Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-payload-rfc4695-bis-01.txt> (RTP Payload Format for MIDI) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 07:36:50 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Payloads
WG (payload) to consider the following document:
- 'RTP Payload Format for MIDI'
  <draft-ietf-payload-rfc4695-bis-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-02-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo describes a Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) payload
   format for the MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) command
   language.  The format encodes all commands that may legally appear on
   a MIDI 1.0 DIN cable.  The format is suitable for interactive
   applications (such as network musical performance) and content-
   delivery applications (such as file streaming).  The format may be
   used over unicast and multicast UDP and TCP, and it defines tools for
   graceful recovery from packet loss.  Stream behavior, including the
   MIDI rendering method, may be customized during session setup.  The
   format also serves as a mode for the mpeg4-generic format, to support
   the MPEG 4 Audio Object Types for General MIDI, Downloadable Sounds
   Level 2, and Structured Audio.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-rfc4695-bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-rfc4695-bis/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.