Subject: Document Action: 'HIP BONE: Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Based Overlay Networking Environment' to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 09:12:54 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'HIP BONE: Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Based Overlay Networking 
   Environment '
   <draft-ietf-hip-bone-07.txt> as an Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-bone-07.txt

Technical Summary

  This document specifies a framework to build HIP (Host Identity
  Protocol)-based overlay networks.  This framework uses HIP to
  perform connection management.  Other functions, such as data
  storage and retrieval or overlay maintenance, are implemented using
  protocols other than HIP.  These protocols are loosely referred to
  as peer protocols.

Working Group Summary

  There was strong consensus on this document.
 
Document Quality

  There are prototype implementations of this spec. A few vendors have
  expressed interest in implementing this in the context of P2PSIP
  services.

Personnel

  David Ward is the document shepherd for this document. Ralph Droms
  is the responsible AD for this document.Working Group Summary