Subject: RFC 5988 on Web Linking

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 22:33:28 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5988

        Title:      Web Linking 
        Author:     M. Nottingham
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 46834
        Updates:    RFC4287

        I-D Tag:    draft-nottingham-http-link-header-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5988.txt

This document specifies relation types for Web links, and defines a
registry for them.  It also defines the use of such links in HTTP
headers with the Link header field.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC