Subject: Protocol Action: 'The use of AES-192 and AES-256 in Secure RTP' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-avt-srtp-big-aes-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 08:39:21 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'The use of AES-192 and AES-256 in Secure RTP'
  (draft-ietf-avt-srtp-big-aes-06.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Robert Sparks and Gonzalo Camarillo.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avt-srtp-big-aes/

Technical Summary

This document describes the use of the Advanced Encryption Standard
(AES) with 192 and 256 bit keys within the Secure RTP protocol.  It
details Counter Mode encryption for SRTP and SRTCP and a new SRTP Key
Derivation Function (KDF) for AES-192 and AES-256.

Working Group Summary

The document achieved consensus in the AVT working group.

Document Quality

David McGrew, Jonathan Lennox (in the the open-source libsrtp project) and
Philip Zimmermann (in libZRTP) have indicated implementations of this
internet-draft. John Mattsson independently verified the tests. 

Personnel

Keith Drage is the document shepherd. Robert Sparks is the responsible AD.