Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-cc-cv-rdi-05.txt> (Proactive Connectivity Verification, Continuity Check and Remote Defect indication for MPLS Transport Profile) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 06:46:42 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Proactive Connectivity Verification, Continuity Check and Remote
   Defect indication for MPLS Transport Profile'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-cc-cv-rdi-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-07-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Continuity Check, Proactive Connectivity Verification and Remote
   Defect Indication functionalities are required for MPLS-TP OAM.

   Continuity Check monitors the integrity of the continuity of the
   label switched path for any loss of continuity defect. Connectivity
   verification monitors the integrity of the routing of the label
   switched path between sink and source for any connectivity issues.
   Remote defect indication enables an End Point to report, to its
   associated End Point, a fault or defect condition that it detects on
   a pseudo wire, label switched path or Section.

   This document specifies methods for proactive continuity check,
   continuity verification, and remote defect indication for MPLS-TP
   label switched paths, pseudo wires and Sections using Bidirectional
   Forwarding Detection.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-cc-cv-rdi/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-cc-cv-rdi/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.