Subject: WG Action: Conclusion of Domain Keys Identified Mail (dkim)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 11:15:59 -0700 (PDT)

The Domain Key Identified Mail (dkim) working group in the Security Area
has concluded. The IESG contact persons are Sean Turner and Stephen Farrell.

The dkim working group has completed its primary charter items, and is
officially closing. The mailing list will be retained for future
discussions involving dkim. The list archive will also be retained.

The dkim working group was primarily focused on DomainKeys Identified
Mail (DKIM) Signatures and DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Author
Domain Signing Practices (ADSP) (RFC 5617). We applaud the working
group for progressing DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Signatures from
proposed standard (RFC 4871) to Draft Standard (RFC 6376). The working
group also produced the following Informational RFCs: Analysis of
Threats Motivating DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) (RFC 4868),
DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Service Overview (RFC 5585),
Requirements for a DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Signing Practices
Protocol (RFC 5016), and DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Development,
Deployment, and Operations (RFC RFC 5863). The proposed standard DKIM
And Mailing Lists (RFC 6737) was the final RFC produced by the working
group.

We would like to thank all of the IETF participants who have contributed
to the various documents produced by the dkim working group and to the
successful completion of these deliverables. We especially thank Barry
Leiba and Stephen Farrell who chaired the working group. Also, we thank
Dave Crocker for hosting (and continuing to host) the mailing list and
archives.