Subject: Document Action: 'Quick-Start for Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP)' to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 10:24:49 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Quick-Start for Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP) '
   <draft-ietf-dccp-quickstart-05.txt> as an Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Lars Eggert and Magnus Westerlund.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dccp-quickstart-05.txt

Technical Summary

   This document specifies the use of the Quick-Start mechanism by the
   Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP). The document
   specifies general procedures applicable to all DCCP CCIDs and
   specific procedures for the use of Quick-Start with DCCP CCID 2,
   CCID 3 and CCID 4.  Quick-Start enables a DCCP sender to cooperate
   with Quick-Start routers along the end-to-end path to determine an
   allowed sending rate at the start of a connection and, at times, in
   the middle of a DCCP connection (e.g., after an idle or application-
   limited period).

Working Group Summary

   The document has been produced and reviewed by the DCCP working group
   and the WG is in agreement to publish this document. A copy of the WG 
   last-call note was also sent to the TSVWG mailing list.

Document Quality

   There are no implementations known of this specification, apart from 
   ns-2 simulations. The key authors of the original Quick-Start RFC 4782
   have also reviewed the earlier version of the document, and the  
   document has addressed their comments.

Personnel

   The Document shepherd is Pasi Sarolahti ([email-masked]).
   The Responsible Area Director is Lars Eggert ([email-masked]).