Subject: RFC 5655 on Specification of the IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) File Format

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 09:17:14 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5655

        Title:      Specification of the IP Flow 
                    Information Export (IPFIX) File Format 
        Author:     B. Trammell, E. Boschi,
                    L. Mark, T. Zseby,
                    A. Wagner
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],   
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      64
        Characters: 154566
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipfix-file-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5655.txt

This document describes a file format for the storage of flow data
based upon the IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) protocol.  It
proposes a set of requirements for flat-file, binary flow data file
formats, then specifies the IPFIX File format to meet these
requirements based upon IPFIX Messages.  This IPFIX File format is
designed to facilitate interoperability and reusability among a wide
variety of flow storage, processing, and analysis tools.  [STANDARDS 
TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP Flow Information Export Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute