Subject: RFC 5617 on DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Author Domain Signing Practices (ADSP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 16:53:22 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5617

        Title:      DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Author 
                    Domain Signing Practices (ADSP) 
        Author:     E. Allman, J. Fenton,
                    M. Delany, J. Levine
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 43093
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dkim-ssp-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5617.txt

DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) defines a domain-level
authentication framework for email to permit verification of the
source and contents of messages.  This document specifies an adjunct
mechanism to aid in assessing messages that do not contain a DKIM
signature for the domain used in the author's address.  It defines a
record that can advertise whether a domain signs its outgoing mail as
well as how other hosts can access that record.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Domain Keys Identified Mail Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute