Subject: RFC 6340 on Textual Conventions for the Representation of Floating-Point Numbers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 12:13:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6340

        Title:      Textual Conventions for the Representation 
                    of Floating-Point Numbers 
        Author:     R. Presuhn
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 13811
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-opsawg-mib-floats-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6340.txt

This memo defines a Management Information Base (MIB) module
containing textual conventions (TCs) to represent floating-point
numbers.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC