Subject: RFC 5810 on Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) Protocol Specification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 19:17:52 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5810

        Title:      Forwarding and Control Element Separation 
                    (ForCES) Protocol Specification 
        Author:     A. Doria, Ed.,
                    J. Hadi Salim, Ed.,
                    R. Haas, Ed.,
                    H. Khosravi, Ed.,
                    W. Wang, Ed., L. Dong, 
                    R. Gopal, J. Halpern
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      124
        Characters: 239754
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-forces-protocol-22.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5810.txt

This document specifies the Forwarding and Control Element Separation
(ForCES) protocol.  The ForCES protocol is used for communications
between Control Elements (CEs) and Forwarding Elements (FEs) in a
ForCES Network Element (ForCES NE).  This specification is intended
to meet the ForCES protocol requirements defined in RFC 3654.
Besides the ForCES protocol, this specification also defines the
requirements for the Transport Mapping Layer (TML).  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Forwarding and Control Element Separation Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC