Subject: RFC 6009 on Sieve Email Filtering: Delivery Status Notifications and Deliver-By Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 17:31:47 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6009

        Title:      Sieve Email Filtering: Delivery Status 
                    Notifications and Deliver-By Extensions 
        Author:     N. Freed
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 28979
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-freed-sieve-notary-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6009.txt

This document describes the "envelope-dsn", "redirect-dsn",
"envelope-deliverby", and "redirect-deliverby" extensions to the
Sieve email filtering language.  The "envelope-dsn" and "envelope-
deliverby" extensions provide access to additional envelope
information provided by the delivery status notification (DSN) and
Deliver-By SMTP extensions, respectively.  The "redirect-dsn" and
"redirect-deliverby" extensions extend Sieve's redirect action to
provide control over delivery status notification and Deliver-By
parameters, respectively.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Sieve Mail Filtering Language Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC