Subject: Protocol Action: 'Camellia Cipher Suites for TLS' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 13:25:26 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Camellia Cipher Suites for TLS '
   <draft-kato-tls-rfc4132bis-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kato-tls-rfc4132bis-05.txt

Technical Summary

   This document specifies a set of cipher suites for the Transport
   Security Layer (TLS) protocol to support the Camellia encryption
   algorithm as a block cipher.  It amends the ciphersuites originally
   specifed in RFC 4132 by counterparts using the newer cryptographic
   hash algorithms from the SHA-2 familiy.  This document obsoletes RFC
   4132.

Working Group Summary

   This document was not the product of any working group.  IETF
   Last Call was uneventful. 

Document Quality

   There are no known implementations of the protocol.
   Regional implementation is likely, reflecting current
   adoption patterns for the Camellia algorithm.

Personnel

   Tim Polk is the responsible Area Director.  The authors are acting
   as their own the Document Shepherd.