Subject: RFC 5524 on Extended URLFETCH for Binary and Converted Parts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 16:42:45 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5524

        Title:      Extended URLFETCH for Binary and 
                    Converted Parts 
        Author:     D. Cridland
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 15915
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-cridland-urlfetch-binary-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5524.txt

The URLFETCH command defined as part of URLAUTH provides a mechanism
for third parties to gain access to data held within messages in a
user's private store; however, this data is sent verbatim, which is
not suitable for a number of applications.  This memo specifies a
method for obtaining data in forms suitable for non-mail
applications.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Enhancements to Internet email to support diverse service environments Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute