Subject: IETF 81 Location Preference

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 17:23:40 -0700 (PDT)

On 22 May the IAOC asked your preference between Vancouver and Quebec City
for the IETF 81st meeting location.

With more than 600 responding to the survey, you preferred Quebec City by
64% to 36%.  

Support for Quebec City was widespread:
Asia - 63%
Europe - 68%
North America - 61%

Attended 6 of the last 6 meetings - 68.5%
Attended 1 of last 6 meetings - 51.6% 
Attended a previous meeting in Vancouver - 67.2% 

You can learn more, including preferences for future meeting locations,
at 
https://www.surveymonkey.com/sr.aspx?sm=t_2fbbgsnKxiEZQtkqJnseRhFhKYsLmoL7UYsdeKlPJNE_3d
The IAOC will be taking action on a location for IETF 81 and will make an
announcement following execution of venue contracts.  

Thanks for taking the survey and providing guidance on the selection of
this future meeting location.

Ray Pelletier
IAD