Subject: RFC 6072 on Certificate Management Service for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 11:41:55 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6072

        Title:      Certificate Management Service for the 
                    Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     C. Jennings, J. Fischl, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 69071
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sip-certs-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6072.txt

This document defines a credential service that allows Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP) User Agents (UAs) to use a SIP event
package to discover the certificates of other users.  This mechanism
allows User Agents that want to contact a given Address-of-Record
(AOR) to retrieve that AOR's certificate by subscribing to the
credential service, which returns an authenticated response
containing that certificate.  The credential service also allows
users to store and retrieve their own certificates and private keys. 
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC