Subject: RFC 5661 on Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Minor Version 1 Protocol

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 15:01:56 -0800

Resending.

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 5661 on Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Minor Version 1 Protocol
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 23:07:06 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5661

        Title:      Network File System (NFS) Version 
                    4 Minor Version 1 Protocol 
        Author:     S. Shepler, Ed.,
                    M. Eisler, Ed.,
                    D. Noveck, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      617
        Characters: 1517771
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion1-29.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5661.txt

This document describes the Network File System (NFS) version 4 minor
version 1, including features retained from the base protocol (NFS
version 4 minor version 0, which is specified in RFC 3530) and
protocol extensions made subsequently.  Major extensions introduced
in NFS version 4 minor version 1 include Sessions, Directory
Delegations, and parallel NFS (pNFS).  NFS version 4 minor version 1
has no dependencies on NFS version 4 minor version 0, and it is
considered a separate protocol.  Thus, this document neither updates
nor obsoletes RFC 3530.  NFS minor version 1 is deemed superior to
NFS minor version 0 with no loss of functionality, and its use is
preferred over version 0.  Both NFS minor versions 0 and 1 can be
used simultaneously on the same network, between the same client and
server.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

----- End forwarded message -----