Subject: Document Action: 'Requirements for a Location-by-Reference Mechanism' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 06:31:43 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Requirements for a Location-by-Reference Mechanism '
   <draft-ietf-geopriv-lbyr-requirements-09.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-lbyr-requirements-09.txt

Technical Summary:

This document defines terminology and describes requirements for the
use of Location-by-Reference, a means of indirectly providing location
information within the GEOPRIV architecture defined in RFC 3693. The
document describes the use of location URIs as a means of providing
this indirection. The document provides requirements that pay
particular attention to privacy and security.

Working Group Summary:

This document represents the strong consensus of the GEOPRIV working
group.

Document Quality:

This requirements document is the product of design team work in the
GEOPRIV working group. It has been thoroughly reviewed by GEOPRIV
participants.

Personnel

    The document shepherd for this document is Alissa Cooper.