Subject: RFC 6258 on Delay-Tolerant Networking Metadata Extension Block

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 22:12:28 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6258

        Title:      Delay-Tolerant Networking Metadata Extension Block 
        Author:     S. Symington
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       May 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 22584
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-metadata-block-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6258.txt

This document defines an extension block that may be used with the
Delay-Tolerant Networking (DTN) Bundle Protocol.  This Metadata
Extension Block is designed to carry additional information that DTN
nodes can use to make processing decisions regarding bundles, such as
deciding whether to store a bundle or determining to which nodes to
forward a bundle.  The metadata that is carried in a metadata block
must be formatted according to the metadata type that is identified
in the block's metadata type field.  One specific metadata type, for
carrying URIs as metadata, is defined in this document.  Other
metadata types may be defined in separate documents.  This document
is a product of the Delay Tolerant Networking Research Group and has
been reviewed by that group.  No objections to its publication as an
RFC were raised.  This document defines an Experimental Protocol for the 
Internet community.

This document is a product of the IRTF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC