Subject: RFC 5588 on Generic Security Service Application Program Interface (GSS-API) Extension for Storing Delegated Credentials

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 16:07:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5588

        Title:      Generic Security Service Application Program 
                    Interface (GSS-API) Extension for Storing Delegated 
                    Credentials 
        Author:     N. Williams
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       July 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 12434
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-store-cred-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5588.txt

This document defines a new function for the Generic Security Service
Application Program Interface (GSS-API), which allows applications to
store delegated (and other) credentials in the implicit GSS-API
credential store.  This is needed for GSS-API applications to use
delegated credentials as they would use other credentials.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Kitten (GSS-API Next Generation) Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute