Subject: RFC 5515 on Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) Access Line Information Attribute Value Pair (AVP) Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 16:22:48 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5515

        Title:      Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) 
                    Access Line Information Attribute Value Pair 
                    (AVP) Extensions 
        Author:     V. Mammoliti, C. Pignataro,
                    P. Arberg, J. Gibbons,
                    P. Howard
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       May 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 60768
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-mammoliti-l2tp-accessline-avp-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5515.txt

This document describes a set of Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP)
Attribute Value Pair (AVP) extensions designed to carry the
subscriber Access Line identification and characterization
information that arrives at the Broadband Remote Access Server (BRAS)
with L2TP Access Concentrator (LAC) functionality.  It also describes
a mechanism to report connection speed changes, after the initial
connection speeds are sent during session establishment.  The primary
purpose of this document is to provide a reference for DSL equipment
vendors wishing to interoperate with other vendors' products.  The
L2TP AVPs defined in this document are applicable to both L2TPv2 and
L2TPv3.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute