Subject: RFC 5854 on The Metalink Download Description Format

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 12:38:32 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5854

        Title:      The Metalink Download Description Format 
        Author:     A. Bryan, T. Tsujikawa,
                    N. McNab, P. Poeml
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      39
        Characters: 72641
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-bryan-metalink-28.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5854.txt

This document specifies Metalink, an XML-based download description
format.  Metalink describes download locations (mirrors),
cryptographic hashes, and other information.  Clients can
transparently use this information to reliably transfer files.
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC