Subject: RFC 6049 on Spatial Composition of Metrics

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 11:19:54 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6049

        Title:      Spatial Composition of Metrics 
        Author:     A. Morton, E. Stephan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 57486
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ippm-spatial-composition-16.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6049.txt

This memo utilizes IP performance metrics that are applicable to both
complete paths and sub-paths, and it defines relationships to compose
a complete path metric from the sub-path metrics with some accuracy
with regard to the actual metrics.  This is called "spatial
composition" in RFC 2330.  The memo refers to the framework for
metric composition, and provides background and motivation for
combining metrics to derive others.  The descriptions of several
composed metrics and statistics follow.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC