Subject: RFC 5649 on Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) Key Wrap with Padding Algorithm

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 16:09:28 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5649

        Title:      Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) Key 
                    Wrap with Padding Algorithm 
        Author:     R. Housley, M. Dworkin
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 22507
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-housley-aes-key-wrap-with-pad-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5649.txt

This document specifies a padding convention for use with the AES Key
Wrap algorithm specified in RFC 3394.  This convention eliminates the
requirement that the length of the key to be wrapped be a multiple of
64 bits, allowing a key of any practical length to be wrapped.  This 
memo provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute