Subject: RFC 6427 on MPLS Fault Management Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 23:12:58 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6427

        Title:      MPLS Fault Management Operations, Administration, 
                    and Maintenance (OAM) 
        Author:     G. Swallow, Ed.,
                    A. Fulignoli, Ed.,
                    M. Vigoureux, Ed.,
                    S. Boutros, 
                    D. Ward
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 34069
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-tp-fault-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6427.txt

This document specifies Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM)
messages to indicate service disruptive conditions for MPLS-based
transport network Label Switched Paths.  The notification mechanism
employs a generic method for a service disruptive condition to be
communicated to a Maintenance Entity Group End Point.  This document
defines an MPLS OAM channel, along with messages to communicate
various types of service disruptive conditions.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC