Subject: RFC 6050 on A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Extension for the Identification of Services

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 10:26:31 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6050

        Title:      A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
                    Extension for the Identification of Services 
        Author:     K. Drage
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 41021
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-drage-sipping-service-identification-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6050.txt

This document describes private extensions to the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) that enable a network of trusted SIP servers to assert
the service of authenticated users.  The use of these extensions is
only applicable inside an administrative domain with previously
agreed-upon policies for generation, transport, and usage of such
information.  This document does NOT offer a general service
identification model suitable for use between different trust domains
or for use in the Internet at large.

The document also defines a URN to identify both services and User
Agent (UA) applications.  This URN can be used within the SIP header
fields defined in this document to identify services, and also within
the framework defined for caller preferences and callee capabilities
to identify usage of both services and applications between end UAs. 
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC