Subject: Protocol Action: 'RBridges: Adjacency' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-trill-adj-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 09:14:09 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RBridges: Adjacency'
  (draft-ietf-trill-adj-07.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots
of Links Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-adj/

Technical Summary

   TRILL supports multi-access LAN links that can have multiple end
   stations and RBridges attached. This document describes four aspects
   of the TRILL LAN Hello protocol used on such links, particularly
   adjacency, designated RBridge selection, and MTU and pseudonode
   procedures, with state machines. There is no change for IS-IS point-
   to-point Hellos used on links configured as point-to-point in TRILL.

Working Group Summary

   This document was developed in the TRILL working group with significant
   review from participants in the IS-IS WG. The scope of the document
   is based on a list of four items where that the IESG wanted to see
   clarified for the TRILL LAN Hello protocol.

Document Quality

    There are implementations of TRILL that were developed without the
    benefits of this additional document. The assumptions is that future
    implementors will benefit from the additional level of detail in
    this document.

Personnel

   Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]> is the document shepherd.  Ralph
   Droms <[email-masked]> is the responsible AD.