Subject: Protocol Action: 'IANA Rules for PANA (Protocol for Carrying Authentication for Network Access)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:07:36 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IANA Rules for PANA (Protocol for Carrying Authentication for Network 
   Access) '
   <draft-arkko-pana-iana-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arkko-pana-iana-02.txt

Technical Summary

   This draft updates the IANA considerations for the PANA protocol.

Working Group Summary

   This draft came about, as another PANA draft needed to allocate a
   number from a space where it was not per the existing RFCs allowed to
   do so.

Document Quality

   This draft is purely administrative, there are no implementation
   aspects.

Personnel

   There is no document shepherd.  Ralph Droms ([email-masked])
   is the Responsible AD.

RFC Editor Note

Correct typo in the last line of section 1:

OLD:

   number of bits still remains for other purposes, and the PANA
   community is happy with such an allocation.

NEW:

   number of bits still remains for other purposes, and the PANA
   community is happy with such allocation.

Correct typo in first line of ection 2:

OLD:

   IANA is requested to updated the registries related to PANA Message
   Types, Message Flags, AVP Flags, Result-Code AVP Values, and

NEW:

   IANA is requested to update the registries related to PANA Message
   Types, Message Flags, AVP Flags, Result-Code AVP Values, and

Editorial changes in sections 2.4 and 2.5 (s/bits/values):

Second paragraph of section 2.4

OLD:

   All remaining values are available for assignment via IETF Review or
   IESG Approval [RFC5226].  Previously, the rule for these bits was
   allocation by IETF Review only.

NEW:

   All remaining values are available for assignment via IETF Review or
   IESG Approval [RFC5226].  Previously, the rule for these values was
   allocation by IETF Review only.

Second paragraph of section 2.5

OLD:

   All remaining values are available for assignment via IETF Review or
   IESG Approval [RFC5226].  Previously, the rule for these bits was
   allocation by IETF Review only.

NEW:

   All remaining values are available for assignment via IETF Review or
   IESG Approval [RFC5226].  Previously, the rule for these values was
   allocation by IETF Review only.