Subject: RFC 6163 on Framework for GMPLS and Path Computation Element (PCE) Control of Wavelength Switched Optical Networks (WSONs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 09:54:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6163

        Title:      Framework for GMPLS and Path 
                    Computation Element (PCE) Control of Wavelength 
                    Switched Optical Networks (WSONs) 
        Author:     Y. Lee, Ed.,
                    G. Bernstein, Ed.,
                    W. Imajuku
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      51
        Characters: 115511
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-framework-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6163.txt

This document provides a framework for applying Generalized Multi-Protocol
Label Switching (GMPLS) and the Path Computation Element
(PCE) architecture to the control of Wavelength Switched Optical
Networks (WSONs).  In particular, it examines Routing and Wavelength
Assignment (RWA) of optical paths.

This document focuses on topological elements and path selection
constraints that are common across different WSON environments; as
such, it does not address optical impairments in any depth.
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC