Subject: RFC 6435 on MPLS Transport Profile Lock Instruct and Loopback Functions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 23:13:57 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6435

        Title:      MPLS Transport Profile Lock Instruct 
                    and Loopback Functions 
        Author:     S. Boutros, Ed.,
                    S. Sivabalan, Ed.,
                    R. Aggarwal, Ed.,
                    M. Vigoureux, Ed.,
                    X. Dai, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 23862
        Updates:    RFC6371

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-tp-li-lb-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6435.txt

Two useful Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM)
functions in a transport network are "lock" and "loopback".  The lock
function enables an operator to lock a transport path such that it
does not carry client traffic, but can continue to carry OAM messages
and may carry test traffic.  The loopback function allows an operator
to set a specific node on the transport path into loopback mode such
that it returns all received data.

This document specifies the lock function for MPLS networks and
describes how the loopback function operates in MPLS networks.

This document updates Sections 7.1.1 and 7.1.2 of RFC 6371.  
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC