Subject: Protocol Action: 'RTP Payload Format for SMPTE 336M Encoded Data' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-payload-rtp-klv-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 12:59:12 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RTP Payload Format for SMPTE 336M Encoded Data'
  (draft-ietf-payload-rtp-klv-04.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Payloads
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Robert Sparks and Gonzalo Camarillo.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-klv/

Technical Summary

  This document specifies the payload format for packetization of KLV (Key-Length-
  Value) Encoded Data, as defined by the Society of Motion Picture and Television
  Engineers (SMPTE) in SMPTE 336M, into the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP).

Working Group Summary

  There was nothing exceptional in the working group processing of this document.

Document Quality

  The document achieved consensus in the PAYLOAD working group. According to the
  authors, there have been prototypical implementations, including implementation
  inside existing open toolkits and applications. One such prototype involved a
  (modified to implement) VideoLAN VLC to a proprietary RTP-capable desktop
  application.

Personnel

  Ali Begen is the document shepherd.
  Robert Sparks is the responsible Area Director.