Subject: Document Action: 'Update to the Language Subtag Registry' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 13:13:32 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Update to the Language Subtag Registry '
   <draft-ietf-ltru-4645bis-10.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Language Tag Registry Update Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Alexey Melnikov and Lisa Dusseault.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ltru-4645bis-10.txt

Technical Summary

  This memo defines the procedure used to update the IANA Language
  Subtag Registry in conjunction with the publication of
  draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis,
  for use in forming tags for identifying languages. As an Internet-Draft,

  it also contained a complete replacement of the contents of the
Registry
  to be used by IANA in updating it. This update adds several thousand
  language codes to the registry, which will allow these languages to
  be identified appropriately on the Internet. To prevent confusion, the
  actual registry contents will be removed before publication as an RFC.

Working Group Summary

  The WG process for this document was mostly smooth and revolving
  around details. This document also reflects changes defined in
  draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis, which are disussed in a separate writeup.

Document Quality

  The data contained in the document when it was an Internet Draft
  has been read and processed by several tools the implement parsing
  of the registry format and additional operations on this data.

Personnel

   Martin J. Dürst is the Document Shepherd for this document.
   Alexey Melnikov is the Responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

   Please remove use of RFC 2119 boilerplate, if you think it is
appropriate for this document.