Subject: Protocol Action: 'RTP Payload Format for IP-MR Speech Codec' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ipmr-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 22:59:34 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RTP Payload Format for IP-MR Speech Codec'
  (draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ipmr-15.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Payloads
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Gonzalo Camarillo and Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ipmr/

Technical Summary

This document specifies the payload format for packetization of SPIRIT
IP-MR encoded speech signals into the Real-time Transport Protocol
(RTP). The payload format supports transmission of multiple frames per
payload and introduced redundancy for robustness against packet loss.

Working Group Summary

This is a reasonably standard RTP payload format. The document has been
reviewed by the AVT working group and all open issues were addressed. The
payload is for the IP-MR codec and supplies enough information enabling an
RTP decoder to pack and unpack the auiod frame information from the RTP
payload. Annex A was added as to describe the packetization after the
mailing list discussion.

Document Quality

The codec using this media packetization and media subtype 
specification is already deployed. Types review was initiated 
May 26, 2009.

Personnel

Roni Even is the document shepherd.
The responsible area director is Robert Sparks.