Subject: RFC 6231 on An Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Control Package for the Media Control Channel Framework

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 22:53:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6231

        Title:      An Interactive Voice Response (IVR) 
                    Control Package for the Media Control 
                    Channel Framework 
        Author:     S. McGlashan, T. Melanchuk,
                    C. Boulton
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      134
        Characters: 286771
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mediactrl-ivr-control-package-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6231.txt

This document defines a Media Control Channel Framework Package for
Interactive Voice Response (IVR) dialog interaction on media
connections and conferences.  The package defines dialog management
request elements for preparing, starting, and terminating dialog
interactions, as well as associated responses and notifications.
Dialog interactions are specified in a dialog language.  This package
defines a lightweight IVR dialog language (supporting prompt
playback, runtime controls, Dual-Tone Multi-Frequency (DTMF)
collection, and media recording) and allows other dialog languages to
be used.  The package also defines elements for auditing package
capabilities and IVR dialogs.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Media Server Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC