Subject: Document Action: 'Suite B in Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME)' to Informational RFC (draft-housley-rfc5008bis-01.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 11:48:57 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Suite B in Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME)'
  (draft-housley-rfc5008bis-01.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Sean Turner.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-housley-rfc5008bis/

Technical Summary

  The United States Government has published guidelines for
  "NSA Suite B Cryptography", which defines cryptographic
  algorithm policy for national security applications. This
  document defines a profile of S/MIME which is conformant with
  Suite B.

Working Group Summary
  
  This document is not the product of any IETF working group.

Document Quality

   This document explains the requirements for as S/MIME
   implementation to be considered "Suite B conformant".
   There is strong consensus from the people that are
   defining "Suite B". 

Personnel

   Russ Housley ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd.
   Sean Turner ([email-masked]) is the responsible Area Director.