Subject: RFC 6076 on Basic Telephony SIP End-to-End Performance Metrics

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 09:51:35 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6076

        Title:      Basic Telephony SIP End-to-End Performance 
                    Metrics 
        Author:     D. Malas, A. Morton
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 61559
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pmol-sip-perf-metrics-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6076.txt

This document defines a set of metrics and their usage to evaluate
the performance of end-to-end Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for
telephony services in both production and testing environments.  The
purpose of this document is to combine a standard set of common
metrics, allowing interoperable performance measurements, easing the
comparison of industry implementations.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Performance Metrics for Other Layers Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC