Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-kitten-sasl-saml-06.txt> (A SASL and GSS-API Mechanism for SAML) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 06:58:27 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Common Authentication Technology
Next Generation WG (kitten) to consider the following document:
- 'A SASL and GSS-API Mechanism for SAML'
  <draft-ietf-kitten-sasl-saml-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-01-05. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) has found its usage on the
   Internet for Web Single Sign-On.  Simple Authentication and Security
   Layer (SASL) and the Generic Security Service Application Program
   Interface (GSS-API) are application frameworks to generalize
   authentication.  This memo specifies a SASL mechanism and a GSS-API
   mechanism for SAML 2.0 that allows the integration of existing SAML
   Identity Providers with applications using SASL and GSS-API.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-sasl-saml/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-sasl-saml/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.