Subject: RFC 6479 on IPsec Anti-Replay Algorithm without Bit Shifting

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 17:04:49 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6479

        Title:      IPsec Anti-Replay Algorithm without Bit 
                    Shifting 
        Author:     X. Zhang, T. Tsou
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       January 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 16619
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-zhang-ipsecme-anti-replay-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6479.txt

This document presents an alternate method to do the anti-replay
checks and updates for IP Authentication Header (AH) and
Encapsulating Security Protocol (ESP).  The method defined
in this document obviates the need for bit shifting and it reduces
the number of times an anti-replay window is adjusted.  This document
is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC