Subject: RFC 5808 on Requirements for a Location-by-Reference Mechanism

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 12:28:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5808

        Title:      Requirements for a Location-by-Reference Mechanism 
        Author:     R. Marshall, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 32475
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-geopriv-lbyr-requirements-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5808.txt

This document defines terminology and provides requirements relating to
the Location-by-Reference approach using a location Uniform Resource
Identifier (URI) to handle location information within signaling and other
Internet messaging.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC