Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tcpm-3517bis-02.txt> (A Conservative Selective Acknowledgment (SACK)-based Loss Recovery Algorithm for TCP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 05:42:52 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the TCP Maintenance and Minor
Extensions WG (tcpm) to consider the following document:
- 'A Conservative Selective Acknowledgment (SACK)-based Loss Recovery
   Algorithm for TCP'
  <draft-ietf-tcpm-3517bis-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-04-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document presents a conservative loss recovery algorithm for TCP
   that is based on the use of the selective acknowledgment (SACK) TCP
   option.  The algorithm presented in this document conforms to the
   spirit of the current congestion control specification (RFC 5681),
   but allows TCP senders to recover more effectively when multiple
   segments are lost from a single flight of data.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-3517bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-3517bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.