Subject: Correction: Protocol Action: 'Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)' to Draft Standard

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 03:51:42 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) '
  <draft-ietf-smime-rfc3852bis-00.txt> as a Draft Standard

This document is the product of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Tim Polk and Pasi Eronen.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-rfc3852bis-00.txt

Technical Summary

  This document specifies the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS),
  which is used to digitally sign, digest, authenticate, or encrypt
  arbitrary message content.  The content of this document is
  based on RFC 3852 but also incorporates errata and the 
  clarifications previously published as RFC 4853.

Working Group Summary

  RFC 3852 was a product of the smime working group.
  CMS is widely referenced, and is a key building block for
  specifications developed by the S/MIME, ltans, and keyprov
  working groups.

Document Quality

  Two or more interoperable implementations have been identified for
  all features.  The implementation report is available at:

http://www.ietf.org/iesg/implementation/report-rfc3852.txt

Personnel

  Tim Polk is the responsible Area Director