Subject: RFC 5698 on Data Structure for the Security Suitability of Cryptographic Algorithms (DSSC)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 16:05:57 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5698

        Title:      Data Structure for the Security 
                    Suitability of Cryptographic Algorithms (DSSC) 
        Author:     T. Kunz, S. Okunick,
                    U. Pordesch
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       November 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      40
        Characters: 76313
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ltans-dssc-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5698.txt

Since cryptographic algorithms can become weak over the years, it is
necessary to evaluate their security suitability.  When signing or
verifying data, or when encrypting or decrypting data, these
evaluations must be considered.  This document specifies a data
structure that enables an automated analysis of the security
suitability of a given cryptographic algorithm at a given point of
time, which may be in the past, the present, or the future.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Long-Term Archive and Notary Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute