Subject: RFC 5836 on Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Early Authentication Problem Statement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 16:50:26 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5836

        Title:      Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Early 
                    Authentication Problem Statement 
        Author:     Y. Ohba, Ed.,
                    Q. Wu, Ed.,
                    G. Zorn, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 45912
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-hokey-preauth-ps-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5836.txt

Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) early authentication may be
defined as the use of EAP by a mobile device to establish
authenticated keying material on a target attachment point prior to
its arrival.  This document discusses the EAP early authentication
problem in detail.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Handover Keying Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC