Subject: RFC 6380 on Suite B Profile for Internet Protocol Security (IPsec)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 11:32:28 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6380

        Title:      Suite B Profile for Internet 
                    Protocol Security (IPsec) 
        Author:     K. Burgin, M. Peck
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 21769
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-burgin-ipsec-suiteb-profile-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6380.txt

The United States Government has published guidelines for "NSA
Suite B Cryptography" dated July, 2005, which defines cryptographic
algorithm policy for national security applications.  This document
specifies the conventions for using Suite B cryptography in IP
Security (IPsec).

Since many of the Suite B algorithms are used in other environments,
the majority of the conventions needed for the Suite B
algorithms are already specified in other documents.  This document
references the source of these conventions, with some relevant
detail repeated to aid developers who choose to support Suite B.
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC