Subject: RFC 5709 on OSPFv2 HMAC-SHA Cryptographic Authentication

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 16:44:47 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5709

        Title:      OSPFv2 HMAC-SHA Cryptographic Authentication 
        Author:     M. Bhatia, V. Manral,
                    M. Fanto, R. White,
                    M. Barnes, T. Li,
                    R. Atkinson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 30221
        Updates:    RFC2328

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-hmac-sha-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5709.txt

This document describes how the National Institute of Standards and
Technology (NIST) Secure Hash Standard family of
algorithms can be used with OSPF version 2's built-in, cryptographic
authentication mechanism.  This updates, but does not supercede,
the cryptographic authentication mechanism specified in RFC 2328.
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute