Subject: RFC 5664 on Object-Based Parallel NFS (pNFS) Operations

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:51:46 -0800

Resending.

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 5664 on Object-Based Parallel NFS (pNFS) Operations
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 23:07:50 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5664

        Title:      Object-Based Parallel NFS (pNFS) Operations 
        Author:     B. Halevy, B. Welch,
                    J. Zelenka
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 78200
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nfsv4-pnfs-obj-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5664.txt

Parallel NFS (pNFS) extends Network File System version 4 (NFSv4) to
allow clients to directly access file data on the storage used by the
NFSv4 server.  This ability to bypass the server for data access can
increase both performance and parallelism, but requires additional
client functionality for data access, some of which is dependent on
the class of storage used, a.k.a. the Layout Type.  The main pNFS
operations and data types in NFSv4 Minor version 1 specify a layout-
type-independent layer; layout-type-specific information is conveyed
using opaque data structures whose internal structure is further
defined by the particular layout type specification.  This document
specifies the NFSv4.1 Object-Based pNFS Layout Type as a companion to
the main NFSv4 Minor version 1 specification.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

----- End forwarded message -----