Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sieve-external-lists-09.txt> (Sieve Extension: Externally Stored Lists) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 15:57:28 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Sieve Mail Filtering Language WG
(sieve) to consider the following document:
- 'Sieve Extension: Externally Stored Lists'
  <draft-ietf-sieve-external-lists-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-06-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Sieve scripting language can be used to implement whitelisting,
   blacklisting, personal distribution lists, and other sorts of list
   matching.  Currently, this requires that all members of such lists be
   hardcoded in the script itself.  Whenever a member of a list is added
   or deleted, the script needs to be updated and possibly uploaded to a
   mail server.

   This document defines a Sieve extension for accessing externally
   stored lists -- lists whose members are stored externally to the
   script, such as using LDAP (RFC 4510), ACAP (RFC 2244), CardDAV (work
   in progress), or relational databases.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sieve-external-lists/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sieve-external-lists/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.