Subject: RFC 6135 on An Alternative Connection Model for the Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 10:00:26 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6135

        Title:      An Alternative Connection Model for 
                    the Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP) 
        Author:     C. Holmberg, S. Blau
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 17262
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-simple-msrp-acm-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6135.txt

This document defines an alternative connection model for Message
Session Relay Protocol (MSRP) User Agents (UAs); this model uses the
connection-oriented media (COMEDIA) mechanism in order to create the
MSRP transport connection.  The model allows MSRP UAs behind Network
Address Translators (NATs) to negotiate which endpoint initiates the
establishment of the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) connection,
in order for MSRP messages to traverse the NAT.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC