Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-l3vpn-ospfv3-pece-09.txt> (OSPFv3 as a PE-CE routing protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 15:42:23 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks
WG (l3vpn) to consider the following document:
- 'OSPFv3 as a PE-CE routing protocol'
  <draft-ietf-l3vpn-ospfv3-pece-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-12-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Many Service Providers (SPs) offer Virtual Private Network (VPN)
   services to their customers using a technique in which Customer Edge
   (CE) routers are routing peers of Provider Edge (PE) routers.  The
   Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) is used to distribute the customer's
   routes across the provider's IP backbone network, and Multiprotocol
   Label Switching (MPLS) is used to tunnel customer packets across the
   provider's backbone.  This is known as a "BGP/MPLS IP VPN".
   Originally only IPv4 was supported and it was later extended to
   support IPv6 VPNs as well.  Extensions were later added for the
   support of the Open Shortest Path First protocol version 2 (OSPFv2)
   as a PE-CE routing protocol for the IPv4 VPNs.  This document extends
   those specifications to support OSPF version 3 (OSPFv3) as a PE-CE
   routing protocol.  The OSPFv3 PE-CE functionality is identical to
   that of OSPFv2 except for the differences described in this document.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l3vpn-ospfv3-pece/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l3vpn-ospfv3-pece/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.