Subject: Third Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-loss-delay-03.txt> (Packet Loss and Delay Measurement for MPLS Networks) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 08:28:57 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Packet Loss and Delay Measurement for MPLS Networks'
<draft-ietf-mpls-loss-delay-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This is a third last call. The last call is only necessary because of a
further late-received IPR disclosure.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-08-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

Many service provider service level agreements (SLAs) depend on the
ability to measure and monitor performance metrics for packet loss
and one-way and two-way delay, as well as related metrics such as
delay variation and channel throughput. This measurement capability
also provides operators with greater visibility into the performance
characteristics of their networks, thereby facilitating planning,
troubleshooting, and evaluation. This document specifies protocol
mechanisms to enable the efficient and accurate measurement of these
performance metrics in MPLS networks.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-loss-delay/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-loss-delay/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1574/
http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1584/