Subject: Re: Informational RFC to be: <draft-irtf-dtnrg-iana-bp-registries-01.txt>

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 15:13:36 -0800

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'Delay-Tolerant Networks
(DTN) Bundle Protocol IANA Registries'
<draft-irtf-dtnrg-iana-bp-registries-01.txt> as an Informational RFC.

The IESG would also like the IRSG to review the comments in
the datatracker
(http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-dtnrg-iana-bp-registries/)
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot
and the comment log.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-dtnrg-iana-bp-registries/

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   The DTNRG research group has defined many protocols such as Bundle
   Protocol and Licklider.  The specifications of these protocols
   contain fields that are subject to a registry.  For the purpose of
   its research work, the group created adhoc registries.  As the
   specifications are stable and have multiple interoperable
   implementations, the group would like to handoff the registries to
   IANA for official custidy.  This document describes the actions
   needed to be executed by IANA.

Working Group Summary

   This a document from the DTNRG research group.

Document Quality

   This is an IRTF document.

Personnel

   The responsible area director is Jari Arkko.

RFC Editor Note

   1. The IESG has concluded that there is no conflict between this
      document and IETF work.