Subject: RFC 6542 on Kerberos Version 5 Generic Security Service Application Program Interface (GSS-API) Channel Binding Hash Agility

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 17:43:14 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6542

        Title:      Kerberos Version 5 Generic Security 
                    Service Application Program Interface (GSS-API)
                    Channel 
                    Binding Hash Agility 
        Author:     S. Emery
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11080
        Updates:    RFC4121

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-krb-wg-gss-cb-hash-agility-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6542.txt

Currently, channel bindings are implemented using an MD5 hash in the
Kerberos Version 5 Generic Security Service Application Programming
Interface (GSS-API) mechanism (RFC 4121).  This document updates
RFC 4121 to allow channel bindings using algorithms negotiated based
on Kerberos crypto framework as defined in RFC 3961.  In addition,
because this update makes use of the last extensible field in the
Kerberos client-server exchange message, extensions are defined to
allow future protocol extensions.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Kerberos WG Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC