Subject: 2010 timeline for the IAB's annual ISOC BOT Appointment Process

From: IAB Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 02:24:13 -0800 (PST)

L.S.

The IAB is announcing its timeline for the appointment of a member of the
Internet Society (ISOC) Board of Trustees, as described in BCP 77
(RFC3677).

The IAB selects one person for a three-year ISOC BoT term every year.
This year, the IAB will select one person for a term ending in spring
2014.

The IAB will issue a call for nominations on the  ietf-announce list on 
January 14 with an open nomination  period running until February 28.

The names of all people who declare themselves willing to serve will be
made public on the ietf-announce at ietf.org list after the end of the
solicitation period.

The IAB expects to finalize its selection on April 10.  The IESG will
confirm the candidate by May 20 and he or she will begin serving as the
new board of trustee member in June.

Olaf Kolkman,

IAB Chair.