Subject: RFC 5663 on Parallel NFS (pNFS) Block/Volume Layout

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:51:13 -0800

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 5663 on Parallel NFS (pNFS) Block/Volume Layout
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 23:07:38 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5663

        Title:      Parallel NFS (pNFS) Block/Volume Layout 
        Author:     D. Black, S. Fridella,
                    J. Glasgow
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 68571
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nfsv4-pnfs-block-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5663.txt

Parallel NFS (pNFS) extends Network File Sharing version 4 (NFSv4) to
allow clients to directly access file data on the storage used by the
NFSv4 server.  This ability to bypass the server for data access can
increase both performance and parallelism, but requires additional
client functionality for data access, some of which is dependent on
the class of storage used.  The main pNFS operations document
specifies storage-class-independent extensions to NFS; this document
specifies the additional extensions (primarily data structures) for
use of pNFS with block- and volume-based storage.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

----- End forwarded message -----