Subject: REMINDER: IAB solicits candidates for the Internet Society Board of Trustees

From: "IAB Chair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 11:40:06 -0800

The Internet Society (ISOC) provides organizational and financial support
for the IETF.  As part of the arrangements between ISOC and the IETF, the
IETF is called upon to name 3 Trustees to its Board (BoT), with staggered 3
year terms. This requires that the IETF select one Trustee each year.

This year, the IAB will select one person for a term ending in mid 2015.

A description of the IAB's process for selecting the Trustee each year can
be found in RFC 3677, with this year's timeline as follows:

* Feb 10, 2012   : Open nomination period

* March 9, 2012 :  Close of the nomination period

* No later than April 14, 2012 : IAB selection delivered to IESG for
confirmation

* No later than May 25, 2012   : Delivery of final confirmed selection to
the ISOC Elections Committee for announcement with the rest of the new ISOC
BoT slate.

Nominations

-----------

Nominations (including self-nominations) should be sent to the IAB chair--
[email-masked]. 

Please include e-mail contact details with the nomination.

Nomination Details

-----------------

Nominees should be aware that ISOC Trustees are elected to three year terms
with approximately one third of the Board of Trustees elected each year. The
responsibilities of a Trustee include fiscal management of the Internet
Society, fundraising, and participation in 3 physical Board meetings plus 3
conference-call meetings per year.  The desirable characteristics of a
candidate that are specific to the IETF-selected ISOC BoT member are
outlined in section 2 of RFC 3677.

Nominees will be asked to provide to the IAB:

1. Confirmation of their willingness to be considered within this process.

2. Full name and contact information.

3. A statement confirming willingness and ability to devote an appropriate
level of time to activities associated with the position of Trustee.

4. A brief biography outlining experience and background.

5. A statement of interests, concerns about the Internet Society, goals as a
Trustee and motivation to serve as a Trustee.

6. Any further information that is relevant to the work of the IAB in
considering your nomination.

Time Commitment

---------------

Trustees are expected to commit the time necessary to perform regular board
and committee business. Trustees are also expected to allocate some time to
attend and prepare for meetings. The ISOC Board of Trustees holds three
physical meetings and two 2-hour teleconference meetings annually.

Care of Personal Information

----------------------------

The following procedures will be used by the IAB in managing this process:

- The candidate's name will be published, with all other candidate names, at
the close of the nominations period

- Excerpts of the information provided to the IAB by the nominated candidate
will be passed to the IESG as part of the confirmation process. The IESG
will be requested to maintain confidentiality of the candidate's information

- Except as noted above, all information provided to the IAB during this
process will be kept confidential to the IAB.

Current IETF-Selected Trustees

-------------------------------

The current IETF-Selected ISOC Trustees and their term of appointment are:

-  Eric Burger     2009 - 2012

-  Bob Hinden    2010 - 2013

-  Bert Wijnen    2011 - 2014

-- Bernard Aboba

   IAB Chair.