Subject: Re: Informational RFC to be: draft-keromytis-keynote-x509-02.txt

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:58:08 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'X.509 Key and Signature Encoding for the KeyNote Trust Management System' <draft-keromytis-keynote-x509-02.txt> as an Informational RFC.

The IESG would also like the IRSG or RFC-Editor to review the comments in 
the datatracker 
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=17179&rfc_flag=0) 
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit 
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot 
and the comment log. 

The IESG contact person is Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-keromytis-keynote-x509-02.txt

The process for such documents is described at http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html.

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   This memo describes X.509 key identifiers and signature encoding
   for version 2 of the KeyNote trust-management system.

Working Group Summary

   This is an independent submission.

Document Quality

   The shepherd does not know if ther are any existing 
   implementations of the protocol.

Personnel

   Tim Polk is shepherding the 3932 review for the IESG

RFC Editor Note

IESG Response to the RFC Editor:

      The IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in 
      the PKIX WG, but this does not prevent publishing.

Proposed IESG Note:

      The IESG is not requesting inclusion of an IESG Note on this
document.

Editing Instructions

(1) Please note that the draft header says "Intended Status: Proposed",
but this
document should be an Informational RFC.

(2) The Editor is also asked to implement the following change:

In Section 7, paragraph 1

OLD
   Per [KEYNOTE], IANA should provide a registry of reserved algorithm
   identifiers.
NEW
   Per [RFC2792], IANA should provide a registry of reserved algorithm
   identifiers.