Subject: RFC 5715 on A Framework for Loop-Free Convergence

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:56:28 -0800

Resending.

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 5715 on A Framework for Loop-Free Convergence
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 23:09:56 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5715

        Title:      A Framework for Loop-Free Convergence 
        Author:     M. Shand, S. Bryant
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       January 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 53223
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rtgwg-lf-conv-frmwk-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5715.txt

A micro-loop is a packet forwarding loop that may occur transiently
among two or more routers in a hop-by-hop packet forwarding paradigm.

This framework provides a summary of the causes and consequences of
micro-loops and enables the reader to form a judgement on whether
micro-looping is an issue that needs to be addressed in specific
networks.  It also provides a survey of the currently proposed
mechanisms that may be used to prevent or to suppress the formation
of micro-loops when an IP or MPLS network undergoes topology change
due to failure, repair, or management action.  When sufficiently fast
convergence is not available and the topology is susceptible to
micro-loops, use of one or more of these mechanisms may be desirable.
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Routing Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

----- End forwarded message -----