Subject: Testing Complete, Normal Operation Resumed

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 17:22:01 -0700

All -

Testing of the datatracker has been completed.  Normal operations will now
be resuming.

Message corruption was occurring because of the way the IESG Datatracker was
formatting messages.  The bugs existed at 9 different locations in the code,
which code was of course very old code written years ago, as is well known. 
A previous attempt to fix one problem for one instance exposed additional
problems elsewhere in the code.  But, because of the way the IESG
Datatracker works (specifically that a message is created in advance and
stored for future delivery), subsequent fixes did not appear to work because
the broken code had already been executed and already written the broken
messages into the database... where they were stored for later delivery.

So, at this point, I believe that the code is fixed.  However, because of
the way the database is organized, I have no accurate way to target broken
messages.  As a result, there may be more instances of broken messages until
we get the entire database hand-searched and corrected which will, needless
to say, take time.

Thank you for your patience.

Glen Barney
IT Director
AMS (IETF Secretariat)