Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-avtcore-ecn-for-rtp-06.txt> (Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) for RTP over UDP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 12:26:28 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Core
Maintenance WG (avtcore) to consider the following document:
- 'Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) for RTP over UDP'
  <draft-ietf-avtcore-ecn-for-rtp-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-03-22. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo specifies how Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) can be
   used with the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) running over UDP,
   using RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) as a feedback mechanism.  It
   defines a new RTCP Extended Report (XR) block for periodic ECN
   feedback, a new RTCP transport feedback message for timely reporting
   of congestion events, and a Session Traversal Utilities for NAT
   (STUN) extension used in the optional initialization method using
   Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE).  Signalling and
   procedures for negotiation of capabilities and initialization methods
   are also defined.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-ecn-for-rtp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-ecn-for-rtp/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.