Subject: CORRECTTION Re: Informational RFC to be: draft-meadors-ediint-features-header-07.txt

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 09:52:46 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'EDI-INT Features Header'
<draft-meadors-ediint-features-header-07.txt> as an Informational RFC.

The IESG would also like the IRSG or RFC-Editor to review the comments in
the datatracker 
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=13595&rfc_flag=0)
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit 
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot 
and the comment log. 

The IESG contact person is Alexey Melnikov.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-meadors-ediint-features-header-07.txt

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html.

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

  EDI-INT applications provide for a secure means of payload document
  transport.  The original intent was for transport of a single EDI or
  XML document.  However, as AS1 [RFC3335], AS2 [RFC4130] and AS3
  [RFC4823] matured, other features and application logic were
  implemented upon EDI-INT standards.  Since these features go beyond
  but do not violate the basic premise of EDI-INT, a means is needed to
  communicate to trading partners features which are supported by the
  originating user agent.  The EDIINT Features header indicates the
  capability of the user agent to support the listed feature with its
  trading partner without out- of-band communication and agreement.

Working Group Summary

  This document is not the result of any IETF Working Group,
  it is an independent submission to the RFC Editor.

Document Quality
  Alexey Melnikov has reviewed this specification for conflict with
  IETF work and for comflict with IETF processes as specified in
  RFC 5742.

Personnel

  Alexey Melnikov is the Responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

  The IESG believes that this work doesn't conflict with any work
  done in IETF, so it has no note to insert into this document,
  and no objection to its publication.

  Note that the document is currently waiting for new email/web
  header field approval from the designated IANA expert.