Subject: RFC 6420 on PIM Multi-Topology ID (MT-ID) Join Attribute

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 16:13:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6420

        Title:      PIM Multi-Topology ID (MT-ID) Join 
                    Attribute 
        Author:     Y. Cai, H. Ou
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 28310
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pim-mtid-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6420.txt

This document introduces a new type of PIM Join Attribute that
extends PIM signaling to identify a topology that should be used when
constructing a particular multicast distribution tree.  
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Protocol Independent Multicast Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC