Subject: Protocol Action: 'Definitions of Managed Objects for IP Flow Information Export' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ipfix-rfc5815bis-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 02:31:17 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Definitions of Managed Objects for IP Flow Information Export'
  (draft-ietf-ipfix-rfc5815bis-03.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Flow Information Export Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ronald Bonica.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipfix-rfc5815bis/

Technical Summary

   This document defines managed objects for IP Flow Information eXport
   (IPFIX).  These objects provide information for monitoring IPFIX
   Exporters and IPFIX Collectors including the basic configuration
   information.

Working Group Summary

   This is a minor update of RFC 5815. Changes concern the registration
   method of IPFIX packet selector functions by IANA and the
   Integration of errata filed for RFC 5815. The update is included
   in the current WG charter. The update was discussed at several
   WG meetings and on the mailing list.

Document Quality

   The document is a minor updates of RFC5815. The document underwent
   a WG last call in the IPFIX WG in order to maintain the quality
   that RFC 5815 already has.

Personnel

   Juergen Quittek is shepherding this document. Dan Romascanu is the
   responsible area director. 

RFC Editor Note

   Please add to the header of the document 'Obsoletes RFC 5815 when approved'.