Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc3265bis-07.txt> (SIP-Specific Event Notification) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 09:30:15 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Session Initiation Protocol Core
WG (sipcore) to consider the following document:
- 'SIP-Specific Event Notification'
  <draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc3265bis-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-04-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes an extension to the Session Initiation
   Protocol (SIP).  The purpose of this extension is to provide an
   extensible framework by which SIP nodes can request notification from
   remote nodes indicating that certain events have occurred.

   Note that the event notification mechanisms defined herein are NOT
   intended to be a general-purpose infrastructure for all classes of
   event subscription and notification.

   This document represents a backwards-compatible improvement on the
   original mechanism described by RFC 3265, taking into account several
   years of implementation experience.  Accordingly, this document
   obsoletes RFC 3265.  This document also updates RFC 4660 slightly to
   accommodate some small changes to the mechanism that were discussed
   in that document.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc3265bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc3265bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.