Subject: RFC 5591 on Transport Security Model for the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 16:55:13 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5591

        Title:      Transport Security Model for the 
                    Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) 
        Author:     D. Harrington, W. Hardaker
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 61747
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isms-transport-security-model-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5591.txt

This memo describes a Transport Security Model for the Simple Network
Management Protocol (SNMP).

This memo also defines a portion of the Management Information Base
(MIB) for monitoring and managing the Transport Security Model for
SNMP.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Integrated Security Model for SNMP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute