Subject: Document Action: 'Suite B Certificate and Certificate Revocation List (CRL) Profile' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 09:38:46 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Suite B Certificate and Certificate Revocation List (CRL) Profile '
   <draft-solinas-suiteb-cert-profile-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-solinas-suiteb-cert-profile-04.txt

Technical Summary

	This is a profile of RFC 5280 (PKIX format) that is specific to
	the United States National Security Agency's Suite B Cryptography
	specification. In essence, it profiles RFC 5280 down to meet the
	Suite B requirements.

Working Group Summary

	The document was announced multiple times on the PKIX WG mailing
	list, and some off-list comments were sent to the document
	authors. There was also a short presentation on the document at
	IETF 74. It was not appropriate to discuss it in the WG itself.

Document Quality

	It is expected that this document will be widely adopted by
	vendors for the organization that wrote this profile. Most if not
	all of the algorithms specified in this profile are already in at
	least one popular open-source package.

Personnel

   Paul Hoffman is the Document Shepherd; Tim Polk is the 
   responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

Please move the following references from section 8.2 (Informative) to
section 8.1 (normative)

   [RFC5480] Turner, S., Brown, D., Yiu, K., Housley, R., Polk, T.,
      "Elliptic Curve Cryptography Subject Public Key Information",
      March 2009.

   [sha2-dsa-ecdsa] Dang, Q., Moriarty, K., Brown, D., Polk, T.,
      "Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure: Additional Algorithms
      and Identifiers for DSA and ECDSA",
      draft-ietf-pkix-sha2-dsa-ecdsa-06.txt., work-in-progress, March
      2009.