Subject: Protocol Action: 'PIM Multi-Topology ID (MT-ID) Join Attribute' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pim-mtid-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 14:38:45 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'PIM Multi-Topology ID (MT-ID) Join Attribute'
  (draft-ietf-pim-mtid-10.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Protocol Independent Multicast
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-mtid/

Technical Summary

   This document introduces a new type of PIM Join Attribute that
   extends PIM signaling to identify a topology that should be used when
   constructing a particular multicast distribution tree.

   Thus, this document facilitates the support of multi-topology PIM.

Working Group Summary

   Nothing special to note.
   
   There is consensus within the PIM WG to publish the document. The 
   participation has been with individuals from a variety of vendors and 
   providers.

Document Quality

   The document has undergone thorough review by the IETF's
   multicast community. A series of updates were made after AD
   review.

   At least one implementation of this extension exists.

Personnel

   Mike McBride ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
   Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD.