Subject: RFC 6153 on DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 Options for Access Network Discovery and Selection Function (ANDSF) Discovery

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 18:49:23 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6153

        Title:      DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 Options for 
                    Access Network Discovery and Selection Function 
                    (ANDSF) Discovery 
        Author:     S. Das, G. Bajko
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 13420
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-das-mipshop-andsf-dhcp-options-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6153.txt

This document defines new Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
(DHCPv4 and DHCPv6) options to enable a mobile node to discover
Access Network Discovery and Selection Function (ANDSF) entities
in an IP network.  ANDSF is being developed in the Third Generation
Partnership Project (3GPP) and provides inter-system mobility policies and
access-network-specific information to the mobile nodes (MNs).
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC