Subject: Document Action: 'Sakai-Kasahara Key Establishment (SAKKE)' to Informational RFC (draft-groves-sakke-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 00:27:06 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Sakai-Kasahara Key Establishment (SAKKE)'
  (draft-groves-sakke-03.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Sean Turner.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-groves-sakke/

Technical Summary

   This document defines an efficient use of Identifier-Based Encryption
   (IBE) based on bilinear pairings.  The Sakai-Kasahara IBE
   cryptosystem [S-K] is described for establishment of a shared secret
   value.  

Working Group Summary

   This is not the product of any working group.  This document provides an
   alternative to the IBE options available in [RFC5091], providing an
   efficient primitive and an additional family of curves. 
 
   This document is restricted to a particular family of curves compatible
   with a simple and efficient method of calculating the pairing on which
   the Sakai-Kasahara IBE cryptosystem is based.

   This submission is part of a family of specifications specifying a new
   mikey mode for use in 3GPP.  Adoption by 3GPP is not assured.

Document Quality

   There are no known commercial implementations, but the
   Sakai-Kasahara IBE cryptosystem is widely known in cryptographic
   communities and considered to be secure.  If the corresponding mikey
   mode is adopted by 3GPP, a number of implementations are expected.

Personnel

   Tim Polk is the Document Shepherd.
   Sean Turner is the Responsible AD.  

RFC Editor Note

  Please use the following boiler plate when this document is published:

  This document is a product of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF).
  It has been approved for publication by the Internet Engineering Steering
  Group (IESG).