Subject: RFC 5922 on Domain Certificates in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 13:12:05 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5922

        Title:      Domain Certificates in the Session 
                    Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     V. Gurbani, S. Lawrence,
                    A. Jeffrey
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 37667
        Updates:    RFC3261

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sip-domain-certs-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5922.txt

This document describes how to construct and interpret certain
information in a PKIX-compliant (Public Key Infrastructure using
X.509) certificate for use in a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
over Transport Layer Security (TLS) connection.  More specifically,
this document describes how to encode and extract the identity of a
SIP domain in a certificate and how to use that identity for SIP
domain authentication.  As such, this document is relevant both to
implementors of SIP and to issuers of certificates.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC