Subject: Document Action: 'IPv4 Address Blocks Reserved for Documentation' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:48:46 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IPv4 Address Blocks Reserved for Documentation '
   <draft-iana-ipv4-examples-02.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iana-ipv4-examples-02.txt

Technical Summary

  Several IPv4 unicast address blocks are reserved for use in examples
  in specifications and other documents.  This document describes the
  use of these blocks.

  RFC 1166 reserves the first of these address blocks (192.0.2.0/24).
  Other address blocks have recently been allocated for examples,
  primarily to ease the writing of examples involving addresses from
  multiple networks.

Working Group Summary

  This document is not the product of any IETF WG.

Protocol Quality

  The document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.