Subject: RFC 6338 on Definition of a Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for the Schema for Academia (SCHAC)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 16:57:34 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6338

        Title:      Definition of a Uniform Resource 
                    Name (URN) Namespace for the Schema 
                    for Academia (SCHAC) 
        Author:     V. Giralt, R. McDuff
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 21688
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-giralt-schac-ns-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6338.txt

This document describes a Uniform Resource Name (URN) namespace for
the Schema for Academia (SCHAC).

The namespace described in this document is for naming persistent
resources defined by the SCHAC participants internationally, their
working groups, and other designated subordinates.  The main use of
this namespace will be for the creation of controlled vocabulary
values for attributes in the SCHAC schema.  These values will be
associated with particular instances of persons or objects belonging
to any of the SCHAC object classes.  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC