Subject: RFC 5767 on User-Agent-Driven Privacy Mechanism for SIP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 16:36:27 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5767

        Title:      User-Agent-Driven Privacy Mechanism for SIP 
        Author:     M. Munakata, S. Schubert,
                    T. Ohba
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 23270
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sip-ua-privacy-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5767.txt

This document defines a guideline for a User Agent (UA) to generate
an anonymous Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) message by utilizing
mechanisms such as Globally Routable User Agent URIs (GRUUs) and
Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN) without the need for a
privacy service defined in RFC 3323.  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC