Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pim-port-08.txt> (A Reliable Transport Mechanism for PIM) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 12:40:28 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Protocol Independent Multicast
WG (pim) to consider the following document:
- 'A Reliable Transport Mechanism for PIM'
  <draft-ietf-pim-port-08.txt> as an Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-10-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a reliable transport mechanism for the PIM
   protocol for transmission of Join/Prune messages.  This eliminates
   the need for periodic Join/Prune message transmission and processing.
   The reliable transport mechanism can use either TCP or SCTP as the
   transport protocol.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-port/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-port/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.