Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-netconf-system-notifications-06.txt> (Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) Base Notifications) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 15:48:43 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Network Configuration WG
(netconf) to consider the following document:
- 'Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) Base Notifications'
  <draft-ietf-netconf-system-notifications-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-11-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The NETCONF protocol provides mechanisms to manipulate configuration
   datastores.  However, client applications often need to be aware of
   common events such as a change in NETCONF server capabilities, that
   may impact management applications.  Standard mechanisms are needed
   to support the monitoring of the base system events within the
   NETCONF server.  This document defines a YANG module that allows a
   NETCONF client to receive notifications for some common system
   events.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-system-notifications/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-system-notifications/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.