Subject: RFC 5986 on Discovering the Local Location Information Server (LIS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 09:24:22 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5986

        Title:      Discovering the Local Location Information 
                    Server (LIS) 
        Author:     M. Thomson, J. Winterbottom
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 34450
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-geopriv-lis-discovery-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5986.txt

Discovery of the correct Location Information Server (LIS) in the
local access network is necessary for Devices that wish to acquire
location information from the network.  A method is described for the
discovery of a LIS in the access network serving a Device.  Dynamic
Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) options for IP versions 4 and 6
are defined that specify a domain name.  This domain name is then
used as input to a URI-enabled NAPTR (U-NAPTR) resolution process.
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC