Subject: RFC 6244 on An Architecture for Network Management Using NETCONF and YANG

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 12:46:21 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6244

        Title:      An Architecture for Network Management 
                    Using NETCONF and YANG 
        Author:     P. Shafer
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 63276
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netmod-arch-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6244.txt

The Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) gives access to native
capabilities of the devices within a network, defining methods for
manipulating configuration databases, retrieving operational data,
and invoking specific operations.  YANG provides the means to define
the content carried via NETCONF, both data and operations.  Using
both technologies, standard modules can be defined to give
interoperability and commonality to devices, while still allowing
devices to express their unique capabilities.

This document describes how NETCONF and YANG help build network
management applications that meet the needs of network operators.
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the NETCONF Data Modeling Language Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC