Subject: Protocol Action: 'Additional New ASN.1 Modules for the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and the Public Key Infrastructure Using X.509 (PKIX)' to Proposed Standard (draft-turner-additional-new-asn-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 05:19:05 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Additional New ASN.1 Modules for the Cryptographic Message Syntax
   (CMS) and the Public Key Infrastructure Using X.509 (PKIX)'
  (draft-turner-additional-new-asn-08.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-turner-additional-new-asn/

Technical Summary

          The document updates existing ASN.1 modules from the 1988
          specification to the 2008 specification.  This involves the
          use of previously defined classes as well as defining some
          new classes.  Some modules are revised from RFC 5911 to deal
          with addition separation that has been found to be required
          through use of these modules.

Working Group Summary

          This document is not a product of any IETF Working Group.
          The document was presented to the PKIX Working Group and
          no opposition to publication was registered.

Document Quality

          Portions of the document have been used by one of the
          authors in an implementation for CMS.

Personnel

          Tim Polk is the sponsoring AD and Jim Schaad is the document
          Shepherd for this document.  He has reviewed this version of the
          document and believes it is ready for publication.