Subject: Document Action: 'Integration of Robust Header Compression over IPsec Security Associations' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 06:56:53 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Integration of Robust Header Compression over IPsec Security 
   Associations '
   <draft-ietf-rohc-hcoipsec-13.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Robust Header Compression Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Magnus Westerlund and Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-hcoipsec-13.txt

Technical Summary

IP Security (IPsec) provides various security services for
IP traffic. However, the benefits of IPsec come at the cost
of increased overhead. This document outlines a framework
for integrating Robust Header Compression (ROHC) over IPsec
(ROHCoIPsec). By compressing the inner headers of IP
packets, ROHCoIPsec proposes to reduce the amount of
overhead associated with the transmission of traffic over
IPsec Security Associations (SAs).

Working Group Summary

The document represents rough consensus of the working group.

Document Quality

The document have been reviewed extensively by both members
from the ipsecme and the rohc working groups. During the WG
Last-Call the document was reviewed by the committed WG
reviewers Robert A. Stangarone Jr. and Yoav Nir.

Personnel

   Carl Knutsson is document shepherd and Magnus Westerlund 
   responsible AD.