Subject: Protocol Action: 'EAP Re-authentication Protocol Extensions for Authenticated Anticipatory Keying (ERP/AAK)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-hokey-erp-aak-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 10:09:57 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'EAP Re-authentication Protocol Extensions for Authenticated
   Anticipatory Keying (ERP/AAK)'
  (draft-ietf-hokey-erp-aak-10.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Handover Keying Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stephen Farrell and Sean Turner.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hokey-erp-aak/

Technical Summary

  The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) is a generic framework
  supporting multiple types of authentication methods.

  The EAP Re-authentication Protocol (ERP) specifies extensions to EAP
  and the EAP keying hierarchy to support an EAP method-independent
  protocol for efficient re-authentication between the peer and an EAP
  re-authentication server through any authenticator.

  Authenticated Anticipatory Keying (AAK) is a method by which
  cryptographic keying material may be established upon one or more
  candidate attachment points (CAPs) prior to handover.  AAK uses the
  AAA infrastructure for key transport.

  This document specifies the extensions necessary to enable AAK
  support in ERP.

Working Group Summary

  The document is a product of the Hokey working group. The document has
  working group consensus.

Document Quality

  The document develops a series of procedure, protocol for the specific usage
  scenario identified.
  This document has gotten sufficient review from people with
  both OPS and Security background. The quality of the document is good.

Personnel

  Stephen Farrell is the responsible AD
  Tina Tsou is the document shepherd.

RFC Editor Note

1) There's a typo that ID-nits complains about on p17 so:

OLD
       (R) 0x80 [RF5296]
NEW
      (R) 0x80 [RFC5296]

2)  Last para of page 6, a typo noted by Sean

OLD 
    thus message
NEW 
    this message

IANA Note

IANA: please note that -10 adds a new registry that wasn't in -09
as a result of IESG review.