Subject: RFC 6193 on Media Description for the Internet Key Exchange Protocol (IKE) in the Session Description Protocol (SDP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 17:33:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6193

        Title:      Media Description for the Internet 
                    Key Exchange Protocol (IKE) in the 
                    Session Description Protocol (SDP) 
        Author:     M. Saito, D. Wing,
                    M. Toyama
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       April 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 50201
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-saito-mmusic-sdp-ike-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6193.txt

This document specifies how to establish a media session that
represents a virtual private network using the Session Initiation
Protocol for the purpose of on-demand media/application sharing
between peers.  It extends the protocol identifier of the Session
Description Protocol (SDP) so that it can negotiate use of the
Internet Key Exchange Protocol (IKE) for media sessions in the SDP
offer/answer model.  It also specifies a method to boot up IKE and
generate IPsec security associations using a self-signed certificate.
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC