Subject: Protocol Action: 'vCard Format Specification' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev-22.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 06:41:35 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'vCard Format Specification'
  (draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev-22.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the vCard and CardDAV Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Peter Saint-Andre and Pete Resnick.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev/

Technical Summary

   This document defines the vCard data format for representing and
   exchanging a variety of information about individuals and other
   entities (e.g., formatted and structured name and delivery addresses,
   email address, multiple telephone numbers, photograph, logo, audio
   clips, etc.).

Working Group Summary

   This document is a product of VCARDDAV WG.

   The document was nearly done around August 2010.  Some late 
   comments were received after that, asking for better alignment of 
   the vCard 4.0 format with "hCard" and "PoCo" (Portable Contacts)
   formats. Most of the suggestions were applied, modulo removal of 
   some properties for which there was no WG consensus to remove 
   them.

Document Quality

   The document was reviewed by multiple VCARDDAV WG 
   participants.

   Several implementers are planning to implement the spec.  Some
   implementations of earlier versions of the draft already exist.

   The two-week review of the text/vcard Media Type was performed 
   on the ietf-types mailing list:

   <http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-types/current/msg00954.html>

Personnel

   The Document Shepherd is Alexey Melnikov.

   The Responsible Area Director is Peter Saint-Andre.