Subject: Requirements Development for Alternate Streams Extension to the Data Tracker

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 09:25:42 -0700 (PDT)

Requirements Development for Alternate Streams Extension to the Data
Tracker

The IETF Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC), on behalf of the
IETF, announces this Request for Proposal to develop the requirements for
data tracker extensions for the Alternate Streams - the Internet
Architecture Board (IAB), the Internet Research Task Force (IRTF), and
Independent Submissions. The successful bidder will enter into a contract
with the Internet Society.

The current Data Tracker infrastructure provides support for the work of
the Internet Engineering Steering Group (IESG), the IETF Secretariat, and
through the ietf.org website provides information to the community at
large. The current tools are written in Perl and Python and interface with
a MySQL database.

The primary goal of this project is to develop consensus on a set of
requirements for extending the Data Tracker to capture and display the
progression of Internet-Drafts (I-Ds) from the time they are accepted as
candidate for the IAB, IRTF, or Independent Submissions document stream
through to the time the stream manager approves publication as an RFC, or
the document is declared to be “Dead.”  Also, the Data Tracker provides
the community the information needed to process, monitor and manage I-Ds
in an open and transparent manner. One or more of this project’s
deliverables may be used to issue an RFP for the design and development of
these enhancements to the Data Tracker

The community engagement process to be used for this project shall be in
accordance with normal IETF working methods and expectations.  These
include participation in IETF meetings and e-mail discussions, off-line
chats, and the creation of one or more I-Ds for review and comment by
stakeholders and the community.

The RFP can be found at: http://iaoc.ietf.org/rfpsrfis.html

Proposals must be received via email at [email-masked] no later than
May 3, 2010, 5:00 P.M. EDT. All questions/inquiries must be submitted in
writing and must be received no later than midnight, EDT, April 16, 2010.
Responses to questions and inquiries shall be posted on the IAOC website,
iaoc.ietf.org/rfpsrfis.html by midnight, EDT, April 23, 2010.

The point of contact regarding this RFP is the IETF Administrative
Director, Ray Pelletier.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director