Subject: RFC 5824 on Requirements for Supporting Customer Resource ReSerVation Protocol (RSVP) and RSVP Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) over a BGP/MPLS IP-VPN

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 20:27:05 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5824

        Title:      Requirements for Supporting Customer Resource 
                    ReSerVation Protocol (RSVP) and RSVP Traffic 
                    Engineering (RSVP-TE) over a BGP/MPLS IP-VPN 
        Author:     K. Kumaki, Ed.,
                    R. Zhang, Y. Kamite
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 56102
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l3vpn-e2e-rsvp-te-reqts-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5824.txt

Today, customers expect to run triple-play services through
BGP/MPLS IP-VPNs.  Some service providers will deploy services that
request Quality of Service (QoS) guarantees from a local Customer Edge
(CE) to a remote CE across the network.  As a result, the application 
(e.g., voice, video, bandwidth-guaranteed data pipe, etc.) requirements 
for an end-to-end QoS and reserving an adequate bandwidth continue to 
increase.

Service providers can use both an MPLS and an MPLS Traffic Engineering
(MPLS-TE) Label Switched Path (LSP) to meet their service objectives.  This
document describes service-provider requirements for supporting a customer
Resource ReSerVation Protocol (RSVP) and RSVP-TE over a BGP/MPLS IP-VPN.
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC