Subject: RFC 6042 on Transport Layer Security (TLS) Authorization Using KeyNote

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 22:34:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6042

        Title:      Transport Layer Security (TLS) Authorization 
                    Using KeyNote 
        Author:     A. Keromytis
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 12097
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-keromytis-tls-authz-keynote-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6042.txt

This document specifies the use of the KeyNote trust-management
system as an authorization extension in the Transport Layer
Security (TLS) Handshake Protocol, according to guidelines in
RFC 5878.  Extensions carried in the client and server hello messages
confirm that both parties support the desired authorization
data types.  Then, if supported by both the client and the
server, KeyNote credentials are exchanged in the
supplemental data handshake message.  This document is not an 
Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for 
informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC