Subject: Last Call: draft-harkins-emu-eap-pwd (EAP Authentication Using Only A Password) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 10:18:43 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider 
the following document:

- 'EAP Authentication Using Only A Password '
   <draft-harkins-emu-eap-pwd-13.txt> as an Informational RFC

This is the second Last Call for this document.  Changes have been
made to resolve a security flaw that was discovered while the document
was in the RFC Editor queue.  In addition to resolving the flaw, the
updated document also includes defensive processing of received packets.
The author also updated the terminology; it now uses terms similar to
NIST SP800-56A.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2010-03-24. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-harkins-emu-eap-pwd-13.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=16914&rfc_flag=0