Subject: Protocol Action: 'Resource ReSerVation Protocol (RSVP) Extensions for Admission Priority' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 07:06:21 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Resource ReSerVation Protocol (RSVP) Extensions for Admission Priority '
   <draft-ietf-tsvwg-emergency-rsvp-15.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Transport Area Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Magnus Westerlund and Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-emergency-rsvp-15.txt

Technical Summary

Some applications require the ability to provide an elevated
probability of session establishment to specific sessions in times of
network congestion. When supported over the Internet Protocol suite,
this may be facilitated through a network layer admission control
solution that supports prioritized access to resources (e.g.,
bandwidth). These resources may be explicitly set aside for
prioritized sessions, or may be shared with other sessions. This
document specifies extensions to the Resource reSerVation Protocol
(RSVP) that can be used to support such an admission priority
capability at the network layer.

Working Group Summary

There is WG consensus for publishing this document.

Document Quality

This document has been well reviewed by the WG. It now includes changes
after IESG feedback and updates after further discussion in TSVWG.

Personnel

Magnus Westerlund was previously the WG shepherd of an earlier
submission and is now the responsible AD.

RFC Editor Note

Section 9. Reference section:
Please move reference [I-D.rahman-rtg-router-alert-considerations] from
the informative section to the normative section.