Subject: RFC 6115 on Recommendation for a Routing Architecture

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 10:58:32 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6115

        Title:      Recommendation for a Routing Architecture 
        Author:     T. Li, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       February 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      73
        Characters: 178526
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-rrg-recommendation-16.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6115.txt

It is commonly recognized that the Internet routing and addressing
architecture is facing challenges in scalability, multihoming, and
inter-domain traffic engineering.  This document presents, as a
recommendation of future directions for the IETF, solutions that
could aid the future scalability of the Internet.  To this end, this
document surveys many of the proposals that were brought forward for
discussion in this activity, as well as some of the subsequent
analysis and the architectural recommendation of the chairs.  This
document is a product of the Routing Research Group.  This document 
is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the IRTF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC