Subject: Document Action: 'Elliptic Curve-based Certificate-less Signatures for Identifier Based Encryption (ECCSI)' to Informational RFC (draft-groves-eccsi-01.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 00:26:03 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Elliptic Curve-based Certificate-less Signatures for Identifier Based
   Encryption (ECCSI)'
  (draft-groves-eccsi-01.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Sean Turner.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-groves-eccsi/

Technical Summary

   This document describes an efficient scheme, ECCSI, for
   elliptic curve-based certificate-less signatures, primarily intended
   for use with Identifier Based Encryption (IBE) schemes such as
   [SAKKE].  (IBE schemes are motivated in part to avoid retrieval 
   of certificates.)  The algorithm is based upon the ECDSA algorithm.
   supplemented by ideas set out by Benjamin Arazi.

Working Group Summary

   This is not the product of any working group.  This submission
   is part of a family of specifications specifying a new mikey mode
   for use in 3GPP.  Adoption by 3GPP is not assured.

Document Quality

   There are no known commercial implementations.  If adopted by
   3GPP, a number of implementations are expected.

Personnel

   Tim Polk is the Document Shepherd. 
   Sean Turner is the Responsible AD.

RFC Editor Note

  Please use the following boiler plate when this document is published:

  This document is a product of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF).
  It has been approved for publication by the Internet Engineering Steering
  Group (IESG).