Subject: Re: IETF-Announce Digest, Vol 90, Issue 2

From: Kannan Kothandaraman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 12:10:19 -0700

U 
- Kannan

----- Original Message -----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2011 12:00 PM
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: IETF-Announce Digest, Vol 90, Issue 2

If you have received this digest without all the individual message
attachments you will need to update your digest options in your list
subscription.  To do so, go to 

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

Click the 'Unsubscribe or edit options' button, log in, and set "Get
MIME or Plain Text Digests?" to MIME.  You can set this option
globally for all the list digests you receive at this point.

Send IETF-Announce mailing list submissions to
	[email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
	https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
	[email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
	[email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of IETF-Announce digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. Last Call: <draft-salter-rfc5430bis-01.txt> (Suite B Profile
      for	Transport Layer Security (TLS)) to Informational RFC (The IESG)
   2. Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-li-lb-07.txt> (MPLS Transport
      Profile	lock Instruct and Loopback Functions) to Proposed
      Standard (The IESG)
   3. Last Call: <draft-irtf-hiprg-dht-04.txt> (Host Identity
      Protocol	Distributed Hash Table Interface) to Experimental RFC
      (The IESG)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 13:55:06 -0700
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Subject: Last Call: <draft-salter-rfc5430bis-01.txt> (Suite B Profile
	for	Transport Layer Security (TLS)) to Informational RFC
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Suite B Profile for Transport Layer Security (TLS)'
  <draft-salter-rfc5430bis-01.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-10-31. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The United States government has published guidelines for "NSA Suite
   B Cryptography" that defines cryptographic algorithm policy for
   national security applications.  This document defines a profile of
   Transport Layer Security (TLS) version 1.2 that is fully compliant
   with Suite B.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-salter-rfc5430bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-salter-rfc5430bis/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1596/

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 07:04:33 -0700
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-li-lb-07.txt> (MPLS Transport
	Profile	lock Instruct and Loopback Functions) to Proposed Standard
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'MPLS Transport Profile lock Instruct and Loopback Functions'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-li-lb-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-10-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Two useful Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM)
   functions in a transport network are "lock" and "loopback". The lock
   function enables an operator to lock a transport path such that it
   does not carry client traffic, but can continue to carry OAM messages
   and may carry test traffic. The loopback function allows an operator
   to set a specific node on the transport path into loopback mode such
   that it returns all received data.

   This document specifies the lock function for MPLS networks and
   describes how the loopback function operates in MPLS networks.

   This document updates RFC 6371 section 7.1.1.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-li-lb/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-li-lb/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1439/

This document contains a "downref" to RFC 6371, the Informational RFC that it updates.

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 07:05:34 -0700
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Subject: Last Call: <draft-irtf-hiprg-dht-04.txt> (Host Identity
	Protocol	Distributed Hash Table Interface) to Experimental RFC
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

The IESG has received a request to review the following document,
submitted for publication as an Experimental RFC by the IRTF:

  'Host Identity Protocol Distributed Hash Table Interface'
  <draft-irtf-hiprg-dht-04.txt>

This document calls for the assignment of a new HIP Packet Type from
the HIP Packet Type registry,
http://www.iana.org/assignments/hip-parameters/hip-parameters.xml
Assignment of HIP Packet Types requires IETF consensus.  The purpose
of this last call is to assess IETF consensus for the assignment
described in the document.

Please send substantive comments to the [email-masked] mailing lists by
2011-11-01. Exceptionally, comments may be sent to [email-masked]
instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of the Subject
line to allow automated sorting.
Abstract

   This document specifies a common interface for using HIP with a
   Distributed Hash Table service to provide a name-to-Host-Identity-Tag
   lookup service and a Host-Identity-Tag-to-address lookup service.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-hiprg-dht/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-hiprg-dht/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

------------------------------

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

End of IETF-Announce Digest, Vol 90, Issue 2
********************************************