Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-geopriv-rfc3825bis-16.txt> (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Options for Coordinate-based Location Configuration Information) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 14:19:20 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Geographic Location/Privacy WG
(geopriv) to consider the following document:
- 'Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Options for Coordinate-based
   Location Configuration Information'
  <draft-ietf-geopriv-rfc3825bis-16.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This is the 2nd IETF LC for this document focusing on changes resulting from IESG review.
The first last call was on version -12 of the document.
IESG review resulted in these substantial changes:
  - The document will obsolete RFC3825
  - Option code 123 is defined in this document
  - The document defines a new option code instead of extending the behavior of code 123

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-02-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Options
   (both DHCPv4 and DHCPv6) for the coordinate-based geographic location
   of the client.  The Location Configuration Information (LCI) includes
   Latitude, Longitude, and Altitude, with resolution or uncertainty
   indicators for each.  Separate parameters indicate the reference
   datum for each of these values.  This document obsoletes RFC 3825.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-rfc3825bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-rfc3825bis/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.