Subject: Protocol Action: 'FCFS SAVI: First-Come First-Serve Source-Address Validation for Locally Assigned IPv6 Addresses' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-savi-fcfs-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 15:29:47 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'FCFS SAVI: First-Come First-Serve Source-Address Validation for
   Locally Assigned IPv6 Addresses'
  (draft-ietf-savi-fcfs-14.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Source Address Validation
Improvements Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-savi-fcfs/

Technical Summary

   This document describes one method for source address
   verification on a local link.

Working Group Summary

  The working group discussed this idea at length. It turned out that
  in addition to this initial idea in the early stages of the working group there
  were additional developments that people felt needed to be described.

Document Quality

   There are existing implementations of a very similar feature for
   IPv4.

Personnel

   The responsible Area Director is Jari Arkko.