Subject: RFC 6413 on Benchmarking Methodology for Link-State IGP Data-Plane Route Convergence

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 22:03:04 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6413

        Title:      Benchmarking Methodology for Link-State IGP 
                    Data-Plane Route Convergence 
        Author:     S. Poretsky, B. Imhoff,
                    K. Michielsen
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      42
        Characters: 90935
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-meth-23.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6413.txt

This document describes the methodology for benchmarking Link-State
Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP) Route Convergence.  The methodology
is to be used for benchmarking IGP convergence time through
externally observable (black-box) data-plane measurements.  The
methodology can be applied to any link-state IGP, such as IS-IS and
OSPF.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; 
it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC