Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-discard-prefix-02.txt> (A Discard Prefix for IPv6) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 10:44:57 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Operations WG (v6ops) to
consider the following document:
- 'A Discard Prefix for IPv6'
  <draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-discard-prefix-02.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-01-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Remote triggered black hole filtering describes a method of
   militating against denial-of-service attacks by selectively
   discarding traffic based on source or destination address.  Remote
   triggered black hole routing describes a method of selectively re-
   routing traffic into a sinkhole router (for further analysis) based
   on destination address.  This document updates RFC5156 by explaining
   why a unique IPv6 prefix should be formally assigned by IANA for the
   purpose of facilitating IPv6 remote triggered black hole filtering
   and routing.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-discard-prefix/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-discard-prefix/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.