Subject: RFC 5807 on Definition of Master Key between PANA Client and Enforcement Point

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 22:00:34 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5807

        Title:      Definition of Master Key between 
                    PANA Client and Enforcement Point 
        Author:     Y. Ohba, A. Yegin
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 13808
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ohba-pana-pemk-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5807.txt

This document defines a master key used between a client of the
Protocol for carrying Authentication for Network Access (PANA) and an
enforcement point, for bootstrapping lower-layer ciphering.  The
master key is derived from the Master Session Key of the Extensible
Authentication Protocol as a result of successful PANA
authentication.  The master key guarantees cryptographic independence
among enforcement points bootstrapped from PANA authentication across
different address families.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC