Subject: RFC 5692 on Transmission of IP over Ethernet over IEEE 802.16 Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 12:19:29 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5692

        Title:      Transmission of IP over Ethernet 
                    over IEEE 802.16 Networks 
        Author:     H. Jeon, S. Jeong,
                    M. Riegel
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 44724
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-16ng-ip-over-ethernet-over-802-dot-16-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5692.txt

This document describes the transmission of IPv4 over Ethernet, as
well as IPv6 over Ethernet, in an access network deploying the IEEE
802.16 cellular radio transmission technology.  The Ethernet on top
of IEEE 802.16 is realized by bridging connections that IEEE 802.16
provides between a base station and its associated subscriber
stations.  Due to the resource constraints of radio transmission
systems and the limitations of the IEEE 802.16 Media Access Control
(MAC) functionality for the realization of an Ethernet, the
transmission of IP over Ethernet over IEEE 802.16 may considerably
benefit by adding IP-specific support functions in the Ethernet over
IEEE 802.16 while maintaining full compatibility with standard IP
over Ethernet behavior.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP over IEEE 802.16 Networks Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute