Subject: RFC 5555 on Mobile IPv6 Support for Dual Stack Hosts and Routers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 17:00:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5555

        Title:      Mobile IPv6 Support for Dual 
                    Stack Hosts and Routers 
        Author:     H. Soliman, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      41
        Characters: 92387
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mext-nemo-v4traversal-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5555.txt

The current Mobile IPv6 and Network Mobility (NEMO) specifications
support IPv6 only.  This specification extends those standards to
allow the registration of IPv4 addresses and prefixes, respectively,
and the transport of both IPv4 and IPv6 packets over the tunnel to the
home agent.  This specification also allows the mobile node to roam
over both IPv6 and IPv4, including the case where Network Address
Translation is present on the path between the mobile node and its
home agent.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Mobility EXTensions for IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute