Subject: Protocol Action: 'Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Support For Metro Ethernet Forum and G.8011 User-Network Interface (UNI)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 11:07:31 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Support For Metro Ethernet Forum and G.8011 
   User-Network Interface (UNI) '
   <draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mef-uni-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mef-uni-03.txt

Technical Summary

   This document describes a method for controlling two specific types
   of Ethernet switching via a Generalized Multi-Protocol Label
   Switching (GMPLS) based User-Network Interface (UNI). This document
   supports the types of switching required by the Ethernet services
   that have been defined in the context of the Metro Ethernet Forum
   (MEF) and International Telecommunication Union (ITU) G.8011. This
   document is the UNI companion to "Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Support
   For Metro Ethernet Forum and G.8011 Ethernet Service Switching".
   This document does not define or limit the underlying intra-domain or
   Internal NNI (I-NNI) technology used to support the UNI.

Working Group Summary

   Nothing to report.

Document Quality

   There are no known implementations, but it is expected that several
   vendors plan to implement.

Personnel

   Deborah Brungard ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
   Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD

RFC Editor Note

   RFC Editor - we suggest that you treat this I-D as part of a cluster
   including the following five documents.

   draft-ietf-ccamp-ethernet-traffic-parameters
   draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-dcsc-channel-ext
   draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ether-svcs
   draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mef-uni
   draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mln-extensions
---
Section 1
OLD
  LSPs
NEW
  Label Switched Paths (LSPs)
---
Section 4
OLD
   There is one additional UNI specific requirements for signaling LSPs
   supporting an EVPL type service.
NEW
   There is one additional UNI specific requirement for signaling LSPs
   supporting an EVPL type service as described in section 4.1.
---
Section 6
s/takes occurs/occurs/