Subject: RFC 5584 on RTP Payload Format for the Adaptive TRansform Acoustic Coding (ATRAC) Family

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 02:30:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5584

        Title:      RTP Payload Format for the 
                    Adaptive TRansform Acoustic Coding (ATRAC) Family 
        Author:     M. Hatanaka, J. Matsumoto
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       July 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 65071
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rtp-atrac-family-24.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5584.txt

This document describes an RTP payload format for efficient and
flexible transporting of audio data encoded with the Adaptive
TRansform Audio Coding (ATRAC) family of codecs.  Recent enhancements
to the ATRAC family of codecs support high-quality audio coding with
multiple channels.  The RTP payload format as presented in this
document also includes support for data fragmentation, elementary
redundancy measures, and a variation on scalable streaming.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute