Subject: RFC 6562 on Guidelines for the Use of Variable Bit Rate Audio with Secure RTP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 15:54:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6562

        Title:      Guidelines for the Use of 
                    Variable Bit Rate Audio with Secure 
                    RTP 
        Author:     C. Perkins, JM. Valin
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 14288
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-vbr-audio-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6562.txt

This memo discusses potential security issues that arise when using
variable bit rate (VBR) audio with the secure RTP profile.  Guidelines to
mitigate these issues are suggested.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC