Subject: RFC 6079 on HIP BONE: Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Based Overlay Networking Environment (BONE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 17:34:27 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6079

        Title:      HIP BONE: Host Identity Protocol 
                    (HIP) Based Overlay Networking Environment (BONE) 
        Author:     G. Camarillo, P. Nikander,
                    J. Hautakorpi, A. Keranen,
                    A. Johnston
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 51013
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-hip-bone-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6079.txt

This document specifies a framework to build HIP-based (Host Identity
Protocol) overlay networks.  This framework uses HIP to perform
connection management.  Other functions, such as data storage and
retrieval or overlay maintenance, are implemented using protocols
other than HIP.  These protocols are loosely referred to as "peer
protocols".  This document defines an Experimental Protocol for 
the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC