Subject: Document Action: 'MPLS Transport Profile User-to-Network and Network-to-Network Interfaces' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-mpls-tp-uni-nni-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 09:23:54 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'MPLS Transport Profile User-to-Network and Network-to-Network
   Interfaces'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-tp-uni-nni-03.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-uni-nni/

Technical Summary

  The transport service interfaces for MPLS-TP are defined in Section
  3.4.3 of [RFC5921].  These definitions are illustrated by showing
  MPLS-TP PEs containing a UNI and an NNI.  The figures illustrate the
  UNI and the NNI as a span.  However, it is more conventional to
  illustrate these interfaces as reference points.  Furthermore, in the
  case of a UNI, it is useful to illustrate the distribution of UNI
  functions between the CE side and the PE side of the UNI (the UNI-C
  and UNI-N).

  This document provides updated illustrations of the MPLS-TP UNI and
  MPLS-TP NNI to show these additional details.  These illustrations
  are intended to obsolete the corresponding ones in [RFC5921].  This
  document also defines additional terminology referenced in the
  illustrations.  No other updates are proposed by this document.

Working Group Summary

  Since the document is an output from the MPLS-TP project it is the 
  joint output of IETF MPLS working group and Qustion 9, 10, 12 and
  14 of ITU-T SG15.

Document Quality

  The document is well reviewed in all the groups mentioned above. 

Personnel

   Loa Andersson ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
   Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD.