Subject: WG Action: Conclusion of Long-Term Archive and Notary Services (ltans)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 18:28:54 -0700 (PDT)

The Long-Term Archive and Notary Services (ltans) working group in the
Security Area has concluded. The IESG contact persons are Sean Turner
and Stephen Farrell.

The ltans working group has completed its primary charter items, and is
officially closing. The mailing list will be retained for future
discussions involving ltans. The list archive will also be retained.

The ltans working group was primarily focused on defining requirements,
data structures and protocols for the secure usage of archive and notary
services. In total the working group published five RFCs, including
Long-Term Archive Service Requirements (RFC 4810), Evidence Record
Syntax (ERS) (RFC 4998), Using the Server-Based Certificate Validation
Protocol (SCVP) to Convey Long-Term Evidence Records (RFC 5276), Data
Structure for the Security Suitability of Cryptographic Algorithms
(DSSC) (RFC 5698), and Extensible Markup Language Evidence Record Syntax
(RFC 6283).

We would like to thank all of the IETF participants who have contributed
to the various documents produced by the ltans working group and to the
successful completion of these deliverables. We especially thank Carl
Wallace and Tobias Gondrom who have chaired the working group from its
inception.