Subject: Protocol Action: 'The Profile for Algorithms and Key Sizes for use in the Resource Public Key Infrastructure' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-algs-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 11:20:07 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'The Profile for Algorithms and Key Sizes for use in the Resource
   Public Key Infrastructure'
  (draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-algs-05.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-algs/

Technical Summary

This document defines a profile for the algorithm and key size to be
used for signatures applied to certificates, Certificate Revocation
Lists, and signed objects in the context of the Resource Public Key
Infrastructure.

Working Group Summary

The profile for algorithm and key size was originally part of the
certificate profile.  The working group realized that this information
might be used in other drafts as well, so for ease of reference a
separate document was produced.  Furthermore, using a separate document
for this profile means that future changes in the algorithm requirements
will no longer require a revision to the referring documents.

Document Quality

This document is well written and clear.  Although this profile
does not define a protocol, several independent implementations of the
certificate profile exist, which would also involve implementing this
algorithm profile, indicating careful review.

Personnel

Sandra Murphy is the Document Shepherd for this document.
Stewart Bryant is the Responsible Area Director.