Subject: RFC 5632 on Comcast's ISP Experiences in a Proactive Network Provider Participation for P2P (P4P) Technical Trial

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 20:39:21 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5632

        Title:      Comcast's ISP Experiences in a 
                    Proactive Network Provider Participation for P2P 
                    (P4P) Technical Trial 
        Author:     C. Griffiths, J. Livingood,
                    L. Popkin, R. Woundy,
                    Y. Yang
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 27920
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-livingood-woundy-p4p-experiences-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5632.txt

This document describes the experiences of Comcast, a large cable
broadband Internet Service Provider (ISP) in the U.S., in a Proactive
Network Provider Participation for P2P (P4P) technical trial in July
2008.  This trial used P4P iTracker technology, which is being
considered by the IETF as part of the Application Layer Transport
Optimization (ALTO) working group.  This memo provides information 
for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute