Subject: Document Action: 'TFTP Server Address Option for DHCPv4' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 07:27:44 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'TFTP Server Address Option for DHCPv4 '
   <draft-raj-dhc-tftp-addr-option-06.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-raj-dhc-tftp-addr-option-06.txt

Technical Summary

  This memo documents existing usage for the "VoIP Configuration Server
  Address Option" (previously known as the "TFTP Server IP Address
  Option").  The option number currently in use is 150.  This memo
  documents the current usage of the option in agreement with
  [RFC3942], which declares that any pre-existing usages of option
  numbers in the range 128 - 223 should be documented and the working
  group will try to officially assign those numbers to those options.

Working Group Summary

   There was nothing controversial about this document.

Document Quality

   It is believed that at least one DHCP server and client
   implementation support the option specified in this document.
   Further, it is believed that to some extent this
   option is in use in some deployments of VoIP devices.

   Review was was performed with key members of the dhc WG. No
   special reviews were performed or required.

Personnel

  Shepherd: John Jason Brzozowski
  AD:      Jari Arkko
  IANA:    N/A

RFC Editor Note

  Please change the title of the document as follows:

  OLD:              
  VoIP Configuration Server Address Option
  NEW:
  VoIP Configuration Server Address Option for DHCPv4

  Please add this to the end of the abstract:

  NEW:
  The option is defined for DHCPv4 and works only with
  IPv4 addresses.

  Please change this in Section 5:

  OLD:
  If this is a concern, then DHCP Authentication may be used.
  NEW:
  If this is a concern, then DHCP Authentication may be used, but
  even secure delivery of an address over DHCP does not protect
  the subsequent insecure download over TFTP.