Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-dns-srv-namespace-08.txt> (Using DNS SRV to Specify a Global File Name Space with NFS version 4) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 15:33:26 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network File System Version 4 WG
(nfsv4) to consider the following document:
- 'Using DNS SRV to Specify a Global File Name Space with NFS version 4'
  <draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-dns-srv-namespace-08.txt> as a Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-09-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The NFS version 4 protocol provides a natural way for a collection of
   NFS file servers to collaborate in providing an organization-wide
   file name space.  The DNS SRV RR allows a simple and appropriate way
   for an organization to publish the root of its name space, even to
   clients that might not be intimately associated with such an
   organization.  The DNS SRV RR can be used to join these organization-
   wide file name spaces together to allow construction of a global,
   uniform NFS version 4 file name space.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-dns-srv-namespace/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-dns-srv-namespace/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.