Subject: RFC 5903 on Elliptic Curve Groups modulo a Prime (ECP Groups) for IKE and IKEv2

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 16:24:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5903

        Title:      Elliptic Curve Groups modulo a 
                    Prime (ECP Groups) for IKE and 
                    IKEv2 
        Author:     D. Fu, J. Solinas
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 29175
        Obsoletes:  RFC4753

        I-D Tag:    draft-solinas-rfc4753bis-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5903.txt

This document describes three Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) groups
for use in the Internet Key Exchange (IKE) and Internet Key Exchange
version 2 (IKEv2) protocols in addition to previously defined groups.
These groups are based on modular arithmetic rather than binary
arithmetic.  These groups are defined to align IKE and IKEv2 with
other ECC implementations and standards, particularly NIST standards.
In addition, the curves defined here can provide more efficient
implementation than previously defined ECC groups.  This document
obsoletes RFC 4753.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC