Subject: RFC 5977 on RMD-QOSM: The NSIS Quality-of-Service Model for Resource Management in Diffserv

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 12:16:52 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5977

        Title:      RMD-QOSM: The NSIS Quality-of-Service Model 
                    for Resource Management in Diffserv 
        Author:     A. Bader, L. Westberg,
                    G. Karagiannis, C. Kappler,
                    T. Phelan
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      128
        Characters: 324264
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nsis-rmd-20.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5977.txt

This document describes a Next Steps in Signaling (NSIS)
Quality-of-Service (QoS) Model for networks that use the Resource
Management in Diffserv (RMD) concept.  RMD is a technique for adding
admission control and preemption function to Differentiated Services
(Diffserv) networks.  The RMD QoS Model allows devices external to the
RMD network to signal reservation requests to Edge nodes in the RMD
network.  The RMD Ingress Edge nodes classify the incoming flows into
traffic classes and signals resource requests for the corresponding
traffic class along the data path to the Egress Edge nodes for each
flow.  Egress nodes reconstitute the original requests and continue
forwarding them along the data path towards the final destination.  In
addition, RMD defines notification functions to indicate overload
situations within the domain to the Edge nodes.  This document defines
an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC