Subject: Re: Informational RFC to be: <draft-irtf-dtnrg-sdnv-08.txt>

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 14:57:40 -0800

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'Using Self-Delimiting
Numeric Values in Protocols' <draft-irtf-dtnrg-sdnv-08.txt> as an
Informational RFC.

The IESG would also like the IRSG to review the comments in
the datatracker (http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-dtnrg-sdnv/)
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot
and the comment log.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-dtnrg-sdnv/

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   Self-Delimiting Numeric Values (SDNVs) have recently been introduced
   as a field type in proposed Delay-Tolerant Networking protocols.
   SDNVs encode an arbitrary-length non-negative integer or arbitrary-
   length bit-string with minimum overhead.  They are intended to
   provide protocol flexibility without sacrificing economy, and to
   assist in future-proofing protocols under development.  This document
   describes formats and algorithms for SDNV encoding and decoding,
   along with notes on implementation and usage.  This document is a
   product of the Delay Tolerant Networking Research Group and has been
   reviewed by that group.  No objections to its publication as an RFC
   were raised.

Working Group Summary

   This document is a product of the dtn Research Group of the IRTF.

Document Quality

   This document is a research publication of the IRTF.

Personnel

   Ralph Droms <[email-masked]> is the responsible Area Director.

IESG Note

 The IESG has not found any reason to prevent the publication of this document.

  1. The IESG has concluded that there is no conflict between this
     document and IETF work.