisuresh, B. Ford,
                    S. Sivakumar, S. Guha
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       April 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 67985
        See Also:   BCP0148

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-behave-nat-icmp-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5508.txt

This document specifies the behavioral properties required of the
Network Address Translator (NAT) devices in conjunction with the
Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP).  The objective of this
memo is to make NAT devices more predictable and compatible with
diverse application protocols that traverse the devices.  Companion
documents provide behavioral recommendations specific to TCP, UDP,
and other protocols.  This document specifies an Internet Best Current 
Practices for the Internet Community, and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.

This document is a product of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute