Subject: Protocol Action: 'RTP Payload Format for ITU-T Recommendation G.722.1' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 11:10:13 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'RTP Payload Format for ITU-T Recommendation G.722.1 '
   <draft-ietf-avt-rfc3047-bis-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rfc3047-bis-09.txt

Technical Summary
International Telecommunication Union (ITU-T) Recommendation G.722.1
is a wide-band audio codec. This document describes the payload
format for including G.722.1 generated bit streams within an RTP
packet. The document also describes the syntax and semantics of the
SDP parameters needed to support G.722.1 audio codec.

Working Group Summary
The G722.1 codec can change bit rate in mid-stream. Dealing
with this successfully was an issue for discussion during
WGLC. The resolution was to require each bit rate to have
its own payload type.

Document Quality
Magnus Westerlund performed the initial review of the
document. Aurelien Sollaud also provided careful reviews,
particularly during WGLC.

Personnel

   Tom Taylor is the Document Shepherd. 

RFC Editor Note

In section 7
OLD
  The new draft obsoletes RFC3047
NEW
  This specification obsoletes RFC3047