Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-bmwg-protection-meth-09.txt> (Methodology for benchmarking MPLS protection mechanisms) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 09:21:41 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Benchmarking Methodology WG
(bmwg) to consider the following document:
- 'Methodology for benchmarking MPLS protection mechanisms'
  <draft-ietf-bmwg-protection-meth-09.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-03-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This draft describes the methodology for benchmarking MPLS Protection
   mechanisms for link and node protection as defined in [MPLS-FRR-EXT].
   This document provides test methodologies and testbed setup for
   measuring failover times while considering all dependencies that
   might impact faster recovery of real-time applications bound to MPLS
   based traffic engineered tunnels.  The benchmarking terms used in
   this document are defined in [TERM-ID].

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-protection-meth/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-protection-meth/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.