Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-rmt-simple-auth-for-alc-norm-06.txt> (Simple Authentication Schemes for the ALC and NORM Protocols) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 11:27:35 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Reliable Multicast Transport WG
(rmt) to consider the following document:
- 'Simple Authentication Schemes for the ALC and NORM Protocols'
  <draft-ietf-rmt-simple-auth-for-alc-norm-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This is a second IETF Last Call initiated by a change from Experimental to Proposed Standard.
The change was suggested by the IESG.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-01-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document introduces four schemes that provide per-packet
   authentication, integrity and anti-replay services in the context of
   the ALC and NORM protocols.  The first scheme is based on RSA digital
   signatures.  The second scheme relies on the Elliptic Curve Digital
   Signature Algorithm (ECDSA).  The third scheme relies on a group-
   keyed Message Authentication Code (MAC).  Finally, the fourth scheme
   merges the digital signature and group schemes.  These schemes have
   different target use cases and they do not all provide the same
   service.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmt-simple-auth-for-alc-norm/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmt-simple-auth-for-alc-norm/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.