Subject: RFC 6033 on Algorithms for Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) Encrypted Key Package Content Type

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 12:32:12 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6033

        Title:      Algorithms for Cryptographic Message Syntax 
                    (CMS) Encrypted Key Package Content Type 
        Author:     S. Turner
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 9818
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-turner-encryptedkeypackagecontenttype-algs-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6033.txt

This document describes the conventions for using several
cryptographic algorithms with the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
encrypted key package content type.  Specifically, it includes
conventions necessary to implement EnvelopedData, EncryptedData, and
AuthEnvelopedData.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC