Subject: RFC 5951 on Network Management Requirements for MPLS-based Transport Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 12:39:24 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5951

        Title:      Network Management Requirements for MPLS-based 
                    Transport Networks 
        Author:     K. Lam, S. Mansfield,
                    E. Gray
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 49993
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-tp-nm-req-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5951.txt

This document specifies the requirements for the management of
equipment used in networks supporting an MPLS Transport Profile
(MPLS-TP).  The requirements are defined for specification of
network management aspects of protocol mechanisms and procedures
that constitute the building blocks out of which the MPLS
Transport Profile is constructed.  That is, these requirements
indicate what management capabilities need to be available in
MPLS for use in managing the MPLS-TP.  This document is intended
to identify essential network management capabilities, not to
specify what functions any particular MPLS implementation
supports.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC