Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mboned-addrarch-07.txt> (Overview of the Internet Multicast Addressing Architecture) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 11:27:25 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the MBONE Deployment WG (mboned) to
consider the following document:
- 'Overview of the Internet Multicast Addressing Architecture'
  <draft-ietf-mboned-addrarch-07.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-03-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mboned-addrarch/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mboned-addrarch/

Abstract

   The lack of up-to-date documentation on IP multicast address
   allocation and assignment procedures has caused a great deal of
   confusion.  To clarify the situation, this memo describes the
   allocation and assignment techniques and mechanisms currently (as of
   this writing) in use.

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.