Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-avtext-mixer-to-client-audio-level-05.txt> (A Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Header Extension for Mixer-to- Client Audio Level Indication) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 10:31:08 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Extensions
WG (avtext) to consider the following document:
- 'A Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Header Extension for Mixer-to-
   Client Audio Level Indication'
  <draft-ietf-avtext-mixer-to-client-audio-level-05.txt> as a Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-10-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a mechanism for RTP-level mixers in audio
   conferences to deliver information about the audio level of
   individual participants.  Such audio level indicators are transported
   in the same RTP packets as the audio data they pertain to.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-mixer-to-client-audio-level/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-mixer-to-client-audio-level/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.