Subject: RFC 5747 on 4over6 Transit Solution Using IP Encapsulation and MP-BGP Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 11:18:13 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5747

        Title:      4over6 Transit Solution Using IP 
                    Encapsulation and MP-BGP Extensions 
        Author:     J. Wu, Y. Cui,
                    X. Li, M. Xu,
                    C. Metz
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       March 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 33768
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-wu-softwire-4over6-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5747.txt

The emerging and growing deployment of IPv6 networks will introduce
cases where connectivity with IPv4 networks crossing IPv6 transit
backbones is desired.  This document describes a mechanism for
automatic discovery and creation of IPv4-over-IPv6 tunnels via
extensions to multiprotocol BGP.  It is targeted at connecting
islands of IPv4 networks across an IPv6-only backbone without the
need for a manually configured overlay of tunnels.  The mechanisms
described in this document have been implemented, tested, and
deployed on the large research IPv6 network in China.  This document
defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is an Independent Submission.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC