Subject: Last Call: <draft-kivinen-ipsecme-secure-password-framework-01.txt> (Secure Password Framework for IKEv2) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 09:44:59 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Secure Password Framework for IKEv2'
  <draft-kivinen-ipsecme-secure-password-framework-01.txt> as an
Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-08-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document creates a generic way for Internet Key Exchange (IKEv2)
   to use any of the symmetric secure password authentication methods.
   There are multiple methods already specified in other documents and
   this document does not add new one.  This document specifies a common
   way so those methods can agree on which method is to be used in
   current connection.  This document also provides a common way to
   transmit secure password authentication method specific payloads
   between peers.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kivinen-ipsecme-secure-password-framework/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kivinen-ipsecme-secure-password-framework/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.