Subject: RFC 5835 on Framework for Metric Composition

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 09:54:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5835

        Title:      Framework for Metric Composition 
        Author:     A. Morton, Ed.,
                    S. Van den Berghe, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      38138
        Characters: 38138
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ippm-framework-compagg-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5835.txt

This memo describes a detailed framework for composing and
aggregating metrics (both in time and in space) originally defined by
the IP Performance Metrics (IPPM), RFC 2330, and developed by the IETF.
This new framework memo describes the generic composition and
aggregation mechanisms.  The memo provides a basis for additional
documents that implement the framework to define detailed
compositions and aggregations of metrics that are useful in
practice.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of 
the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC