Subject: RFC 6143 on The Remote Framebuffer Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 18:34:30 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6143

        Title:      The Remote Framebuffer Protocol 
        Author:     T. Richardson, J. Levine
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      39
        Characters: 91737
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-levine-rfb-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6143.txt

RFB ("remote framebuffer") is a simple protocol for remote access to
graphical user interfaces that allows a client to view and control a
window system on another computer.  Because it works at the
framebuffer level, RFB is applicable to all windowing systems and
applications.  This document describes the protocol used to
communicate between an RFB client and RFB server.  RFB is the
protocol used in VNC.  This document is not an Internet Standards 
Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC