Subject: RFC 6407 on The Group Domain of Interpretation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 18:38:18 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6407

        Title:      The Group Domain of Interpretation 
        Author:     B. Weis, S. Rowles,
                    T. Hardjono
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      64
        Characters: 147102
        Obsoletes:  RFC3547

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-msec-gdoi-update-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6407.txt

This document describes the Group Domain of Interpretation (GDOI)
protocol specified in RFC 3547.  The GDOI provides group key
management to support secure group communications according to the
architecture specified in RFC 4046.  The GDOI manages group security
associations, which are used by IPsec and potentially other data
security protocols.  This document replaces RFC 3547.  
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multicast Security Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC