Subject: RFC 5789 on PATCH Method for HTTP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 19:18:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5789

        Title:      PATCH Method for HTTP 
        Author:     L. Dusseault, J. Snell
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 21706
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-dusseault-http-patch-16.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5789.txt

Several applications extending the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP)
require a feature to do partial resource modification.  The existing
HTTP PUT method only allows a complete replacement of a document.
This proposal adds a new HTTP method, PATCH, to modify an existing
HTTP resource.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC