Subject: RFC 5711 on Node Behavior upon Originating and Receiving Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) Path Error Messages

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:54:42 -0800

Resending.

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 5711 on Node Behavior upon Originating and Receiving Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) Path Error Messages
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 23:09:03 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5711

        Title:      Node Behavior upon Originating and 
                    Receiving Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) Path 
                    Error Messages 
        Author:     JP. Vasseur, Ed.,
                    G. Swallow, I. Minei
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 12596
        Updates:    RFC3209

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-3209-patherr-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5711.txt

The aim of this document is to describe a common practice with regard
to the behavior of nodes that send and receive a Resource Reservation
Protocol (RSVP) Traffic Engineering (TE) Path Error messages for a
preempted Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) or Generalized MPLS
(GMPLS) Traffic Engineering Label Switched Path (TE LSP).  (For
reference to the notion of TE LSP preemption, see RFC 3209.)  This
document does not define any new protocol extensions.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

----- End forwarded message -----