Subject: RFC 5782 on DNS Blacklists and Whitelists

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 10:22:34 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5782

        Title:      DNS Blacklists and Whitelists 
        Author:     J. Levine
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 25296
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5782.txt

The rise of spam and other anti-social behavior on the Internet has
led to the creation of shared blacklists and whitelists of IP
addresses or domains.  The DNS has become the de-facto standard
method of distributing these blacklists and whitelists.  This memo
documents the structure and usage of DNS-based blacklists and
whitelists, and the protocol used to query them.  This document 
is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for 
informational purposes.

This document is a product of the IRTF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC