Subject: RFC Editor Services Bidders Conference

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 12:42:29 -0700 (PDT)

There will be an RFC Editor Services Bidders Conference on June 3, 2009. 
The conference will permit those considering the positions of RFC Series
Editor, Independent Submissions Editor, or bidding on the RFC Production
Center RFP to appear and ask questions of the incumbent RFC Editor, the
University of Southern California, Information Sciences Institute, which
is not pursuing the opportunity.  

The Agenda for the conference is as follows:

1.  Welcome and Introductions
2.  Bidders Conference Process & Agenda
3.  RFC Editor Restructuring Model
4.  RFC Editor History
5.  How an Internet Draft becomes an RFC: The Process and Demo
6.  Questions and Answer Period 
7.  Wrap Up

Written questions received at [email-masked] prior to June 3rd will
be answered at the conference without divulging the source of the query. 
A reasonable attempt will be made to provide answers to questions raised
during the conference prior to the conclusion of the conference. 

If questions asked at the conference cannot be adequately answered during
the discussion, answers will be provided online by June 12th. Oral answers
provided at the conference may be updated or modified when published.  The
published answers are the official responses.

The deadline for the submission to [email-masked] of any questions
is June 5, 2009. Answers to those questions, together with the questions
and answers from the Bidders Conference will be published online at
www.iaoc.ietf.org no later than June 12, 2009.

The conference will be from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM on June 3, 2009 at ISI,
4676 Admiralty Way, Marina del Rey, CA 90292, 11th floor, South Tower.  

Directions:
http://www3.isi.edu/about-isi_profile/about-locations/about-directions.htm

Parking is in either the parking lot or in the attached parking structure.
Parking tickets will be validated.

Accommodations list:
http://www3.isi.edu/about-isi_profile/about-locations/about-accommodations_marina_del_rey.htm
Reservations are requested and can be made to [email-masked].

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director