Subject: RFC 6350 on vCard Format Specification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 16:59:20 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6350

        Title:      vCard Format Specification 
        Author:     S. Perreault
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      74
        Characters: 139895
        Obsoletes:  RFC2425, RFC2426, RFC4770
        Updates:    RFC2739

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev-22.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6350.txt

This document defines the vCard data format for representing and
exchanging a variety of information about individuals and other
entities (e.g., formatted and structured name and delivery addresses,
email address, multiple telephone numbers, photograph, logo, audio
clips, etc.).  This document obsoletes RFCs 2425, 2426, and 4770, and
updates RFC 2739.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the vCard and CardDAV Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC