Subject: Protocol Action: 'Transport Security Model for the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)' to Draft Standard

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 14:09:39 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Transport Security Model for the Simple Network Management Protocol 
   (SNMP) '
  RFC 5591 as a Draft Standard

This document is the product of the Integrated Security Model for SNMP
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Sean Turner and Tim Polk.

A URL of this RFC is:
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc5591.txt

Technical Summary

   This memo describes a Transport Security Model for the Simple Network
   Management Protocol (SNMP).

   This memo also defines a portion of the Management Information Base
   (MIB) for monitoring and managing the Transport Security Model for
   SNMP.

Working Group Summary

   There was nothing to note during WGLC or IETF LC.

Document Quality

   An implementations report can be found at:
  
http://www.ietf.org/iesg/implementation/report-rfc5343-5590-5591-5953.txt

Personnel

   Russ Mundy is the Document Shepherd.
   Sean Turner is the Responsible Area Director.