Subject: RFC 5534 on Failure Detection and Locator Pair Exploration Protocol for IPv6 Multihoming

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 09:40:21 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5534

        Title:      Failure Detection and Locator Pair 
                    Exploration Protocol for IPv6 Multihoming 
        Author:     J. Arkko, I. van Beijnum
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      36
        Characters: 88152
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-shim6-failure-detection-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5534.txt

This document specifies how the level 3 multihoming Shim6 protocol
(Shim6) detects failures between two communicating nodes.  It also
specifies an exploration protocol for switching to another pair of
interfaces and/or addresses between the same nodes if a failure
occurs and an operational pair can be found.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Site Multihoming by IPv6 Intermediation Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute