Subject: RFC 5874 on An Extensible Markup Language (XML) Document Format for Indicating a Change in XML Configuration Access Protocol (XCAP) Resources

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 17:53:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5874

        Title:      An Extensible Markup Language (XML) 
                    Document Format for Indicating a Change 
                    in XML Configuration Access Protocol (XCAP) 
                    Resources 
        Author:     J. Rosenberg, J. Urpalainen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2010
        Mailbox:    jdrosen.net, 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 49509
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-simple-xcap-diff-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5874.txt

This specification defines a document format that can be used to
indicate that a change has occurred in a document managed by the
Extensible Markup Language (XML) Configuration Access Protocol
(XCAP).  This format reports which document has changed and its
former and new entity tags.  It can report the differences between
versions of the document, using an XML patch format.  It can report
existing element and attribute content when versions of an XCAP
server document change.  XCAP diff documents can be delivered to diff
clients using a number of means, including a Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) event package.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC