Subject: RFC 6058 on Transient Binding for Proxy Mobile IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 10:04:03 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6058

        Title:      Transient Binding for Proxy Mobile 
                    IPv6 
        Author:     M. Liebsch, Ed.,
                    A. Muhanna, O. Blume
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 90201
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mipshop-transient-bce-pmipv6-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6058.txt

This document specifies a mechanism that enhances Proxy Mobile IPv6
protocol signaling to support the creation of a transient binding
cache entry that is used to optimize the performance of dual radio
handover, as well as single radio handover.  This mechanism is
applicable to the mobile node's inter-MAG (Mobility Access Gateway)
handover while using a single interface or different interfaces.  The
handover problem space using the Proxy Mobile IPv6 base protocol is
analyzed and the use of transient binding cache entries at the local
mobility anchor is described.  The specified extension to the Proxy
Mobile IPv6 protocol ensures optimized forwarding of downlink as well
as uplink packets between mobile nodes and the network infrastructure
and avoids superfluous packet forwarding delay or even packet loss.
This document defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet
community.

This document is a product of the Mobility for IP: Performance, Signaling and Handoff Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC