Subject: REVISED Last Call: draft-turner-asymmetrickeyformat (Asymmetric Key Packages) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 14:14:06 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider 
the following document:

- 'Asymmetric Key Packages '
   <draft-turner-asymmetrickeyformat-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This is a revised Last Call; the original Last Call failed to highlight
a normative down reference to 
 
The draft includes a normative reference to:  
* "New ASN.1 Modules for CMS and S/MIME",  
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-smime-new-asn1-07.txt  
which is currently in the RFC Editor Queue for publication as an 
Informational RFC. 
 
The IESG would like to determine whether the community believes this  
document is an appropriate reference for a standards track document  
in spite of the lower maturity level.  
 
The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2010-04-01. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-turner-asymmetrickeyformat-03.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=17799&rfc_flag=0