Subject: RFC 6180 on Guidelines for Using IPv6 Transition Mechanisms during IPv6 Deployment

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 17:54:25 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6180

        Title:      Guidelines for Using IPv6 Transition 
                    Mechanisms during IPv6 Deployment 
        Author:     J. Arkko, F. Baker
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 49679
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-arkko-ipv6-transition-guidelines-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6180.txt

The Internet continues to grow beyond the capabilities of IPv4.  An
expansion in the address space is clearly required.  With its
increase in the number of available prefixes and addresses in a
subnet, and improvements in address management, IPv6 is the only real
option on the table.  Yet, IPv6 deployment requires some effort,
resources, and expertise.  The availability of many different
deployment models is one reason why expertise is required.  This
document discusses the IPv6 deployment models and migration tools,
and it recommends ones that have been found to work well in
operational networks in many common situations.  This document 
is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC