Subject: RFC 6254 on Request to Move RFC 2754 to Historic Status

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 16:46:28 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6254

        Title:      Request to Move RFC 2754 
                    to Historic Status 
        Author:     M. McFadden
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      3
        Characters: 6696
        Obsoletes:  RFC2754

        I-D Tag:    draft-iana-rfc2754-to-historic-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6254.txt

RFC 2754 requested that each time IANA made an address assignment, it
was to create appropriate inetnum and as-block objects and digitally
sign them.  The purpose was to distribute the IANA-held public key in
software implementations of the Distributed Routing Policy System.
In practice, this was never done on the public Internet.  This
document requests that RFC 2754 be moved to Historic status.  This 
document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC