Subject: RFC 5804 on A Protocol for Remotely Managing Sieve Scripts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 21:25:17 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5804

        Title:      A Protocol for Remotely Managing 
                    Sieve Scripts 
        Author:     A. Melnikov, Ed.,
                    T. Martin
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      49
        Characters: 103194
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sieve-managesieve-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5804.txt

Sieve scripts allow users to filter incoming email.  Message stores
are commonly sealed servers so users cannot log into them, yet users
must be able to update their scripts on them.  This document describes
a protocol "ManageSieve" for securely managing Sieve scripts on a
remote server.  This protocol allows a user to have multiple scripts,
and also alerts a user to syntactically flawed scripts.  [STANDARDS
TRACK]

This document is a product of the Sieve Mail Filtering Language Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC