Subject: 2010 Postel Award Deadline

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 11:36:53 -0700 (PDT)

Postel Service Award deadline is May 28 

Nominations for the 2010 Jonathan B. Postel Service Award are due by 28
May.
The Internet Society presents this annual award to an individual or
organization that has made outstanding contributions in service to the
Internet community. This year the award will be presented during the 78th
Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) meeting in Maastricht, Netherlands,
25-30 July. The award includes a presentation crystal and a prize of USD
20,000.  

The award recognizes sustained and substantial technical contributions,
service to the community, and leadership. With respect to leadership, the
nominations committee places particular emphasis on candidates who have
supported and enabled others in addition to their own specific actions. 

More information about the award, the nomination procedure, and about Jon
Postel's life and contributions is available here:
http://www.isoc.org/postel/. 

For the Internet Society 

Ray Pelletier 
IAD