Subject: Document Action: 'Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) Voiceband Data Package (VBD) and General Purpose Media Descriptor Parameter Package' to Informational RFC (draft-stone-mgcp-vbd-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 07:44:41 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) Voiceband Data Package (VBD) and
   General Purpose Media Descriptor Parameter Package'
  (draft-stone-mgcp-vbd-10.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Gonzalo Camarillo.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-stone-mgcp-vbd/

Technical Summary

   This document defines Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) packages
   that enable a Call Agent to authorize and monitor the transition of a
   connection to and from voiceband data (VBD) with or without
   redundancy and FEC (forward error correction).  Although the focus is
   on VBD, the General-Purpose Media Descriptor Parameter package can be
   used to authorize other modes of operation, not relevant to VBD, for
   a particular codec.  In addition to the definition of these new
   packages, this document describes the use of the Media Format
   Parameter package and Fax package with VBD, redundancy and FEC.

Working Group Summary

   This document is an AD sponsored individual submission. It is
   not the product of any WG.

Document Quality

   Flemming Andreasen performed an expert review on this document.

Personnel

   Gonzalo Camarillo is the responsible AD.