Subject: RFC 6539 on IBAKE: Identity-Based Authenticated Key Exchange

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 17:43:04 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6539

        Title:      IBAKE: Identity-Based Authenticated Key Exchange 
        Author:     V. Cakulev, G. Sundaram, I. Broustis
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       March 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 28913
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-cakulev-ibake-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6539.txt

Cryptographic protocols based on public-key methods have been
traditionally based on certificates and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) to
support certificate management.  The emerging field of Identity-Based
Encryption (IBE) protocols allows simplification of infrastructure
requirements via a Private-Key Generator (PKG) while providing the
same flexibility.  However, one significant limitation of
IBE methods is that the PKG can end up being a
de facto key escrow server, with undesirable consequences.  Another 
observed deficiency is a lack of mutual authentication of communicating
parties.  This document specifies the Identity-Based Authenticated Key
Exchange (IBAKE) protocol.  IBAKE does not suffer from the key escrow
problem and in addition provides mutual authentication as well as perfect
forward and backward secrecy.  This document is not an Internet Standards
Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC