Subject: RFC 5870 on A Uniform Resource Identifier for Geographic Locations ('geo' URI)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 19:51:17 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5870

        Title:      A Uniform Resource Identifier for 
                    Geographic Locations ('geo' URI) 
        Author:     A. Mayrhofer, C. Spanring
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 45943
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-geopriv-geo-uri-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5870.txt

This document specifies a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) for
geographic locations using the 'geo' scheme name.  A 'geo' URI
identifies a physical location in a two- or three-dimensional
coordinate reference system in a compact, simple, human-readable, and
protocol-independent way.  The default coordinate reference system
used is the World Geodetic System 1984 (WGS-84).  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC