Subject: RFC 5981 on Authorization for NSIS Signaling Layer Protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 16:03:45 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5981

        Title:      Authorization for NSIS Signaling Layer 
                    Protocols 
        Author:     J. Manner, M. Stiemerling,
                    H. Tschofenig, R. Bless, Ed.
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 82427
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nsis-nslp-auth-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5981.txt

Signaling layer protocols specified within the Next Steps in
Signaling (NSIS) framework may rely on the General Internet Signaling
Transport (GIST) protocol to handle authorization.  Still, the
signaling layer protocol above GIST itself may require separate
authorization to be performed when a node receives a request for a
certain kind of service or resources.  This document presents a
generic model and object formats for session authorization within the
NSIS signaling layer protocols.  The goal of session authorization is
to allow the exchange of information between network elements in
order to authorize the use of resources for a service and to
coordinate actions between the signaling and transport planes.
This document defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet
community.

This document is a product of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC