Subject: Protocol Action: 'Using Extended Key Usage (EKU) for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) X.509 Certificates' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 21:28:25 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Using Extended Key Usage (EKU) for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
   X.509 Certificates '
   <draft-ietf-sip-eku-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-eku-08.txt

Technical summary.

This memo documents an extended key usage (EKU) X.509 certificate
extension for 
restricting the applicability of a certificate to use with a Session
Initiation 
Protocol (SIP) service.  As such, in addition to providing rules for SIP 
implementations, this memo also provides guidance to issuers of
certificates for 
use with SIP.

Working group summary.

There is consensus in the working group to publish this document. 

Document Quality

There has been no indication of implementation.

Personnel

The document shepherd for this document was Keith Drage. The responsible
Area Director 
was Cullen Jennings.