Subject: Document Action: 'NAT Traversal Practices for Client-Server SIP' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-sipping-nat-scenarios-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 14:49:44 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'NAT Traversal Practices for Client-Server SIP'
  (draft-ietf-sipping-nat-scenarios-15.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipping-nat-scenarios/

          Technical Summary
             Traversal of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the
             sessions it establishes through Network Address Translators 
             (NATs) is a complex problem.  Currently there are many deployment
             scenarios and traversal mechanisms for media traffic.  
             This document aims to provide concrete recommendations and 
             a unified method for NAT traversal as well as documenting 
             corresponding flows.

          Working Group Summary
             Much of the development of this document took place in the SIPPING WG
             where it had strong support.
             
          Document Quality
             This document defines no new protocol elements.
             Earlier versions of the document were thoroughly reviewed within the SIPPING WG. 
             Francois Audet, Vijay Gurbani, Dan Wing, Ali Keranen and 
             Jerry Yin provided detailed WG reviews of the document. 
             In addition, area/cross-area reviews were done by 
             Remi Denis-Courmant (BEHAVE/TSV area) and Philip Matthews (RAI area).
             Dan Wing provided a final review ensuring that the technical 
             details align with the more recently published BEHAVE WG 
             documents (e.g., TURN)

          Personnel
             Mary Barnes is the WG chair shepherd. Robert Sparks is the
             responsible Area director. 

RFC Editor Note:

  Please change the title of the document as follows:

  OLD:
    Best Current Practices for NAT Traversal for Client-Server SIP
  NEW:
    NAT Traversal Practices for Client-Server SIP