Subject: RFC 6013 on TCP Cookie Transactions (TCPCT)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 10:14:53 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6013

        Title:      TCP Cookie Transactions (TCPCT) 
        Author:     W. Simpson
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       January 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 76505
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-simpson-tcpct-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6013.txt

TCP Cookie Transactions (TCPCT) deter spoofing of connections and
prevent resource exhaustion, eliminating Responder (server) state
during the initial handshake.  The Initiator (client) has sole
responsibility for ensuring required delays between connections.  The
cookie exchange may carry data, limited to inhibit amplification and
reflection denial of service attacks.  This document defines an 
Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC