Subject: Document Action: 'NSLP for Quality-of-Service Signaling' to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 07:09:54 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'NSLP for Quality-of-Service Signaling '
   <draft-ietf-nsis-qos-nslp-18.txt> as an Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Magnus Westerlund and Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-qos-nslp-18.txt

Technical Summary
 
This draft proposes an NSIS Signaling Layer Protocol (NSLP) for signaling
QoS reservations in the Internet. The NSLP is the second layer in the
two-layer signaling model defined in RFC 4080. Together with GIST
(draft-ietf-nsis-ntlp), it provides functionality similar to RSVP and
extends it. The QoS NSLP is independent of the used QoS specification or
architecture and provides support for different reservation models.

Working Group Summary

There have been several WGLC on the document, plus several pre-WGLCs
on the document. The editors have gotten extensive feedback from
implementors and have clarified text based upon the feedback. There
are 3 or more independent implementations of the QoS NSLP, and there
were multiple interop events in the past.

Protocol Quality

This document was reviewed by the working group chair as well as the
WG. We feel that this document is ready, and implementors feel that
the specification is implementable. 

Personal

The document shepherd is Martin Stimerling and the responsible AD Magnus
Westerlund.