Subject: RFC 6466 on IANA Registration of the 'image' Media Type for the Session Description Protocol (SDP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 08:19:14 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6466

        Title:      IANA Registration of the 'image' 
                    Media Type for the Session Description 
                    Protocol (SDP) 
        Author:     G. Salgueiro
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11660
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-salgueiro-mmusic-image-iana-registration-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6466.txt

This document describes the usage of the 'image' media type and
registers it with IANA as a top-level media type for the Session
Description Protocol (SDP).  This media type is primarily used by SDP
to negotiate and establish T.38 media streams.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC