Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-greylisting-06.txt> (Email Greylisting: An Applicability Statement for SMTP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 23:41:19 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Applications Area Working Group
WG (appsawg) to consider the following document:
- 'Email Greylisting: An Applicability Statement for SMTP'
  <draft-ietf-appsawg-greylisting-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-04-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo describes the art of email greylisting, the practice of
   providing temporarily degraded service to unknown email clients as an
   anti-abuse mechanism.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-greylisting/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-greylisting/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.