Subject: RFC 5929 on Channel Bindings for TLS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 21:25:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5929

        Title:      Channel Bindings for TLS 
        Author:     J. Altman, N. Williams,
                    L. Zhu
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 34061
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-altman-tls-channel-bindings-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5929.txt

This document defines three channel binding types for Transport Layer
Security (TLS), tls-unique, tls-server-end-point, and 
tls-unique-for-telnet, in accordance with RFC 5056 (On Channel Binding).

Note that based on implementation experience, this document changes
the original definition of 'tls-unique' channel binding type in the
channel binding type IANA registry.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC