Subject: 2nd Last Call: <draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-vbr-audio-04.txt> (Guidelines for the use of Variable Bit Rate Audio with Secure RTP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 09:17:36 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Core
Maintenance WG (avtcore) to consider the following document:
- 'Guidelines for the use of Variable Bit Rate Audio with Secure RTP'
  <draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-vbr-audio-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This is a second IETF Last Call to verify the strengthening of recommendations as a result of
security area review during IESG evaluation, and a change of intended status from BCP to
Proposed Standard.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-01-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo discusses potential security issues that arise when using
   variable bit rate audio with the secure RTP profile.  Guidelines to
   mitigate these issues are suggested.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-vbr-audio/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-vbr-audio/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.