Subject: BCP 10, RFC 5633 on Nominating Committee Process: Earlier Announcement of Open Positions and Solicitation of Volunteers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 16:53:26 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 10        
        RFC 5633

        Title:      Nominating Committee Process: Earlier Announcement 
                    of Open Positions and Solicitation of 
                    Volunteers 
        Author:     S. Dawkins, Ed.
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       August 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 11117
        Updates:    RFC3777
        See Also:   BCP0010

        I-D Tag:    draft-dawkins-nomcom-dont-wait-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5633.txt

This document updates RFC 3777, Section 4, Bullet 13 to allow
announcement of open positions and solicitation of volunteers to be
issued before a Nominating and Recall Committee Chair has been named
by the Internet Society President.  This document specifies an Internet 
Best Current Practices for the Internet Community, and requests 
discussion and suggestions for improvements.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute