Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mboned-mtrace-v2-08.txt> (Mtrace Version 2: Traceroute Facility for IP Multicast) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 10:43:11 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the MBONE Deployment WG (mboned) to
consider the following document:
- 'Mtrace Version 2: Traceroute Facility for IP Multicast'
  <draft-ietf-mboned-mtrace-v2-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-07-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

This document describes the IP multicast traceroute facility.  Unlike
unicast traceroute, multicast traceroute requires special
implementations on the part of routers.  This specification describes
the required functionality in multicast routers, as well as how
management applications can use the router functionality.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mboned-mtrace-v2/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mboned-mtrace-v2/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.