Subject: RFC 6194 on Security Considerations for the SHA-0 and SHA-1 Message-Digest Algorithms

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 01:54:09 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6194

        Title:      Security Considerations for the SHA-0 
                    and SHA-1 Message-Digest Algorithms 
        Author:     T. Polk, L. Chen,
                    S. Turner, P. Hoffman
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 15172
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-turner-sha0-sha1-seccon-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6194.txt

This document includes security considerations for the SHA-0 and
SHA-1 message digest algorithm.  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational 
purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC