Subject: RFC 5652 on Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 16:09:43 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5652

        Title:      Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) 
        Author:     R. Housley
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      56
        Characters: 126813
        Obsoletes:  RFC3852

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-smime-rfc3852bis-00.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5652.txt

This document describes the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS).  This
syntax is used to digitally sign, digest, authenticate, or encrypt
arbitrary message content.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Draft Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute