Subject: RFC 6260 on Compressed Bundle Header Encoding (CBHE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 22:12:51 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6260

        Title:      Compressed Bundle Header Encoding (CBHE) 
        Author:     S. Burleigh
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       May 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 25381
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-dtnrg-cbhe-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6260.txt

This document describes a convention by which Delay-Tolerant
Networking (DTN) Bundle Protocol (BP) "convergence-layer" adapters
may represent endpoint identifiers in a compressed form within the
primary blocks of bundles, provided those endpoint identifiers
conform to the structure prescribed by this convention.

Compressed Bundle Header Encoding (CBHE) compression is a
convergence-layer adaptation.  It is opaque to bundle processing.
Therefore, it has no impact on the interoperability of different
Bundle Protocol implementations, but instead affects only the
interoperability of different convergence-layer adaptation
implementations.

This document is a product of the Delay-Tolerant Networking Research
Group and has been reviewed by that group.  No objections to its
publication as an RFC were raised.  This document defines an Experimental 
Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the IRTF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC