Subject: RFC 6206 on The Trickle Algorithm

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 01:54:34 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6206

        Title:      The Trickle Algorithm 
        Author:     P. Levis, T. Clausen,
                    J. Hui, O. Gnawali,
                    J. Ko
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 30283
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-roll-trickle-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6206.txt

The Trickle algorithm allows nodes in a lossy shared medium (e.g.,
low-power and lossy networks) to exchange information in a highly
robust, energy efficient, simple, and scalable manner.  Dynamically
adjusting transmission windows allows Trickle to spread new
information on the scale of link-layer transmission times while
sending only a few messages per hour when information does not
change.  A simple suppression mechanism and transmission point
selection allow Trickle's communication rate to scale logarithmically
with density.  This document describes the Trickle algorithm and
considerations in its use.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC