Subject: RFC 5806 on Diversion Indication in SIP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:11:52 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5806

        Title:      Diversion Indication in SIP 
        Author:     S. Levy, M. Mohali, Ed.
        Status:     Historic
        Date:       March 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      53
        Characters: 107160
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-levy-sip-diversion-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5806.txt

This RFC, which contains the text of an Internet Draft that was
submitted originally to the SIP Working Group, is being published now
for the historical record and to provide a reference for later
Informational RFCs.  The original Abstract follows.

This document is an Independent Submission.

This document proposes an extension to the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP).  This extension provides the ability for the called
SIP user agent to identify from whom the call was diverted and why
the call was diverted. The extension defines a general header, 
Diversion, which conveys the diversion information from other SIP 
user agents and proxies to the called user agent.

This extension allows enhanced support for various features,
including Unified Messaging, Third-Party Voicemail, and Automatic
Call Distribution (ACD).  SIP user agents and SIP proxies that
receive diversion information may use this as supplemental
information for feature invocation decisions.  This document 
defines a Historic Document for the Internet community.

HISTORIC: This memo defines a Historic Document for the Internet
community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC