Subject: Document Action: 'Security Considerations for the SHA-0 and SHA-1 Message-Digest Algorithms' to Informational RFC (draft-turner-sha0-sha1-seccon-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 11:42:41 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Security Considerations for the SHA-0 and SHA-1 Message-Digest
   Algorithms'
  (draft-turner-sha0-sha1-seccon-05.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Peter Saint-Andre.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-turner-sha0-sha1-seccon/

Technical Summary

   This document provides security considerations and guidance 
   regarding the SHA-0 and SHA-1 message digest algorithms.

Working Group Summary

   This document is not the product of a working group. 

Document Quality

   The document summarizes issues with the SHA-0 and SHA-1
   that are familiar from the security literature.  In addition, it has
   received discussion during IETF Last Call and a review from the
   General Area Review Team.  The document is deemed of good
   quality.

Personnel

   The Document Shepherd / Responsible Area Director is
   Peter Saint-Andre.