Subject: Introducing the IETF Meeting Wiki

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 07:54:49 -0700

We have created a meetings wiki for the attendees of IETF meetings  
(Your Wiki) to exchange information about such matters as meeting  
venues, activities, specialty restaurants, transportation, currency,  
and local customs.  There will be a wiki template provided for each  
meeting.  The wiki uses DokuWiki software and a users guide can be  
found here: http://www.dokuwiki.org/dokuwiki

Your IETF 79 (Beijing) wiki can be found here: https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/ietf79 
  and is also accessible from the Beijing meeting page of the IETF  
website.

Some headings have already created, but no real content  exists yet.  
The two links to "soccer / football" and "bar BoFs" that exist under  
Events are there as examples of things you can create, but there is  
nothing there if you follow the links.

The wiki can be viewed by anyone but can only be edited by registered  
meeting attendees. This is to prevent the wiki from becoming a spam  
petri dish. If you want to add information (a great restaurant you  
know of, an informal event (soccer game), etc) you will have to log  
into the wiki. If you have already registered for the meeting, you  
have an account waiting for you. Your login name is the email address  
that you used to register for the meeting; your password is your full  
10 digit confirmation number.

Note: this wiki is not intended to replace the host website, nor any  
other official meeting related site. Instead, the intent is that some  
of the information currently shared on the XXattendees mailing list be  
captured online in one location, where it will be easy for members of  
the community to locate and add to it.  Our hope is that your wiki  
makes a contribution to your meeting experience.

Alexa

-----------
Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: [email-masked]

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>