Subject: Call for Comment on "Independent Submission Editor Model"

From: "IAB Chair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 09:40:46 -0700

This is an IETF-wide Call for Comment on "Independent Submission Editor
Model".

The document is being considered for publication as an Informational RFC 
within the IAB stream, and is available for inspection here:  
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-ise-model

The Call for Comment will last until November 26, 2011. Please send comments

to [email-masked], CC:'ing [email-masked], or submit them via TRAC
(see below).  

Note that the posting policy of the rfc-interest list is "subscriber only":

https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-interest

=============================================================== 
Submitting Comments via TRAC 
 
1. To submit an issue in TRAC, you first need to login to the IAB site 
on the tools server: http://tools.ietf.org/wg/iab/ 
<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/iab/trac/login> trac/login 
 
2. If you don't already have a login ID, you can obtain one by 
navigating to this site: http:// <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/newlogin> 
trac.tools.ietf.org/newlogin 
 
3. Once you have obtained an account, and have logged in, you can file 
an issue by navigating to the ticket entry form: http:// 
<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/iab/trac/newticket> 
trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/iab/trac/newticket 
 
4. When opening an issue: 
 
a. The Type: field should be set to "defect" for an issue with the 
current document text, or "enhancement" for a proposed addition of 
functionality (such as an additional requirement).  
b. The Priority: field is set based on the severity of the Issue. For 
example, editorial issues are typically "minor" or "trivial".  
c. The Milestone: field should be set to milestone1 (useless, I know). 
 
d. The Component: field should be set to the document you are filing 
the issue on.  
e. The Version: field should be set to "1.0".  
f. The Severity: field should be set to based on the status of the 
document (e.g. "In WG Last Call" for a document in IAB last call) 
g. The Keywords: and CC: fields can be left blank unless inspiration 
seizes you.  
h. The Assign To: field is generally filled in with the email address 
of the editor.  
 
5. Typically it won't be necessary to enclose a file with the ticket, 
but if you need to, select "I have files to attach to this ticket".  
 
6. If you want to preview your Issue, click on the "Preview" button. 
When you're ready to submit the issue, click on the "Create Ticket" button.

7. If you want to update an issue, go to the "View Tickets" page: 
http:// <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/iab/trac/report/1> 
trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/iab/trac/report/1 
 
Click on the ticket # you want to update, and then modify the ticket fields
as required