Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mile-rfc6045-bis-05.txt> (Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 09:52:18 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Managed Incident Lightweight
Exchange WG (mile) to consider the following document:
- 'Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID)'
  <draft-ietf-mile-rfc6045-bis-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-01-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Security incidents, such as system compromises, worms, viruses,
   phishing incidents, and denial of service, typically result in the
   loss of service, data, and resources both human and system.  Service
   providers and Computer Security Incident Response Teams need to be
   equipped and ready to assist in communicating and tracing security
   incidents with tools and procedures in place before the occurrence of
   an attack.  Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID) outlines a
   proactive inter-network communication method to facilitate sharing
   incident handling data while integrating existing detection, tracing,
   source identification, and mitigation mechanisms for a complete
   incident handling solution.  Combining these capabilities in a
   communication system provides a way to achieve higher security levels
   on networks.  Policy guidelines for handling incidents are
   recommended and can be agreed upon by a consortium using the security
   recommendations and considerations.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-rfc6045-bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-rfc6045-bis/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.