Subject: RFC 5754 on Using SHA2 Algorithms with Cryptographic Message Syntax

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:19:56 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5754

        Title:      Using SHA2 Algorithms with Cryptographic 
                    Message Syntax 
        Author:     S. Turner
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 21543
        Updates:    RFC3370

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-smime-sha2-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5754.txt

This document describes the conventions for using the Secure Hash
Algorithm (SHA) message digest algorithms (SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384,
SHA-512) with the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS).  It also
describes the conventions for using these algorithms with the CMS
and the Digital Signature Algorithm (DSA), Rivest Shamir Adleman
(RSA), and Elliptic Curve DSA (ECDSA) signature algorithms.  Further,
it provides SMIMECapabilities attribute values for each algorithm.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC