Subject: RFC 6207 on The Media Types application/mods+xml, application/mads+xml, application/mets+xml, application/marcxml+xml, and application/sru+xml

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 09:40:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6207

        Title:      The Media Types application/mods+xml, 
                    application/mads+xml, application/mets+xml, 
                    application/marcxml+xml, and application/sru+xml 
        Author:     R. Denenberg, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 18090
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-denenberg-mods-etc-media-types-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6207.txt

This document specifies media types for the following formats: MODS
(Metadata Object Description Schema), MADS (Metadata Authority
Description Schema), METS (Metadata Encoding and Transmission
Standard), MARCXML (MARC21 XML Schema), and the SRU (Search/Retrieve
via URL Response Format) protocol response XML schema.  These are all
XML schemas providing representations of various forms of information
including metadata and search results.  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC