Subject: RFC 6134 on Sieve Extension: Externally Stored Lists

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 17:57:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6134

        Title:      Sieve Extension: Externally Stored Lists 
        Author:     A. Melnikov, B. Leiba
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 37379
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sieve-external-lists-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6134.txt

The Sieve email filtering language can be used to implement email
whitelisting, blacklisting, personal distribution lists, and other
sorts of list matching.  Currently, this requires that all members of
such lists be hard-coded in the script itself.  Whenever a member of
a list is added or deleted, the script needs to be updated and
possibly uploaded to a mail server.

This document defines a Sieve extension for accessing externally
stored lists -- lists whose members are stored externally to the
script, such as using the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol
(LDAP), the Application Configuration Access Protocol (ACAP), vCard
Extensions to WebDAV (CardDAV), or relational databases.  
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Sieve Mail Filtering Language Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC