Subject: RFC 5878 on Transport Layer Security (TLS) Authorization Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 17:52:59 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5878

        Title:      Transport Layer Security (TLS) Authorization 
                    Extensions 
        Author:     M. Brown, R. Housley
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 44594
        Updates:    RFC5246

        I-D Tag:    draft-housley-tls-authz-extns-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5878.txt

This document specifies authorization extensions to the Transport
Layer Security (TLS) Handshake Protocol.  Extensions are carried in the
client and server hello messages to confirm that both parties support
the desired authorization data types.  Then, if supported by both the
client and the server, authorization information, such as attribute
certificates (ACs) or Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) 
assertions, is exchanged in the supplemental data handshake message.
This document defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet
community.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC