Subject: WG Action: Conclusion of Mobility for IP: Performance, Signaling and Handoff Optimization (mipshop)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 12:57:56 -0700 (PDT)

The Mobility for IP: Performance, Signaling and Handoff Optimization
(mipshop) in the Internet Area has concluded. The IESG contact person is
Jari Arkko.

The mailing list will remain active.

This working group has completed most of the work in its charter, and
the two remaining active drafts (draft-ietf-mipshop-transient-bce-pmipv6
and draft-das-mipshop-andsf-dhcp-options) are about to be approved as
RFCs by the IESG. Over many years, the group has produced 16 RFCs or
RFCs to be, many of which have been key optimizations for Mobile IP.
This is an excellent result. There are no pressing deployment needs for
further optimizations at this stage, and the group has not met in the
last couple of IETFs. As a result, I believe we can declare success and
close the group. I would like to thank everyone who has contributed over
the years.

One possible future work item was discussed in the group around prefix
management on point-to-point links. If there is interest in taking this
up, I can process the draft as an individual submission.

The mailing list will be left open in case there are future discussions
about the RFCs that the working group has produced.

Jari Arkko
Area Director for the MIPSHOP WG