Subject: Document Action: 'Datatracker Extensions to Include IANA and RFC Editor Processing Information' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-genarea-datatracker-iana-rfced-extns-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 13:49:11 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Datatracker Extensions to Include IANA and RFC Editor Processing
   Information'
  (draft-ietf-genarea-datatracker-iana-rfced-extns-04.txt) as an
Informational RFC

This document is the product of the General Area.

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-genarea-datatracker-iana-rfced-extns/

Technical Summary

    The IETF Datatracker will be enhanced to make it possible for the
    IANA and the RFC Editor to provide more transparency into status
    and progress of documents in their respective queues.

    This document captures the requirements for integrating IANA and
    RFC Editor state information into the Datatracker, providing the
    community with a unified tool to track the status of documents as
    they progress from Internet-Draft (I-D) version -00 to RFC.  One
    goal is to improve transparency to document authors and the whole
    Internet community.  Another goal is to increase automation
    between the Datatracker, IANA, and RFC Editor, thus reducing manual
    labor, processing errors, and potential delay.  

Working Group Summary

    This document is not the product of an IETF WG.

Document Quality

    The document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

Personnel

    Russ Housley is the Document Shepherd.