Subject: Document Action: 'Early Retransmit for TCP and SCTP' to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 07:24:53 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Early Retransmit for TCP and SCTP '
   <draft-ietf-tcpm-early-rexmt-04.txt> as an Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Lars Eggert and Magnus Westerlund.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-early-rexmt-04.txt

Technical Summary

This document proposes a new mechanism for TCP and SCTP that can be
used to recover lost segments when a connection's congestion window
is small. This allows the transport to use fast retransmit to recover
segment
losses that would otherwise require a lengthy retransmission timeout.

Document Quality

There is limited implementation experience.  There are no MIBs or
other special items requiring expert review.

Personnel

Wesley Eddy ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd.
Lars Eggert ([email-masked]) reviewed it for the IESG.