Subject: RFC 5428 on Management Event Management Information Base (MIB) for PacketCable- and IPCablecom-Compliant Devices

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 16:38:10 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5428

        Title:      Management Event Management Information Base 
                    (MIB) for PacketCable- and IPCablecom-Compliant
                    Devices 
        Author:     S. Channabasappa, W. De Ketelaere,
                    E. Nechamkin
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 78139
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-eventmess-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5428.txt

This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
In particular, it defines a basic set of managed objects for Simple
Network Management Protocol (SNMP)-based management of events that
can be generated by PacketCable- and IPCablecom-compliant Multimedia
Terminal Adapter devices.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP over Cable Data Network Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute