Subject: RFC 5871 on IANA Allocation Guidelines for the IPv6 Routing Header

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 12:28:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5871

        Title:      IANA Allocation Guidelines for the 
                    IPv6 Routing Header 
        Author:     J. Arkko, S. Bradner
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      3
        Characters: 4000
        Updates:    RFC2460

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6man-iana-routing-header-00.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5871.txt

This document specifies the IANA guidelines for allocating new values
for the Routing Type field in the IPv6 Routing Header.  [STANDARDS 
TRACK]

This document is a product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC