Subject: RFC 5801 on Using Generic Security Service Application Program Interface (GSS-API) Mechanisms in Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL): The GS2 Mechanism Family

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 21:24:40 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5801

        Title:      Using Generic Security Service Application 
                    Program Interface (GSS-API) Mechanisms in Simple 
                    Authentication and Security Layer (SASL): The 
                    GS2 Mechanism Family 
        Author:     S. Josefsson, N. Williams
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 52543
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sasl-gs2-20.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5801.txt

This document describes how to use a Generic Security Service
Application Program Interface (GSS-API) mechanism in the Simple
Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) framework.  This is done by
defining a new SASL mechanism family, called GS2.  This mechanism
family offers a number of improvements over the previous "SASL/
GSSAPI" mechanism: it is more general, uses fewer messages for the
authentication phase in some cases, and supports negotiable use of
channel binding.  Only GSS-API mechanisms that support channel
binding and mutual authentication are supported.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Simple Authentication and Security Layer Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC