Subject: RFC 5795 on The RObust Header Compression (ROHC) Framework

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 19:18:52 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5795

        Title:      The RObust Header Compression (ROHC) 
                    Framework 
        Author:     K. Sandlund, G. Pelletier,
                    L-E. Jonsson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      41
        Characters: 89850
        Obsoletes:  RFC4995

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rohc-rfc4995bis-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5795.txt

The Robust Header Compression (ROHC) protocol provides an efficient,
flexible, and future-proof header compression concept.  It is
designed to operate efficiently and robustly over various link
technologies with different characteristics.

The ROHC framework, along with a set of compression profiles, was
initially defined in RFC 3095.  To improve and simplify the ROHC
specifications, this document explicitly defines the ROHC framework
and the profile for uncompressed separately.  More specifically, the
definition of the framework does not modify or update the definition
of the framework specified by RFC 3095.

This specification obsoletes RFC 4995.  It fixes one interoperability
issue that was erroneously introduced in RFC 4995, and adds some
minor clarifications.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Robust Header Compression Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC