Subject: RFC 5865 on A Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) for Capacity-Admitted Traffic

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 12:28:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5865

        Title:      A Differentiated Services Code Point 
                    (DSCP) for Capacity-Admitted Traffic 
        Author:     F. Baker, J. Polk,
                    M. Dolly
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 33167
        Updates:    RFC4542, RFC4594

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-admitted-realtime-dscp-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5865.txt

This document requests one Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) from 
the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) for a class of real-time
traffic.  This traffic class conforms to the Expedited Forwarding Per-Hop
Behavior.  This traffic is also admitted by the network using a Call 
Admission Control (CAC) procedure involving authentication, authorization, 
and capacity admission.  This differs from a real-time traffic class that 
conforms to the Expedited Forwarding Per-Hop Behavior but is not subject 
to capacity admission or subject to very coarse capacity admission.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC