Subject: RFC 5320 on The Subnetwork Encapsulation and Adaptation Layer (SEAL)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:42:57 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5320

        Title:      The Subnetwork Encapsulation and Adaptation 
                    Layer (SEAL) 
        Author:     F. Templin, Ed.
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       February 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 67712
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-templin-seal-23.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5320.txt

For the purpose of this document, subnetworks are defined as virtual
topologies that span connected network regions bounded by
encapsulating border nodes.  These virtual topologies may span
multiple IP and/or sub-IP layer forwarding hops, and can introduce
failure modes due to packet duplication and/or links with diverse
Maximum Transmission Units (MTUs).  This document specifies a
Subnetwork Encapsulation and Adaptation Layer (SEAL) that
accommodates such virtual topologies over diverse underlying link
technologies.  This document defines an Experimental Protocol 
for the Internet community.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC