Subject: RFC 6337 on Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Usage of the Offer/Answer Model

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 09:33:25 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6337

        Title:      Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Usage 
                    of the Offer/Answer Model 
        Author:     S. Okumura, T. Sawada,
                    P. Kyzivat
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      33
        Characters: 76776
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-18.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6337.txt

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) utilizes the offer/answer model
to establish and update multimedia sessions using the Session
Description Protocol (SDP).  The description of the offer/answer
model in SIP is dispersed across multiple RFCs.  This document
summarizes all the current usages of the offer/answer model in SIP
communication.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC