Subject: RFC 5993 on RTP Payload Format for Global System for Mobile Communications Half Rate (GSM-HR)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 07:55:13 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5993

        Title:      RTP Payload Format for Global 
                    System for Mobile Communications Half Rate 
                    (GSM-HR) 
        Author:     X. Duan, S. Wang,
                    M. Westerlund, K. Hellwig,
                    I. Johansson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 37824
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rtp-gsm-hr-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5993.txt

This document specifies the payload format for packetization of
Global System for Mobile Communications Half Rate (GSM-HR) speech
codec data into the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP).  The payload
format supports transmission of multiple frames per payload and
packet loss robustness methods using redundancy.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC