Subject: RFC 5780 on NAT Behavior Discovery Using Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 16:46:51 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5780

        Title:      NAT Behavior Discovery Using Session 
                    Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) 
        Author:     D. MacDonald, B. Lowekamp
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 67835
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-behave-nat-behavior-discovery-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5780.txt

This specification defines an experimental usage of the Session
Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) Protocol that discovers the
presence and current behavior of NATs and firewalls between the STUN
client and the STUN server.  This document defines an Experimental 
Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC