Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-registry-fixes-08.txt> (Applicability Statement: DNS Security (DNSSEC) DNSKEY Algorithm IANA Registry) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 08:22:57 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the DNS Extensions WG (dnsext) to
consider the following document:
- 'Applicability Statement: DNS Security (DNSSEC) DNSKEY Algorithm IANA
   Registry'
  <draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-registry-fixes-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-06-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC) requires the use of
   cryptographic algorithm suites for generating digital signatures over
   DNS data.  There is currently an IANA registry for these algorithms
   that is incomplete in that it lacks the implementation status of each
   algorithm.  This document provides an applicability statement on
   algorithm implementation compliance status for DNSSEC
   implementations.  This status is to measure compliance to this RFC
   only.  This document replaces that registry table with a new IANA
   registry table for Domain Name System Security (DNSSEC) Algorithm
   Numbers that lists (or assigns) each algorithm's status based on the
   current reference.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-registry-fixes/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-registry-fixes/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.