Subject: BCP 153, RFC 5735 on Special Use IPv4 Addresses

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:56:51 -0800

Resending.

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: BCP 153, RFC 5735 on Special Use IPv4 Addresses
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 23:10:08 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 153        
        RFC 5735

        Title:      Special Use IPv4 Addresses 
        Author:     M. Cotton, L. Vegoda
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       January 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 20369
        Obsoletes:  RFC3330
        See Also:   BCP0153

        I-D Tag:    draft-iana-rfc3330bis-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5735.txt

This document obsoletes RFC 3330.  It describes the global and other
specialized IPv4 address blocks that have been assigned by the
Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA).  It does not address IPv4
address space assigned to operators and users through the Regional
Internet Registries, nor does it address IPv4 address space assigned
directly by IANA prior to the creation of the Regional Internet
Registries.  It also does not address allocations or assignments of
IPv6 addresses or autonomous system numbers.  This memo documents an 
Internet Best Current Practice.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

----- End forwarded message -----