Subject: Protocol Action: 'Negotiation of Generic Image Attributes in SDP' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mmusic-image-attributes-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 07:20:41 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Negotiation of Generic Image Attributes in SDP'
  (draft-ietf-mmusic-image-attributes-11.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Robert Sparks and Gonzalo Camarillo.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-image-attributes/

Technical Summary

This document proposes a new generic session set up attribute to make
it possible to negotiate different image attributes such as image
size. A possible use case is to make it possible for a low-end hand-
held terminal to display video without the need to rescale the image,
something that may consume large amounts of memory and processing
power. The draft also helps to maintain an optimal bitrate for video
as only the image size that is desired by the receiver is
transmitted.

Working Group Summary

Work on this document was initiated to satisfy 3GPP requirements.
It benefited from comments on and off the list before going to WGLC,
and attracted a number of comments during WGLC.

Document Quality

3GPP confirmed that the emerging document met their requirements,
and its content has been taken up into their specifications. 

Personnel

Tom Taylor is the Document Shepherd.
Robert Sparks is the responsible Area Director.