Subject: RFC 6121 on Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Instant Messaging and Presence

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 15:33:14 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6121

        Title:      Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol 
                    (XMPP): Instant Messaging and Presence 
        Author:     P. Saint-Andre
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      114
        Characters: 244800
        Obsoletes:  RFC3921

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-xmpp-3921bis-20.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6121.txt

This document defines extensions to core features of the Extensible
Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) that provide basic instant
messaging (IM) and presence functionality in conformance with the
requirements in RFC 2779.  This document obsoletes RFC 3921. 
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC