Subject: RFC 5457 on IANA Considerations for IAX: Inter-Asterisk eXchange Version 2

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 19:52:12 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5457

        Title:      IANA Considerations for IAX: Inter-Asterisk 
                    eXchange Version 2 
        Author:     E. Guy, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 50952
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-guy-iaxiana-00.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5457.txt

This document establishes the IANA registries for IAX, the Inter-
Asterisk eXchange protocol, an application-layer control and media
protocol for creating, modifying, and terminating multimedia sessions
over Internet Protocol (IP) networks.  IAX was developed by the open
source community for the Asterisk PBX and is targeted primarily at
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) call control, but it can be used
with streaming video or any other type of multimedia.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for 
informational purposes.

This document is an Independent Submission.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC