Subject: Q Fever in The Netherlands

From: The IAOC <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 12:00:22 -0700 (PDT)

The Netherlands National Institute for Public Health and the Environment
is reporting an outbreak of Q fever in the Netherlands, site of IETF-78. 
More information can be found at:

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/content/in-the-news/q-fever-netherlands.aspx

The IAOC is following the situation at the US Center for Disease Control
(CDC), US State Department, and EU equivalents periodically.  

Since the recommendations for avoiding the condition are centered around
staying away from farms, washing hands, and not eating raw milk (or raw
milk products), the IAOC does not believe there is any reason to modify
the plans for the Maastricht IETF meeting.

Registration for Maastricht is expected to open in a couple of weeks.  We
will review the matter and its impact on the meeting prior to opening
registration.  We also will provide information about this in the
registration announcement and on the meeting website so people can make
their own travel decisions based on their personal situation.

Bob Hinden
IAOC Chair