Subject: RFC 6385 on General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) Experiences

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 11:32:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6385

        Title:      General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) 
                    Experiences 
        Author:     M. Barnes, A. Doria,
                    H. Alvestrand, B. Carpenter
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 53233
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-doria-genart-experience-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6385.txt

The General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) has been doing reviews of
Internet-Drafts (I-Ds) since 2004.  This document discusses the
experience and the lessons learned over the past 7 years of this
process.  The review team initially reviewed the I-Ds before each of
the IESG telechats.  Since late 2005, review team members have been
assigned to review I-Ds during IETF Last Call, unless no IETF Last
Call is necessary for the I-D.  The same reviewer then reviews any
updates when the I-D is placed on an IESG telechat agenda.
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC