Subject: RFC 6296 on IPv6-to-IPv6 Network Prefix Translation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 15:37:12 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6296

        Title:      IPv6-to-IPv6 Network Prefix Translation 
        Author:     M. Wasserman, F. Baker
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 73700
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-mrw-nat66-16.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6296.txt

This document describes a stateless, transport-agnostic IPv6-to-IPv6
Network Prefix Translation (NPTv6) function that provides the
address-independence benefit associated with IPv4-to-IPv4 NAT
(NAPT44) and provides a 1:1 relationship between addresses in the
"inside" and "outside" prefixes, preserving end-to-end reachability
at the network layer.  This document defines an Experimental Protocol 
for the Internet community.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC