Subject: Document Action: 'Y.1541-QOSM -- Model for Networks Using Y.1541 QoS Classes' to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 07:35:24 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Y.1541-QOSM -- Model for Networks Using Y.1541 QoS Classes '
   <draft-ietf-nsis-y1541-qosm-10.txt> as an Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Magnus Westerlund and Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-y1541-qosm-10.txt

Technical Summary

    This draft describes a QoS-NSLP QoS model (QOSM) based on ITU-T
    Recommendation Y.1541 Network QoS Classes and related signaling
    requirements.  Y.1541 specifies 8 classes of Network Performance
    objectives, and the Y.1541-QOSM extensions include additional QSPEC
    parameters and QOSM processing guidelines.

Working Group Summary

   There have been several WGLC on the document, plus several
   pre-WGLCs on the document. The editors have gotten extensive
   feedback and have clarified text based upon the feedback.

Document Quality

   This document was reviewed by the working group chair as well
   as the WG. We feel that this document is ready, and
   implementors feel that the specification is implementable. 
   
Personnel

WG shepherd is Jukka Manner and Responsible AD Magnus Westerlund.