Subject: RFC 5502 on The SIP P-Served-User Private-Header (P-Header) for the 3GPP IP Multimedia (IM) Core Network (CN) Subsystem

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 16:53:43 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5502

        Title:      The SIP P-Served-User Private-Header (P-Header) 
                    for the 3GPP IP Multimedia (IM) 
                    Core Network (CN) Subsystem 
        Author:     J. van Elburg
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       April 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 33553
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-vanelburg-sipping-served-user-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5502.txt

This document specifies the SIP P-Served-User P-header.  This header
field addresses an issue that was found in the 3rd Generation
Partnership Project (3GPP) IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem) between an
S-CSCF (Serving Call Session Control Function) and an AS (Application
Server) on the ISC (IMS Service Control) interface.  This header
field conveys the identity of the served user and the session case
that applies to this particular communication session and application
invocation.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute