Subject: RFC 5758 on Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure: Additional Algorithms and Identifiers for DSA and ECDSA

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 11:56:55 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5758

        Title:      Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure: 
                    Additional Algorithms and Identifiers for DSA 
                    and ECDSA 
        Author:     Q. Dang, S. Santesson,
                    K. Moriarty, D. Brown,
                    T. Polk
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 15834
        Updates:    RFC3279

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-sha2-dsa-ecdsa-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5758.txt

This document updates RFC 3279 to specify algorithm
identifiers and ASN.1 encoding rules for the Digital Signature
Algorithm (DSA) and Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm
(ECDSA) digital signatures when using SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384,
or SHA-512 as the hashing algorithm.  This specification applies to
the Internet X.509 Public Key infrastructure (PKI) when digital
signatures are used to sign certificates and certificate
revocation lists (CRLs).  This document also identifies all four
SHA2 hash algorithms for use in the Internet X.509 PKI.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC