Subject: RFC 5609 on State Machines for the Protocol for Carrying Authentication for Network Access (PANA)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 16:24:10 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5609

        Title:      State Machines for the Protocol 
                    for Carrying Authentication for Network Access 
                    (PANA) 
        Author:     V. Fajardo, Ed.,
                    Y. Ohba, 
                    R. Marin-Lopez
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       August 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 63662
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pana-statemachine-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5609.txt

This document defines the conceptual state machines for the Protocol
for Carrying Authentication for Network Access (PANA).  The state
machines consist of the PANA Client (PaC) state machine and the PANA
Authentication Agent (PAA) state machine.  The two state machines
show how PANA can interface with the Extensible Authentication
Protocol (EAP) state machines.  The state machines and associated
models are informative only.  Implementations may achieve the same
results using different methods.  This memo provides information 
for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Protocol for carrying Authentication for Network Access Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute