Subject: RFC 6221 on Lightweight DHCPv6 Relay Agent

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 10:57:40 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6221

        Title:      Lightweight DHCPv6 Relay Agent 
        Author:     D. Miles, Ed.,
                    S. Ooghe, W. Dec,
                    S. Krishnan, A. Kavanagh
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 28471
        Updates:    RFC3315

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-ldra-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6221.txt

This document proposes a Lightweight DHCPv6 Relay Agent (LDRA) that
is used to insert relay agent options in DHCPv6 message exchanges
identifying client-facing interfaces.  The LDRA can be implemented in
existing access nodes (such as Digital Subscriber Link Access
Multiplexers (DSLAMs) and Ethernet switches) that do not support IPv6
control or routing functions.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC