Subject: RFC 5902 on IAB Thoughts on IPv6 Network Address Translation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 18:33:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5902

        Title:      IAB Thoughts on IPv6 Network 
                    Address Translation 
        Author:     D. Thaler, L. Zhang,
                    G. Lebovitz
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IAB
        Date:       July 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 37224
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-ipv6-nat-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5902.txt

There has been much recent discussion on the topic of whether the
IETF should develop standards for IPv6 Network Address Translators
(NATs).  This document articulates the architectural issues raised by
IPv6 NATs, the pros and cons of having IPv6 NATs, and provides the
IAB's thoughts on the current open issues and the solution space.
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is 
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC