Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-v6-in-mobile-networks-03.txt> (Mobile Networks Considerations for IPv6 Deployment) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 08:42:32 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Operations WG (v6ops) to
consider the following document:
- 'Mobile Networks Considerations for IPv6 Deployment'
  <draft-ietf-v6ops-v6-in-mobile-networks-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-02-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-v6-in-mobile-networks/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-v6-in-mobile-networks/

Abstract

   Mobile Internet access from smartphones and other mobile devices is
   accelerating the exhaustion of IPv4 addresses.  IPv6 is widely seen
   as crucial for the continued operation and growth of the Internet,
   and in particular, it is critical in mobile networks.  This document
   discusses the issues that arise when deploying IPv6 in mobile
   networks.  Hence, this document can be a useful reference for service
   providers and network designers.

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.