Subject: Re: Experimental RFC to be: draft-templin-iron-17.txt

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 11:15:42 -0800

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'The Internet Routing
Overlay Network (IRON)' <draft-templin-iron-17.txt> as an Experimental
RFC.

The IESG would also like the IRSG to review the comments in 
the datatracker 
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=19595&rfc_flag=0)
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit 
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot 
and the comment log. 

The IESG contact person is Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-iron-17.txt

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html.

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   This is a description of the IRON mechanism that
   addresses routing scalability concerns in the Internet.

Working Group Summary

   This is an independent submission via the RFC Editor,
   but has been discussed in the IRTF Routing Research Group.

Document Quality

   n.a.

Personnel

   The Document Shepherd is Tony Li and the responsible
   Area Director is Jari Arkko.

IESG Note

  Per RFC 5742 our recommendation is the following for version -16
  of this draft:

  1. The IESG has concluded that there is no conflict between this
      document and IETF work.

  However, we understand that the IRTF is considering whether they
  want to make further versions of the draft in order to introduce
  some changes. The IESG is fine with this version of the draft but
  we ask that if substantial changes are made then another IESG
  review is initiated.

---

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 11:49:47 -0800

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

Working Group Summary

Document Quality

   n.a.

Personnel

IESG Note

  Per RFC 5742 our recommendation is the following for version -17
  of this draft: