Subject: RFC 5768 on Indicating Support for Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 16:36:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5768

        Title:      Indicating Support for Interactive Connectivity 
                    Establishment (ICE) in the Session Initiation 
                    Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     J. Rosenberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 12962
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sip-ice-option-tag-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5768.txt

This specification defines a media feature tag and an option tag for
use with the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).  The media feature
tag allows a User Agent (UA) to communicate to its registrar that it
supports ICE.  The option tag allows a UA to require support for ICE
in order for a call to proceed.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC