Subject: RFC 6342 on Mobile Networks Considerations for IPv6 Deployment

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 08:53:54 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6342

        Title:      Mobile Networks Considerations for IPv6 
                    Deployment 
        Author:     R. Koodli
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 46288
        Obsoletes:  RFC6312

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-v6-in-mobile-networks-rfc6312bis.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6342.txt

Mobile Internet access from smartphones and other mobile devices is
accelerating the exhaustion of IPv4 addresses.  IPv6 is widely seen
as crucial for the continued operation and growth of the Internet,
and in particular, it is critical in mobile networks.  This document
discusses the issues that arise when deploying IPv6 in mobile
networks.  Hence, this document can be a useful reference for service
providers and network designers.  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC