Subject: Protocol Action: 'Support for RSVP in Layer 3 VPNs' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 09:37:53 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Support for RSVP in Layer 3 VPNs '
   <draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-l3vpn-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Transport Area Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-l3vpn-07.txt

Technical Summary

  RFC 4364 and RFC 4659 define an approach to building provider-
  provisioned Layer 3 VPNs for IPv4 and IPv6.  It may be desirable to
  use RSVP to perform admission control on the links between CE and PE
  routers.  This document specifies procedures by which RSVP messages
  travelling from CE to CE across an L3VPN may be appropriately handled
  by PE routers so that admission control can be performed on PE-CE
  links.  Optionally, admission control across the provider's backbone
  may also be supported.
 
Working Group Summary

  This document has been last called in both TSVWG and L3VPN. There is
  strong consensus from the RSVP intrested in this document to publish
  it.
 
Document Quality
 
  This document has gotten reviews from key people in TSVWG and L3VPN.   

Personel
 
  Document Shepherd and Responsible AD Magnus Westerlund