Subject: RFC 6162 on Elliptic Curve Algorithms for Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) Asymmetric Key Package Content Type

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 12:20:20 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6162

        Title:      Elliptic Curve Algorithms for Cryptographic 
                    Message Syntax (CMS) Asymmetric Key Package 
                    Content Type 
        Author:     S. Turner
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 6155
        Updates:    RFC5959

        I-D Tag:    draft-turner-akf-algs-update-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6162.txt

This document describes conventions for using Elliptic Curve
cryptographic algorithms with SignedData and EnvelopedData to protect
the AsymmetricKeyPackage content type.  Specifically, it includes
conventions necessary to implement Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman
(ECDH) with EnvelopedData and Elliptic Curve Digital Signature
Algorithm (ECDSA) with SignedData.  This document extends RFC 5959.
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC