Subject: Re: Informational RFC to be: <draft-bankoski-vp8-bitstream-04.txt>

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 13:13:03 -0700

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'VP8 Data Format and
Decoding Guide' <draft-bankoski-vp8-bitstream-04.txt> as an Informational
RFC.

The IESG would also like the RFC-Editor to review the comments in
the datatracker
(http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bankoski-vp8-bitstream/) related
to this document and determine whether or not they merit incorporation
into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot and the comment
log.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bankoski-vp8-bitstream/

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

  This document describes the VP8 compressed video data format,
  together with a discussion of the decoding procedure for the format.

Working Group Summary

  This document is not the result of any IETF Working Group.  
  It is an Independent Stream submission to the RFC Editor.

Personnel

  Robert Sparks shepherded the RFC5742 review.

Note to the RFC Editor

   Per RFC5742:

       1. The IESG has concluded that there is no conflict between this
      document and IETF work.