Subject: Document Action: 'An Overview of the IETF Network Management Standards' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-opsawg-management-stds-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 03:30:24 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'An Overview of the IETF Network Management Standards'
  (draft-ietf-opsawg-management-stds-07.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Operations and Management Area
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ronald Bonica.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-management-stds/

Technical Summary

   This document gives an overview of the IETF network management
   standards and summarizes existing and ongoing development of IETF
   standards-track network management protocols and data models.  The
   purpose of this document is on the one hand to help system developers
   and users to select appropriate standard management protocols and
   data models to address relevant management needs.  On the other hand,
   the document can be used as an overview and guideline by other
   Standard Development Organizations or bodies planning to use IETF
   management technologies and data models.

Working Group Summary

   There was nothing extremely controversial in the working group process.
   Much discussion that happened around data modelling sections ended in 
   agreement. 

Document Quality

   The document is informational and the level of discussion that happened in 
   the WG and Last Call ensures quality is appropriate. 

Personnel

   Chris Liljenstolpe is the Document Shepherd for this document.
   Dan Romascanu is the Responsible Area Director.'