Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-vcat-lcas-13.txt> (Operating Virtual Concatenation (VCAT) and the Link Capacity Adjustment Scheme (LCAS) with Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 15:25:05 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Common Control and Measurement
Plane WG (ccamp) to consider the following document:
- 'Operating Virtual Concatenation (VCAT) and the Link Capacity
   Adjustment Scheme (LCAS) with Generalized Multi-Protocol Label
   Switching (GMPLS)'
  <draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-vcat-lcas-13.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-05-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-vcat-lcas/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-vcat-lcas/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

Abstract

   This document describes requirements for, and use of, the
   Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) control plane in
   support of the Virtual Concatenation (VCAT) layer 1 inverse
   multiplexing data plane mechanism and its companion Link Capacity
   Adjustment Scheme (LCAS) which can be used for hitless dynamic
   resizing of the inverse multiplex group.  These techniques apply to
   Optical Transport Network (OTN), Synchronous Optical Network
   (SONET), Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH), and Plesiochronous
   Digital Hierarchy (PDH) signals. This document updates RFC 4606 by
   making modifications to the procedures for supporting virtual
   concatenation.