Subject: Protocol Action: 'Softwire Hub & Spoke Deployment Framework with L2TPv2' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 12:24:26 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Softwire Hub & Spoke Deployment Framework with L2TPv2 '
   <draft-ietf-softwire-hs-framework-l2tpv2-13.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Softwires Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-softwire-hs-framework-l2tpv2-13.txt

Technical Summary

This document describes the framework of the Softwire "Hub and Spoke"
solution with the Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol version 2 (L2TPv2). The
implementation details specified in this document should be followed
to achieve interoperability among different vendor implementations.

Working Group Summary

  The SOFTWIRE WG supports the development and advancement of this
document. 

Protocol Quality

  This document was thoroughly reviewed by WG chairs and WG members, 
  including those with expertise in IPv4 to IPv6 transitions and
  interworking.