Subject: RFC 6268 on Additional New ASN.1 Modules for the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and the Public Key Infrastructure Using X.509 (PKIX)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 15:19:12 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6268

        Title:      Additional New ASN.1 Modules for 
                    the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and 
                    the Public Key Infrastructure Using X.509 
                    (PKIX) 
        Author:     J. Schaad, S. Turner
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      33
        Characters: 55693
        Updates:    RFC5911

        I-D Tag:    draft-turner-additional-new-asn-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6268.txt

The Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) format, and many associated
formats, are expressed using ASN.1.  The current ASN.1 modules
conform to the 1988 version of ASN.1.  This document updates some
auxiliary ASN.1 modules to conform to the 2008 version of ASN.1; the
1988 ASN.1 modules remain the normative version.  There are no bits-
on-the-wire changes to any of the formats; this is simply a change to
the syntax.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC