Subject: RFC 5544 on Syntax for Binding Documents with Time-Stamps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 09:37:53 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5544

        Title:      Syntax for Binding Documents with 
                    Time-Stamps 
        Author:     A. Santoni
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 26534
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-santoni-timestampeddata-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5544.txt

This document describes an envelope that can be used to bind a file
(not necessarily protected by means of cryptographic techniques) with
one or more time-stamp tokens obtained for that file, where
"time-stamp token" has the meaning defined in RFC 3161 or its
successors.  Additional types of temporal evidence are also allowed.

The proposed envelope is based on the Cryptographic Message Syntax
as defined in RFC 5652.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC