Subject: Document Action: 'The Media Types application/mods+xml, application/mads+xml, application/ mets+xml, application/marcxml+xml, application/sru+xml' to Informational RFC (draft-denenberg-mods-etc-media-types-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 12:42:13 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'The Media Types application/mods+xml, application/mads+xml,
   application/ mets+xml, application/marcxml+xml, application/sru+xml'
  (draft-denenberg-mods-etc-media-types-03.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Alexey Melnikov.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-denenberg-mods-etc-media-types/

Technical Summary

   The Library of Congress, on behalf of and in collaboration with
   various components of the metadata and information retrieval
   community, has issued specifications which define formats for
   representation of various forms of information including metadata
   and search results.
   This memo provides information about the Media Types associated with
   several of these formats, all of which are XML schemas. 

Working Group Summary

   This is not a WG document.

   The document was originally submitted as 4 MIME type registrations
   to [email-masked]. Some reviewers on the mailing list
   convinced the author to post them as an Internet Draft.

Document Quality

   Media Type registrations suggest that multiple implementations of
   the underlying formats already exist.

Personnel

   Alexey Melnikov is the Responsible AD. There is no Document Shepherd.

RFC Editor Note

In Section 9.1:

OLD:
   [SRU-SCHEMA]
              Denenberg, R., "SRU Schema", <http://www.loc.gov/
              standards/sru/oasis/sru-2-0-response.xsd>.

NEW:
   [SRU-SCHEMA]
              Denenberg, R., "SRU Schema", <http://www.loc.gov/
              standards/sru/oasis/schemas/sruResponse.xsd>.