Subject: Document Action: 'Suite B Cryptographic Suites for IPsec' to Informational RFC (draft-law-rfc4869bis-01.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 11:44:26 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Suite B Cryptographic Suites for IPsec'
  (draft-law-rfc4869bis-01.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Sean Turner.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-law-rfc4869bis/

Technical Summary

   This document updates the four cryptographic user interface suites ("UI
   suites") for IPsec that were defined in RFC 4869. The four suites
   provide compatibility with the United States National Security
   Agency's Suite B specifications. The primary changes from RFC 4869 are
   that this document removes definitions of the suites for IKEv1,
   removes the IKE authentication methods from the suite definitions, and
   removes the requirements on rekeying in IKEv2.

Working Group Summary

   This is not the product of a WG.

Document Quality

   This profile is simpler than the one it replaces from RFC 4869; it
   should be easier for implementers to follow this document than its
   predecessor. I am aware of multiple commercial vendors who have
   expressed interest in using these UI suites. 

Personnel

   Paul Hoffman ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
   Sean Turner ([email-masked]) is the Responsible Area Director.
   Tero Kivinen ([email-masked]) is the IANA Expert.