Subject: RFC 6355 on Definition of the UUID-Based DHCPv6 Unique Identifier (DUID-UUID)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 16:58:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6355

        Title:      Definition of the UUID-Based DHCPv6 
                    Unique Identifier (DUID-UUID) 
        Author:     T. Narten, J. Johnson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 11453
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-duid-uuid-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6355.txt

This document defines a new DHCPv6 Unique Identifier (DUID) type
called DUID-UUID.  DUID-UUIDs are derived from the already-standardized
Universally Unique IDentifier (UUID) format.  DUID-UUID
makes it possible for devices to use UUIDs to identify themselves to
DHC servers and vice versa.  UUIDs are globally unique and readily
available on many systems, making them convenient identifiers to
leverage within DHCP.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC