Subject: Last Call: <draft-housley-two-maturity-levels-08.txt> (Reducing the Standards Track to Two Maturity Levels) to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 19:02:07 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Reducing the Standards Track to Two Maturity Levels'
  <draft-housley-two-maturity-levels-08.txt> as a BCP

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-08-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document proposes several changes to the Internet Engineering
   Task Force (IETF) Standards Process defined in RFC 2026, primarily a
   reduction from three standards track maturity levels to two.

   {{ RFC Editor: please change "proposes several changes to the" to
   "updates the". }}

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-housley-two-maturity-levels/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-housley-two-maturity-levels/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.