Subject: RFC 5558 on Virtual Enterprise Traversal (VET)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 17:46:43 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5558

        Title:      Virtual Enterprise Traversal (VET) 
        Author:     F. Templin, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      36
        Characters: 88504
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-templin-autoconf-dhcp-38.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5558.txt

Enterprise networks connect routers over various link types, and may
also connect to provider networks and/or the global Internet.
Enterprise network nodes require a means to automatically provision IP
addresses/prefixes and support internetworking operation in a wide
variety of use cases including Small Office, Home Office (SOHO)
networks, Mobile Ad hoc Networks (MANETs), multi-organizational
corporate networks and the interdomain core of the global Internet
itself.  This document specifies a Virtual Enterprise Traversal (VET)
abstraction for autoconfiguration and operation of nodes in enterprise
networks.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; 
it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Independent Submissions stream.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC