Subject: Re: Informational RFC to be: <draft-zorn-radius-keywrap-18.txt>

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 12:20:12 -0800

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'Cisco Vendor Specific
RADIUS Attributes for the Delivery of Keying Material'
<draft-zorn-radius-keywrap-18.txt> as an Informational RFC.

The IESG would also like the RFC-Editor to review the comments in
the datatracker
(http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zorn-radius-keywrap/) related to
this document and determine whether or not they merit incorporation into
the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot and the comment log.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zorn-radius-keywrap/

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   This document defines a set of vendor specific RADIUS Attributes
   designed to allow both the secure transmission of cryptographic
   keying material and strong authentication of any RADIUS message.
   These attributes have been allocated from the Cisco vendor specific
   space and have been implemented by multiple vendors.

Working Group Summary

  This document is not the result of any IETF Working Group.  It is an
  Independent Stream submission to the RFC Editor.

Protocol Quality

Note to RFC Editor

1. Please include the IESG note below if the document is published as an RFC. 

2. In the Abstract section s/This attributes/These attributes/

IESG Note

      The IESG has concluded that this work is related to IETF work done
      in the RADEXT WG, but this relationship does not prevent publishing.
      The IESG recommends that the RADEXT WG proceeds with the 
      work for an interoperable modern key wrap solution using attributes from
      the standard space as part of its charter.