Subject: BCP 164, RFC 6328 on IANA Considerations for Network Layer Protocol Identifiers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 09:07:18 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 164        
        RFC 6328

        Title:      IANA Considerations for Network Layer 
                    Protocol Identifiers 
        Author:     D. Eastlake 3rd
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 16123
        See Also:   BCP0164

        I-D Tag:    draft-eastlake-nlpid-iana-considerations-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6328.txt

Some protocols being developed or extended by the IETF make use of
the ISO/IEC (International Organization for Standardization /
International Electrotechnical Commission) Network Layer Protocol
Identifier (NLPID).  This document provides NLPID IANA considerations.
This memo documents an Internet Best Current Practice.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC