Subject: RFC 5864 on DNS SRV Resource Records for AFS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:57:43 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5864

        Title:      DNS SRV Resource Records for AFS 
        Author:     R. Allbery
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 23846
        Updates:    RFC1183

        I-D Tag:    draft-allbery-afs-srv-records-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5864.txt

This document specifies how to use DNS (Domain Name Service) SRV RRs
(Resource Records) to locate services for the AFS distributed file
system and how the priority and weight values of the SRV RR should be
interpreted in the server ranking system used by AFS.  It updates RFC
1183 to deprecate the use of the AFSDB RR to locate AFS cell database
servers and provides guidance for backward compatibility.  [STANDARDS
TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC