Subject: Protocol Action: 'Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-netconf-4741bis-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 06:53:14 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF)'
  (draft-ietf-netconf-4741bis-10.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network Configuration Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-4741bis/

Technical Summary

   The Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) defined in this document
   provides mechanisms to install, manipulate, and delete the
   configuration of network devices.  It uses an Extensible Markup
   Language (XML)-based data encoding for the configuration data as well
   as the protocol messages.  The NETCONF protocol operations are
   realized as Remote Procedure Calls (RPC).

   This revision of the document clarifies some text and
   fixes some minor bugs (including reported rfc4741 errata)
   as found from implementatition experience of rfc4741.

Working Group Summary

   The working group went over several versions of the
   document. The comments and reviews helped improve the
   document a lot and brought to consensus on the
   6th revision of the document.

Document Quality

   There are several implementations of this protocol, and in fact
   the rfc4741bis revision is based on implementation
   experience. 

Personnel

   Bert Wijnen is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Dan 
   Romascanu is the Responsible Area Director.