Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-yam-rfc4409bis-02.txt> (Message Submission for Mail) to Full Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 06:37:52 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Yet Another Mail WG (yam) to
consider the following document:
- 'Message Submission for Mail'
  <draft-ietf-yam-rfc4409bis-02.txt> as a Full Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-08-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo splits message submission from message relay, allowing each
   service to operate according to its own rules (for security, policy,
   etc.), and specifies what actions are to be taken by a submission
   server.

   Message relay is unaffected, and continues to use SMTP [SMTP-MTA]
   over port 25.

   When conforming to this document, message submission uses the
   protocol specified here, normally over port 587.

   This separation of function offers a number of benefits, including
   the ability to apply specific security or policy requirements.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-yam-rfc4409bis/

Implementation Report can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/iesg/implementation.html

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-yam-rfc4409bis/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.