Subject: Last Call: <draft-kuegler-ipsecme-pace-ikev2-08.txt> (Password Authenticated Connection Establishment with IKEv2) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 12:16:09 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Password Authenticated Connection Establishment with IKEv2'
  <draft-kuegler-ipsecme-pace-ikev2-08.txt> as an Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-02-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   IKEv2 does not allow secure peer authentication when using short
   credential strings, i.e. passwords.  Several proposals have been made
   to integrate password-authentication protocols into IKE.  This
   document provides an adaptation of PACE (Password Authenticated
   Connection Establishment) to the setting of IKEv2 and demonstrates
   the advantages of this integration.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kuegler-ipsecme-pace-ikev2/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kuegler-ipsecme-pace-ikev2/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.