Subject: Protocol Action: 'IPv4 Support for Proxy Mobile IPv6' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:38:55 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IPv4 Support for Proxy Mobile IPv6 '
   <draft-ietf-netlmm-pmip6-ipv4-support-18.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network-based Localized Mobility Management Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netlmm-pmip6-ipv4-support-18.txt

Technical Summary

   The Proxy Mobile IPv6 specification in RFC 5213 describes network 
   based mobility management for IPv6 hosts across IPv6 network
   domains. This document describes the necessary extensions to
   RFC 5213 to support IPv4-only and dual stacked hosts. It also
   supports IPv4 network traversal between the Mobile Access Gateway
   (MAG) in the access network and the Local Mobility Anchor (LMA).

Working Group Summary

   There is a consensus in the NETLMM WG for publication as a
   proposed standard.

Document Quality

  The document has gone through various reviews and a successful WGLC. 
  Significant discussions occurred due to AD review comments, and later,
  due to additional issues raised on DHCP usage. These were resolved
  and the draft can now go forward.

Personnel

   Responsible AD is Jari Arkko and the document shepherd is
   Vidya Narayanan.

RFC Editor Note

   Please change in Section 4.2.2:

   o The Proxy Binding Update message MUST be sent over IPv4 as  
desribed in Section 4.2.2.1.

   s/desribed/described/