Subject: RFC 5631 on Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Session Mobility

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 16:19:13 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5631

        Title:      Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Session 
                    Mobility 
        Author:     R. Shacham, H. Schulzrinne,
                    S. Thakolsri, W. Kellerer
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 89040
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-shacham-sipping-session-mobility-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5631.txt

Session mobility is the transfer of media of an ongoing communication
session from one device to another.  This document describes the
basic approaches and shows the signaling and media flow examples for
providing this service using the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).
Service discovery is essential to locate targets for session transfer
and is discussed using the Service Location Protocol (SLP) as an
example.  This document is an informational document.  This memo provides 
information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute