Subject: RFC 6060 on Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Control of Ethernet Provider Backbone Traffic Engineering (PBB-TE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 18:34:19 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6060

        Title:      Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) 
                    Control of Ethernet Provider Backbone Traffic 
                    Engineering (PBB-TE) 
        Author:     D. Fedyk, H. Shah,
                    N. Bitar, A. Takacs
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 45600
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ethernet-pbb-te-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6060.txt

This specification is complementary to the GMPLS Ethernet Label
Switching Architecture and Framework and describes the technology-specific
aspects of GMPLS control for Provider Backbone Bridge
Traffic Engineering (PBB-TE).  The necessary GMPLS extensions and
mechanisms are described to establish Ethernet PBB-TE point-to-point
(P2P) and point-to-multipoint (P2MP) connections.  This document
supports, but does not modify, the standard IEEE data plane.  
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC