Subject: RFC 5379 on Guidelines for Using the Privacy Mechanism for SIP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 18:54:50 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5379

        Title:      Guidelines for Using the Privacy 
                    Mechanism for SIP 
        Author:     M. Munakata, S. Schubert,
                    T. Ohba
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 52595
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-munakata-sip-privacy-guideline-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5379.txt

This is an informational document that provides guidelines for using
the privacy mechanism for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) that is
specified in RFC 3323 and subsequently extended in RFCs 3325 and
4244.  It is intended to clarify the handling of the target SIP
headers/parameters and the Session Description Protocol (SDP)
parameters for each of the privacy header values (priv-values).  
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC