Subject: Document Action: 'Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) Key Wrap with Padding Algorithm' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 01:44:46 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) Key Wrap with Padding Algorithm '
   <draft-housley-aes-key-wrap-with-pad-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-housley-aes-key-wrap-with-pad-04.txt

  Technical Summary

    This document specifies a padding convention for use with the
    AES Key Wrap algorithm specified in RFC 3394.  This convention
    eliminates the requirement that the length of the key to be
    wrapped is a multiple of 64 bits, allowing a key of any
    practical length to be wrapped.

  Working Group Summary

    This document is not the product of any IETF working group.

  Document Quality

    Expert reviews have not found any concerns.

Personnel

   Russ Housley is the Document Shepherd for this document.  
   Tim Polk is the Responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

License Note:
This document is being forwarded for publication assuming that the
proposed update to the TLP will be completed by the IETF Trust prior
to completion of the RFC publication process.  If that process does not
terminate successfully, please make the following substitution in
both sections A.1 and A.2, replacing RFC XXXX with the number
assigned to this RFC:

OLD

   DEFINITIONS IMPLICIT TAGS ::=

NEW

   DEFINITIONS IMPLICIT TAGS ::=

--   Copyright (c) 2009 IETF Trust and the persons identified as
--   authors of the code.  All rights reserved.
--
--   Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
--   modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
--   are met:
--
--   - Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
--     notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
--
--   - Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
--     notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in
--     the documentation and/or other materials provided with the
--     distribution.
--
--   - Neither the name of Internet Society, IETF or IETF Trust, nor the
--     names of specific contributors, may be used to endorse or promote
--     products derived from this software without specific prior
--     written permission.
--
--
--
--   THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS
--   'AS IS' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT
--   LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR
--   A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT
--   OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
--   SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT
--   LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE,
--   DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY
--   THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
--   (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE
--   OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
--
--   This code is part of RFC XXXX; see the RFC itself for full legal
notices.
-- 
--