Subject: RFC 6024 on Trust Anchor Management Requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 22:47:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6024

        Title:      Trust Anchor Management Requirements 
        Author:     R. Reddy, C. Wallace
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 33415
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-ta-mgmt-reqs-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6024.txt

A trust anchor represents an authoritative entity via a public key
and associated data.  The public key is used to verify digital
signatures, and the associated data is used to constrain the types of
information for which the trust anchor is authoritative.  A relying
party uses trust anchors to determine if a digitally signed object is
valid by verifying a digital signature using the trust anchor's
public key, and by enforcing the constraints expressed in the
associated data for the trust anchor.  This document describes some
of the problems associated with the lack of a standard trust anchor
management mechanism and defines requirements for data formats and
push-based protocols designed to address these problems.  This 
document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC