Subject: Protocol Action: 'Using POST to add Members to Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) Collections' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 10:17:14 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Using POST to add Members to Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning 
   (WebDAV) Collections '
   <draft-reschke-webdav-post-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Alexey Melnikov.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reschke-webdav-post-08.txt

Technical Summary

   The WebDAV "Add Member" extension adds the ability for a client to
   create a resource on a server by using a POST request on the
   collection that is to contain the resource. This avoids the need for
   the client to choose a resource name for the new resource.

Working Group Summary

   This is not a WG document. However discussion has taken place on the
   WebDAV mailing list over the time the document has evolved. Additional
   interested groups (CardDAV and CalDAV) have been cc'd on discussions
   as needed.

Document Quality

   Several implementations of this specification are eager to implement
   the specification (mostly calendar/vcard related).

Personnel

   Cyrus Daboo is the Document Shepherd. Alexey Melnikov is the 
   Responsible Area Director.