Subject: Protocol Action: 'Common YANG Data Types' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 09:18:01 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Common YANG Data Types '
   <draft-ietf-netmod-yang-types-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the NETCONF Data Modeling Language Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netmod-yang-types-09.txt

Technical Summary

  YANG is a data modeling language used to model
  configuration and state data manipulated by the NETCONF
  protocol.  The YANG language supports a small set of
  built-in data types and provides mechanisms to derive
  other types from the built-in types.

  This document introduces a collection of common data
  types derived from the built-in YANG data types.  The
  definitions are organized in several YANG modules.  The
  "ietf-yang-types" module contains generally useful data
  types.  The "ietf-inet-types" module contains
  definitions that are relevant for the Internet protocol
  suite.

Working Group Summary

  Consensus was reached among all interested parties before
  requesting the publication of this document.

Document Quality

  There are multiple independent implementations of YANG today, both 
  commercial and freely-available code and verification tools.

Personnel

  David Partain is the document shepherd. Dan Romascanu is the 
  responsible AD. 

RFC Editor Note

Section 3., paragraph 45:
OLD:

    typedef date-and-time {
      type string {
        pattern '\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}T\d{2}:\d{2}:\d{2}(\.\d+)?'
              + '(Z|[\+|-]\d{2}:\d{2})';
      }
      description
       "The date-and-time type is a profile of the ISO 8601
        standard for representation of dates and times using the
        Gregorian calendar. The profile is defined by the
        date-time production in section 5.6 of RFC 3339.

NEW:

    typedef date-and-time {
      type string {
        pattern '\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}T\d{2}:\d{2}:\d{2}(\.\d+)?'
              + '(Z|[\+\-]\d{2}:\d{2})';
      }
      description
       "The date-and-time type is a profile of the ISO 8601
        standard for representation of dates and times using the
        Gregorian calendar. The profile is defined by the
        date-time production in section 5.6 of RFC 3339.