Subject: RFC 5574 on RTP Payload Format for the Speex Codec

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 17:09:20 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5574

        Title:      RTP Payload Format for the 
                    Speex Codec 
        Author:     G. Herlein, J. Valin,
                    A. Heggestad, A. Moizard
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 27995
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rtp-speex-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5574.txt

Speex is an open-source voice codec suitable for use in VoIP (Voice
over IP) type applications.  This document describes the payload
format for Speex-generated bit streams within an RTP packet.  Also
included here are the necessary details for the use of Speex with the
Session Description Protocol (SDP).  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute