Subject: Document Action: 'The application/pkix-attr-cert Media Type for Attribute Certificates' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:24:38 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The application/pkix-attr-cert Media Type for Attribute Certificates '
   <draft-ietf-pkix-attr-cert-mime-type-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Tim Polk and Pasi Eronen.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-attr-cert-mime-type-03.txt

Technical Summary

This document defines a MIME content type (application/pkix-attr-cert)
for carrying an attribute certificate [RFC 3281]. This content type is
needed to enable transport of attribute (as opposed to public-key)
certificates) via protocols that make use of MIME encoding, e.g., HTTP.

Working Group Summary

The working group expressed consensus to approve this document as an
informational RFC.

Document Quality

The document is very brief (only 4 pages, including  all, of the
boilerplate) and well-written.

Personnel

   Steve Kent is the Document Shepherd; Tim Polk is the 
   Responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

Please make the following changes:

In Section 14.1:

OLD
   [RFC3281]  S. Farrell, S., and R. Housley, "An Internet Attribute 
              Certificate Profile for Authorization", RFC 3281, 
              April 2002. 
NEW
   [RFC5755]  Farrell, S., R. Housley, and S. Turner, "An Internet
              Attribute Certificate Profile for Authorization", RFC 5755,

              January 2010. 

Please make the following two global substitutions:
s/RFC 3281/RFC 5755/
s/[RFC3281]/[RFC5755]/