Subject: Protocol Action: 'Diameter IKEv2 SK: Shared Key-based Support for IKEv2 Server to Diameter Server Interaction' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dime-ikev2-psk-diameter-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 07:52:33 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Diameter IKEv2 SK: Shared Key-based Support for IKEv2 Server to
   Diameter Server Interaction'
  (draft-ietf-dime-ikev2-psk-diameter-11.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-ikev2-psk-diameter/

Technical Summary

  The Internet Key Exchange protocol version 2 (IKEv2) is a component
   of the IPsec architecture and is used to perform mutual
   authentication as well as to establish and to maintain IPsec security
   associations (SAs) between the respective parties.  IKEv2 supports
   several different authentication mechanisms, such as the Extensible
   Authentication Protocol (EAP), certificates, and pre-shared keys.

   Diameter interworking for Mobile IPv6 between the Home Agent, as a
   Diameter client, and the Diameter server has been specified.
   However, that specification focused on the usage of EAP and did not
   include support for pre-shared key based authentication available
   with IKEv2.  This document specifies IKEv2 server, as a Diameter
   client, to the Diameter server communication for IKEv2 with pre-
   shared key based authentication.

Working Group Summary

   There is Dime WG consensus behind the document. The document was discussed for more than one year in the 
   WG and the document captures the results of the collaborative WG work.

Document Quality

   The document is complete, straightforward, simple and well-written. 

Personnel

   Lionel Morand is the Document Shepherd for this document. Dan Romascanu is the Responsible Area Director.  

IESG Note

  Please change all occurances of TBD(x) with the IANA assignment throughout the entire document. Since these are 
  scattered throughout the doc, the intent may not be obvious to them.