Subject: Protocol Action: 'Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCPv4 and DHCPv6) Options for Access Network Discovery and Selection Function(ANDSF) Discovery' to Proposed Standard (draft-das-mipshop-andsf-dhcp-options-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 08:05:26 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCPv4 and DHCPv6) Options for
   Access Network Discovery and Selection Function(ANDSF) Discovery'
  (draft-das-mipshop-andsf-dhcp-options-07.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-das-mipshop-andsf-dhcp-options/

Technical Summary

   This document defines new Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
   (DHCPv4 and DHCPv6) options to enable a mobile node to discover
   Access Network Discovery and Selection Function (ANDSF) entities
   in an IP network. ANDSF is being developed in 3GPP and provides
   inter-system mobility policies and access network specific
   information to the mobile nodes(MNs).

Working Group Summary

   This is a product outside the MIPSHOP WG charter, but was reviewed
   in MIPSHOP due to processing a similar document earlier. The
   specification is a request from the 3GPP to provide a DHCP
   discovery mechanism for their configuration tool, ANDSF.

Document Quality

   This document has been reviewed in 3GPP, MIPSHOP WG, and DHC WG.

Personnel

   Vijay Devarapalli is the Document Shepherd, and Jari Arkko
   is the responsible Area Director.