Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-avtext-client-to-mixer-audio-level-05.txt> (A Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Header Extension for Client-to- Mixer Audio Level Indication) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 10:31:52 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Extensions
WG (avtext) to consider the following document:
- 'A Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Header Extension for Client-to-
   Mixer Audio Level Indication'
  <draft-ietf-avtext-client-to-mixer-audio-level-05.txt> as a Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-10-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a mechanism by which packets of Real-Time
   Transport Protocol (RTP) audio streams can indicate, in an RTP header
   extension, the audio level of the audio sample carried in the RTP
   packet.  In large conferences, this can reduce the load on an audio
   mixer or other middlebox which wants to forward only a few of the
   loudest audio streams, without requiring it to decode and measure
   every stream that is received.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-client-to-mixer-audio-level/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-client-to-mixer-audio-level/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.