Subject: Last Call: <draft-baker-bmwg-testing-eyeball-happiness-05.txt> (Testing Eyeball Happiness) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 12:32:27 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Testing Eyeball Happiness'
  <draft-baker-bmwg-testing-eyeball-happiness-05.txt> as an Informational
RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-09-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The amount of time it takes to establish a session using common
   transport APIs in dual stack networks and networks with filtering
   such as proposed in BCP 38 is a barrier to IPv6 deployment.  This
   note describes a test that can be used to determine whether an
   application can reliably establish sessions quickly in a complex
   environment such as dual stack (IPv4+IPv6) deployment or IPv6
   deployment with multiple prefixes and upstream ingress filtering.
   This test is not a test of a specific algorithm, but of the external
   behavior of the system as a black box.  Any algorithm that has the
   intended external behavior will be accepted by it.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-baker-bmwg-testing-eyeball-happiness/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-baker-bmwg-testing-eyeball-happiness/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.