Subject: RFC 6037 on Cisco Systems' Solution for Multicast in BGP/MPLS IP VPNs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 18:36:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6037

        Title:      Cisco Systems' Solution for Multicast 
                    in BGP/MPLS IP VPNs 
        Author:     E. Rosen, Ed.,
                    Y. Cai, Ed.,
                    IJ. Wijnands
        Status:     Historic
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 57136
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-rosen-vpn-mcast-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6037.txt

This document describes the MVPN (Multicast in BGP/MPLS IP VPNs)
solution designed and deployed by Cisco Systems.  The procedures
specified in this document are largely a subset of the generalized MVPN
framework recently standardized by the IETF.  However, as the
deployment of the procedures specified herein predates the
publication of IETF standards (in some cases by over five years), an
implementation based on these procedures differs in some respects
from a fully standards-compliant implementation.  These differences
are pointed out in the document.  This document defines a Historic 
Document for the Internet community.

HISTORIC: This memo defines a Historic Document for the Internet
community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC