Subject: Document Action: 'Use Cases and Requirements for SIP-based Media Recording (SIPREC)' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-siprec-req-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 09:24:09 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Use Cases and Requirements for SIP-based Media Recording (SIPREC)'
  (draft-ietf-siprec-req-12.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the SIP Recording Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Gonzalo Camarillo and Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-siprec-req/

Technical Summary

This document summarizes the requirements for a SIP-based mechanism for
controlling a session (media) recorder, taking into account any special
security or privacy considerations as well as the distinction between
the session that is being recorded and the session established for the
purpose of recording.

Working Group Summary

There were no particularly controversial issues, although significant
time was spent working on requirements relating to privacy and
notifications.

Document Quality

The document has been reviewed by participants within the IETF SIPREC
WG, including representatives from traditional SIP vendors as well as
from session recording vendors.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Who is the 
   Responsible Area Director?  If the document requires IANA
   experts(s), insert 'The IANA Expert(s) for the registries
   in this document are <TO BE ADDED BY THE AD>.'

John Elwell is the document shepherd.
Gonzalo Camarillo is the responsible AD.