Subject: RFC 6109 on La Posta Elettronica Certificata - Italian Certified Electronic Mail

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 17:27:24 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6109

        Title:      La Posta Elettronica Certificata - 
                    Italian Certified Electronic Mail 
        Author:     C. Petrucci, F. Gennai,
                    A. Shahin, A. Vinciarelli
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      65
        Characters: 135569
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-gennai-smime-cnipa-pec-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6109.txt

Since 1997, the Italian laws have recognized electronic delivery
systems as legally usable.  In 2005, after two years of technical
tests, the characteristics of an official electronic delivery
service, named certified electronic mail (in Italian "Posta
Elettronica Certificata") were defined, giving the system legal
standing.

The design of the entire system was carried out by the National Center
for Informatics in the Public Administration of Italy (DigitPA),
followed by efforts for the implementation and testing of the
service.  The DigitPA has given the Italian National Research Council
(CNR), and in particular the Institute of Information Science and
Technologies at the CNR (ISTI), the task of running tests on
providers of the service to guarantee the correct implementation and
interoperability.  This document describes the certified email system
adopted in Italy.  It represents the system as it is at the moment of
writing, following the technical regulations that were written based
upon the Italian Law DPR. November 2, 2005.  This document is not an 
Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for informational 
purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC