Subject: RFC 6498 on Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) Voiceband Data (VBD) Package and General-Purpose Media Descriptor Parameter Package

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 08:06:59 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6498

        Title:      Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) 
                    Voiceband Data (VBD) Package and General-Purpose 
                    Media Descriptor Parameter Package 
        Author:     J. Stone, R. Kumar,
                    F. Andreasen
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      47
        Characters: 92301
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-stone-mgcp-vbd-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6498.txt

This document defines Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) packages
that enable a Call Agent to authorize and monitor the transition of a
connection to and from Voiceband Data (VBD) with or without
redundancy and FEC (forward error correction).  Although the focus is
on VBD, the General-Purpose Media Descriptor Parameter package can be
used to authorize other modes of operation, not relevant to VBD, for
a particular codec.  In addition to defining these new packages, this
document describes the use of the Media Format Parameter package and
Fax package with VBD, redundancy, and FEC.  This document is not an 
Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for 
informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC