Subject: Protocol Action: 'Operating Virtual Concatenation (VCAT) and the Link Capacity Adjustment Scheme (LCAS) with Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-vcat-lcas-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 09:18:00 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Operating Virtual Concatenation (VCAT) and the Link Capacity
   Adjustment Scheme (LCAS) with Generalized Multi-Protocol Label
   Switching (GMPLS)'
  (draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-vcat-lcas-13.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-vcat-lcas/

Technical Summary

  This document describes requirements for, and use of, the Generalized
  Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) control plane in support of
  the Virtual Concatenation (VCAT) layer 1 inverse multiplexing data
  plane mechanism and its companion Link Capacity Adjustment Scheme
  (LCAS) which can be used for hitless dynamic resizing of the inverse
  multiplex group. These techniques apply to Optical Transport Network
  (OTN), Synchronous Optical Network (SONET), Synchronous Digital
  Hierarchy (SDH), and Plesiochronous Digital Hierarchy (PDH) signals.
  This document updates the procedures for supporting virtual
  concatenation in RFC4606.

Working Group Summary

  This document received much attention and discussion in its early
  revisions.

  The document has been stable for quite some time, mainly needing
  revisions as part of the publication process.

Document Quality

  There have been no public statements related to implementations.

Personnel

  Deborah Brungard ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
  Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD

RFC Editor Note

Abstract
OLD
   This document describes requirements for, and use of, the
   Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) control plane in
   support of the Virtual Concatenation (VCAT) layer 1 inverse
   multiplexing data plane mechanism and its companion Link Capacity
   Adjustment Scheme (LCAS) which can be used for hitless dynamic
   resizing of the inverse multiplex group.
NEW
   This document describes requirements for, and use of, the
   Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) control plane in
   support of the Virtual Concatenation (VCAT) layer 1 inverse
   multiplexing data plane mechanism and its companion Link Capacity
   Adjustment Scheme (LCAS).  LCAS can be used for hitless dynamic
   resizing of the inverse multiplex group.
END

---

Section 2.3 Final bullet paragraph. Replace dash with comma.
OLD
     - Identification of the VCG and its associated members. This
       provides information that allows the endpoints to differentiate
       multiple VCGs and to tell what members - label switched paths
       (LSPs)- to associate with a particular VCG.
NEW
     - Identification of the VCG and its associated members. This
       provides information that allows the endpoints to differentiate
       multiple VCGs and to tell what member, label switched paths
       (LSPs), to associate with a particular VCG.
END

---

Section 3
Replace all double dash (--) with single dash (-)

---

Section 5. Caption to the figure should read

   Figure 1 - Conceptual containment relationship between VCG, VCAT
          calls, control plane LSPs, and data plane connections.

---

Authors' Addresses

OLD
Email: diego.caviglia@(marconi.com, ericsson.com)
NEW
Email: [email-masked]
END