Subject: Re: Informational RFC to be: <draft-irtf-rrg-recommendation-15.txt>

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 13:56:51 -0800

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'Recommendation for a
Routing Architecture' <draft-irtf-rrg-recommendation-15.txt> as an
Informational RFC.

The IESG would also like the IRSG to review the comments in
the datatracker
(http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-rrg-recommendation/) related
to this document and determine whether or not they merit incorporation
into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot and the comment
log.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-rrg-recommendation/

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   It is commonly recognized that the Internet routing and addressing
   architecture is facing challenges in scalability, multihoming, and
   inter-domain traffic engineering.  This document presents, as a
   recommendation of future directions for the IETF, solutions which
   will aid the future scalability of the Internet.  To this end, this
   document surveys many of the proposals that were brought forward for
   discussion in this activity, as well as some of the subsequent
   analysis and the architectural recommendation of the chairs.  This
   document is a product of the Routing Research Group.

Working Group Summary

   This is a product of the IRTF routing research group (RRG).
   The document is the chair's view of the results of the group.

Document Quality

   The document and specific technical point have been discussed at
   length in the routing research group of the IRTF.

Personnel

   The document shepherd is Joel Halpern, and the responsible
   AD is Jari Arkko.

IESG Note

  Our conclusion is this:

  2. The IESG has concluded that this work is related to IETF work done
      in WGs V6OPS and LISP, but this relationship does not prevent
      publishing.