Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-conex-concepts-uses-04.txt> (ConEx Concepts and Use Cases) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 07:10:02 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Congestion Exposure WG (conex)
to consider the following document:
- 'ConEx Concepts and Use Cases'
  <draft-ietf-conex-concepts-uses-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-04-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides the entry point to the set of documentation
   about the Congestion Exposure (ConEx) protocol.  It explains the
   motivation for including a ConEx marking at the IP layer: to expose
   information about congestion to network nodes.  Although such
   information may have a number of uses, this document focuses on how
   the information communicated by the ConEx marking can serve as the
   basis for significantly more efficient and effective traffic
   management than what exists on the Internet today.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-conex-concepts-uses/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-conex-concepts-uses/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.