Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-savi-framework-05.txt> (Source Address Validation Improvement Framework) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 06:59:34 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Source Address Validation
Improvements WG (savi) to consider the following document:
- 'Source Address Validation Improvement Framework'
  <draft-ietf-savi-framework-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-10-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Source Address Validation Improvement method was developed to
   complement ingress filtering with finer-grained, standardized IP
   source address validation.  This document describes and motivates the
   design of the SAVI method.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-savi-framework/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-savi-framework/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.