Subject: Protocol Action: 'The RObust Header Compression (ROHC) Framework' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 07:14:53 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The RObust Header Compression (ROHC) Framework '
   <draft-ietf-rohc-rfc4995bis-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Robust Header Compression Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Magnus Westerlund and Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-rfc4995bis-03.txt

Technical Summary

The document describes the ROHC framework. It obsoletes the old
framework document RFC 4995 and includes two important
updates. ROHC feedback encoding has been corrected to conform
with RFC 3095, the original definition of the ROHC framework,
and a new section describing context initialization for
profile 0x0000 (uncompressed) has been added.

Working Group Summary

This document represents a rough consensus of the working
group. The mismatch in feedback formats that lead to the
creation of this document was discovered during the last
call of RFC 5225.

Document Quality

Implementations of the ROHC protocol specified by this
document are in existence. This document contains corrections
to the ROHC framework document (RFC 4995) and replaces it in
full. This document and its predecessors have received reviews
from both implementers and ROHC experts.

Personnel

Document shepherd is Carl Knutsson and responsible AD 
Magnus Westerlund.