Subject: BCP 149, RFC 5589 on Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Call Control - Transfer

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 11:07:15 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 149        
        RFC 5589

        Title:      Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Call 
                    Control - Transfer 
        Author:     R. Sparks, A. Johnston,
                    Ed., D. Petrie
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       June 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      58
        Characters: Jun
        See Also:   BCP0149

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipping-cc-transfer-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5589.txt

This document describes providing Call Transfer capabilities in the
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).  SIP extensions such as REFER and
Replaces are used to provide a number of transfer services including
blind transfer, consultative transfer, and attended transfer.  This
work is part of the SIP multiparty call control framework.  This document 
specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute