Subject: Document Action: 'PKCS #5 Password Based Key Derivation Function 2 (PBKDF2) Test Vectors' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 13:14:33 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'PKCS #5 Password Based Key Derivation Function 2 (PBKDF2) Test Vectors '
   <draft-josefsson-pbkdf2-test-vectors-06.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Sean Turner.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-josefsson-pbkdf2-test-vectors-06.txt

Technical Summary

   This document contains test vectors for the Public-Key Cryptography
   Standards (PKCS) #5 Password Based Key Derivation Function 2 (PBKDF2)
   with the Hash-based Message Authentication Code (HMAC) Secure Hash
   Algorithm (SHA-1) pseudorandom function.

Working Group Summary

   This is not the product of a WG. 

Document Quality

   There are at least four known implementations that confirmed these
   test vectors.

Personnel

   Simon Josefsson  <[email-masked]> is the Document Shepherd.
   Sean Turner <[email-masked]> is the sponsoring Area Director.