Subject: Re: Informational RFC to be: <draft-saito-mmusic-sdp-ike-08.txt>

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 15:18:55 -0800

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'Media Description for
IKE in the Session Description Protocol (SDP)'
<draft-saito-mmusic-sdp-ike-08.txt> as an Informational RFC.

The IESG would also like the RFC-Editor to review the comments in
the datatracker
(http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-saito-mmusic-sdp-ike/) related to
this document and determine whether or not they merit incorporation into
the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot and the comment log.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-saito-mmusic-sdp-ike/

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary
  This document specifies how to establish a media session which
   represents a virtual private network using Session Initiation
   Protocol for the purpose of on-demand media/application sharing
   between peers.  It extends the protocol identifier of Session
   Description Protocol (SDP) so that it can negotiate the use of
   Internet Key Exchange Protocol (IKE) for media sessions in the SDP
   offer/answer model.  It also specifies a method to boot up IKE and
   generate IPsec security associations using a self-signed certificate.

Working Group Summary

   The document is an individual submission to the RFC Editor. 

Personnel

   Robert Sparks coordinated the RFC5742 IESG review.

IESG Note

  The IESG has concluded that this work is related to IETF work done
   in the MMUSIC working group, but this relationship does not prevent publishing.