Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-3gpp-eps-03.txt> (IPv6 in 3GPP Evolved Packet System) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 12:03:01 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Operations WG (v6ops) to
consider the following document:
- 'IPv6 in 3GPP Evolved Packet System'
  <draft-ietf-v6ops-3gpp-eps-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-08-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Use of data services in smart phones and broadband services via HSPA
   and HSPA+, in particular Internet services, has increased rapidly and
   operators that have deployed networks based on 3GPP network
   architectures are facing IPv4 address shortages at the Internet
   registries and are feeling a pressure to migrate to IPv6.  This
   document describes the support for IPv6 in 3GPP network
   architectures.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-3gpp-eps/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-3gpp-eps/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.