Subject: Document Action: 'Framework for Emergency Calling using Internet Multimedia' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-ecrit-framework-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 13:09:31 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Framework for Emergency Calling using Internet Multimedia'
  (draft-ietf-ecrit-framework-13.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Emergency Context Resolution with
Internet Technologies Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Robert Sparks and Gonzalo Camarillo.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-framework/

Technical Summary

The IETF has standardized various aspects of placing emergency calls.
This document describes how all of those component parts are used to
support emergency calls from citizens and visitors to authorities.

Working Group Summary

 This document has had multiple WG reviews from key WG members. This
document was vetted via the Emergency Services Workshop at several of it¹s
meetings. Organizations participating include: 3GPP, 3GPP2, ETSI EMTEL,
NENA, IEEE, EENA, etc.

Document Quality

While there has been some past controversy around some of the exact
wording in this document, there is overall WG consensus that this document
- in its present form - should be published. The WG as a whole has been
working on the document.

Personnel

   Robert Sparks is the responsible AD.