Subject: RFC 6236 on Negotiation of Generic Image Attributes in the Session Description Protocol (SDP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 16:00:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6236

        Title:      Negotiation of Generic Image Attributes 
                    in the Session Description Protocol (SDP) 
        Author:     I. Johansson, K. Jung
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: rfc6236
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-image-attributes-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6236.txt

This document proposes a new generic session setup attribute to make
it possible to negotiate different image attributes such as image
size.  A possible use case is to make it possible for a %low-end %hand-
held terminal to display video without the need to rescale the image,
something that may consume large amounts of memory and processing
power.  The document also helps to maintain an optimal bitrate for
video as only the image size that is desired by the receiver is
transmitted.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC