Subject: RFC 6084 on General Internet Signaling Transport (GIST) over Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) and Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 09:52:07 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6084

        Title:      General Internet Signaling Transport (GIST) 
                    over Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) 
                    and Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) 
        Author:     X. Fu, C. Dickmann,
                    J. Crowcroft
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 27040
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nsis-ntlp-sctp-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6084.txt

The General Internet Signaling Transport (GIST) protocol currently
uses TCP or Transport Layer Security (TLS) over TCP for Connection
mode operation.  This document describes the usage of GIST over the
Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) and Datagram Transport
Layer Security (DTLS).  This document defines an Experimental Protocol
for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC