Subject: Document Action: 'PCC-PCE Communication Requirements for Point to Multipoint Multiprotocol Label Switching Traffic Engineering (MPLS-TE)' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 09:36:42 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'PCC-PCE Communication Requirements for Point to Multipoint 
   Multiprotocol Label Switching Traffic Engineering (MPLS-TE) '
   <draft-ietf-pce-p2mp-req-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Path Computation Element Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-p2mp-req-05.txt

Technical Summary

   Generic requirements for a communication protocol between Path
   Computation Clients (PCCs) and Path Computation Elements (PCEs) 
   are presented in "Path Computation Element (PCE) Communication
   Protocol Generic Requirements". This informational document 
   complements the generic requirements and presents a detailed set
   of PCC-PCE communication protocol requirements for point-to-
   multipoint MPLS/GMPLS traffic engineering.

Working Group Summary

   Good consensus reported with no controversy (see PROTO writeup by
   JP Vasseur in the ID Tracker). 

Document Quality

   The document thas had adequate review, and has passed WG and IETF
   last calls, and has been updated based on minor comments received
   during IETF last call. As an informational requirements document
   this is not subject to be implemented. There is ongoing work in the 
   PCE working group to define point to multipoint extensions to PCE. 

Personnel

   JP Vasseur is the Document Shepherd for this document. Ross Callon
   is the Responsible Area Director.