Subject: RFC 6187 on X.509v3 Certificates for Secure Shell Authentication

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 15:34:36 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6187

        Title:      X.509v3 Certificates for Secure Shell 
                    Authentication 
        Author:     K. Igoe, D. Stebila
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 35208
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-igoe-secsh-x509v3-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6187.txt

X.509 public key certificates use a signature by a trusted
certification authority to bind a given public key to a given digital
identity.  This document specifies how to use X.509 version 3 public
key certificates in public key algorithms in the Secure Shell
protocol.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC