Subject: RFC 6271 on Requirements for SIP-Based Session Peering

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 15:35:20 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6271

        Title:      Requirements for SIP-Based Session Peering 
        Author:     J-F. Mule
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 54492
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-speermint-requirements-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6271.txt

This memo captures protocol requirements to enable session peering of
voice, presence, instant messaging, and other types of multimedia
traffic.  This informational document is intended to link the various
use cases described for session peering to protocol solutions.  This 
document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Session PEERing for Multimedia INTerconnect Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC