Subject: RFC 5536 on Netnews Article Format

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 21:08:50 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5536

        Title:      Netnews Article Format 
        Author:     K. Murchison, Ed.,
                    C. Lindsey, D. Kohn
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       November 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      36
        Characters: 71817
        Obsoletes:  RFC1036

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-usefor-usefor-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5536.txt

This document specifies the syntax of Netnews articles in the context
of the Internet Message Format (RFC 5322) and Multipurpose Internet
Mail Extensions (MIME) (RFC 2045).  This document obsoletes RFC 1036,
providing an updated specification to reflect current practice and
incorporating incremental changes specified in other documents.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Usenet Article Standard Update Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute