Subject: Document Action: 'A Survey of In-network Storage Systems' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-decade-survey-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 15:44:30 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A Survey of In-network Storage Systems'
  (draft-ietf-decade-survey-06.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Decoupled Application Data Enroute
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are David Harrington and Wesley Eddy.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-decade-survey/

Technical Summary

This document surveys deployed and experimental in-network storage systems and
describes their applicability for DECADE. This document analyzes the systems
from several perspectives such as data access, data management, data search,
access control, resource control, etc. The document also analyze from the
protocol level to see if the relevant protocol meets DECADE requirements.

Working Group Summary

This document is a product of the DECADE WG, and was reviewed in working group
meetings and via the [email-masked] list. The WG supported this document for 
publication. Many WG members have read and agree with it.

Document Quality

This is an informational survey, not a protocol specification, so there are no implementations
of the specification. The survey documents existing proprietary solutions.

The document was reviewed by the WG members, WG Chairs, and key WG and non WG
members. Richard Alimi ([email-masked]) and Akbar Rahman
([email-masked]) contributed a lot to solve the comments and
refine the text.

This document uses URLs in the References section, but they are all Informative References.

Personnel

Document Shepherd: Haibin Song ([email-masked])
Responsible Area Director: David Harrington ([email-masked])
This document does not have any IANA considerations. No Expert Review process is
needed.