Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-bmwg-ipflow-meth-09.txt> (IP Flow Information Accounting and Export Benchmarking Methodology) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 09:45:11 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Benchmarking Methodology WG
(bmwg) to consider the following document:
- 'IP Flow Information Accounting and Export Benchmarking Methodology'
  <draft-ietf-bmwg-ipflow-meth-09.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-03-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides a methodology and framework for quantifying
   the performance impact of monitoring of IP flows on a network device
   and export of this information to a collector. It identifies the rate
   at which the IP flows are created, expired, and successfully exported
   as a new performance metric in combination with traditional
   throughput. The metric is only applicable to the devices compliant
   with the Architecture for IP Flow Information Export [RFC5470].

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-ipflow-meth/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-ipflow-meth/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.