Subject: RFC 5773 on Analysis of Inter-Domain Routing Requirements and History

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 10:22:52 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5773

        Title:      Analysis of Inter-Domain Routing Requirements 
                    and History 
        Author:     E. Davies, A. Doria
        Status:     Historic
        Date:       February 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      51
        Characters: 127384
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-routing-history-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5773.txt

This document analyzes the state of the Internet domain-based routing
system, concentrating on Inter-Domain Routing (IDR) and also
considering the relationship between inter-domain and intra-domain
routing.  The analysis is carried out with respect to RFC 1126 and
other IDR requirements and design efforts looking at the routing
system as it appeared to be in 2001 with editorial additions
reflecting developments up to 2006.  It is the companion document to
"A Set of Possible Requirements for a Future Routing Architecture"
(RFC 5772), which is a discussion of requirements for the future
routing architecture, addressing systems developments and future
routing protocols.  This document summarizes discussions held several
years ago by members of the IRTF Routing Research Group (IRTF RRG)
and other interested parties.  The document is published with the
support of the IRTF RRG as a record of the work completed at that
time, but with the understanding that it does not necessarily
represent either the latest technical understanding or the technical
consensus of the research group at the date of publication.  This document 
defines a Historic Document for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the IRTF.

HISTORIC: This memo defines a Historic Document for the Internet
community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC