Subject: Update: RFC Editor Services Bidders Conference

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 13:05:54 -0700 (PDT)

Update:

All;
To clarify -

Attendance at the Bidders Conference is optional.

Attendance will not be used as part of the selection criteria for the
positions sought.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director

--------------------------------------------------------------------
There will be an RFC Editor Services Bidders Conference on June 3, 2009.
The conference
will permit those considering the positions of RFC Series Editor,
Independent Submissions Editor,
or bidding on the RFC Production Center RFP to appear and ask questions of
the incumbent
RFC Editor, the University of Southern California, Information Sciences
Institute, which is not
pursuing the opportunity.

The Agenda for the conference is as follows:

   1. Welcome and Introductions
   2. Bidders Conference Process & Agenda
   3. RFC Editor Restructuring Model
   4. RFC Editor History
   5. How an Internet Draft becomes an RFC: The Process and Demo
   6. Questions and Answer Period
   7. Wrap Up

Written questions received at [email-masked] prior to June 3rd will
be answered at the
conference without divulging the source of the query. A reasonable attempt
will be made to provide
answers to questions raised during the conference prior to the conclusion
of the conference.

If questions asked at the conference cannot be adequately answered during
the discussion, answers
will be provided online by June 12th.
Oral answers provided at the conference may be updated or modified when
published. The published answers
are the official responses.

The deadline for the submission to [email-masked] of any questions
is June 5, 2009. Answers to
those questions, together with the questions and answers from the Bidders
Conference will be published online
at www.iaoc.ietf.org no later than June 12, 2009.

The conference will be from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM on June 3, 2009 at ISI,
4676 Admiralty Way,
Marina del Rey, CA 90292, 11th floor, South Tower.

Directions:
http://www3.isi.edu/about-isi_profile/about-locations/about-directions.htm

Parking is in either the parking lot or in the attached parking structure.
Parking tickets will be validated.

Accommodations list:
http://www3.isi.edu/about-isi_profile/about-locations/about-accommodations_marina_del_rey.htm
Reservations are requested and can be made to [email-masked].