Subject: Document Action: 'Sharing Transaction Fraud Data' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 14:29:57 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Sharing Transaction Fraud Data '
   <draft-mraihi-inch-thraud-09.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mraihi-inch-thraud-09.txt

Technical Summary

             This document describes a data-format and protocol for 
             defining and exchanging Transaction Fraud (Thraud) Report 
             data. It profiles the IODEF incident reporting format and 
             uses IODEF's extensibility mechanism for transaction fraud
             specific data definitions.

Working Group Summary

          This document was not developed within an IETF WG. It would 
          have been proposed to the inch WG, however that WG was shut 
          down before this work was submitted to the IETF. However this 
          document, and all previous versions, were developed within the 
          Initiative for Open Authentication (OATH) Technical Committee 
          and was extensively reviewed by its members. In addition, the 
          document has also been reviwed by the co-authors of the The 
          Incident Object Description Exchange Format draft-ietf-inch-
          iodef-14.txt, recently accepted for RFC publication. This 
          Thraud draft is a profile of the IODEF specification. In 
          addition, this specification has also been reviewed by members 
          of an FSTC project that is working on the same issue from the 
          perspective of the banking and financial servicies industry.

Document Quality

             Although there are no existing implementations that we are 
             aware of, Entrust has stated plans to support this in their 
             Open Fraud Intelligence Network (OFIN).

             Roman Danyliew (one of the authors of the IODEF
specification, 
             upon which this document is based) provided a thorough review

             of this document. His comments and questions resulted in 
             significant clarifications as well as technical improvements
             to this document. At this time, the document has addressed
all 
             issues raised by all reviewers, to their satisfaction.

Personnel

   The Document Shepherd is Sharon Boeyen.  Tim Polk reviewed
   the document for the IESG.

RFC Editor Note

Please make the following substitutions in section 10.1., Media sub-type 
        
OLD        
       Optional parameters: same as the charset parameter of 
       application/xml as specified in [RFC3023]. 
NEW      
       Optional parameters: 'charset': same as the charset 
       parameter of application/xml as specified in [RFC3023].

OLD
       Security considerations: this registration has all of the 
       security considerations described in [RFC3023] in addition to 
       those in section 9, above. 

       Interoperability considerations: this registration has all of 
       the interoperability considerations described in [RFC3023]. 

       Published specification: the media type data format is defined
       in this specification.
NEW
       Security considerations: in addition to the security
       considerations described in section 9, this registration has
       all of the security considerations described in [RFC3023].

       Interoperability considerations: None beyond the 
       interoperability considerations described in [RFC3023]. 
        
       Published specification: the media type data format is defined 
       in RFC XXXX (this specification). 

OLD        
       Person and email address to contact for further information: D 
       M'Raihi, [email-masked] 

       Intended usage - LIMITED USAGE
NEW
       Person and email address to contact for further information:  
       "D M'Raihi <[email-masked]>" 

       Intended usage: LIMITED USE    

OLD
       Change controller: D M'Raihi 
NEW
       Change controller: the IESG

In Appendix B, please make the following two substitutions:

OLD

       <IODEF-Document xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:iodef-1.0" 
       xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" 
       xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:iodef-1.0"
       lang="en">

NEW

       <IODEF-Document xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:iodef-1.0" 
       xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" 
       xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:iodef-1.0"
       lang="en">

OLD

       <FraudEventTransfer xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:thraud-
       1.0" xmlns:iodef="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:iodef-1.0" 
       xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" 
       xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:thraud-1.0  
       http://www.openauthentication.org/thraud/Schema1-0.xsd">

NEW

       <FraudEventTransfer xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:thraud-
       1.0" xmlns:iodef="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:iodef-1.0" 
       xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" 
       xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:thraud-1.0">