Subject: RFC 6443 on Framework for Emergency Calling Using Internet Multimedia

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 09:00:29 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6443

        Title:      Framework for Emergency Calling Using 
                    Internet Multimedia 
        Author:     B. Rosen, H. Schulzrinne,
                    J. Polk, A. Newton
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      38
        Characters: 98096
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ecrit-framework-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6443.txt

The IETF has standardized various aspects of placing emergency calls.
This document describes how all of those component parts are used to
support emergency calls from citizens and visitors to authorities.
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC