Subject: Protocol Action: 'Considerations for Civic Addresses in PIDF-LO - Guidelines and IANA Registry Definition' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:36:35 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Considerations for Civic Addresses in PIDF-LO - Guidelines and IANA 
   Registry Definition '
   <draft-ietf-geopriv-civic-address-recommendations-03.txt> as a BCP

This document is the product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-civic-address-recommendations-03.txt

Technical Summary

This document provides a guideline for creating civic address
consideration documents for individual countries, as required by RFC
4776. Since civic addresses may have a different format in individual
countries, such address considerations are necessary in order to map the
civic address fields to the PIDF Location Object (PIDF-LO) elements.

Working Group Summary

This document was reviewed by the GEOPRIV working group, where it has
reached consensus for publication as an IETF RFC.

Document Quality

XML examples in the document validate against relevant schemas.

The document itself defines one implementation of its recommendations:
In addition to defining guidelines for mappings between local civic
address standards and the format of RFC 4776, the document describes
such a mapping for addresses within Austria.

Personnel

 Richard Barnes is proto shepherd.