Subject: Last Call: <draft-gerhards-syslog-plain-tcp-11.txt> (Transmission of Syslog Messages over TCP) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 16:40:03 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Transmission of Syslog Messages over TCP'
  <draft-gerhards-syslog-plain-tcp-11.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-12-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   There have been many implementations and deployments of legacy syslog
   over TCP for many years.  That protocol has evolved without being
   standardized and has proven to be quite interoperable in practice.
   The aim of this specification is to explain how TCP has been used as
   a transport for syslog messages.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gerhards-syslog-plain-tcp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gerhards-syslog-plain-tcp/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.