Subject: RFC 5765 on Security Issues and Solutions in Peer-to-Peer Systems for Realtime Communications

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 17:47:27 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5765

        Title:      Security Issues and Solutions in 
                    Peer-to-Peer Systems for Realtime Communications 
        Author:     H. Schulzrinne, E. Marocco,
                    E. Ivov
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 72134
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-p2prg-rtc-security-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5765.txt

Peer-to-peer (P2P) networks have become popular for certain
applications and deployments for a variety of reasons, including
fault tolerance, economics, and legal issues.  It has therefore
become reasonable for resource consuming and typically centralized
applications like Voice over IP (VoIP) and, in general, realtime
communication to adapt and exploit the benefits of P2P.  Such a
migration needs to address a new set of P2P-specific security
problems.  This document describes some of the known issues found in
common P2P networks, analyzing the relevance of such issues and the
applicability of existing solutions when using P2P architectures for
realtime communication.  This document is a product of the P2P
Research Group.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the IRTF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC