Subject: RFC 6477 on Registration of Military Message Handling System (MMHS) Header Fields for Use in Internet Mail

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 11:14:21 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6477

        Title:      Registration of Military Message Handling 
                    System (MMHS) Header Fields for Use 
                    in Internet Mail 
        Author:     A. Melnikov, G. Lunt
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 43492
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-melnikov-mmhs-header-fields-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6477.txt

A Military Message Handling System (MMHS) processes formal messages
ensuring release, distribution, security, and timely delivery across
national and international strategic and tactical networks.  The MMHS
Elements of Service are defined as a set of extensions to the ITU-T
X.400 (1992) international standards and are specified in STANAG 4406
Edition 2 and ACP 123.  This document specifies message header fields
and associated processing for RFC 5322 (Internet Message Format) to 
provide a comparable messaging service.  In addition, this document 
provides for a STANAG 4406 / Internet Email Gateway that supports 
message conversion.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC