Subject: Protocol Action: 'Subject Key Identifier (SKI) SEND Name Type fields.' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 13:42:34 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Subject Key Identifier (SKI) SEND Name Type fields. '
   <draft-ietf-csi-send-name-type-registry-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Cga & Send maIntenance Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-csi-send-name-type-registry-06.txt

Technical Summary

   SEcure Neighbor Discovery (SEND) defines the Name Type field in the
   Trust Anchor option. This document requests to IANA the creation
   and management of a registry for this field. This document also
   specifies a new Name Type field based on a certificate Subject Key
   Identifier (SKI). Working Group Summary 

Working Group Summary

   Nothing special that worth noting. Not a controversial document. 

Document Quality

   The document is the creation of a registry that was missing on
   RFC3971. The need for it was identified as part of the work on SEND
   cert profiles. 

Personnel

Marcelo Bagnulo ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd.   
Ralph Droms ([email-masked]) is the responsible AD.