Subject: Document Action: 'Comcast's Protocol-Agnostic Congestion Management System' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 07:54:48 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Comcast's Protocol-Agnostic Congestion Management System'
  <draft-livingood-woundy-congestion-mgmt-09.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-livingood-woundy-congestion-mgmt/

Technical Summary

This document describes an example of a large scale congestion management
system and how it functions, which is informative to Transport WGs such as
Conex. The document was developed partially in response to questions from
other ISPs as well as solution developers, who are interested in learning
from and/or deploying similar systems in other networks. In addition, it
is hoped that such a document may help inform new work in the IETF, in the
hope that better congestion management and congestion exposure systems and
protocols may be developed in the future. 

Working Group Summary

This document is not a WG document.  It has been reviewed on several IETF
lists, including the CONEX WG list (though it is outside of the current
charter for CONEX or other WGs).  The authors have incorporated all of
that feedback into the document.

Personnel

Lars Eggert ([email-masked]) reviewed this document for the IESG.