Subject: RFC 6027 on IPsec Cluster Problem Statement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 10:14:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6027

        Title:      IPsec Cluster Problem Statement 
        Author:     Y. Nir
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 27497
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipsecme-ipsec-ha-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6027.txt

This document defines the terminology, problem statement, and
requirements for implementing Internet Key Exchange (IKE) and IPsec
on clusters.  It also describes gaps in existing standards and their
implementation that need to be filled in order to allow peers to
interoperate with clusters from different vendors.  Agreed upon
terminology, problem statement, and requirements will allow IETF
working groups to consider development of IPsec/IKEv2 mechanisms to
simplify cluster implementations.  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC