Subject: Document Action: 'CAPWAP Protocol Base MIB' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 09:28:20 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'CAPWAP Protocol Base MIB '
   <draft-ietf-capwap-base-mib-09.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Control And Provisioning of Wireless Access Points Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-capwap-base-mib-09.txt

Technical Summary

   The CAPWAP Protocol defines a standard, interoperable
   protocol, which enables an Access Controller (AC) to manage a
   collection of Wireless Termination Points(WTPs).

   This document defines a MIB module that can be used to manage the
   CAPWAP implementations.  This MIB module covers both configuration
   and WTP status-monitoring aspects of CAPWAP, and provides a way to
   reuse MIB modules for any wireless technology.

Working Group Summary

   The Working Group was initially chartered to issue Proposed Standard
   but there was not enough working group involvement with this document 
   to warrant publication as a Proposed Standard. The document is 
   complete, went through full MIB Docotrs reviews, and there is no 
   disagreement about publishing it as Informational.

Document Quality

    There is at least one implementation of this protocol underway. 
    At various phases of development the work was advised and reviewed by
    David Harrington, Dan Romascanu, and Bert Wijnen for the MIB Doctors 
    team.

Personnel

    Margaret Wassermann is the document shepherd. Dan Romascanu is 
    the responsible AD. Bert Wijnen is the MIB Doctor.