Subject: Protocol Action: 'Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Chunk Flags Registration' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 08:49:51 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Chunk Flags Registration '
   <draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-chunk-flags-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Transport Area Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-chunk-flags-02.txt

Technical Summary

  This document defines the procedure for registering chunk flags with
  the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) for the Stream Control
  Transmission Protocol (SCTP).  It updates RFC 4960, and also defines
  the IANA registry for contents for currently defined chunk types.  It
  does not change SCTP in any other way.

Working Group Summary

  This document has been reviewed by the WG, and there was WG consensus 
  for publishing this version of the document.

Document Quality

  This document is a minor update to SCTP that was required to progress 
  other work on SCTP.

Personnel

  Gorry Fairhurst ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd.
  Lars Eggert ([email-masked]) reviewed the document for the IESG.