Subject: RFC 6289 on A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for CableLabs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 12:46:36 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6289

        Title:      A Uniform Resource Name (URN) 
                    Namespace for CableLabs 
        Author:     E. Cardona, S. Channabasappa,
                    J-F. Mule
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 12976
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-cardona-cablelabs-urn-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6289.txt

This document describes the Namespace Identifier (NID) 'cablelabs'
for Uniform Resource Names (URNs) used to identify resources
published by Cable Television Laboratories, Inc. (CableLabs).
CableLabs specifies and manages resources that utilize this URN
identification model.  Management activities for these and other
resource types are handled by the manager of the CableLabs' Assigned
Names and Numbers registry.  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC