Subject: Re: Informational RFC to be: <draft-zhang-ipsecme-anti-replay-07.txt>

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 16:41:37 -0700

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'IPsec anti-replay
algorithm without bit-shifting' <draft-zhang-ipsecme-anti-replay-07.txt>
as an Informational RFC.

The IESG would also like the RFC-Editor to review the comments in
the datatracker
(http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-ipsecme-anti-replay/)
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot
and the comment log.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-ipsecme-anti-replay/

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   This document presents an alternate method to do the anti-replay
   checks and updates for IP Authentication Header (AH) and
   Encapsulating Security Protocol (ESP).

Working Group Summary

   This is an independent submission via the RFC Editor.

Document Quality

   N/A

Personnel

   The responsible Area Director is Sean Turner

RFC Editor Note

  The IESG has concluded that this work is related to IETF work done
  in the IPSECME WG, but this relationship does not prevent publishing.