Subject: Re: Experimental RFC to be: <draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-security-17.txt>

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 15:08:54 -0800

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'Bundle Security Protocol
Specification' <draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-security-17.txt> as an
Experimental RFC.

The IESG would also like the IRSG to review the comments in
the datatracker
(http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-security/)
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot
and the comment log.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-security/

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   This document defines the bundle security protocol, which provides
   data integrity and confidentiality services for the bundle protocol.
   Separate capabilities are provided to protect the bundle payload and
   additional data that may be included within the bundle.  We also
   describe various bundle security considerations including policy
   options.

Working Group Summary

   This is a submission from the IRTF Delay-Tolerant Networking
   Research Group (DTNRG).

Document Quality

   This is a research document.

Personnel

   The responsible area director is Sean Turner.
   The DTNRG chairs are Kevin Fall and Stephen Farrell.

RFC Editor Note

     Per RFC 5742 our recommendation is the following:

   1. The IESG has concluded that there is no conflict between this 
      document and IETF work.