Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-flow-ecmp-03.txt> (Using the IPv6 flow label for equal cost multipath routing and link aggregation in tunnels) to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 08:06:52 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document:
- 'Using the IPv6 flow label for equal cost multipath routing and link
   aggregation in tunnels'
  <draft-ietf-6man-flow-ecmp-03.txt> as a BCP

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-07-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The IPv6 flow label has certain restrictions on its use.  This
   document describes how those restrictions apply when using the flow
   label for load balancing by equal cost multipath routing, and for
   link aggregation, particularly for IP-in-IPv6 tunneled traffic.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-flow-ecmp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-flow-ecmp/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.