Subject: RFC 6142 on ANSI C12.22, IEEE 1703, and MC12.22 Transport Over IP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 01:51:38 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6142

        Title:      ANSI C12.22, IEEE 1703, and 
                    MC12.22 Transport Over IP 
        Author:     A. Moise, J. Brodkin
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 58320
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-c1222-transport-over-ip-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6142.txt

This RFC provides a framework for transporting ANSI C12.22/IEEE
1703/MC12.22 Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Application Layer
Messages on an IP network.

This document is not an official submission on behalf of the ANSI
C12.19 and C12.22 working groups.  It was created by participants in
those groups, building on knowledge of several proprietary C12.22-
over-IP implementations.  The content of this document is an
expression of a consensus aggregation of those implementations.
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC