Subject: RFC 6423 on Using the Generic Associated Channel Label for Pseudowire in the MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 16:14:07 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6423

        Title:      Using the Generic Associated Channel 
                    Label for Pseudowire in the MPLS 
                    Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) 
        Author:     H. Li, L. Martini,
                    J. He, F. Huang
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       UNKNOWN 
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 9343
        Updates:    RFC5586

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pwe3-mpls-tp-gal-in-pw-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6423.txt

This document describes the requirements for using the Generic
Associated Channel Label (GAL) in pseudowires (PWs) in MPLS Transport 
Profile (MPLS-TP) networks, and provides an update to the description 
of GAL usage in RFC 5586 by removing the restriction that is imposed 
on using GAL for PWs, especially in MPLS-TP environments.  
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC