Subject: Protocol Action: 'DSCP for Capacity-Admitted Traffic' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:19:46 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'DSCP for Capacity-Admitted Traffic '
   <draft-ietf-tsvwg-admitted-realtime-dscp-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Transport Area Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Magnus Westerlund and Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-admitted-realtime-dscp-07.txt

Technical Summary 
             
   This document requests one Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP)
   from the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) for real-time
   traffic classes similar to voice conforming to the Expedited
   Forwarding Per Hop Behavior, and admitted using a call admission
   procedure involving authentication, authorization, and capacity
   admission.

   This document also recommends that certain classes of video traffic
   described in RFC 4594 and which have similar requirements be changed
   to require admission using a Call Admission Control (CAC) procedure
   involving authentication, authorization, and capacity admission.

Working Group Summary 

    There was strong consensus from the one that involved themselves 
    with this document. 
    
Document Quality 

    There has been reasonable amount of review of this document. There 
    has been several that indicated interest or need for this new DSCP.
             
Personel
    
    Magnus Westerlund was both WG shepherd and responsible AD.