Subject: Re: Experimental RFC to be: <draft-chroboczek-babel-routing-protocol-05.txt>

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 06:50:12 -0800

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'The Babel Routing
Protocol' <draft-chroboczek-babel-routing-protocol-05.txt> as an
Experimental RFC.

The IESG would also like the RFC-Editor to review the comments in
the datatracker
(http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chroboczek-babel-routing-protocol/)
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot
and the comment log.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chroboczek-babel-routing-protocol/

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   Babel is a mostly loop-free distance vector routing protocol that is
   robust and efficient both in ordinary wired networks and in wireless
   mesh networks.

Working Group Summary

   Babel is an Independent submission via the RFC Editor. 

Document Quality

   It has been reviewed by members of the Routing Directorate, but 
   the quality is otherwise unknown.

Personnel

   Stewart Bryant is Responsible Area Director.

IESG Note

The IESG has concluded that there is no conflict between this document and IETF work.