Subject: Call for Comments: "Peer-to-peer (P2P) Architectures"

From: IAB Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 12:26:00 -0700 (PDT)

The IAB intends to publish the following document and invites any comments
you might have:

                    Peer-to-peer (P2P) Architectures
                       draft-iab-p2p-archs-02.txt

   Abstract

   In this document we provide a survey of P2P (Peer-to-Peer) systems.
   The survey includes a definition and a taxonomy of P2P systems.  This
   survey also includes a description of which types of applications can
   be built with P2P technologies and examples of P2P applications that
   are currently in use on the Internet.  Finally, we discuss
   architectural tradeoffs and provide guidelines for deciding whether
   or not a P2P architecture would be suitable to meet the requirements
   of a given application.

Please provide your feedback before August 15, 2009.

For the IAB,

--Olaf Kolkman
   IAB Chair