Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-advisory-01.txt> (Advisory Guidelines for 6to4 Deployment) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 12:01:24 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Operations WG (v6ops) to
consider the following document:
- 'Advisory Guidelines for 6to4 Deployment'
  <draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-advisory-01.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-06-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides advice to network operators about deployment
   of the 6to4 technique for automatic tunneling of IPv6 over IPv4.  It
   is principally addressed to Internet Service Providers, including
   those that do not yet support IPv6, and to Content Providers.  Some
   advice to implementers is also included.  The intention of the advice
   is to minimise both user dissatisfaction and help desk calls.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-advisory/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-advisory/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.