Subject: RFC 6215 on MPLS Transport Profile User-to-Network and Network-to-Network Interfaces

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 12:20:59 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6215

        Title:      MPLS Transport Profile User-to-Network and 
                    Network-to-Network Interfaces 
        Author:     M. Bocci, L. Levrau,
                    D. Frost
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 13619
        Updates:    RFC5921

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-tp-uni-nni-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6215.txt

The framework for MPLS in transport networks (RFC 5921) provides
reference models for the MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Transport
Service Interfaces, which are a User-to-Network Interface (UNI), and
a Network-to-Network Interface (NNI).  This document updates those
reference models to show detailed reference points for these
interfaces, along with further clarification of the functional
architecture of MPLS-TP at a UNI and NNI.

This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
Profile within the IETF MPLS and Pseudowire Emulation Edge-to-Edge
(PWE3) architectures to support the capabilities and functionalities
of a packet transport network as defined by the ITU-T.  This document 
is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for 
informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC