Subject: Important Information about IETF 76 Meeting Registration

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 13:56:17 -0700

Registration for IETF 76 will open in the next several days and we  
want to alert you to some exciting changes coming your way.

1) New Meeting Registration System
We have moved to a new meeting registration system. The first time you  
use the new system (called ARO) you will need to create an account.  
Your account will be password protected and only you will have access  
to it. Your contact information will be saved, making registration in  
the future much simpler, and you will be able to update your contact  
data, registration information, etc at any time.

2) RFID Tagging Experiment at IETF 76
The hosts for IETF 76 are organizing a RFID tag experiment for the  
meeting. The tag will be affixed to the underside of your meeting  
badge, as a sticker, and will contain only your full name and any  
listed affiliation. The experiment will allow us to explore the  
possibility of electronic blue sheets (though we are still using paper  
blue sheets as the official blue sheets of record). We also hope that  
the RFID tag will improve the experience for remote participants,  
since speakers will be identified through the RFID tags.

While you will be given the option to "opt out" of this experiment  
when you register for the meeting, we sincerely hope you will  
participate.

3)  One-day Guest Pass Experiment
For IETF 76 we are also offering a one-day guest pass for $200. If you  
only plan to attend one day of meetings, you now have the option to  
select which day (Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs or Fri) when you register.  
After the meeting, we will solicit your feedback on the one-day pass  
option and evaluate to see if it makes sense to offer at future  
meetings.

Please contact me if you have any comments or questions. And I look  
forward to seeing you at IETF 76 in Japan!

Regards,
Alexa

-----------
Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: [email-masked]

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>