Subject: RFC 6154 on IMAP LIST Extension for Special-Use Mailboxes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 10:08:06 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6154

        Title:      IMAP LIST Extension for Special-Use 
                    Mailboxes 
        Author:     B. Leiba, J. Nicolson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 25544
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-morg-list-specialuse-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6154.txt

Some IMAP message stores include special-use mailboxes, such as those
used to hold draft messages or sent messages.  Many mail clients
allow users to specify where draft or sent messages should be put,
but configuring them requires that the user know which mailboxes the
server has set aside for these purposes.  This extension adds new
optional mailbox attributes that a server may include in IMAP LIST
command responses to identify special-use mailboxes to the client,
easing configuration.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Message Organization Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC