Subject: RFC 5451 on Message Header Field for Indicating Message Authentication Status

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 15:49:57 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5451

        Title:      Message Header Field for Indicating 
                    Message Authentication Status 
        Author:     M. Kucherawy
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      43
        Characters: 97404
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-kucherawy-sender-auth-header-20.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5451.txt

This memo defines a new header field for use with electronic mail
messages to indicate the results of message authentication efforts.
Any receiver-side software, such as mail filters or Mail User Agents
(MUAs), may use this message header field to relay that information
in a convenient way to users or to make sorting and filtering
decisions.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute