Subject: RFC 6160 on Algorithms for Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) Protection of Symmetric Key Package Content Types

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 12:19:52 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6160

        Title:      Algorithms for Cryptographic Message Syntax 
                    (CMS) Protection of Symmetric Key Package 
                    Content Types 
        Author:     S. Turner
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 10115
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-turner-cms-symmetrickeypackage-algs-00.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6160.txt

This document describes the conventions for using several
cryptographic algorithms with the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
to protect the symmetric key package content type.  Specifically, it
includes conventions necessary to implement SignedData,
EnvelopedData, EncryptedData, and AuthEnvelopedData.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC