Subject: RFC 5926 on Cryptographic Algorithms for the TCP Authentication Option (TCP-AO)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 15:58:31 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5926

        Title:      Cryptographic Algorithms for the TCP 
                    Authentication Option (TCP-AO) 
        Author:     G. Lebovitz, E. Rescorla
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 31010
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-ao-crypto-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5926.txt

The TCP Authentication Option (TCP-AO) relies on security algorithms
to provide authentication between two end-points.  There are many
such algorithms available, and two TCP-AO systems cannot interoperate
unless they are using the same algorithms.  This document specifies
the algorithms and attributes that can be used in TCP-AO's current
manual keying mechanism and provides the interface for future message
authentication codes (MACs).  [STANDARD TRACK]

This document is a product of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC