Subject: RFC 5991 on Teredo Security Updates

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 10:01:10 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5991

        Title:      Teredo Security Updates 
        Author:     D. Thaler, S. Krishnan,
                    J. Hoagland
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 20847
        Updates:    RFC4380

        I-D Tag:    draft-krishnan-v6ops-teredo-update-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5991.txt

The Teredo protocol defines a set of flags that are embedded in every
Teredo IPv6 address.  This document specifies a set of security
updates that modify the use of this flags field, but are backward
compatible.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC