Subject: RFC 6164 on Using 127-Bit IPv6 Prefixes on Inter-Router Links

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 09:40:19 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6164

        Title:      Using 127-Bit IPv6 Prefixes on 
                    Inter-Router Links 
        Author:     M. Kohno, B. Nitzan,
                    R. Bush, Y. Matsuzaki,
                    L. Colitti, T. Narten
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 16057
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6man-prefixlen-p2p-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6164.txt

On inter-router point-to-point links, it is useful, for security and
other reasons, to use 127-bit IPv6 prefixes.  Such a practice
parallels the use of 31-bit prefixes in IPv4.  This document
specifies the motivation for, and usages of, 127-bit IPv6 prefix
lengths on inter-router point-to-point links.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC