Subject: Last Call: <draft-turner-cms-symmetrickeypackage-algs-00.txt> (Algorithms for Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) Protection of Symmetric Key Package Content Types) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 07:43:33 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Algorithms for Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)   Protection of
   Symmetric Key Package Content Types'
  <draft-turner-cms-symmetrickeypackage-algs-00.txt> as a Proposed
Standard

Note that this specification includes a normative reference to RFC 5753,
"Use of Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) Algorithms in Cryptographic
Message Syntax (CMS)" which was published as an Informational RFC.
The IESG requests feedback on whether this RFC is sufficiently well
understood to serve as a normative reference.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-01-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-turner-cms-symmetrickeypackage-algs/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-turner-cms-symmetrickeypackage-algs/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.