Subject: RFC 6249 on Metalink/HTTP: Mirrors and Hashes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 09:52:08 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6249

        Title:      Metalink/HTTP: Mirrors and Hashes 
        Author:     A. Bryan, N. McNab,
                    T. Tsujikawa, P. Poeml,
                    H. Nordstrom
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 45303
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-bryan-metalinkhttp-22.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6249.txt

This document specifies Metalink/HTTP: Mirrors and Cryptographic
Hashes in HTTP header fields, a different way to get information that
is usually contained in the Metalink XML-based download description
format.  Metalink/HTTP describes multiple download locations
(mirrors), Peer-to-Peer, cryptographic hashes, digital signatures,
and other information using existing standards for HTTP header
fields.  Metalink clients can use this information to make file
transfers more robust and reliable.  Normative requirements for
Metalink/HTTP clients and servers are described here.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC