Subject: Protocol Action: 'Simple procedures for Detecting Network Attachment in IPv6' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 15:22:42 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Simple procedures for Detecting Network Attachment in IPv6'
  <draft-ietf-dna-simple-17.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Detecting Network Attachment Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dna-simple/

Technical Summary

   This document defines mechanisms through which hosts can
   detect network changes or lack thereof faster than
   RFC 4861 ND does by default.

Working Group Summary

   This is a product of the DNA WG.

Document Quality

   The document has been through extensive discussion in the
   working group, and reviewed by people who have implemented
   discovery code in commonly available operating systems.

Personnel

   Jari Arkko is the responsible AD.