Subject: RFC 6341 on Use Cases and Requirements for SIP-Based Media Recording (SIPREC)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 16:57:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6341

        Title:      Use Cases and Requirements for 
                    SIP-Based Media Recording (SIPREC) 
        Author:     K. Rehor, Ed.,
                    L. Portman, Ed.,
                    A. Hutton, R. Jain
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 34155
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-siprec-req-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6341.txt

Session recording is a critical requirement in many business
communications environments, such as call centers and financial
trading floors.  In some of these environments, all calls must be
recorded for regulatory and compliance reasons.  In others, calls may
be recorded for quality control or business analytics.

Recording is typically performed by sending a copy of the session
media to the recording devices.  This document specifies requirements
for extensions to SIP that will manage delivery of RTP media to a
recording device.  This is being referred to as SIP-based Media
Recording.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the SIP Recording Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC