Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-oauth-v2-23.txt> (The OAuth 2.0 Authorization Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 07:44:09 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Web Authorization Protocol WG
(oauth) to consider the following document:
- 'The OAuth 2.0 Authorization Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-oauth-v2-23.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-02-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The OAuth 2.0 authorization protocol enables a third-party
   application to obtain limited access to an HTTP service, either on
   behalf of a resource owner by orchestrating an approval interaction
   between the resource owner and the HTTP service, or by allowing the
   third-party application to obtain access on its own behalf.  This
   specification replaces and obsoletes the OAuth 1.0 protocol described
   in RFC 5849.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-v2/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-v2/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.