Subject: Document Action: 'A Call Control and Multi-party usage framework for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 06:34:24 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'A Call Control and Multi-party usage framework for the Session 
   Initiation Protocol (SIP) '
   <draft-ietf-sipping-cc-framework-12.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-cc-framework-12.txt

Technical Summary

This document defines a framework and requirements for call control
and multi-party usage of SIP. To enable discussion of multi-party
features and applications we define an abstract call model for
describing the media relationships required by many of these. The
model and actions described here are specifically chosen to be
independent of the SIP signaling and/or mixing approach chosen to
actually setup the media relationships. In addition to its dialog
manipulation aspect, this framework includes requirements for
communicating related information and events such as conference and
session state, and session history. This framework also describes
other goals that embody the spirit of SIP applications as used on the
Internet.

Working Group Summary

Consensus was reached among all interested parties before requesting the
publication of this document.

Document Quality

Some of the features in this document are widely implemented.

Personnel

The document shepherd is Gonzalo Camarillo. The responsible AD is 
Cullen Jennings. 

RFC Editor Note

  Please look at comments in dataracker and see if you think any of the
editorial comments are needed or not.