Subject: Last Call: draft-ietf-pkix-tamp (Trust Anchor Management Protocol (TAMP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:34:14 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has received a request from the Public-Key Infrastructure 
(X.509) WG (pkix) to consider the following document:

- 'Trust Anchor Management Protocol (TAMP) '
   <draft-ietf-pkix-tamp-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document includes a downref to draft-ietf-pkix-new-asn1, which
is under consideration by the IESG for publication as an Informational RFC.
This document updates ASN.1 modules for PKIX specifications to conform to
the 2002 version of ASN.1, but makes no changes to the bits on the wire.
The community is specifically requested to consider whether down refs
to draft-ietf-pkix-new-asn1 are appropriate in the general case, 
in addition to the specific case of draft-ietf-pkix-tamp.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2010-01-28. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-tamp-05.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=17760&rfc_flag=0