Subject: BCP 9, RFC 6410 on Reducing the Standards Track to Two Maturity Levels

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 17:20:34 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 9        
        RFC 6410

        Title:      Reducing the Standards Track to 
                    Two Maturity Levels 
        Author:     R. Housley, D. Crocker,
                    E. Burger
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 12619
        Updates:    RFC2026
        See Also:   BCP0009

        I-D Tag:    draft-housley-two-maturity-levels-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6410.txt

This document updates the Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) Standards Process defined in RFC 2026.  Primarily, it reduces
the Standards Process from three Standards Track maturity levels to two.
This memo documents an Internet Best Current Practice.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC