Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-typed-wc-fec-03.txt> (LDP Typed Wildcard FEC for PWid and Generalized PWid FEC Elements) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 08:33:04 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to
Edge WG (pwe3) to consider the following document:
- 'LDP Typed Wildcard FEC for PWid and Generalized PWid FEC Elements'
  <draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-typed-wc-fec-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-03-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The "Typed Wildcard Forwarding Equivalence Class (FEC) Element"
   defines an extension to the Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) that
   can be used when it is desired to request or withdraw or release all
   label bindings for a given FEC Element type.  However, a typed
   wildcard FEC element must be individually defined for each FEC
   element type.  This specification defines the typed wildcard FEC
   elements for the PWid (0x80) and Generalized PWid (0x81) FEC element
   types.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-typed-wc-fec/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-typed-wc-fec/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.