Subject: RFC 5550 on The Internet Email to Support Diverse Service Environments (Lemonade) Profile

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:41:14 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5550

        Title:      The Internet Email to Support 
                    Diverse Service Environments (Lemonade) Profile 
        Author:     D. Cridland, Ed.,
                    A. Melnikov, Ed.,
                    S. Maes, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      41
        Characters: 84862
        Obsoletes:  RFC4550
        Updates:    RFC4469, RFC4467

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lemonade-profile-bis-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5550.txt

This document describes a profile (a set of required extensions,
restrictions, and usage modes), dubbed Lemonade, of the IMAP, mail
submission, and Sieve protocols.  This profile allows clients
(especially those that are constrained in memory, bandwidth,
processing power, or other areas) to efficiently use IMAP and
Submission to access and submit mail.  This includes the ability to
forward received mail without needing to download and upload the
mail, to optimize submission, and to efficiently resynchronize in
case of loss of connectivity with the server.

The Lemonade Profile relies upon several extensions to IMAP, Sieve,
and Mail Submission protocols.  The document also defines a new IMAP
extension and registers several new IMAP keywords.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Enhancements to Internet email to support diverse service environments Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute