Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-te-no-php-oob-mapping-08.txt> (Non Penultimate Hop Popping Behavior and out-of-band mapping for RSVP-TE Label Switched Paths) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 05:38:44 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Non Penultimate Hop Popping Behavior and out-of-band mapping for RSVP-
   TE Label Switched Paths'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-te-no-php-oob-mapping-08.txt> as a Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-08-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

      There are many deployment scenarios which require Egress Label
      Switching Router (LSR) to receive binding of the Resource
      ReserVation Protocol Traffic Engineered (RSVP-TE) Label Switched
      Path (LSP) to an application, and payload identification, using
      some "out-of-band" (OOB) mechanism. This document defines
      protocol mechanisms to address this requirement. The procedures
      described in this document are equally applicable for point-to-
      point (P2P) and point-to-multipoint (P2MP) LSPs.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-te-no-php-oob-mapping/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-te-no-php-oob-mapping/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

This document makes a DownRef in the form of a Normative reference to an Informational RFC: RFC 5920