Subject: RFC 5514 on IPv6 over Social Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 09:25:42 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5514

        Title:      IPv6 over Social Networks 
        Author:     E. Vyncke
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       1 April 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 10127
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-vyncke-ip-over-social-network-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5514.txt

There is a lack of IPv6 utilization in early 2009; this is partly
linked to the fact that the number of IPv6 nodes is rather low.  This
document proposes to vastly increase the number of IPv6 hosts by
transforming all Social Networking platforms into IPv6 networks.
This will immediately add millions of IPv6 hosts to the existing IPv6
Internet.  This document includes sections on addressing and
transport of IPv6 over a Social Network.  A working prototype has
been developed.  This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the 
Internet community.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute