Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-simple-chat-13.txt> (Multi-party Chat Using the Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 07:47:37 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the SIP for Instant Messaging and
Presence Leveraging Extensions WG (simple) to consider the following
document:
- 'Multi-party Chat Using the Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP)'
  <draft-ietf-simple-chat-13.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-02-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP) defines a mechanism for
   sending instant messages within a peer-to-peer session, negotiated
   using the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the Session
   Description Protocol (SDP).  This document defines the necessary
   tools for establishing multi-party chat sessions, or chat rooms,
   using MSRP.

Note that This document has a downward reference to RFC 4353. 
Please comment during the last call on the appropriateness of
this downref.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-simple-chat/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-simple-chat/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.