Subject: RFC 6279 on Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) Localized Routing Problem Statement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 18:43:30 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6279

        Title:      Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) Localized 
                    Routing Problem Statement 
        Author:     M. Liebsch, Ed.,
                    S. Jeong, Q. Wu
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 32954
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netext-pmip6-lr-ps-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6279.txt

Proxy Mobile IPv6 is the IETF Standard for network-based mobility
management.  In Proxy Mobile IPv6, mobile nodes are topologically
anchored at a Local Mobility Anchor, which forwards all data for
registered mobile nodes.  The setup and maintenance of localized
routing, which allows forwarding of data packets between two mobile
nodes' Mobility Access Gateways without involvement of their Local
Mobility Anchor in forwarding, is not considered.  This document
describes the problem space of localized routing in Proxy Mobile
IPv6.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Network-Based Mobility Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC