Subject: Re: Experimental RFC to be: <draft-irtf-dtnrg-cbhe-08.txt>

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 15:11:23 -0800

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'Compressed Bundle Header
Encoding (CBHE)' <draft-irtf-dtnrg-cbhe-08.txt> as an Experimental RFC.

The IESG would also like the IRSG to review the comments in
the datatracker (http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-dtnrg-cbhe/)
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot
and the comment log.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-dtnrg-cbhe/

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   This document describes a convention by which Delay-Tolerant
   Networking (DTN) Bundle Protocol (BP) "convergence-layer" adapters
   may represent endpoint identifiers in a compressed form within the
   primary blocks of bundles, provided those endpoint identifiers
   conform to the structure prescribed by this convention.

   CBHE compression is a convergence-layer adaptation.  It is opaque to
   bundle processing.  It therefore has no impact on the
   interoperability of different Bundle Protocol implementations, but
   instead affects only the interoperability of different convergence
   layer adaptation implementations.

   This document is a product of the Delay Tolerant Networking Research
   Group and has been reviewed by that group.  No objections to its
   publication as an RFC were raised.

Working Group Summary

   This document is a product of the dtn Research Group of the IRTF.

Document Quality

   This document is a research publication of the IRTF.

Personnel

   Ron Bonica <[email-masked]> is the responsible Area Director.

IESG Note

    1. The IESG has concluded that there is no conflict between this
      document and IETF work.