Subject: Protocol Action: 'Locating CalDAV and CardDAV services' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 09:09:12 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Locating CalDAV and CardDAV services'
  <draft-daboo-srv-caldav-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Alexey Melnikov.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-daboo-srv-caldav/

Technical Summary

   This draft defines how SRV records and TXT records can be used
   to discover CalDAV and CardDAV services on the internet. It
   also describes how those can be used to "bootstrap" clients
   during accounts setup using well-known URIs and other
   standards features of WebDAV.

Working Group Summary

   This is not a WG document.
   Discussion has taken place on various IETF mailing lists
   (WebDAV ([email-masked]), CalDAV ([email-masked])
   and VCardDAV ([email-masked])) since the -00 draft was published a year ago.

Document Quality

   This document is designed to address a clear need for
   standardized client account auto-discovery based on
   interoperability problems in current client/server solutions
   for CalDAV and CardDAV. Many of the existing CalDAV and
   CardDAV client and server developers have indicated strong
   interest in supporting this, and several have already
   implemented this draft.
   Expert review for the well-known was completed.

Personnel

   Bernard Desruisseaux is the Document Shepherd.
   Alexey Melnikov is the Responsible Area Director.