Subject: RFC 6301 on A Survey of Mobility Support in the Internet

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 17:30:50 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6301

        Title:      A Survey of Mobility Support 
                    in the Internet 
        Author:     Z. Zhu, R. Wakikawa,
                    L. Zhang
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      33
        Characters: 84861
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-zhu-mobility-survey-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6301.txt

Over the last two decades, many efforts have been devoted to
developing solutions for mobility support over the global Internet,
resulting in a variety of proposed solutions.  We conducted a
systematic survey of the previous efforts to gain an overall
understanding on the solution space of mobility support.  This
document reports our findings and identifies remaining issues in
providing ubiquitous and efficient Internet mobility support on a
global scale.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC