Subject: RFC 5531 on RPC: Remote Procedure Call Protocol Specification Version 2

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 16:44:03 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5531

        Title:      RPC: Remote Procedure Call Protocol 
                    Specification Version 2 
        Author:     R. Thurlow
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      63
        Characters: 161720
        Obsoletes:  RFC1831

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc1831bis-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5531.txt

This document describes the Open Network Computing (ONC) Remote
Procedure Call (RPC) version 2 protocol as it is currently
deployed and accepted.  This document obsoletes RFC 1831.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Draft Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute