Subject: RFC 5797 on FTP Command and Extension Registry

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 21:59:55 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5797

        Title:      FTP Command and Extension Registry 
        Author:     J. Klensin, A. Hoenes
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 24535
        Updates:    RFC0959

        I-D Tag:    draft-klensin-ftp-registry-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5797.txt

Every version of the FTP specification has added a few new commands,
with the early ones summarized in RFC 959.  RFC 2389 established a
mechanism for specifying and negotiating FTP extensions.  The number
of extensions, both those supported by the mechanism and some that
are not, continues to increase.  An IANA registry of FTP Command and
Feature names is established to reduce the likelihood of conflict of
names and the consequent ambiguity.  This specification establishes
that registry.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC