Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sipping-nat-scenarios-15.txt> (Best Current Practices for NAT Traversal for Client-Server SIP) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 14:32:53 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Best Current Practices for NAT Traversal for Client-Server SIP'
  <draft-ietf-sipping-nat-scenarios-15.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-03-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Traversal of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the sessions
   it establishes through Network Address Translators (NATs) is a
   complex problem.  Currently there are many deployment scenarios and
   traversal mechanisms for media traffic.  This document provides
   concrete recommendations and a unified method for NAT traversal as
   well as documenting corresponding flows.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipping-nat-scenarios/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipping-nat-scenarios/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.