Subject: Protocol Action: 'A Dedicated Routing Policy Specification Language Interface Identifier for Operational Testing' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 09:33:59 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'A Dedicated Routing Policy Specification Language Interface Identifier 
   for Operational Testing '
   <draft-haberman-rpsl-reachable-test-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-haberman-rpsl-reachable-test-04.txt

Technical Summary

The deployment of new IP connectivity typically results in intermittent
reachability for numerous reasons which are outside the scope of this
document.  In order to aid in the debugging of these persistent problems,
this document proposes the creation of a new Routing Policy Specification
Language attribute that allows a network to advertise an IP address which
is reachable and can be used as a target for diagnostic tests (e.g.,
pings).

Working Group Summary

This document was not produced by a WG

Document Quality

This is a fairly simple draft. It has been reviewed by individuals who
understand RPSL.

Personnel

Ron Bonica is the sponsoring AD