Subject: RFC 6007 on Use of the Synchronization VECtor (SVEC) List for Synchronized Dependent Path Computations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 10:06:31 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6007

        Title:      Use of the Synchronization VECtor 
                    (SVEC) List for Synchronized Dependent Path 
                    Computations 
        Author:     I. Nishioka, D. King
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 39156
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-pcep-svec-list-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6007.txt

A Path Computation Element (PCE) may be required to perform
dependent path computations.  Dependent path computations are
requests that need to be synchronized in order to meet specific
objectives.  An example of a dependent request would be a PCE
computing a set of services that are required to be diverse
(disjointed) from each other.  When a PCE computes sets of dependent
path computation requests concurrently, use of the Synchronization
VECtor (SVEC) list is required for association among the sets of
dependent path computation requests.  The SVEC object is optional and
carried within the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol
(PCEP) PCRequest (PCReq) message.

This document does not specify the PCEP SVEC object or procedure.
This informational document clarifies the use of the SVEC list for
synchronized path computations when computing dependent requests.
The document also describes a number of usage scenarios for SVEC
lists within single-domain and multi-domain environments.  
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC