Subject: RFC 6295 on RTP Payload Format for MIDI

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 21:17:40 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6295

        Title:      RTP Payload Format for MIDI 
        Author:     J. Lazzaro, J. Wawrzynek
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      171
        Characters: 409730
        Obsoletes:  RFC4695

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-payload-rfc4695-bis-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6295.txt

This memo describes a Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) payload
format for the MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) command
language.  The format encodes all commands that may legally appear on
a MIDI 1.0 DIN cable.  The format is suitable for interactive
applications (such as network musical performance) and content-delivery
applications (such as file streaming).  The format may be
used over unicast and multicast UDP and TCP, and it defines tools for
graceful recovery from packet loss.  Stream behavior, including the
MIDI rendering method, may be customized during session setup.  The
format also serves as a mode for the mpeg4-generic format, to support
the MPEG 4 Audio Object Types for General MIDI, Downloadable Sounds
Level 2, and Structured Audio.  This document obsoletes RFC 4695.
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Payloads Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC