Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tcpm-persist-04.txt> (Clarification of sender behavior in persist condition.) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 06:51:13 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the TCP Maintenance and Minor
Extensions WG (tcpm) to consider the following document:
- 'Clarification of sender behavior in persist condition.'
  <draft-ietf-tcpm-persist-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-06-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

This document clarifies the Zero Window Probes (ZWP) described in
Requirements for Internet Hosts [RFC1122].  In particular, it
clarifies the actions that can be taken on connections which are
experiencing the ZWP condition.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-persist/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-persist/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.