Subject: Protocol Action: 'Session Initiation Protocol Call Control - Transfer' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 14:27:20 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Session Initiation Protocol Call Control - Transfer '
   <draft-ietf-sipping-cc-transfer-12.txt> as a BCP

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-cc-transfer-12.txt

Technical Summary

This document describes providing Call Transfer capabilities in the
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP). SIP extensions such as REFER and
Replaces are used to provide a number of transfer services including blind
transfer, consultative transfer, and attended transfer. This work is part
of the SIP multiparty call control framework.

Working Group Summary

This draft progressed slowly because it uses mechanisms defined in other
documents. The document had to wait until those mechanisms were ready.
Otherwise, folks in the WG agreed with the direction of the draft from the
beginning.

Document Quality

Gen-ART review for this document was performed by Brian Carpenter.

Personnel

Cullen Jennings is the Responsible Area Director. The WG chair shepherd
for the document is Gonzalo Camarillo.