Subject: RFC 5772 on A Set of Possible Requirements for a Future Routing Architecture

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 10:23:05 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5772

        Title:      A Set of Possible Requirements 
                    for a Future Routing Architecture 
        Author:     A. Doria, E. Davies,
                    F. Kastenholz
        Status:     Historic
        Date:       February 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      68
        Characters: 158456
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-routing-reqs-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5772.txt

The requirements for routing architectures described in this document
were produced by two sub-groups under the IRTF Routing Research Group
(RRG) in 2001, with some editorial updates up to 2006.  The two sub-
groups worked independently, and the resulting requirements represent
two separate views of the problem and of what is required to fix the
problem.  This document may usefully serve as part of the recommended
reading for anyone who works on routing architecture designs for the
Internet in the future.

The document is published with the support of the IRTF RRG as a
record of the work completed at that time, but with the understanding
that it does not necessarily represent either the latest technical
understanding or the technical consensus of the research group at the
date of publication.  This document defines a Historic Document for the 
Internet community.

This document is a product of the IRTF.

HISTORIC: This memo defines a Historic Document for the Internet
community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC