Subject: RFC 6432 on Carrying Q.850 Codes in Reason Header Fields in SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) Responses

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 22:11:32 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6432

        Title:      Carrying Q.850 Codes in Reason 
                    Header Fields in SIP (Session Initiation 
                    Protocol) Responses 
        Author:     R. Jesske, L. Liess
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 7487
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-jesske-dispatch-update3326-reason-responses-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6432.txt

Although the use of the SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) Reason
header field in responses is considered in general in RFC 3326, its
use is not specified for any particular response code.  Nonetheless,
existing deployments have been using Reason header fields to carry
failure-related Q.850 cause codes in SIP responses to INVITE requests
that have been gatewayed to Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN)
systems.  This document normatively describes the use of the Reason
header field in carrying Q.850 cause codes in SIP responses. 
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC