Subject: RFC 6015 on RTP Payload Format for 1-D Interleaved Parity Forward Error Correction (FEC)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 10:13:45 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6015

        Title:      RTP Payload Format for 1-D 
                    Interleaved Parity Forward Error Correction (FEC) 
        Author:     A. Begen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 65399
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-fecframe-interleaved-fec-scheme-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6015.txt

This document defines a new RTP payload format for the Forward Error
Correction (FEC) that is generated by the 1-D interleaved parity code
from a source media encapsulated in RTP.  The 1-D interleaved parity
code is a systematic code, where a number of repair symbols are
generated from a set of source symbols and sent in a repair flow
separate from the source flow that carries the source symbols.  The
1-D interleaved parity code offers a good protection against bursty
packet losses at a cost of reasonable complexity.  The new payload
format defined in this document should only be used (with some
exceptions) as a part of the Digital Video Broadcasting-IPTV (DVB-
IPTV) Application-layer FEC specification.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the FEC Framework Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC