Subject: Protocol Action: 'Ethernet Traffic Parameters' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 07:39:44 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Ethernet Traffic Parameters '
   <draft-ietf-ccamp-ethernet-traffic-parameters-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-ethernet-traffic-parameters-10.txt

Technical Summary

   This document describes the support of Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF)
   Ethernet Traffic Parameters as described in MEF10.1 when using
   Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Resource
   ReSerVation Protocol - Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) signaling.

Working Group Summary

   Nothing to report.

Document Quality

   There are no known implementations, but it is expected that several
   vendors plan to implement.

Personnel

   Deborah Brungard ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
   Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD

RFC Editor Note

   RFC Editor - we suggest that you treat this I-D as part of a cluster
   including the following five documents.

   draft-ietf-ccamp-ethernet-traffic-parameters
   draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-dcsc-channel-ext
   draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ether-svcs
   draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mef-uni
   draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mln-extensions

---

Section 4 - Switching Granularity
OLD
  Values 0 through 239, and 255 are assigned by IANA via IETF
  Standards Action. Value 255 is reserved by the present document.
NEW
  Values 0 to 2 are specified by the present document. Values 3
  through 239 are to be assigned by IANA via Standards Action 
  [RFC5226]. Value 255 is reserved by the present document (its
  Length is to be determined by the RFC that will specify it). 

---

Section 4 - TLV (Type-Length-Value)
OLD
   Type: 16 bits 
        
   Defined values are: 
        
   Type     Length   Format            Description 
   ------------------------------------------------------  
     0       TBD     Reserved          Reserved value 
     1       TBD     Reserved          Reserved value 
     2        24     see Section 3.1   Ethernet Bandwidth 
                                       Profile [MEF10.1] 
     3         8     [GMPLS-ESVCS]     Layer 2 Control 
                                       Processing (L2CP) 
   255       TBD     Reserved          Reserved value 

  Values 0 through 239, and 255 are assigned by IANA via IETF  
  Standards Action. Values 0 and 255 are reserved by the present
  document.
NEW
   Type: 16 bits 
        
   Defined values are: 
        
   Type     Length   Format            Description 
   ------------------------------------------------------  
     0         -     Reserved          Reserved value 
     1         -     Reserved          Reserved value 
     2        24     see Section 3.1   Ethernet Bandwidth 
                                       Profile [MEF10.1] 
     3         8     [GMPLS-ESVCS]     Layer 2 Control 
                                       Processing (L2CP) 
   255         -     Reserved          Reserved value 

  Values 0, 1, and 255 are reserved by the present document.
  Values 2, and 3 are specified by the present document.
 
  Values 4 through 239 are to be assigned by IANA via Standards Action 
  [RFC5226].

---

Section 4.1
OLD
    The Flag 2 (CM) indicates whether the color-aware or color- 
    blind property is employed by the bandwidth profile. When Flag  
    2 is set to value 0 (1), the bandwidth profile algorithm is  
    said to be in color blind (color aware) mode. 
NEW
    The Flag 2 (CM) indicates whether the color-aware or color- 
    blind property [MEF10.2] is employed by the bandwidth profile.
    When Flag 2 is set to value 0 (1), the bandwidth profile
    algorithm is said to be in color blind (color aware) mode. 

---

Section 8
OLD
       This document introduces no new security considerations to either 
       [RFC3473]. 
NEW
       This document introduces no new security considerations to 
       [RFC3473].

---

Sections 11.1 and 11.2

Move from 11.2 to 11.1 (i.e. become a normative reference)

  [MEF10.1]  The MEF Technical Specification, "Ethernet Services 
             Attributes Phase 2", MEF 10.1, November 2006. 
 
---

Section 11.2
ADD
  [MEF10.2]  The MEF Technical Specification, "Ethernet Services 
             Attributes Phase 2", MEF 10.2, October 2009.