Subject: Protocol Action: 'Resource Certificate PKI (RPKI) Trust Anchor Locator' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-sidr-ta-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 11:22:05 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Resource Certificate PKI (RPKI) Trust Anchor Locator'
  (draft-ietf-sidr-ta-07.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-ta/

Technical Summary

This document defines a Trust Anchor Locator (TAL) for the Resource
Certificate Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI).

Working Group Summary

Originally, the draft suggested a dual certificate profile for the
publication of trust anchor material more directly.  The working
group found that profile to be too complicated and preferred a
simpler solution. 

Document Quality

The document is well written and at least two independent
implementations exist.

Personnel

Sandra Murphy is the Document Shepherd for this document.
Stewart Bryant is the  Responsible Area Director.