Subject: Protocol Action: 'Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure: Additional Algorithms and Identifiers for DSA and ECDSA' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 14:09:34 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure: Additional Algorithms and 
   Identifiers for DSA and ECDSA '
   <draft-ietf-pkix-sha2-dsa-ecdsa-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Pasi Eronen and Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-sha2-dsa-ecdsa-10.txt

Technical Summary

   This document defines object identifier values for using DSA and
   ECDSA with four SHA2-series hash functions, and use of these hash
   algorithms by themselves. This enables specification of these
   algorithms in X.509 certificates, consistent with RFC 5280, and use
   of these algorithms and hash functions for certificate and CRL
   signatures. It updates RFC 3279, sections 2.1, 2.2.2, and 2.2.3.

Document Quality

   The document is very brief and clearly written. It was delayed for
   a long time waiting for publication of a NIST document, which is a
   normative reference, and to coordinate with the relevant ANSI
   committee members. 

Personnel

   The document shepherd is Stephen Kent, and the responsible
   area director is Pasi Eronen.

RFC Editor Note

   Please add "Updates: RFC 3279" to the page header.
   
   In Section 6.1, the author for [SEC1] should be "Standards for 
   Efficient Cryptography Group (SECG)"