Subject: RFC 5493 on Requirements for the Conversion between Permanent Connections and Switched Connections in a Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Networ

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 16:46:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5493

        Title:      Requirements for the Conversion between 
                    Permanent Connections and Switched Connections in 
                    a Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) 
                    Network
        Author:     D. Caviglia, D. Bramanti,
                    D. Li, D. McDysan
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       April 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 21991
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-pc-and-sc-reqs-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5493.txt

>From a carrier perspective, the possibility of turning a permanent
connection (PC) into a soft permanent connection (SPC) and vice
versa, without actually affecting data plane traffic being carried
over it, is a valuable option.  In other terms, such operation can be
seen as a way of transferring the ownership and control of an
existing and in-use data plane connection between the management
plane and the control plane, leaving its data plane state untouched.

This memo sets out the requirements for such procedures within a
Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) network.  This 
memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute