Subject: Protocol Action: 'Centralized Conferencing Manipulation Protocol' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-xcon-ccmp-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 09:52:27 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Centralized Conferencing Manipulation Protocol'
  (draft-ietf-xcon-ccmp-15.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Centralized Conferencing Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Robert Sparks and Gonzalo Camarillo.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xcon-ccmp/

Technical Summary

The Centralized Conferencing Manipulation Protocol (CCMP) allows a
multimedia conferencing system client to create, retrieve, change,
and delete objects that describe a centralized conference. CCMP is a
means to control basic and advanced conference features such as
conference state and capabilities, participants, relative roles, and
details. CCMP is a stateless, XML-based, client server protocol.

Working Group Summary

This document is a product of the XCON working group.

Document Quality

There are multiple implementations of CCMP.
Types review for application/ccmp+xml was requested 16Sep2010.

Personnel

Alan Johnston is the Document Shepherd for this document.
Robert Sparks is the responsible Area Director.