Subject: RFC 6101 on The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Protocol Version 3.0

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 16:57:01 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6101

        Title:      The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) 
                    Protocol Version 3.0 
        Author:     A. Freier, P. Karlton,
                    P. Kocher
        Status:     Historic
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      67
        Characters: 142297
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-mavrogiannopoulos-ssl-version3-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6101.txt

This document is published as a historical record of the SSL 3.0
protocol.  The original Abstract follows.

This document specifies version 3.0 of the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL
3.0) protocol, a security protocol that provides communications
privacy over the Internet.  The protocol allows client/server
applications to communicate in a way that is designed to prevent
eavesdropping, tampering, or message forgery.  This document defines a 
Historic Document for the Internet community.

HISTORIC: This memo defines a Historic Document for the Internet
community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC