Subject: RFC 6046 on Transport of Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID) Messages

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 21:49:27 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6046

        Title:      Transport of Real-time Inter-network Defense 
                    (RID) Messages 
        Author:     K. Moriarty, B. Trammell
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14760
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-moriarty-post-inch-rid-transport-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6046.txt

The Incident Object Description Exchange Format (IODEF) defines a
common XML format for document exchange, and Real-time Inter-network
Defense (RID) defines extensions to IODEF intended for the
cooperative handling of security incidents within consortia of
network operators and enterprises.  This document specifies a
transport protocol for RID based upon the passing of RID messages
over HTTP/TLS (Transport Layer Security).  This document is not an 
Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for informational 
purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC