Subject: RFC 5827 on Early Retransmit for and Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 16:50:14 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5827

        Title:      Early Retransmit for and Stream 
                    Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) 
        Author:     M. Allman, K. Avrachenkov,
                    U. Ayesta, J. Blanton,
                    P. Hurtig
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 35383
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tcpm-early-rexmt-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5827.txt

This document proposes a new mechanism for TCP and Stream Control 
Transmission Protocol (SCTP) that can be used to recover lost segments 
when a connection's congestion window is small.  The "Early Retransmit" 
mechanism allows the transport to reduce, in certain special 
circumstances, the number of duplicate acknowledgments required to trigger 
a fast retransmission.  This allows the transport to use fast retransmit 
to recover segment losses that would otherwise require a lengthy 
retransmission timeout.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC