Subject: RFC 6169 on Security Concerns with IP Tunneling

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 22:14:26 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6169

        Title:      Security Concerns with IP Tunneling 
        Author:     S. Krishnan, D. Thaler,
                    J. Hoagland
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 45018
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-tunnel-security-concerns-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6169.txt

A number of security concerns with IP tunnels are documented in this
memo.  The intended audience of this document includes network
administrators and future protocol developers.  The primary intent of this
document is to raise the awareness level regarding the security issues 
with IP tunnels as deployed and propose strategies for the mitigation of 
those issues.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC