Subject: RFC 6112 on Anonymity Support for Kerberos

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 22:13:52 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6112

        Title:      Anonymity Support for Kerberos 
        Author:     L. Zhu, P. Leach,
                    S. Hartman
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 37858
        Updates:    RFC4120, RFC4121, RFC4556

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-krb-wg-anon-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6112.txt

This document defines extensions to the Kerberos protocol to allow a
Kerberos client to securely communicate with a Kerberos application
service without revealing its identity, or without revealing more
than its Kerberos realm.  It also defines extensions that allow a
Kerberos client to obtain anonymous credentials without revealing its
identity to the Kerberos Key Distribution Center (KDC).  This
document updates RFCs 4120, 4121, and 4556.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Kerberos WG Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC