Subject: RFC 5636 on Traceable Anonymous Certificate

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 16:46:52 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5636

        Title:      Traceable Anonymous Certificate 
        Author:     S. Park, H. Park,
                    Y. Won, J. Lee,
                    S. Kent
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       August 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 70316
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-tac-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5636.txt

This document defines a practical architecture and protocols for
offering privacy for a user who requests and uses an X.509 certificate
containing a pseudonym, while still retaining the ability to map such
a certificate to the real user who requested it.  The architecture is
compatible with IETF certificate request formats such as PKCS10 (RFC
2986) and CMC (RFC 5272).  The architecture separates the authorities
involved in issuing a certificate: one for verifying ownership of a
private key (Blind Issuer) and the other for validating the contents
of a certificate (Anonymity Issuer).  The end entity (EE) certificates
issued under this model are called Traceable Anonymous Certificates
(TACs).  This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the 
Internet community.

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute