Subject: RFC 6105 on IPv6 Router Advertisement Guard

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 17:00:03 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6105

        Title:      IPv6 Router Advertisement Guard 
        Author:     E. Levy-Abegnoli, G. Van de Velde,
                    C. Popoviciu, J. Mohacsi
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 20817
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-ra-guard-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6105.txt

Routed protocols are often susceptible to spoof attacks.  The
canonical solution for IPv6 is Secure Neighbor Discovery (SEND), a
solution that is non-trivial to deploy.  This document proposes a
light-weight alternative and complement to SEND based on filtering in
the layer-2 network fabric, using a variety of filtering criteria,
including, for example, SEND status.  This document is not an Internet
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC