Subject: Document Action: 'SDP and RTSP extensions defined for 3GPP Packet-switched Streaming Service and Multimedia Broadcast/Multicast Service' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 08:34:54 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'SDP and RTSP extensions defined for 3GPP Packet-switched Streaming
   Service and Multimedia Broadcast/Multicast Service'
  <draft-westerlund-mmusic-3gpp-sdp-rtsp-08.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-westerlund-mmusic-3gpp-sdp-rtsp/

        Technical Summary

The Packet-switched Streaming Service (PSS) and the Multimedia
Broadcast/Multicast Service (MBMS) defined by 3GPP use SDP and RTSP
with some extensions.  This document provides information about these
extensions and registers the RTSP and SDP extensions with IANA.

        Working Group Summary

This is not an WG document. It is an individual AD sponsored draft.
However, it has been circulated several times in MMUSIC WG and they are
informed about the intended publication.

        Document Quality

This document is primary instructions to IANA about what to register.
In addition it functions as information to the IETF community about
what extensions that has been done by 3GPP. The 3GPP document defining
the extensions in the releases referenced here are stable as they where
first published in June 2007.