Subject: Protocol Action: 'YANG Module for NETCONF Monitoring' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 11:55:35 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'YANG Module for NETCONF Monitoring '
   <draft-ietf-netconf-monitoring-15.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network Configuration Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netconf-monitoring-15.txt

Technical Summary

   This document defines a NETCONF data model to be used to monitor the
   NETCONF protocol.  The monitoring data model includes information
   about NETCONF datastores, sessions, locks and statistics.  This data
   facilitates the management of a NETCONF server.  This document also
   defines methods for NETCONF clients to discover data models supported
   by a NETCONF server and defines a new NETCONF <get-schema> operation
   to retrieve them.

Working Group Summary

   This document has been longly discussed in the Working Group, 
   including several WG Last Calls. The comments and reviews helped
   to improve the document a lot and the current version reflects the 
   consensus of the Working Group. 
   After a long debate the WG decided to use the YANG modeling 
   language to model the NETCONF Monitoring Data Model. This makes 
   this document dependent on the YANG modeling language.

   The document has had adequate review from working group and 
   non-working group members, mostly from NETCONF and NETMOD WGs.  
   There is strong consensus to publish this document.

Document Quality

   NETCONF and YANG are currently implemented by a number of vendors. 
   YANG experts from NETMOD WG reviewed the YANG data module
   and validated with available YANG validation tools.

Personnel

   Mehmet Ersue is the Document Shepherd. Dan Romascanu is the 
   Responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

Please make the following change in section 5, page 21:

 OLD:
 
                leaf-list select {
                  type string;
                  min-elements 1;
 
 NEW:
 
                leaf-list select {
                  type yang:xpath1.0;
                  min-elements 1;