Subject: Document Action: 'Location Hiding: Problem Statement and Requirements' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 08:09:26 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Location Hiding: Problem Statement and Requirements '
   <draft-ietf-ecrit-location-hiding-req-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Robert Sparks and Gonzalo Camarillo.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-location-hiding-req-04.txt

Technical Summary

The emergency services architecture developed in the IETF Emergency
Context Resolution with Internet Technology (ECRIT) working group
describes an architecture where location information is provided by
access networks to end points or VoIP service providers in order to
determine the correct dial string and information to route the call
to a Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP). For determining the PSAP
Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) the usage of the Location-to-
Service Translation (LoST) Protocol is envisioned.

This document provides a problem statement and lists requirements
for situations where the Internet Access Provider (IAP) and/or the
Internet Service Provider (ISP) are only willing to disclose
limited or no location information.

Working Group Summary

There is consensus in the WG to publish this document.

Document Quality

The document has been reviewed by ECRIT working group members
and feedback was provided by participants from various
emergency services workshops.

Personnel

Marc Linsner is the document shepherd for this document.