Subject: Protocol Action: 'SIP Interface to VoiceXML Media Services' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 10:11:25 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'SIP Interface to VoiceXML Media Services '
   <draft-ietf-mediactrl-vxml-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Media Server Control Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Robert Sparks and Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mediactrl-vxml-04.txt

Technical Summary

his document describes a SIP interface to VoiceXML media services.
Commonly, application servers controlling media servers use this
protocol for pure VoiceXML processing capabilities. This protocol is an
adjunct to the full MEDIACTRL protocol and packages mechanism.

Working Group Summary

There is consensus in the WG to publish this document.

Document Quality

This document has had sufficient work group review. In addition, it had
external review by the SIP Work Group. There are multiple known
interoperable client and server implementations.

The document has been checked using idnits and an ABNF checker and
passed both checks.

Personnel

Eric Burger shepherds this document, has reviewed this document, and
believes that the -01 version is ready for forwarding to the IESG for
publication. The responsible Area Director is Jon Peterson. Gen-ART review
was provided by Pete McCann.

RFC Editor Note

 RFC Editor: Please make the following change:
    Section 2.1, page 12, 3rd paragraph after ABNF:
  OLD: the VoiceXML Media Server MUST support the sip: scheme
  NEW: the VoiceXML Media Server MUST support the sips: scheme