Subject: RFC 5869 on HMAC-based Extract-and-Expand Key Derivation Function (HKDF)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 17:53:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5869

        Title:      HMAC-based Extract-and-Expand Key Derivation Function 
                    (HKDF) 
        Author:     H. Krawczyk, P. Eronen
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 25854
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-krawczyk-hkdf-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5869.txt

This document specifies a simple Hashed Message Authentication Code
(HMAC)-based key derivation function (HKDF), which can be used as a
building block in various protocols and applications.  The key
derivation function (KDF) is intended to support a wide range of
applications and requirements, and is conservative in its use of
cryptographic hash functions.  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational 
purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC