Subject: RFC 6068 on The 'mailto' URI Scheme

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 17:31:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6068

        Title:      The 'mailto' URI Scheme 
        Author:     M. Duerst, L. Masinter,
                    J. Zawinski
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 36683
        Obsoletes:  RFC2368

        I-D Tag:    draft-duerst-mailto-bis-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6068.txt

This document defines the format of Uniform Resource Identifiers
(URIs) to identify resources that are reached using Internet mail.
It adds better internationalization and compatibility with
Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs; RFC 3987) to the
previous syntax of 'mailto' URIs (RFC 2368).  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC