Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mip4-nemo-haaro-06.txt> (Home Agent assisted Route Optimization between Mobile IPv4 Networks) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 08:15:54 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Mobility for IPv4 WG (mip4) to
consider the following document:
- 'Home Agent assisted Route Optimization between Mobile IPv4 Networks'
  <draft-ietf-mip4-nemo-haaro-06.txt> as an Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-10-31. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a Home Agent assisted Route Optimization
   functionality to IPv4 Network Mobility Protocol.  The function is
   designed to facilitate optimal routing in cases where all nodes are
   connected to a single Home Agent, thus the use case is Route
   Optimization within single organization or similar entity.  The
   functionality adds the possibility to discover eligible peer nodes
   based on information received from Home Agent, Network Prefixes they
   represent, and how to establish a direct tunnel between such nodes.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mip4-nemo-haaro/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mip4-nemo-haaro/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.