Subject: Protocol Action: 'Heartbeat Mechanism for Proxy Mobile IPv6' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 10:08:57 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Heartbeat Mechanism for Proxy Mobile IPv6 '
   <draft-ietf-netlmm-pmipv6-heartbeat-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network-based Localized Mobility 
Management Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netlmm-pmipv6-heartbeat-07.txt

Technical Summary

   Proxy Mobile IPv6 has consists of two network elements -
   Mobile Access Gateway (MAG), and Local Mobility Anchor (LMA).
   This heartbeat mechanism provides a failure detection mechanism
   between those two network elements.

Working Group Summary

   There is a consensus in Netlmm WG that this specification is ready
   to be published as a proposed standard.

Document Quality

   The document has gone through various reviews and a successful WGLC.

Personnel

   Responsible AD is Jari Arkko and the document shepherd is Jonne
   Soininen.