Subject: Protocol Action: 'Defining Well-Known URIs' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:34:10 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Defining Well-Known URIs '
   <draft-nottingham-site-meta-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Lisa Dusseault.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nottingham-site-meta-05.txt

Technical Summary
   This proposal creates a well-known Web site location for information
   like 'robots.txt' and P3P information, any information 
   that is metadata about the Web site.  The
   alternative to this proposal is to continue with one-off 
   well-known names.

Working Group Summary

   This is not a WG product.  The open discussion focused on 
   narrow points like the exact characters making up the well-known
   name, and on points that can be extended in the future like
   standardized file formats for site meta-data.

Document Quality

   The W3C community has been well-informed and involved in 
   discussions on this document.  There's already discussion about
   using the recommended path for the Mozilla auto-configuration  
   feature under development. 

Personnel

   Lisa Dusseault is the Document sponsor.  IANA Expert proposed to
   be Eran Hammer-Lahav ([email-masked]).