Subject: Document Action: 'The SEED Cipher Algorithm and Its Use with the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP)' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 12:48:32 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The SEED Cipher Algorithm and Its Use with the Secure Real-time 
   Transport Protocol (SRTP) '
   <draft-ietf-avt-seed-srtp-14.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-seed-srtp-14.txt

Technical Summary

This document describes the use of the SEED [RFC4269] block cipher
algorithm in the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) [RFC3711] for
providing confidentiality for the Real-time Transport Protocol  (RTP)
[RFC3550] traffic and for the control traffic for RTP, the Real-time
Transport Control Protocol (RTCP) [RFC3550]. 

Working Group Summary

The document has been reviewed by the AVT working group to ensure
consistency with SRTP.

Document Quality

There are implementations of SEED and this draft specifies how to use 
it for SRTP

Personnel

Roni Even is the document shepherd.
Cullen Jennings is the Responsible AD. 
Review was provided by David McGrew and Eric Rescorla.