Subject: RFC 6426 on MPLS On-Demand Connectivity Verification and Route Tracing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 01:36:56 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6426

        Title:      MPLS On-Demand Connectivity Verification and 
                    Route Tracing 
        Author:     E. Gray, N. Bahadur,
                    S. Boutros, R. Aggarwal
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 46539
        Updates:    RFC4379

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-tp-on-demand-cv-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6426.txt

Label Switched Path Ping (LSP ping) is an existing and widely
deployed Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) mechanism
for Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Paths
(LSPs).  This document describes extensions to LSP ping so that LSP
ping can be used for on-demand connectivity verification of MPLS
Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) LSPs and pseudowires.  This document also
clarifies procedures to be used for processing the related OAM
packets.  Further, it describes procedures for using LSP ping to
perform connectivity verification and route tracing functions in
MPLS-TP networks.  Finally, this document updates RFC 4379 by adding
a new address type and creating an IANA registry.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC