Subject: RFC 5553 on Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) Extensions for Path Key Support

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 14:54:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5553

        Title:      Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) Extensions 
                    for Path Key Support 
        Author:     A. Farrel, Ed.,
                    R. Bradford, JP. Vasseur
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 30020
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-path-key-ero-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5553.txt

The paths taken by Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and
Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Traffic Engineering (TE) Label Switched
Paths (LSPs) may be computed by Path Computation Elements (PCEs).
Where the TE LSP crosses multiple domains, such as Autonomous Systems
(ASes), the path may be computed by multiple PCEs that cooperate,
with each responsible for computing a segment of the path.

To preserve confidentiality of topology within each AS, the PCEs
support a mechanism to hide the contents of a segment of a path (such
as the segment of the path that traverses an AS), called the
Confidential Path Segment (CPS), by encoding the contents as a Path
Key Subobject (PKS) and embedding this subobject within the result of
its path computation.

This document describes how to carry Path Key Subobjects in the
Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) Explicit Route Objects (EROs)
and Record Route Objects (RROs) so as to facilitate confidentiality in
the signaling of inter-domain TE LSPs.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute