Subject: RFC 5593 on Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) - URL Access Identifier Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 16:47:09 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5593

        Title:      Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) 
                    - URL Access Identifier Extension 
        Author:     N. Cook
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 18149
        Updates:    RFC5092

        I-D Tag:    draft-ncook-urlauth-accessid-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5593.txt

The existing IMAP URL specification (RFC 5092) lists several <access>
identifiers and <access> identifier prefixes that can be used to
restrict access to URLAUTH-generated URLs.  However, these
identifiers do not provide facilities for new services such as
streaming.  This document proposes a set of new <access> identifiers
as well as an IANA mechanism to register new <access> identifiers for
future applications.

This document updates RFC 5092.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute