Subject: WG Action: Metric Blocks for use with RTCP's Extended Report Framework (XRBLOCK)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 15:24:22 -0800 (PST)

A new IETF working group has been formed in the Real-time Applications and
Infrastructure Area.  For additional information, please contact the Area
Directors or the WG Chairs.

Metric Blocks for use with RTCP's Extended Report Framework (XRBLOCK)
---------------------------------------------------
Current Status: Active Working Group

Chairs:
  * Roni Even <[email-masked]>
  * Peter Musgrave <[email-masked]>

Real-time Applications and Infrastructure Area Director(s):
  * Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
  * Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>

Real-time Applications and Infrastructure Area Advisor:
  * Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
  General Discussion: [email-masked]
  To Subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xrblock
  Archive: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/xrblock/index.html

Description of Working Group:

RFC3611, "RTP Control Protocol Extended Reports (RTCP XR)" established
a framework to allow new information to be conveyed in RTCP,
supplementing the original report blocks defined in RFC 3550, "RTP: A
Transport Protocol for Real-Time Applications".

The XRBLOCK working group is chartered to work within this framework,
evaluating proposals for report block definitions containing new
metrics. The group will follow the guidelines established in RFC5968,
"Guidelines for Extending the RTP Control Protocol (RTCP)" and RTP
Monitoring Architecture being developed in the AVTCORE working group.
The group will consider the guidelines for performance metric
development currently being discussed in the PMOL working group.

Goals and Milestones:

Mar 2011 Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Measurement Identity
Mar 2011 Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Burst/Gap Discard metric 
         Reporting
Mar 2011 Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Burst/Gap Loss metric Reporting
Jun 2011 Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Concealed Seconds metric 
         Reporting
Jun 2011 Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Delay metric Reporting
Jun 2011 Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Discard metric Reporting
Sep 2011 Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Jitter Buffer Metric Reporting
Sep 2011 Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Loss Concealment metric 
         Reporting
Sep 2011 Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Packet Delay Variation Metric 
         Reporting
Dec 2011 Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Run Length Encodings of 
         Discarded Packets
Dec 2011 Submit RTCP XR Report Block for QoE Metrics 
         Reporting