Subject: Protocol Action: 'Teredo Security Updates' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 11:35:22 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Teredo Security Updates '
   <draft-krishnan-v6ops-teredo-update-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-krishnan-v6ops-teredo-update-10.txt

Technical Summary

   This document updates the Teredo specification with regards to
   the address format, to reduce a minor security vulnerability.

Working Group Summary

   The document has been through the V6OPS discussions and a WGLC,
   despite not being officially a work item.

Document Quality

   There is an implementation of these changes in Windows Vista.

Personnel

   There is no document shepherd. The responsible Area Director
   is Jari Arkko.

RFC Editor Note

  Please add "This document updates RFC 4380." to the end of the first
  paragraph in Section 1.

  Please change s/need to be constructed/MUST be constructed/
  in Section 4.