Subject: Protocol Action: 'Nameservers for IPv4 and IPv6 Reverse Zones' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 13:32:35 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Nameservers for IPv4 and IPv6 Reverse Zones '
   <draft-jabley-reverse-servers-01.txt> as a BCP

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jabley-reverse-servers-01.txt

Technical Summary

This document specifies a stable naming scheme for the nameservers which
serve the zones IN-ADDR.ARPA and IP6.ARPA in the DNS.  These zones contain
data which facilitate reverse mapping (address to name).

Working Group Summary

This is an individual submission.

Document Quality

The document has been reviewed by staff from ICANN/IANA, the RIPE NCC,
ARIN, LACNIC, APNIC and AfriNIC. It has been further reviewed by the IAB.
The document has been cited on the DNSOP mailing list, where one review
was published. No negative feedback has been received. The small number of
concerns raised by reviews by RIR staff, ICANN/IANA staff, the IAB and the
review sent to the DNSOP mailing list have been addressed.

The document appears to represent consensus.

Personnel

Ron Bonica is document shepherd.