Subject: Last Call: <draft-cheshire-dnsext-special-names-01.txt> (Special-Use Domain Names) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 15:00:48 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Special-Use Domain Names'
  <draft-cheshire-dnsext-special-names-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard

   Abstract

   This document describes what it means to say that a DNS name is
   reserved for special use, when reserving such a name is appropriate,
   and the procedure for doing so.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-02-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cheshire-dnsext-special-names/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cheshire-dnsext-special-names/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.