Subject: Protocol Action: 'A Registry for PIM Message Types' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pim-registry-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 11:24:59 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A Registry for PIM Message Types'
  (draft-ietf-pim-registry-04.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Protocol Independent Multicast
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-registry/

Technical Summary

   This document provides instructions to IANA for the creation of a
   registry for PIM message types.  It specifies initial content of the
   registry based on existing RFCs specifying PIM message types.  It
   also specifies a procedure for registering new types.

   In addition to this, one message type is reserved, and may be used
   for a future extension of the message type space.

Working Group Summary

   This draft is the product of the PIM WG where it has been
   reviewed.

Document Quality

    This document creates an IANA registry and requires no
    implementation. The codepoints allocated are already in
    use in existing RFCs. A number of minor comments were
    raised in IETF last call and Directorate reviews - these were
    addressed in a new revision.

Personnel

   Mike McBride ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
   Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD.