Subject: REVISED Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-vpn-option-14.txt> (Virtual Subnet Selection Options for DHCPv4 and DHCPv6) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 11:52:06 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Dynamic Host Configuration WG
(dhc) to consider the following document:
- 'Virtual Subnet Selection Options for DHCPv4 and DHCPv6'
  <draft-ietf-dhc-vpn-option-14.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Note that this document has been
extensively revised based on previous IESG review, and this is a
second IETF Last Call on this document.  Please send substantive
comments to the [email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-01-04.
Exceptionally, comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead.  In
either case, please retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow
automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo defines a Virtual Subnet Selection (VSS) option for each of
   DHCPv4 and DHCPv6, and a VSS sub-option carried in the DHCPv4 relay-
   agent-information option.  These are intended for use by DHCP
   clients, relay agents, and proxy clients in situations where VSS
   information needs to be passed to the DHCP server for proper address
   or prefix allocation to take place.

   For the DHCPv4 option and relay-agent-information sub-option, this
   memo documents existing usage as per RFC 3942 [RFC3942].  This memo
   updates RFC 3046 [RFC3046] regarding details relating to copying of
   sub-options (see Section 8).

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-vpn-option/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-vpn-option/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1245/