Subject: Document Action: 'MIKEY-SAKKE: Sakai-Kasahara Key Exchange in Multimedia Internet KEYing (MIKEY)' to Informational RFC (draft-groves-mikey-sakke-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 00:24:56 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'MIKEY-SAKKE: Sakai-Kasahara Key Exchange in Multimedia Internet KEYing
   (MIKEY)'
  (draft-groves-mikey-sakke-03.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Sean Turner.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-groves-mikey-sakke/

Technical Summary

   This document describes MIKEY-SAKKE, a method of key exchange
   designed for use in IMS Media Plane Security, but with potential for
   wider applicability.  The MIKEY-SAKKE mode uses Identifier-Based
   Public Key Cryptography (IDPKC) to establish a shared secret value
   and certificate-less signatures to provide source authentication. 
   MIKEY-SAKKE has a number of desirable features, including simplex
   transmission, scalability, low-latency call setup, support for Lawful
   Interception (LI) and support for secure deferred delivery. 
 
Working Group Summary

   This is not the product of any working group.  

   This submission is part of a family of specifications specifying a new
   mikey mode for use in 3GPP.  Adoption by 3GPP is not assured.

Document Quality

   There are no known commercial implementations, but if adopted by
   3GPP, a number of implementations are expected.

Personnel

   Tim Polk is the Responsible AD.  The authors are acting as
   their own Document Shepherd. 

RFC Editor Note

   Please use the following boiler plate when this document is published:

    This document is a product of the Internet Engineering Task Force
    (IETF). It has been approved for publication by the Internet
    Engineering Steering Group (IESG).