Subject: RFC 6224 on Base Deployment for Multicast Listener Support in Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) Domains

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 12:21:21 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6224

        Title:      Base Deployment for Multicast Listener 
                    Support in Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) 
                    Domains 
        Author:     T. Schmidt, M. Waehlisch,
                    S. Krishnan
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 46105
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-base-solution-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6224.txt

This document describes deployment options for activating multicast
listener functions in Proxy Mobile IPv6 domains without modifying
mobility and multicast protocol standards.  Similar to home agents in
Mobile IPv6, Local Mobility Anchors of Proxy Mobile IPv6 serve as
multicast subscription anchor points, while Mobile Access Gateways
provide Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD) proxy functions.  In this
scenario, mobile nodes remain agnostic of multicast mobility
operations.  Support for mobile multicast senders is outside the
scope of this document.  This document is not an Internet Standards 
Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Multicast Mobility Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC