Subject: New IETF Journal available now (Volume 5, Issue 1)

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 17:49:29 +0200

[Apologies for duplicate emails]

Hello,

The new issue of the IETF Journal - Volume 5, Issue 1 - is now
available at http://ietfjournal.isoc.org

You can read this publication online or choose to download the full
issue in PDF format. You can also keep up to date with the latest
issue of the IETF Journal by subscribing to one of our RSS or Atom
feeds.

Please note the link to the Readers Survey. You can access it from
the link above or also from the page the current issue is posted:

http://www.isoc.org/tools/blogs/ietfjournal/?cat=19

I encurage you to complete the survey - it will only take a few
minutes and it will help us to improve the publication.

For other comments or suggestions, please do not hesiate to contact us
at [email-masked].

Kind Regards,
Mirjam Kuehne
Internet Society

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 13:28:30 +0200

ONE WEEK LEFT TO APPLY!

Dear Colleagues,

The Internet Society has announced that it is seeking applications
for the next round of the ISOC Fellowship to the IETF  program, part
of its Future Internet Leaders program (www.isoc.org/leaders). The
program offers engineers from developing countries fellowships that
fund the cost of attending an Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)
meeting.

As you know, the IETF is the Internet's premier standards-making
body, responsible for the development of protocols used in IP-based
networks. IETF participants represent an international community of
network designers, operators, vendors, and researchers involved in
the technical operation of the Internet and the continuing evolution
of Internet architecture.

Fellowships will be awarded through a competitive application
process. The Internet Society is currently accepting fellowship
applications for the next two IETF meetings:

    * IETF 76 being held in Hiroshima, Japan, 8-13 November 2009
    * IETF 77 being held in Anaheim, USA, 21-26 March 2010

Up to six fellowships will be awarded for each IETF meeting.

Full details on the ISOC Fellowship to the IETF, including how to
apply, are located on the ISOC website at :

        http://www.isoc.org/educpillar/fellowship

Fellowship applications for both IETF meetings are due by 

	*31 July 2009*.

The Internet Society formally launched the ISOC Fellowship to the
IETF program in January 2007 after successfully piloting the program
during 2006 at IETF 66 in Montreal and IETF 67 in San Diego. Forty seven
individuals from 29 countries have participated in the program since
its inception.

I encourage you to pass information about this program to individuals
involved in your regional operators' groups that have a keen interest
in the Internet standardisation activities of the IETF.  You also may
consider being a reference for the applicant.

If you have questions, please do not hesiate to contact Connie Kendig
<[email-masked]> or Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>.

Kind Regards,
Mirjam Kuehne
ISOC