Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-reqs-06.txt> (Problem Statement and Requirements for Transporting User to User Call Control Information in SIP) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 10:18:35 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Call Control UUI Service for SIP
WG (cuss) to consider the following document:
- 'Problem Statement and Requirements for Transporting User to User Call
   Control Information in SIP'
  <draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-reqs-06.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-10-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document introduces the transport of call control related User
   to User Information (UUI) using the Session Initiation Protocol
   (SIP), and develops several requirements for a new SIP mechanism.
   Some SIP sessions are established by or related to a non-SIP
   application.  This application may have information that needs to be
   transported between the SIP User Agents during session establishment.
   In addition to interworking with the ISDN UUI Service, this extension
   will also be used for native SIP endpoints requiring application UUI.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-reqs/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-reqs/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.