Subject: RFC 5674 on Alarms in Syslog

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 12:19:21 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5674

        Title:      Alarms in Syslog 
        Author:     S. Chisholm, R. Gerhards
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 13837
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-opsawg-syslog-alarm-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5674.txt

This document describes how to send alarm information in syslog.  It
includes the mapping of ITU perceived severities onto syslog message
fields.  It also includes a number of alarm-specific SD-PARAM
definitions from X.733 and the IETF Alarm MIB.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute