Subject: WG Action: Conclusion of Multicast Security (msec)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 10:14:53 -0700 (PDT)

The Multicast Security (msec) working group in the Security Area has
concluded. The IESG contact persons are Sean Turner and Stephen Farrell.

The msec working group has completed its primary charter items, and is
officially closing. The mailing list and list archive will be retained.

The msec working group was primarily focused on standardizing protocols
for securing group communication over Internets, and in particular over
the global Internet. Some of the working group products include: The
Multicast Group Security Architecture (RFC 3740), The Multicast Security
(MSEC) Group Key Management Architecture (RFC 4046), MIKEY: Multimedia
Internet KEYing (RFC 3830), GSAKMP: Group Secure Association Key
Management Protocol (RFC 4535), Multicast Extensions to the Security
Architecture for the Internet Protocol (RFC 5374), and The Group Domain
of Interpretation (RFC 6407).

We would like to thank all of the IETF participants who have contributed
to the various documents produced by the msec working group and to the
successful completion of their deliverables. We especially thank the
working group's co-chairs: Ran Canetti, Lakshminath Dondeti, Brian Weis,
and Vincent Roca.

---

From: Brian Weis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 11:00:14 -0700

> working group's co-chairs: Ran Canetti, Lakshminath Dondeti, Brian Weis,

And thanks also to Thomas Hardjono, who was an original co-chair along with Ran Canetti.

Thanks,
Brian