Subject: RFC 6023 on A Childless Initiation of the Internet Key Exchange Version 2 (IKEv2) Security Association (SA)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 17:11:30 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6023

        Title:      A Childless Initiation of the 
                    Internet Key Exchange Version 2 (IKEv2) 
                    Security Association (SA) 
        Author:     Y. Nir, H. Tschofenig,
                    H. Deng, R. Singh
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 12560
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-nir-ipsecme-childless-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6023.txt

This document describes an extension to the Internet Key Exchange
version 2 (IKEv2) protocol that allows an IKEv2 Security Association
(SA) to be created and authenticated without generating a Child SA.
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for examination, experimental implementation, and
evaluation.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC