Subject: Protocol Action: 'Connectivity Preconditions for Session Description Protocol (SDP) Media Streams' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 13:56:27 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Connectivity Preconditions for Session Description Protocol (SDP) 
   Media Streams '
   <draft-ietf-mmusic-connectivity-precon-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-connectivity-precon-07.txt

Technical Summary
This document defines a new connectivity precondition for the Session
Description Protocol (SDP) precondition framework. A connectivity
precondition can be used to delay session establishment or modification
until media stream connectivity has been successfully verified.

Working Group Summary
The MMUSIC Working Group has consensus to publish this document as a
Proposed Standard.

Document Quality
This document defines a new connectivity precondition type that is needed
in scenarios where it is important that the media stream succeeds. It
follows the guidelines provided in [RFC4032] to extend the SIP
preconditions framework.

Personnel
The Document Shepherd is Jean-Francois Mule, and the Responsible Area
Director is Cullen Jennings.