Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-savi-dhcp-12.txt> (SAVI Solution for DHCP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 07:01:41 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Source Address Validation
Improvements WG (savi) to consider the following document:
- 'SAVI Solution for DHCP'
  <draft-ietf-savi-dhcp-12.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-03-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the procedure for creating bindings between a
   DHCPv4 [RFC2131]/DHCPv6 [RFC3315] assigned source IP address and a
   binding anchor [I-D.ietf-savi-framework] on SAVI (Source Address
   Validation Improvements) device. The bindings can be used to filter
   packets generated on the local link with forged source IP address.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-savi-dhcp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-savi-dhcp/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.