Subject: BCP 170, RFC 6390 on Guidelines for Considering New Performance Metric Development

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 17:18:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 170        
        RFC 6390

        Title:      Guidelines for Considering New Performance 
                    Metric Development 
        Author:     A. Clark, B. Claise
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 49930
        See Also:   BCP0170

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pmol-metrics-framework-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6390.txt

This document describes a framework and a process for developing
Performance Metrics of protocols and applications transported over
IETF-specified protocols.  These metrics can be used to characterize
traffic on live networks and services.  This memo documents an 
Internet Best Current Practice.

This document is a product of the Performance Metrics for Other Layers Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC