Subject: RFC 6156 on Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN) Extension for IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 16:33:59 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6156

        Title:      Traversal Using Relays around NAT 
                    (TURN) Extension for IPv6 
        Author:     G. Camarillo, O. Novo,
                    S. Perreault, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 27758
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-behave-turn-ipv6-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6156.txt

This document adds IPv6 support to Traversal Using Relays around NAT
(TURN).  IPv6 support in TURN includes IPv4-to-IPv6, IPv6-to-IPv6,
and IPv6-to-IPv4 relaying.  This document defines the REQUESTED-
ADDRESS-FAMILY attribute for TURN.  The REQUESTED-ADDRESS-FAMILY
attribute allows a client to explicitly request the address type the
TURN server will allocate (e.g., an IPv4-only node may request the
TURN server to allocate an IPv6 address).  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC