Subject: Results of IETF-conflict review for <draft-cakulev-ibake-05.txt>

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 00:34:30 -0800

The IESG has completed a review of <draft-cakulev-ibake-05.txt> consistent with RFC5742. 
This review is applied to all non-IETF streams.

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'IBAKE: Identity-Based
Authenticated Key Exchange' <draft-cakulev-ibake-05.txt> as an
Informational RFC.

The IESG would also like the RFC-Editor to review the comments in
the datatracker (http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cakulev-ibake/)
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot
and the comment log.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cakulev-ibake/

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   This document specified the Identity Based Authenticated Key Exchange
   (IBAKE) Protocol.  It claims to avoid two pitfalls of regular IBE:
   1) The PKG does not end up being a de-facto key escrow server,
   2) It adds mutual authentication for communicating parties.

Working Group Summary

   This is an ISE submission.

Document Quality

   This draft was forwarded to the CFRG for review.
   Jim Schaad also reviewed it.

Personnel

   Sean Turner reviewed this document for the IESG.

RFC Editor Note

The IESG has concluded that this work is related to IETF work done
in the SMIME WG (now closed), but this relationship does not prevent
publishing.