Subject: RFC 5639 on Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) Brainpool Standard Curves and Curve Generation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 17:25:47 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5639

        Title:      Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) Brainpool 
                    Standard Curves and Curve Generation 
        Author:     M. Lochter, J. Merkle
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 50566
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-lochter-pkix-brainpool-ecc-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5639.txt

This memo proposes several elliptic curve domain parameters over
finite prime fields for use in cryptographic applications.  The
domain parameters are consistent with the relevant international
standards, and can be used in X.509 certificates and certificate
revocation lists (CRLs), for Internet Key Exchange (IKE), Transport
Layer Security (TLS), XML signatures, and all applications or
protocols based on the cryptographic message syntax (CMS).  This document 
is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for 
informational purposes.

This document is an Independent Submission.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC