Subject: Document Action: 'Clearance Sponsor Attribute' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 12:46:38 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Clearance Sponsor Attribute '
   <draft-turner-clearancesponsor-attribute-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-turner-clearancesponsor-attribute-03.txt

Technical Summary

This document defines the clearance sponsor attribute.  This attribute
may be carried in a public key certificate in the Subject Directory
Attributes extension, in an attribute certificate in the attribute
field, in a directory as an attribute, or in protocols that support
attributes.

Discussion Summary

The -00 version was reviewed by Kurt Zeilenga.  He suggested instead of
using UTF8String that the attribute be a DirectoryString and use the
caseIgnoreMatch matching rule.  These changes were adopted, as they were
more than reasonable.

Document Quality

This document is a short document that defines an attribute and uses an
already defined matching rule.

Personnel

Tim Polk is the responsible AD and the document Shepherd.