Subject: RFC 6151 on Updated Security Considerations for the MD5 Message-Digest and the HMAC-MD5 Algorithms

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 18:46:03 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6151

        Title:      Updated Security Considerations for the 
                    MD5 Message-Digest and the HMAC-MD5 Algorithms 
        Author:     S. Turner, L. Chen
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14662
        Updates:    RFC1321, RFC2104

        I-D Tag:    draft-turner-md5-seccon-update-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6151.txt

This document updates the security considerations for the MD5 message
digest algorithm.  It also updates the security considerations for
HMAC-MD5.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC