Subject: RFC 5980 on NSIS Protocol Operation in Mobile Environments

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 16:50:40 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5980

        Title:      NSIS Protocol Operation in Mobile 
                    Environments 
        Author:     T. Sanda, Ed.,
                    X. Fu, S. Jeong,
                    J. Manner, H. Tschofenig
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 77323
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nsis-applicability-mobility-signaling-20.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5980.txt

Mobility of an IP-based node affects routing paths, and as a result,
can have a significant effect on the protocol operation and state
management.  This document discusses the effects mobility can cause
to the Next Steps in Signaling (NSIS) protocol suite, and shows how
the NSIS protocols operate in different scenarios with mobility
management protocols.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC