Subject: RFC 5718 on An In-Band Data Communication Network For the MPLS Transport Profile

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 16:50:25 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5718

        Title:      An In-Band Data Communication Network 
                    For the MPLS Transport Profile 
        Author:     D. Beller, A. Farrel
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 18997
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-tp-gach-dcn-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5718.txt

The Generic Associated Channel (G-ACh) has been defined as a
generalization of the pseudowire (PW) associated control channel to
enable the realization of a control/communication channel that is 
associated with Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Paths
(LSPs), MPLS PWs, MPLS LSP segments, and MPLS sections between
adjacent MPLS-capable devices.

The MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) is a profile of the MPLS
architecture that identifies elements of the MPLS toolkit that may be
combined to build a carrier-grade packet transport network based on
MPLS packet switching technology.

This document describes how the G-ACh may be used to provide the
infrastructure that forms part of the Management Communication
Network (MCN) and a Signaling Communication Network (SCN).
Collectively, the MCN and SCN may be referred to as the Data
Communication Network (DCN).  This document explains how MCN and SCN
messages are encapsulated, carried on the G-ACh, and demultiplexed
for delivery to the management or signaling/routing control plane
components on an MPLS-TP node.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC