Subject: Protocol Action: 'ESMTP and LMTP Transmission Types Registration' to Draft Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 12:31:15 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'ESMTP and LMTP Transmission Types Registration '
  RFC 3848 as a Draft Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Alexey Melnikov.

A URL of this RFC is:
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3848.txt

Technical Summary

   This document registers seven new mail transmission types (ESMTPA,
   ESMTPS, ESMTPSA, LMTP, LMTPA, LMTPS, LMTPSA) for use in the "with"
   clause of a Received header in an Internet message.

Working Group Summary

   This is not a working group document.
   Publication of the RFC 3848 was non controversial.

Document Quality

   There are multiple implementations (both parsers and generators)
   of the protocol, please see the implementation report.

Personnel

   Alexey Melnikov is the responsible Area Director. This document
   has no shepherd.