Subject: Last Call: <draft-salter-rfc5430bis-01.txt> (Suite B Profile for Transport Layer Security (TLS)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 13:55:06 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Suite B Profile for Transport Layer Security (TLS)'
  <draft-salter-rfc5430bis-01.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-10-31. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The United States government has published guidelines for "NSA Suite
   B Cryptography" that defines cryptographic algorithm policy for
   national security applications.  This document defines a profile of
   Transport Layer Security (TLS) version 1.2 that is fully compliant
   with Suite B.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-salter-rfc5430bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-salter-rfc5430bis/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1596/