Subject: RFC 6124 on An EAP Authentication Method Based on the Encrypted Key Exchange (EKE) Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 10:58:46 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6124

        Title:      An EAP Authentication Method Based 
                    on the Encrypted Key Exchange (EKE) 
                    Protocol 
        Author:     Y. Sheffer, G. Zorn,
                    H. Tschofenig, S. Fluhrer
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      33
        Characters: 71706
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-sheffer-emu-eap-eke-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6124.txt

The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) describes a framework
that allows the use of multiple authentication mechanisms.  This
document defines an authentication mechanism for EAP called EAP-EKE,
based on the Encrypted Key Exchange (EKE) protocol.  This method
provides mutual authentication through the use of a short, easy to
remember password.  Compared with other common authentication
methods, EAP-EKE is not susceptible to dictionary attacks.  Neither
does it require the availability of public-key certificates.  
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC