Subject: Protocol Action: 'Spatial Composition of Metrics' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 10:11:19 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Spatial Composition of Metrics'
  <draft-ietf-ippm-spatial-composition-16.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-spatial-composition/

Technical Summary
 
This memo utilizes IP Performance Metrics that are applicable to both
complete paths and sub-paths, and defines relationships to compose a
complete path metric from the sub-path metrics with some accuracy
w.r.t. the actual metrics. This is called Spatial Composition in RFC
2330. The memo refers to the Framework for Metric Composition, and
provides background and motivation for combining metrics to derive
others. The descriptions of several composed metrics and statistics
follow.
 
Working Group Summary
 
The normal WG process was followed and the document has been discussed for
several years. The document as it is now, reflects WG consensus, with
nothing special worth noticing.
 
Personnel

Henk Uijterwaal ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd. Lars Eggert
([email-masked]) reviewed the document for the IESG.