Subject: Protocol Action: 'Email Feedback Report Type Value : not-spam' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-marf-not-spam-feedback-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 09:01:35 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Email Feedback Report Type Value : not-spam'
  (draft-ietf-marf-not-spam-feedback-03.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Messaging Abuse Reporting Format
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Pete Resnick and Peter Saint-Andre.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-marf-not-spam-feedback/

Technical Summary 

This document defines a new Abuse Reporting Format (ARF) feedback 
report type value: "not-spam". It can be used to report a message 
that was mistakenly marked as spam. 

Working Group Summary 

The Working Group found this a simple and non-controversial extension. 

Document Quality 

This extension is added to parallel similar capabilities in the mobile 
equivalent of ARF, known as SpamRep. In that light, there are existing 
implementations on the mobile side, and this work seeks to maintain the 
same parallelism that otherwise already exists. Thus, the requirement 
for this capability has already received thorough review and assent 
within the OMA. 

Personnel

Murray S. Kucherawy <[email-masked]> is the document shepherd.
Pete Resnick <[email-masked]> is the responsible AD.