Subject: RFC 5610 on Exporting Type Information for IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) Information Elements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 02:29:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5610

        Title:      Exporting Type Information for IP 
                    Flow Information Export (IPFIX) Information Elements 
        Author:     E. Boschi, B. Trammell,
                    L. Mark, T. Zseby
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       July 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],    
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 42526
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipfix-exporting-type-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5610.txt

This document describes an extension to the IP Flow Information
Export (IPFIX) protocol, which is used to represent and transmit data
from IP flow measurement devices for collection, storage, and
analysis, to allow the encoding of IPFIX Information Model properties
within an IPFIX Message stream.  This enables the export of extended
type information for enterprise-specific Information Elements and the
storage of such information within IPFIX Files, facilitating
interoperability and reusability among a wide variety of applications
and tools.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP Flow Information Export Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute