Subject: Protocol Action: 'Transport of Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID) Messages over HTTP/ TLS' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mile-rfc6046-bis-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 14:54:02 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Transport of Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID) Messages over HTTP/
   TLS'
  (draft-ietf-mile-rfc6046-bis-09.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Managed Incident Lightweight Exchange
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Sean Turner and Stephen Farrell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-rfc6046-bis/

Technical Summary

   This document provides the HTTP/TLS transport specification
   for Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID) messaging defined
   in RFC6045-bis. This document updates RFC6046.

Working Group Summary

   The working group formally adopted this draft as a working
   group item in Taipei. There has been clear recognition that
   this document is needed to provide the transport for
   RFC6045-bis (also a WG item). Working group members
   showed their support for this document in the review process
   through reviews and comments sent to the mailing list. All
   suggested changes are included in the current version.

Document Quality

   There are existing implementations and new ones in
   development based on the updated requirements. Increasing
   interest in this protocol has been demonstrated by computer
   security incident response teams (CSIRTs) and information
   sharing groups (industry and regionally focused) to automate the
   exchange of cyber security information exchange. The ITU-T
   also has interest in referencing this document in their suite of
   protocols in Study Group 17, question 4. Small changes were
   recommended and made during the working group last call.
   There are no outstanding technical concerns with this document.
   The technical reviews provided by David Black and
   [email-masked] provided small changes that are reflected in
   the current version. 

Personnel

   Kathleen Moriarty ([email-masked]) is the
   document shepherd.
   Sean Turner ([email-masked]) is the
   responsible Area Director.