Subject: Protocol Action: 'Dynamic Prefix Allocation for NEMOv4' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mip4-nemov4-dynamic-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 08:51:23 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Dynamic Prefix Allocation for NEMOv4'
  (draft-ietf-mip4-nemov4-dynamic-06.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Mobility for IPv4 Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mip4-nemov4-dynamic/

Technical Summary

The NEMOv4 specification allows a Mobile Router to register a whole
network prefix.  In the base specification, the Mobile Router must be
pre-configured with a home prefix which is sent in the NEMO Registration
Request.  In this document, the possibility of allocating a prefix from
the home network dynamically is allowed.  The use of an all-zeroes
value in the home prefix extension is proposed to indicate a request
for dynamic assignment.

Working Group Summary

This short and simple draft encountered very little controversy in
the working group.

Document Quality

The working group chairs indicate that the document is simple and the protocol
well-specified.

Personnel

Document Shepherd is Pete McCann. The responsible Area Director is Jari Arkko.

RFC Editor Note

  Please add "Updates: RFC 5177" to the header.