Subject: Additional Last Call: <draft-ietf-marf-redaction-08.txt> (Redaction of Potentially Sensitive Data from Mail Abuse Reports) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 06:54:17 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Messaging Abuse Reporting Format
WG (marf) to consider the following document:
- 'Redaction of Potentially Sensitive Data from Mail Abuse Reports'
  <draft-ietf-marf-redaction-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

During Last Call and IESG Evaluation, a significant change was made to
the document to address the comments of reviewers, removing a
recommended transformation mechanism and instead detailing how to select
any of the acceptable transformation mechanisms. This additional last
call is to solicit any comments on this change.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-02-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Email messages often contain information that might be considered
   private or sensitive, per either regulation or social norms.  When
   such a message becomes the subject of a report intended to be shared
   with other entities, the report generator may wish to redact or elide
   the sensitive portions of the message.  This memo suggests one method
   for doing so effectively.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-marf-redaction/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-marf-redaction/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.