Subject: Last Call: <draft-jivsov-openpgp-ecc-10.txt> (ECC in OpenPGP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 06:57:39 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'ECC in OpenPGP'
  <draft-jivsov-openpgp-ecc-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-04-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document proposes an Elliptic Curve Cryptography extension to
   the OpenPGP public key format and specifies three Elliptic Curves
   that enjoy broad support by other standards, including NIST
   standards.  The document aims to standardize an optimal but narrow
   set of parameters for best interoperability and it does so within
   the framework it defines that can be expanded in the future to
   allow more choices.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jivsov-openpgp-ecc/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jivsov-openpgp-ecc/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1469/