Subject: Document Action: 'Extensions to OSPF to Support Mobile Ad Hoc Networking' to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 06:59:55 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Extensions to OSPF to Support Mobile Ad Hoc Networking '
   <draft-ietf-ospf-manet-or-03.txt> as an Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-manet-or-03.txt

Technical Summary

   This document describes extensions to OSPF to support mobile ad 
   hoc networks (MANETs). The extension, called OSPF-OR, includes a
   mechanism for link-local signaling, a OSPF-MANET interface, a
   simple technique to reduce the size of Hello packets by only
   transmitting incremental state changes, and a method for optimized
   flooding of routing updates.

Working Group Summary

   The OSPF WG was unable to reach concensus on a single MANET OSPF
   approach and agreed to go forward with the three competing
   approaches as experimental RFCs. 

Document Quality

   Passed idnits. The document has been updated in response to 
   Gen-Art and Sec-Dir comments. The protocol in this document has
   been simulated, and there are at least two implementations (see
   PROTO writeup by Acee Lindem in the I.D. Tracker). 

Personnel

   Dave Ward was the original responsible AD. Ross Callon is the 
   current responsible AD. Acee Lindem is the Document Shepherd.