Subject: RFC 6239 on Suite B Cryptographic Suites for Secure Shell (SSH)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 16:46:12 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6239

        Title:      Suite B Cryptographic Suites for 
                    Secure Shell (SSH) 
        Author:     K. Igoe
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 28990
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-igoe-secsh-suiteb-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6239.txt

This document describes the architecture of a Suite B compliant
implementation of the Secure Shell Transport Layer Protocol and the
Secure Shell Authentication Protocol.  Suite B Secure Shell makes use
of the elliptic curve Diffie-Hellman (ECDH) key agreement, the elliptic
curve digital signature algorithm (ECDSA), the Advanced Encryption
Standard running in Galois/Counter Mode (AES-GCM), two members of the
SHA-2 family of hashes (SHA-256 and SHA-384), and X.509
certificates.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC