Subject: RFC 6362 on Multiple Attachments for Electronic Data Interchange - Internet Integration (EDIINT)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 14:51:38 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6362

        Title:      Multiple Attachments for Electronic Data 
                    Interchange - Internet Integration (EDIINT) 
        Author:     K. Meadors, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 15137
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-meadors-multiple-attachments-ediint-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6362.txt

The Electronic Data Interchange - Internet Integration (EDIINT) AS1,
AS2, and AS3 messages were designed specifically for the transport of
EDI documents.  Since multiple interchanges could be placed within a
single EDI document, there was not a need for sending multiple EDI
documents in a single message.  As adoption of EDIINT grew, other
uses developed aside from single EDI document transport.  Some
transactions required multiple attachments to be interpreted together
and stored in a single message.  This Informational RFC describes how
multiple documents, including non-EDI payloads, can be attached and
transmitted in a single EDIINT transport message.  The attachments
are stored within the MIME multipart/related structure.  A minimal
list of content-types to be supported as attachments is provided.
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC