Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-subnet-alloc-12.txt> (Subnet Allocation Option) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 06:39:25 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Dynamic Host Configuration WG
(dhc) to consider the following document:
- 'Subnet Allocation Option'
  <draft-ietf-dhc-subnet-alloc-12.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-06-22. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a new DHCP option which is passed between the
   DHCP Client and the DHCP Server to request dynamic allocation of a
   subnet, give specifications of subnet(s) allocated, and report usage
   statistics.  This memo documents the current usage of the option in
   agreement with [RFC3942], which declares that any pre-existing usages
   of option numbers in the range 128 - 223 should be documented and the
   working group will try to officially assign those numbers to those
   options.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-subnet-alloc/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-subnet-alloc/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/811/