Subject: RFC 5569 on IPv6 Rapid Deployment on IPv4 Infrastructures (6rd)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 11:56:49 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5569

        Title:      IPv6 Rapid Deployment on IPv4 
                    Infrastructures (6rd) 
        Author:     R. Despres
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       January 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 21159
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-despres-6rd-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5569.txt

IPv6 rapid deployment on IPv4 infrastructures (6rd) builds upon
mechanisms of 6to4 to enable a service provider to rapidly deploy
IPv6 unicast service to IPv4 sites to which it provides customer
premise equipment.  Like 6to4, it utilizes stateless IPv6 in IPv4
encapsulation in order to transit IPv4-only network infrastructure.
Unlike 6to4, a 6rd service provider uses an IPv6 prefix of its own in
place of the fixed 6to4 prefix.  A service provider has used this
mechanism for its own IPv6 "rapid deployment": five weeks from first
exposure to 6rd principles to more than 1,500,000 residential sites
being provided native IPv6, under the only condition that they
activate it.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC