Subject: RFC 6437 on IPv6 Flow Label Specification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 16:14:34 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6437

        Title:      IPv6 Flow Label Specification 
        Author:     S. Amante, B. Carpenter,
                    S. Jiang, J. Rajahalme
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 35269
        Obsoletes:  RFC3697
        Updates:    RFC2205, RFC2460

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6man-flow-3697bis-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6437.txt

This document specifies the IPv6 Flow Label field and the minimum
requirements for IPv6 nodes labeling flows, IPv6 nodes forwarding
labeled packets, and flow state establishment methods.  Even when
mentioned as examples of possible uses of the flow labeling, more
detailed requirements for specific use cases are out of the scope for
this document.

The usage of the Flow Label field enables efficient IPv6 flow
classification based only on IPv6 main header fields in fixed
positions.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC