Subject: RFC 5947 on Requirements for Multiple Address of Record (AOR) Reachability Information in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 12:38:20 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5947

        Title:      Requirements for Multiple Address of 
                    Record (AOR) Reachability Information in the 
                    Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     J. Elwell, H. Kaplan
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 29849
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-martini-reqs-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5947.txt

This document states requirements for a standardized SIP registration
mechanism for multiple addresses of record (AORs), the mechanism
being suitable for deployment by SIP service providers on a large
scale in support of small to medium sized Private Branch Exchanges
(PBXs).  The requirements are for a solution that can, as a minimum,
support AORs based on E.164 numbers.  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Multiple AoR reachabiliTy InformatioN Indication Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC