Subject: Protocol Action: 'Using 127-bit IPv6 Prefixes on Inter-Router Links' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-6man-prefixlen-p2p-01.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 12:22:57 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Using 127-bit IPv6 Prefixes on Inter-Router Links'
  (draft-ietf-6man-prefixlen-p2p-01.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-prefixlen-p2p/

Technical Summary

   This document defines the use of 127-bit IPv6 prefixes on 
   inter-router point-to-point links.  This is similar to current
   practice in IPv4 of using 31-bit prefixes as defined in RFC3021.
   This document specifies the reasons and motivation to use 127-bit
   IPv6 prefixes on inter-router point-to-point links, and requires
   that routers must support the assignment of /127 prefixes on
   point-to-point inter-router links.

Working Group Summary
   
   The working group reviewed and discussed this document several
   times. The draft has significantly improved from earlier versions
   and there is a consensus to move the document forward in it's
   current form.

Document Quality

   This document has been reviewed by key members of the 6MAN working
   group and the chairs, and corresponds to widely used practice on
   the Internet.

Personnel

   Bob Hinden is the Document Shepherd and Jari Arkko is the
   responsible Area Director.