Subject: Document Action: 'EAP Authentication Using Only A Password' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 09:07:57 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'EAP Authentication Using Only A Password '
   <draft-harkins-emu-eap-pwd-14.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-harkins-emu-eap-pwd-14.txt

Technical Summary

   This memo describes an Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
   method, EAP-pwd, which uses a shared password for authentication.
   The password may be a low-entropy one and may be drawn from some set
   of possible passwords, like a dictionary, which is available to an
   attacker.

Working Group Summary

   This memo is not the product of any working group.  It has been
   reviewed by several interested parties with relevant background.

Document Quality

   This memo was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

RFC Editor Note

   Please replace the [FIPS-197] reference:

   OLD:

   [FIPS-197]
              Sam, U., "The Advanced Encryption Standard", Federal
              Information Processing Standard 197, November 2001.

   NEW:

   [FIPS-197]
              National Institute of Standards and Technology, FIPS Pub
              197: Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), 26 November 2001.