Subject: Protocol Action: 'Virtual Subnet Selection Options for DHCPv4 and DHCPv6' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dhc-vpn-option-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 11:56:10 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Virtual Subnet Selection Options for DHCPv4 and DHCPv6'
  (draft-ietf-dhc-vpn-option-15.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-vpn-option/

Technical Summary

  The draft documents DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 options used by client, servers,
  relays, and in some cases proxies to identify the VPN that a particular
  request originates from.  These options are intended to be used to by
  DHCP servers to help determine how to respond to DHCP requests.  For
  DHCPv4 the draft defines options in agreement with [RFC3942].

Working Group Summary

   There was nothing controversial about this document.

Document Quality

  At least one DHCP server supports this implementation.  It is also
  believed that at least one client implementation exists that supports
  the specified options for DHCPv4.

  Beyond what was performed with key members of the dhc WG no special
  reviews were performed or required.

   Note that this document has been
   extensively revised based on previous IESG review, and a second
   IETF last call has been issued for this document, prior to it returning
   to an IESG telechat agenda.

Personnel

  John Brzozowski ([email-masked]) is the document
  shepherd.
  Ralph Droms ([email-masked]) is the responsible AD.