Subject: RFC 5586 on MPLS Generic Associated Channel

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 17:01:07 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5586

        Title:      MPLS Generic Associated Channel 
        Author:     M. Bocci, Ed.,
                    M. Vigoureux, Ed.,
                    S. Bryant, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 41482
        Updates:    RFC3032, RFC4385, RFC5085

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-tp-gach-gal-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5586.txt

This document generalizes the applicability of the pseudowire (PW)
Associated Channel Header (ACH), enabling the realization of a
control channel associated to MPLS Label Switched Paths (LSPs) and
MPLS Sections in addition to MPLS pseudowires.  In order to identify
the presence of this Associated Channel Header in the label stack,
this document also assigns one of the reserved MPLS label values to
the Generic Associated Channel Label (GAL), to be used as a label
based exception mechanism.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute