Subject: RFC 6286 on Autonomous-System-Wide Unique BGP Identifier for BGP-4

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 09:52:18 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6286

        Title:      Autonomous-System-Wide Unique BGP Identifier for 
                    BGP-4 
        Author:     E. Chen, J. Yuan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 7497
        Updates:    RFC4271

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-bgp-identifier-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6286.txt

To accommodate situations where the current requirements for the BGP
Identifier are not met, this document relaxes the definition of the
BGP Identifier to be a 4-octet, unsigned, non-zero integer and relaxes
the "uniqueness" requirement so that only Autonomous-System-wide (AS-wide)
uniqueness of the BGP Identifiers is required.  These revisions to the
base BGP specification do not introduce any backward compatibility
issues.   This document updates RFC 4271.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC