Subject: RFC 6044 on Mapping and Interworking of Diversion Information between Diversion and History-Info Headers in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 19:07:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6044

        Title:      Mapping and Interworking of Diversion 
                    Information between Diversion and History-Info Headers 
                    in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     M. Mohali
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 54486
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-mohali-diversion-history-info-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6044.txt

Although the SIP History-Info header is the solution adopted in IETF,
the non-standard Diversion header is nevertheless widely implemented
and used for conveying call-diversion-related information in SIP
signaling.

This document describes a recommended interworking guideline between
the Diversion header and the History-Info header to handle call
diversion information.  In addition, an interworking policy is
proposed to manage the headers' coexistence.  The History-Info header
is described in RFC 4244 and the non-standard Diversion header is
described, as Historic, in RFC 5806.

Since the Diversion header is used in many existing network
implementations for the transport of call diversion information, its
interworking with the SIP History-Info standardized solution is
needed.  This work is intended to enable the migration from non-
standard implementations and deployment toward IETF specification-
based implementations and deployment.  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC