Subject: RFC 6314 on NAT Traversal Practices for Client-Server SIP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 09:05:28 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6314

        Title:      NAT Traversal Practices for Client-Server 
                    SIP 
        Author:     C. Boulton, J. Rosenberg,
                    G. Camarillo, F. Audet
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      60
        Characters: 152998
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipping-nat-scenarios-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6314.txt

Traversal of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the sessions
it establishes through Network Address Translators (NATs) is a
complex problem.  Currently, there are many deployment scenarios and
traversal mechanisms for media traffic.  This document provides
concrete recommendations and a unified method for NAT traversal as
well as documents corresponding flows.  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC