Subject: Protocol Action: 'IESG Procedures for Handling of Independent and IRTF Stream Submissions' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 14:06:06 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IESG Procedures for Handling of Independent and IRTF Stream 
   Submissions '
   <draft-housley-iesg-rfc3932bis-12.txt> as a BCP

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-housley-iesg-rfc3932bis-12.txt

Technical Summary

   This document is an update of the RFC 3932 rules about how
   IESG deals with independent submissions through the RFC
   editor. The update has become necessary due to the introduction
   of the IRTF document stream, and udpates to the formatting
   of new RFCs, which make it clearer what their source is.

Working Group Summary

   This is not a WG output.

Document Quality

   This is a clarification of an existing BCP.

   This document, in conjunction with its two companion documents,
   clarifies the IESG process for handling documents submitted for
   RFC publication on the Independent and IRTF streams.  The removal
   of the IESG Note that is required by RFC 3932 is most welcome by
   authors of documents in these two RFC streams. 

Personnel

   Jari Arkko has reviewed this specification for the IESG.

RFC Editor Note

   Please publish at the same time as these:

      - draft-irtf-rfcs
      - draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates