Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-on-demand-cv-06.txt> (MPLS On-demand Connectivity Verification and Route Tracing) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 06:45:42 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'MPLS On-demand Connectivity Verification and Route Tracing'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-on-demand-cv-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-08-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Label Switched Path Ping (LSP-Ping) is an existing and widely
   deployed Operations, Administration and Maintenance (OAM) mechanism
   for Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Paths
   (LSPs).  This document describes extensions to LSP-Ping so that LSP-
   Ping can be used for On-demand Connectivity Verification of MPLS
   Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) LSPs and Pseudowires.  This document also
   clarifies procedures to be used for processing the related OAM
   packets.  Further, it describes procedures for using LSP-Ping to
   perform Connectivity Verification and Route Tracing functions in
   MPLS-TP networks.  Finally this document updates RFC 4379 by adding a
   new address type and requesting an IANA registry.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-on-demand-cv/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-on-demand-cv/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.