Subject: Protocol Action: 'Certificate profile and certificate management for SEND' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-csi-send-cert-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 09:20:31 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Certificate profile and certificate management for SEND'
  (draft-ietf-csi-send-cert-10.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Cga & Send maIntenance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-csi-send-cert/

Technical Summary

   SEcure Neighbor Discovery (SEND) Utilizes X.509v3 certificates for
   performing router authorization. This document specifies a
   certificate profile for SEND based on Resource Certificates along
   with extended key usage values required for SEND. 

Working Group Summary

   Not a controversial document.   

Document Quality

   The document defines the cert profile for SEND certs. The work has
   benefited from the involvement of members of the SIDR WG, notably
   Stephen Kent as well as the SIDR WG chairs at the time the work was
   done, Geoff Huston and Sandy Murphy. 

Personnel

   Marcelo Bagnulo ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd.
   Ralph Droms <[email-masked]> is the responsible AD.