Subject: RFC 6459 on IPv6 in 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) Evolved Packet System (EPS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 21:43:39 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6459

        Title:      IPv6 in 3rd Generation Partnership 
                    Project (3GPP) Evolved Packet System (EPS) 
        Author:     J. Korhonen, Ed.,
                    J. Soininen, B. Patil,
                    T. Savolainen, G. Bajko,
                    K. Iisakkila
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      36
        Characters: 84769
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-3gpp-eps-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6459.txt

The use of cellular broadband for accessing the Internet and other
data services via smartphones, tablets, and notebook/netbook
computers has increased rapidly as a result of high-speed packet data
networks such as HSPA, HSPA+, and now Long-Term Evolution (LTE) being
deployed.  Operators that have deployed networks based on 3rd
Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) network architectures are
facing IPv4 address shortages at the Internet registries and are
feeling pressure to migrate to IPv6.  This document describes the
support for IPv6 in 3GPP network architectures.  This document is 
not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for 
informational purposes.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC