Subject: RFC 6225 on Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Options for Coordinate-Based Location Configuration Information

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 15:18:55 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6225

        Title:      Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Options 
                    for Coordinate-Based Location Configuration 
                    Information 
        Author:     J. Polk, M. Linsner,
                    M. Thomson, B. Aboba, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      36
        Characters: 77001
        Obsoletes:  RFC3825

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-geopriv-rfc3825bis-17.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6225.txt

This document specifies Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol options
(both DHCPv4 and DHCPv6) for the coordinate-based geographic location
of the client.  The Location Configuration Information (LCI) includes
Latitude, Longitude, and Altitude, with resolution or uncertainty
indicators for each.  Separate parameters indicate the reference
datum for each of these values.  This document obsoletes RFC 3825.
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC