Subject: Protocol Action: 'Update of legacy IANA Registrations of Enumservices' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 08:53:40 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Update of legacy IANA Registrations of Enumservices '
   <draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-transition-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Telephone Number Mapping Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Gonzalo Camarillo and Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-transition-06.txt

1 - Technical Summary

New work by the ENUM WG has obsoleted the IANA registration section of
[RFC3761].  Since the IANA Enumservice registry contains various
Enumservices registered under the regime of   RFC 3761, those
registrations do not conform to the new guidelines as specified in
[I-D.ietf-enum-enumservices-guide-16].  To ensure consistency among all
Enumservice registrations at IANA, this document adds the missing elements
to those existing registrations.  Furthermore, all existing Enumservice
registrations are converted to the new XML chunk format, and, where deemed
necessary, minor editorial corrections are applied.

2 - Working Group Summary

Non contentious document.  

3 - Document Quality.

Document further enhances the applicability of RFC 3761 and new templates
for Enumservice registrations, simplifies the process by which protocol
designers can create new services and properly the RFC 3761 IANA registry
elements.

4 – Personnel

Document Shepherd: Richard Shockey
Responsible AD: Gonzalo Camarillo