Subject: RFC 5579 on Transmission of IPv4 Packets over Intra-Site Automatic Tunnel Addressing Protocol (ISATAP) Interfaces

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 19:52:39 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5579

        Title:      Transmission of IPv4 Packets over 
                    Intra-Site Automatic Tunnel Addressing Protocol 
                    (ISATAP) Interfaces 
        Author:     F. Templin, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 18998
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-templin-isatapv4-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5579.txt

The Intra-Site Automatic Tunnel Addressing Protocol (ISATAP)
specifies a Non-Broadcast, Multiple Access (NBMA) interface type for
the transmission of IPv6 packets over IPv4 networks using automatic
IPv6-in-IPv4 encapsulation.  The original specifications make no
provisions for the encapsulation and transmission of IPv4 packets,
however.  This document specifies a method for transmitting IPv4
packets over ISATAP interfaces.  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is an Independent Submission.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC