Subject: Protocol Action: 'Secure Shell Transport Model for SNMP' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 07:24:10 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Secure Shell Transport Model for SNMP '
   <draft-ietf-isms-secshell-18.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Integrated Security Model for SNMP 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Pasi Eronen and Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isms-secshell-18.txt

Technical Summary

   The document defines a Transport Model for the Simple Network
   Management Protocol (SNMP), using the Secure Shell protocol (SSH).
   The document also defines a portion of the Management Information
   Base (MIB) for monitoring and managing the Secure Shell Transport
   Model for SNMP.

Working Group Summary

   The document has mainly been updated recently to track
   clarifications and to improve the readability. There has been WG
   consensus on revision 15 of this document and there are no
   controversies on the technical solution.

Document Quality

   There are two known implementations in progress of the Secure Shell
   Transport Model. There are no further vendor commitments at the
   moment to implement this specification.

Personnel

   The document shepherd is Juergen Schoenwaelder, and the responsible
   area director is Pasi Eronen.