Subject: RFC 6080 on A Framework for Session Initiation Protocol User Agent Profile Delivery

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 10:04:19 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6080

        Title:      A Framework for Session Initiation 
                    Protocol User Agent Profile Delivery 
        Author:     D. Petrie, S. Channabasappa, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      54
        Characters: 126917
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipping-config-framework-18.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6080.txt

This document specifies a framework to enable configuration of
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) user agents (UAs) in SIP
deployments.  The framework provides a means to deliver profile data
that user agents need to be functional, automatically and with
minimal or no User and Administrative intervention.  The framework
describes how SIP user agents can discover sources, request profiles,
and receive notifications related to profile modifications.  As part
of this framework, a new SIP event package is defined for
notification of profile changes.  The framework provides minimal data
retrieval options to ensure interoperability.  The framework does not
include specification of the profile data within its scope.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC