Subject: RFC 5578 on PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE) Extensions for Credit Flow and Link Metrics

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 17:47:18 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5578

        Title:      PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE) Extensions 
                    for Credit Flow and Link Metrics 
        Author:     B. Berry, Ed.,
                    S. Ratliff, E. Paradise,
                    T. Kaiser, M. Adams
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 54936
        Obsoletes:  RFC4938

        I-D Tag:    draft-bberry-rfc4938bis-00.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5578.txt

This document extends the Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet (PPPoE)
with an optional credit-based flow control mechanism and
an optional Link Quality Metric report.  These optional extensions
improve the performance of PPPoE over media with variable bandwidth
and limited buffering, such as mobile point-to-point radio links.  
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC