Subject: RFC 5620 on RFC Editor Model (Version 1)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 16:25:06 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5620

        Title:      RFC Editor Model (Version 1) 
        Author:     O. Kolkman, Ed.,
                    IAB
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       August 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 40744
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-rfc-editor-model-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5620.txt

The RFC Editor performs a number of functions that may be carried out
by various persons or entities.  The RFC Editor model presented in
this document divides the responsibilities for the RFC Series into
four functions: The RFC Series Editor, the Independent Submission
Editor, the RFC Production Center, and the RFC Publisher.  It also
introduces the RFC Series Advisory Group and an (optional)
Independent Submission Stream Editorial Board.  The model outlined
here is intended to increase flexibility and operational support
options, provide for the orderly succession of the RFC Editor, and
ensure the continuity of the RFC series, while maintaining RFC
quality and timely processing, ensuring document accessibility,
reducing costs, and increasing cost transparency.  This memo 
provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute