Subject: BCP 158, RFC 6158 on RADIUS Design Guidelines

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 18:13:15 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 158        
        RFC 6158

        Title:      RADIUS Design Guidelines 
        Author:     A. DeKok, Ed.,
                    G. Weber
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      38
        Characters: 89319
        See Also:   BCP0158

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-radext-design-19.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6158.txt

This document provides guidelines for the design of attributes used
by the Remote Authentication Dial In User Service (RADIUS) protocol.
It is expected that these guidelines will prove useful to authors and
reviewers of future RADIUS attribute specifications, within the
IETF as well as other Standards Development Organizations (SDOs).
This memo documents an Internet Best Current Practice.

This document is a product of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC