Subject: RFC 5637 on Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) Goals for Mobile IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 17:09:34 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5637

        Title:      Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) 
                    Goals for Mobile IPv6 
        Author:     G. Giaretta, I. Guardini,
                    E. Demaria, J. Bournelle,
                    R. Lopez
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 23409
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mext-aaa-ha-goals-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5637.txt

In commercial and enterprise deployments, Mobile IPv6 can be a service
offered by a Mobility Services Provider (MSP).  In this case, all
protocol operations may need to be explicitly authorized and traced,
requiring the interaction between Mobile IPv6 and the AAA
infrastructure.  Integrating the Authentication, Authorization, and
Accounting (AAA) infrastructure (e.g., Network Access Server and AAA
server) also offers a solution component for Mobile IPv6
bootstrapping.  This document describes various scenarios where a AAA
interface for Mobile IPv6 is required.  Additionally, it lists design
goals and requirements for such an interface.  This memo provides 
information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Mobility EXTensions for IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute