Subject: Protocol Action: 'Extensions to the IODEF-Document Class for Reporting Phishing' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 13:53:23 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Extensions to the IODEF-Document Class for Reporting Phishing '
   <draft-cain-post-inch-phishingextns-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cain-post-inch-phishingextns-07.txt

Technical Summary
    This document extends the Incident Object Description Exchange Format
    (IODEF) to support the reporting of phishing, fraud, other types of
    electronic crime, and widespread spam incidents. These extensions are
    specified in XML and are flexible enough to support information 
    gleaned from activities throughout the entire electronic fraud cycle.
    Both simple reporting and complete forensic reports are possible, as 
    is consolidated reporting of multiple phishing incidents.

Working Group Summary
    Testing and implementation of this document in the INCH WG had major
    impact on the base IODEF Document as these tests were the first time
    that portions of IODEF were used.

Document Quality
    The Anti-Phishing Working group, and Sparta, Inc (under US gov't 
    funding) have independent implementations that create and accept 
    the formats defined in this document. There are a handful of CSIRTs 
    and fraud-repository organizations who have agreed to share data 
    using this format. 

    The XML defined in this document was validated using multiple XML 
    tools by more than one party. 

Personnel

   The Document Shepherd is Tony Hansen.  Tim Polk is the responsible
   Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

In Section C.2, please make the following substitution:

s/.company.com/.example.com