Subject: Protocol Action: 'Quality of Service Parameters for Usage with Diameter' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 10:22:19 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Quality of Service Parameters for Usage with Diameter '
   <draft-ietf-dime-qos-parameters-11.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-qos-parameters-11.txt

Technical Summary

  This document defines a number of Quality of Service (QoS) parameters
  that can be reused for conveying QoS information within RADIUS and
  Diameter.

  The payloads used to carry these QoS parameters are opaque for the
  AAA client and the AAA server itself and interpreted by the
  respective Resource Management Function.

Working Group Summary

   There is consensus in the WG to publish this document.

Document Quality

      The document has been sent for review to DIME, NSIS, TSVWG and 
      RADEXT. This document is part of the solution for extending the 
      QoSFilterRule AVP functionality of the Diameter Base protocol 
      and the functionality of the QoS-Filter-Rule AVP defined in 
      RFC 4005.

Personnel

    David Frascone is the document shepherd for this document. Dan 
    Romascanu is the responsible Area Director.