Subject: RFC 6449 on Complaint Feedback Loop Operational Recommendations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 20:58:54 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6449

        Title:      Complaint Feedback Loop Operational Recommendations 
        Author:     J. Falk, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 75139
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-jdfalk-maawg-cfblbcp-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6449.txt

Complaint Feedback Loops similar to those described herein have
existed for more than a decade, resulting in many de facto standards
and best practices.  This document is an attempt to codify, and thus
clarify, the ways that both providers and consumers of these feedback
mechanisms intend to use the feedback, describing some already common
industry practices.

This document is the result of cooperative efforts within the
Messaging Anti-Abuse Working Group, a trade organization separate
from the IETF.  The original MAAWG document upon which this document
is based was published in April, 2010.  This document does not
represent the consensus of the IETF; rather it is being published as
an Informational RFC to make it widely available to the Internet
community and simplify reference to this material from IETF work.
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC