Subject: RFC 6250 on Evolution of the IP Model

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 18:13:59 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6250

        Title:      Evolution of the IP Model 
        Author:     D. Thaler
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IAB
        Date:       May 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 60778
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-ip-model-evolution-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6250.txt

This RFC attempts to document various aspects of the IP service model
and how it has evolved over time.  In particular, it attempts to
document the properties of the IP layer as they are seen by upper-
layer protocols and applications, especially properties that were
(and, at times, still are) incorrectly perceived to exist as well as
properties that would cause problems if changed.  The discussion of
these properties is organized around evaluating a set of claims, or
misconceptions.  Finally, this document provides some guidance to
protocol designers and implementers.  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC