Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-p2mp-14.txt> (Label Distribution Protocol Extensions for Point-to-Multipoint and Multipoint-to-Multipoint Label Switched Paths) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 08:08:19 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Label Distribution Protocol Extensions for Point-to-Multipoint and
   Multipoint-to-Multipoint Label Switched Paths'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-p2mp-14.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-07-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes extensions to the Label Distribution Protocol
   for the setup of Point-to-Multipoint and Multipoint-to-Multipoint
   Label Switched Paths in Multi-Protocol Label Switching networks.
   These extensions are also referred to as Multipoint LDP.  Multipoint
   LDP constructs the P2MP or MP2MP Label Switched Paths without
   interacting with or relying upon any other multicast tree
   construction protocol.  Protocol elements and procedures for this
   solution are described for building such Label Switched Paths in a
   receiver-initiated manner.  There can be various applications for
   Multipoint Label Switched Paths, for example IP multicast or support
   for multicast in BGP/MPLS L3VPNs.  Specification of how such
   applications can use a LDP signaled Multipoint Label Switched Path is
   outside the scope of this document.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-p2mp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-p2mp/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1064/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1285/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1086/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1454/