Subject: RFC 6270 on The 'tn3270' URI Scheme

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 09:09:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6270

        Title:      The 'tn3270' URI Scheme 
        Author:     M. Yevstifeyev
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 10876
        Updates:    RFC2355, RFC1738, RFC1041

        I-D Tag:    draft-yevstifeyev-tn3270-uri-18.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6270.txt

This document is the specification of the 'tn3270' Uniform Resource 
Identifier (URI) scheme, which is used to designate the access to the 
resources available via Telnet 3270 mode (TN3270) and Telnet 3270 
Enhanced mode (TN3270E).  It updates RFC 1041 and RFC 2355, which 
specify these protocols, and RFC 1738, which firstly mentioned this 
URI scheme without defining its syntax and semantics.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC