Subject: RFC 6090 on Fundamental Elliptic Curve Cryptography Algorithms

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 20:03:26 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6090

        Title:      Fundamental Elliptic Curve Cryptography Algorithms 
        Author:     D. McGrew, K. Igoe,
                    M. Salter
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      34
        Characters: 75993
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-mcgrew-fundamental-ecc-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6090.txt

This note describes the fundamental algorithms of Elliptic Curve
Cryptography (ECC) as they were defined in some seminal references
from 1994 and earlier.  These descriptions may be useful for
implementing the fundamental algorithms without using any of the
specialized methods that were developed in following years.  Only
elliptic curves defined over fields of characteristic greater than
three are in scope; these curves are those used in Suite B.
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC