Subject: BCP 155, RFC 5855 on Nameservers for IPv4 and IPv6 Reverse Zones

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 08:33:07 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 155        
        RFC 5855

        Title:      Nameservers for IPv4 and IPv6 
                    Reverse Zones 
        Author:     J. Abley, T. Manderson
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 23027
        See Also:   BCP 155

        I-D Tag:    draft-jabley-reverse-servers-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5855.txt

This document specifies a stable naming scheme for the nameservers
that serve the zones IN-ADDR.ARPA and IP6.ARPA in the DNS.  These
zones contain data that facilitate reverse mapping (address to
name).  This memo documents an Internet Best Current Practice.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC