Subject: IETF FTP and New RSYNC Option

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 13:13:17 -0800

Many members of the community currently use FTP to mirror the IETF  
archives and that FTP use is increasing.  It appears that most people  
are mirroring the entire FTP site on our servers, and doing it quite  
frequently.  We wanted to let you know that we've added a new RSYNC  
target to our servers -- "everything-ftp" -- and it is now an  
available RSYNC target. It gives you everything exactly as you would  
get it via FTP -- that is, our entire FTP archive.

We've also seen a few bandwidth issues recently, and are working to  
localize what appears to be an intermittent, yet recurring, issue.  We  
believe that the bandwidth issues might be directly connected to the  
high FTP usage, which is why we encourage those of you who are  
inclined to make the change from FTP to RSYNC to do so at your  
earliest convenience.

As always, please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Regards,
Alexa

-----------
Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: [email-masked]

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>