Subject: Document Action: 'MIKEY-IBAKE: Identity-Based Mode of Key Distribution in Multimedia Internet KEYing (MIKEY)' to Informational RFC (draft-cakulev-mikey-ibake-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 10:16:02 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'MIKEY-IBAKE: Identity-Based Mode of Key Distribution in Multimedia
   Internet KEYing (MIKEY)'
  (draft-cakulev-mikey-ibake-06.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cakulev-mikey-ibake/

Technical Summary

   This specification describes a MIKEY mode that relies on an
   Identity Based Authenticated Key Exchange to allow the
   participating clients to perform mutual authentication and derive a
   session key in an asymmetric identity based encryption framework.

Working Group Summary

   This is not the product of an IETF wg, but was presented to the 
   msec wg and reviewed by the chairs.

Document Quality

   There are no existing implementations of the protocol, but the
   protocol is one option under consideration by 3GPP. 

Personnel

   Tim Polk is the Responsible Area Director.