Subject: RFC 6272 on Internet Protocols for the Smart Grid

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 18:43:16 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6272

        Title:      Internet Protocols for the Smart 
                    Grid 
        Author:     F. Baker, D. Meyer
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      66
        Characters: 162815
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-baker-ietf-core-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6272.txt

This note identifies the key infrastructure protocols of the Internet
Protocol Suite for use in the Smart Grid.  The target audience is
those people seeking guidance on how to construct an appropriate
Internet Protocol Suite profile for the Smart Grid.  In practice,
such a profile would consist of selecting what is needed for Smart
Grid deployment from the picture presented here.  This document is 
not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for 
informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC