Subject: RFC 5545 on Internet Calendaring and Scheduling Core Object Specification (iCalendar)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 15:53:22 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5545

        Title:      Internet Calendaring and Scheduling Core 
                    Object Specification (iCalendar) 
        Author:     B. Desruisseaux, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      168
        Characters: 345537
        Obsoletes:  RFC2445

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-calsify-rfc2445bis-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5545.txt

This document defines the iCalendar data format for representing and
exchanging calendaring and scheduling information such as events,
to-dos, journal entries, and free/busy information, independent of any
particular calendar service or protocol. [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Calendaring and Scheduling Standards Simplification Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute