Subject: Re: Informational RFC to be: <draft-irtf-rrg-design-goals-06.txt>

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 15:16:01 -0800

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'Design Goals for
Scalable Internet Routing' <draft-irtf-rrg-design-goals-06.txt> as an
Informational RFC.

The IESG would also like the IRSG to review the comments in
the datatracker
(http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-rrg-design-goals/) related to
this document and determine whether or not they merit incorporation into
the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot and the comment log.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-rrg-design-goals/

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   It is commonly recognized that the Internet routing and addressing
   architecture is facing challenges in scalability, mobility, multi-
   homing, and inter-domain traffic engineering.  The Routing Research
   Group is investigating an alternate architecture to meet these
   challenges.  This document consists of a prioritized list of design
   goals for the target architecture.

Working Group Summary

   This is a submission from the RRG group at the IRTF. 

Document Quality

   This is a research group output document.

Personnel

   The responsible area director is Jari Arkko.

IESG Note

  The IESG has not found any reason to prevent the publication of this document.

   2. The IESG has concluded that this work is related to IETF work done
      in the LISP, IDR and GROW working groups, but this relationship does
      not prevent publishing.