Subject: Protocol Action: 'Deprecation of iFCP Address Translation Mode' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-storm-ifcp-ipn133-updates-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 13:24:22 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Deprecation of iFCP Address Translation Mode'
  (draft-ietf-storm-ifcp-ipn133-updates-03.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the STORage Maintenance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are David Harrington and Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-storm-ifcp-ipn133-updates/

Technical Summary

              This brief document serves to analyze, justify and record the deprecation
             of the never-implemented and now-incorrect specification of iFCP address
             translation mode. The document also records the state of Internet Protocol
             Number 133, which was allocated for a pre-standard version of FCIP.

Working Group Summary

             There was no controversy and full consensus during the entire process.
             The document was updated only to enhance clarity, based on comments
             received.

Document Quality

            The document is of high quality and the states of both protocols
             were well-researched by the authors prior to publication. The document
             underwent review by Joe Touch, who is a member the Transport Directorate, 
             and an expert reviewer for port assignments; it was reviewed by the
             operations directorate; and it was reviewed by members of the Fibre Channel
             standards community.

             There are deliberate downrefs to ANSI/INCITS and ISO/IEC Fibre Channel standards,
             and to the IANA IP protocol number registry.

Personnel

Document Shepherd: Tom Talpey
Responsible Area Director: David Harrington