Subject: RFC 6176 on Prohibiting Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Version 2.0

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 19:24:51 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6176

        Title:      Prohibiting Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) 
                    Version 2.0 
        Author:     S. Turner, T. Polk
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 7642
        Updates:    RFC2246, RFC4346, RFC5246

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tls-ssl2-must-not-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6176.txt

This document requires that when Transport Layer Security (TLS) clients and
servers establish connections, they never negotiate the use of 
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) version 2.0.  This document updates the 
backward compatibility sections found in the Transport Layer Security (TLS).
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC