Subject: RFC 6276 on DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation for Network Mobility (NEMO)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 17:58:10 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6276

        Title:      DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation for Network 
                    Mobility (NEMO) 
        Author:     R. Droms, P. Thubert,
                    F. Dupont, W. Haddad,
                    C. Bernardos
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 30430
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mext-nemo-pd-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6276.txt

One aspect of network mobility support is the assignment of a prefix
or prefixes to a mobile router for use on the links in the mobile
network.  This document specifies how DHCPv6 prefix delegation can be
used for this configuration task.  The mobile router plays the role
of requesting router, while the home agent assumes the role of
delegating router.  When the mobile router is outside its home
network, the mobile router also assumes the role of DHCPv6 relay
agent, co-located with the requesting router function.  
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Mobility EXTensions for IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC