Subject: Second Last Call: draft-ietf-tls-rfc4366-bis (Transport Layer Security (TLS) Extensions: Extension Definitions) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 10:21:53 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Layer Security WG 
(tls) to consider the following document:

- 'Transport Layer Security (TLS) Extensions: Extension Definitions '
   <draft-ietf-tls-rfc4366-bis-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The purpose of this Second IETF Last Call is to confirm some changes
made as a result of the first IETF Last Call and subsequent
discussions.  The main issue was handling of the Server name
indications: dealing with multiple names and dealing with session
resumption.  Also a discussion in the security considerations on
why SHA-1 is acceptable for extensions that use it.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2010-07-23. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tls-rfc4366-bis-09.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=16186&rfc_flag=0