Subject: Re: Informational RFC to be: draft-saleem-msml-08.txt

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:27:11 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG recommends that 'Media Server Markup Language (MSML)' <draft-saleem-msml-08.txt> NOT be published as an an Informational RFC.

The IESG contact person is Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saleem-msml-08.txt

The process for such documents is described at http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html.

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary
 
This specification describes the Media Server Markup Language (MSML), a
language used to control and invoke a variety of services on media servers
used to support real-time communications. Common examples would be
conference services for audio and/or video bridges and interactive voice
response (IVR) systems.
 
Working Group Summary
 
This document is not a product of an IETF working group; it is an
individual submission via the RFC-Editor.
 
Protocol Quality
 
Jon Peterson and Robert Sparks have performed the RFC3932 reviews of this
document in conjunction with the chairs of the MEDIACTRL working group.

IESG Note:
 
Please use the following standard IESG note:

      This RFC is not a candidate for any level of Internet Standard.
      The IETF disclaims any knowledge of the fitness of this RFC for
      any purpose and in particular notes that the decision to publish
      is not based on IETF review for such things as security,
      congestion control, or inappropriate interaction with deployed
      protocols.  The RFC Editor has chosen to publish this document at
      its discretion.  Readers of this document should exercise caution
      in evaluating its value for implementation and deployment.  See
      RFC 3932 for more information.

Note to the RFC Editor:

The IESG recommends the following:

3. The IESG thinks that publication is harmful to the IETF work done
in the MEDIACTRL WG and recommends not publishing the document at
this time.

The MEDIACTRL chairs feel that this work directly competes with ongoing
work in their group. This work can be published after these drafts are
published:
* draft-ietf-mediactrl-sipcontrol-framework
* draft-ietf-mediactrl-ivr-control-package
* draft-ietf-mediactrl-mixer-control-package