Subject: RFC 5843 on Additional Hash Algorithms for HTTP Instance Digests

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:57:32 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5843

        Title:      Additional Hash Algorithms for HTTP 
                    Instance Digests 
        Author:     A. Bryan
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 6731
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-bryan-http-digest-algorithm-values-update-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5843.txt

The IANA registry named "Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Digest
Algorithm Values" defines values for digest algorithms used by
Instance Digests in HTTP.  Instance Digests in HTTP provide a digest,
also known as a checksum or hash, of an entire representation of the
current state of a resource.  This document adds new values to the
registry and updates previous values.  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC