Subject: RFC 6014 on Cryptographic Algorithm Identifier Allocation for DNSSEC

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 10:26:06 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6014

        Title:      Cryptographic Algorithm Identifier Allocation for 
                    DNSSEC 
        Author:     P. Hoffman
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11182
        Updates:    RFC4033, RFC4034, RFC4035

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-alg-allocation-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6014.txt

This document specifies how DNSSEC cryptographic algorithm
identifiers in the IANA registries are allocated.  It changes the
requirement from "standard required" to "RFC Required".  It does not
change the list of algorithms that are recommended or required for
DNSSEC implementations.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC