Subject: RFC 5708 on X.509 Key and Signature Encoding for the KeyNote Trust Management System

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 11:56:53 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5708

        Title:      X.509 Key and Signature Encoding 
                    for the KeyNote Trust Management System 
        Author:     A. Keromytis
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       January 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 12529
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-keromytis-keynote-x509-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5708.txt

This memo describes X.509 key identifiers and signature encoding
for version 2 of the KeyNote trust-management system (RFC 2704).
X.509 certificates (RFC 5280) can be directly used in the Authorizer
or Licensees field (or in both fields) in a KeyNote assertion,
allowing for easy integration with protocols that already use X.509
certificates for authentication.

In addition, the document defines additional signature types that
use other hash functions (beyond the MD5 and SHA1 hash functions
that are defined in RFC 2792).  This document is not an Internet Standards 
Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC