Subject: RFC 5924 on Extended Key Usage (EKU) for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) X.509 Certificates

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 13:12:31 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5924

        Title:      Extended Key Usage (EKU) for 
                    Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) X.509 Certificates 
        Author:     S. Lawrence, V. Gurbani
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 16868
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sip-eku-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5924.txt

This memo documents an extended key usage (EKU) X.509 certificate
extension for restricting the applicability of a certificate to use
with a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) service.  As such, in
addition to providing rules for SIP implementations, this memo also
provides guidance to issuers of certificates for use with SIP. 
This document defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet
community.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC