Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-enhanced-dsmap-09.txt> (Mechanism for performing LSP-Ping over MPLS tunnels) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 12:04:02 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Mechanism for performing LSP-Ping over MPLS tunnels'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-enhanced-dsmap-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-05-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

This document describes methods for performing LSP Ping (specified in
RFC 4379) traceroute over MPLS tunnels and for traceroute of stitched
MPLS label-switched-paths (LSPs).  The techniques outlined in RFC
4379 are insufficient to perform traceroute Forwarding Equivalency
Class (FEC) validation and path discovery for a LSP that goes over
other MPLS tunnels or for a stitched LSP.  This document describes
enhancements to the downstream-mapping TLV (defined in RFC 4379).
These enhancements along with other procedures outlined in this
document can be used to trace such LSPs.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-enhanced-dsmap/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-enhanced-dsmap/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1084/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1053/