Subject: RFC 5563 on WiMAX Forum / 3GPP2 Proxy Mobile IPv4

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 18:55:20 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5563

        Title:      WiMAX Forum / 3GPP2 Proxy 
                    Mobile IPv4 
        Author:     K. Leung, G. Dommety,
                    P. Yegani, K. Chowdhury
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      41
        Characters: 92438
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-leung-mip4-proxy-mode-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5563.txt

Mobile IPv4 is a standard mobility protocol that enables an IPv4 device
to move among networks while maintaining its IP address.  The mobile
device has the Mobile IPv4 client function to signal its location to
the routing anchor, known as the Home Agent.  However, there are many
IPv4 devices without such capability due to various reasons.  This
document describes Proxy Mobile IPv4 (PMIPv4), a scheme based on
having the Mobile IPv4 client function in a network entity to provide
mobility support for an unaltered and mobility-unaware IPv4 device.
This document also describes a particular application of PMIPv4 as
specified in the WiMAX Forum and another application that is to be
adopted in 3GPP2.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC