Subject: RFC 5494 on IANA Allocation Guidelines for the Address Resolution Protocol (ARP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 16:53:44 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5494

        Title:      IANA Allocation Guidelines for the 
                    Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) 
        Author:     J. Arkko, C. Pignataro
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 11894
        Updates:    RFC826, RFC951, RFC1044, RFC1329, RFC2131, RFC2132, 
                    RFC2176, RFC2225, RFC2834, RFC2835, RFC3315, RFC4338,  
                    RFC4361, RFC4701

        I-D Tag:    draft-arkko-arp-iana-rules-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5494.txt

This document specifies the IANA guidelines for allocating new values
in the Address Resolution Protocol (ARP).  This document also
reserves some numbers for experimentation purposes.  The changes also
affect other protocols that employ values from the ARP name spaces.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute