Subject: Nevil Brownlee as Independent Submissions Editor

From: IAB Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 00:36:23 -0800 (PST)

Dear Colleagues,

I am happy to announce that the IAB appointed Nevil Brownlee as the
Independent Submissions Editor (RFC5620). Nevil has recently signed an MOU
with the IAOC and will be commencing his duties on February 15 of this
year.

During the Hiroshima plenary reports we alluded to the fact that Bob
Braden would remain available to support the RFC series while the IAB and
IAOC were trying to get the Transitional RFC Series Editor (T-RSE) and
Independent Series Editor (ISE) filled.

While I cannot yet make any announcements about the T-RSE, I am happy to
clarify that Bob is providing the needed continuity until we have
appointed a T-RSE and will remain available in an advisory role for the
ISE and for the T-RSE once that appointment have been made.

We like to thank the other candidates for stepping forward and the members
of the advisory committee for their assistance during the selection
process.

--Olaf Kolkman
     IAB Chair