Subject: IETF 76 - Registration Now Open

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 14:02:06 -0700

76th IETF Meeting
Hiroshima, Japan
November 8-13, 2009
Host: WIDE

Registration is now open! Note: while we stated earlier that we would  
be moving to a new registration system, we have postponed that  
transition to IETF 77. If you have attended a recent IETF meeting, the  
IETF 76 registration system will be quite familiar.

Register online at: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/76/

1.  Registration Categories
2.  RFID Tagging Experiment
3.  Visas and Letters of Invitation
4.  Accommodations & Breakfast Information

Changes from daylight savings to standard time are noted below.

1) Registration Categories

A. Early-Bird Registration - USD 635.00
	Register and pay before Friday, 30 October 2009 at 17:00 PDT (24:00  
UTC/GMT) for Early-Bird rate.

B. After Early-Bird cutoff - USD 785.00
	
C. Full-time Student Registrations - USD 150.00
	Full-time students with proper ID are eligible to receive a special  
USD 150.00 student rate. Student rate is not subject to any late-fees.  
Students will also be able to register on-site at the special student  
rate. Failure to provide valid student ID on-site will revoke the  
special student status.

D. NEW: One Day Pass Registration - USD 200.00
	For IETF 76 we are also experimenting with a one-day pass for $200.  
Benefits are:

	1. Attend all sessions during any one day of the Meeting, and partake  
of the food and beverage during the breaks
	2. You select which day to attend when you show up onsite to check-in
	3. Payments may be made onsite without a late fee
	4. Pass can be upgraded to a full Meeting Registration, however, late  
fee may apply if initial one-day payment not 	made before Early Bird  
deadline
	5. Attend Sunday Tutorials at no additional charge
	6. Attend Sunday Welcome Reception at no additional charge
	7. Attend Wednesday and Thursday Plenaries at no additional charge
	8. If available, you may purchase a ticket between 4-5pm on Tuesday  
to attend the Host's social event that 	evening

CANCELLATION
The cut-off for registration cancellation is Monday, 2 November 2009  
at 17:00 PST (01:00 Tuesday, November 3 UTC/GMT). Cancellations are  
subject to a 10% (ten percent) cancellation fee if requested by that  
date and time.

Online Registration ends: Friday, 6 November, 2009 at 17:00 local  
Hiroshima time (00:00 Pacific, 08:00 UTC/GMT).

On-site Registration
You can register onsite at the meeting in Hiroshima, Japan starting  
Sunday, 8 November at 12:00 noon PST (local Hiroshima time).

Meeting Schedule: Start Monday morning and run through Friday at 15:15  
local Hiroshima time.  Most training sessions will take place on  
Sunday afternoon 13 November 2009. Participants should plan their  
travel accordingly.

2) RFID Tagging Experiment
	The hosts for IETF 76 are organizing an RFID tag experiment for the  
meeting. The tag will be affixed to the underside of your meeting  
badge, as a sticker, and will contain only your full name and any  
listed affiliation. The experiment will allow us to explore the  
possibility of electronic blue sheets (though we are still using paper  
blue sheets as the official blue sheets of record for this meeting).  
We also hope that the RFID tag will improve the experience for remote  
participants, since speakers will be identified through the RFID tags.  
While you will be given the option to "opt out" of this experiment  
when you register for the meeting, we sincerely hope you will  
participate.  More information is available here: http://www.ietf.org/EbluesheetInformation.html

3) Visas and Letters of Invitation
	Please check the Japanese MOFA site (http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/02.html 
) for list of countries with visa exemptions. If you travel on a  
passport issued by a country NOT on this list, you will require  
documents issued in Japanese by the local host. An English language  
letter of invitation from the IETF Secretariat WILL NOT suffice to  
obtain a visa.

We recommend at least one month to complete the visa process.

To begin the process: 1) please complete Meeting registration and  
payment of registration fees, 2) reserve accommodation, 3) complete  
and return the visa information form, which are available in either  
xls or PDF format on the host site here: http://www.ietf76.jp/

In addition, if you would also like to receive the official IETF  
letter of invitation, you will be given the option of requesting one  
after you have completed your meeting registration. Please note that  
this letter will not assist with the visa process.

4) Accommodations & Breakfast Information
	Information on IETF 76 accommodations can be found here: http://www.ietf.org/meeting/76/hotel.html 
. Please note that breakfast will NOT be provided as part of the on- 
site meeting services. If you reserve a sleeping room at the ANA Crown  
Plaza Hotel or at any of the IETF overflow properties, breakfast is  
included with your room. If you choose to reserve a room at another  
hotel, breakfast may not be included -- please plan accordingly.

Regards,
Alexa

-----------
Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: [email-masked]

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>