Subject: Protocol Action: 'RTP Payload Format for Adaptive TRansform Acoustic Coding (ATRAC) Family' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 11:06:44 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'RTP Payload Format for Adaptive TRansform Acoustic Coding (ATRAC) 
   Family '
   <draft-ietf-avt-rtp-atrac-family-24.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-atrac-family-24.txt

        Technical Summary
  This document describes an RTP payload format for efficient and
  flexible transporting of audio data encoded with the Adaptive
  TRansform Audio Coding (ATRAC) family of codecs. Recent enhancements
  to the ATRAC family of codecs support high quality audio coding with
  multiple channels.  The RTP payload format as presented in this
  document also includes support for data fragmentation, elementary
  redundancy measures, and a variation on scalable streaming.

          Working Group Summary
  The first predecessor to this document appeared in late 2002. Since 
  then the document has progressed steadily with strong guidance from
  the AVT Chairs. It was accepted as a Working Group item in August 2004.
  Working Group Last Call drew one comment on the media types list and 
  a final Chair's review. All comments have been resolved.

          Document Quality
  The authors have implemented the content of the document. Media type
  review was requested for the three media types on 19/2/2008.

          Personnel
  Document Shepherd is Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>. 
  Cullen Jennings is the responsible Area Director.