Subject: Document Action: 'Understanding Apple's Back to My Mac (BTMM) Service' to Informational RFC (draft-zhu-mobileme-doc-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 09:15:51 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Understanding Apple's Back to My Mac (BTMM) Service'
  (draft-zhu-mobileme-doc-05.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhu-mobileme-doc/

Technical Summary

   This document describes the implementation of Apple Inc.'s Back to My
   Mac (BTMM) service.  BTMM provides network connectivity between
   devices so that a user can perform file sharing and screen sharing
   among multiple computers at home, at work, or on the road.  The
   implementation of BTMM addresses the issues of single sign-on
   authentication, secure data communication, service discovery and end-
   to-end connectivity in face of Network Address Translators (NAT) and
   mobility of devices.

Working Group Summary

   This document is not the product of a working group.

Personnel

   Lars Eggert ([email-masked]) reviewed this document for the IESG.

RFC Editor Note

   Please add the following sentence at the end of the first paragraph of the
   introduction: "This document describes how BTMM works in MAC OS X
   version 10.5.x; BTMM continues to evolve over time."