Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic-04.txt> (Request to move Connection of IPv6 Domains via IPv4 Clouds (6to4) to Historic status) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 09:23:26 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Operations WG (v6ops) to
consider the following document:
- 'Request to move Connection of IPv6 Domains via IPv4 Clouds (6to4) to
   Historic status'
  <draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-06-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Experience with the "Connection of IPv6 Domains via IPv4 Clouds
   (6to4)" IPv6 transitioning mechanism has shown that the mechanism is
   unsuitable for widespread deployment and use in the Internet.  This
   document requests that RFC3056 and the companion document "An Anycast
   Prefix for 6to4 Relay Routers" RFC3068 are moved to historic status.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.