Subject: WG Action: Conclusion of Integrated Security Model for SNMP (isms)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 15:12:16 -0700 (PDT)

The Integrated Security Model for SNMP (isms) working group in the
Security Area has concluded. The IESG contact persons are Sean Turner
and Stephen Farrell.

The isms working group has completed its primary charter items, and is
officially closing. The mailing list and list archive will be retained.

The isms working group was primarily focused on developing a new
security model for SNMP that integrated with widely deployed user and
key management systems, as a supplement to the USM security model. The
end result was Transport Subsystem for the Simple Network Management
Protocol (SNMP) (RFC 5590), Transport Security Model for the Simple
Network Management Protocol (SNMP) (RFC 5591), and Secure Shell
Transport Model for the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) (RFC
5592). The working group later developed the Transport Layer Security
(TLS) Transport Model for the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
(RFC 5953). In total, it defined six RFCs. Three were progressed to
Draft Standard: RFC 5590, 5591, and 5953.

We would like to thank all of the IETF participants who have contributed
to the various documents produced by the isms working group and to the
successful completion of their deliverables. We especially thank
Juergen Quittek and Russ Mundy who served as co-chairs with Juergen
Schoenwaelder.