Subject: Nomcom 2010-2011: Timeline and Selection Seeds

From: NomCom Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 15:16:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

Timeline:
The following is the current timeline for the 2010-11 Nomcom:

   * Nomcom Chair Announcement made: June 2, 2010;
   * First Call for Volunteers issued: June 8, 2010;
   * Second Call for Volunteers issued: June 21, 2010;
   * Third Call for Volunteers issued: June 28, 2010;
   * Announce date of Random Selection and seeds: July 1, 2010;
   * Final Call for volunteers: July 4, 2010;
   * Call for Volunteers closes: July 8, 2010 at 17:00 PDT (24:00 UTC);
   * Announcement of Qualified Volunteers: July 9, 2010;
   * Raise issues on Qualified Volunteers by 1700 PDT: July 13, 2010;
   * Seed values available from seed sources: July 15, 2010;
   * Run random selection algorithm and publish results: July 15, 2010;
   * Start Challenge period:  July 15, 2010;
   * End of challenge period at 1700 PDT (24:00 UTC): July 22, 2010;
   * Final List of Nomcom members published: July 23, 2010;
   * Nomcom 2010-11 self organizes during IETF-78: July 25-30, 2010

NOTE:  This timeline will be updated to address Nomcom activity after
IETF-78 and published as soon as possible.

Seeds:
The set of seed sources that are expected to be used in selecting the
committee members are as follows:

The National Lottery: Daily Play: Thursday, July 15, 2010 Results:
  https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/p/results/dailyplay.ftl
  (7 numbers from 1-27)

US National debt ("Debt Held by the Public"), published by the
Treasury department as of Wednesday, July 14, 2010
(Published on July 15, 2010)
  http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLogin?application=np 
  Last 8 digits, ignore the commas and periods

US National debt ("Intragovernmental Holdings"), published by the
Treasury department as of Wednesday, July 14, 2010
(Published on July 15, 2010)
  http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLogin?application=np 
  Last 8 digits, ignore the commas and periods

Massachusetts Lottery Powerball Drawing: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 Results
(11:20 PM EDT draw on July 14, 2010):
  http://www.masslottery.com/games/lottery/powerball.html
  (5 numbers from 1-59 and 1 Power Ball number from 1-39)

Regards,

Tom Walsh
Chair, Nomcom 2010-2011
Email: [email-masked]
Email: [email-masked]