Subject: RFC 5907 on Definitions of Managed Objects for Network Time Protocol Version 4 (NTPv4)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 15:57:51 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5907

        Title:      Definitions of Managed Objects for 
                    Network Time Protocol Version 4 (NTPv4) 
        Author:     H. Gerstung, C. Elliott,
                    B. Haberman, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 46950
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-mib-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5907.txt

The Network Time Protocol (NTP) is used in networks of all types and
sizes for time synchronization of servers, workstations, and other
networked equipment.  As time synchronization is more and more a
mission-critical service, standardized means for monitoring and
management of this subsystem of a networked host are required to
allow operators of such a service to set up a monitoring system that
is platform- and vendor-independent.  This document provides a
standardized collection of data objects for monitoring the NTP entity
of such a network participant and it is part of the NTP version 4
standardization effort.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Network Time Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC