Subject: Protocol Action: 'Definitions of Managed Objects for Mapping SYSLOG Messages to Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Notifications' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 08:39:35 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Definitions of Managed Objects for Mapping SYSLOG Messages to Simple 
   Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Notifications '
   <draft-ietf-opsawg-syslog-msg-mib-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Operations and Management Area Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsawg-syslog-msg-mib-06.txt

Technical Summary

   This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
   for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
   In particular, it defines a mapping of SYSLOG messages to Simple
   Network Management Protocol (SNMP) notifications.

Working Group Summary

   There was consensus in the working group to publish these documents.

Document Quality

   SNMP and SYSLOG are widely used and deployed. The document was 
   reviewed in the Working Group and by MIB DOctors. 

Personnel

   Scott Bradner is the Document Shepherd. Dan Romascanu is the 
   Responsible Area Director.