Subject: RFC 5992 on Internationalized Domain Names Registration and Administration Guidelines for European Languages Using Cyrillic

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 17:31:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5992

        Title:      Internationalized Domain Names Registration and 
                    Administration Guidelines for European Languages Using 
                    Cyrillic 
        Author:     S. Sharikov, D. Miloshevic,
                    J. Klensin
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 54378
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-sharikov-idn-reg-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5992.txt

This document is a guideline for registries and registrars on
registering internationalized domain names (IDNs) based on (in
alphabetical order) Bosnian, Bulgarian, Byelorussian, Kildin Sami,
Macedonian, Montenegrin, Russian, Serbian, and Ukrainian languages in
a DNS zone.  It describes appropriate characters for registration and
variant considerations for characters from Greek and Latin scripts
with similar appearances and/or derivations.  This document is not 
an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for 
informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC