Subject: RFC 5861 on HTTP Cache-Control Extensions for Stale Content

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 17:52:22 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5861

        Title:      HTTP Cache-Control Extensions for Stale 
                    Content 
        Author:     M. Nottingham
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       May 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 10359
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-nottingham-http-stale-controls-00.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5861.txt

This document defines two independent HTTP Cache-Control extensions
that allow control over the use of stale responses by caches.  This 
document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC