Subject: RFC 5651 on Layered Coding Transport (LCT) Building Block

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 17:10:20 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5651

        Title:      Layered Coding Transport (LCT) Building 
                    Block 
        Author:     M. Luby, M. Watson,
                    L. Vicisano
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      34
        Characters: 85751
        Obsoletes:  RFC3451

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rmt-bb-lct-revised-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5651.txt

The Layered Coding Transport (LCT) Building Block provides transport
level support for reliable content delivery and stream delivery
protocols.  LCT is specifically designed to support protocols using
IP multicast, but it also provides support to protocols that use
unicast.  LCT is compatible with congestion control that provides
multiple rate delivery to receivers and is also compatible with
coding techniques that provide reliable delivery of content.  This
document obsoletes RFC 3451.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute