Subject: Second Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-loss-delay-profile-03.txt> (A Packet Loss and Delay Measurement Profile for MPLS-based Transport Networks) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 07:12:46 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'A Packet Loss and Delay Measurement Profile for MPLS-based Transport
Networks'
<draft-ietf-mpls-tp-loss-delay-profile-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

This is a second last call. The last call is only necessary because of a
late-received IPR disclosure.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-08-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

Procedures and protocol mechanisms to enable the efficient and
accurate measurement of packet loss, delay, and throughput in MPLS
networks are defined in RFC XXXX.

The MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) is the set of MPLS protocol
functions applicable to the construction and operation of packet-
switched transport networks.

This document describes a profile of the general MPLS loss, delay,
and throughput measurement techniques that suffices to meet the
specific requirements of MPLS-TP.

This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
Profile within the IETF MPLS and Pseudowire Emulation Edge-to-Edge
(PWE3) architectures to support the capabilities and functionalities
of a packet transport network as defined by the ITU-T.

This Informational Internet-Draft is aimed at achieving IETF
Consensus before publication as an RFC and will be subject to an IETF
Last Call.

[RFC Editor, please remove this note before publication as an RFC and
insert the correct Streams Boilerplate to indicate that the published
RFC has IETF consensus.]

[RFC Editor, please replace XXXX with the RFC number assigned to
draft-ietf-mpls-loss-delay.]

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-loss-delay-profile/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-loss-delay-profile/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1583/