Subject: RFC 5608 on Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) Usage for Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Transport Models

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 16:48:42 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5608

        Title:      Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service 
                    (RADIUS) Usage for Simple Network Management 
                    Protocol (SNMP) Transport Models 
        Author:     K. Narayan, D. Nelson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 34857
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isms-radius-usage-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5608.txt

This memo describes the use of a Remote Authentication Dial-In User
Service (RADIUS) authentication and authorization service with Simple
Network Management Protocol (SNMP) secure Transport Models to
authenticate users and authorize creation of secure transport
sessions.  While the recommendations of this memo are generally
applicable to a broad class of SNMP Transport Models, the examples
focus on the Secure Shell (SSH) Transport Model.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Integrated Security Model for SNMP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute