Subject: Protocol Action: 'IPv6 Traffic Engineering in IS-IS' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-isis-ipv6-te-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 08:06:26 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IPv6 Traffic Engineering in IS-IS'
  (draft-ietf-isis-ipv6-te-08.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-ipv6-te/

Technical Summary

   This specification provides the ability to provide IPv6 traffic
   engineering information within IS-IS. The design very closely
   parallels the IPv4 specification.

Working Group Summary

   There consensus was strong for this specification. There was 
   very little discussion as the implementation and need were 
   fairly obvious. 

Document Quality

   There are currently no known implementations of this 
   specification. The quality of the protocol extension though 
   can easily be measured by it's analogous IPv4 implementation 
   which is widely implemented. 

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?

   Chris Hopps ([email-masked])  

   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  

   Stewart Bryant ([email-masked])

RFC Editor Note

Please Replace the security section text with the following:

   This document raises no new security issues for IS-IS; for general
   security considerations for IS-IS see [RFC5304].