Subject: Protocol Action: 'RTP Payload format for GSM-HR' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 11:32:48 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'RTP Payload format for GSM-HR '
   <draft-ietf-avt-rtp-gsm-hr-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Robert Sparks and Gonzalo Camarillo.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-gsm-hr-03.txt

Technical Summary

This document specifies the payload format for packetization of the
GSM Half-Rate speech codec data into the Real-time Transport Protocol
(RTP).  The payload format supports transmission of multiple frames
per payload and packet loss robustness methods using redundancy.

Working Group Summary

No major issues were raised during the document's progress through the
Working Group.

Document Quality

3GPP specifications will refer to this document when published as an RFC.
It is probable that implementations already exist.

This work was initiated by one set of authors (Rocky Wang and Ying
Zhang), who ended up giving way to the authors of the present document and
cooperating with them.

The request for media type review was posted by Roni Even on 06/12/2009.

RFC-Editor Note
  
  Please replace all instances of RFCXXXX with the assigned RFC 
  designator for this document
  
  Please move the text "The media subtype name contains "-08" to avoid 
  potential conflict with any earlier drafts of GSM-HR RTP payload types 
  that aren't bit compatible." from the first paragraph of 7.1 into the 
  (currently empty) Interoperability Considerations segment of that same
  section.
  
  Sec 3: r/network provides with mobile/network provides mobile
  
  Sec 3: r/is one of the speech codecs that are used in/is one of 
         the speech codecs used in
  
IANA Note 

  Please replace all instances of RFCXXXX with the assigned RFC
  designator for this document

  Please note the change to section 7.1 indicated in the RFC Editor note.