Subject: RFC 5805 on Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) Transactions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 22:00:22 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5805

        Title:      Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) 
                    Transactions 
        Author:     K. Zeilenga
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       March 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 21723
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-zeilenga-ldap-txn-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5805.txt

Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) update operations, such
as Add, Delete, and Modify operations, have atomic, consistency,
isolation, durability (ACID) properties.  Each of these update
operations act upon an entry.  It is often desirable to update two or
more entries in a single unit of interaction, a transaction.
Transactions are necessary to support a number of applications
including resource provisioning.  This document extends LDAP to
support transactions.  This document defines an Experimental 
Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is an Independent Submission.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC