Subject: RFC 6374 on Packet Loss and Delay Measurement for MPLS Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 10:31:13 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6374

        Title:      Packet Loss and Delay Measurement 
                    for MPLS Networks 
        Author:     D. Frost, S. Bryant
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      52
        Characters: 123462
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-loss-delay-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6374.txt

Many service provider service level agreements (SLAs) depend on the
ability to measure and monitor performance metrics for packet loss
and one-way and two-way delay, as well as related metrics such as
delay variation and channel throughput.  This measurement capability
also provides operators with greater visibility into the performance
characteristics of their networks, thereby facilitating planning,
troubleshooting, and network performance evaluation.  This document
specifies protocol mechanisms to enable the efficient and accurate
measurement of these performance metrics in MPLS networks.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC