Subject: Document Action: 'Authorization for NSIS Signaling Layer Protocols' to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 08:52:18 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Authorization for NSIS Signaling Layer Protocols '
   <draft-ietf-nsis-nslp-auth-07.txt> as an Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-nslp-auth-07.txt

Technical Summary

This RFC presents a generic model and object formats for session
authorization within the NSIS Signaling Layer Protocols. The goal of
session authorization is to allow the exchange of information between
network elements in order to authorize the use of resources for a
service and to coordinate actions between the signaling and transport
planes.

Working Group Summary

This draft is an outcome of the NSIS WG.

Document Quality

There is an implementation made by University of Karlsruhe
(Roland Bless,
https://projekte.tm.uni-karlsruhe.de/trac/NSIS/wiki/SessionAuthorizationObject)