Subject: Protocol Action: 'Context Token Encapsulate/Decapsulate and OID Comparison Functions for the Generic Security Service Application Program Interface (GSS-API)' to Proposed Standard (draft-josefsson-gss-capsulate-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 13:42:32 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Context Token Encapsulate/Decapsulate and OID Comparison Functions for
   the Generic Security Service Application Program Interface (GSS-
   API)'
  (draft-josefsson-gss-capsulate-05.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Stephen Farrell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-josefsson-gss-capsulate/

Technical Summary

   This document describes three abstract Generic Security Service
   Application Program Interface (GSS-API) interfaces used to
   encapsulate/decapsulate context tokens and compare OIDs. The
   document also specify C bindings for the abstract interfaces.

Working Group Summary

   This document is not a product of any WG.

Document Quality

   The document was reviewed by multiple Kitten WG participants.
   There are at least 3 implementations of the document. 

Personnel

   Alexey Melnikov ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd.
   Stephen Farrell is the responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

Please replace the last paragraph of section 1 as follows:

OLD:

    The intention is that text from this specification should be possible
    to use for implementation documentation, and for this reason this
    entire document should be considered a code component.

NEW:

    Text from this specification should be possible
    to use for implementation documentation, and for this reason sections
    3-6 and 9 below should be considered a code component.