Subject: RFC 6179 on The Internet Routing Overlay Network (IRON)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 18:14:18 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6179

        Title:      The Internet Routing Overlay Network (IRON) 
        Author:     F. Templin, Ed.
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 92638
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-templin-iron-17.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6179.txt

Since the Internet must continue to support escalating growth due to
increasing demand, it is clear that current routing architectures and
operational practices must be updated.  This document proposes an
Internet Routing Overlay Network (IRON) that supports sustainable
growth while requiring no changes to end systems and no changes to
the existing routing system.  IRON further addresses other important
issues including routing scaling, mobility management, multihoming,
traffic engineering and NAT traversal.  While business considerations
are an important determining factor for widespread adoption, they are
out of scope for this document.  This document is a product of the
IRTF Routing Research Group.  This document defines an Experimental 
Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the IRTF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC