Subject: Protocol Action: 'Segmented Pseudowire' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 08:50:25 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Segmented Pseudowire'
  <draft-ietf-pwe3-segmented-pw-18.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-segmented-pw/

Technical Summary

   This document describes how to connect pseudowires (PW)
   between two distinct PW control planes or Packet Switched
   Network (PSN) domains. The PW control planes may belong to
   independent autonomous systems, or the PSN technology is
   heterogeneous, or a PW might need to be aggregated at a
   specific PSN point. The PW packet data units are simply
   switched from one PW to another without changing the PW
   payload.

Working Group Summary

   This document is a solutions document to the "Requirements
   for Multi-Segment Pseudowire Emulation Edge-to-Edge (PWE3)"
   (RFC5254). It conforms to "An Architecture for Multi-Segment
   Pseudowire Emulation Edge-to-Edge" draft-ietf-pwe3-ms-pw-
   arch-07.txt

Document Quality

   There are no concerns about protocol quality. There are
   understood to be implementations of this protocol.

Personnel

   Stewart Bryant ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd
   and Ralph Droms ([email-masked]) is the responsible AD.