Subject: Document Action: 'IP Fast Reroute Framework' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 08:10:59 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IP Fast Reroute Framework '
   <draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-framework-13.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Routing Area Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-framework-13.txt

Technical Summary

   This informational document provides a framework for the development
   of IP fast-reroute mechanisms which provide protection against link
   or router failure by invoking locally determined repair paths. 
   Unlike MPLS fast-reroute, the mechanisms are applicable to a network
   employing conventional IP routing and forwarding.

Working Group Summary

   This document is a basis for much of the work that has been ongoing
   in the RTGWG working group for several years. No controversy 
   reported (see PROTO writeup by John Scudder in the ID tracker). 

Document Quality

   The document has had ample review and has been updated based on 
   Gen-ART comments by Avshalom Houri. The document is a framework
   intended as an Informational RFC and does not specify a protocol.    
   The WG has implementation experience with some of the repair
   techniques mentioned in the framework, notably loop-free
   alternates (RFC5286).

Personnel

   John Scudder is the Document Shepherd for this document. Ross Callon
   is the Responsible Area Director.