Subject: RFC 5629 on A Framework for Application Interaction in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 16:18:43 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5629

        Title:      A Framework for Application Interaction 
                    in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     J. Rosenberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      38
        Characters: 92959
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipping-app-interaction-framework-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5629.txt

This document describes a framework for the interaction between users
and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) based applications.  By
interacting with applications, users can guide the way in which they
operate.  The focus of this framework is stimulus signaling, which
allows a user agent (UA) to interact with an application without
knowledge of the semantics of that application.  Stimulus signaling
can occur to a user interface running locally with the client, or to
a remote user interface, through media streams.  Stimulus signaling
encompasses a wide range of mechanisms, ranging from clicking on
hyperlinks, to pressing buttons, to traditional Dual-Tone Multi-
Frequency (DTMF) input.  In all cases, stimulus signaling is
supported through the use of markup languages, which play a key role
in this framework.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute