Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-analysis-08.txt> (An Overview of the OAM Tool Set for MPLS based Transport Networks) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 12:51:57 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'An Overview of the OAM Tool Set for MPLS based Transport Networks'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-analysis-08.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-03-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides an overview of the OAM toolset for MPLS based
   Transport Networks.  The toolset consists of a comprehensive set of
   fault management and performance monitoring capabilities (operating
   in the data-plane) which are appropriate for transport networks as
   required in RFC 5860 and support the network and services at
   different nested levels.  This overview includes a brief recap of
   MPLS-TP OAM requirements and functions, and of generic mechanisms
   created in the MPLS data plane to allow the OAM packets run in-band
   and share their fate with data packets.  The protocol definitions for
   each of the MPLS-TP OAM tools are defined in separate documents (RFCs
   or Working Group drafts) which are referenced by this document.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-analysis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-analysis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.