Subject: Protocol Action: 'SCTP based TML (Transport Mapping Layer) for ForCES protocol' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:29:29 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'SCTP based TML (Transport Mapping Layer) for ForCES protocol '
   <draft-ietf-forces-sctptml-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Forwarding and Control Element Separation Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-forces-sctptml-08.txt

Technical Summary

   This document defines the SCTP based TML (Transport Mapping Layer)
   for the ForCES protocol.  It explains the rationale for choosing the
   SCTP (Stream Control Transmission Protocol) [RFC4960] and also
   describes how this TML addresses all the requirements described in
   [RFC3654] and the ForCES protocol draft <draft-ietf-forces-protocol>.

Working Group Summary

   There is strong working group consensus behind this document. 
   It is an effort of several years work. 

Document Quality

   The document has been well reviewed. An interop in July 2009 
   between 3 different implementations by WG participant utilizing 
   draft version 4 was successful. In addition, there are two
   different extensions to public domain traffic sniffers (ethereal 
   and tcpdump) by 2 other WG participants.

Personnel

   Joel Halpern is the Document Shepherd. Ross Callon is the 
   responsible AD.