Subject: Protocol Action: 'MPLS TP Network Management Requirements' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 09:36:11 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'MPLS TP Network Management Requirements '
   <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-nm-req-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Ross Callon.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-nm-req-06.txt

Technical Summary

  This document specifies the requirements for the management of
  equipment used in networks supporting an MPLS Transport Profile
  (MPLS-TP). The requirements are defined for specification of
  network management aspects of protocol mechanisms and procedures
  that constitute the building blocks out of which the MPLS
  transport profile is constructed. That is, these requirements
  indicate what management capabilities need to be available in
  MPLS for use in managing the MPLS-TP. This document is intended
  to identify essential network management capabilities, not to
  specify what functions any particular MPLS implementation
  supports.

Working Group Summary

  The document is part of the MPLS-TP project, the cooperation
  between IETF and ITU-T to specify an MPLS transport profile.
  There are no outstanding issues. It is put on the standards
  track to resolve issues around how the ITU-T references IETF
  documents.

Document Quality

  The document is a requirements specification and will mainly
  be used as input to the network management solutions specifications
  that will be published shortly.

Personnel

   Loa Andersson ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
   Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD.