Subject: RFC 6297 on A Survey of Lower-than-Best-Effort Transport Protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 15:37:27 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6297

        Title:      A Survey of Lower-than-Best-Effort Transport 
                    Protocols 
        Author:     M. Welzl, D. Ros
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 46532
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ledbat-survey-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6297.txt

This document provides a survey of transport protocols that are
designed to have a smaller bandwidth and/or delay impact on standard
TCP than standard TCP itself when they share a bottleneck with it.
Such protocols could be used for delay-insensitive "background"
traffic, as they provide what is sometimes called a "less than" (or
"lower than") best-effort service.  This document is not an 
Internet Standards Track specification; it is published 
for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Low Extra Delay Background Transport Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC