Subject: RFC 6282 on Compression Format for IPv6 Datagrams over IEEE 802.15.4-Based Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 14:42:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6282

        Title:      Compression Format for IPv6 Datagrams 
                    over IEEE 802.15.4-Based Networks 
        Author:     J. Hui, Ed.,
                    P. Thubert
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 52588
        Updates:    RFC4944

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6lowpan-hc-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6282.txt

This document updates RFC 4944, "Transmission of IPv6 Packets over
IEEE 802.15.4 Networks".  This document specifies an IPv6 header
compression format for IPv6 packet delivery in Low Power Wireless
Personal Area Networks (6LoWPANs).  The compression format relies on
shared context to allow compression of arbitrary prefixes.  How the
information is maintained in that shared context is out of scope.
This document specifies compression of multicast addresses and a
framework for compressing next headers.  UDP header compression is
specified within this framework.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the IPv6 over Low power WPAN Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC