Subject: RFC 6323 on Sender RTT Estimate Option for the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 15:19:46 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6323

        Title:      Sender RTT Estimate Option for 
                    the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP) 
        Author:     G. Renker, G. Fairhurst
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 27434
        Updates:    RFC4342, RFC5622

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dccp-tfrc-rtt-option-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6323.txt

This document specifies an update to the round-trip time (RTT)
estimation algorithm used for TFRC (TCP-Friendly Rate Control)
congestion control by the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol
(DCCP).  It updates specifications for the CCID-3 and CCID-4
Congestion Control IDs of DCCP.

The update addresses parameter-estimation problems occurring with
TFRC-based DCCP congestion control.  It uses a recommendation made in
the original TFRC specification to avoid the inherent problems of
receiver-based RTT sampling, by utilising higher-accuracy RTT samples
already available at the sender.

It is integrated into the feature set of DCCP as an end-to-end
negotiable extension.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC