Subject: STD 73, RFC 6522 on The Multipart/Report Media Type for the Reporting of Mail System Administrative Messages

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 11:14:53 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        STD 73        
        RFC 6522

        Title:      The Multipart/Report Media Type for 
                    the Reporting of Mail System Administrative 
                    Messages 
        Author:     M. Kucherawy, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 15715
        Obsoletes:  RFC3462
        See Also:   STD0073

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc3462bis-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6522.txt

The multipart/report Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME)
media type is a general "family" or "container" type for electronic
mail reports of any kind.  Although this memo defines only the use of
the multipart/report media type with respect to delivery status
reports, mail processing programs will benefit if a single media type
is used for all kinds of reports.

This memo obsoletes "The Multipart/Report Content Type for the
Reporting of Mail System Administrative Messages", RFC 3462, and
marks RFC 3462 and its predecessor as "Historic".  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now an Internet Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC