Subject: BCP 10, RFC 5680 on The Nominating Committee Process: Open Disclosure of Willing Nominees

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 09:24:06 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 10        
        RFC 5680

        Title:      The Nominating Committee Process: Open 
                    Disclosure of Willing Nominees 
        Author:     S. Dawkins, Ed.
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       October 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14296
        Updates:    RFC3777
        See Also:   BCP0010

        I-D Tag:    draft-dawkins-nomcom-openlist-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5680.txt

This document updates RFC 3777, Section 3, Bullet 6 to allow a
Nominating and Recall Committee to disclose the list of nominees who
are willing to be considered to serve in positions the committee is
responsible for filling.  This document specifies an Internet Best Current 
Practices for the Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions 
for improvements.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute