Subject: RFC 6048 on Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP) Additions to LIST Command

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 10:26:17 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6048

        Title:      Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP) 
                    Additions to LIST Command 
        Author:     J. Elie
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 50873
        Updates:    RFC2980, RFC3977

        I-D Tag:    draft-elie-nntp-list-additions-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6048.txt

This document defines a set of enhancements to the Network News
Transfer Protocol (NNTP) that allow a client to request extended
information from NNTP servers regarding server status, policy, and
other aspects of local configuration.  These enhancements are made as
new keywords to the existing LIST capability described in RFC 3977.

This memo updates and formalizes the LIST DISTRIBUTIONS and LIST
SUBSCRIPTIONS commands defined in RFC 2980.  It also adds the LIST
COUNTS, LIST MODERATORS, and LIST MOTD commands, and specifies
additional values returned by the existing LIST ACTIVE command for
the status of a newsgroup.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC