Subject: Last Call: <draft-harkins-ipsecme-spsk-auth-06.txt> (Secure PSK Authentication for IKE) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 12:14:14 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Secure PSK Authentication for IKE'
  <draft-harkins-ipsecme-spsk-auth-06.txt> as an Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-02-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo describes a secure pre-shared key authentication method for
   IKE.  It is resistant to dictionary attack and retains security even
   when used with weak pre-shared keys.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-harkins-ipsecme-spsk-auth/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-harkins-ipsecme-spsk-auth/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.