Subject: SIDR Working Group Interim Meeting February 9, 2012, San Diego, CA USA

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 12:14:26 -0800 (PST)

This is to announce an interim SIDR face-to-face meeting on Thu Feb 9
following the NANOG54 meeting in San Diego, CA.

The interim meeting will focus on two current SIDR topics: replay
protection/beaconing and route leaks. Both topics will benefit from
extended concentrated focus. Route leaks are not currently in the SIDR
charter, and exploring the issues in depth is necessary before
considering a future change to the charter.

The venue was chosen because many of the WG comments on both topics have
been about the operational impact and we might get operators to join in
the discussion. The NANOG54 meeting is Mon-Wed Feb 6-8, so we will
meet on Thu Feb 9 to provide an opportunity for them to attend.

The agenda would be a full day meeting:

0900-1230 Replay protection - beaconing or other solutions
1230-1330 Lunch
1330-1700 Route leaks - firm definition of problem space, requirements,
security concern, exposure sensitivity, remote detection, what, when,
where, whether, how, who, etc., to solve this.

Actual venue is planned to be at or near the NANOG54 venue. Venue and
remote participation details will be announced on the SIDR mailing list.