Subject: RFC 6171 on The Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) Don't Use Copy Control

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 17:35:14 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6171

        Title:      The Lightweight Directory Access Protocol 
                    (LDAP) Don't Use Copy Control 
        Author:     K. Zeilenga
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11124
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-zeilenga-ldap-dontusecopy-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6171.txt

This document defines the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
Don't Use Copy control extension, which allows a client to specify that
copied information should not be used in providing service.  This
control is based upon the X.511 dontUseCopy service control option.  
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC