Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-codec-guidelines-05.txt> (Guidelines for the Codec Development Within the IETF) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 09:12:47 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Internet Wideband Audio Codec WG
(codec) to consider the following document:
- 'Guidelines for the Codec Development Within the IETF'
  <draft-ietf-codec-guidelines-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-10-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides general guidelines for work on developing and
   specifying a codec within the IETF.  These guidelines cover the
   development process, evaluation, requirements conformance, and
   intellectual property issues.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-codec-guidelines/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-codec-guidelines/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.