Subject: RFC 5695 on MPLS Forwarding Benchmarking Methodology for IP FlowsCisco Systems,

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 16:05:29 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5695

        Title:      MPLS Forwarding Benchmarking Methodology for 
                    IP FlowsCisco Systems, 
        Author:     A. Akhter, R. Asati,
                    C. Pignataro
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       November 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 59976
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bmwg-mpls-forwarding-meth-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5695.txt

This document describes a methodology specific to the benchmarking
of Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) forwarding devices, limited
to the most common MPLS packet forwarding scenarios and delay
measurements for each, considering IP flows.  It builds upon the
tenets set forth in RFC 2544, RFC 1242, and other IETF Benchmarking
Methodology Working Group (BMWG) efforts.  This document seeks to
extend these efforts to the MPLS paradigm.  This memo provides 
information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute