Subject: RFC 6278 on Use of Static-Static Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman Key Agreement in Cryptographic Message Syntax

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 10:27:52 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6278

        Title:      Use of Static-Static Elliptic Curve 
                    Diffie-Hellman Key Agreement in Cryptographic Message 
                    Syntax 
        Author:     J. Herzog, R. Khazan
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 36593
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-herzog-static-ecdh-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6278.txt

This document describes how to use the 'static-static Elliptic Curve
Diffie-Hellman key-agreement scheme (i.e., Elliptic Curve Diffie-
Hellman where both participants use static Diffie-Hellman values)
with the Cryptographic Message Syntax.  In this form of key
agreement, the Diffie-Hellman values of both the sender and receiver
are long-term values contained in certificates.  This document is not 
an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for 
informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC