Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-kitten-sasl-openid-06.txt> (A SASL & GSS-API Mechanism for OpenID) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:58:37 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Common Authentication Technology
Next Generation WG (kitten) to consider the following document:
- 'A SASL & GSS-API Mechanism for OpenID'
  <draft-ietf-kitten-sasl-openid-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-10-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   OpenID has found its usage on the Internet for Web Single Sign-On.
   Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) and the Generic
   Security Service Application Program Interface (GSS-API) are
   application frameworks to generalize authentication.  This memo
   specifies a SASL and GSS-API mechanism for OpenID that allows the
   integration of existing OpenID Identity Providers with applications
   using SASL and GSS-API.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-sasl-openid/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-sasl-openid/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.