Subject: RFC 5848 on Signed Syslog Messages

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 12:28:14 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5848

        Title:      Signed Syslog Messages 
        Author:     J. Kelsey, J. Callas,
                    A. Clemm
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      40
        Characters: 102805
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-syslog-sign-29.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5848.txt

This document describes a mechanism to add origin authentication,
message integrity, replay resistance, message sequencing, and
detection of missing messages to the transmitted syslog messages.
This specification is intended to be used in conjunction with the
work defined in RFC 5424, "The Syslog Protocol".  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Security Issues in Network Event Logging Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC