Subject: Last Call: <draft-gundavelli-v6ops-pmipv6-address-reservations-00.txt> (Reserved IPv6 Interface Identifier for Proxy Mobile IPv6) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 05:14:36 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Reserved IPv6 Interface Identifier for Proxy Mobile IPv6'
  <draft-gundavelli-v6ops-pmipv6-address-reservations-00.txt> as an
Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-08-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Proxy Mobile IPv6 [RFC5213] requires all the mobile access gateways
   to use a fixed link-local and link-layer addresses on any of its
   access links that it shares with the mobile nodes.  This was intended
   to ensure a mobile node does not detect any change with respect to
   its layer-3 attachment even after it roams from one mobile access
   gateway to another.  In the absence of any reserved addresses for
   this use, it requires coordination across vendors and the manual
   configuration of these addresses on all the mobility elements in a
   Proxy Mobile IPv6 domain.  This document attempts to simplify this
   operational requirement by making reservation for special addresses
   that can be used for this purpose.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gundavelli-v6ops-pmipv6-address-reservations/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gundavelli-v6ops-pmipv6-address-reservations/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.