Subject: IAB plenary session on Monday.

From: IAB Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 09:30:07 +0100

Colleagues

The IETF 79 technical plenary is planned for Monday November 8  (not on Thursday!) and we hope to welcome you between 16:30-19:30 in "Valey".

We will start with the IAB and IRTF chair's report.

The technical heart of the plenary will focus on IPv6 Operations and Transitional issues. It is organized as a panel discussion followed by Q&A, and discussions on the topic. For more details, see below.

After we round off the discussion we will open up the microphone for the general technical open microphone session.  To make this session slightly more efficient we would appreciate if you would compose a mail with the topic you want to bring up during the session and send that to the IAB ([email-masked]). This allows the IAB to think a few minutes about a comprehensive answer but also may help the person asking the question to ask a succinct question. Obviously, the above is not obligatory but is considered a service to those participating in the session. There is only limited time for open microphone and people who have prepared their questions will be given priority.

After the IAB open microphone session we will have a small session to work on the RFC Editor Model. I refer to the rfc-interests list and the rfc-editor website for more detail.

--Olaf Kolkman
  IAB Chair

[1] https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-interest
[2] http://www.rfc-editor.org/rse/RSE.html

----

Title: IPv6 Operations and Transitional Issues

Moderator & Panelists:

Bill HUANG (China Mobile)
Jari Arkko (Ericsson) - IESG/INT AD
John Jason Brzozowski (Comcast)
Matsuzaki Yoshinobu (IIJ)
Xiaodong Lee (CNNIC)
Danny McPherson (VeriSign) - IAB/Moderator

Abstract:

IPv4 number resource depletion is expected at the IANA level in 2011,
and a vast amount of work across the Internet engineering and operations
community related to IPv6 deployment and transitional coexistence of
IPv4 and IPv6 is well underway.  The intent of this panel is to continue
to increase awareness of the pending IANA IPv4 free pool exhaustion, and
share operator preparedness experiences directly with the IETF and broader
Internet engineering community.

With a group of panelists representing commercial organizations from mobile,
Internet registry, ISP and Internet access providers from around the world,
and an express focus on constraints and challenges with IPv6 preparedness,
deployment, IPv6-only experiences, successes, and constraints, the objective
is simply to further inform protocol architects, implementers, and network
operators on operational issues related to IPv6 deployment and coexistence
with IPv4.
-----------------------------------
The Internet Architecture Board
www.iab.org
[email-masked]