Subject: Please comment on IAOC candidates for IAB selection

From: IAB Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 12:59:46 +0100

Dear Colleagues

As described in BCP 101 (RFC 4071) and BCP 113 (RFC 4333),
the IESG and the IAB each select one person for a two-year IAOC
term in alternate years. This year, the IAB will select one person
for a term beginning in March 2011. 

Following the call for nominations, which ran from 3 November 2010
through 28 November 2010, the IAB contacted each person that
was nominated, asking them to accept or reject the nomination.  
At this point, four people have indicated a willingness to serve. 
They are:

       Donald Eastlake
       Tobias Gondrom
       Bob Hinden
       Henk Uijterwaal

The IAB is actively soliciting confidential comments on these people
and their ability to serve on the IAOC. The IAB needs to receive these
comments by 6 January 2011 in order to make a selection on or before
15 January 2011. Please send comments to [email-masked]  

Note that the NomCom will also be selecting a person to serve on the IAOC
for a two year term. This process is orthogonal, the IAB is not privy to
comments you might have submitted to the NomCom.

On Behalf of the IAB,

  Olaf Kolkman

-----------------------------------
The Internet Architecture Board
www.iab.org
[email-masked]