Subject: Last Call: rfc5652 (Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)) to Full Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 07:46:02 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has received a request from the smime WG (smime) to consider the 
following document:

- 'Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) '
  RFC 5652 as a Full Standard

This specification contains normative down references to Proposed
Standards RFCs 5280 and 3281.  The community previously reviewed
these downrefs when CMS (then RFC 3852) was Last Called for publication
as Draft Standard.  The IESG would like to confirm that the community is
still comfortable with the maturity of these specifications when
referenced by a Full Standard.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2010-06-10. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc5652.txt

Implementation Report can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/iesg/implementation.html

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=5652&rfc_flag=1