Subject: Document Action: 'Device Owner Attribute' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 13:03:25 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Device Owner Attribute '
   <draft-turner-deviceowner-attribute-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-turner-deviceowner-attribute-03.txt

Technical Summary

This document defines the deviceOwner attribute.  This attribute may be
carried in a public key certificate in the Subject Directory Attributes
extension, in an attribute certificate in the attribute field, in a
directory as an attribute, or in protocols that support attributes.

Discussion Summary

The -00 version was reviewed by Kurt Zeilenga.  A match rule was added
to the definition to ensure a proper match can be performed between a
presented attribute and a stored attribute.

Document Quality

This document is a short document that defines an attribute a matching
rule.

Personnel

Tim Polk is the responsible AD and is acting as document Shepherd.