Subject: Document Action: 'Definition of IETF Working Group Document States' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-proto-wgdocument-states-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:41:25 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Definition of IETF Working Group Document States'
  (draft-ietf-proto-wgdocument-states-10.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-proto-wgdocument-states/

Technical Summary

  The IETF Datatracker tool will be enhanced to make it possible for
  Working Group (WG) Chairs to provide more transparency into the status
  and progression of WG documents to authors and other members of the
  IETF community.

  This document defines new document states that may be used to describe
  the status of an Internet-Draft (I-D) that is associated with an IETF
  working group (WG).  The first state can be used to describe an I-D
  that is being considered for adoption by a WG, and the last state
  describes an I-D that has been submitted to the IESG.  Appendix A
  explains the different states used by IETF Area Directors (ADs) to
  describe the status of I-Ds after they have been sent to the IESG for
  evaluation and publication.

Working Group Summary

  This document is not the product of any IETF WG.

Protocol Quality

  The document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.