Subject: Document Action: 'Request to Move RFC 2754 to Historic Status' to Informational RFC (draft-iana-rfc2754-to-historic-02.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 15:23:39 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Request to Move RFC 2754 to Historic Status'
  (draft-iana-rfc2754-to-historic-02.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iana-rfc2754-to-historic/

Technical Summary

  RFC 2754 requests that the IANA create appropriate inetnum and as-
  block objects and digitally sign them each time the IANA makes an
  address assignment.  The purpose was to distribute the IANA-held
  public key in software implementations of the Distributed Routing
  Policy System.  In practice, this was never done on the public
  Internet.  This document requests that RFC 2754 be moved to historic
  status.

Working Group Summary

  This document is not the product of any IETF WG.

Protocol Quality

  The document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.