Subject: STD 69, RFC 5730 on Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 18:05:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        STD 69        
        RFC 5730

        Title:      Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) 
        Author:     S. Hollenbeck
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      67
        Characters: 134464
        Obsoletes:  RFC4930
        See Also:   STD0069

        I-D Tag:    draft-hollenbeck-rfc4930bis-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5730.txt

This document describes an application-layer client-server protocol
for the provisioning and management of objects stored in a shared
central repository.  Specified in XML, the protocol defines generic
object management operations and an extensible framework that maps
protocol operations to objects.  This document includes a protocol
specification, an object mapping template, and an XML media type
registration.  This document obsoletes RFC 4930.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute