Subject: Move of ALTO and DECADE to Transport Area

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 17:43:43 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has decided to move the ALTO and DECADE working
groups from the Applications Area to the Transport Area.  Two 
factors played a role in this decision.  First, the IESG feels 
that consolidating the standardization of peer-to-peer 
technologies in one Area will strengthen this important aspect 
of Internet engineering.  Second, the current work in these 
WGs has strong ties to Transport work on storage protocols, 
congestion control and exposure, and peer-to-peer streaming. 
Bringing these two WGs into the Transport Area will leverage 
this expertise for the P2P work items in ALTO and DECADE.

The Secretariat has been instructed to carry out this move 
immediately.

David Harrington will be the responsible Area Director for
both ALTO and DECADE.  Also, Alexey Melnikov will the
Applications Area Adviser for DECADE, and Peter Saint-Andre
will be the Applications Area Adviser for ALTO.

On behalf of the IESG,
Russ Housley

---

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 18:53:28 -0800 (PST)

To provide a complete picture, I should have said something about the
P2PSIP working group in the announcement.  Sorry for omitting it.

Because the P2PSIP WG is nearing the end of its chartered work, P2PSIP
is not being moved from the RAI Area to the TSV Area.

On behalf of the IESG,
Russ Housley