Subject: Planned IETF outage Monday evening

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 18:40:09 -0700

Dear IETF Community -

Earlier today a local-area power outage of several square miles occurred in
the area of our Fremont data center.  Since that left us running on backup,
we executed an emergency failover to our Orlando data center, where we are
currently running.

Power has been restored, and I will be verifying full completion with the 
power crews shortly.  Barring additional issues, I plan to transfer control
back to our Fremont data center at 8:30 PM Pacific Time (4:30 AM GMT) this o
evening.

During the transfer, web and email services will be interrupted.  We expect
the interruption will take approximately 20 minutes.  There is no need to 
panic, I will be handling the failback personally, and will have service
restored as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Glen
Glen Barney
IT Director
AMS (IETF Secretariat)

---

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 20:45:27 -0700

Dear IETF Community -

> back to our Fremont data center at 8:30 PM Pacific Time (4:30 AM GMT) this o

The failback procedure has been completed.  Thank you for your patience.

Glen
Glen Barney
IT Director
AMS (IETF Secretariat)