Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dime-ikev2-psk-diameter-06.txt> (Diameter IKEv2 PSK: Pre-Shared Secret-based Support for IKEv2 Server to Diameter Server Interaction) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 06:50:22 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Diameter Maintenance and
Extensions WG (dime) to consider the following document:
- 'Diameter IKEv2 PSK: Pre-Shared Secret-based Support for IKEv2 Server
   to Diameter Server Interaction'
  <draft-ietf-dime-ikev2-psk-diameter-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-06-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Internet Key Exchange protocol version 2 (IKEv2) is a component
   of the IPsec architecture and is used to perform mutual
   authentication as well as to establish and to maintain IPsec security
   associations (SAs) between the respective parties.  IKEv2 supports
   several different authentication mechanisms, such as the Extensible
   Authentication Protocol (EAP), certificates, and pre-shared secrets.

   With [RFC5778] the Diameter interworking for Mobile IPv6 between the
   Home Agent, as a Diameter client, and the Diameter server has been
   specified.  However, that specification focused on the usage of EAP
   and did not include support for pre-shared secret based
   authentication available with IKEv2.  This document specifies IKEv2
   server, as a Diameter client, to the Diameter server communication
   for IKEv2 with pre-shared secret based authentication.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-ikev2-psk-diameter/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-ikev2-psk-diameter/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.