Subject: RFC 6395 on An Interface Identifier (ID) Hello Option for PIM

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 17:17:03 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6395

        Title:      An Interface Identifier (ID) Hello 
                    Option for PIM 
        Author:     S. Gulrajani, S. Venaas
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11469
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pim-hello-intid-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6395.txt

This document defines a new PIM Hello option to advertise an
Interface Identifier that can be used by PIM protocols to uniquely
identify an interface of a neighboring router.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Protocol Independent Multicast Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC