Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-roll-of0-14.txt> (RPL Objective Function 0) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 08:08:50 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Routing Over Low power and Lossy
networks WG (roll) to consider the following document:
- 'RPL Objective Function 0'
  <draft-ietf-roll-of0-14.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-07-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Routing Protocol for Low Power and Lossy Networks (RPL)
   specification defines a generic Distance Vector protocol that is
   adapted to a variety of networks types by the application of specific
   Objective Functions.  An Objective Function defines how a RPL node
   selects and optimizes routes within a RPL Instance based on the
   information objects available.  This document specifies a basic
   Objective Function that relies only on the objects that are defined
   in RPL and does not use any extension.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-of0/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-of0/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.