Subject: Document Action: 'MD2 to Historic Status' to Informational RFC (draft-turner-md2-to-historic-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 12:50:09 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'MD2 to Historic Status'
  (draft-turner-md2-to-historic-10.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-turner-md2-to-historic/

Technical Summary

This document recommends the retirement of MD2 and discusses the
reasons for doing so. This document recommends RFC 1319 be moved to
Historic status.

Working Group Summary

The discussion about this draft was mostly about how to deprecate MD2
not whether to do it. As a result of comments, the draft was expanded
to update the security considerations for MD2.

Document Quality

Prominent reviewers are noted in earlier answers and in the draft's
acknowledgment section.

Personnel

Sean Turner is the Document Shepherd.
Robert Sparks is the Responsible Area Director