Subject: Protocol Action: 'Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Response Code for Indication of Terminated Dialog' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-sipcore-199-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 13:17:13 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Response Code for Indication of
   Terminated Dialog'
  (draft-ietf-sipcore-199-06.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Session Initiation Protocol Core
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Robert Sparks and Gonzalo Camarillo.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-199/

Technical Summary

   This specification defines a new SIP response code, 199 Early Dialog
   Terminated, which a SIP forking proxy and a UAS can use to indicate
   upstream towards the UAC that an early dialog has been terminated,
   before a final response is sent towards the UAC

Working Group Summary

   There is consensus in the SIPCORE working group to publish this
   document despite early concerns about the utility of the mechanism. 
   There was significant discussion of the document on the
   working group mailing list, including many detail adjustments after
   publication request. While resolving review comments, an issue with the
   interaction of the 199 response and the 100rel extension was identified and 
   addressed by the SIPCORE working group.

Document Quality

   This document is a product of the SIPCORE working group.

Personnel

   The document shepherd is Gonzalo Camarillo
   The responsible area director is Robert Sparks