Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871bis-12.txt> (DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Signatures) to Draft Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 14:38:58 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Domain Keys Identified Mail WG
(dkim) to consider the following document:
- 'DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Signatures'
  <draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871bis-12.txt> as a Draft Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-06-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) permits a person, role, or
   organization that owns the signing domain to claim some
   responsibility for a message by associating the domain with the
   message.  This can be an author's organization, an operational relay
   or one of their agents.  DKIM separates the question of the identity
   of the signer of the message from the purported author of the
   message.  Assertion of responsibility is validated through a
   cryptographic signature and querying the signer's domain directly to
   retrieve the appropriate public key.  Message transit from author to
   recipient is through relays that typically make no substantive change
   to the message content and thus preserve the DKIM signature.

   This memo obsoletes RFC4871 and RFC5672.

DIffs from RFC 4871

   Changes from RFC 4871 can be found at:
   http://www.trusteddomain.org/dkim-diff.html

DOWNREFs

   This specification contains two normative references to proposed
   standard RFCs: RFC 3447 and RFC 5890.

   This specification contains two normative references to non-IETF
   RFCs: FIPS-180-3-2008 (SHA) and ITU-X660-1997 (ASN.1).

   This specification contains one normative reference to an
   informational RFC: RFC 5598.

   This specification also contains one informative reference to a
   historical document: RFC 4870.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871bis/

Implementation Report can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/iesg/implementation/report-rfc4871.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871bis/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1547/