Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-rmt-simple-auth-for-alc-norm-05.txt> (Simple Authentication Schemes for the ALC and NORM Protocols) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 14:41:01 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Reliable Multicast Transport WG
(rmt) to consider the following document:
- 'Simple Authentication Schemes for the ALC and NORM Protocols'
  <draft-ietf-rmt-simple-auth-for-alc-norm-05.txt> as an Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-11-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document introduces four schemes that provide per-packet
   authentication, integrity and anti-replay services in the context of
   the ALC and NORM protocols.  The first scheme is based on digital
   signatures.  The second scheme relies on the Elliptic Curve Digital
   Signature Algorithm (ECDSA).  The third scheme relies on a group
   Message Authentication Code (MAC).  Finally, the fourth scheme merges
   the digital signature and group schemes.  These schemes have
   different target use cases and they do not all provide the same
   service.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmt-simple-auth-for-alc-norm/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmt-simple-auth-for-alc-norm/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.