Subject: RFC 6266 on Use of the Content-Disposition Header Field in the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 09:08:50 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6266

        Title:      Use of the Content-Disposition Header 
                    Field in the Hypertext Transfer Protocol 
                    (HTTP) 
        Author:     J. Reschke
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 26080
        Updates:    RFC2616

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-httpbis-content-disp-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6266.txt

RFC 2616 defines the Content-Disposition response header field, but
points out that it is not part of the HTTP/1.1 Standard.  This
specification takes over the definition and registration of
Content-Disposition, as used in HTTP, and clarifies internationalization
aspects.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Bis Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC