Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sipcore-location-conveyance-08.txt> (Location Conveyance for the Session Initiation Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 15:00:25 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Session Initiation Protocol Core
WG (sipcore) to consider the following document:
- 'Location Conveyance for the Session Initiation Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-sipcore-location-conveyance-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-06-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

This document defines an extension to the Session Initiation 
Protocol (SIP) to convey geographic location information from one 
SIP entity to another SIP entity.  The SIP extension covers 
end-to-end conveyance as well as location-based routing, where SIP 
intermediaries make routing decisions based upon the location of the
Location Target.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-location-conveyance/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-location-conveyance/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.