Subject: RFC 6361 on PPP Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL) Protocol Control Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 16:12:29 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6361

        Title:      PPP Transparent Interconnection of Lots 
                    of Links (TRILL) Protocol Control Protocol 
        Author:     J. Carlson, D. Eastlake 3rd
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 17705
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pppext-trill-protocol-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6361.txt

The Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) defines a Link Control Protocol
(LCP) and a method for negotiating the use of multiprotocol traffic
over point-to-point links.  This document describes PPP support for
the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL) Protocol,
allowing direct communication between Routing Bridges (RBridges) via
PPP links.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC