Subject: RFC 6166 on A Registry for PIM Message Types

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 09:54:15 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6166

        Title:      A Registry for PIM Message Types 
        Author:     S. Venaas
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 7441
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pim-registry-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6166.txt

This document provides instructions to IANA for the creation of a
registry for PIM message types.  It specifies the initial content of
the registry, based on existing RFCs specifying PIM message types.
It also specifies a procedure for registering new types.

In addition to this, one message type is reserved, and may be used
for a future extension of the message type space.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Protocol Independent Multicast Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC