Subject: RFC 6097 on Local Mobility Anchor (LMA) Discovery for Proxy Mobile IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 16:03:57 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6097

        Title:      Local Mobility Anchor (LMA) Discovery 
                    for Proxy Mobile IPv6 
        Author:     J. Korhonen, V. Devarapalli
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 21682
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netlmm-lma-discovery-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6097.txt

Large Proxy Mobile IPv6 deployments would benefit from a
functionality where a Mobile Access Gateway could dynamically
discover a Local Mobility Anchor for a Mobile Node attaching to a
Proxy Mobile IPv6 domain.  The purpose of the dynamic discovery
functionality is to reduce the amount of static configuration in the
Mobile Access Gateway.  This document describes several possible
dynamic Local Mobility Anchor discovery solutions.  This document 
is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Network-based Localized Mobility Management Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC