Subject: RFC 6227 on Design Goals for Scalable Internet Routing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 17:20:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6227

        Title:      Design Goals for Scalable Internet 
                    Routing 
        Author:     T. Li, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       May 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 18418
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-rrg-design-goals-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6227.txt

It is commonly recognized that the Internet routing and addressing
architecture is facing challenges in scalability, mobility,
multi-homing, and inter-domain traffic engineering.  The Routing Research
Group is investigating an alternate architecture to meet these
challenges.  This document consists of a prioritized list of design
goals for the target architecture.  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the IRTF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC