Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-netconf-access-control-06.txt> (Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) Access Control Model) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 07:05:45 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Network Configuration WG
(netconf) to consider the following document:
- 'Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) Access Control Model'
  <draft-ietf-netconf-access-control-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-11-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The standardization of network configuration interfaces for use with
   the NETCONF protocol requires a structured and secure operating
   environment that promotes human usability and multi-vendor
   interoperability.  There is a need for standard mechanisms to
   restrict NETCONF protocol access for particular users to a pre-
   configured subset of all available NETCONF protocol operations and
   content.  This document defines such an access control model.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-access-control/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-access-control/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.