Subject: BCP 169, RFC 6382 on Unique Origin Autonomous System Numbers (ASNs) per Node for Globally Anycasted Services

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 21:55:48 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 169        
        RFC 6382

        Title:      Unique Origin Autonomous System Numbers 
                    (ASNs) per Node for Globally Anycasted 
                    Services 
        Author:     D. McPherson, R. Donnelly,
                    F. Scalzo
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 25224
        See Also:   BCP0169

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-grow-unique-origin-as-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6382.txt

This document makes recommendations regarding the use of unique
origin autonomous system numbers (ASNs) per node for globally
anycasted critical infrastructure services in order to provide
routing system discriminators for a given anycasted prefix.  Network
management and monitoring techniques, or other operational mechanisms,
may employ this new discriminator in whatever manner best
accommodates their operating environment.  This memo documents an 
Internet Best Current Practice.

This document is a product of the Global Routing Operations Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC