Subject: Document Action: 'Multiple Interfaces and Provisioning Domains Problem Statement' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-mif-problem-statement-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 20:26:59 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Multiple Interfaces and Provisioning Domains Problem Statement'
  (draft-ietf-mif-problem-statement-15.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Multiple Interfaces Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mif-problem-statement/

Technical Summary

   A multihomed host receives node configuration information from each
   of its provisioning domains. Some configuration objects are global to
   the node, some are local to the interface. Various issues arise when
   multiple conflicting node-scoped configuration objects are received
   on multiple interfaces. Similar situations also happen with single
   interface host connected to multiple networks. This document
   describes these issues.

Working Group Summary

   There is a consensus in the MIF WG for publication as an
   informational RFC.

Document Quality

   The document has gone through various reviews and a successful WGLC.

Personnel

   Responsible AD is Jari Arkko and the document shepherd is Hui Deng.