Subject: RFC 5635 on Remote Triggered Black Hole Filtering with Unicast Reverse Path Forwarding (uRPF)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 15:36:01 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5635

        Title:      Remote Triggered Black Hole Filtering 
                    with Unicast Reverse Path Forwarding (uRPF) 
        Author:     W. Kumari, D. McPherson
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       August 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 30232
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-opsec-blackhole-urpf-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5635.txt

Remote Triggered Black Hole (RTBH) filtering is a popular and
effective technique for the mitigation of denial-of-service attacks.
This document expands upon destination-based RTBH filtering by
outlining a method to enable filtering by source address as well.  This 
memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute