Subject: Protocol Action: 'RTP Payload Format for H.264 Reduced-Complexity Decoding Operation (RCDO) Video' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-avt-rtp-h264-rcdo-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 05:39:46 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RTP Payload Format for H.264 Reduced-Complexity Decoding Operation
   (RCDO) Video'
  (draft-ietf-avt-rtp-h264-rcdo-08.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Gonzalo Camarillo and Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-h264-rcdo/

Technical Summary

 This document describes an RTP Payload format for the Reduced-
 Complexity Decoding Operation (RCDO) for H.264 Baseline profile
 bitstreams, as specified in ITU-T Recommendation H.241. RCDO reduces
 the decoding cost and resource consumption of the video processing.
 The RCDO RTP Payload format is based on the H.264 RTP Payload format.

Working Group Summary

 There is nothing specific to note.

Document Quality

 This document specifies a payload specification for an optional H.264 mode
 that is being used in video conferencing systems by companies like Tandberg, 
 Polycom and others. There is interoperability in the implementations.

Personnel

 Roni Even is the document shepherd.
 The responsible area director is Gonzalo Camarillo.