Subject: RFC 5738 on IMAP Support for UTF-8

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 17:26:03 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5738

        Title:      IMAP Support for UTF-8 
        Author:     P. Resnick, C. Newman
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       March 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 32061
        Updates:    RFC3501

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-eai-imap-utf8-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5738.txt

This specification extends the Internet Message Access Protocol
version 4rev1 (IMAP4rev1) to support UTF-8 encoded international
characters in user names, mail addresses, and message headers.  
This document defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet
community.

This document is a product of the Email Address Internationalization Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC