Subject: RFC 6019 on BinaryTime: An Alternate Format for Representing Date and Time in ASN.1

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 09:02:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6019

        Title:      BinaryTime: An Alternate Format for 
                    Representing Date and Time in ASN.1 
        Author:     R. Housley
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11394
        Obsoletes:  RFC4049

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6019.txt

This document specifies a new ASN.1 type for representing time:
BinaryTime.  This document also specifies an alternate to the
signing-time attribute for use with the Cryptographic Message Syntax
(CMS) SignedData and AuthenticatedData content types; the
binary-signing-time attribute uses BinaryTime.  CMS and the
signing-time attribute are defined in RFC 5652.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC