Subject: Protocol Action: 'IPFIX Export per SCTP Stream' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 07:24:35 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IPFIX Export per SCTP Stream '
   <draft-ietf-ipfix-export-per-sctp-stream-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Flow Information Export Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-export-per-sctp-stream-08.txt

Technical Summary

  This document specifies an improvement to the PR-SCTP
  export specified in the IPFIX specifications in RFC5101.
  This method offers several advantages such as the ability to
  calculate Data Record losses for PR-SCTP, immediate export of
  Template Withdrawal Messages, immediate reuse of Template IDs
  within an SCTP stream, and reduced demands on the Collecting
  Process. 

Working Group Summary

  This work was motivated by experiences made with early IPFIX 
  implementations. It was accepted with consensus as WG work item 
  and progressed within the WG. WG last call was conducted in August 
  2008. Modifications based on received comments were applied until
  November 2008. No more issues were brought up since then and
  at the IETF meeting in March 2009 the WG confirmed at the session
  that the document is ready for requesting publication.

Document Quality

  IPFIX is implemented and deployed and this work is based on deployment
  experience. The document underwent several reviews and a WG last call 
  in the IPFIX WG. This way, a high document quality has been achieved
  already.

Personnel

  Juergen Quittek is shepherding this document. Dan Romascanu is the
  responsible Area Director.