Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech-10.txt> (Flow Selection Techniques) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 00:37:02 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IP Flow Information Export WG
(ipfix) to consider the following document:
- 'Flow Selection Techniques'
  <draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-04-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Flow selection is the process of selecting a subset of flows from all
   observed flows.  The Flow Selection Process may be located at an
   observation point, or on an IPFIX Mediator.  Flow selection reduces
   the effort of post-processing flow data and transferring Flow
   Records.  This document describes motivations for flow selection and
   presents flow selection techniques.  It provides an information model
   for configuring flow selection techniques and discusses what
   information about a flow selection process should be exported.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1540/