Subject: Document Action: 'Current Practices for Multiple Interface Hosts' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-mif-current-practices-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 08:23:46 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Current Practices for Multiple Interface Hosts'
  (draft-ietf-mif-current-practices-12.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Multiple Interfaces Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mif-current-practices/

Technical Summary

   An increasing number of hosts are operating in multiple-interface
   environments, where different network interfaces are providing
   unequal levels of service or connectivity. This document summarizes
   current practices in this area, and describes in detail how some
   common operating systems cope with these challenges.

Working Group Summary

   There is a consensus in the MIF WG for publication as an informational
   RFC.

Document Quality

   The document has gone through various reviews and a successful WGLC.

Personnel

   Responsible AD is Jari Arkko and the document shepherd is Hui Deng.