Subject: RFC 6001 on Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Protocol Extensions for Multi-Layer and Multi-Region Networks (MLN/MRN)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 17:10:14 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6001

        Title:      Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Protocol Extensions 
                    for Multi-Layer and Multi-Region Networks (MLN/MRN) 
        Author:     D. Papadimitriou, M. Vigoureux,
                    K. Shiomoto, D. Brungard,
                    JL. Le Roux
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 52501
        Updates:    RFC4202, RFC4203, RFC4206, RFC4874, RFC4974, RFC5307

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mln-extensions-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6001.txt

There are specific requirements for the support of networks
comprising Label Switching Routers (LSRs) participating in
different data plane switching layers controlled by a single
Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) control
plane instance, referred to as GMPLS Multi-Layer Networks /
Multi-Region Networks (MLN/MRN).

This document defines extensions to GMPLS routing and signaling
protocols so as to support the operation of GMPLS Multi-Layer /
Multi-Region Networks.  It covers the elements of a single GMPLS
control plane instance controlling multiple Label Switched Path (LSP)
regions or layers within a single Traffic Engineering (TE) domain.
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC