Subject: RFC 5859 on TFTP Server Address Option for DHCPv4

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 15:55:29 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5859

        Title:      TFTP Server Address Option for 
                    DHCPv4 
        Author:     R. Johnson
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11656
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-raj-dhc-tftp-addr-option-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5859.txt

This memo documents existing usage for the "TFTP Server Address"
option.  The option number currently in use is 150.  This memo
documents the current usage of the option in agreement with RFC 3942,
which declares that any pre-existing usages of option numbers in the
range 128-223 should be documented, and the Dynamic Host
Configuration working group will try to officially assign those
numbers to those options.  The option is defined for DHCPv4 and works
only with IPv4 addresses.  This document is not an Internet Standards 
Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC