Subject: Document Action: 'General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) Experiences' to Informational RFC (draft-doria-genart-experience-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 10:54:32 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) Experiences'
  (draft-doria-genart-experience-04.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-doria-genart-experience/

Technical Summary

   The General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) has been doing Reviews of
   Internet Drafts (I-Ds) since 2004.  This document discusses the
   experience and the lessons learned over the past 7 years of this
   process.  The review team initially reviewed the I-Ds before each of
   the IESG telechats.  Since late 2005, review team members have been
   assigned to review I-Ds during IETF Last Call, unless no IETF Last
   Call is necessary for the I-D.  The same reviewer then reviews any
   updates when the I-D is placed on an IESG telechat agenda.

Working Group Summary

   This is not the product of an IETF WG.

Document Quality

   Many Gen-ART members, including some that are no longer on
   the team, have review the document.  All three IETF Chairs
   that were served by the Gen-ART have reviewed it too.

Personnel

   Reviewed for the IESG by Russ Housley.