Subject: RFC 6418 on Multiple Interfaces and Provisioning Domains Problem Statement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 22:03:32 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6418

        Title:      Multiple Interfaces and Provisioning Domains 
                    Problem Statement 
        Author:     M. Blanchet, P. Seite
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 50537
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mif-problem-statement-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6418.txt

This document describes issues encountered by a node attached to
multiple provisioning domains.  This node receives configuration
information from each of its provisioning domains, where some
configuration objects are global to the node and others are local to
the interface.  Issues such as selecting the wrong interface to send
traffic happen when conflicting node-scoped configuration objects are
received and inappropriately used.  Moreover, other issues are the
result of simultaneous attachment to multiple networks, such as
domain selection or addressing and naming space overlaps, regardless
of the provisioning mechanism.  While multiple provisioning domains
are typically seen on nodes with multiple interfaces, this document
also discusses situations involving single-interface nodes.  
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Multiple Interfaces Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC