Subject: RFC 5551 on Lemonade Notifications Architecture

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:41:38 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5551

        Title:      Lemonade Notifications Architecture 
        Author:     R. Gellens, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       August 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 27542
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lemonade-notifications-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5551.txt

Notification and filtering mechanisms can make email more enjoyable on
mobile and other constrained devices (such as those with limited
screen sizes, memory, data transfer rates, etc.).  Notifications make
the client aware of significant events (such as the arrival of new
mail) so it can react (such as by fetching interesting mail
immediately).  Filtering reduces the visible mail to a set of messages
that meet some criteria for "interesting".  This functionality is
included in the goals of the Lemonade (Enhancements to Internet email
to Support Diverse Service Environments) Working Group.

This document also discusses the use of server-to-server
notifications, and how server to server notifications fit into an
architecture that provides server to client notifications.  This 
memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Enhancements to Internet email to support diverse service environments Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute