Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tsvwg-source-quench-04.txt> (Deprecation of ICMP Source Quench messages) to Proposed Standard and RFC 1016 to Historic

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 08:37:35 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Area Working Group WG
(tsvwg) to consider the following document:
- 'Deprecation of ICMP Source Quench messages'
  <draft-ietf-tsvwg-source-quench-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-02-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document formally deprecates the use of ICMP Source Quench
   messages by transport protocols, formally updating RFC 792, RFC 1122,
   and RFC 1812.  Additionally, it requests that the status of RFC 1016
   be changed to "Historic".

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-source-quench/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-source-quench/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.