Subject: RFC 6319 on Issues Associated with Designating Additional Private IPv4 Address Space

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 16:48:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6319

        Title:      Issues Associated with Designating Additional 
                    Private IPv4 Address Space 
        Author:     M. Azinger, L. Vegoda
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 26939
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-azinger-additional-private-ipv4-space-issues-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6319.txt

When a private network or internetwork grows very large, it is
sometimes not possible to address all interfaces using private IPv4
address space because there are not enough addresses.  This document
describes the problems faced by those networks, the available
options, and the issues involved in assigning a new block of private
IPv4 address space.

While this informational document does not make a recommendation for
action, it documents the issues surrounding the various options that
have been considered.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC