Subject: Last Call: <draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considerations-01.txt> (The Reasons for Selecting a Single Solution for MPLS-TP OAM) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 12:42:54 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'The Reasons for Selecting a Single Solution for MPLS-TP OAM'
  <draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considerations-01.txt> as an Informational
RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-10-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) is a profile of MPLS technology
   for use in transport network deployments. That is, MPLS-TP is a set
   of functions and features selected from the wider MPLS toolset and
   applied in a consistent way to meet the needs and requirements of
   operators of packet transport networks.

   During the process of development of the profile, additions to the
   MPLS toolset have been made to ensure that the tools available met
   the requirements. These additions were motivated by MPLS-TP, but form
   part of the wider MPLS toolset such that any of them could be used in
   any MPLS deployment.

   One major set of additions provides enhanced support for Operations,
   Administration, and Maintenance (OAM). This enables fault management
   and performance monitoring to the level needed in a transport
   network. Many solutions and protocol extensions have been proposed to
   address these OAM requirements, and this document sets out the
   reasons for selecting a single, coherent set of solutions for
   standardization.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considerations/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considerations/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.