Subject: Forward: RFC 5546 on iCalendar Transport-Independent Interoperability Protocol (iTIP)

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:20:42 -0800

Greetings All,

Please note that we are resending this RFC announcement because were
notified that it did not appear in the ietf-announce archives.  Please
note that the date of publication is December 2009.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

RFC Editor/sg

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 5546 on iCalendar Transport-Independent Interoperability Protocol (iTIP)
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 10:45:21 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5546

        Title:      iCalendar Transport-Independent Interoperability 
                    Protocol (iTIP) 
        Author:     C. Daboo, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       December 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      133
        Characters: 318143
        Obsoletes:  RFC2446
        Updates:    RFC5545

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-calsify-2446bis-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5546.txt

This document specifies a protocol that uses the iCalendar object
specification to provide scheduling interoperability between
different calendaring systems.  This is done without reference to a
specific transport protocol so as to allow multiple methods of
communication between systems.  Subsequent documents will define
profiles of this protocol that use specific, interoperable methods of
communication between systems.

The iCalendar Transport-Independent Interoperability Protocol (iTIP)
complements the iCalendar object specification by adding semantics
for group scheduling methods commonly available in current
calendaring systems.  These scheduling methods permit two or more
calendaring systems to perform transactions such as publishing,
scheduling, rescheduling, responding to scheduling requests,
negotiating changes, or canceling.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Calendaring and Scheduling Standards Simplification Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

----- End forwarded message -----