Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-rpl-routing-header-04.txt> (An IPv6 Routing Header for Source Routes with RPL) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 08:11:23 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document:
- 'An IPv6 Routing Header for Source Routes with RPL'
  <draft-ietf-6man-rpl-routing-header-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-10-31. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In Low power and Lossy Networks (LLNs), memory constraints on routers
   may limit them to maintaining at most a few routes.  In some
   configurations, it is necessary to use these memory constrained
   routers to deliver datagrams to nodes within the LLN.  The Routing
   for Low Power and Lossy Networks (RPL) protocol can be used in some
   deployments to store most, if not all, routes on one (e.g. the
   Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) root) or few routers and forward the
   IPv6 datagram using a source routing technique to avoid large routing
   tables on memory constrained routers.  This document specifies a new
   IPv6 Routing header type for delivering datagrams within a RPL
   domain.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-rpl-routing-header/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-rpl-routing-header/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.