Subject: RFC 5989 on A SIP Event Package for Subscribing to Changes to an HTTP Resource

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 22:33:45 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5989

        Title:      A SIP Event Package for 
                    Subscribing to Changes to an HTTP 
                    Resource 
        Author:     A.B. Roach
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 40571
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-roach-sip-http-subscribe-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5989.txt

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is increasingly being used in
systems that are tightly coupled with Hypertext Transport Protocol
(HTTP) servers for a variety of reasons.  In many of these cases,
applications can benefit from being able to discover, in near real-
time, when a specific HTTP resource is created, changed, or deleted.
This document proposes a mechanism, based on the SIP Event Framework,
for doing so.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC