Subject: RFC 6318 on Suite B in Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 12:47:08 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6318

        Title:      Suite B in Secure/Multipurpose Internet 
                    Mail Extensions (S/MIME) 
        Author:     R. Housley, J. Solinas
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 31488
        Obsoletes:  RFC5008

        I-D Tag:    draft-housley-rfc5008bis-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6318.txt

This document specifies the conventions for using the United States 
National Security Agency's Suite B algorithms in Secure/Multipurpose 
Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME) as specified in RFC 5751.  This 
document obsoletes RFC 5008.  This document is not an Internet Standards 
Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC