Subject: RFC 6259 on Delay-Tolerant Networking Previous-Hop Insertion Block

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 22:12:40 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6259

        Title:      Delay-Tolerant Networking Previous-Hop Insertion Block 
        Author:     S. Symington
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       May 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 23278
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-previous-hop-block-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6259.txt

This document defines an extension block for use with the Delay-
Tolerant Networking (DTN) Bundle Protocol.  This Previous-Hop
Insertion Block (PHIB) extension block is designed to be inserted by
a forwarding node to provide the endpoint identifier (EID) of an
endpoint of which the forwarding node is a member so that this EID
may be conveyed to the next-hop receiving node.  Knowledge of an EID
of an endpoint of which a previous-hop node is a member may be
required in some circumstances to support certain routing protocols
(e.g., flood routing).  If this EID cannot be provided by the
convergence layer or other means, the PHIB defines the mechanism
whereby the EID can be provided with the bundle.  Each PHIB is always
removed from the bundle by the receiving node so that its presence
within the bundle is limited to exactly one hop.  This document
defines the format and processing of this PHIB.  This document is a
product of the Delay-Tolerant Networking Research Group and has been
reviewed by that group.  No objections to its publication as an RFC
were raised.  This document defines an Experimental Protocol for the 
Internet community.

This document is a product of the IRTF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC