Subject: RFC 6257 on Bundle Security Protocol Specification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 22:12:18 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6257

        Title:      Bundle Security Protocol Specification 
        Author:     S. Symington, S. Farrell,
                    H. Weiss, P. Lovell
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       May 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      60
        Characters: 142509
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-security-19.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6257.txt

This document defines the bundle security protocol, which provides
data integrity and confidentiality services for the Bundle Protocol.
Separate capabilities are provided to protect the bundle payload and
additional data that may be included within the bundle.  We also
describe various security considerations including some policy
options.

This document is a product of the Delay-Tolerant Networking Research
Group and has been reviewed by that group.  No objections to its
publication as an RFC were raised.  This document defines an Experimental 
Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the IRTF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC