Subject: RFC 5811 on SCTP-Based Transport Mapping Layer (TML) for the Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 19:18:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5811

        Title:      SCTP-Based Transport Mapping Layer (TML) 
                    for the Forwarding and Control Element 
                    Separation (ForCES) Protocol 
        Author:     J. Hadi Salim, K. Ogawa
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 61443
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-forces-sctptml-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5811.txt

This document defines the SCTP-based TML (Transport Mapping Layer)
for the ForCES (Forwarding and Control Element Separation) protocol.
It explains the rationale for choosing the SCTP (Stream Control
Transmission Protocol) and also describes how this TML addresses all
the requirements required by and the ForCES protocol.  [STANDARDS 
TRACK]

This document is a product of the Forwarding and Control Element Separation Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC