Subject: RFC 6073 on Segmented Pseudowire

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 12:32:44 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6073

        Title:      Segmented Pseudowire 
        Author:     L. Martini, C. Metz,
                    T. Nadeau, M. Bocci,
                    M. Aissaoui
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      43
        Characters: 102428
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pwe3-segmented-pw-18.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6073.txt

This document describes how to connect pseudowires (PWs) between
different Packet Switched Network (PSN) domains or between two or
more distinct PW control plane domains, where a control plane domain
uses a common control plane protocol or instance of that protocol for
a given PW.  The different PW control plane domains may belong to
independent autonomous systems, or the PSN technology is
heterogeneous, or a PW might need to be aggregated at a specific PSN
point.  The PW packet data units are simply switched from one PW to
another without changing the PW payload.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC