Subject: Protocol Action: 'TCP Congestion Control' to Draft Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 01:36:01 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'TCP Congestion Control '
   <draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc2581bis-07.txt> as a Draft Standard

This document is the product of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Lars Eggert and Magnus Westerlund.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc2581bis-07.txt

Technical Summary

  The congestion control algorithms described in RFC 2581 are widely
  implemented and used.  This document clarifies some specific points
  that have created questions for implementers in the past.

Working Group Summary

  The working group saw the need for this document based on a small
  number of commonly recurring questions about what is meant by certain
  wordings in RFC2581.  The working group was easily able to agree on
  the clarifications that this document provides.

Document Quality

  The document was reviewed for quality by a large number of TCPM
  WG members.

Personnel

  Wes Eddy ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd.
  Lars Eggert ([email-masked]) reviewed the document for the IESG.