Subject: Last Call: <draft-melnikov-mmhs-header-fields-04.txt> (Registration of Military Message Handling System (MMHS) header fields for use in Internet Mail) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 12:53:04 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Registration of Military Message Handling System (MMHS) header fields
   for use in Internet Mail'
  <draft-melnikov-mmhs-header-fields-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-10-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   A Miltary Message Handling System (MMHS) processes formal messages
   ensuring release, distribution, security, and timely delivery across
   national and international strategic and tactical networks.  The MMHS
   Elements of Service are defined as a set of extensions to the ITU-T
   X.400 (1992) international standards and are specified in STANAG 4406
   Edition 2.  This document describes a method for enabling those MMHS
   Elements of Service that are defined as Heading Extension to be
   encoded as RFC 5322 (Internet Email) message header fields.  These
   header field definitions support the provision of a STANAG 4406 MMHS
   over Internet Email, and also provides for a STANAG 4406 / Internet
   Email Gateway supporting message conversion compliant to this
   specification.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-melnikov-mmhs-header-fields/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-melnikov-mmhs-header-fields/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.