Subject: RFC 6373 on MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Control Plane Framework

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 12:09:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6373

        Title:      MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Control 
                    Plane Framework 
        Author:     L. Andersson, Ed.,
                    L. Berger, Ed.,
                    L. Fang, Ed.,
                    N. Bitar, Ed.,
                    E. Gray, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      57
        Characters: 144259
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-cp-framework-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6373.txt

The MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) supports static provisioning
of transport paths via a Network Management System (NMS) and
dynamic provisioning of transport paths via a control plane.  This
document provides the framework for MPLS-TP dynamic provisioning
and covers control-plane addressing, routing, path computation,
signaling, traffic engineering, and path recovery.  MPLS-TP uses
GMPLS as the control plane for MPLS-TP Label Switched Paths
(LSPs).  MPLS-TP also uses the pseudowire (PW) control plane for
pseudowires.  Management-plane functions are out of scope of
this document.

This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
Profile within the IETF MPLS and Pseudowire Emulation Edge-to-Edge
(PWE3) architectures to support the capabilities and functionalities
of a packet transport network as defined by the ITU-T.

This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC