Subject: RFC 6273 on The Secure Neighbor Discovery (SEND) Hash Threat Analysis

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 20:50:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6273

        Title:      The Secure Neighbor Discovery (SEND) 
                    Hash Threat Analysis 
        Author:     A. Kukec, S. Krishnan,
                    S. Jiang
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 13100
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-csi-hash-threat-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6273.txt

This document analyzes the use of hashes in Secure Neighbor Discovery
(SEND), the possible threats to these hashes and the impact of recent
attacks on hash functions used by SEND.  The SEND specification
currently uses the SHA-1 hash algorithm and PKIX certificates
and does not provide support for hash algorithm agility.  This
document provides an analysis of possible threats to the hash
algorithms used in SEND.  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational 
purposes.

This document is a product of the Cga & Send maIntenance Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC