Subject: RFC 5707 on Media Server Markup Language (MSML)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 17:47:52 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5707

        Title:      Media Server Markup Language (MSML) 
        Author:     A. Saleem, Y. Xin,
                    G. Sharratt
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      184
        Characters: 376984
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-saleem-msml-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5707.txt

The Media Server Markup Language (MSML) is used to control and invoke
many different types of services on IP media servers.  The MSML control
interface was initially driven by RadiSys with subsequent significant
contributions from Intel, Dialogic, and others in the
industry.  Clients can use it to define how multimedia sessions
interact on a media server and to apply services to individuals or
groups of users.  MSML can be used, for example, to control media
server conferencing features such as video layout and audio mixing,
create sidebar conferences or personal mixes, and set the properties
of media streams.  As well, clients can use MSML to define media
processing dialogs, which may be used as parts of application
interactions with users or conferences.  Transformation of media
streams to and from users or conferences as well as interactive voice
response (IVR) dialogs are examples of such interactions, which are
specified using MSML.  MSML clients may also invoke dialogs with
individual users or with groups of conference participants using
VoiceXMLThis document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC