Subject: RFC 5826 on Home Automation Routing Requirements in Low-Power and Lossy Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 15:13:40 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5826

        Title:      Home Automation Routing Requirements in 
                    Low-Power and Lossy Networks 
        Author:     A. Brandt, J. Buron,
                    G. Porcu
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 38751
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-roll-home-routing-reqs-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5826.txt

This document presents requirements specific to home control and
automation applications for Routing Over Low
power and Lossy (ROLL) networks.  In the near future, many homes will
contain high numbers of wireless devices for a wide set of
purposes.  Examples include actuators (relay, light dimmer, heating
valve), sensors (wall switch, water leak, blood pressure), and
advanced controllers (radio-frequency-based AV remote control, central
server for light and heat control).  Because such devices only cover a
limited radio range, routing is often required.  The aim of this
document is to specify the routing requirements for networks
comprising such constrained devices in a home-control and automation
environment.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC