Subject: Document Action: 'Guidelines for Using IPv6 Transition Mechanisms during IPv6 Deployment' to Informational RFC (draft-arkko-ipv6-transition-guidelines-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 09:31:02 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Guidelines for Using IPv6 Transition Mechanisms during IPv6
Deployment'
  (draft-arkko-ipv6-transition-guidelines-14.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-arkko-ipv6-transition-guidelines/

Technical Summary 

As the date of IANA depletion for the IPv4 pool draws closer, the
interest in IPv6 deployment at network operators are increasing. However,
there are a lot of new expertise needed, as well as deployment scenarios
and associated choices when it comes to transitioning technologies. This
document outlines some of the common deployment situations and strategies
for choosing the right tools. The document also outlines some
recommendations for common deployment models of transition technologies. 

Working Group Summary 

The working group reviewed and discussed the draft. There was a point of
rough consensus, but in general respondents said the document was
relevant, useful, and appropriate.

Document Quality 

The document is readable to a native speaker of English. 

Personnel

Kurt Lindqvist is document Shepherd.