Subject: RFC 5787 on OSPFv2 Routing Protocols Extensions for Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON) Routing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 23:16:42 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5787

        Title:      OSPFv2 Routing Protocols Extensions for 
                    Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON) Routing 
        Author:     D. Papadimitriou
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       March 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 67247
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-routing-ospf-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5787.txt

The ITU-T has defined an architecture and requirements for operating
an Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON).

The Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) protocol suite
is designed to provide a control plane for a range of network
technologies including optical networks such as time division
multiplexing (TDM) networks including SONET/SDH and Optical Transport
Networks (OTNs), and lambda switching optical networks.

The requirements for GMPLS routing to satisfy the requirements of
ASON routing, and an evaluation of existing GMPLS routing protocols
are provided in other documents.  This document defines extensions to
the OSPFv2 Link State Routing Protocol to meet the requirements for
routing in an ASON.

Note that this work is scoped to the requirements and evaluation
expressed in RFC 4258 and RFC 4652 and the ITU-T Recommendations
current when those documents were written.  Future extensions of
revisions of this work may be necessary if the ITU-T Recommendations
are revised or if new requirements are introduced into a revision of
RFC 4258.  This document defines an Experimental Protocol for the 
Internet community.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC