Subject: RFC 6255 on Delay-Tolerant Networking Bundle Protocol IANA Registries

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 22:11:53 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6255

        Title:      Delay-Tolerant Networking Bundle Protocol IANA 
                    Registries 
        Author:     M. Blanchet
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       May 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 19606
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-dtnrg-iana-bp-registries-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6255.txt

The Delay-Tolerant Networking (DTN) Research Group research group has
defined many protocols such as the Bundle Protocol and Licklider
Transmission Protocol.  The specifications of these protocols contain
fields that are subject to a registry.  For the purpose of its
research work, the group created ad hoc registries.  As the
specifications are stable and have multiple interoperable
implementations, the group would like to hand off the registries to
IANA for official custody.  This document describes the actions
executed by IANA.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the IRTF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC