Subject: Protocol Action: 'Moving mailserver: URI scheme to historic' to Proposed Standard (draft-melnikov-mailserver-uri-to-historic-00.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 11:49:48 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Moving mailserver: URI scheme to historic'
  (draft-melnikov-mailserver-uri-to-historic-00.txt) as a Proposed
Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Peter Saint-Andre.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-melnikov-mailserver-uri-to-historic/

Technical Summary

   This document registers the mailserver: URI scheme as 
   historic in the IANA URI registry.

Working Group Summary

   This document is not the product of a working group.

Document Quality

   The document cleans out some cruft in the IANA registry 
   and clarifies possible confusion regarding the mailserver: 
   URI scheme, which was never put into use.  This topic was
   discussed on the URI and Applications Area email lists, and 
   there was wide agreement that this document is helpful.

Personnel

   The Document Shepherd / Responsible Area Director is 
   Peter Saint-Andre.

RFC Editor Note

   Please add the following line to the document header:

      Updates: RFC 1738