Subject: Protocol Action: 'Definitions of Managed Objects for Very High Speed Digital Subscriber Line 2 (VDSL2)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 09:31:36 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Definitions of Managed Objects for Very High Speed Digital Subscriber 
   Line 2 (VDSL2) '
   <draft-ietf-adslmib-vdsl2-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the ADSL MIB Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-adslmib-vdsl2-07.txt

Technical Summary

  This document defines a Management Information Base (MIB) module for
  use with network management protocols in the Internet community.  In
  particular, it describes objects used for managing parameters of the
  "Very High Speed Digital Subscriber Line 2 (VDSL2)" interface type,
  which are also applicable for managing Asymmetric Digital Subscriber 
  Line ADSL, ADSL2, and ADSL2+ interfaces.

Working Group Summary

   The WG process was smooth with no real controversies. This is a 
   small WG and only a small number of individuals participated in 
   reviewing and commenting on the document. 

Document Quality

   The initial draft of the document was based on the ADSL2 MIB, and 
   thus it has benefited from all the comments, feedback and reviews 
   that were done on that document. The model and objects follow the 
   ITU-T G.997.1 document. No information is available about
   implementations.

Personnel

   Menahem Dodge is the Document Shepherd. Dan Romascanu is the 
   Responsible Area Director and MIB Doctor. Clay Sikes, David Harrington
   and Bert Wijnen also contributed with expert reviews. 

RFC Editor Note

   In the Abstract section please expand ADSL as Assymetric Digital 
   Subscriber Line at the first occurence. 

   Add the following people to the list in paragraph 6 (Acknowledgments):

  - David B Harrington ([email-masked])
  - Smadar Tauber      ([email-masked])

   Correct the following spelling errors:

   4th line on page 4
   OLD: "ASDSL2 "
   NEW: "ADSL2 "
   
   7th line on page 4
   OLD: "mopdule"
   NEW: "module"

   3rd line in paragraph 2.1
   OLD: "ENITY"
   NEW: "ENTITY"

   Page 8
   OLD: "Inpulse"
   NEW: "Impulse"

   OLD: "Netwrok"
   NEW: "Network"

   OLD: "transmittible"
   NEW: "transmittable"

   7th line from bottom of page 21
   OLD: "optionaly"
   NEW: "optionally" 

   14th line on page 61
   OLD: "procedue"
   NEW: "procedure"

   Middle of page 64
   OLD: "successfull"
   NEW: "successful"

   6th line on page 71
   OLD: "downstreasm"
   NEW: "downstream"

   19th line on page 71
   OLD: "upstreasm"
   NEW: "upstream"

   Top of page 211
   OLD: "xdsl2ChAlarmConfProfileXtucThresh15MinCodingViol ations"
   NEW: "xdsl2ChAlarmConfProfileXtucThresh15MinCodingViolations"

   OLD: "xdsl2ChAlarmConfProfileXturThresh15MinCodingViol ations"
   NEW: "xdsl2ChAlarmConfProfileXturThresh15MinCodingViolations"