Subject: RFC 5616 on Streaming Internet Messaging Attachments

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 18:04:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5616

        Title:      Streaming Internet Messaging Attachments 
        Author:     N. Cook
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       August 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 65579
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lemonade-streaming-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5616.txt

This document describes a method for streaming multimedia attachments
received by a resource- and/or network-constrained device from an
IMAP server.  It allows such clients, which often have limits in
storage space and bandwidth, to play video and audio email content.

The document describes a profile for making use of the URLAUTH-
authorized IMAP URLs (RFC 5092), the Network Announcement SIP Media
Service (RFC 4240), and the Media Server Control Markup Language (RFC
5022).  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Enhancements to Internet email to support diverse service environments Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute