Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-behave-nat64-learn-analysis-03.txt> (Analysis of solution proposals for hosts to learn NAT64 prefix) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 07:51:36 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Behavior Engineering for
Hindrance Avoidance WG (behave) to consider the following document:
- 'Analysis of solution proposals for hosts to learn NAT64 prefix'
  <draft-ietf-behave-nat64-learn-analysis-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-03-22. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Hosts and applications may benefit from the knowledge if an IPv6
   address is synthesized, which would mean a NAT64 is used to reach the
   IPv4 network or Internet.  This document analyses a number of
   proposed solutions for communicating whether the synthesis is taking
   place, used address format, and the IPv6 prefix used by the NAT64 and
   DNS64.  The solutions enable both NAT64 avoidance and intentional
   utilization by allowing local IPv6 address synthesis.  The document
   concludes by recommending selection of heuristic discovery based
   solution.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-behave-nat64-learn-analysis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-behave-nat64-learn-analysis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.