Subject: Last Call: <draft-mrw-nat66-07.txt> (IPv6-to-IPv6 Network Prefix Translation) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 14:00:43 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'IPv6-to-IPv6 Network Prefix Translation'
  <draft-mrw-nat66-07.txt> as an Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-03-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mrw-nat66/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mrw-nat66/

Abstract

   This document describes a stateless, transport-agnostic IPv6-to-IPv6
   Network Prefix Translation (NPTv6) function that provides the address
   independence benefit associated with IPv4-to-IPv4 NAT (NAT44), and in
   addition provides a 1:1 relationship between addresses in the
   "inside" and "outside" prefixes, preserving end to end reachability
   at the network layer.

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.