Subject: RFC 6460 on Suite B Profile for Transport Layer Security (TLS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 15:49:09 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6460

        Title:      Suite B Profile for Transport 
                    Layer Security (TLS) 
        Author:     M. Salter, R. Housley
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 31428
        Obsoletes:  RFC5430

        I-D Tag:    draft-salter-rfc5430bis-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6460.txt

The United States government has published guidelines for "NSA Suite
B Cryptography" that define cryptographic algorithm policy for
national security applications.  This document defines a profile of
Transport Layer Security (TLS) version 1.2 that is fully compliant
with Suite B.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC