Subject: RFC 6265 on HTTP State Management Mechanism

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 16:34:55 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6265

        Title:      HTTP State Management Mechanism 
        Author:     A. Barth
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 79724
        Obsoletes:  RFC2965

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-httpstate-cookie-23.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6265.txt

This document defines the HTTP Cookie and Set-Cookie header fields.
These header fields can be used by HTTP servers to store state
(called cookies) at HTTP user agents, letting the servers maintain a
stateful session over the mostly stateless HTTP protocol.  Although
cookies have many historical infelicities that degrade their security
and privacy, the Cookie and Set-Cookie header fields are widely used
on the Internet.  This document obsoletes RFC 2965.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the HTTP State Management Mechanism Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC