Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-happy-eyeballs-05.txt> (Happy Eyeballs: Success with Dual-Stack Hosts) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 16:11:14 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Operations WG (v6ops) to
consider the following document:
- 'Happy Eyeballs: Success with Dual-Stack Hosts'
  <draft-ietf-v6ops-happy-eyeballs-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-11-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   When the IPv4 server and path is working but the IPv6 server or IPv6
   path is down, a dual-stack client application experiences significant
   connection delay compared to an IPv4-only client.  This is
   undesirable because it causes the dual-stack client to have a worse
   user experience.  This document specifies requirements for algorithms
   that reduce this delay, and provides an example algorithm.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-happy-eyeballs/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-happy-eyeballs/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.