Subject: RFC 6281 on Understanding Apple's Back to My Mac (BTMM) Service

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 15:35:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6281

        Title:      Understanding Apple's Back to My 
                    Mac (BTMM) Service 
        Author:     S. Cheshire, Z. Zhu,
                    R. Wakikawa, L. Zhang
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 39314
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-zhu-mobileme-doc-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6281.txt

This document describes the implementation of Apple Inc.'s Back to My
Mac (BTMM) service.  BTMM provides network connectivity between
devices so that a user can perform file sharing and screen sharing
among multiple computers at home, at work, or on the road.  The
implementation of BTMM addresses the issues of single sign-on
authentication, secure data communication, service discovery, and
end-to-end connectivity in the face of Network Address Translators
(NATs) and mobility of devices.  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational 
purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC