Subject: RFC 6059 on Simple Procedures for Detecting Network Attachment in IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 10:22:45 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6059

        Title:      Simple Procedures for Detecting Network 
                    Attachment in IPv6 
        Author:     S. Krishnan, G. Daley
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 40655
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dna-simple-17.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6059.txt

Detecting Network Attachment allows hosts to assess if its existing
addressing or routing configuration is valid for a newly connected
network.  This document provides simple procedures for Detecting
Network Attachment in IPv6 hosts, and procedures for routers to
support such services.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Detecting Network Attachment Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC