Subject: Document Action: 'Security Framework for MPLS and GMPLS Networks'

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 06:49:03 -0700 (PDT)

to Informational RFC

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Security Framework for MPLS and GMPLS Networks '
   <draft-ietf-mpls-mpls-and-gmpls-security-framework-09.txt> as an
Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group. 

The IESG contact persons is Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-mpls-and-gmpls-security-framework-09.txt

Technical Summary

  This document provides a security framework for Multiprotocol Label
  Switching (MPLS) and Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching
  (GMPLS) Networks. This document addresses the security aspects
  that are relevant in the context of MPLS and GMPLS. It describes
  the security threats, the related defensive techniques, and the
  mechanisms for detection and reporting. This document emphasizes
  RSVP-TE and LDP security considerations, as well as Inter-AS and
  Inter-provider security considerations for building and maintaining
  MPLS and GMPLS networks across different domains or different
  Service Providers.

Working Group Summary

  Nothing worth noting in the WG process. Good consensus.

Document Quality

  This is an informational framework.
  The Document is now widely referenced by other documents.
  The document has been well reviewed in the MPLS and CCAMP WGs.
  It has also received a substantial (earlyish) SecDir review and
  been updated
  The document was gen-Art reviewed.

Personnel

  Martin Vigoureux is the Document Shepherd
  Tim Polk is the responsible Area Director

RFC Editor Note

   RFC Editor: please note that this Informational document went
   through IETF Last Call and so has IETF consensus. Please add the 
   appropriate boilerplate.

   RFC Editor: please check with the sponsoring AD to ensure that
   a final copyright issue is resolved in AUTH48.