Subject: RFC 5543 on BGP Traffic Engineering Attribute

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 16:46:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5543

        Title:      BGP Traffic Engineering Attribute 
        Author:     H. Ould-Brahim, D. Fedyk,
                    Y. Rekhter
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11883
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-softwire-bgp-te-attribute-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5543.txt

This document defines a new BGP attribute, the Traffic Engineering
attribute, that enables BGP to carry Traffic Engineering information.

The scope and applicability of this attribute currently excludes its
use for non-VPN reachability information.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute