Subject: Document Action: 'Keying and Authentication for Routing Protocols (KARP) Design Guidelines' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-karp-design-guide-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 09:14:08 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Keying and Authentication for Routing Protocols (KARP) Design
   Guidelines'
  (draft-ietf-karp-design-guide-10.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Keying and Authentication for Routing
Protocols Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-karp-design-guide/

Technical Summary

This document is one of a series concerned with defining a 
roadmap of protocol specification work for the use of modern 
cryptographic mechanisms and algorithms for message 
authentication in routing protocols.  In particular, it defines 
the framework for a key management protocol that may be used to 
create and manage session keys for message authentication and 
integrity.    

Working Group Summary

The working group support publication of this document as an
informational document. If there is significant evolution in practice
based on experience with this, a revision may be published if that is
deemed useful for future reference.

Document Quality

As a guideline document for future work, there is not a machine
implementation. It is to be noted that some folks have been bypassing
the procedures in this document. It is hoped that approval of the
document will provide support for better inter-working-group cooperation
to make this process work well for all concerned. 

Personnel

Joel Halpern is the Document Shepherd for this document.
Stewart Bryant is the Responsible Area Director.