Subject: Second Last Call: draft-ietf-smime-cms-rsa-kem (Use of the RSA-KEM Key Transport Algorithm in CMS) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 09:38:30 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has received a request from the S/MIME Mail Security WG (smime) 
to consider the following document:

- 'Use of the RSA-KEM Key Transport Algorithm in CMS '
   <draft-ietf-smime-cms-rsa-kem-11.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This is a second Last Call, and focuses on two normative references to 
Informational RFCs that were not explicitly identified in the first Last Call.
The draft includes normative references to:
  * RFC 3217, "Triple-DES and RC2 Key Wrapping", and
  * RFC 3394, "Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) Key Wrap Algorithm"
The IESG would like to determine whether the community believes these 
documents are an appropriate reference for a standards track document
in spit of the lower maturity level.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2010-03-11. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-cms-rsa-kem-11.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=10322&rfc_flag=0