Subject: Document Action: 'MD4 to Historic Status' to Informational RFC (draft-turner-md4-to-historic-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 09:57:57 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'MD4 to Historic Status'
  (draft-turner-md4-to-historic-11.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-turner-md4-to-historic/

        Technical Summary

This document recommends the retirement of MD4 and discusses the
reasons for doing so.  This document lists the RFCs that specified the
use of MD4 and what impact moving MD4 to Historic on these RFCs.

        Working Group Summary

The discussion on the saag and cfrg mailing lists were mostly about
how to deprecate MD4 not whether to do it.  As a result of comments,
the draft was expanded to update the security considerations for MD4.

        Document Quality

Prominent reviewers are noted in the draft's acknowledgment section.

        Personnel

Sean Turner is the Document Shepherd.
Robert Spanks is the Responsible Area Director.