Subject: ISOC BoT: Call for Nominations

From: IAB Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 20:55:42 +0100

L.S.

The Internet Society (ISOC) provides organizational and financial
support for the IETF. As part of the arrangements between ISOC and the
IETF, the IETF is called upon to name 3 Trustees to its Board (BoT),
with staggered 3 year terms. This requires that the IETF select one
Trustee each year.

This year, the IAB will select one person for a term ending in mid
2014.

A description of the IAB's process for selecting the Trustee each year
can be found in RFC3677.

* Feb 1              : Open nomination period

* February 28        : Close of the nomination period

* April 7 or before  : IAB selection delivered to IESG for confirmation

* May 18 or before   : Delivery of final confirmed selection to the ISOC
                       Elections Committee for announcement with the rest
                       of the new ISOC BoT slate.

Nominations
-----------

Nominations (including self-nominations) should be sent to the 
IAB chair-- [email-masked]. 

Please include e-mail contact details with the nomination.

Nomination Details
-----------------

Nominees should be aware that ISOC Trustees are elected to three
year terms with approximately one third of the Board of Trustees
elected each year. The responsibilities of a Trustee include fiscal
management of the Internet Society, fundraising, and participation
in 3 physical Board meetings plus 3 conference-call meetings per
year.  The desirable characteristics of a candidate that are specific
to the IETF-selected ISOC BoT member are outlined in section 2 of
RFC 3677.

Nominees will be asked to provide to the IAB:

1. Confirmation of their willingness to be considered within this
   process.

2. Full name and contact information.

3. A statement confirming willingness and ability to devote an
   appropriate level of time to activities associated with the
   position of Trustee.

4. A brief biography outlining experience and background.

5. A statement of interests, concerns about the Internet Society,
   goals as a Trustee and motivation to serve as a Trustee.

6. Any further information that is relevant to the work of the IAB
   in considering your nomination.

Time Commitment
---------------

Trustees are expected to commit the time necessary to perform regular
Board 
and committee business. Trustees are also expected to allocate some time 
to attend and prepare for meetings. The ISOC Board of Trustees holds three
physical meetings and two 2-hour teleconference meetings annually.

Care of Personal Information
----------------------------

The following procedures will be used by the IAB in managing this
process:

- The candidate's name will be published, with all other
  candidate names, at the close of the nominations period

- Excerpts of the information provided to the IAB by the
  nominated candidate will be passed to the IESG as part of the
  confirmation process. The IESG will be requested to maintain
  confidentiality of the candidate's information

- Except as noted above, all information provided to the IAB
  during this process will be kept confidential to the IAB.

Current IETF-Selected Trustees
-------------------------------

The current IETF-Selected ISOC Trustees and their term of
appointment are:

-  Bert Wijnen            2008 - 2011
-  Eric Burger            2009 - 2012
-  Bob Hinden             2010 - 2013

-- Olaf Kolkman
   IAB Chair.

-----------------------------------
The Internet Architecture Board
www.iab.org
[email-masked]