Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-27.txt> (Media Resource Control Protocol Version 2 (MRCPv2)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 22:32:37 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Speech Services Control WG
(speechsc) to consider the following document:
- 'Media Resource Control Protocol Version 2 (MRCPv2)'
  <draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-27.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This is a second IETF LC to verify the changes to the policy used
for the vendor-specific parameters IANA registry, and the use of the
set-cookie headers made in response to earlier last call comments
and external review, and to verify the current normative
reference (downref) to RFC 2483, an Experimental RFC.

>From the shepherd report:
All normative references are standards track RFCs except for nominal 
DOWNREF is to RFC 2483; that reference is to the text/uri-list definition. 
MRCPv2 uses the same definition of text/uri-list as found in the IANA 
media types registry. We could make this reference Informative or be 
silent on the reference, as the MRCPv2 reference is to the IANA registry. 
However, the work group believes it to be useful to have a pointer to the 
definition of text/uri-list for implementers to follow.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-11-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The MRCPv2 protocol allows client hosts to control media service
   resources such as speech synthesizers, recognizers, verifiers and
   identifiers residing in servers on the network.  MRCPv2 is not a
   "stand-alone" protocol - it relies on other protocols, such as
   Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) to rendezvous MRCPv2 clients and
   servers and manage sessions between them, and the Session Description
   Protocol (SDP) to describe, discover and exchange capabilities.  It
   also depends on SIP and SDP to establish the media sessions and
   associated parameters between the media source or sink and the media
   server.  Once this is done, the MRCPv2 protocol exchange operates
   over the control session established above, allowing the client to
   control the media processing resources on the speech resource server.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.