Subject: WG Action: RECHARTER: Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions (pppext)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 15:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

The Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions (pppext) working group in the
Internet Area of the IETF has been rechartered.  For additional
information, please contact the Area Directors or the working group
Chairs.

Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions (pppext)
--------------------------------------------
Last Modified: 2009-05-29

Additional information is available at tools.ietf.org/wg/pppext

Chair(s):
James Carlson <[email-masked]>

Internet Area Director(s):
Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>

Internet Area Advisor:
Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pppext
In Body: subscribe
Archive: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/pppext/index.html

Description of Working Group:

The Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP, RFC 1661) is a mature protocol with a
large number of subprotocols, encapsulations and other extensions. The
PPPEXT working group exists to provide a forum for asking clarifications
about the existing specifications and to defend against enhancements
of questionable value. The group is not expected to create new
specifications, and if a need for such work comes up, a recharter is
required. The group may, however, advance existing specifications
to the next level in the standards track, if a need for that comes up.
Similarly, the group may classify existing specifications as Historic
where this is appropriate.

Goals and Milestones:

Done   Advance SDL draft to Experimental
Done   Add VLAN support to BCP (RFC 1638) and recycle at Proposed 
       Standard