Subject: WG Action: Conclusion of Calendaring and Scheduling Standards Simplification (calsify)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 09:47:27 -0800 (PST)

The Calendaring and Scheduling Standards Simplification (calsify) working
group in the Applications Area has concluded. The IESG contact persons are
Peter Saint-Andre and Alexey Melnikov.

The CALSIFY WG is now closed. The group was chartered to complete
revisions to the core Internet calendaring object specification or
"iCalendar" (RFC 2445), the iCalendar transport-independent
interoperability protocol (RFC 2446), and the iCalendar message-based
interoperability protocol (RFC 2447). With the publication of RFC 5545
and RFC 5546 in 2009, and now RFC 6047 in 2010, the group has achieved
the goals for which it was created.

Thanks to document editors Bernard Desruisseaux, Cyrus Daboo, and Alexey
Melnikov for their work on the specifications, to chairs Aki Niemi
(2005-2009) and Eliot Lear (2006-2010) for leading this group to a
successful conclusion, and to former area director Lisa Dusseault for
her guidance and her early contributions as chair (2005-2006).

The mailing list will remain open and the list archive will be
retained.

- Peter Saint-Andre, Responsible Area Director