Subject: Document Action: 'A Framework for the Control of Wavelength Switched Optical Networks (WSON) with Impairments' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-impairments-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 13:32:54 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A Framework for the Control of Wavelength Switched Optical Networks
   (WSON) with Impairments'
  (draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-impairments-10.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-impairments/

Technical Summary

  This document provides a framework for applying GMPLS protocols and
  the PCE architecture to support Impairment Aware Routing and
  Wavelength Assignment (IA-RWA) in wavelength switched optical
  networks. This document does not define optical data plane aspects;
  impairment parameters, measurement of, or assessment and
  qualification of a route, but rather it describes the architectural
  and information components for protocol solutions.

Working Group Summary

  Nothing unusual in the WG process. 
  The document is considered to be both stable and complete.

Document Quality

  This document is an informational framework with nothing to implement.
  There are a number of drafts being progressed that address various 
  aspects of the framework.

Personnel

  Deborah Brungard ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
  Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD