Subject: RFC 5957 on Display-Based Address Sorting for the IMAP4 SORT Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 02:15:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5957

        Title:      Display-Based Address Sorting for the 
                    IMAP4 SORT Extension 
        Author:     D. Karp
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 8709
        Updates:    RFC5256

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-morg-sortdisplay-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5957.txt

This document describes an IMAP protocol extension enabling server-
side message sorting on the commonly displayed portion of the From
and To header fields.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Message Organization Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC