Subject: Results of IETF-conflict review for <draft-mckenzie-arpanet-host-host-protocol-01.txt>

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 14:03:34 -0800

The IESG has completed a review of <draft-mckenzie-arpanet-host-host-protocol> consistent with RFC5742. 
This review is applied to all non-IETF streams.

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'Host/Host Protocol for
the ARPA Network' <draft-mckenzie-arpanet-host-host-protocol-01.txt> as a
Historic.

The IESG would also like the RFC-Editor to review the comments in
the datatracker
(http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mckenzie-arpanet-host-host-protocol/)
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot
and the comment log.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mckenzie-arpanet-host-host-protocol/

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

IESG Note

The IESG has concluded that there is no conflict between this document
and IETF work. Further, no IESG Note is requested.

COMMENTS FOR ISE

I strongly encourage the RFC Editor to work with the authors
to replace this URL:

http://alexmckenzie.weebly.com/hosthost-protocol-for-the-arpa-network.html

with a PDF version of the document that contains the introduction
that appears in the Internet-Draft followed by the scanned Document
Number 1. In this way, the figures, italic text, and bold text can be
preserved in the RFC series itself. Further, the ASCII version of the
RFC can replace this reference will a pointer to the PDF version of
the RFC.

Section 2 says: "... TCP is usually referred to as a layer 3 protocol."
This is not correct. TCP is usually considered the Transport Layer,
which is layer 4.