Subject: RFC 6267 on MIKEY-IBAKE: Identity-Based Authenticated Key Exchange (IBAKE) Mode ofKey Distribution in Multimedia Internet KEYing (MIKEY)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 15:35:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6267

        Title:      MIKEY-IBAKE: Identity-Based Authenticated Key Exchange 
                    (IBAKE) Mode of Key Distribution in 
                    Multimedia Internet KEYing (MIKEY) 
        Author:     V. Cakulev, G. Sundaram
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 68031
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-cakulev-mikey-ibake-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6267.txt

This document describes a key management protocol variant for the
Multimedia Internet KEYing (MIKEY) protocol that relies on a trusted
key management service.  In particular, this variant utilizes
Identity-Based Authenticated Key Exchange (IBAKE) framework that
allows the participating clients to perform mutual authentication and
derive a session key in an asymmetric Identity-Based Encryption (IBE)
framework.  This protocol, in addition to providing mutual
authentication, eliminates the key escrow problem that is common in
standard IBE and provides perfect forward and backward secrecy.  
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC