Subject: RFC 5803 on Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) Schema for Storing Salted Challenge Response Authentication Mechanism (SCRAM) Secrets

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 21:25:07 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5803

        Title:      Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) 
                    Schema for Storing Salted Challenge Response 
                    Authentication Mechanism (SCRAM) Secrets 
        Author:     A. Melnikov
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 8195
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-melnikov-sasl-scram-ldap-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5803.txt

This memo describes how the "authPassword" Lightweight Directory
Access Protocol (LDAP) attribute can be used for storing secrets used
by the Salted Challenge Response Authentication Message (SCRAM)
mechanism in the Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL)
framework.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC