Subject: RFC 6017 on Electronic Data Interchange - Internet Integration (EDIINT) Features Header Field

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 16:08:50 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6017

        Title:      Electronic Data Interchange - Internet 
                    Integration (EDIINT) Features Header Field 
        Author:     K. Meadors, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       September 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 8683
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-meadors-ediint-features-header-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6017.txt

With the maturity of the Electronic Data Interchange - Internet
Integration (EDIINT) standards of AS1, AS2, and AS3,
applications and additional features are being built upon the basic
secure transport functionality.  These features are not necessarily
supported by all EDIINT applications and could cause potential
problems with implementations.  The EDIINT-Features header field provides a
means to resolve these problems and support new functionality.  This 
document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published 
for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC