Subject: RFC 5757 on Multicast Mobility in Mobile IP Version 6 (MIPv6): Problem Statement and Brief Survey

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 17:47:11 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5757

        Title:      Multicast Mobility in Mobile IP 
                    Version 6 (MIPv6): Problem Statement and 
                    Brief Survey 
        Author:     T. Schmidt, M. Waehlisch,
                    G. Fairhurst
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 92632
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5757.txt

This document discusses current mobility extensions to IP-layer
multicast.  It describes problems arising from mobile group
communication in general, the case of multicast listener mobility,
and problems for mobile senders using Any Source Multicast and 
Source-Specific Multicast.  Characteristic aspects of multicast 
routing and deployment issues for fixed IPv6 networks are summarized.
Specific properties and interplays with the underlying network access are 
surveyed with respect to the relevant technologies in the wireless 
domain.  It outlines the principal approaches to multicast mobility, 
together with a comprehensive exploration of the mobile multicast 
problem and solution space.  This document concludes with a conceptual 
road map for initial steps in standardization for use by future mobile
multicast protocol designers.  This document is a product of the IP
Mobility Optimizations (MobOpts) Research Group.  This document is not an 
Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for informational 
purposes.

This document is a product of the IRTF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC