Subject: RFC 6077 on Open Research Issues in Internet Congestion Control

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 20:03:07 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6077

        Title:      Open Research Issues in Internet 
                    Congestion Control 
        Author:     D. Papadimitriou, Ed.,
                    M. Welzl, M. Scharf,
                    B. Briscoe
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       February 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      51
        Characters: 130169
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-iccrg-welzl-congestion-control-open-research-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6077.txt

This document describes some of the open problems in Internet
congestion control that are known today.  This includes several new
challenges that are becoming important as the network grows, as well
as some issues that have been known for many years.  These challenges
are generally considered to be open research topics that may require
more study or application of innovative techniques before
Internet-scale solutions can be confidently engineered and deployed.  
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the IRTF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC