Subject: Protocol Action: 'Using Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting services to Dynamically Provision View-based Access Control Model User-to-Group Mappings' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 12:32:53 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Using Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting services to
   Dynamically Provision View-based Access Control Model User-to-Group
   Mappings'
  <draft-ietf-isms-radius-vacm-11.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Integrated Security Model for SNMP
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Sean Turner and Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isms-radius-vacm/

Technical Summary

  The document describes how to use Authentication,
  Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) services, such as the
  Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS), for
  access control authorization within the Simple Network
  Management Protocol (SNMP) framework. A MIB module is
  provided to dynamically update user-to-group mappings in the
  View-Based Access Control Model (VACM).

Working Group Summary

  The working group went over several revisions of this document
  and the document and all WG last call comments have been
  resolved. There has been strong WG consensus to publish this
  document as Proposed Standard.

Document Quality

  The chair is not aware of any implementations at this point in
  time. Dave Harrington has provided significant reviews that
  helped with the clarity and modularity aspects of the SNMP
  specifications. 

Personnel

  Juergen Schoenwaelder is the document shepherd.
  Sean Turner is the Responsible Area Director.