Subject: Protocol Action: 'Network Time Protocol (NTP) Server Option for DHCPv6' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 07:49:28 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Network Time Protocol (NTP) Server Option for DHCPv6 '
   <draft-ietf-ntp-dhcpv6-ntp-opt-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network Time Protocol Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ntp-dhcpv6-ntp-opt-06.txt

Technical Summary

   This document defines a DHCPv6 option and associated suboptions
   to provide Network Time Protocol version 4 or greater configuration
   information to DHCPv6 hosts.

Working Group Summary

   This document has received in-depth review from both the NTP
   and DHC working groups and has strong support for advancement.

Document Quality

Personnel

  Brian Haberman <[email-masked]> is the document shepherd for
this document.
  Ralph Droms <[email-masked]> is the responsible AD.

RFC Editor Note

There are two references that are not cited in the text.  These
references can be removed:

OLD:

   [RFC4075]  Kalusivalingam, V., "Simple Network Time Protocol (SNTP)
              Configuration Option for DHCPv6", RFC 4075, May 2005.

   [RFC4330]  Mills, D., "Simple Network Time Protocol (SNTP) Version 4
              for IPv4, IPv6 and OSI", RFC 4330, January 2006.

NEW <no new text>: