Subject: RFC Editor related appointments

From: IAB Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 10:53:29 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Colleagues,

Hereby some information about appointments that the IAB recently made
in the context of the RFC Editor model and its related selection
process.

=== RFC Series Advisory Group

The RFC Editor model
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-rfc-editor-model) calls for an
RFC Series Advisory Group (RSAG). As described in the model document
the IAB has approached the members of the RFC Editorial Board whether
they are willing to serve on an (interim) RSAG. During its June 25th
2009 meeting, the IAB appointed the following persons as members of an
interim RSAG:

- Joel Halpern
- Bruce Davie
- Scott Bradner
- John Klensin
- Craig Partridge
- Bob Hinden
- Glen Zorn
- Brian Carpenter
- Bob Braden
- Jim Schaad
- Aaron Falk

It is expected that this interim RSAG and RSE will formulate
recommendations to the IAB about this model, in particular the regular
composition, size, and selection process for the permanent RSAG.

The contact e-mail address for this lists will be announced later.

==  Ad-hoc Committee for Selection of Editorial Function

In appendix 2.2 of the RFC Editor model it is mentioned that for the
appointment of the RFC Series Editor and the Independent Submission
Editor the IAB is assisted by an Ad-hoc Committee for Selection of
Editorial Function (ACEF). The IAB appointed the following members to
the ACEF:

- Joel Halpern
- Bruce Davie
- Scott Bradner
- Craig Partridge
- Bob Hinden
- Glen Zorn
- Jim Schaad
- Aaron Falk

IAB members Russ Housley, John Klensin, and Olaf Kolkman will be
joining the committee in order to keep the communication lines between
the IAB and the committee short. The IAD (Ray Pelletier), who will be
negotiation a contract with the RFC Series Editor after the IAB made
an appointment, will be joining as an observer. 

The e-mail address for this committee is: [email-masked]

Finally, I would like to remind the community that the call for an
Independent Submission Editor and the RFC Series Editor is still open
see: 

http://www.rfc-editor.org/pipermail/rfc-interest/2009-June/001371.html
http://www.rfc-editor.org/pipermail/rfc-interest/2009-June/001372.html

For the IAB,

--Olaf Kolkman