Subject: RFC 6070 on PKCS #5: Password-Based Key Derivation Function 2 (PBKDF2) Test Vectors

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 11:07:53 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6070

        Title:      PKCS #5: Password-Based Key Derivation 
                    Function 2 (PBKDF2) Test Vectors 
        Author:     S. Josefsson
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 7334
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-josefsson-pbkdf2-test-vectors-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6070.txt

This document contains test vectors for the Public-Key Cryptography
Standards (PKCS) #5 Password-Based Key Derivation Function 2 (PBKDF2)
with the Hash-based Message Authentication Code (HMAC) Secure Hash
Algorithm (SHA-1) pseudorandom function.  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC