Subject: RFC 6322 on Datatracker States and Annotations for the IAB, IRTF, and Independent Submission Streams

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 17:59:36 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6322

        Title:      Datatracker States and Annotations for 
                    the IAB, IRTF, and Independent Submission 
                    Streams 
        Author:     P. Hoffman
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 24153
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-hoffman-alt-streams-tracker-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6322.txt

This document describes extending the IETF Datatracker to capture and
display the progression of Internet-Drafts that are intended to be
published as RFCs by the IAB, IRTF, or Independent Submissions
Editor.  The states and annotations that are to be added to the
Datatracker will be applied to Internet-Drafts as soon as any of
these streams identify the Internet-Draft as a potential eventual
RFC, and will continue through the lifetime of the Internet-Draft.
The goal of adding this information to the Datatracker is to give the
whole Internet community more information about the status of these
Internet-Drafts and the streams from which they originate.
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC