Subject: Protocol Action: 'Using the IPv6 flow label for equal cost multipath routing and link aggregation in tunnels' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-6man-flow-ecmp-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 08:34:09 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Using the IPv6 flow label for equal cost multipath routing and link
   aggregation in tunnels'
  (draft-ietf-6man-flow-ecmp-05.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-flow-ecmp/

     Technical Summary 
        The IPv6 flow label has certain restrictions on its use.  This
        document describes how those restrictions apply when using the flow
        label for load balancing by equal cost multipath routing, and for
        link aggregation, particularly for IP-in-IPv6 tunneled traffic.

     Working Group Summary 
        This document was reviewed by the 6man WG and
        represents the consensus of that groups.

     Document Quality 
        This document has been reviewed by the members and co-chairs
        of the 6MAN working group.

Personnel

   The Document Shepherd is Brian Haberman. The Sponsoring Area
   Director is Jari Arkko.