Subject: RFP for RFC Production Center

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 12:40:58 -0700 (PDT)

The IETF Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC), on behalf of the IETF
and the IAB, announces this Request for Proposal to perform the functions
of the RFC Production Center.  The successful bidder will enter into a
contract with the Internet Society.

The RFC Production Center performs the following functions, among others,
in support of the "Request for Comment" (RFC) document series:

   1.  Editing inputs from all RFC streams to comply with the RFC Style
Manual
   2.  Creating records of edits performed on documents
   3.  Identifying where editorial changes might have technical impact and
seek necessary clarification.
   4   Coordinating with IANA to perform protocol parameter registry
actions
   5.  Establishing publication readiness of each document through
communication with the authors, document shepherds, IANA and/or stream
dependent contacts, and if needed with the RFC Series Editor.
   6.  Forwarding ready-to-publish documents to the RFC Publisher

The RFP can be found at: http://iaoc.ietf.org/rfced-procurement.html

The IAOC desires a long-term relationship commencing on January 1, 2010
of up to six (6) years with a successful contractor.  Accordingly, it
seeks to structure a six (6) year term with contract review points at the
two-year mark and again at the four-year mark to evaluate the success of
the contractor within an RFC Series model.  The contract will be for a
fixed price, except for certain services as noted in the RFP.

The closing date for submission of proposals is Monday, June 29, 2009 not
later than 5:00 P.M. EDT.  It is expected that a contract will be
concluded by September 17, 2009.

Questions may be directed to [email-masked] through June 5th. 
Questions and answers will be published online at
http://iaoc.ietf.org/rfced-procurement.html no later than June 12, 2009.

A Bidders Conference will be conducted on June 3, 2009 from 10:00 AM to
1:00 PM in the conference room of the incumbent RFC Editor, the University
of Southern California, Information Sciences Institute, in Marina del Rey,
California.  The incumbent is not pursuing the opportunity.  For more
information see Bidders Conference at:
http://iaoc.ietf.org/rfced-procurement.html  Written questions received at
[email-masked] prior to June 3rd will be answered at the conference
without divulging the source of the query. The questions and answers from
the Bidders Conference will be published with questions received by June
5.

The point of contact regarding this RFP is the IETF Administrative
Director, Ray Pelletier.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director