Subject: Call for Comments: "Evolution of the IP Model"

From: IAB Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 21:50:41 +0100

Dear Colleagues,

The IAB intends to publish "Evolution of the IP Model"
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-iab-ip-model-evolution-02.txt

   This document attempts to document various aspects of the IP service
   model and how it has evolved over time.  In particular, it attempts
   to document the properties of the IP layer as they are seen by upper-
   layer protocols and applications, and especially properties which
   were (and at times still are) incorrectly perceived to exist, as well
   as properties that would cause problems if changed.  Finally, it
   provides some guidance to protocol designers and implementers.

The IAB will submit this shortly and welcomes any comments you might have prior to Dec 19, 2010.

For the IAB,

--Olaf Kolkman (chair).

-----------------------------------
The Internet Architecture Board
www.iab.org
[email-masked]