Subject: IETF Nomination Committee Chair - 2010 - 2011

From: "Lynn St.Amour" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 22:23:41 -0400

To the IETF community,

One of the roles of the Internet Society (ISOC) President is to  
appoint the IETF Nominations Committee chair.   This is done through  
consultation with members of the IETF community.

It gives me great pleasure to announce that Thomas Walsh has agreed to  
serve as the 2010 - 2011 IETF Nominations Committee chair.

A Call for Nominations for this committee will be sent shortly to the  
IETF Announcement list.   The NomCom process is an important  
undertaking for the IETF, so please consider volunteering for the  
Committee.   In addition, a list of the open IESG, IAB, and IAOC seats  
will be published and you are also asked to give serious consideration  
as to possible candidates for these positions.   In the interim, feel  
free to make your suggestions known to Tom, who will share them with  
the committee when it is seated.

Thank you in advance for your support and a sincere thank you to Tom  
for agreeing to take on this responsibility.   The NomCom process is  
vital to the IETF's success, and it is important that it have  broad  
participation and the support of the IETF community, so please  
consider participating.

Tom can be reached at [email-masked].

Regards,

Lynn St. Amour

President & CEO
Internet Society (ISOC)