Subject: Protocol Action: 'Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) Usage for Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Transport Models' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 06:47:10 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) Usage for Simple 
   Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Transport Models '
   <draft-ietf-isms-radius-usage-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Integrated Security Model for SNMP 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Pasi Eronen and Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isms-radius-usage-07.txt

Technical Summary

   The document describes the use of a Remote Authentication Dial-In
   User Service (RADIUS) authentication and authorization service with
   Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) secure Transport Models
   to authenticate users and authorize creation of secure transport
   sessions.

Working Group Summary

   The document has been stable for several revisions. Most updates
   reflected changes in the companion document produced by the RADIUS
   Extensions working group and clarifications to adapt the SNMP
   terminology. There has been WG consensus on revision 05 of this
   document.

Document Quality

   There are no known implementations in progress nor are there any
   known vendor commitments at the moment to implement this
   specification. Note that this document defines how RADIUS
   attributes are to be used in the context of secure SNMP Transport
   Models and bridges between two worlds. The WG last call has been
   posted to the RADIUS Extensions working group and RADIUS experts
   have been involved as document editors.

Personnel

   The document shepherd is Juergen Schoenwaelder, and the responsible
   area director is Pasi Eronen.