Subject: RFC 6419 on Current Practices for Multiple-Interface Hosts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 22:03:47 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6419

        Title:      Current Practices for Multiple-Interface Hosts 
        Author:     M. Wasserman, P. Seite
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 51809
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mif-current-practices-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6419.txt

An increasing number of hosts are operating in multiple-interface
environments.  This document summarizes current practices in this
area and describes in detail how some common operating systems cope
with challenges that ensue from this context.  This document is not 
an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for 
informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Multiple Interfaces Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC