Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pwe3-static-pw-status-07.txt> (Pseudowire Status for Static Pseudowires) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 07:07:59 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to
Edge WG (pwe3) to consider the following document:
- 'Pseudowire Status for Static Pseudowires'
  <draft-ietf-pwe3-static-pw-status-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-10-05. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a mechanism to signal Pseudowire (PW) status
   messages using an PW associated channel (ACh). Such a mechanism is
   suitable for use where no PW dynamic control plane exits, known as
   static PWs, or where a Terminating Provider Edge (T-PE) needs to send
   a PW status message directly to a far end T-PE. The mechanism allows
   PW OAM message mapping and PW redundancy to operate on static PWs.
   This document also updates rfc5885 in the case when BFD is used to
   convey PW status signaling information.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-static-pw-status/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-static-pw-status/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.