Subject: Document Action: 'AES Galois Counter Mode for the Secure Shell Transport Layer Protocol' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 10:00:21 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'AES Galois Counter Mode for the Secure Shell Transport Layer Protocol '
   <draft-igoe-secsh-aes-gcm-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-igoe-secsh-aes-gcm-03.txt

Technical Summary

     The Secure Shell (SSH) secure remote-login protocol is specified
     in RFC 4251.  SSH employs cryptographic algorithms to provide
     authentication, key agreement, confidentiality and data integrity.
     This document specifies the conventions for using AES-GCM, the
     Advanced Encryption Standard in the Galois/Counter Mode, to
     provide both confidentiality and data integrity.

Working Group Summary

     This document is not the product of any IETF working group.

Document Quality

     This document documents the conventions for using AES-GCM with
     Secure Shell Transport Layer Protocol.  The people that want to
     make use of this mode seem to have consensus.

Personnel

   Russ Housley is the Document Shepherd for this document.  Tim Polk
   is the Responsible Area Director.