Subject: RFC 5530 on IMAP Response Codes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 16:43:46 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5530

        Title:      IMAP Response Codes 
        Author:     A. Gulbrandsen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 17169
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-gulbrandsen-imap-response-codes-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5530.txt

IMAP responses consist of a response type (OK, NO, BAD), an optional
machine-readable response code, and a human-readable text.

This document collects and documents a variety of machine-readable
response codes, for better interoperation and error reporting.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute