Subject: Last Call: <draft-shin-augmented-pake-10.txt> (Most Efficient Augmented Password-Only Authentication and Key Exchange for IKEv2) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 12:15:13 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Most Efficient Augmented Password-Only Authentication and Key Exchange
   for IKEv2'
  <draft-shin-augmented-pake-10.txt> as an Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-02-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes an efficient augmented password-only
   authentication and key exchange (AugPAKE) protocol where a user
   remembers a low-entropy password and its verifier is registered in
   the intended server.  In general, the user password is chosen from a
   small set of dictionary whose space is within the off-line dictionary
   attacks.  The AugPAKE protocol described here is secure against
   passive attacks, active attacks and off-line dictionary attacks (on
   the obtained messages with passive/active attacks), and also provides
   resistance to server compromise (in the context of augmented PAKE
   security).  In addition, this document describes how the AugPAKE
   protocol is integrated into IKEv2.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shin-augmented-pake/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shin-augmented-pake/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1282/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1284/