Subject: RFC 5901 on Extensions to the IODEF-Document Class for Reporting Phishing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 14:04:54 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5901

        Title:      Extensions to the IODEF-Document Class 
                    for Reporting Phishing 
        Author:     P. Cain, D. Jevans
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      51
        Characters: 97325
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-cain-post-inch-phishingextns-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5901.txt

This document extends the Incident Object Description Exchange Format
(IODEF) defined in RFC 5070 to support the reporting of phishing
events, which is a particular type of fraud.  These extensions are
flexible enough to support information gleaned from activities
throughout the entire electronic fraud cycle -- from receipt of the
phishing lure to the disablement of the collection site.  Both simple
reporting and complete forensic reporting are possible, as is
consolidating multiple incidents.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC