Subject: RFC 5985 on HTTP-Enabled Location Delivery (HELD)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 09:24:12 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5985

        Title:      HTTP-Enabled Location Delivery (HELD) 
        Author:     M. Barnes, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      39
        Characters: 86914
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-16.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5985.txt

This document defines a Layer 7 Location Configuration Protocol (L7
LCP) and describes the use of HTTP and HTTP/TLS as transports for the
L7 LCP.  The L7 LCP is used for retrieving location information from
a server within an access network.  It includes options for
retrieving location information in two forms: by value and by
reference.  The protocol is an extensible application-layer protocol
that is independent of the session layer.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC