Subject: Draft RFC Production Center RFP for Community Comment

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 12:44:31 -0700 (PDT)

The IAOC intends to issue an RFP for the RFC Production Center function no
later than
22 May 2009. To that end we seek your review and comments to the draft
RFP.  The draft RFP can be found at:  http://iaoc.ietf.org/rfpsrfis.html 

Comments should be submitted by 15 May to ensure consideration.

The 22 page draft RFP contains the following elements:

Section I General Procedural Information                                
                                                 
Section II Specifications                                                
                                                             
Section III Summary of Work Statement                                    
                                                
Section IV Service Levels                                                
                                                            
Section V Proposal Format                                                
                                                          
Section VI Selection                                                     
                                                               
Section VII Other Terms and Conditions                                   

Section VIII Offeror Checklist                                           
                                                         
Section IX Signature Page        

Some items of interest include:

1. Term 
The IAOC is looking for a long-term relationship commencing on January 1,
2010 of up to six (6) years with a successful contractor.  Accordingly, it
is looking to structure a six (6) year term with contract review points at
the two-year mark and again at the four-year mark to evaluate the success
of the contractor within an RFC Series model. 

2. Bidders Conference
A bidders conference will be held on June 3, 2009 at ISI in Marina del Rey
California

3. Statement of Work Subject to Change
The SOW is subject to modification as a result of changes to the RFC
Editor Services model, <draft-iab-rfc-editor-model-04.txt>.

4. Tests
Tests may be required to demonstrate the necessary skills.  Tests may
include, for example, copy editing for editing, formatting, and compliance
with the RFC Style Manual. 

5. Best Value Contract
The IAOC is looking for the best value combination of performance and
cost; not necessarily the lowest bidder.

6. Timeline

22 May 	RFP Issued
3 June		Bidders Conference
5 June		Questions and Inquiries deadline
12 Jun		Answers to questions deadline
19 Jun		Addenda & Corrigenda deadline
29 Jun		Proposals due
30 Jun – 29 Jul	Initial Proposal Evaluation Period
29 Jul		IAOC selects vendor to conduct negotiations
29 Jul – 15 Sep	Negotiations
17 Sep		Contract Award
Oct - Dec	Vendor transition
Jan 1, 2010	Contract(s) commence

Your comments have been of enormous assistance in the past. Please direct
them to the RFC Interest list at [email-masked].

Thanks,

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director