Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-netext-bulk-re-registration-09.txt> (Bulk Binding Update Support for Proxy Mobile IPv6) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 07:01:00 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Network-Based Mobility
Extensions WG (netext) to consider the following document:
- 'Bulk Binding Update Support for Proxy Mobile IPv6'
  <draft-ietf-netext-bulk-re-registration-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-01-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   For extending the lifetime of a mobility session, the Proxy Mobile
   IPv6 specification requires the mobile access gateway to send a Proxy
   Binding Update message to the local mobility anchor on a per-session
   basis.  In the absence of signaling semantics for performing
   operations with group specific scope, it results in significant
   amount of signaling traffic on a periodic basis between a given
   mobile access gateway and a local mobility anchor.  This document
   defines an optimization to the binding update and revocation
   operations in Proxy Mobile IPv6 for performing operations with group
   specific scope with the use of a group identifier.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-bulk-re-registration/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-bulk-re-registration/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.