Subject: RFC 6137 on The Network Trouble Ticket Data Model (NTTDM)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 18:20:07 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6137

        Title:      The Network Trouble Ticket Data 
                    Model (NTTDM) 
        Author:     D. Zisiadis, Ed.,
                    S. Kopsidas, Ed.,
                    M. Tsavli, Ed.,
                    G. Cessieux, Ed.
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       February 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      46
        Characters: 83462
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-dzis-nwg-nttdm-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6137.txt

Handling multiple sets of network trouble tickets (TTs) originating
from different participants' inter-connected network environments
poses a series of challenges for the involved institutions.  A Grid
is a good example of such a multi-domain project.  Each of the
participants follows different procedures for handling trouble in its
domain, according to the local technical and linguistic profile.  The
TT systems of the participants collect, represent, and disseminate TT
information in different formats.

As a result, management of the daily workload by a central Network
Operation Centre (NOC) is a challenge on its own.  Normalization of
TTs to a common format at the central NOC can ease presentation,
storing, and handling of the TTs.  In the present document, we
provide a model for automating the collection and normalization of
the TT received by multiple networks forming the Grid.  Each of the
participants is using its home TT system within its domain for
handling trouble incidents, whereas the central NOC is gathering the
tickets in the normalized format for repository and handling.  XML is
used as the common representation language.  The model was defined
and used as part of the networking support activity of the EGEE
(Enabling Grids for E-sciencE) project.  This document defines an 
Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC