Subject: Protocol Action: 'Generalized Labels for Lambda-Switching Capable Label Switching Routers' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-g-694-lambda-labels-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 11:18:01 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Generalized Labels for Lambda-Switching Capable Label Switching
   Routers'
  (draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-g-694-lambda-labels-11.txt) as a Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-g-694-lambda-labels/

Technical Summary

  This document is a companion to the Generalized Multi-Protocol Label
  Switching (GMPLS) signaling. [RFC3471] defined that a wavelength label
  (section 3.2.1.1) "only has significance between two neighbors" and
  global wavelength semantics is not considered. In order to facilitate
  interoperability in a network composed of lambda switch-capable 
  equipment, this document defines a standard lambda label format, which
  is compliant with both [G.694.1](DWDM-grid) and [G.694.2](CWDM-grid).

Working Group Summary

  This document received much attention and discussion in its early
  revisions. The document has been largely stable for quite some time,
  mainly needing revisions as part of the publication process.

Document Quality

  There have been no public statements related to intent to implement, but
  the portions of the extensions are now being used as part of the GMPLS
  tool set and are expected to implemented (at least) in those contexts.

  The label format and information have been discussed in depth with ITU-T
  Q6/15 including at a joint meeting.

Personnel

  Lou Berger ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
  Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD.