Subject: RFC 6047 on iCalendar Message-Based Interoperability Protocol (iMIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 17:32:48 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6047

        Title:      iCalendar Message-Based Interoperability Protocol
                    (iMIP) 
        Author:     A. Melnikov, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 40697
        Obsoletes:  RFC2447

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-calsify-rfc2447bis-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6047.txt

This document, "iCalendar Message-Based Interoperability Protocol
(iMIP)", specifies a binding from the iCalendar Transport-independent
Interoperability Protocol (iTIP) to Internet email-based transports.
Calendaring entries defined by the iCalendar Object Model (iCalendar) are
wrapped using constructs from RFC 5322 and MIME (RFC 2045, RFC 2046,
RFC 2047, and RFC 2049), and then transported over SMTP.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Calendaring and Scheduling Standards Simplification Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC