Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-fecframe-raptor-10.txt> (Raptor FEC Schemes for FECFRAME) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 14:59:29 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the FEC Framework WG (fecframe) to
consider the following document:
- 'Raptor FEC Schemes for FECFRAME'
  <draft-ietf-fecframe-raptor-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-03-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes Fully-Specified Forward Error Correction
   (FEC) Schemes for the Raptor and RaptorQ codes and their application
   to reliable delivery of media streams in the context of FEC
   Framework.  The Raptor and RaptorQ codes are systematic codes, where
   a number of repair symbols are generated from a set of source symbols
   and sent in one or more repair flows in addition to the source
   symbols that are sent to the receiver(s) within a source flow.  The
   Raptor and RaptorQ codes offer close to optimal protection against
   arbitrary packet losses at a low computational complexity.  Six FEC
   Schemes are defined, two for protection of arbitrary packet flows,
   two that are optimised for small source blocks and another two for
   protection of a single flow that already contains a sequence number.
   Repair data may be sent over arbitrary datagram transport (e.g.  UDP)
   or using RTP.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-fecframe-raptor/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-fecframe-raptor/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1186/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1290/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1509/