Subject: RFC 6123 on Inclusion of Manageability Sections in Path Computation Element (PCE) Working Group Drafts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 20:04:46 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6123

        Title:      Inclusion of Manageability Sections in 
                    Path Computation Element (PCE) Working Group 
                    Drafts 
        Author:     A. Farrel
        Status:     Historic
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 28277
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-manageability-requirements-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6123.txt

It has often been the case that manageability considerations have
been retrofitted to protocols after they have been specified,
standardized, implemented, or deployed.  This is sub-optimal.
Similarly, new protocols or protocol extensions are frequently
designed without due consideration of manageability requirements.

The Operations Area has developed "Guidelines for Considering
Operations and Management of New Protocols and Protocol Extensions"
(RFC 5706), and those guidelines have been adopted by the Path Computation
Element (PCE) Working Group.

Previously, the PCE Working Group used the recommendations contained
in this document to guide authors of Internet-Drafts on the contents
of "Manageability Considerations" sections in their work.  This
document is retained for historic reference.  This document 
defines a Historic Document for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

HISTORIC: This memo defines a Historic Document for the Internet
community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC