Subject: RFC 6288 on URN Namespace for the Defence Geospatial Information Working Group (DGIWG)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 22:29:28 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6288

        Title:      URN Namespace for the Defence 
                    Geospatial Information Working Group (DGIWG) 
        Author:     C. Reed
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 16218
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-reed-urn-dgiwg-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6288.txt

This document describes the Namespace Identifier (NID) for Uniform
Resource Name (URN) Namespace resources published by the Defence
Geospatial Information Working Group (DGIWG).  The DGIWG defines
and manages resources that utilize this URN name model.

Management activities for these and other resource types are provided
by the DGIWG Registry System (DRS).  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC