Subject: Draft Secretariat SOW for Community Comment: Deadline 20 May

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 13:23:30 -0700 (PDT)

The IETF Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC) plans to issue a
Request for Proposal (RFP) in late May for a vendor to perform the
Secretariat functions when the current contract ends on 31 January 2012. 
To that end the IAOC invites community comments on the draft Statement of
Work (SOW) that is located at <http://iaoc.ietf.org/rfpsrfis.html>.

The community comment period will run from 6 to 20 May 2011.  The IAOC
will consider all comments it receives during that period. 

The Secretariat provides various meeting, IT, clerical, finance and other
services to Supporting Organizations, including Working Groups, Internet
Engineering Steering Group (IESG), Internet Architecture Board (IAB), IETF
Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC), and the Internet Research
Steering Group (IRSG). 

Changes in this proposed SOW from the current Secretariat SOW include,
but aren't limited to:

	1.  Provision of IAB Administrative Services (IAB Executive Assistant)
	2.  Provision of NomCom Administrative Services (NomCom Executive
Assistant)
	3.  Provision of RFC Publisher Services, which will replace the current
separate contract,
	4.  Adding the RFC Series Editor (RSE), Independent Submissions Editor
(ISE) and Nominating Committee (NomCom) to the list of Supported
Organizations for which services may be provided in the future.
	5.  Production of minutes of the IETF Meeting Plenaries
	6.  Requirement to book meeting venues three years in advance, instead of
two years, and
	7.  Requirement to cryptography sign Internet-Drafts

Community comment is due no later than 20 May 2011 to
[email-masked].  One may subscribe to that list here:
<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/secretariat-2012>.

All information submitted in response to this announcement is voluntary
and may be used in the development of the SOW and a subsequent RFP.

Thanks for your continuing advice and support.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director
Internet Society