Subject: RFC 3848 on ESMTP and LMTP Transmission Types Registration

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 17:41:37 -0800 (PST)

RFC 3848 is now a Draft Standard Protocol.

        RFC 3848

        Title:      ESMTP and LMTP Transmission Types 
                    Registration 
        Author:     C. Newman
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       July 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:       4
        Characters:  7916
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-newman-esmtpsa-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3848.txt

This registers seven new mail transmission types (ESMTPA, ESMTPS, ESMTPSA, LMTP, LMTPA, LMTPS, LMTPSA) for use in the "with" clause of a Received header in an Internet message.  [STANDARDS TRACK] 

This is now a Draft Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC