Subject: Document Action: 'Suite B Cryptographic Suites for Secure Shell' to Informational RFC (draft-igoe-secsh-suiteb-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 10:13:59 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Suite B Cryptographic Suites for Secure Shell'
  (draft-igoe-secsh-suiteb-06.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-igoe-secsh-suiteb/

Technical Summary

   This document describes the architecture of a Suite B compliant
   implementation of the Secure Shell Transport Layer Protocol and the
   Secure Shell Authentication Protocol.  Suite B secure shell makes use
   of elliptic curve Diffie-Hellmann (ECDH) key agreement, the elliptic
   curve digital signature algorithm (ECDSA), the Advanced Encryption
   Standard running in Galois Counter Mode (AES-GCM), two members of the
   SHA-2 family of hashes (SHA-256 and SHA-384), and X.509
   certificates. 

Working Group Summary

   This document was not the product of an IETF working group. 

Document Quality

   Prototype implementations of this protocol have been developed.
   Commercial implementation is expected.

Personnel

   Tim Polk is the responsible Area Director.  The author is acting as
the
   Document Shepherd.