Subject: RFC 5911 on New ASN.1 Modules for Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and S/MIME

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 11:37:36 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5911

        Title:      New ASN.1 Modules for Cryptographic 
                    Message Syntax (CMS) and S/MIME 
        Author:     P. Hoffman, J. Schaad
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      59
        Characters: 101576
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-smime-new-asn1-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5911.txt

The Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) format, and many associated
formats, are expressed using ASN.1.  The current ASN.1 modules
conform to the 1988 version of ASN.1.  This document updates those
ASN.1 modules to conform to the 2002 version of ASN.1.  There are no
bits-on-the-wire changes to any of the formats; this is simply a
change to the syntax.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC