Subject: RFC 5647 on AES Galois Counter Mode for the Secure Shell Transport Layer Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 18:05:19 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5647

        Title:      AES Galois Counter Mode for 
                    the Secure Shell Transport Layer Protocol 
        Author:     K. Igoe, J. Solinas
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       August 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 20990
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-igoe-secsh-aes-gcm-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5647.txt

Secure shell (SSH) is a secure remote-login protocol.  SSH
provides for algorithms that provide authentication, key agreement,
confidentiality, and data-integrity services.  The purpose of this
document is to show how the AES Galois Counter Mode can be used to
provide both confidentiality and data integrity to the SSH Transport
Layer Protocol.  This memo provides information for the Internet 
community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute