Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-meth-23.txt> (Benchmarking Methodology for Link-State IGP Data Plane Route Convergence) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 07:38:52 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Benchmarking Methodology WG
(bmwg) to consider the following document:
- 'Benchmarking Methodology for Link-State IGP Data Plane Route
   Convergence'
  <draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-meth-23.txt> as an Informational
RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-08-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

This document describes the methodology for benchmarking Link-State
Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP) Route Convergence.  The methodology
is to be used for benchmarking IGP convergence time through
externally observable (black box) data plane measurements.  The
methodology can be applied to any link-state IGP, such as IS-IS and
OSPF.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-meth/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-meth/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.