Subject: Document Action: 'IPv4 Run-Out and IPv4-IPv6 Co-Existence Scenarios' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 09:28:01 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IPv4 Run-Out and IPv4-IPv6 Co-Existence Scenarios '
   <draft-arkko-townsley-coexistence-06.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arkko-townsley-coexistence-06.txt

Technical Summary

   When IPv6 was designed, it was expected that the transition from IPv4
   to IPv6 would occur more smoothly and expeditiously than experience
   has revealed.  The growth of the IPv4 Internet and predicted
   depletion of the free pool of IPv4 address blocks on a foreseeable
   horizon has highlighted an urgent need to revisit IPv6 deployment
   models.  This document provides an overview of deployment scenarios
   with the goal of helping to understand what types of additional tools
   the industry needs to assist in IPv4 and IPv6 co-existence and
   transition.

   This document was originally created as input to the Montreal co-
   existence interim meeting in October 2008, which led to the
   rechartering of the Behave and Softwire working groups to take on new
   IPv4 and IPv6 coexistence work.  This document is published as a
   historical record of the thinking at the time.

Working Group Summary

   This document is an individual AD-sponsored submission.

Document Quality

   This document does not specify any protocols.  It is an historical
record of the thinking at the time of the Montreal co-
   existence interim meeting in October 2008.

Personnel

   Ralph Droms <[email-masked]> is the responsible AD.