Subject: RFC 6233 on IS-IS Registry Extension for Purges

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 18:18:20 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6233

        Title:      IS-IS Registry Extension for Purges 
        Author:     T. Li, L. Ginsberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 8435
        Updates:    RFC3563, RFC5304, RFC5310

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-reg-purge-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6233.txt

IANA maintains the "IS-IS TLV Codepoints" registry.  This registry
documents which TLVs can appear in different types of IS-IS Protocol
Data Units (PDUs), but does not document which TLVs can be found in
zero Remaining Lifetime Link State PDUs (LSPs), a.k.a. purges.  This
document extends the existing registry to record the set of TLVs that
are permissible in purges and updates the rules for generating and
processing purges in the presence of authentication.  This document
updates RFC 3563, RFC 5304, and RFC 5310.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC