Subject: Protocol Action: 'Scalable Operation of Address Translators with Per-Interface Bindings' to Proposed Standard (draft-arkko-dual-stack-extra-lite-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 11:26:30 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Scalable Operation of Address Translators with Per-Interface Bindings'
  (draft-arkko-dual-stack-extra-lite-05.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-arkko-dual-stack-extra-lite/

Technical Summary

   This document explains how to employ address translation in networks
   that serve a large number of individual customers without requiring a
   correspondingly large amount of private IPv4 address space.

Working Group Summary

   This is a submission outside the working groups, but has been
   discussed in the SOFTWIRE working group and in the 3GPP in the
   context of discussions around transition to IPv6.

Document Quality

   There are implementations of this specification, according to
   information from IETF participants, Cisco for instance has an
   implementation. There are also plans for additional
   implementations.

Personnel

   There is no document shepherd. The authors believe the document is
   ready.  Ralph Droms <[email-masked]> is the responsible AD.