Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pim-hello-intid-01.txt> (An Interface ID Hello Option for PIM) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 05:37:57 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Protocol Independent Multicast
WG (pim) to consider the following document:
- 'An Interface ID Hello Option for PIM'
  <draft-ietf-pim-hello-intid-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-08-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a new PIM Hello option to advertise an
   interface identifier that can be used by PIM protocols to uniquely
   identify an interface of a neighboring router.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-hello-intid/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-hello-intid/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.