Subject: Document Action: 'Using OpenPGP Keys for Transport Layer Security (TLS) Authentication' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 07:54:12 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Using OpenPGP Keys for Transport Layer Security (TLS) Authentication '
   <draft-mavrogiannopoulos-rfc5081bis-09.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Sean Turner.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mavrogiannopoulos-rfc5081bis-09.txt

Technical Summary

  This memo proposes extensions to the Transport Layer Security (TLS)
  protocol to support the OpenPGP key format. The extensions discussed
  here include a certificate type negotiation mechanism, and the
  required modifications to the TLS Handshake Protocol. This memo
  replaces the Experimental [RFC5081].

Working Group Summary

   This is not the product of a WG. 

Document Quality

  To my knowledge this protocol is implemented by gnutls
  (www.gnutls.org). Both the client and the server side are implemented.
  It was reviewed by the WG and independent reviewers 
  during the previous last call (those reviews went to rfc editor and
  me, thus I don't know if they are now accessible to reference).

Personnel

   Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <[email-masked]> is the document Shepherd.
   Sean Turner <[email-masked]> is the sponsoring Area Director.