Subject: Homegate Workshop Canceled Due to Icelandic Volcanic Ash Travel Disruptions

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 10:14:38 -0700 (PDT)

Much of Europe is currently experiencing severe travel restrictions
resulting from a drifting ash cloud from a volcanic eruption at the
Eyjafjallajokull glacier in Iceland that are expected to last at least
throughout the coming weekend.

Consequently, we have decided to ***CANCEL*** the IETF HomeGate Workshop
originally planned to be held in Paris, France on April 20-21. We are
extremely sorry for canceling this event at the very last minute, but we
believe that a large number of attendees will be prevented from attending
or may become stranded en route.

The intent is to quickly find another suitable time and location, so that
the meeting can occur before the next IETF meeting in Maastricht (July
25-30). Registration fees will be refunded as soon as that can be arranged
with the IETF secretariat (or will be credited towards attendance to the
replacement workshop, when appropriate.)

Again, we are extremely sorry for the late cancelation, but we do believe
this to be the best option at this time.

Regards
Jason