Subject: RFC 6274 on Security Assessment of the Internet Protocol Version 4

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 09:45:51 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6274

        Title:      Security Assessment of the Internet 
                    Protocol Version 4 
        Author:     F. Gont
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      75
        Characters: 179909
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-opsec-ip-security-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6274.txt

This document contains a security assessment of the IETF
specifications of the Internet Protocol version 4 and of a number of
mechanisms and policies in use by popular IPv4 implementations.  It
is based on the results of a project carried out by the UK's Centre
for the Protection of National Infrastructure (CPNI).  This document 
is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for
informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC