Subject: Protocol Action: 'DCCP Simultaneous-Open Technique to Facilitate NAT/Middlebox Traversal' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 09:56:26 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'DCCP Simultaneous-Open Technique to Facilitate NAT/Middlebox Traversal '
   <draft-ietf-dccp-simul-open-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Lars Eggert and Magnus Westerlund.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dccp-simul-open-08.txt

Technical Summary

This document specifies an update to the Datagram Congestion Control
Protocol (DCCP), a connection-oriented and datagram-based transport
protocol. The update adds support for the DCCP-Listen packet. This
assists DCCP applications to communicate through middleboxes (e.g. a
DCCP server behind a firewall, or a Network Address Port Translator),
where peering endpoints need to initiate communication in a near-
simultaneous manner to establish necessary middlebox state.

Working Group Summary

A copy of the last-call note was also sent to the BEHAVE WG list.

Document Quality

Compliance of implementations with the final spec. has not been
verified. No interops were performed.

Personnel

Lars Eggert reviewed this document for the IESG.

RFC Editor Note

In section 2.2.2,
OLD:
transitions to the LISTEN'
NEW
transitions to the LISTEN1

In Caption to Figure 3,
OLD:
Updated DCCP pseudocode for INVITED and LISTEN' states
NEW
Updated DCCP pseudocode for INVITED and LISTEN1 states