Subject: Protocol Action: 'URI Template' to Proposed Standard (draft-gregorio-uritemplate-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 16:53:27 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'URI Template'
  (draft-gregorio-uritemplate-08.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Peter Saint-Andre.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gregorio-uritemplate/

Technical Summary

A URI Template is a compact sequence of characters for describing a
range of Uniform Resource Identifiers through variable expansion.
This specification defines the URI Template syntax and the process
for expanding a URI Template into a URI reference, along with
guidelines for the use of URI Templates on the Internet.

Working Group Summary

This document is not the product of a working group.  It is the output 
of an individual submission from people who participate in both the 
IETF and W3C.  The document has has received widespread review
over the years and has undergone numerous revisions to address that
feedback.

Document Quality

There are several implementations of this mechanism in various 
programming languages, as listed at:

http://code.google.com/p/uri-templates/wiki/Implementations

Personnel

   The Document Shepherd is Murray Kucherawy.

   The Responsible Area Director is Peter Saint-Andre.