Subject: IETF Nominations Committee Chair - 2011 - 2012

From: Lynn St.Amour <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 08:39:31 -0400

To the IETF community,

One of the roles you entrusted to the Internet Society (ISOC)  
President & CEO is to appoint the IETF Nominations Committee chair.    
This is done through consultation with the IETF community.

It gives me great pleasure to announce that Suresh Krishnan has agreed  
to serve as the 2011 - 2012 IETF Nominations Committee chair.

A Call for Nominations for this committee will be sent shortly to the  
IETF Announcement list; and a list of the IESG, IAB and IAOC/IETF  
Trust seats to be filled will also be published shortly.   Please give  
serious consideration to volunteering for the Nominations Committee as  
well as to possible candidates for the open positions. The NomCom  
process is central to the IETF's success, and it is important that it  
have the support of the IETF community.   In the interim, feel free to  
make your suggestions known to Suresh, who will share them with the  
committee once it is seated.  Suresh can be reached at: [email-masked] 
.

Thank you in advance for your support and a sincere thank you to  
Suresh for agreeing to take on this very significant responsibility.

Regards,

Lynn St. Amour

President & CEO
Internet Society (ISOC)