Subject: Re: Informational RFC to be: draft-sharikov-idn-reg-05.txt

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 10:23:23 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'Internationalized Domain
Names Registration and Administration Guideline for European languages
using Cyrillic' <draft-sharikov-idn-reg-05.txt> as an Informational RFC.

The IESG would also like the RFC-Editor to review the comments in 
the datatracker 
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=18765&rfc_flag=0)
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit 
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot 
and the comment log. 

The IESG contact person is Alexey Melnikov.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sharikov-idn-reg-05.txt

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html.

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   This document is a guideline for Registries and Registrars on
   registering internationalized domain names (IDNs) based on (in
   alphabetical order) Bosnian, Bulgarian, Byelorussian, Kildin Sami,
   Macedonian, Montenegrin, Russian, Serbian, and Ukrainian languages in
   a DNS zone.  For completeness of the "European" languages, it also
   discusses the additional characters needed for Moldovan when it is
   written in Cyrillic script.  It describes appropriate characters for
   registration and variant considerations for characters from Greek and
   Latin scripts with similar appearances and/or derivations.

Working Group Summary

   This document is not the result of any IETF Working Group,
   it is an independent submission to the RFC Editor.

Document Quality
   Alexey Melnikov has reviewed this specification for conflict with
   IETF work and for comflict with IETF processes as specified in
   RFC 5742.

Personnel

   Alexey Melnikov is the Responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

   The IESG believes that this work doesn't conflict with any work
   done in IETF, so it has no note to insert into this document,
   and no objection to its publication.