Subject: RFC 5521 on Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) for Route Exclusions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 16:55:05 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5521

        Title:      Extensions to the Path Computation 
                    Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) for Route 
                    Exclusions 
        Author:     E. Oki, T. Takeda,
                    A. Farrel
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 36294
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-pcep-xro-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5521.txt

The Path Computation Element (PCE) provides functions of path
computation in support of traffic engineering (TE) in Multi-Protocol
Label Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks.

When a Path Computation Client (PCC) requests a PCE for a route, it
may be useful for the PCC to specify, as constraints to the path
computation, abstract nodes, resources, and Shared Risk Link Groups
(SRLGs) that are to be explicitly excluded from the computed route.
Such constraints are termed "route exclusions".

The PCE Communication Protocol (PCEP) is designed as a communication
protocol between PCCs and PCEs.  This document presents PCEP
extensions for route exclusions.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute