Subject: RFC 6125 on Representation and Verification of Domain-Based Application Service Identity within Internet Public Key Infrastructure Using X.509 (PKIX) Certificates in the Context of Transport Layer Security (TLS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 15:33:53 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6125

        Title:      Representation and Verification of Domain-Based 
                    Application Service Identity within Internet Public 
                    Key Infrastructure Using X.509 (PKIX) Certificates 
                    in the Context of Transport Layer 
                    Security (TLS) 
        Author:     P. Saint-Andre, J. Hodges
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      57
        Characters: 136507
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-saintandre-tls-server-id-check-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6125.txt

Many application technologies enable secure communication between two
entities by means of Internet Public Key Infrastructure Using X.509
(PKIX) certificates in the context of Transport Layer Security (TLS).
This document specifies procedures for representing and verifying the
identity of application services in such interactions.  
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC