Subject: Protocol Action: 'The LDAP Don&#39; t Use Copy Control' to Proposed Standard (draft-zeilenga-ldap-dontusecopy-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 13:56:54 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'The LDAP Don&#39;t Use Copy Control'
  (draft-zeilenga-ldap-dontusecopy-09.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Alexey Melnikov.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zeilenga-ldap-dontusecopy/

Technical Summary

   This document defines the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)

   Don't Use Copy control extension which allows a client to specify that

   copied information should not be used in providing service.  This
   control is based upon the X.511 dontUseCopy service control option.

Working Group Summary

   This is not a WG document.

Document Quality

   Several LDAP vendors either already support or indicated support
   for this extension.

Personnel

   Alexey Melnikov is the Responsible Area Director.