Subject: RFC 5667 on Network File System (NFS) Direct Data Placement

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:53:20 -0800

Resending.

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 5667 on Network File System (NFS) Direct Data Placement
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 23:08:28 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5667

        Title:      Network File System (NFS) Direct 
                    Data Placement 
        Author:     T. Talpey, B. Callaghan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 83728
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nfsv4-nfsdirect-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5667.txt

This document defines the bindings of the various Network File System
(NFS) versions to the Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) operations
supported by the RPC/RDMA transport protocol.  It describes the use
of direct data placement by means of server-initiated RDMA operations
into client-supplied buffers for implementations of NFS versions 2,
3, 4, and 4.1 over such an RDMA transport.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

----- End forwarded message -----