Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ftpext2-hosts-02.txt> (File Transfer Protocol HOST Command for Virtual Hosts) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 06:05:03 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the FTP Extensions, 2nd edition WG
(ftpext2) to consider the following document:
- 'File Transfer Protocol HOST Command for Virtual Hosts'
  <draft-ietf-ftpext2-hosts-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-06-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

The File Transfer Protocol, as defined in RFC 959 [RFC0959], does not
   provide a way for FTP clients and servers to differentiate between
   multiple DNS names that are registered for a single IP address.  This
   document defines a new FTP command that provides a mechanism for FTP
   clients and servers to identify individual virtual hosts on an FTP
   server.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ftpext2-hosts/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ftpext2-hosts/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.