Subject: Section Ordering in RFCs (Abstract Placement)

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 18:24:28 -0700

Greetings All,

The recent changes to the copyright for RFCs (RFC 5378), and the
changes that will be required when
draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates-08.txt is published, often
result in the abstract not appearing on the front page of the RFC.
We concur with the IETF-list comments that expressed a desire to
keep the abstract on the front page of the RFC.  For this reason, the
RFC Editor recommends the following section order as the initial
contents of an RFC.  

RFC header/Author information
RFC Title
Abstract
Status of this Memo
[IESG Note - when required]
Copyright 

The RFC Editor will implement this change as of 1 July 2009.

We will make requests with the appropriate individuals for the
templates and tools to be updated accordingly.  However, we will
reorder the sections manually during the final publication stage until
the updated tools are available.

Thank you.

RFC Editor