Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping-16.txt> (Detecting Data Plane Failures in Point-to-Multipoint Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) - Extensions to LSP Ping) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 12:05:22 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Detecting Data Plane Failures in Point-to-Multipoint Multiprotocol
   Label Switching (MPLS) - Extensions to LSP Ping'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping-16.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-05-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

This document updates RFC 4379.

Recent proposals have extended the scope of Multiprotocol Label
Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Paths (LSPs) to encompass
point-to-multipoint (P2MP) LSPs.

The requirement for a simple and efficient mechanism that can be used
to detect data plane failures in point-to-point (P2P) MPLS LSPs has
been recognized and has led to the development of techniques for
fault detection and isolation commonly referred to as "LSP Ping".
The scope of this document is fault detection and isolation for P2MP
MPLS LSPs.  This documents does not replace any of the mechanisms of
LSP Ping, but clarifies their applicability to MPLS P2MP LSPs, and
extends the techniques and mechanisms of LSP Ping to the MPLS P2MP
environment.

Copyright Notice

Copyright (c) 2011 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
document authors.  All rights reserved.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.