Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mib-management-overview-05.txt> (Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) MIB-based Management Overview) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 07:06:38 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) MIB-based
   Management Overview'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mib-management-overview-05.txt> as an Informational
RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-12-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   A range of Management Information Base (MIB) modules has been
   developed to help model and manage the various aspects of
   Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) networks.  These MIB modules are
   defined in separate documents that focus on the specific areas of
   responsibility of the modules that they describe.

   The MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) is a profile of MPLS
   functionality specific to the construction of packet-switched
   transport networks.

   This document describes the MIB-based architecture for MPLS-TP,
   and indicates the interrelationships between different existing MIB
   modules that can be leveraged for MPLS-TP network management and
   identifies areas where additional MIB modules are required.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mib-management-overview/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mib-management-overview/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.