Subject: Last Call: <draft-jesske-dispatch-update3326-reason-responses-05.txt> (Carrying Q.850 Codes in Reason Header Fields in SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) Responses) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 08:48:00 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Carrying Q.850 Codes in Reason Header Fields in SIP (Session
   Initiation Protocol) Responses'
  <draft-jesske-dispatch-update3326-reason-responses-05.txt> as a
Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-09-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Although the use of the Reason header field in responses is
   considered in general in RFC3326, its use is not specified for any
   particular response code.  Nonetheless, existing deployments have
   been using Reason header fields in responses to carry Q.850 cause
   codes for failure responses to INVITE requests that have been
   gatewayed to PSTN systems.  This document normatively describes the
   use of the Reason header field in SIP responses to carry Q.850 cause
   codes.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jesske-dispatch-update3326-reason-responses/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jesske-dispatch-update3326-reason-responses/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.