Subject: Second Last Call: draft-dusseault-impl-reports (Guidance on

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 14:19:38 -0700 (PDT)

Interoperation and Implementation Reports for Advancement to Draft
Standard) to BCP

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:

- 'Guidance on Interoperation and Implementation Reports for Advancement

   to Draft Standard '
   <draft-dusseault-impl-reports-04.txt> as a BCP

This is a second Last Call, and is intended confirm that the community
has consensus on a specific change to the requirements in RFC 2026 that
was not highlighted in draft -02. While section 2 provided a bulleted list
of RFC 2026 requirements that were relaxed by this specification, one
significant change was omitted from that list.

The following bullet has been added to this list in draft -04:

   o  Optional features that are not implemented, but are important and
      do not harm interoperability, MAY, exceptionally and with approval
      of the IESG, be left in a protocol at Draft Standard.  See
      Section 5.6 for documentation requirements and an example of where
      this is needed.

Note that the content of Section 5.6 was present in draft -02, but there
is concern that this change was not noted since it was omitted from the
list in Section 2.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this specific modification to the requirements specified
in RFC 2026.  Please send substantive comments to the [email-masked]
mailing
lists by 2009-08-04. Exceptionally, comments may be sent to [email-masked]
instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of the Subject line
to 
allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dusseault-impl-reports-04.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=17620&rfc_flag=0