Subject: Protocol Action: 'The 'tn3270' URI Scheme' to Proposed Standard (draft-yevstifeyev-tn3270-uri-18.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 13:10:34 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'The 'tn3270' URI Scheme'
  (draft-yevstifeyev-tn3270-uri-18.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Peter Saint-Andre.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yevstifeyev-tn3270-uri/

Technical Summary

   The 'tn3270' Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) scheme 
   was originally mentioned in RFC 1738 and has long been 
   included in the Provisional URI Schemes sub-registry 
   maintained by the IANA.  However, the syntax and semantics
   of the scheme has been unspecified.  This document fills
   the gap for documentation of the scheme.

Working Group Summary

   This document is not the product of an IETF working group.

Document Quality

   The document has undergone extensive review and 
   discussion on both the URI-review and apps-discuss lists.

Personnel

   The Document Shepherd / Responsible Area Director is
   Peter Saint-Andre.

RFC Editor Note

   Please add the following paragraph at the end of the
   Security Considerations:

      The telnet protocol is inherently insecure.  Those needing
      remote login access and related services are encouraged
      to use a more secure technology, such as Secure Shell
      [RFC4251].