Subject: RFC 5761 on Multiplexing RTP Data and Control Packets on a Single Port

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 16:35:53 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5761

        Title:      Multiplexing RTP Data and Control 
                    Packets on a Single Port 
        Author:     C. Perkins, M. Westerlund
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 31778
        Updates:    RFC3550, RFC3551

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rtp-and-rtcp-mux-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5761.txt

This memo discusses issues that arise when multiplexing RTP data
packets and RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) packets on a single UDP port.
It updates RFC 3550 and RFC 3551 to describe when such multiplexing
is and is not appropriate, and it explains how the Session
Description Protocol (SDP) can be used to signal multiplexed
sessions.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC