Subject: RFC 5720 on Routing and Addressing in Networks with Global Enterprise Recursion (RANGER)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 17:46:57 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5720

        Title:      Routing and Addressing in Networks 
                    with Global Enterprise Recursion (RANGER) 
        Author:     F. Templin
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 65956
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-templin-ranger-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5720.txt

RANGER is an architectural framework for scalable routing and
addressing in networks with global enterprise recursion.  The term
"enterprise network" within this context extends to a wide variety of
use cases and deployment scenarios, where an "enterprise" can be as
small as a Small Office, Home Office (SOHO) network, as dynamic as a
Mobile Ad Hoc Network, as complex as a multi-organizational
corporation, or as large as the global Internet itself.  Such networks
will require an architected solution for the coordination of routing
and addressing plans with accommodations for scalability,
provider-independence, mobility, multihoming, and security.  These
considerations are particularly true for existing deployments, but the
same principles apply even for clean-slate approaches.  The RANGER
architecture addresses these requirements and provides a comprehensive
framework for IPv6/IPv4 coexistence.  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Independent Submissions stream.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC