Subject: Protocol Action: 'Special Use IPv4 Addresses' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 15:42:02 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Special Use IPv4 Addresses '
   <draft-iana-rfc3330bis-11.txt> as a BCP

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iana-rfc3330bis-11.txt

Technical Summary

  Once approved, this document will obsolete RFC 3330.  It describes the
  global and other specialized IPv4 address blocks that have been
  assigned by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA).  It does
  not address IPv4 address space assigned to operators and users through
  the Regional Internet Registries.  It also does not address
  allocations or assignments of IPv6 addresses or autonomous system
  numbers.  Special IPv6 addresses are described in RFC 5156.

Working Group Summary

  This document is not the product of any IETF WG.

Protocol Quality

  The document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

RFC Editor Note

  Please publish this document at the same time as
  draft-iana-special-ipv4-registry