Subject: Protocol Action: 'Re-INVITE and Target-refresh Request Handling in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-sipcore-reinvite-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 08:38:23 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Re-INVITE and Target-refresh Request Handling in the Session
   Initiation Protocol (SIP)'
  (draft-ietf-sipcore-reinvite-08.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Session Initiation Protocol Core
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Robert Sparks and Gonzalo Camarillo.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-reinvite/

Technical Summary

In this document, we clarify the handling of re-INVITEs in SIP.
We clarify in which situations a UAS (User Agent Server) should
generate a success response and in which situations a UAS should
generate an error response to a re-INVITE. Additionally, we
clarify issues related to target-refresh requests.

Working Group Summary

There is consensus in the WG to publish this document. A single
WGLC was issued, with minor comments and questions raised and
addressed.

Document Quality

This document is narrowly focused to tighten up behavioral
specification in specific ambiguous cases. It does that well. 

Personnel

The document shepherd is Paul Kyzivat. The responsible AD is Robert Sparks.