Subject: Protocol Action: 'A Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Header Extension for Mixer-to- Client Audio Level Indication' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-avtext-mixer-to-client-audio-level-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 23:16:51 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Header Extension for Mixer-to-
   Client Audio Level Indication'
  (draft-ietf-avtext-mixer-to-client-audio-level-06.txt) as a Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Extensions
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Gonzalo Camarillo and Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-mixer-to-client-audio-level/

Technical Summary

This document describes a mechanism for RTP-level mixers in audio
conferences to deliver information about the audio level of
individual participants.  Such audio level indicators are transported
in the same RTP packets as the audio data they pertain to.

Working Group Summary

The document is a product of the AVTEXT working group.

Document Quality

Jitsu has a working and deployed implementation of this internet-
draft. 

Personnel

Keith Drage is the document's shepherd.
Gonzalo Camarillo is the responsible AD.