Subject: Last Call: <draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request-09.txt> (IANA Reserved IPv4 Prefix for Shared CGN Space) to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 09:16:35 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'IANA Reserved IPv4 Prefix for Shared CGN Space'
  <draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request-09.txt> as a BCP

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-11-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document requests the allocation of an IPv4 /10 address block to
   be used as Shared Carrier Grade Network Address Translation (CGN)
   Space.  Service Providers will use Shared CGN Space to number the
   interfaces that connect CGN devices to Customer Premise Equipment
   (CPE).  As this document proposes the allocation of an additional
   special-use IPv4 address block, it updates RFC 5735.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.