Subject: Last Call: <draft-forte-lost-extensions-06.txt> (Location-to-Service Translation (LoST) Protocol Extensions) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 08:23:53 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Location-to-Service Translation (LoST) Protocol Extensions'
  <draft-forte-lost-extensions-06.txt> as an Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-07-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   An important class of location-based services answer the question
   "What instances of this service are closest to me?"  Examples include
   finding restaurants, gas stations, stores, automated teller machines,
   wireless access points (hot spots) or parking spaces.  Currently, the
   Location-to-Service Translation (LoST) protocol only supports mapping
   locations to a single service based on service regions.  This
   document describes an extension that allows queries of the type "N
   nearest", "within distance X" and "served by".

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-forte-lost-extensions/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-forte-lost-extensions/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.