Subject: RFC 5710 on PathErr Message Triggered MPLS and GMPLS LSP Reroutes

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:54:14 -0800

Resending.

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 5710 on PathErr Message Triggered MPLS and GMPLS LSP Reroutes
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 23:08:51 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5710

        Title:      PathErr Message Triggered MPLS and 
                    GMPLS LSP Reroutes 
        Author:     L. Berger, D. Papadimitriou,
                    JP. Vasseur
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 27233
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-gmpls-lsp-reroute-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5710.txt

This document describes how Resource ReserVation Protocol (RSVP)
PathErr messages may be used to trigger rerouting of Multi-Protocol
Label Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) point-to-point
Traffic Engineering (TE) Label Switched Paths (LSPs) without first
removing LSP state or resources.  Such LSP rerouting may be desirable
in a number of cases, including, for example, soft-preemption and
graceful shutdown.  This document describes the usage of existing
Standards Track mechanisms to support LSP rerouting.  In this case, it
relies on mechanisms already defined as part of RSVP-TE and simply
describes a sequence of actions to be executed.  While existing
protocol definitions can be used to support reroute applications, this
document also defines a new reroute-specific error code to allow for
the future definition of reroute-application-specific error values.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

----- End forwarded message -----