Subject: RFC 5572 on IPv6 Tunnel Broker with the Tunnel Setup Protocol (TSP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:31:21 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5572

        Title:      IPv6 Tunnel Broker with the 
                    Tunnel Setup Protocol (TSP) 
        Author:     M. Blanchet, F. Parent
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       February 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 60017
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-blanchet-v6ops-tunnelbroker-tsp-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5572.txt

A tunnel broker with the Tunnel Setup Protocol (TSP) enables the
establishment of tunnels of various inner protocols, such as IPv6 or
IPv4, inside various outer protocols packets, such as IPv4, IPv6, or
UDP over IPv4 for IPv4 NAT traversal.  The control protocol (TSP) is
used by the tunnel client to negotiate the tunnel with the broker.  A
mobile node implementing TSP can be connected to both IPv4 and IPv6
networks whether it is on IPv4 only, IPv4 behind a NAT, or on IPv6
only.  A tunnel broker may terminate the tunnels on remote tunnel
servers or on itself.  This document describes the TSP within the
model of the tunnel broker model.  This document defines an Experimental 
Protocol for the Internet community.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC