Subject: Document Action: 'Efficient Augmented Password-Only Authentication and Key Exchange for IKEv2' to Experimental RFC (draft-shin-augmented-pake-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 00:48:38 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Efficient Augmented Password-Only Authentication and Key Exchange for
   IKEv2'
  (draft-shin-augmented-pake-15.txt) as an Experimental RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Sean Turner.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shin-augmented-pake/

Technical Summary

   This document describes a password-based key exchange for IKEv2
   that can be used in the framework described in RFC 6467. The document
   describes its exchange as "an efficient augmented password-only
   authentication and key exchange (AugPAKE) protocol where a user
   remembers a low-entropy password and its verifier is registered in the
   intended server".

Working Group Summary

   This document is an individual submission.

Document Quality

   The document has been well-reviewed, with significant changes made
   since the initial submission. It includes references to academic papers
   that cover the algorithm described in the document. 

Personnel

   Paul Hoffman is the Document Shepherd.
   Sean Turner is the responsible Area Director.
   Tero Kivinen is the IANA expert.