Subject: RFC 5540 on 40 Years of RFCs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 16:26:52 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5540

        Title:      40 Years of RFCs 
        Author:     RFC Editor
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       7 April 2009 
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      3
        Characters: 5579
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5540.txt

This RFC marks the 40th anniversary of the RFC document series.  This memo 
provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute