Subject: Protocol Action: 'Mapping Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Notifications to SYSLOG Messages' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 08:45:30 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Mapping Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Notifications to 
   SYSLOG Messages '
   <draft-ietf-opsawg-syslog-snmp-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Operations and Management Area Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsawg-syslog-snmp-05.txt

Technical Summary

   This memo defines a mapping from Simple Network Management Protocol
   (SNMP) notifications to SYSLOG messages.

Working Group Summary

   There was consensus in the working group to publish this document.

Document Quality

   SYSLOG and SNMP are widely implemented and deployed. The document was
   reviewed in the Working Group and by the MIB DOctors. 

Personnel

   Scott Bradner is the Document Shepherd. Dan Romascanu is the 
   Responsible Area Director.