Subject: RFC 6277 on Online Certificate Status Protocol Algorithm Agility

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 10:27:13 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6277

        Title:      Online Certificate Status Protocol Algorithm 
                    Agility 
        Author:     S. Santesson, P. Hallam-Baker
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 21682
        Updates:    RFC2560

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-ocspagility-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6277.txt

The Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) requires
server responses to be signed but does not specify a mechanism for
selecting the signature algorithm to be used.  This may lead to
avoidable interoperability failures in contexts where multiple
signature algorithms are in use.  This document specifies rules for
server signature algorithm selection and an extension that allows a
client to advise a server that specific signature algorithms are
supported.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC