Subject: RFC 6230 on Media Control Channel Framework

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 22:53:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6230

        Title:      Media Control Channel Framework 
        Author:     C. Boulton, T. Melanchuk,
                    S. McGlashan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      49
        Characters: 112479
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mediactrl-sip-control-framework-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6230.txt

This document describes a framework and protocol for application
deployment where the application programming logic and media
processing are distributed.  This implies that application
programming logic can seamlessly gain access to appropriate resources
that are not co-located on the same physical network entity.  The
framework uses the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) to establish an
application-level control mechanism between application servers and
associated external servers such as media servers.

The motivation for the creation of this framework is to provide an
interface suitable to meet the requirements of a centralized
conference system, where the conference system can be distributed, as
defined by the XCON working group in the IETF.  It is not, however,
limited to this scope.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Media Server Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC