Subject: RFC 5538 on The 'news' and 'nntp' URI Schemes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 20:26:50 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5538

        Title:      The 'news' and 'nntp' URI 
                    Schemes 
        Author:     F. Ellermann
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 29470
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ellermann-news-nntp-uri-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5538.txt

This memo specifies the 'news' and 'nntp' Uniform Resource Identifier
(URI) schemes that were originally defined in RFC 1738.  The purpose
of this document is to allow RFC 1738 to be made obsolete while
keeping the information about these schemes on the Standards Track.
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC