Subject: RFC 5726 on Mobile IPv6 Location Privacy Solutions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 10:23:28 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5726

        Title:      Mobile IPv6 Location Privacy Solutions 
        Author:     Y. Qiu, F. Zhao,
                    Ed., R. Koodli
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       February 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      48
        Characters: 116016
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-mobopts-location-privacy-solutions-16.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5726.txt

Mobile IPv6 (RFC 3775) enables a mobile node to remain reachable
while it roams on the Internet.  However, the location and movement
of the mobile node can be revealed by the IP addresses used in
signaling or data packets.  In this document, we consider the Mobile
IPv6 location privacy problem described in RFC 4882, and propose
efficient and secure techniques to protect location privacy of the
mobile node.  This document is a product of the IP Mobility
Optimizations (MobOpts) Research Group.  This document defines 
an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the IRTF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC