Subject: Last Call: <draft-os-ietf-sshfp-ecdsa-sha2-04.txt> (Use of SHA-256 Algorithm with RSA, DSA and ECDSA in SSHFP Resource Records) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 06:52:41 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Use of SHA-256 Algorithm with RSA, DSA and ECDSA in SSHFP Resource
   Records'
  <draft-os-ietf-sshfp-ecdsa-sha2-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-01-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document updates RFC 4255, which defines a DNS resource record -
   SSHFP that contains a standard SSH key fingerprint used to verify
   Secure Shell (SSH) host keys using Domain Name System Security
   (DNSSEC).  This document defines additional options supporting Secure
   Shell (SSH) public keys using the Elliptic Curve Digital Signature
   Algorithm (ECDSA) and the use of fingerprints computed using the SHA-
   256 message digest algorithm in SSHFP resource records.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-os-ietf-sshfp-ecdsa-sha2/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-os-ietf-sshfp-ecdsa-sha2/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.