Subject: RFC 5648 on Multiple Care-of Addresses Registration

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 17:22:01 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5648

        Title:      Multiple Care-of Addresses Registration 
        Author:     R. Wakikawa, Ed.,
                    V. Devarapalli, G. Tsirtsis,
                    T. Ernst, K. Nagami
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      36
        Characters: 90112
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-monami6-multiplecoa-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5648.txt

According to the current Mobile IPv6 specification, a mobile node may
have several care-of addresses but only one, called the primary
care-of address, can be registered with its home agent and the
correspondent nodes.  However, for matters of cost, bandwidth, delay,
etc, it is useful for the mobile node to get Internet access through
multiple accesses simultaneously, in which case the mobile node would
be configured with multiple active IPv6 care-of addresses.  This
document proposes extensions to the Mobile IPv6 protocol to register
and use multiple care-of addresses.  The extensions proposed in this
document can be used by mobile routers using the NEMO (Network
Mobility) Basic Support protocol as well.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Mobility EXTensions for IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute