Subject: RFC 6467 on Secure Password Framework for Internet Key Exchange Version 2 (IKEv2)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 08:53:55 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6467

        Title:      Secure Password Framework for Internet 
                    Key Exchange Version 2 (IKEv2) 
        Author:     T. Kivinen
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 21987
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-kivinen-ipsecme-secure-password-framework-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6467.txt

This document defines a generic way for Internet Key Exchange
version 2 (IKEv2) to use any of the symmetric secure password 
authentication methods.  Multiple methods are already specified 
in other documents, and this document does not add any new one.  
This document specifies a way to agree on which method is to be 
used in the current connection.  This document also provides a 
common way to transmit, between peers, payloads that are specific
to secure password authentication methods.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC