Subject: RFC 5724 on URI Scheme for Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) Short Message Service (SMS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 16:53:17 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5724

        Title:      URI Scheme for Global System 
                    for Mobile Communications (GSM) Short Message 
                    Service (SMS) 
        Author:     E. Wilde, A. Vaha-Sipila
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 39345
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-wilde-sms-uri-20.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5724.txt

This memo specifies the Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) scheme
"sms" for specifying one or more recipients for an SMS message.  SMS
messages are two-way paging messages that can be sent from and
received by a mobile phone or a suitably equipped networked device. 
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC