Subject: RFC 6234 on US Secure Hash Algorithms (SHA and SHA-based HMAC and HKDF)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 17:21:13 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6234

        Title:      US Secure Hash Algorithms (SHA 
                    and SHA-based HMAC and HKDF) 
        Author:     D. Eastlake 3rd, T. Hansen
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      127
        Characters: 236573
        Obsoletes:  RFC4634
        Updates:    RFC3174

        I-D Tag:    draft-eastlake-sha2b-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6234.txt

Federal Information Processing Standard, FIPS

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC