Subject: RFC 5983 on Mailing Lists and Internationalized Email Addresses

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 17:31:21 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5983

        Title:      Mailing Lists and Internationalized Email 
                    Addresses 
        Author:     R. Gellens
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 24462
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-eai-mailinglist-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5983.txt

This document describes considerations for mailing lists with the
introduction of internationalized email addresses.

This document makes some specific recommendations on how mailing
lists should act in various situations.  This document defines 
an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Email Address Internationalization Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC