Subject: RFC 6563 on Moving A6 to Historic Status

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 15:55:06 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6563

        Title:      Moving A6 to Historic Status 
        Author:     S. Jiang, D. Conrad,
                    B. Carpenter
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 16654
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-jiang-a6-to-historic-00.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6563.txt

This document provides a summary of issues related to the use of A6 
records, discusses the current status, and moves RFC 2874 to Historic 
status, providing clarity to implementers and operators.  This document is 
not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for 
informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC