Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidr-ghostbusters-12.txt> (The RPKI Ghostbusters Record) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 11:25:02 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Secure Inter-Domain Routing WG
(sidr) to consider the following document:
- 'The RPKI Ghostbusters Record'
  <draft-ietf-sidr-ghostbusters-12.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-09-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In the Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI), resource
   certificates completely obscure names or any other information which
   might be useful for contacting responsible parties to deal with
   issues of certificate expiration, maintenance, roll-overs,
   compromises, etc.  This draft describes the RPKI Ghostbusters Record
   containing human contact information which may be verified
   (indirectly) by a CA certificate.  The data in the record are those
   of a severely profiled vCard.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-ghostbusters/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-ghostbusters/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.