Subject: RFC 6006 on Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) for Point-to-Multipoint Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 10:06:19 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6006

        Title:      Extensions to the Path Computation 
                    Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) for Point-
                    to-Multipoint Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths 
        Author:     Q. Zhao, Ed.,
                    D. King, Ed.,
                    F. Verhaeghe, T. Takeda,
                    Z. Ali, J. Meuric
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      33
        Characters: 68107
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-pcep-p2mp-extensions-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6006.txt

Point-to-point Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and Generalized
MPLS (GMPLS) Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths (TE LSPs) may
be established using signaling techniques, but their paths may first
need to be determined.  The Path Computation Element (PCE) has been
identified as an appropriate technology for the determination of the
paths of point-to-multipoint (P2MP) TE LSPs.

This document describes extensions to the PCE communication Protocol
(PCEP) to handle requests and responses for the computation of paths
for P2MP TE LSPs.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC