Subject: Re: Informational RFC to be: draft-irtf-mobopts-mpa-framework-08.txt

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 11:39:43 -0800

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'A Framework of
Media-Independent Pre-Authentication (MPA) for Inter- domain Handover
Optimization' <draft-irtf-mobopts-mpa-framework-08.txt> as an
Informational RFC.

The IESG would also like the IRSG to review the comments in
 the datatracker 
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=16400&rfc_flag=0)
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit 
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot 
and the comment log. 

The IESG contact person is Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-mobopts-mpa-framework-08.txt

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html.

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   This document describes Media-independent Pre-Authentication (MPA),
   a new handover optimization mechanism that addresses the issues on
   existing mobility management protocols and mobility optimization
   mechanisms to support inter-domain handover.

Working Group Summary

   This is a submission from the IRTF MOBOPTS RG.

Document Quality

   This is a research document.

Personnel

   The responsible Area Director is Jari Arkko. The MOBOPTS RG chair
   is Rajeev Koodli.

IESG Note

   Per RFC 5742 our recommendation is the following:

   1. The IESG has concluded that there is no conflict between this 
      document and IETF work.