Subject: RFC 6521 on Home Agent-Assisted Route Optimization between Mobile IPv4 Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 08:07:10 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6521

        Title:      Home Agent-Assisted Route Optimization between 
                    Mobile IPv4 Networks 
        Author:     A. Makela, J. Korhonen
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      53
        Characters: 123256
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mip4-nemo-haaro-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6521.txt

This document describes a home agent-assisted route optimization
functionality for the IPv4 Network Mobility Protocol.  The function
is designed to facilitate optimal routing in cases where all nodes
are connected to a single home agent; thus, the use case is route
optimization within a single organization or similar entity.  The
functionality enables the discovery of eligible peer nodes (based on
information received from the home agent) and their network prefixes,
and the establishment of a direct tunnel between such nodes.
This document defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet
community.

This document is a product of the Mobility for IPv4 Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC