Subject: Document Action: 'Suite B Profile for Internet Protocol Security (IPsec)' to Informational RFC (draft-burgin-ipsec-suiteb-profile-02.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 13:42:32 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Suite B Profile for Internet Protocol Security (IPsec)'
  (draft-burgin-ipsec-suiteb-profile-02.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Sean Turner.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-burgin-ipsec-suiteb-profile/

Technical Summary

   This document specifies the conventions for using Suite B cryptography
   in IP Security (IPsec). Those conventions are drawn from earlier
   documents published by the United States Government which define
   cryptographic algorithm policy for national security applications. In
   essence, it is a profile of IPsec for a specific organization. It
   covers things such as minimum levels of cryptographic security needed
   in different parts of IPsec, how to generate keying material, and so
   on.

Working Group Summary

  This is not the product of a WG.

Document Quality

   This document cleanly specifies a subset of the numerous options that
   an IPsec implementation must have in order to meet the profile. It is
   based on the latest IPsec RFCs. I am aware of multiple commercial
  vendors who have expressed interest in conforming to Suite B for IPsec. 

Personnel

   Paul Hoffman ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
   Sean Turner ([email-masked]) is the Responsible Area Director.