Subject: RFC 5554 on Clarifications and Extensions to the Generic Security Service Application Program Interface (GSS-API) for the Use of Channel Bindings

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 15:49:12 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5554

        Title:      Clarifications and Extensions to the Generic 
                    Security Service Application Program Interface 
                    (GSS-API) for the Use of Channel Bindings 
        Author:     N. Williams
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 8173
        Updates:    RFC2743

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-channel-bindings-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5554.txt

This document clarifies and generalizes the Generic Security Service
Application Programming Interface (GSS-API) "channel bindings"
facility, and imposes requirements on future GSS-API mechanisms and
programming language bindings of the GSS-API.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Kitten (GSS-API Next Generation) Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute