Subject: Re: Experimental RFC to be: <draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-metadata-block-10.txt>

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 14:35:59 -0800

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'Delay-Tolerant
Networking Metadata Extension Block'
<draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-metadata-block-10.txt> as an Experimental RFC.

The IESG would also like the IRSG to review the comments in
the datatracker
(http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-metadata-block/)
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot
and the comment log.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-metadata-block/

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   This document defines an extension block that may be used with the
   DTN Bundle Protocol.  This Metadata Extension Block is designed to
   carry additional information that DTN nodes can use to make
   processing decisions regarding bundles, such as deciding whether to
   store a bundle or determining to which nodes to forward a bundle.
   The metadata that is carried in a metadata block must be formatted
   according to the metadata type that is identified in the block's
   metadata type field.  One specific metadata type, for carrying URIs
   as metadata, is defined in this document.  Other metadata types may
   be defined in separate documents.

Working Group Summary

   This document is the product of the IRTF Delay-Tolerant 
   Networking Research Group (DTNRG).

Document Quality

   This is a research document produced by the IRTF.

Personnel

   The Document Shepherd is Elwyn Davies. The Responsible 
   Area Director is Peter Saint-Andre.

IESG Note

  1. The IESG has concluded that there is no conflict between this
     document and IETF work.