Subject: RFP: Requirements Development for Working Group Charter Tools

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 11:58:17 -0700 (PDT)

The IETF Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC), on behalf of the IETF,
announces this Request for Proposal to develop the requirements for
Working Group Charter Tools.  The successful bidder will enter into a
contract with the Internet Society.

The primary goal of this project is to develop consensus on a set of
requirements for developing tools to serve the needs of the leadership,
Secretariat, and community regarding working group charter creation,
rechartering, and the closing of working groups.

 A key responsibility of the IESG is the creation, re-chartering, and
  closing of IETF working groups (WGs). Creation and Rechartering of
  WGs is a multi-step process. Currently, virtually all of the tasks
  are performed manually. The web-based tools will support three
  separate user groups and use cases:

   (a) for use by the ADs and other members of the IETF leadership,

   (b) for public use, where the community can view the status of
       working groups that are being created, being rechartered, and
       have been closed, and

   (c) for use by the Secretariat in performing the Secretariat's
       tasks related to these actions.

The RFP can be found at: http://iaoc.ietf.org/rfpsrfis.html.

Proposals must be received via email at [email-masked] no later than
October 11, 2010, 5:00 P.M. EDT. All questions/inquiries must be submitted
in writing and must be received no later than midnight, EDT, September 27,
2010. Responses to questions and inquiries shall be posted on the IAOC
website, iaoc.ietf.org/rfpsrfis.html by midnight, EDT, October 4, 2010.

The point of contact regarding this RFP is the IETF Administrative
Director, Ray Pelletier.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director