Subject: RFC 6219 on The China Education and Research Network (CERNET) IVI Translation Design and Deployment for the IPv4/IPv6 Coexistence and Transition

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 17:20:21 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6219

        Title:      The China Education and Research 
                    Network (CERNET) IVI Translation Design and 
                    Deployment for the IPv4/IPv6 Coexistence and 
                    Transition 
        Author:     X. Li, C. Bao,
                    M. Chen, H. Zhang,
                    J. Wu
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 44774
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-xli-behave-ivi-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6219.txt

This document presents the China Education and Research Network
(CERNET)'s IVI translation design and deployment for the IPv4/IPv6
coexistence and transition.

The IVI is a prefix-specific and stateless address mapping mechanism
for "an IPv6 network to the IPv4 Internet" and "the IPv4 Internet to
an IPv6 network" scenarios.  In the IVI design, subsets of the ISP's
IPv4 addresses are embedded in the ISP's IPv6 addresses, and the
hosts using these IPv6 addresses can therefore communicate with the
global IPv6 Internet directly and can communicate with the global
IPv4 Internet via stateless translators.  The communications can
either be IPv6 initiated or IPv4 initiated.  The IVI mechanism
supports the end-to-end address transparency and incremental
deployment.  The IVI is an early design deployed in the CERNET as a
reference for the IETF standard documents on IPv4/IPv6 stateless
translation.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC