Subject: RFC 6035 on Session Initiation Protocol Event Package for Voice Quality Reporting

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 22:28:07 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6035

        Title:      Session Initiation Protocol Event Package 
                    for Voice Quality Reporting 
        Author:     A. Pendleton, A. Clark,
                    A. Johnston, H. Sinnreich
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      41
        Characters: 84930
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipping-rtcp-summary-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6035.txt

This document defines a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) event
package that enables the collection and reporting of metrics that
measure the quality for Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) sessions.
Voice call quality information derived from RTP Control Protocol
Extended Reports (RTCP-XR) and call information from SIP is conveyed
from a User Agent (UA) in a session, known as a reporter, to a third
party, known as a collector.  A registration for the application/
vq-rtcpxr media type is also included.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC