Subject: 2009 Jonathen Postel Service Award

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 13:08:00 -0700 (PDT)

Postel Service Award deadline is 29 May

Nominations for the 2009 Jonathan B. Postel Service Award are due by 29
May.
The Internet Society presents this annual award to an individual or an
organization that has made outstanding contributions in service to the
data
communications community. This year the award will be presented during the
75th Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) meeting in Stockholm, Sweden,
26-31 July. The award includes a presentation crystal and a prize of USD
20,000. 

The award recognizes sustained and substantial technical contributions,
service to the community, and leadership. With respect to leadership, the
nominations committee places particular emphasis on candidates who have
supported and enabled others in addition to their own specific actions.

More information about the award, the nomination procedure, and about Jon
Postel's life and contributions is available here
http://www.isoc.org/postel/.

For the Internet Society

Ray Pelletier
IAD