Subject: Document Action: 'Operations, Administration and Maintenance Framework for MPLS-based Transport Networks' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-framework-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 11:46:55 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Operations, Administration and Maintenance Framework for MPLS-based
   Transport Networks'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-framework-11.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-framework/

Technical Summary

  This MPLS-TP OAM Framework defines the mechanisms and procedures for
  alarm, fault, performance and protection-switching management for
  an MPLS based packet transport applications.

  Care has been taken to make sure the OAM for MPLS based packet transport
  networks is backwards compatible with existing MPLS OAM tools, New OAM
  mechanisms have only been defined when existing mechanisms are not sufficient
  to meet the MPLS-TP requirements.

  This document includes a comprehensive set of OAM procedures that
  satisfy the requirements mentioned above. The docement defines a
  set of functions that has great affinity with comparable functions
  in existing transport networks, e.g. SONET/SDH and OTN.

  The MPLS-TP OAM framework discusses mechanisms that are applicable
  to LSPs and/or (MS-)PWs. Co-routed and associated bidirectional p2p transport
  paths as well as unidirectional p2p and p2mp transport paths are within
  scope of the document.

Working Group Summary

  Since the document is an output from the MPLS-TP project it is the 
  joint output of several IETF working groups and Qustion 9, 10, 12 and
  14 of ITU-T SG15.

Document Quality

  The document is well reviewed in all the groups mentioned above

Personnel
   
  Loa Andersson ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd
  Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the responsible AD