Subject: Python IDIQ Development RFP

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 09:12:13 -0800 (PST)

The Internet Society and the IETF Administrative Oversight Committee
(IAOC) are seeking one or more vendors to provide Python development
services using the Django framework. Proposals from any commercial or
non-commercial vendor are welcome.

The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) standards development work is
supported by an IT infrastructure using MySQL database and tools developed
in Python.  Some earlier tools developed using Perl are being phased out.
The IETF is undertaking the Life Cycle Datatracker Project and desires to
enhance the current tool infrastructure with Python using the Django
framework and to extend the current architecture to support authors,
working group chairs, the RFC Editor, the IANA administrators, and others.

The Internet Society (ISOC) desires to enter into an Indefinite
Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Master Services Agreement (MSA) with
one or more software development companies with which to accomplish its
objectives.  The MSA is an Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ)
contract as it cannot be determined at this time the nature and number of
applications that will be necessary to complete the project.  The MSA
shall be for a three-year period with an option for two, one-year
extensions.   Through the MSA, ISOC, through the IAOC, will thereafter
issue Work Orders for the delivery of specified software.

Awarding a contract or contracts will be a two-step process:  
1.  Responses to this RFP will be used to identify qualified vendors to
proceed to step two; 

2. Invited vendors will be asked to provide pricing information for the
development of a specific application, the assumptions and analysis used
to reach that price.

The Python IDIQ RFP can be found at this location: 
http://iaoc.ietf.org/rfpsrfis.html

Proposals are due 5:00 P.M. EST (UTC-5) 11 December 2009.  Questions
regarding this RFP are due no later than 16 November.  Answers will be
posted at the above address no later than 20 November.  Proposals and 
questions are to be sent by email to [email-masked]. 

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director