Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-idr-deprecate-as-sets-05.txt> (Deprecation of the use of BGP AS_SET, AS_CONFED_SET.) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 08:47:22 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Inter-Domain Routing WG (idr) to
consider the following document:
- 'Deprecation of the use of BGP AS_SET, AS_CONFED_SET.'
  <draft-ietf-idr-deprecate-as-sets-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-08-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document deprecates the use of the AS_SET and AS_CONFED_SET
   types of the AS_PATH in BGPv4.  This is done to simplify the design
   and implementation of the BGP protocol and to make the semantics of
   the originator of a route more clear.  This will also simplify the
   design, implementation and deployment of ongoing work in the Secure
   Inter-Domain Routing Working Group.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-deprecate-as-sets/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-deprecate-as-sets/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.