Subject: Protocol Action: 'Cryptographic Algorithm Identifier Allocation for DNSSEC' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 07:16:50 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Cryptographic Algorithm Identifier Allocation for DNSSEC '
   <draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-alg-allocation-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the DNS Extensions Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-alg-allocation-03.txt

Technical Summary

   This document alters the requirements for DNSSEC algorithm
   identifiers from "standards action" to "RFC required".

Working Group Summary

   The DNS Extensions Working Group reviewed the document. There was
   considerable discussion at the time of adoption, but almost
   exclusively support at the time of WGLC. Some LC comments resulted
   in a substantive change, which was to reserve a portion of the
   registry so as to avoid exhaustion.

Document Quality

   The change suggested during WGLC ensures that the IANA
   registry will not be exhausted because nobody thought to
   revisit these procedures if the assumption about infrequent
   addition of algorithms turns out to be false.

Personnel

   Andrew Sullivan ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd.  Ralph
   Droms ([email-masked]) is the responsible AD.

RFC Editor Note

  Please coordinate with IANA on the best URL and method for naming
  the registry/sub-registry referenced in "IANA Considerations" and
  in Peter Saint-Andre's Comment.

IANA Note

  Please coordinate with the RFC Editor on the best URL and method
  for naming the registry/sub-registry referenced in "IANA
  Considerations" and in Peter Saint-Andre's Comment.