Subject: Protocol Action: 'RTP Payload Format for Elementary Streams with MPEG Surround multi- channel audio' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:42:26 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'RTP Payload Format for Elementary Streams with MPEG Surround multi- 
   channel audio '
   <draft-ietf-avt-rtp-mps-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-mps-03.txt

Technical Summary
This memo describes extensions for the RTP payload format defined in
RFC3640 for the transport of MPEG Surround multi-channel audio.
Additional Media Type parameters are defined to signal backwards
compatible transmission inside an MPEG-4 audio elementary stream. In
addition a layered transmission scheme without using the MPEG-4
systems framework is presented to transport an MPEG Surround
elementary stream via RTP in parallel with an RTP stream containing
the downmixed audio data.

Working Group Summary
There were no objections to making this a WG item, and limited
comments during WGLC.

Document Quality
Colin Perkins was the primary reviewer during Working Group
Last Call. The proposed parameters were presented for Media Type
review in a message dated 19/11/2008. DVB, ATSC, and 3GPP have
dependencies on this document.

Personnel

   The PROTO Document Shepherd is Tom Taylor.