Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-geopriv-deref-protocol-03.txt> (A Location Dereferencing Protocol Using HELD) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:51:20 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Geographic Location/Privacy WG
(geopriv) to consider the following document:
- 'A Location Dereferencing Protocol Using HELD'
  <draft-ietf-geopriv-deref-protocol-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-10-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes how to use the Hypertext Transfer Protocol
   (HTTP) over Transport Layer Security (TLS) as a dereferencing
   protocol to resolve a reference to a Presence Information Data Format
   Location Object (PIDF-LO).  The document assumes that a Location
   Recipient possesses a URI that can be used in conjunction with the
   HELD protocol to request the location of the Target.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-deref-protocol/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-deref-protocol/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.