Subject: RFC 5596 on Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP) Simultaneous-Open Technique to Facilitate NAT/Middlebox Traversal

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 16:08:19 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5596

        Title:      Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP) 
                    Simultaneous-Open Technique to Facilitate 
                    NAT/Middlebox Traversal 
        Author:     G. Fairhurst
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 57638
        Updates:    RFC4340

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dccp-simul-open-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5596.txt

This document specifies an update to the Datagram Congestion Control
Protocol (DCCP), a connection-oriented and datagram-based transport
protocol.  The update adds support for the DCCP-Listen packet.  This
assists DCCP applications to communicate through middleboxes (e.g., a
Network Address Port Translator or a DCCP server behind a firewall),
where peering endpoints need to initiate communication in a near-
simultaneous manner to establish necessary middlebox state.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute