Subject: RFC 5762 on RTP and the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 16:36:03 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5762

        Title:      RTP and the Datagram Congestion 
                    Control Protocol (DCCP) 
        Author:     C. Perkins
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 37537
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dccp-rtp-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5762.txt

The Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) is a widely used transport for
real-time multimedia on IP networks.  The Datagram Congestion Control
Protocol (DCCP) is a transport protocol that provides desirable
services for real-time applications.  This memo specifies a mapping
of RTP onto DCCP, along with associated signalling, such that real-
time applications can make use of the services provided by DCCP.
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC