Subject: Protocol Action: 'IP Performance Metrics (IPPM) for spatial and multicast' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 07:38:20 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IP Performance Metrics (IPPM) for spatial and multicast '
   <draft-ietf-ippm-multimetrics-12.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Lars Eggert and Magnus Westerlund.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-multimetrics-12.txt

Technical Summary
 
The IETF has standardized IP Performance Metrics (IPPM) for measuring
end-to-end performance between two points.  This memo defines two new
categories of metrics that extend the coverage to multiple
measurement points.  It defines spatial metrics for measuring the
performance of segments of a source to destination path, and metrics
for measuring the performance between a source and many destinations
in multiparty communications (e.g., a multicast tree).

Working Group Summary
 
The working group input has improved this document through its
revisions, and the document itself has been uncontroversial.
 
Document Quality
 
No known implementations claim to implement this metric.
However, other implementers in the group have read the draft.

Personnel

The document shepherd is Matt Zekauskas ([email-masked]).
Lars Eggert ([email-masked]) reviewed it for the IESG.