Subject: BCP 159, RFC 6191 on Reducing the TIME-WAIT State Using TCP Timestamps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 17:33:30 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 159        
        RFC 6191

        Title:      Reducing the TIME-WAIT State Using 
                    TCP Timestamps 
        Author:     F. Gont
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 22953
        See Also:   BCP0159

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-timestamps-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6191.txt

This document describes an algorithm for processing incoming SYN
segments that allows higher connection-establishment rates between
any two TCP endpoints when a TCP Timestamps option is present in the
incoming SYN segment.  This document only modifies processing of SYN
segments received for connections in the TIME-WAIT state; processing
in all other states is unchanged.  This memo documents an Internet 
Best Current Practice.

This document is a product of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC