Subject: RFC 6114 on The 128-Bit Blockcipher CLEFIA

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 17:35:03 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6114

        Title:      The 128-Bit Blockcipher CLEFIA 
        Author:     M. Katagi, S. Moriai
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      33
        Characters: 68618
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-katagi-clefia-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6114.txt

This document describes the specification of the blockcipher
CLEFIA.  CLEFIA is a 128-bit blockcipher, with key lengths of 128,
192, and 256 bits, which is compatible with the interface of the
Advanced Encryption Standard (AES).  The algorithm of CLEFIA was 
published in 2007, and its security has been scrutinized in the public 
community.  CLEFIA is one of the new-generation lightweight blockcipher 
algorithms designed after AES.  Among them, CLEFIA offers high 
performance in software and hardware as well as lightweight 
implementation in hardware.  CLEFIA will be of benefit to
the Internet, which will be connected to more distributed and constrained
devices.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; 
it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC