Subject: RFC 5594 on Report from the IETF Workshop on Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Infrastructure, May 28, 2008

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:29:28 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5594

        Title:      Report from the IETF Workshop 
                    on Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Infrastructure, May 28, 
                    2008 
        Author:     J. Peterson, A. Cooper
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       July 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 61652
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-p2pi-cooper-workshop-report-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5594.txt

This document reports the outcome of a workshop organized by the
Real-time Applications and Infrastructure Area Directors of the IETF
to discuss network delay and congestion issues resulting from
increased Peer-to-Peer (P2P) traffic volumes.  The workshop was held
on May 28, 2008 at MIT in Cambridge, MA, USA.  The goals of the
workshop were twofold: to understand the technical problems that ISPs
and end users are experiencing as a result of high volumes of P2P
traffic, and to begin to understand how the IETF may be helpful in
addressing these problems.  Gaining an understanding of where in the
IETF this work might be pursued and how to extract feasible work
items were highlighted as important tasks in pursuit of the latter
goal.  The workshop was very well attended and produced several work
items that have since been taken up by members of the IETF community.  
This memo provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute