Subject: RFC 5887 on Renumbering Still Needs Work

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 11:26:47 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5887

        Title:      Renumbering Still Needs Work 
        Author:     B. Carpenter, R. Atkinson,
                    H. Flinck
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 87131
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-carpenter-renum-needs-work-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5887.txt

This document reviews the existing mechanisms for site renumbering
for both IPv4 and IPv6, and it identifies operational issues with
those mechanisms.  It also summarises current technical proposals for
additional mechanisms.  Finally, there is a gap analysis identifying
possible areas for future work.  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational 
purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC