Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-tcp-15.txt> (TCP Candidates with Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 07:48:08 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control WG (mmusic) to consider the following document:
- 'TCP Candidates with Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE)'
  <draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-tcp-15.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-10-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) defines a mechanism for
   NAT traversal for multimedia communication protocols based on the
   offer/answer model of session negotiation.  ICE works by providing a
   set of candidate transport addresses for each media stream, which are
   then validated with peer-to-peer connectivity checks based on Session
   Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN).  ICE provides a general framework
   for describing candidates, but only defines UDP-based transport
   protocols.  This specification extends ICE to TCP-based media,
   including the ability to offer a mix of TCP and UDP-based candidates
   for a single stream.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-tcp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-tcp/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/798/