Subject: Document Action: 'URI Scheme for Java(tm) Message Service 1.0' to Informational RFC (draft-merrick-jms-uri-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 16:44:57 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'URI Scheme for Java(tm) Message Service 1.0'
  (draft-merrick-jms-uri-12.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Alexey Melnikov.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-merrick-jms-uri/

Technical Summary

  This document defines the format of Uniform Resource Identifiers
   (URI) as defined in [RFC3986], for designating connections and
   destination addresses used in the Java Messaging Service (JMS).
   It was originally designed for particular uses, but
   applies generally wherever a JMS URI is needed to describe the
   connection to a JMS provider, and access to a JMS destination.  The
   syntax of this 'jms' URI is not compatible with any known current
   vendor implementation, but the expressivity of the format should
   permit all vendors to use it.

Working Group Summary

   This is not a WG document.

Document Quality

   The document had 2 reviews from the Apps Review team
   and most of the comments were addressed, although reviewers
   have disagreed with authors on some philosophical points.
   The document was also discussed on the [email-masked]
   mailing list.

   Several vendors are planning to implement this specification.

Personnel

   Alexey Melnikov is the Responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

Please replace the 3rd paragraph of Section 9.2.3 with the following 2 paragraphs:

OLD:
    JMS URI variant registrations cannot be deleted; mechanisms that are	
    no longer believed appropriate for use can be marked as obsolete in	
    the Comment field.	

NEW:
    JMS URI variant registrations MUST NOT be deleted; mechanisms that are	
    no longer believed appropriate for use can be marked as obsolete in	
    the Comment field.	

    In exceptional circumstances IESG can reassign responsibility for a JMS URI variant.