Subject: RFC 5880 on Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 12:38:44 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5880

        Title:      Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) 
        Author:     D. Katz, D. Ward
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      49
        Characters: 110279
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bfd-base-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5880.txt

This document describes a protocol intended to detect faults in the
bidirectional path between two forwarding engines, including
interfaces, data link(s), and to the extent possible the forwarding
engines themselves, with potentially very low latency.  It operates
independently of media, data protocols, and routing protocols.
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Bidirectional Forwarding Detection Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC