Subject: Protocol Action: 'Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Support For Metro Ethernet Forum and G.8011 Ethernet Service Switching' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 16:11:08 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Support For Metro Ethernet Forum and G.8011 
   Ethernet Service Switching '
   <draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ether-svcs-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ether-svcs-04.txt

Technical Summary

   This document describes a method for controlling two specific types
   of Ethernet switching via Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching
   (GMPLS). This document supports the types of switching corresponding
   to the Ethernet services that have been defined in the context of the
   Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) and International Telecommunication Union
   (ITU) G.8011. Specifically, switching in support of Ethernet private
   line and Ethernet virtual private line services are covered. Support
   for MEF and ITU defined parameters is also covered.

Working Group Summary

   Nothing to report.

Document Quality

   There are no known implementations, but it is expected that several
   vendors plan to implement.

Personnel

   Deborah Brungard ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
   Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD

RFC Editor Note

   RFC Editor - we suggest that you treat this I-D as part of a cluster
   including the following five documents.

   draft-ietf-ccamp-ethernet-traffic-parameters
   draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-dcsc-channel-ext
   draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ether-svcs
   draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mef-uni
   draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mln-extensions

---
Section 2.1
OLD
   supports the Ethernet endpoint identifier similar to
   [RFC4974] supports the long call ID.
NEW
   supports the Ethernet endpoint identifier similar to how
   [RFC4974] supports the long call ID.
---
Section 8
OLD
   This document introduces no new security considerations 
   to either [RFC3473].
NEW
   This document introduces no new security considerations 
   to [RFC3473].

IANA Note

   IANA - Please note that this I-D uses a registry created by
   draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mln-extensions which is also in the 
   pipeline.