Subject: Document Action: 'Basic Socket Interface Extensions for Host Identity Protocol (HIP)' to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 08:03:23 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Basic Socket Interface Extensions for Host Identity Protocol (HIP) '
   <draft-ietf-hip-native-api-12.txt> as an Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-native-api-12.txt

Technical Summary

   This document defines extensions to the current sockets API for the
   Host Identity Protocol (HIP). The extensions focus on the use of
   public-key based identifiers discovered via DNS resolution, but
   define also interfaces for manual bindings between HITs and
   locators.  With the extensions, the application can also support
   more relaxed security models where the communication can be non-HIP
   based, according to local policies. The extensions in this document
   are experimental and provide basic tools for further
   experimentation with policies.

Working Group Summary

   Nothing in the WG process worth mentioning.

Document Quality

   Currently, there are no implementations of this specification
   but there are plans to implement it.

Personnel

   Gonzalo Camarillo ([email-masked]) is
   the document shepherd.  Ralph Droms ([email-masked]) is the
   responsible AD.