Subject: RFC 6174 on Definition of IETF Working Group Document States

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 18:13:49 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6174

        Title:      Definition of IETF Working Group 
                    Document States 
        Author:     E. Juskevicius
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 56883
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-proto-wgdocument-states-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6174.txt

The IETF Datatracker tool needs to be enhanced to make it possible
for Working Group (WG) Chairs to provide IETF participants with more
information about the status and progression of WG documents than is
currently possible.

This document defines new states and status annotation tags that
need to be added to the Datatracker to enable WG Chairs and their
Delegates to track the status of Internet-Drafts (I-Ds) that are
associated with their WGs.  This document also describes the meaning
of all previously implemented I-D states and substate annotation
tags currently used by IETF Area Directors to indicate the status of
I-Ds that have been sent to the IESG for evaluation and publication.
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC