Subject: Protocol Action: 'OSPF Link-local Signaling' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 09:19:56 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'OSPF Link-local Signaling '
   <draft-ietf-ospf-lls-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-lls-08.txt

Technical Summary

   This document describes a backward-compatible technique to perform
   link-local signaling, i.e., exchange arbitrary data on a link.

Working Group Summary

   This draft represents the promotion of RFC 4813 from experimental to 
   proposed standard. It also extends LLS to OSPFv3 which is simpler
   since authentication is handled via IPsec. 

Document Quality

   Passes idnits. No issues.

Personnel

   Dave Ward was the original responsible AD. Ross Callon is the current
   responsible AD. Acee Lindem is the document shepherd.