Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lisp-ms-11.txt> (LISP Map Server) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 07:29:29 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Locator/ID Separation Protocol
WG (lisp) to consider the following document:
- 'LISP Map Server'
  <draft-ietf-lisp-ms-11.txt> as an Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-09-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This draft describes the LISP Map Server (LISP-MS), a computing
   system which provides a simplified LISP protocol interface as a
   "front end" to the Endpoint-ID (EID) to Routing Locator (RLOC)
   mapping database and associated virtual network of LISP protocol
   elements.

   The purpose of the Map Server is to reduce implementation and
   operational complexity of LISP Ingress Tunnel Routers (ITRs) and
   Egress Tunnel Routers (ETRs), the devices that implement the "edge"
   of the LISP infrastructure and which connect directly to LISP-capable
   Internet end sites.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-ms/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-ms/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.