Subject: Second Last Call: draft-ietf-keyprov-pskc (Portable Symmetric Key Container (PSKC)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 14:49:58 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has received a request from the Provisioning of Symmetric Keys 
WG (keyprov) to consider the following document:

- 'Portable Symmetric Key Container (PSKC) '
   <draft-ietf-keyprov-pskc-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This is a second Last Call and is intended to confirm community
support for publication with respect to two specific issues:

(1) As a result of IESG evaluation, an informative reference to RFC 4226,
"HOTP: An HMAC-Based One-Time Password Algorithm", was changed
to a normative reference.  RFC 4226 is an Informational RFC; the IESG
would like to determine whether the community believes RFC 4226 is
sufficiently mature for a normative downref.

(2) IPR notice #332 may apply to this document, but is not explicitly
linked to this draft.  Since this was not highlighted in the Last Call,
the IESG would like to determine whether this affects community 
consensus.  For additional information, see:

      https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/332/

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2010-06-09. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-keyprov-pskc-06.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=18112&rfc_flag=0