Subject: Results of IETF-conflict review for <draft-irtf-hiprg-dht-05.txt>

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 09:42:21 -0800

The IESG has completed a review of draft-irtf-hiprg-dht consistent with RFC5742. 
This review is applied to all non-IETF streams.

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'Host Identity Protocol
Distributed Hash Table Interface' <draft-irtf-hiprg-dht-05.txt> as an
Experimental RFC.

The IESG would also like the IRSG to review the comments in
the datatracker (http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-hiprg-dht/)
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot
and the comment log.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-hiprg-dht/

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   This document specifies a common interface for using HIP with a
   Distributed Hash Table service to provide a name-to-Host-Identity-Tag
   lookup service and a Host-Identity-Tag-to-address lookup service.

Working Group Summary

   This document is a product of the IRTF and is under RFC 5742 in the
   IESG.  This document defines a new HIP Packet Type and asks IANA to
   register that new packet type.  There was no comment to date on
   this registration action during an IETF last call (which will end
   on Nov 1, 2011).

Document Quality

   N/A

Personnel

   Tom Henderson <[email-masked]> is the document
   shepherd.  Ralph Droms <[email-masked]> is the responsible
   Area Director.

IESG Note

   The IESG has concluded that this work is related to IETF work done
   in the hip Working Group, but this relationship does not prevent
   publishing.