Subject: Last Call: <draft-gerhards-syslog-plain-tcp-13.txt> (Transmission of Syslog Messages over TCP) to Historic RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 09:53:48 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Transmission of Syslog Messages over TCP'
  <draft-gerhards-syslog-plain-tcp-13.txt> as an Historic RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-01-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

This is a second Last Call, following the IESG discussions which led 
to a number of changes including (but not limited to) changing the 
Intended Status of the document from Informational to Historic. 

Abstract

   There have been many implementations and deployments of legacy syslog
   over TCP for many years.  That protocol has evolved without being
   standardized and has proven to be quite interoperable in practice.
   This memo describes how TCP has been used as a transport for syslog
   messages.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gerhards-syslog-plain-tcp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gerhards-syslog-plain-tcp/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.