Subject: Document Action: 'IPv6 Configuration in IKEv2' to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 20:35:44 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IPv6 Configuration in IKEv2 '
   <draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-ipv6-config-03.txt> as an Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Tim Polk and Pasi Eronen.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-ipv6-config-03.txt

Technical Summary

This document describes new IKEv2 configuration attributes that let an
IPsec security gateway assign IPv6 prefixes to a VPN client clients. This
is needed because IKEv2 currently does not handle all features of IPv6
that it should, such as enabling a virtual link.

Working Group Summary

The document has light consensus of the IPsecME WG with no objections to
publication as an Experimental RFC.

Document Quality

There was initial interest in this protocol from many participants, but
only a few seem to have done an in-depth review. Despite that, the
document has no obvious problems and could turn out to be quite useful as
there is greater deployment of IPsec in IPv6 environments. This document
should be revisited as more implementations of remote access IPv6 IPsec
are created and deployed.

Personnel

   Paul Hoffman is the Document Shepherd; Tim Polk is the 
   Responsible Area Director.