Subject: RFC 6310 on Pseudowire (PW) Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) Message Mapping

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 15:19:31 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6310

        Title:      Pseudowire (PW) Operations, Administration, and 
                    Maintenance (OAM) Message Mapping 
        Author:     M. Aissaoui, P. Busschbach,
                    L. Martini, M. Morrow,
                    T. Nadeau, Y(J). Stein
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      40
        Characters: 85733
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pwe3-oam-msg-map-16.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6310.txt

This document specifies the mapping and notification of defect states
between a pseudowire (PW) and the Attachment Circuits (ACs) of the
end-to-end emulated service.  It standardizes the behavior of
Provider Edges (PEs) with respect to PW and AC defects.  It addresses
ATM, Frame Relay, Time Division Multiplexing (TDM), and Synchronous
Optical Network / Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SONET/SDH) PW
services, carried over MPLS, MPLS/IP, and Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol
version 3/IP (L2TPv3/IP) Packet Switched Networks (PSNs).  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC