Subject: RFC 5888 on The Session Description Protocol (SDP) Grouping Framework

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 16:24:28 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5888

        Title:      The Session Description Protocol (SDP) 
                    Grouping Framework 
        Author:     G. Camarillo, H. Schulzrinne
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 43924
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc3388bis-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5888.txt

In this specification, we define a framework to group "m" lines in
the Session Description Protocol (SDP) for different purposes.  This
framework uses the "group" and "mid" SDP attributes, both of which
are defined in this specification.  Additionally, we specify how to
use the framework for two different purposes: for lip synchronization
and for receiving a media flow consisting of several media streams on
different transport addresses.  This document obsoletes RFC 3388.
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC