Subject: RFC 6062 on Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN) Extensions for TCP Allocations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 22:28:23 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6062

        Title:      Traversal Using Relays around NAT 
                    (TURN) Extensions for TCP Allocations 
        Author:     S. Perreault, Ed.,
                    J. Rosenberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 28978
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-behave-turn-tcp-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6062.txt

This specification defines an extension of Traversal Using Relays
around NAT (TURN), a relay protocol for Network Address Translator
(NAT) traversal.  This extension allows a TURN client to request TCP
allocations, and defines new requests and indications for the TURN
server to open and accept TCP connections with the client's peers.
TURN and this extension both purposefully restrict the ways in which
the relayed address can be used.  In particular, it prevents users
from running general-purpose servers from ports obtained from the
TURN server.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC