Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-forcerenew-nonce-03.txt> (Forcerenew Nonce Authentication) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 10:22:49 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Dynamic Host Configuration WG
(dhc) to consider the following document:
- 'Forcerenew Nonce Authentication'
  <draft-ietf-dhc-forcerenew-nonce-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-02-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   DHCP Forcerenew allows for the reconfiguration of a single host by
   forcing the DHCP client into a Renew state on a trigger from the DHCP
   server.  In Forcerenew Nonce Authentication the server sends a nonce
   with the client on the initial DHCP ACK that is used for subsequent
   validation of a Forcerenew message.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-forcerenew-nonce/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-forcerenew-nonce/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.