Subject: RFC 6016 on Support for the Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) in Layer 3 VPNs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 12:17:27 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6016

        Title:      Support for the Resource Reservation 
                    Protocol (RSVP) in Layer 3 VPNs 
        Author:     B. Davie, F. Le Faucheur,
                    A. Narayanan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      38
        Characters: 95185
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-l3vpn-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6016.txt

RFC 4364 and RFC 4659 define an approach to building
provider-provisioned Layer 3 VPNs (L3VPNs) for IPv4 and IPv6.  It may
be desirable to use Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) to perform
admission control on the links between Customer Edge (CE) routers and
Provider Edge (PE) routers.  This document specifies procedures by
which RSVP messages traveling from CE to CE across an L3VPN may be
appropriately handled by PE routers so that admission control can be
performed on PE-CE links.  Optionally, admission control across the
provider's backbone may also be supported.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC